Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Welcoming committee

Trygon

Supernova
Ever since ronin left, we've had newbies mostly being greeted by other newbies. This is unacceptable. I want to start an official welcoming committee, with colored names and the whole bit. I want volunteers and suggestions on permissions/colors for the group.

You can always do violet as the color for the name and I've been trying to greet more newbies lately. If you want I could always volunteer to help out Try.

I go out and greet them every so often. But I would rather not make it a pastime.

Maybe you can make it a step down from recruiter as far as permissions go. Slightly smaller inbox once pm limit is enforced, etc.

You're Welcome.
Maybe have the welcoming committee have access to moderating only the introduction threads. It would make sense so that if there's an issue the thread can be locked or modified. A global mod might not always be online if there is an issue to be dealt with.
I haven't really ever seen much of an issue in there, but you never know. Someone could post loli photos or cause issues like our Smegmatic man in trying to scare off new comers.

AkumaTsuki said:
You're Welcome.
Maybe have the welcoming committee have access to moderating only the introduction threads. It would make sense so that if there's an issue the thread can be locked or modified. A global mod might not always be online if there is an issue to be dealt with.
I haven't really ever seen much of an issue in there, but you never know. Someone could post loli photos or cause issues like our Smegmatic man in trying to scare off new comers.
Mm, and post authorization abilities, since most people's initial posts are there...

Good ideas. I may end up making the welcomers a step up from recruiters, actually - Hold to my idea of collecting future staff from the recruiter pool.

I completely forgot about the post authorization. That would be a smart idea. It's probably a little discouraging if it takes a long time for posts to appear, due to authorization, so maybe having a few with this ability would be smart.

Trygon said:
Mm, and post authorization abilities, since most people's initial posts are there...

Good ideas. I may end up making the welcomers a step up from recruiters, actually - Hold to my idea of collecting future staff from the recruiter pool.
Haha, I think Padan has that covered. I've only caught a few posts needing approval.

Ilovegoatse said:
Trygon said:

Haha, I think Padan has that covered. I've only caught a few posts needing approval.
I catch a few a day. Despite his best efforts, Padan can't be here 24/7

Personally, I'd suggest pink.

Violet may be a bit hard to read against the BM background.

Violet vs. Pink

Maybe that is just me tho.

Violet
It shows up just fine as a bolded title. Some males might not enjoy a pink title since I have a feeling this will be a co-ed endevour. Violet is at least more ambigous for touchy people.

AkumaTsuki said:
Violet
It shows up just fine as a bolded title. Some males might not enjoy a pink title since I have a feeling this will be a co-ed endevour. Violet is at least more ambigous for touchy people.

I don't agree. ;)

Besides, the whole 'pink' problem is kind of silly imo. xD

But I'm not planning to be a member of the welcoming commitee so I guess my opinion doesn't count for much.

I wouldn't mind stepping into the Welcoming Committee role, if you are still seeking applicants. I did it from time to time before, but I'm not against being more full-time about it.

Just let me know

I greet newcomers ocassionally. I'd like to help with the effort, despite my online frequency.

I think this would be a better job for me than Recruiting. I haven't had much luck. x.x I'll volunteer.

Okay, Penguin, sounds fair. I'll add you to the group as well. That'll give me my target amount of 3, and we'll wait and see if any more are needed.

Back
Top Bottom