Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Tales of the Lost Island [nightsorceress and solitaryman]

After breakfast was done, the Seawitch crew started to refill the water barrels with fresh water that had been boiled out on the ship. It was a slow process and it took all their men to do it. Meanwhile Grant headed to the tree house. He stood down below, "Lillian, it's Grant McClaine, let me know that you're alright and made it home safe." He was alone and waited to see what would happen.

Lillian was eating a Papya when she heard Grant calling to her. She set down her fruit and then went through the door to the porch she stood leaning on the railing. "Yes I made it home safely" she then thought a moment and then lowered the ladder "you can come up if you would like"

Grant saw Lillian come out on the porch, and admired her cleavage as well as her belly and belly button fully exposed. He saw her skirt lower than her hips, and her knife belt strapped on around her skirt. "I'd love to, thank you," he waited for the ladder to be lowered and then came up onto the porch. "Your father did quite a job on this," he looked around and then his eyes focused inside the front door, while he still stood out on the porch.

Lillian waited for him to climb up and then nodded "yes he did I have not had any problems it strong will be standing for a long time." She then walked back into the house motioning for him to follow. "Would you like so e fruit or some water"

Grant nodded as he looked around when he followed her inside, "Just like home," he remarked, as he saw everything that was handmade. He saw Liam's guns hanging on the wall, other than some personal effects from him and his mother, not much else from the Corinthian. "Id' like that, some papaya and water." he answered her. He sat down at the table and pulled out a letter. "I have this to show you Lillian, it's from your family attorney, J. Noble Daggett, and it concerns the family estate." He sat the envelope down on the table.

Lillian got the fruit and the water for him and then sat across the table from him. She looked truly puzzled "what's an attorney and what's an estate?" Living on island her parents had no need to teach her about such things

He watched her sit down across from him at the table. "Well," he paused while he sipped on the water, then took a bite of the fruit, "an attorney is someone who handles things for people, and an estate is like this house, although more things than that, land, things that someone buys, stuff like that." He paused as he thought out what he was going to say..."this letter is from a man who had done things for your father and mother and looked after your house and things after you sailed. These things are going to be sold or given away unless you come back to Bristol. You're the only living member of your family." He knew it was going to be hard for her to understand, since she was only five years old when they left and he knew she would have no remembrance that much of Bristol.

Lillian looked truly shocked now the idea of leaving the island freighten her. "What am I to do with a house I have a house, I mean I don't know how to live anywhere else, what if there is fresh water near the house, or wild fruits or vegetables collect or anything to hunt how would I eat" she had very little memory of her life before the island so she had no understanding of what the world was like off this island "and what if the tree the house is built in is. to strong enough I know this tree is plenty strong"

"This house is different than the tree house, it is built on the ground, and has many rooms. " Liam owned a small Victorian house on a small piece of land." He showed her a photo of the house and land. "This is where you and your parents lived before you came here." You don't have to hunt there, like here, they have places to buy things, called stores." He could tell that she was not going to leave the island and that Attorney Dagget would have to proceed on his own. "The Seawitch will be here for a couple of days yet, nobody is going to force you to leave if you don't wish to."

Lillian took the photo and looked at it. "If it's on the ground how do you the rain from flooding it and predators out." She looked up at him "what do mean by stores and buying things" she looked puzzled once again

Grant looked at her, "The house as a roof on it and it does not flood where it is built. The predators are kept out by a fence around the house, and there are not predators as you know them on the island. I don't how to explain a store to you, since you have been alone on this island you have not traded with anyone." Grant saw the more he tried to explain, the more puzzled she got. He knew she was not going to leave the island. "It's alright Lillian, you don't have to leave this place. I will tell the SeaWitch to set sail with the first tide after they replenish the water barrels."

Lillian sighed a little she could tell he was getting frustrated with her. She stood up from the table. "Oh so um you will be leaving soon then" she seemed almost sad like she was enjoying the company of him

Grant finished his fruit, and water, then stood up, as he looked at her, his eyes discreetly admiring her beauty, as well as her belly button. "The Sea Witch will be leaving, once I get my gear off the ship. I'll be sending a letter back to Lawyer Dagget, via Captain Jones, as well as Dr. Drager's journal. They will be leaving, I will be staying. I'm going to rebuild the ruined house we found, and stay here on this island." He turned and went to the ladder, climbed down, and then waved from the ground as he walked back to the beach.

Lillian was once again shocked by him when he said the seawitch was leaving but not him. She followed him down the ladder and to the beach "Grant wait, you don't want to stay on this island, life is not easy, and it gets lonely here."

Grant turned and looked at Lillian, "It won't be lonely anymore if I stay, you won't be lonely either. I missed the chance to go with your father before. I am not missing the chance to look out after you."

Within a day the beach camp had been packed up. A longboat came from the Sea Witch with Grant's belongings, as well as supplies for him to start out. He handed the captain the letter which contained his report to Lawyer J Noble Dagget. "Godspeed on your return captain." The captain nodded, and the longboat returned to the ship. Grant moved his belongings and supplies inland to the ruins. He returned to see the Sea Witch had already raised anchor and her sails barely on the horizon.

Lillian didn't know what to say to him when he explained himself she was not understand what he meant by looking after her. She has looked after herself for a while now she did not need him to look after her.

As he collected the stuff from the shipped she took to the captain he said they would be back through here in about 8 months in case grant wanted off the island. Once the shipped was leaving she looked to grant "well I can have you sleeping on the beach come on take one of the rooms in the tree house."

Grant looked at her, "I plan to rebuild the broken down house up near the fresh water shallows, live there. But until then, I would appreciate staying at the tree house until I get the place fixed up." He gathered his gear and supplies, and went to the tree house. He stored the supplies from the ship at the base of the tree and covered them with a tarp.

Lillian shook her head "there is a reason why that house is in ruins during the rainy season that land floods badly, if you want a place of your own I can help you build a tree house."

Grant thought and then nodded in agreement with Lillian, "You're right, would explain some things. We'll have to find a spot for a tree house then. I just don't want to crowd you, seeing you have been alone all these years."

Lillian shrugged her shoulders. "We can look for a tree but if you would like you can spend some time learning the island so you can choose the best location. You are welcome to stay with me as long as you would like"

Grant nodded, "Fair enough. Far as learning the island, it still worries me about another ship being around," he rubbed his chin as he looked out the direction the Sea Witch left from the tree house porch.

Lillian nodded "yes I hope they leave and never come back, but maybe we should stick together for a little while to make sure all is well." Lillian really just wanted him to stay with her she was getting lonely.

Grant nodded, "Let's hope that happens," speaking about the other ship leaving. He started to get more familiar with her tree house, and even took his spyglass up into the crow's nest to look about.

Lillian stood below the crows nest looking up at him. "So why did you want stay on the island I still don't understand, you seemed to have a life where you came from why give it up."

Grant finishing looking about, and came down out of the crows' nest. He looked at Lillian as he put away his spyglass. "It wasn't a life back there. I belong doing like your father, exploring, and making a difference like he did. This island intrigued me when I heard about it, and even more when I saw it up close." He leaned on the railing as he still looked at her, "I didn't give up anything, I belong out here, so here I am. Besides, we both can't say we're lonely anymore, can we?" He smiled wryly then walked back into the main area of the tree house.

Back
Top Bottom