Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Driven to the Edge [Blu and Driven]

"Two Mustangs? You're joking, right?" He scratched the side of his head, "I mean, one ugly Mustang should surely be enough for anyone really. Having two of them would just be..." He looked away from her, "I just... I can't even fathom how hard that would be on the eyes." He then returned his gaze to her with a smirk, "Holy shit. The longer I talk to her, the worse my jokes are getting..."

"The stance thing though... I think a lot of these kids don't realize that--no offense--but girls really just don't care. For the average girl, cars are just transportation. To them a 'nice' car is something that they saw in a movie or something. You know, cars that are 'cool' in mainstream society or a sign of status." He crossed his arms again, "I remember this girl back in high school I liked... well really I just thought she was cute, but anyway... My friend rolls up in his V6 Mustang. White with blue stripes and some obnoxious 20 inch chrome wheels. She's all, 'I like your car'. In my head I'm like, 'My GS-R is better than his car in pretty much every way'. I mean, it was my dad's car, but still she didn't know that!"

He really didn't know what it was about girls and Mustangs, but he figured he'd keep his lips tight before he actually offended her. To think that he was usually pretty good at flirting too.

"Hey... instead of beating around the bush, how about we just set it up? Dani and I are about to go get lunch, but I can give you my number and we can do something later tonight? Unless you'd rather have your little group of street racing punks-- I-I mean friends watch you lose." He smirked before continuing on, "You can even put me in your phone as Officer Taylor."

Lara's stance shifted again and her arms crossed over her chest as she huffed indignantly. "Excuse me? Who said I would be getting another Fox or Notch? I could use a little extra weight to throw around...the Fox would be my superb and fun as hell drift car, and then I would go for something a little newer to focus on grip racing." She grinned brightly at the thought. It certainly wasn't the first time she had dreamed about it. "Preferably 2010 and up, but I'd settled for '05 and newer. I can't help that I feel compelled to prove that a big, heavy, old live-axle can keep up with the latest and greatest with the right person behind the wheel," she winked before shrugging. "Jack Roush Jr is kind of my hero for helping to prove everyone wrong. I would love to drive other cars on occasion, but I just seemed to be best-suited to the brutes." She was used to taking shit for her choice of vehicle and it typically rolled off her shoulders by that point. Everyone had their preferences!

She had to nod in agreement at his discussion of stance. "Believe me, no one understands that better than me," she mused. She had tried to befriend those girls at one time or another; she had tried to teach them something, get them to learn so maybe they wouldn't just hop into a car with any random asshole. It never went well. If a car looked shiny and expensive, that was typically all they cared about. "Let's call it like it is: if it looks even remotely expensive or has two doors, most girls are gonna shake their hips a little, toss their hair and take a seat..." As animated a talker as she was, it was no surprise that she physically mocked the gestures as she described them. "Which then makes the douchebags over-confident and try their shit on girls like me, and that's just downright insulting!"

The brunette found herself smirking once more, her head tilting to the side slightly as her eyes narrowed at him mischievously. "Hey, you're the one that decided on the 'lucky charm' in that bunch, I'm just saying," she retorted, although good humor was still the obvious tone of her words. "But yeah, sounds good, minus the my losing part, obviously. Hell if I'm gonna let you just walk away with a win!" She slipped the bulb packaging under her arm and dug her phone out of the back pocket of her work pants, using both hands to pull up a new contact page as she glanced up at him coyly through her eyelashes. "Contact name: Officer Taylor, huh? I'm only doing that if you got to keep the handcuffs." She extended the phone to him once the page was pulled up and silently chided herself. Did you really just fucking say that...?

When Desmond took the phone from the brunette he said with a smirk, "I have my own personal pair." "Was that awkward?" He chuckled a bit, hopefully easing the situation. After a few taps at her phone he held it back out to her. "You know, the 'lucky charm' chose me. I was just going with the flow. Besides, I was there to catch you and I couldn't ruin a chance to get close to you by walking up to you and acting like Mike, now could I?"

Dani made her way back around to the headlight isle and stepped right up beside Desmond, "Hey. Hi. Sorry to seem like kiiind of a nag, but y'know... I'm starving." She looked back and forth between the two, "I had a really light breakfast aaaand by light breakfast, I mean no breakfast." Her eyes then rested on the brunette, "You can come with us. Like I'm not trying to take him away from you or anything, I just really wanna go eat." She chuckled a bit. She was being honest, even though it might have come off as a bit rude.

"Well, Lara... do you wanna join us?" Desmond asked casually.

The words were out of her mouth before she could stop them. "I'll have to keep that in mind." While her smile was teasing, she made a mental note to constantly remind herself that she had only actually known him for what, five? Ten minutes? Not counting, obviously, the whole attempted arrest and everything. That didn't actually count. She wasn't typically so quick to make those sorts of jokes around people she didn't know so well...and yet there she was. Luckily, she was able to recover a bit with a roll of her eyes. "Isn't that what they all say? And who said you had to act like Mike? Dear God, no one should act like him. One is enough," she laughed before taking back her phone and making sure the contact saved.

Lara's attention was back on the other woman when she approached - Dani, she recalled he'd mentioned - and she smiled somewhat sheepishly. Her brows rose up in mild surprise once more at the offer. Well, this day had certainly taken a turn for the odd, albeit in a good way.

"I wouldn't want to intrude on your guys' day or anything. Well...any more than I already have," she laughed lightly." She hadn't actually made it to lunch at work since Pete had sent her off early, but at the same time she didn't want to overstep her boundaries so early on in the...friendship? She supposed that was, technically, what they were well on their way towards. It was certainly an odd thought, though, all things considered.

Dani gave Desmond a pat on the back, "Look, given everything that's gone down... Since Desi hasn't screamed at you, spit on you, or slammed you into one of these shelves-"

"Way to make me look violent, Dani..."

"That means he probably likes you. I mean, as a person," she chuckled. "I can't say if he likes you as more than that." She nudged Desmond a bit with her elbow, "Anyway, you don't give off bad vibes. So I'm inviting you along. You won't be intruding on anything, I promise." She gave Lara a warm smile.

Desmond remained mostly silent. He was just now realizing how absurd all of this might seem, given how he and Lara had originally met each other.

At Dani's description, she quirked a brow and glanced at Desmond with an amused grin. Lara would have to admit that she would have expected their meeting to have gone down in a much similar manner. Hell, if she had been in his position, she wasnf so sure she wouldn't have done much the same. However to say she wasn't relieved that things had taken a much more pleasant, peaceful turn would have been a flat-out lie. She couldn't help but feel like there was some sort of mutual, primarily unspoken respect between them...or perhaps it was all in her head.

As Dani continued, she found herself laughing slightly once more. The two clearly had one of those friendships that went a ways back and that was something she could certainly appreciate. It was always great to be around close friends, as far as she was concerned. She and Luke could certainly relate.

She finally offered a nod. "Well, in that case, I haven't had lunch, yet, so I wouldn't mind tagging along," she grinned...and then abruptly remembered why she had gone to Jerry's in the first place. "But first I should probably pick up the Whipple kit my boss sent me to get in the first place," she laughed sheepishly.

Desmond over-dramatically rolled his eyes when he heard her mention the supercharger. "And here I thought that Jerry didn't sell any junk," he teased. Even if the kit wasn't for her, he couldn't miss an opportunity to take a jab at Ford. Especially since she just dissed the 80's Civic. Shame on her. "I actually did come here to get some headlights so... if you could kindly get out of the way so I could grab those, that'd be great," he chuckled a bit.

"I think I'm officially flirting with her..." He reflected on his sudden childish behavior. To some people it might just seem like he was being immature, or even being a jerk, but just like a little kid with a crush that's just how he flirted. It's worked for this long.

He felt an arm slide around his waist and when he peered down at the offender, she asked him, "So where did you want to eat, big guy?" Dani wasn't short by any means, but there was a lot of distance between her 5'10" and his 6'3". However, before Desmond even had chance to respond Dani snapped at him, "Dammit, Des, is that glitter on your shirt?!"

He looked down at his shirt, not really seeing anything, "I.. don't know. Probably? Can we just focus on where we're going to eat? You were the one who just came over here complaining about being starving."

"Fine... fine," she ran a hand through her hair. "Well there's burgers down the street. Uhm... the bistro isn't too too far--"

"Eh, we go to the bistro way too much."

"You're right. Uhm... we could do sushi?" She then looked to Lara, "Unless you had any suggestions? I wouldn't want to drag you somewhere where you couldn't eat."

Lara rolled her eyes and childishly stuck her tongue out at him. "Hey, not for my car thank you very much! I'm just the delivery chick...and the one getting paid by the rich bastard whose getting it put on," she grinned sheepishly. She wasn't one to turn down the childish digs. It was light-hearted and just a bit fun...not to mention she was finding it pretty easy to reciprocate. Perhaps she was enjoying herself a little too much...

She side-stepped with an exaggerated huff of inconvenience before laughing. She watched the two interact with an amused little grin on her lips. She was, admittedly, beginning to feel a bit short. At 5'5", she often defended herself at average height, but even Dani was taller than her...and Desmond had to have been nearly a foot taller than her. She had always had a thing for tall guys... ...Did you really just think that?

At the exclamation of glitter on his shirt, her brow quirked. Glitter, huh? Perhaps he had an unusual penchant for sparkly things? She somehow doubted it. She smirked and shook her head slightly to herself. She wasn't even sure she really wanted to know. That was all his business.

At Dani's mention of the Bistro, she tried not to laugh. There was something so amusing about the fact that she had seen him in uniform before the whole thing had gone down...and even more-so about how things had developed from there. Who was she to complain? Friends were friends, right?

...sure.

Upon realizing that Dani had addressed her, she shrugged and shook her head. "I'm good with just about anything as long as it won't kill me or isn't spicy to high hell," she laughed. "Just about anything in between is good."

As long as it wasn't spicy to high hell? What exactly was her limit for spicy? In his experience, something that wasn't all that spicy to him would be like getting chin-checked by Johnny Storm for whichever girl he was with at the time. With a bit of a shrug, Desmond picked up his car's respective headlights and tucked the box under his arm.

At the same time, Dani chuckled at Lara's comment, "Oh boy. Another indecisive one, huh?" Her blue-green eyes shot up to Desmond, "You really know how to pick 'em, don't you?" She felt an elbow hit her arm almost immediately after she finished her sentence.

"You have no chill, Dani. You really don't," Desmond said to her, slightly shaking his head. His brown eyes looked to Lara, "Well there's a hibachi grill around here somewhere that I've always wanted to try. So I vote for that," he said with a bit of a shrug as if he were looking to her for confirmation.

Lara rolled her eyes at Dani's comment. She had to admit, one of her faults was often her over-conscious effort to not overstep boundaries with new friends-in-the-making. Especially in situations where she was invited along much like theirs had become. If it was in the cards for them to become really good friends? That attitude would shift in a heartbeat, but for now she was content to sit back and let someone else make the definitive decision.

At Desmond's suggestion she shrugged and nodded, although glanced down at herself somewhat sheepishly. "As long as this is appropriate-enough attire, that sounds good to me," she agreed. She jerked her chin at his choice. "You all set there, then?" she grinned before turning towards the end of the aisle to lead the trek back to the front counter.

A few steps into open store, and she heard a familiar exclamation. "There's my favorite girl! Toss me those keys from where you're at and we'll get your truck loaded in no time!"

She looked up at the shop order and flashed him one of her award winning grins as she dug the keys to her truck out of her pocket. She effortlessly chucked them to him and he caught the ring and called for someone behind the counter and they were handed off once more. "You know you spoil me, Jerry!" she laughed, leaning across the counter to give him a friendly hug as he chuckled.

"Gotta spoil someone, eh? And I see ya met one of my other favorite customers!" he mused, glancing past her to Desmond, at which point Lara smirked slightly.

If only you knew.

Dani quickly threw on her judge-y bitch face--pulled straight out of Mean Girls or pretty much any other movie where some girl disapprovingly looks down on another girl--and ran her eyes over Lara's very blue-collar get up, "Uh no." She pointed at Lara, her index finger drawing an invisible line up and down her outfit, "I'm not going anywhere with anyone dressed like that."

She and Desmond waited a few seconds to see Lara's reaction before Dani said with a laugh, "I'm just kidding. You're fine!" Desmond chuckled as well. Probably another one of those things that was just funny to long time friends even though most other people would find it lame or even dry.

"I'm all set though," Desmond nodded. He and Dani then followed her back out toward the open store. Even though Lara's clothes weren't exactly revealing, Desmond couldn't help but steal an extended look while she walked ahead of him. A smirk crept across his face that was quickly stopped by Dani elbowing him and shaking her head.

"What?" He said while they stood in line behind Lara.

"You know what. You're like a thirteen year old."

"Swear to God you've never done that to a guy."

"Well... I mean... that's different," Dani looked away.

"Exactly."

Their little back and forth was cut short when Desmond heard Jerry mention how he and Lara had just met. "Met? Jerry, she's the reason I haven't been in here for the past few months! I'm surprised she hasn't said anything about me," he smirked a bit. He was joking, but his statement wasn't too far from truth.

Lara was taken aback by Dani's abrupt change in facial expression and for almost a second concerned...but found relief sweep over her quickly as she let herself laugh along with them. "Jesus, had me scared for a second there," she admitted sheepishly with a shake of her head. She had the distinct feeling that she would catch on rather quickly with their style of joking...which wasn't all that different from the way she and Luke often ragged on each other. Speaking of Luke, he was going to freak out when she told him about her day in the near future...

She was blissfully oblivious to the eyes lingering below her waist as she and Jerry interacted, but upon hearing Desmond's response, she set her soon-to-be purchase on the counter, turned and leaned back against it, crossed her arms across her chest and tilted her head back to narrow her eyes at him teasingly. Before she had a chance to say anything, though, Jerry spoke up once more.

"Oh-ho-ho really now? You holdin' out on me Lara? Since when!" he exclaimed, nudging her shoulder and causing her to turn her head to glance back at him.

"I would never! How am I supposed to talk about someone I didn't actually meet until like ten minutes ago?" She turned back to Desmond and winked. "Indirect and extraordinary circumstance meetings don't count, thank you very much!"

"See how she treats me, Jerry? Three months in and she acts like it was nothing," Desmond teased sort of leaning past her to make eye contact with Jerry. He then smirked as his eyes landed back on Lara, "You should pay for my headlights. Y'know, since Jerry spoils you and all. I mean, it's the least you could do, right?" He winked at her.

Dani ran a hand through her hair as she silently browsed her phone, not really paying too much attention to the back-and-forth between Lara and Desmond. As far as she was concerned, they were bound to start talking about cars again eventually, and that was like trying to decipher multiple foreign languages at once for her. Fashion blogs, Pinterest, Facebook, whatever she needed to distract herself from the conversation. However, despite her gut telling her to keep it to herself, she held out her phone to Desmond, "Look what someone posted on your wall."

"What is it?" He asked as he grabbed the smartphone and pulled it a bit closer to his face.

"It says something about a new Mustang? I dunno. I figured it'd be important."

Desmond's face contorted into a look that just screamed foul, "Holy shit that's ugly. That really can't be the new design. It looks like a.." Desmond scratched the side of his head. "Lara, look at this. After you finish paying for my stuff."

Lara rolled her eyes and waved her hand dismissively. "God, guys get so clingy and dramatic about such trivial things!" she teased right back. Her jaw dropped in feigned shock, an equally phony indignant look crossing her expression. "Excuse me? If we're playing that game, then you should buy my headlights for all the testing hours you took away from me for three months!"

Jerry chuckled and shook his head between the two. "Do I even wanna know the hell's been goin' on between the two of you for three months?"

She childishly stuck her tongue out at the older man, temporarily oblivious to what Dani was showing Desmond from her phone. "Lots of chasing, that's what," she grinned a little mischievously. She certainly wasn't going to be the one to come out and say anything more. "Just ring up my headlights, wouldya please?" she batted her eyelashes before being distracted by hearing her name.

She turned to face Desmond once more, leaning her elbows against the counter and tilting her head to the side. "What am I looking at after you pay for my stuff?" she continued.

Dani spoke idly as she tried to get something out of her eye without messing up her makeup, "You probably should pay for his stuff, you're the one who got him fired." Shortly after she felt a very pointy bone hit her arm. Of course it was Desmond's elbow. "What was that for?" She looked at him confused. The look he was giving her answered her own question. "Oh, I said that out loud? My bad..."

"It's... fine," Desmond said with a slight shake of his head. His gaze then returned to Lara. "I was gonna show you this picture, but we can wait until we get to the restaurant." He strained a smile, trying to forget about what Dani had just mentioned.

He wasn't exactly distraught about losing his job, but it was still something he'd rather not think about if he didn't absolutely have to.

There it was again: that guilt pooling in the pit of her gut and permeating outward. She really did feel bad, even more-so after realizing that Desmond was, indeed, a good guy she could see herself being friends with...in the very least. She had been mostly joking about the payment, but as she turned and caught Jerry's eye, she grinned, winked and nodded as he just chuckled and shook his head.

"Damn, rub in the guilt, why don't ya?" she cringed, glancing between Dani and Desmond before handing a debit card off to the shop owner who not-so-subtly rang up both sets of lights and swiped it. "It better be a good picture. I'm all about the positive, y'know," she joked lightly, hoping to keep the subject matter light as she thanked Jerry again and slipped the card back into her wallet and pocket. Just as she did so, one of the other employees tossed the keys to her truck back to the older man who grinned cheekily.

"Here're your keys and your headlights, girly. Des, you better keep an eye on this one. She's trouble!" he teased, to which Lara stuck her tongue out at him and picked both up off of the counter. She turned back towards the entrance and the other two. "So! Should I follow you guys?"

"Hey, blame that on her. She has absolutely no filter," Desmond said staring at Dani, whom made sure to keep looking ahead in order to avoid eye contact with him. Desmond glanced over Lara's shoulder to look at Jerry for a brief moment before his eyes settled on hers. "I dunno if it's necessarily a good picture... I mean, you might like it. It's only slightly less attractive than the foxbody, so..." He smirked, mostly trying to make light of Dani's slip up.

When Jerry warned Desmond that Lara was trouble, a slight chuckle escaped his lips, "If you only knew."

Dani chimed in, responding to Lara, "We're parked a little bit away from here, but-- actually..." She looked up to Desmond with a grin, "How aboouuuut you go get your car and pull it around to here? 'Cause her truck is already here so--"

"Or she could just drive us to my car, y'know since her truck is already here."

"...that's also an option."

Lara laughed slightly. "Hey: those with no filters keep the rest of us in line, right?" She was hoping to make light her words as well, if she was completely honest. She did still feel guilty about the whole ordeal, no matter how many jokes she might make about it...although appreciated more than words his turn away from that conversation.

Her eyes rolled at the Fox body jab. "Keep hating on her all you want: she's still fast and she's still awesome...in my hands, anyway," she couldn't help but snicker before ignoring Desmond's comment to Jerry and returning her attention back to Dani.

She couldn't help but feel as if she had perhaps missed something in their conversation. Nonetheless, she shrugged the feeling away and nodded.

"Yeah, sure, I can drive you guys over there. I have the room - it's an old crew cab," she assured with a little grin. "Although I might make people who rag on my Fox ride in the back," she joked.

Desmond rolled his eyes at Lara, "Then we'll probably both end up in the back, 'cause Dani agrees that it's pretty ugly."

"What? I never said that..." Dani slipped in.

"Don't lie."

"Okay, maybe I just don't want to be cooped up in the back with you."

"Ouch." Desmond chuckled a bit before looking back to Lara, realizing that they'd been talking about her like she wasn't there, "I'll just let you two sit up front and have some girl time or whatever. Deal?"

Dani shrugged a bit, "Works for me." "Even though we probably have nothing in common..."

Lara found herself laughing at their conversation, taking no offense at being temporarily excluded from their exchange. She and Luke were no better. She couldn't count the number of times they had lost people that had been hanging around them due to their pretty typical bickering. It was a damn good thing his fiancee knew she was the farthest thing from a threat.

"I'm just messing with you guys, yeesh, sit where you want!" she laughed, stepping through the door first and holding it open long enough for the other two to join her. She continued to lead the way towards the old blue F250 that had certainly seen better days. It wasn't the prettiest, but it got the job done, as far as she was concerned. She unlocked the driver's side door and then the rest.

"Hop in and we'll get going. I'm starving!"

Desmond chuckled a bit when he really thought about it. He and Dani had that unique sort of relationship that would be really hard to understand without having experienced something like it. They were like best friends, annoyed siblings, something more, something less, somehow all of the above, and somehow none of the above, but they were pretty much fastened at the hip. Right now though, they were definitely being like annoyed siblings, which really showed when Dani reached for the passenger door of the old F250 and Desmond stopped her, "Uh uh, I changed my mind. You go in the back."

"What the f--" Dani sighed and threw her hands up, "Fine. Fine! You're like a little girl and a big baby all at the same time, you know that?" To which Desmond stuck his tongue out at her, and her response was an equally childish face before they both got into the old truck.

Desmond looked around the cabin of truck out of habit. It was pretty much just a truck, but he'd never been in it before, so he was curious. With a click of the seatbelt he pointed down the road a bit, "Yeah if you head that way, you'll see our cars." He looked at Lara with a grin, but his eyes lingered a little longer than they should have, "So..." he cleared his throat, "You're just all Ford all the time, huh?" He gestured to the truck, hoping to distract from his previous awkward stare.

Lara glanced up at Desmond's change of heart and poorly covered a laugh behind her hand at Dani's retort. She just shook her head and climbed into the driver's side, habitually slamming the door and pulling the seatbelt across her chest. She inserted the key and turned it a quarter, awaited the cut off of the light and then completed the turn as the diesel engine took only a little extra moment to turn over. By that point, she sat back in the worn leather seat and glanced at Desmond from the corner of her eye, noting that he had taken a little tour of the cabin.

Her own eyes followed a path around it. It was pretty typical: a little worn, a little scarred from her child years, but at least was kept pretty tidy. There were times she considered putting a little extra TLC into it, but it was a work truck. If she stopped funneling money into the Fox and into a fund for a newer truck, maybe she would think about fixing her up a bit...

She followed his point and nodded before pushing in the break, grasping the shifter and slipping it into reverse. "That way it is," she confirmed with a little grin of her own, glancing in her mirrors as she backed out of the spot. She couldn't help but feel his gaze on her and for a moment thought she might have just been imaging things, but as she glanced across him to the passenger side mirror, her eyes caught his for a moment and something in her stomach fluttered. She nearly shook her head to dismiss it. That was certainly something she hadn't felt in a while, a thought that threatened to make her cheeks warm. Jesus Christ, you're a grown woman, calm down.

She shifted into drive and carried on in the direction she had been pointed toward. She smirked a little at his question and shrugged innocently. "Hey: she runs, is reliable, and tows whatever I need her to tow. I have no complaints. And I mean what am I gonna get? A Tundra or something? Or worse...a Dodge?" her face scrunched in feigned disgust before she grinned and shrugged once more. "I guess it wasn't totally intentional on my part...it was my dad's truck and I funnel so much money into the 'Stang I haven't really thought about saving up for another one," she admitted a tad sheepishly. "Not like I don't like other brands and all...but you can't tell me the blue oval doesn't suit me! I mean, it matches my eyes!" She batted her eyelashes dramatically to emphasize the obvious joke.

Desmond smirked while she rattled on about not disliking other brands, which sort of turned into a, "Yeah. Uh huh. Sure," as she spoke. When she fluttered her eyelashes he chuckled. It was dorky, but somehow cute all at the same time. "Well..." he wouldn't admit that he was pretty much at a loss for words. "Wait, wait--" Desmond narrowed his eyes a bit, "You did not just suggest a Tundra like it was a bad thing. That's one of, if not the best truck on the market right now." He then shook his head, "Nevermind, nevermind. I won't argue with you. You just admitted to your eyes being blue ovals, so..."

With a bit of a chuckle, Desmond looked over his shoulder to see why Dani had been so quiet only to discover that her face was buried in her phone. He shook his head a bit and returned his gaze forward. "You know... even if she doesn't get that much TLC, she's your dad's truck. I say keep her around as long as you can." He then sort of stammered a bit, "N-not like I'm trying to tell you what to do or anything. I just feel like--well you get what I'm saying right?"

Dani looked up from her phone for a split second with narrowed eyes. As much as it seemed like she wasn't paying attention, it was hard for her to not take notice of the exchange between the two, especially Desmond's less-than-composed behavior. "By the way, kids," she said as they drew nearer to Dani's little boutique, "That's us up there on the right. The little green car and the one next to it."

As they drew nearer, he just knew that Lara was going to give him crap about the rear wing on his car. It wouldn't be the first time.

Lara couldn't help but laugh at his backpedal when she mentioned the Tundra. A broad grin remained upon her lips as she stuck her tongue out at him. "I knew that would get your boxers in a knot!" she declared victoriously. She was dancing in the dangerous territory between teasing and straight-up flirting...or perhaps she had let it escalate to flirting without even noticing. Either way, she was rather enjoying herself as they continued towards her passengers' cars.

She was admittedly a little surprised by his words, both the suggestion and his recovery from it, as though she might have been insulted or taken it personally. Her eyes shifted to his, her smile softening as she shrugged and nodded in agreement. "No, I know what you mean. A part of me really wants to get into restoring her at some point, y'know? Maybe I finally stash away to buy another hauler and then give this one the TLC she deserves..." Her eyes became somewhat glassy as she mentioned her plan aloud. It wasn't something she talked about a lot, but she had too many good memories in that truck with her father to count. She was relatively certain she wouldn't be able to ever completely get rid of it.

Luckily Dani's words dragged her from the ensuing reverie and she shook her head to clear the unintended slip of emotion. "Green bug it is," she confirmed, flicking on her blinker routinely as her gaze was brought to the one next to it that was, inevitably and obviously, Desmond's. She quirked a brow and yet another mischievous grin tugged at the corners of her lips. A neatly-tweezed brow arched high on her forehead as she pulled into an empty spot beside them. "Need some downforce, there?"

Back
Top Bottom