Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Something About My Secretary (Bass and Driven)

BassEXE

Supernova
Jake Blaze was currently in his office, typing away at the computer. Jake was a young man of twenty three years, and was rather handsome. He was six foot two exactly, and was slightly tanned and muscular. He had striking flame red hair that fell to the middle of his neck in the back, and attractive ice blue eyes. He currently wore a nice business suit, befitting of someone in his position.

Jake was the CEO and 75% Owner of Blaze Enterprises, a manufacturing and distribution company. Their slogan was: "If you need more than a handful, you aren't buying the Blaze." Yeah, it was unofficial, and he was thinking about getting a few people to create an official slogan. Blaze Enterprises made everything legal under the sun, barring foods. Started by his grandfather, Carson Blaze, passed down to his son, Richard Blaze, and now to him. He was the third generation.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. The Board meeting was coming up. He would be meeting with the five investors in his company. They were all stuck up. He hated dealing with them. He pressed a button on his office phone to call his secretary. "Hello?"

Tanya Harding sat at her desk outside of her boss's office, green eyes fixed intently to the computer screen in front of her and fingers tapping somewhat incessantly at the keyboard. Her posture was impeccable in her rolling desk chair, long, wavy black hair pulled up in a neat bun. She was dressed tastefully for work, as usual: red blouse tucked into a high-waisted pencil skirt that touched at the tops of her knees which was then finished off with a pair of modestly high black pumps. Being the CEO's secretary had her striving to make sure she always looked as pristine as possible.

Luckily, though, after her first week or so, there was no doubt around the office that she wasn't one of the best for her job. After that first week, it was a casual downhill stroll to being an easy friend around the building. No one had any complaints about her and she had realized that this was likely to be one of the best jobs she had over had. Her boss being eye candy was also a little extra perk she hadn't anticipated but definitely appreciated.

The twenty-two year old didn't so much as flinch when the phone sitting quietly on her desk sprang into life with a digital ring. She finished the sentence she had been typing and swooped the phone into her hand and to her ear in a well-practiced motion. Before she could even get a word out, she recognized the voice on the other end and her neatly painted red lip squirmed upward into a small smile.

"Hello, Mr. Blaze, what can I do for you?" Her eyes flit to the face of the watch inverted on her left hand and she suppressed a groan. It was almost time for the Board meeting, something neither of them had been looking forward to all week.

Jake smiled at hearing the voice of his trusty secretary Tanya. "I sense stress in your voice. You don't want to go to the meeting either, eh?" He asked, chuckling in a tone that would make any woman swoon, much to his obliviousness.

"Anyways, you finished editing my proposal, yes?" He asked kindly, turning around in his big chair, looking out his 7th floor window of the Blaze Enterprises building. It always made him feel important when he looked over the city.

"I need to make sure we are doing this right. As slimy as they are, we need to make sure our investors are on board." He added professionally.

Tanya found herself laughing quietly behind her other hand as she slouched back in her chair and carefully crossed her legs. There was a reason the man was a favorite topic of conversation amongst women in the office. Whenever she grabbed lunch with some of the other employees, they never failed to bring up how jealous they were of her close working quarters with him. She never let on just how much she did enjoy it, though...despite the little things she did here and there.

But that was beside the point.

"It never ceases to be a bit of a drag," she mused before shaking her head and picking a pen up from her desk and twirling it idly between her slender fingers. She nodded in response to his question. "I just have one more sentence to finish and then everything will be done, yes, sir," she confirmed. She glanced back at the computer screen as if to double check for herself. Indeed, the proposal was pulled up on screen in its final stages.

Her right foot bounced idly as she nodded in agreement, despite the phone conversation. "Yes, I will make sure everything goes perfectly, as usual," she assured with another little grin. "Like they could do anything but say yes to you, anyway," she teased lightly.

Jake smiled, hearing her laugh. "Did I say something funny?" He asked happily. He had no idea of how his female employees viewed him. He would definitely be flustered if they found him attractive, or some might say, sexy.

"I agree. And good work. I feel inclined to remind you your salary review is coming up. And I see a raise in your future if you keep up the good work. Hint hint." He teased, yet was serious at the same time. He valued her hard work, and he showed it.

"You think so? I'm easy to say yes to?" He asked sheepishly. Was he that charismatic?

Tanya rolled her eyes, an amused little grin upon her lips. "Oh, nothing. Just enjoying the fact that my boss doesn't even enjoy these board meetings, that's all." She couldn't recall any time in the past that she might have had such an easy-going superior. That in itself made him several times more attractive than he already was physically. Which could make things even more difficult all the same.

She bit the inside of her lip to keep from smudging the lip stick she had so carefully applied earlier in the day. "Well, I will have to keep that in mind. I could use a new pair of shoes that a salary increase could give me," she laughed...although quietly hoped he was serious. She would love to treat herself to a new pair of shoes...

The question nearly made her bite her tongue and swallow it. He had absolutely no idea of the things he could ask the ladies in his office to do without so much as a fight. She wasn't even sure he would do it if he did know! Instead of voicing anything of the type, she just smiled conspiratorially to herself and slouched back in her chair. "Well with a good secretary at your side to help you make the best presentation possible, of course!" she teased.

Jake smiled as he listened to her. "Of course. You take credit too." He said happily, looking at his watch. "Damn. ALmost time. I'm going to open up the conference room. Be sure to finalize the report, alright?" He asked, standing up and shutting off the speakerphone. He headed out of his office and began to walk towards the conference room.

Tanya laughed quietly and shook her head before straightening in her seat and uncrossing her legs at his words. No more casual chit-chat, back to business. "Your report will be finalized and in your hands shortly!" she confirmed before setting the phone back in its cradle and turning back to the computer screen with her hands poised at her keyboard. She skimmed through the last few sentences and, once satisfied with her changes, saved the copy, emailed one to Jake and then proceeded to send a copy to print.

Satisfied, she locked her computer, pushed back from the desk and stood. She straightened her skirt, picked up a file from her desktop and took up a quick, easy pace to the printer in her heels, the sway of her hips accentuated by the fitted style of the skirt. She greeted people as she passed and then picked up the printed copy and slipped it neatly into the folder before turning on her heel and heading in the direction of the conference room.

She arrived just after Jake had and smiled politely at him. No one else had arrived yet, to her delight. Every time she saw him in person, she couldn't help but admire just how great he looked in suits. Some men just...made the suit look good. "Hello again, Mr. Blaze. I emailed a copy of the proposal to you and I have a printed copy right here," she offered, extending the folder to him with a nod. "Anything else I can get you before the meeting starts?"

Jake smiled and unlocked the conference room, opening the door and turning on the lights. He brought up the projector, and looked at Tanya as she came in. "Thank you, Tanya." He said happily, taking the folder she slid to him. "So, you just came back from an off day? Was there something wrong? Sick? Sick family member?" He asked, trying to make small talk to bide the time until the investors arrived.

"Not a problem!" she offered, folding her hands neatly in front of her as she followed his movement around the room quietly. She smiled somewhat apologetically as her fingers twisted together absentmindedly. "Yeah, my mom was a little sick and I had to get her to the doctor's office, sorry about that," she explained with a little sigh. She wasn't one to miss work unless she actually got a day off or it was really necessary. Her mom had gotten quite ill, though, and she didn't want her going to see the doctor by herself. "She should be better soon, though," she assured with a little nod.

"Ah. Well that's okay. I'm fine with you missing a day, as long as it's important." He said smiling. He then noticed something. Was her blouse unbuttoned one button too many? He shook his head mentally and paid it not mind. One by one the investors arrived...

Tanya smiled lightly. "I appreciate that," her voice trailed off and she could have sworn that his attention had shifted - albeit briefly - a bit further downward than usual... When one of the investors arrived, she politely greeted him and stepped to the side, discreetly glancing down and realizing that she had forgotten to rebutton one she had loosened while she had been working at her computer. A thought flit through her mind that had her curious...had he actually noticed?

She couldn't help but smile to herself. That would be something, wouldn't it? Unfortunately, duty called first and foremost at the time, but that certainly didn't mean that she wouldn't toy with this idea of hers. Instead, she smiled and greeted the investors, offering to bring in a pitcher of water which one then requested. She ducked out of the room and while she filled a pitcher of filtered water she did glanced at the mirror across the room and decided to play with her "plan". She unbuttoned one more button of her blouse and checked her appearance. It didn't look particularly inappropriate, but she would have to be somewhat more careful when leaning over...

Lost in thought as she was, it took her a moment to realize that the pitcher had nearly overflowed and she swore quietly and halted the water flow before pouring a bit out and carrying the pitcher as well as some carefully stacked glasses back into the room. She neatly set the glasses out and poured water in each as requested before stepping back near Jake and off to the side to await whenever she might be needed next, the extra loose button forgotten.

Jake had by now, written off the undone button, and as the three men sat down in the conference room, He greeted them. "Mr. Shaw, Mr. Parks, and Miss Delano. Good to see you." He said calmly.

"Good to see you too, Mr. Blaze." Marion Delano said sweetly. Harold Shaw cleared his throat. "Let's chat after business is done. We want to know what you have planned for BE in the coming year. 2013 is almost over. We need to see a plan for 2014."

"Yes. Of course." Jake said, turning on a PowerPoint presentation. "Tanya, if you please." He said, gesturing towards the lights.

By this point in her life, Tanya was well-accustomed to keeping her expression impassive in the face of those she did business with. Despite the fact that she had a relatively strong distaste for most, if not all, of those present, her face still shown a small, polite smile that was ready and willing to help when needed. She would never let it show that she felt the sharp "save the chat for later" was unnecessary.

Instead, she smiled again and nodded lightly. "Yes, sir." She strolled effortlessly back to the light switch and flipped it down, casting the room in enough darkness to make the projector screen most prominent.

Jake then ran through his prediction of growth in the next year, and pitched the idea of establishing a headquarters in Japan.

THe pitch went well, and soon afterwards, the investors went on their way.

Jake sighed. "Selfish. Selfish. Selfish...bastards." He muttered angrily.

Tanya stood to the side quietly during his presentation, keeping a watchful eye between the meat of the presentation as well as gauging the reactions of the investors. Despite the usual nonsense, she knew it was being received well. Hopefully things stayed that way.

As they got up to leave, Tanya made her way to the door and held it open, offering a smile and farewell of one sort or another. Once they were gone, she let the door close behind her and immediately moved to collect the empty pitcher and mostly empty glasses. She paused, half bent across the table to reach a glass that had been pushed out a little beyond her ready and glanced up towards her boss with a small frown.

"Seems to always be the case," she shrugged, the extra loose button of her blouse separating further and giving a bit more than a glimpse of ample cleavage. "I suppose you can't expect too much from people who play with money for a living...if you don't mind me saying so," she mused. She watched what she said depending on her company, but Jake had never given her a reason to be too careful, at least not with the investors.

"No, I agree with you." Jake said, spinning his chair before accidentally locking eyes with her ample cleavage. He flushed a faint red before looking up at her eyes. "They treat wealth like a game. Sickens me. The amount of wealth we have is a responsibility." He said, standing up and pacing. "God, it's like every time i meet with those scumbags i want to tear my hair out!" He said, clearly irritated.

Tanya hesitated a moment. Had she seen that right? The tint to his cheeks told her she had, and it was then that she remembered the extra button...and an odd feeling swelled in her chest. Something akin to power, maybe pride, that she could catch her boss taking a peak down her shirt. Warmth pooled in her stomach: flattering. When he stood and began to pace, she straightened and her expression softened as she stepped his way.

"There's really nothing you can do about it, in the end," she sighed, setting a hand on his shoulder to hopefully convince him to stop pacing and squeezing lightly. "Conscientious guys like you just end up too stressed for your own good.." And I know a way to relax you... She shook her head to clear the thought.

Jake sighed when she squeezed his shoulder. "You're right. You're right. Like usual." He said softly and his shoulders relaxed. "I need to get some time off. Not now, but soon. I've been working so hard." He muttered. "Maybe a cruise..." He said softly.

(That's gonna be later, after the first encounter and they become a couple.)

The moment she felt his shoulders relax under her hand, Tanya felt a somewhat unusual surge of bravery and stepped behind him. Her other hand sat on his opposite shoulder as she began to lightly massage both sides. The move was almost entirely instinctual and something she was usually able to block at work. "Yes, I am right," she agreed with a light laugh. "And so are you. Seems to me like a cruise is just what the doctor ordered for you!" She tried to ignore the cut of the suit over the shape of his back and shoulders... "Besides, if you get some time off, that means I do too, right? And this girl could use a beach day or two," she joked.

Jake gasped in relief as she began to massage his shoulders. "Wow...that feels...gooooood...." He muttered.

"Would you be willing? To go with me, I mean?" He asked curiously, his legs feeling wobbly at the tension in his shoulders being released. He felt amazing. She was so good at this. Had she done this before?

His unmistakably positive reaction unwittingly fueled her resolve to continue. Boss or not, she hadn't had time to properly appreciate a man in months, and if she was going to do so - even discreetly - at least a man like Jack deserved it. And his soft gasp and muttering of approval sent a knee-weakening shot to the apex of her legs.

She almost hesitated at his question, her nimble fingers freezing for half a second before continuing to knead soothingly at the trapezius muscles between his neck and shoulders. "Me? Go on a cruise with you?" She repeated the question, eyebrows arched somewhat in surprise. "I can't say I would complain...but wouldn't you rather have someone else go with you?" The hint to the underlying question was rather obvious. She had never asked about his personal life, just assumed he either had a very loyal girlfriend or worked so much he hadn't had time... No better time to find out.

"Well, there's no one else in this room but us, so of course I'm asking you." He said smiling, turning around to face her. "You're a close friend of mine, Tanya. Only two years here and you've proven you can be trusted. As a secretary and a friend." He explained sweetly.

He then blushed and sighed. He walked a few steps away and opened the door, gesturing for her to follow him. WHen they arrived in his office, he sighed sadly. "It may come as a surprise to you,to anyone, male and female, that I have been single all my life. I wasn't seen as "desirable" in both high school and college. So no, I don't have anyone else to go with me. No siblings, parents are getting old, I don't want to go by myself." He explained gently, looking out the window.

Tanya let her hands slip from his shoulders as he turned and her chin tilted upward slightly to meet his gaze, being that even in heels she was a few inches shy of his height. Warmth spread through her chest and up her neck at his words, a faint dusting of pink creeping across her cheeks. "...it means a lot to me that you would say that," she murmured softly, her pulse quickening in the brief silence.

The moment he stepped away, she snapped back into reality and back into the realization that she was, in fact, at work. She felt flustered and somewhat ashamed that she had let herself get so caught up in her own hormonal issues...until he gestured for her to follow at the door. She nodded quietly and adjusted her blouse somewhat self consciously as she regained her poise and followed him to his office. She stood with her hands folded in front of her as he began to speak...and then a lead weight dropped into the pit of her stomach. She suddenly felt like a predator - she had no idea of his past or his current situation and yet she had toyed with the idea of...she shook her head slowly and moved to his side of the desk, carefully taking a seat on the edge with her hands in her lap.

"I had no idea, Jake..." He had successfully broken down her professional exterior, whether he had meant to or not. "I wouldn't want for you to go by yourself, either. And quite frankly, whoever you were around in high school and college clearly had less than half a brain." She opened her mouth to say more but immediately stopped herself. She was treading on fragile territory and coming out and saying she would have jumped at the chance to be even around him had she known him in the past might have taken it a bit too far...

Jake sighed and placed a hand on the window. "It's fine. It flatters me to hear you say that. It's just, sometimes I feel it's me vs. the world. And I'm on the losing side. I had to move past school dance after school dance, even the senior prom, with no one asking me to go with them. It hurts, quite frankly. To be rejected. And something is nagging at my mind. Am I only respected around here because of my wealth? Hell, it's not even mine. My father and grandfather built this empire. I'm just third in line." He said, self doubt issues bubbling up.

It seemed that Tanya's question about someone else to go with him, brought all of his self doubt, his sadness, negativity, all of that up to the surface. "I just...don't know if people really respect me, or just feel like it's an obligation." He added, his head hung low.

Back
Top Bottom