Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Devil may Cry(moon/lady)

Dante

It was raining the day Eric arrived in Saint city. And while that wasn’t his real name, demons so rarely gave their real names to the humans that thrived in the world. Frowning in annoyance as he stepped out of the space between hell and the human world, he glared up at the house sitting in front of him. He didn’t want to be here, and while the human world amused him at times, he knew that this was going to go badly. He just knew it. The fact that Lucifer had sent him here despite his worry over involving the necromancer, meant that the man was either more desperate then he thought, or was willing to sacrifice his health and safety to make sure that Lucien was taken care of. Which disturbed him more then he thought possible.

Stepping into the small yard he walked up the small sidewalk as he stopped on the front porch, just far enough to tell the necromancer inside that something was waiting for her to answer, and while he knew the rarity of demons on the human plane would keep her from identifying him as demon, much less as the devil’s right hand, it also didn’t make him comfortable to be feeling the power liking across his skin, sampling, trying to figure out what he was.

Knocking on the door he slid a gun into his hand, prepared for anything. The last time he’d turned up on a nercomancer’s front steps he’d been shot. He wasn’t going to make the mistake again and not be prepared. Though nothing could have prepared him for actually seeing the beautiful woman.

Dante was not your run of the mill woman, no matter how she looked. heir of the impressive Valentine Fortune, she was one of the worlds leading Assassins. she was claimed to be able to kill anything or anyone, so long as you fit into her criteria. she did not hunt humans, unless they where of the worst sort. child molesters and the sort like that where often found without their heads. her preferred method for killing anything. she was a bounty hunter, but more than that... she was a Necromancer, and one of the most powerful ever born.she could communicate with any spirit, no matter how long they had been dead. she'd once risen the 'ghost' of Abraham Lincoln for the Historical Society who couldn't decide if a particular Ax had really belonged to Abe or not... the tongue lashing the spectral man had dished out had left no one ever attempting such a thing again. particularly since Dante had been blackmailed into doing it, despite her warnings, repeated warnings, that it wouldn't go well. needless to say, people stopped asking Dante to raise ghosts for them after that... not unless it was REALLY important. like that serial killer she had raised last month to find the bodies of all the people he'd killed.

her life had been filled with oddities, mysteries, and danger... but that had not helped her from nearly pissing her pants when the Devil Himself asked her for a 'favor'... which wasn't much of a favor as it was an entirely impossible task with her life on the line. still, she couldn't just let a random Demon wander around willy nilly as it pleased, and unfortunately she was the best equipped to handle it... she was probobly going to die, but she'd be damn sure to take the creature out with her. she was sitting at her kitchen table, cleaning her gun when she felt... something, at the edge of her 'wards' for lack of a better word. she'd 'borrowed' the term from that silly children's book. it was a line of power that she left around the openings of her home, which would immidiatly alert her if anything of note crossed them. she spread out her Necromantic senses, and danced them over the stranger. not Alive, but not Dead either. so not a werewolf, a human, or a Zombie hell bent on revenge... but not a Vampire or a Ghoul either. it didn't feel like an incubus, and it wasn't a Grim... she had never encountered anything like this, so she grabbed her silver lined sword, and made her way to the front door.

she opened it slowly, saw the white haired man... the gorgeous white haired man with the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen. everything about him was beautiful actually... she brought the sword up as soon as she saw the gun and it was at the hollow of his neck before he could even twitch. she was fast, for a human. "Who are you, what are you, and what do you want? and don't try moving, i have the advantage here..." and she did, strings of her power had attached to him, limiting his movement. he could break them of course, but not before she'd driven the sword through his neck and into his spine. Demon or not, that would certainly put him out of commission for several minutes at the least.

“You are quick human, maybe you will survive.”Eric muttered the moment pressing the gun into the hollow of his neck, looking more amused then worried that he had just been threatened with what most would consider a life threatening movement. Looking down at the bands of power trapping him, he offered her a brazen smirk as he raised a hand, casually brushing them off before looking up at the intriguing woman. “I was sent to speak to you on your mission. While you accepted, you also refused to see my lord, and that put him in a little of a bind, as there are some things you need to know about the creature you hunt.”

Eric raised a eyebrow, watching the beautiful woman, dipping his head a little.”You smell like brimstone and fire, you smell like home.”he muttered looking amused and pleased that his partner in this adventure was at least going to be entertaining. It made him feel better about her life expectancy that she had reacted to finding him on his front steps like she had.

she stared at him for a long moment, her blade pressed against his neck... she moved to stab him when he brushed off her power but paused as he spoke again. he was clearly not hostile... not yet anyway. she froze at the mention of her mission and dissolved into a few well chosen curses as she lowered her weapon and scowled at him. "the 'creature' is a Demon, right? unholy denizen of hell that i'm fairly certain your 'master' unleashed on purpose in order to gain a foothold in the mortal realms. i bet he never anticipated loosing control of the damn thing did he? i don't trust him, and i don't trust you, the ONLY reason i've agreed to this is because your fucking 'Lord gave me no other choice!" she spat before stabbing him a little with her blade. "and don't think flirting with me is going to put me in a better mood you god damn Devil!" she spat before turning on her heal and stalking into the house. "get in here before the neighbors see you!" she demanded, the door slamming shut on it's own as soon as he stepped inside.

she had gone into the kitchen and was reassembling her Gun and was filling different Clips with different kinds of bullets. normal 45 bullets. but there was also Rock Salt bullets for the undead. Silver bullets for werewolves, Iron bullets for the Fayn... also known as fairies. there was even a bullet that would deposit ultraviolet liquid into Vampires. it wouldn't kill them, but it would burn like a bitch. "sit." she demanded as she loaded a Clip with Bullets made of cold Iron. expensive, but worth it. "Tell me about this damn thing then." she ordered, studying him. "and have a beer, you make me nervous just sitting there." she ordered, sliding one of the bottles, one of six, over to him. she'd probobly only just picked up the case of beer. she didn't seam like the kind of girl to just get drunk... granted, she HAD been viseted by the Lord of Hell himself... so getting drunk was probobly to be expected.

“I’m insulted you think we’re unholy. I would have you know that I enjoy going to church when I am in the mortal world. Humans have such amusing ideas on god and the devil.”Eric mused before starting to laugh a little, barely reacting as a golden red bead of blood trailed down his throat. “Hm, but you smell so good, ms. Valentine, I might not be able to stop myself.”he said before looking around, amused to see that indeed the neighbors were watching before walking inside, and following her into the kitchen. “…you have everything but holy water.”he said frowning a little as he looked bemused as he sat.

Raising a eyebrow at the offer of a beer, he looked thoughtful before sipping it, before smiling a little. “My lord did not release this demon. It escaped with something valuable to us, and we would like to see it returned. The only problem is, once, Lucien gave aid when my lord needed it, and was offered any boon he wanted. Lucifer, in one of his less…”He paused struggling with the urge to obey his need to respect his king, and to show how stupid the boon had been he sighed.”then a good move, and Lucien asked him for immunity from death, by both demon and man alike.”He smirked a little. “And that is where you come in, lovely.”

she scowled at him. "your devils and you just unleashed a terror onto my world that you expect ME to kill. you didn't even ask, you just blackmailed me into it! of COURSE your evil!" she spat hatefully. "and i don't give a damn how i smell, you keep your hands, your lips, and your thoughts to yourself!" she demanded. "and i do have Holy Water." she stated, holding up what looked like glass beads which where being filled with hollow point bullets. "blessed by the Archangel Aramis." she admitted simply as she shook the bullets she had already made. "the hollow point shatters on impact, and the glass beads shatter once inside the target, releasing holy water. sometimes it kills, sometimes it doesn't." she shrugged. "i have a few vials of it that i can toss at people too." she admitted with a smirk. "shall i see if it works?" she asked, slipping a small vial out of her pocket and shaking it so that the liquid inside swirled. "i hear it burns the unholy like a bitch."

she set it down and listened to his story, lifting an eyebrow at him. the look on her face was enough to let him know exactly how stupid she thought the Lord of hell was. "so in other words, your glorious and almighty master fucked shit up and now he want's ME to fix it..." she snarled, her eyes narrowing even more. "what the FUCK is wrong with you people!? you know what. don't answer that. just tell me how to deal with this god damn creature before it starts eating people." she demanded as she finished loading up her last Clip and slipped them into a clip belt, all of them fitting side by side rather perfectly. then she started to finish cleaning her gun, polishing the metal and the wood handle before slipping that into the belt as well. "and before i forget to ask, what in the hell makes you think i can kill the beast when it's safe from man and demon alike!?"

Eric raised a eyebrow at her rant, trying to figure out if she was brave of just that suicidal before looking at the bullets, “Interesting. Definitely something that will be useful on Lucien, and the imps if he has any with him.”Eric said thoughtful because he wondered if any other demons had followed Lucien out, and wondering just how in the dark his lord was keeping him. Because he knew the lord of hell was up to something, but eric prided himself on being able to figure out the games his lord played without getting himself killed. He knew eventually he’d figure this one out to. “You could. It would be a interesting development if you want to see how they work.”he said simply, not about to admit out loud that the situation was serious enough that Lucifer had sent not just a greater flight demon to back her up, but his eldest, the kinslayer.

Eric’s laughter filled his eyes even if the laughter didn’t spill out of his mouth at her description, mostly because he agreed with her. It had been stupid for Lucifer to not think through the ramifications of giving a demon of lucien’s intelligence and power free reign. “Track him. Kill him. Lucien has been…experimenting with humans. There’ll be dead.”he said simply before smirking at her question, looking her over, his eyes lingering on her curves and boobs before he answered.”Because, you are neither, lovely.”

she rolled her eyes a little. "yes, Holy water being useful against Demons. who would have thought!?" she demanded sarcastically. "i've dealt with Imps before at least. nasty little bastards." she muttered with a shake of her head. "so what's this thing that... Lucien, did you say? stole?" she asked finally. "and i beleive that you never introduced yourself either. highly rude of you." she complained, much more calm now that she had vented her rage at someone. "i've used the Holy Water bullets on other creatures. they work fine. minor 'demons' crop up all the time." she admitted simply. "they aren't really Demons of course, they are humans who made bad deals with the Devil and are 'turned'. at least that's the running theory." she admitted as she took a long swallow of her beer. "experimenting on them how?" she asked, her eyes narrowed. she knew that some of the preternatural did that, but what did a Demon from hell need to experiment on humans for, when he probobly had as many human slaves in hell he could ever want? she pondered that as she stood up and headed over to her freezer, popping it open and pulling out a frozen dinner.

"are you hungry? i'm not much of a cook, but most of these frozen meals are pretty good." she admitted as she poked holes in the packaging and slipped it into the microwave. "i still don't understand why you need ME. i know for a fact that there are three other female Bounty hunters, just as strong, if not stronger than me. one of them is even a Necromancer." but none of them had the necromantic power that Dante had. not to mention Dante was... something else, as well, not that the woman knew it. she had power that even the Lord of Hell wouldn't have expected.

“…Hey, its not my fault that some humans are stupid and used regular water on me once.”He said in response to her sarcasm before tilting his head. “A demon artifact. Nothing important to humans except that it will bring about the end of the world for you. And cant have that. Demons like humans.”He muttered looking amused.”I am called eric.”he said not using his full name, because he knew that if he gave her that, she’d be able to enforce her will on him, even if it wouldn’t last for long, he knew she could order him around if she wanted.

“….you have no idea how nercomances and healers, and hedgewitches came to be do you?”He muttered looking thoughtful, because if humanity forgot that much, maybe he was better off living in the human world then he was at home. The thought was cheering for all of the moment that it took him to think it, because he knew that eventually Lucifer would call him back, and he knew that wouldn’t be happy if he found eric living with humans.

“I am. It has been….a long time since I had human food.”he said watching her cook it before smirking a little. “You are utterly unique Dante Valentine, and while all nercomances come from the same spot, it had to be you.”He said simply, not about to explain until he knew exactly what was different about her.He'd been told to only that it had to be her. he had his suspicions, but only time would tell

she shook her head a little. "most humans don't realize that their pastor, priest, or pope are not actually capable of blessing water." she admitted with a small chuckle. "whats really amusing, is that even you could make Holy Water." she admitted simply. "all you need is a Cross, a Gold Coin, and a drop of blood... granted... i don't know what Demonic blood would do to holy water.. i might have to test that." she admitted with a shrug. "being a Necromancer, it's easier for me to just have a large bucket blessed by an Angel that i summon. they are always eager and happy to help." she admitted simply. "so long as you don't summon the wrong one anyway. Archangel Gabriel is a dick." she admitted as she shook her head. "i do know, but not many others do. most Necromancer where born from Demon's or Angels breeding with humans." she admitted. "at least, that's what i was told. i might be wrong." she admitted. "it's a secrete that we try not to let get out, and most of the Necromancer, and hedgwitches and others, don't know. they just assume they have always been there. that's why we tend to have so many demon problems. a lot of Necromancer make idiotic decisions and summon Demon's that they can't control. thankfully, most Necromancer never have the power to do anything more than bring in an Imp or two."

she popped open the microwave and set a turkey and potato meal in front of him, before offering him a fork and moving back to the freezer, grabbing randomly and slipping it into the microwave before taking another long drink of her beer. "unique?" she asked, blinking at him. "i know i have a bit more power than others..." she muttered, frowning as she studied her reflection in the microwave window. "i can't see anyone else summoning Abraham Lincoln after all." she admitted with a smirk. "i still can't beleive the tongue lashing he gave those bastards..." she muttered before settling down with her own meal. "so, it has to be me to take care of this Lucien... is that his real name?" she asked. "knowing his True Name could give me an advantage over him... i know i won't be able to Command him as easily as i could other Preternatural. Demon's weren't meant to be controlled after all, and have some immunity to such power, but it would slow him down considerably."

“It does the same thing as angelic blood does. At least for the greater flight.”he said tilting his head a little because while most of the catholic religion got it wrong about demons, the greater flight was made up of the former archangels and seraphim, the ones who followed Lucifer into hell. “And gabriel has always been a dick, I’m glad that some things will never change.”He said before tilting his head, thinking about it. Not about to admit that it was true, demons had bred with the humans, and while it wasn’t exactly a secret, what came after was. It was amazing indeed that as many of the breeding lines had survived as they did. “You don’t have demon problems because we exist, you have demon problems because humanity has always been fascinating for us.”

Looking at the food he smiled a little as he started to eat, before nodding. “You are different, you are closer to a necromance’s beginnings then the others I found. And we…need the purest line available, for Lucien isn’t just one of the greater flight, he is one of the former archangels…and lucifer’s twin.”He muttered hating to admit it, but he thought his lord was being a idiot, and keeping the woman in the dark could get them both killed.

“Tierce Lucien is his full given name. I’ve seen him walk over fire because it was spoken with enough power to make even my bones hum. You wont be able to summon him like that, but we might be able to slow him down enough to stop him from killing us before I can kill him.”he said, because while he was the devil’s assassin and eldest, he had his doubts about being able to kill his lord’s twin.

she nodded. "i've heard of the Greater Flight... surprisingly, some of the Archangels i've summoned spoke highly of them." she admitted with a small chuckle. "i'm sure that the Catholic and the other Christian religions got Demonology and Angelology wrong..." she admitted. "there does have to be balance after all. good and evil are just relative terms. there really isn't any TRUE Evil, or true Good in this world. even Angels lie after all." she admitted. "granted... he didn't lie to me after that." she mused, smirking viciously. "i don't know much about either in any case, any Angel i've summoned is shockingly tight lipped about it... one of them even told me to piss off!" she admitted, looking highly amused. "he's my favorite." she admitted with a snicker. "Aramis is always good for a nasty joke or two." she sighed. "no. we have a Demon problem, because your stupid ass master gave one of them immortality!" she complained, shaking her head. "i'm half temped to let him come here just so i can rant at him and kick him a few times... the superb little dick!" she grumbled before looking at him with a frown.

"this has to do with my bloodline doesn't it?" she asked curiously. she had never known her father. but her mother had been a very accomplished 'animator'. which wasn't at all what you thought it was. an 'Animator' was a person who could make nearly anything move. stuffed animals, dolls, puppets, and even other people if they where strong enough. Dante's mother had employed the use of two life sized 'dolls' to fight with. she had taken the name 'The Puppet Master' and had run a reign of terror against the 'evil' denizens of the Preternatural. until she had died of cancer anyway. she choked on her Beer and sprayed it all over the table when she was told that Lucien was the Devil's own Twin. "fucking hell!" she gasped once she'd gotten her breath back. "that explains a bit." she managed to choke out, wiping her tearing eyes and trying to get a full breath of air. it did make sense too. people did very stupid things for family. "no i wouldn't dare try to summon him, he's far too powerful for something like that, i'd drain my life force trying." she admitted shaking her head. "but with his name i can do the next best thing... i can track him."

“Well, we speak highly of the archangels at times.”Eric snorted looking amused before tilting his head a little. “Aramis was always interesting. Though more likely to do Gabriel and michael’s bidding then to do something just because.”he mused before laughing, “he was not the one who gave us immortality. Your creator did that, we just….use it for more interesting things then the angels do.”He mused before nodding. “I am sure he deserves some of the kicking.”

“It does. There are certain nercomances that are….closer to the dead and demons then others, and to get Lucien, you will need it.”he said before laughing out loud as she sprayed her beer, smirking a little. “And whatever game Lucien is playing in the human world, it will be a similar grand one to outdo lucifer’s. my lord has always been...stupid about his brother, but Iwill not allow him to get killed because of it."he sighed softly, “You can track him. And he will know we are trying. We are better off following him the old fashioned way, and waiting until we are closer to track him with his name.”

she chuckled a little. "Aramis is a bit of a pansy." she agreed. "and far too willing to follow orders. it's pathetic, an Archangel without a backbone." she admitted with a small snort. "and MY creator did shit." she stated. "Demon's and Angels can be killed. i'm sure the Devil could be too... though i'm not sure if someone could kill God... YOUR Master is the dipshit who freed him from Death's collar... i bet he's fairly pissed about that too isn't he?" now that was new. not many Human's realized that Death was an actual entity, but Dante seamed to actually KNOW Death... or know very well about his personality... of course, being such a powerful Necromancer, she had probobly drawn the attention of more than one Grim Reaper. Death's minions. "oh i'll kick him alright." she growled, annoyed before examining the Demon in front of her.

"i suppose i am the closest to the realm of Death." she muttered. "i've actually been promised a place as a Reaper once i die." she admitted with a smirk. that was another shock. not just anyone could become a reaper, and to be offered a place while still alive hadn't happened in over three millennium. "it won't be hard to Track him the old fashioned way." she admitted with a shake of her head. "we just have to follow the stink of brimstone and the dead bodies." she admitted with a smirk as she finished her meal and tossed it into the garbage. "stay here." she ordered, heading upstairs. there was the sound of rustling clothes, she was getting changed... then she was back down in a leather corset top, low hanging black leather pants, and heavy protective boots and gloves for when she had to shove her arm into a mouth to save her face from getting chewed off. "i'm going to assume you know, at least generally, where the bastard is? at least the state he's taking shelter in?" she demanded, watching Eric as she strapped the belt onto her hips and slipped the gun into it's holder before pulling on a holster for her sword, which was placed diagonally across her back.

“He can be. But most wont try, since doing so means facing me in mortal combat.”He said in a off handed way, as if it didn’t register that he just admitted to being what amounted to a body guard, or that he stood in the way of hell’s denizens to get at his lord. Looking slightly surprised at her mention of death he raised a eyebrow a little, looking thoughtful. Wondering if her connection to death was what had drawn Lucifer to her. And not about to betray the surprise as he nodded.

“It would, but it is better to follow him the hard way, because Lucien is not someone you want knowing your after him. Even I do not like facing him in single combat.”He grumbled a little watching her go upstairs, raising a eyebrow at her dress as he stood, looking just as ready for fighting as she was in his long leather duster and jeans, guns riding low on his hips and a sword like hers going diagonally down his back.

“He’s not in the states. He fled to Sweden, because they tend to….have more of your kind there. He’s hunting nercomances and healers, there are more in Europe.”he said simply, not about to point out why that was a fact, but everyone in the world knew that while their numbers were still low, there was far more of the two psychic abilities in europe then in the states.

she studied him for a long moment, suddenly realizing that this man was not just another Demon from Hell... he was one of the Big Players, he might have even been one of the 'high flyers' at one point. honestly she wasn't as surprised as she thought she should be at the suspicion that he was one of the Greater Flight. then again, if the thing she was hunting was the Devil's own brother... why wouldn't one of the top lieutenants be there to help her? she said nothing of it though, no need to let him realize that she had been given more information than he wanted to. "it is betrer to follow him the old fashioned way." she decided with a small sigh, "we'll have to try and set a trap for him." she grumbled. "...Sweden? fuck i HATE going to Sweden... fucking Under-hill folk are annoying..." a species of 'under Fey' which included brownies, hobgoblins, Gnomes and other various weaker, but still tougher than human, creatures. they where stuck up to the max, and hated strangers in their territories.

"now the Necromancers i can understand, but why hunt healers?" she asked, looking dismayed. it was a universal understanding that no one went after the healers, just as the healers understood that they would heal anyone who needed it. Healers never took sides in a war, or a battle, or a fight. they just healed what injuries they could, and made death painless for those they couldn't. to hunt healers was as bad as... as bad as murdering newborns. it just wasn't done! "fuck... alright i'll pull in a few favors and get us a plane." she muttered as she headed over tot he phone and dialed a number. "hey Dask... it's Dante. yeah i need a ride to Sweden... yep... no more of the 'the world is going to fucken end, variety... oh yeah. alright i'll see you in twenty." she hung up and looked at Eric. "well, lets go. we need to be at the Private Airport in twenty minutes." she ordered, stretching as she headed into the closet, grabbed a backpack and two duffel bags and tossed one into Eric's arms. "carry that for me." she ordered, already heading out the door to her Car.

Eric muffled his laughter nodding a little.”Oh yes, they are, which is why he is there. Besides the nercomances there, the under-hill keep anyone from noticing him there.”He shrugged before staring at her, tilting his head a little as he considered what she was asking him, thinking about what he could say before sighing, “Because they have something he wants.”he said simply, wondering just how long he’d get away with not telling her anything, but there was a shadow of pain in his eyes as he considered why there were so few of both, and that was something he didn’t want to discuss.

Listening to her make the phone call her sighed softly, thinking about it before looking at the duffel bag in his arms. “Do I look like your courtier to just care shit?”He asked looking amused though instead of annoyed as he followed her outside and into the car.

she shook her head. "fucking bastards." she grumbled. "i'm bringing extra Cold Iron... i'll flood those damn 'hills' of theirs!" she hissed in annoyance before she fixed him with a stern glare. "and of course your not going to tell me what that is... next thing i know, i'm going to find out that he's stealing their abilities!" she spat in annoyance. "i HATE you Demon bastards!" she spat. "at least an Angel is HONEST about lying to you!" she growled as she stomped her way outside. "Yes, you are a Gopher, Carry this too." she ordered, tossing the other Duffel-bag at him before digging into her closet for two more before packing the backpack and the four duffel bags into the trunk of her car. that done, she made him get into the Car and buckle up before she locked the door, set up the defenses... not much wanted to break into a house that would electrocute you every time you tried to jimmy the locks. "you where sent here to help me, and since your probobly some useless under leveled demon, your going to Carry my 'shit'." she stated, well aware that the statement would annoy him. particularly since he was a bodyguard to the Devil Himself.

she drove through the city to the outer reaches and stopped in front of a tiny, personal owned Airport where a man was waiting with a small airplane. the same kind that the military used to transfer soldiers from one location to the other. it was more of a Helicopter really. she threw two Duffel's at Eric and then carried the other two, and the backpack over to the Plane. then it was a long, long flight to Sweden.

“No.Not their powers.”Eric said before looking at her. “I’m not being dishonest about lying, you know I’m going to, so why are you being upset with it.”he said shifting the bags, looking fairly annoyed but carrying the bags none the less as he walked, making it look fairly easy as he tossed the stuff in the back. Settling into the seat he looked at her, his eye twitching a little, “I am no underling, a’malhak. Just drive.”Eric said going back to staring out the window, and summarily ignoring the woman.

Looking at the helicopter that they were getting into he looked even more annoyed,”Must we ride in this…contraption?I can get us to Sweden with a astral shift. We don’t have to do this.”He said simply. Could it be right? That eric, assassin of the damned, didn’t like to fly?

she snorted a little. "i'm upset about this whole damn thing." she snapped, scowling at him. "and you keeping shitting secretes could very well get ME killed and the WORLD Destroyed! if i die, i'm haunting your ass, i hope you know that!" she hissed before stalking into the car before shooting him a baffled look. "A'Ma what?" she demanded, wrinkling her nose. "and of course your an underling. if you weren't, you'd have more information. you don't even know what this creature stole or why it has to be me specifically. your just guessing. don't think i haven't noticed." she scoffed, following his example in ignoring him. "yes i have to ride in this contraption. i'll get arrested if i don't show up using 'reputable' means... which means by human means." she admitted with a sigh. "it's as annoying as ever, but it can't be helped." she stated simply. "if your so afraid of flying, fold yourself to Sweden by yourself and book us a Hotel. here's where i'll be landing." she stated, handing him a postcard before starting to strap in her baggage and herself. wondering if he'd suck it up and get on the helicopter, or wait several hours for her to appear alone.

“….He’s hunting necromaces he can trace directly to demons.”he said simply, not about to tell the more, fuller truth, the painful one that was as crippling as it was truthful. The answer was enough to know what Lucien wanted, the rest, was just emotional baggage. “A’malhak.”He said simply looking amused at her pronunciation, but not explaining what it is, something was liable to be a very good insult in demon if nothing else. “I know what he stole, and I know why he wants it, I just don’t know why.”Eric said sounding annoyed before sighing softly as he stared at the helicopter.

Scowling as he followed her in and strapped himself in he glared at the wall across from him.”It has to be you because you are the very thing Lucien is hunting. He would have come after you eventually. You hunting him, with me at your back, just means you might survive the encounter.”

she blinked, looking startled. "aren't all Necromancer related to demons?" she asked, stunned before understanding flickered in her eyes. "you mean people who can claim a mother, a grandmother, or a great grandmother... or father, as an ancestor don't you? someone whose more than just a 'passing link'..." she muttered, sounding so shocked that it was almost funny. "good god he's going after his own kind... attacking the families of Demons could easily weaken them... he's making a massive power play isn't he?" she demanded, her eyes filled with a strange sort of fury. "i wonder which of my relatives was a Demon?" she mused. "i only ever knew my mother. she never spoke of her family, and i never knew my father... it could be from either side of the family." she pondered that for a moment and then scowled at him again. "and what is A'Mal-hack?" she demanded, lifting an eyebrow at him. "i have to admit, i feel a lot better about this knowing i would have been dragged into it, even without Lucifer's interference... course, it's still his fault..." she grumbled. "honestly, how did Lucien even get into the mortal plains anyway!?" she demanded, sulking as she crossed her arms and scowled. "...how much of this is Lucifer covering his ass, and how much of it is Lucien simply causing his own brand of massive mayhem?"

“Yes.Someone close, closer then the ancient lines. And others. He’s searching for those of certain lines, the most ancient of ones. He’s searching for the youngest, and the oldest.”He sighed before looking out the window before nodding.”Yes….some of them would be lucien’s kin, he has never disdained from harming others to injure his twin’s power.It is the oldest powerplay, for they have been forever fighting.”He sighed softly thinking about it as he looked out the window, watching the sun starting to come up. “A’malhak.”He corrected, “And it is…a term for the children of the fallen.”He shrugged before laughing at her description.”Covering his ass..that is a good term for it.”He snorted a little. “A lot of it is him ‘covering’ because Lucifer has always been foolish over his twin, even when he should know better. And the rest if Lucien just causing his own mayhem because he knows Lucifer will not kill him. Even I, am restricted to my lord’s command to bring him home.”He said though the look on his face said he’d like to spare them all the pain and simply kill him.

she grimaced a little and nodded. "so i thought... one of my ancestors was a Demon... gross." she muttered, though she wasn't really as annoyed by that as she wanted to be. what no one realized, was that while her great grandfather on her mothers side had indeed been a Demon, her father had been something else entirely, which could very well give her an advantage that no one would ever expect against the denizens of hell. "so not only are Heaven and Hell fighting for Souls, but Hell is in a constant battle for control..." she muttered. "that's really gotta suck." she muttered, shaking her head a little. "i'm a child of the Fallen!?" she asked, her eyes wide. indeed she was. her Great Grandfather had been one of Lucien's favorites, in all irony. he had died after pissing off the wrong Archangel. "you might be restricted, but i am not." she muttered, a wicked light gleaming in her eyes. "i'll see to it that he can never, ever cause problems ever again." she growled before turning her attention to the window. "we're over the sea now." she muttered. "it should only be a few more hours. as uncomfortable as these things are, they are very fast."

“It’s hell. Did you really think we’d be crocheting or something?”Eric said looking amused. “Of course we’re always fighting. Though I don’t get to fight a lot. I usually just kill people.”he mused looking disappointed at the lack of true competition, and was one of the only reasons he was going to enjoy this fight. Because he knew Lucien was more then enough to give him a true fight. Tilting his head a little as he thought before grinning., “I think I’m going to like you. If we end my problems with Lucien, I will eternally be grateful. Maybe even enough to sire a child or two on you. That would be fun.”Eric said his smirk wide enough to say that he was just teasing her since she’d freaked out so much at the idea of one of her ancestors being a demon before wincing as he looked at the window before returning to stare at his feet.”good. this is long.”He muttered trying to not think about flying.

Back
Top Bottom