Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Something About My Secretary (Bass and Driven)

Jake smiled. "Bistro huh? Alright. Sounds good. My car or yours? Or should we meet there?" He asked curiously as he walked to the elevator with her. He didn't mean anything by this vacation. He saw her as a close friend, and had no possible idea that she wanted to be more. That many women in his company saw him as eye candy. He was utterly innocent at this area of life.

"We might as well share a ride, unless you're not returning to the office after the fact," she shrugged simply, forcing the thoughts from her mind. God knew what she would do if she let herself get too carried away. "We can take my car, if you'd like," she offered.

"Sure. We'll take your car." He said, pushing the button for the ground floor. He smiled slightly as the elevator stopped and they stepped into the parking garage. 'Alright. Where is it?" He asked curiously.

Tanya leaned back against the wall of the elevator, both hands in front of her on the handle of the briefcase as she quietly and comfortably watched the digital numbers above the door decrease. When he agreed to take her car, her smile became a tad sheepish as she opened the brief case and dug around to remove her keys. Once they were in her hands, she gestured for him to follow.

"Just over here!" she walked easily across the pavement to the right of the elevator and tapped the unlock button of the fob as they approached a dark blue 2010 V6 Mustang. Her slightly sheepish smile returned as she opened the driver door and set her briefcase in the back seat before taking a seat. She got herself settled before pushing in the clutch, sliding the shifter into neutral and starting the car. "Make yourself comfortable. Have free reign of the AC and radio, I'm not picky," she offered.

Jake slid into the passenger seat and pulled out his iPod and USB cable. He found an outlet and smiled. "You mind if I play some of my own music?" He asked as he flipped through his library of video game music. (Story of my life. XD)

He then settled on an instrumental song from Sonic Adventure 2, titled "Vengeance is Mine". He turned it on and began tapping his fingers against his leg to the music.

Tanya let the car warm up a bit before glancing at what Jake was doing with her radio. She smiled slightly to herself and shook her head. "Not at all, feel free." She held in a chuckle and settled for the mischievous little smirk that had settled upon her lips at his song choice.

After a few more seconds, she shifted into first and carefully pushed the clutch in once more to shift into first and head out onto the road to the restaurant she had suggested.

Jake started smiling and humming to the tune, and looked at her happily. "You know, I'm glad we could do this. We never see each other outside of the office." He said happily. He never knew how the other women at the office would seethe with jealousy when they would find out that he had lunch with Tanya.

Tanya discreetly bit the inside of her cheek at his words, taking a moment to glance back at him as she shifted into third gear and cruised slightly farther down the road. It certainly wasn't a long drive but it was enough out of the way of traffic that she could maintain good speed most of the way.

I would happily see you outside of the office...or inside the office, for that matter...so would most of us... She brought her focus back to the road, though, lest her eyes give away what was going through her head. Chances were word would have gotten out around the office quite quickly that she and the boss man had grabbed lunch together...God forbid any of them find out what they were going to be discussing. She dismissed the thought. She would deal with that later.

"It is pretty nice, isn't it?" she mused with a cheeky little grin. "You should grab lunch with me more often!" she paused and cleared her throat slightly. "Or any of us in the office, for that matter! We'd all like to hang out with our favorite boss!" She'd salvaged that correction...right?

Jake blushed at her comment. "I never would have guessed I was that popular among my subordinates..." He said softly. He smiled, however, and began to listen to "It Doesn't Matter" by Tony Harnell for Sonic Adventure 2. He began to softly sing along.

Well, I don't show off, don't criticize
I'm just livin' by my own feelings
And I won't give in, won't compromise
I just only have a steadfast heart of gold

I don't know why, I can't leave though it might be tough
But I ain't out of control, just livin' by my word
Don't ask me why, I don't need a reason
I got my way, my own way

He looked to be enjoying himself, and despite the quiet tone, he was an excellent singer.

Tanya laughed to herself. "Boss man, you have no idea," she mused rather quietly. She glanced to the left to check for oncoming traffic before pulling onto a side road that would lead directly to the bistro. It was as she had shifted into neutral and was coasting into the parking lot that she glanced back at her boss.

"So he sings too, huh?" she teased lightly as she parked the car and turned it off. With the shifter set in first gear and the emergency brake engaged, she grabbed her bag and keys and faced him with a playful wink. "Sounds pretty good!"

driven to drift said:
Tanya laughed to herself. "Boss man, you have no idea," she mused rather quietly. She glanced to the left to check for oncoming traffic before pulling onto a side road that would lead directly to the bistro. It was as she had shifted into neutral and was coasting into the parking lot that she glanced back at her boss.

"So he sings too, huh?" she teased lightly as she parked the car and turned it off. With the shifter set in first gear and the emergency brake engaged, she grabbed her bag and keys and faced him with a playful wink. "Sounds pretty good!"

Jake blushed. "Well, I've never sung in front of anyone before. I get nervous. I guess I trust you not to blab about it. Then I'd be getting requests and such." He explained softly. He smiled when they parked, and he stepped out of the car, stretching.

Tanya smiled slightly and rose from the car with bag in hand, closing the door and locking it before glancing back at Jake. "Well as long as I get to make a request every once in a while, I suppose I'll keep it quiet," she teased.

Jake blushed and nodded. "That seems fair...okay. I'll do it." He said, walking into the small, cozy little bistro.

She laughed slightly to herself as she walked alongside him into the bistro, informing the hostess that there would, indeed, be two of them and letting her lead them to a table in a corner by a window. It was a slightly more secluded area of the restaurant and quite honestly one of her favorite tables.

Jake sat down and the waiter walked up. "Hello. I'm Ryan, and I'll be your waiter today. What can I get you to drink?" The young man asked. "I'll have a diet coke, please." Jake said, smiling at Ryan.

Tanya took her own seat, rested her bag against the wall at her feet and then crossed her legs neatly beneath the table. She smiled in greeting at the waiter who did seem to recognize her from her previous visits and ordered her own drink. "A raspberry tea as usual for me, please." He nodded, smiled once more and disappeared back into the back. Her fingers idly played with the corner of the menus on the table. "So, Jake, how're things?" she grinned lightly.

Jake smiled at Tanya. "Pretty good. I'm thinking about getting the Xbox One or the PlayStation 4." He said happily. It was a pretty well known fact around the office that Jake was a hardcore gamer, and had even allowed them to be brought in for free time.

Tanya smiled and chuckled lightly as he spoke. It was, indeed, well-known fact and something she couldn't help but find rather adorable and endearing about him. "One or the other, huh? Not both?" she teased lightly and propped her chin on the heel of her palm with a grin.

Tanya laughed quietly and rested her chin atop her propped up and folded hands. "I recommend you treat yourself with both. You deserve it."

Tanya's brows rose and her lips parted in the faint "oh" of realization. She had forgotten again, still having a hard time believing that he actually wanted her to go along with him. "Uh, yeah right! I forgot!" she admitted sheepishly. "Yes, anyway...where were you interested in going?"

Well, I was thinking warm weather. Either the Mediterranean or the Carribean." He said smiling. He looked up as Ryan brought the drinks. After they ordered their food, he took a sip of his drink. "I think it could be fun and relaxing." He said cheerfully.

A glint flickered through Tanya's gaze and she batted her eyelashes dramatically with a dreamy sigh. "And warm. And sunny," she couldn't help but add. The nagging little voice in the back of her head, however, attempted to disturb the images of her sprawled out on a beach chair without a care in the world. Any type of tropical destination was rather romantic for a boss and his employee...

"Haven't really done much traveling so I certainly couldn't complain either way!"

Jake wasn't intending for it to be romantic, being as clueless as he was. He nodded. "We should have fun. Would you mind looking up the cruise? It'll all be on me, however." He said smiling as he ordered a burger, cooked medium well.

Back
Top Bottom