Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Tales of the Lost Island [nightsorceress and solitaryman]

Lillian shook her head "this isn't much of a life grant it's more like suriving, and you want to be more like my father, really so I should start digging your grave as well then, because that is all that is going to happen I am going to be forced to put another person in the ground." She didn't understand where her anger with him suddenly came from. She fine a second ago until she realized what him being here was really going to mean. She grabbed her fishing spear and left the tree house walking down the beach.

Grant watched her get her fishing spear and leave the tree house. He was surprised at the sudden burst of anger towards him. He knew he was also a survivor, but said nothing to make the situation any worse than it already was. He leaned on the railing as he watched her walk and soon disappear from his sight. He hoped that the walk would cool her down and bring her to her senses.

Lillian walked to her normal fishing spot but didn't fish she just stood on the shore looking out at the water. Watch the waves roll she stood there for many hours just in her own mind. She realized where her anger was coming from, the thought of being left alone again. She felt her fathers death all over again, all those feeling came rushing back. She cried standing there in the sand she cried like she did the day he died. She was now very afraid to get close to Grant for history to repeat itself. As night fell over the island she knew she had to go back to the tree house. She walked back without catching a fish. She slowly climbed the ladder and stood on the porch a moment making sure her tears had stopped falling before going into the house.

Grant got settled into his spot at the tree house while Lillian was gone. By the time she had returned he had fallen asleep, and did not hear her come up the ladder. He knew she had lived her long before he had arrived on the island. The cool breeze made it good sleeping weather, and he was sleeping quite peacefully.

She was relieved when she didn't see him when she went into the house. She did not want to talk. As she moved into the house she noticed he was sleeping. She set her spear down then went to her bedroom. She laid down on her bed and sighed as she closed her eyes

Grant woke up early in the morning, and stretched when he got up. He put on his gun belt, and checked on Lillian, to make sure she came back that night. He smiled when he saw her still asleep, and saw her belly button move up and down with each breath she took. He took his spyglass to the crow's nest with him, and looked about, then came back down into the tree house. He put on a pot of coffee from the supplies he was given from the ship, and then went out on the porch, and enjoyed the morning breeze.

Lillian slept through the night. The next morning her nose began to twitch at the smell of coffee. She had never smelled it before. She rose from her bed and followed the smell to the kitchen where she saw the strange pot on the stove. She watched it bubble and give off that smell

Grant came back into the main area of the tree house, and saw Lillian in the kitchen. "Good morning," he walked into the kitchen. "That is coffee," as he walked over to the pot, and took it off her stove. He brought in his coffee mug he always packed with him, poured some coffee into it. He smelled the aroma and took a sip, then offered the cup to her.

Lillian looked up sharply as he came back into the house she was not expecting him. "Good morning" she said as she watched pour and sip the coffee. When he handed the cup to her and stared into it looking at the strange black liquid. She then took a sip and looked wide eyed. "That is strong, and much different than water."

He nodded, "Yes it is, it is meant to help you wake up." He added some sugar, from a pouch he got from the ship, and stirred it into the coffee, "Try it now, it should be better tasting." He added the teaspoon of sugar after he had sipped some more of the coffee.

Lillian watched as he added the sugar "what did you add to it?" She questioned as she took the mug again and took another sip "your right that does taste better sweeter"

"It is a product called sugar, it makes things taste sweeter. The could be sugar cane on the island and we could make our own." He smiled as he watched Lillan taste the coffee, and was happy that she liked the taste. "I'm going to find some sage hen eggs, and we can have eggs for breakfast." He left the tree house to search for the eggs, remembering the spot he found some earlier and prepared them for the crew when they were camped on the beach.

Lillian took another sip of the coffee and she really did enjoy it. When he was gone though she felt kind of sad, she knew his supplies would run out and the he would be forced to live like she did, she sighed to herself and started to clean put he tree house.

Grant found a number of sage hen eggs from a coven of hens that had laid them, at the very same spot he had found them before. He gathered them in his hat and took them back to the tree house..."One dozen eggs coming up," he called out as he climbed up the ladder. Once inside he went to the kitchen and started to make them up some scrambled eggs. Grant was not worried about living like Lillian, he would make due.

Lillian came downstairs from the upper bedrooms she saw him cooking. She bit her lip a moment "Grant I am sorry I snapped at you like I did last night" she looked down "I am just afraid of loosing you too, first my mother, then my father, "

Grant smiled, "It's alright Lillian, I'm glad you're concerned about me...we'll make it, I know that." he continued cooking up scrambled eggs for him and Lillian. The smell of the food filled the kitchen and, when he was finished, divided the food onto two plates. He set the plates on the table, and looked at Lillian, "Time to eat."

Lillian looked up in shock when he was not angry with her. She slowly took a seat at the table waiting for him, she looked at the food and then back at him "um Grant can you tell me more about where you come from"

Grant sat down and started to eat, after he got them both a refill of coffee. "Your home town is called Bristol. Your father and mother had a small estate outside the town, where your father would come home to when he finished some exploration or work for the museum. It has a nice garden inside the compound, my place is a small apartment in Bristol...I was like a helper for your father and he taught me many good things."

Lillian bit her lip a moment "what's a museum?" She sipped her coffee she knew very little of the world her parents kept her knowledge restricted to survival .

"Its's a place where...well....let's say..." Grant never finished the sentence, "I really don't know how to answer that, Lillian, in a way that you would be able to understand." It was going to be hard for Grant to bridge the gap between where Lillian's parents and her had came from as a child, and what she knew, which was pretty much the island. Grant sipped on his coffee and then continued to eat. He was not trying to avoid answering her question, just figuring out a way to answer it that she would understand.

Lillian sighed "I am sorry grant I guess it's going to be really hard for us to understand each other, I don't remember anything before this island and you don't know how to explain it to me." She rose from the table and cleaned her plate

Grant sighed, she was right, but he would keep trying. He got from the table and brought his plate to clean it. He sat it down on the counter and massaged her shoulders softly, "We can still try Lillian, you'll teach me about the island, and we can work together. The understanding will come, I am sure."

Lillian took his plate and began to wash it along with the pans he used to cook with. She sort of jumped when she felt him rub her shoulders she was not expecting that, "yes I suppose we can try, maybe in time you figure out how to explain the world to me."

Grant smiled as he saw her jump, when he started to massage her shoulders, probably another thing she was not used to happening to her. "Fair enough, I'll have lots of time to think about it." After he finished he strapped on his pistol belt, checked the revolver to make sure it was loaded and put it back in his flapped holster. "I'm going to look about Lillian," he then got his shoulder pouch and put it over his left shoulder, and took along his Enfield rifle. He climbed down the ladder to the treehouse, looked about, and then started up one of the trails from the clearing.

Once he was gone Lillian finished the dishes and then went to the bed room and got a change of clothes. She needed a bath, so she took the clothes and climbed down the ladder and headed into the the jungle to the fresh water waterfall where she often bathed. Once she arrived she stripped her clothes and jumped into the water

Back
Top Bottom