Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Arcanist (Me and SHARPii)

I stood up as class ended, stretching from having sat in the same position so long. I reached out with my senses slightly and felt the energy of the light in the room. Stretching my arcane muscles, you might say. I also sensed the blistering summer heat outside. God I hate warm weather. I thought to myself. Even wearing a light t-shirt, loose jeans and pair of runners; I was feeling it as I stepped out of the school.

I better introduce myself before I go much further into the story. My name's Jacob Murphy; an eighteen-year old Australian living in Chicago. I stand about five foot eight, with dark hair that reaches down to around the middle of my back, bright blue eyes and, so I've been told, a handsome face. I like to think I've got a decent build. It may not be the bulky muscles of the Gridiron players (who all to often decided to get in my face. Until one decided to take a swing at me and ended up on the floor with my boot on his throat), but I'm not skinny either. It's the sort of build you'd expect to see on a professional gymnast or martial artist. I suppose I could also be considered well hung, tops out at around ten inches when hard, but I don't know (nor care) if size would really have any effect on the quality of sex. Oh, and I'm also a wizard.

Personally I prefer the term 'mage' after reading a rather... unusual chat log quote on bash.org. Now hear me out before you start giving me the weird looks. Magic exists and most everyone can use it, but very few people actually unlock that ability. Despite my rather limited arcane skills, mostly illusions and combat magic, I'm considered something of a prodigy; my body is able to handle far more magic coursing through it than most people, and how well a mage's body can take that is what determines how powerful they are. See; when you cast a spell, the energy for it has to go through your body at some point in the casting, the stronger the spell, the more punishment your body takes. It's not painful and it doesn't actually injure me since the human body temporarily cuts itself off from magic before any real damage is done.

Anyway, that's all you need to know about magic at the moment and that's not what this story really about (though there are a few points in the story where it's used, so the above info isn't a waste of time). This is about the most wonderful, incredible and beautiful woman I know. We'd been friends since I first moved to Chicago back when I was fourteen and had been going out since we were sixteen. She's kind, accepting, funny and is a damn good writer (rather well known for her work on the school paper). And the day this story starts was her 18th birthday. It was the middle of the week and we'd organised a proper party for the weekend, but I still wanted to make that day special for her.

She'd been dropping subtle hints at wanting to make love (something she'd held off on before now and I wasn't about to push her), I think. I'm not gonna lie; I can be dense sometimes, but I had a backup plan if I was wrong. She's the only person outside of my family (and who isn't a part of the city's arcane community) who knows about my talents and she'd remarked about how she wished that she could use magic. I'd tried to teach her, but it seems she's in the majority of people who can never use magic. But I'd been working on something that would give her at least some arcane power; not full magic, but enough for her to better understand it. It was going to be a surprise for her and would explain what I'd been doing in my lab lately (I'd been practising my potion-making as well, but since most potions need to simmer for several hours, I needed a way to fill in the time).

I waited for her by my car, we'd been living together for a few months now (with her parent's consent, of course) and I was used to her being a little slow to get away from class.

Her last class of the day was her free period, which knowing her, was always spent in the room that housed her well-known obsession; the school paper. Llewellyn Forbes had always been an English or Literature junkie and it was only more that she loved to write. Stepping into middle school, she found her first love; the school newspaper and worked her butt off to ensure a weekly spot for an article. Then as she approached high school, it was her goal to always make a front page article and she succeeded. It was only her junior year where she became the editor of her school newspaper, The Bugle and it was completely transformed, all for the better.

At an instant, she sat down at her computer and started working on her article. She had a deadline and she had been really badly procrastinating. It was the time of her birthday and her focus has been more on it and her boyfriend, than her priorities at The Bugle. Luckily for her, she was a speedy typist and knew what she had to write. The latest: Man of Steel; Seth Goldberg, featuring the school's legendary quarterback for the varsity football team. He was the one that always brought the team to glory and she managed to get him to agree to an interview, just as long as she promised to not include anything scandalous in there. Let's just say the star quarterback was anything but perfect.

Everything for the next week's edition was already put to place and ready to go. All she had to do was insert this article to the front page and then come Monday, she'd be able to print the newspaper and that week's edition would be out in the line of fire. If anything, she was as hard as a rock about criticism and always passed the bad ones out. She didn't care what people thought. It was her newspaper with some good writers on board and a few incredibly talented photographers and with that team work, a beautiful newspaper was born. It'd make any editor reach for a Kleenex to know they did a job well done.

Once everything was all said and done and saved, she cleaned up the place, grabbing her bag too and every time she inched towards the door, she always remembered there was something more she had to do to close up. It only made her boyfriend have to wait longer, which she hated. It wasn't kind to make someone wait. Finally managing to lock up, Llew made her way to the exit but was soon bombarded by friends who remembered her birthday. Balloons and a few gifts, even a homemade cake were shoved into her hands, and she was given tons of hugs and air kisses, as well as congratulations. She felt like she was on display. She wasn't one for the public spotlight.

Feeling quite embarrassed, she made her way out of the school and towards the parking lot, seeing Jacob waiting for her. She had a small frown on her face, mostly from being bombarded by her friends and her face was perhaps as red as a tomato. She was this wild and crazy young girl but the public spotlight wasn't her friend. She didn't open up to just anybody. She was always shy at first and then the more she got to know a person, she unleashed her true colors; a true weirdo. Her black wavy hair, tied up in a messy ponytail seemed to stick to her skin in this hot weather. It was hot, disgustingly hot. Which meant she had to wear tank tops and shorts just to stay comfortable. Sometimes she felt like every other blonde bimbo at her school; ew.

"I've been attacked. Embarrassed; congratulated. Remind me why we're having a party this weekend?" She asked him, having approaching him, being able to barely hold all the things in her hands; balloons, gifts and a cake. Sweet, but a bit much, yeah?

She remembered the first day she met Jacob. And now, good friends who were dating and were so gung-ho about each other. She knew everything about him, envied him too but never let that envy turn to jealousy which would turn into hate. His abilities were beyond amazing and true, she wished she could have that power too or be able to wield it but it was enough to know she was with someone who could do that. It's like a fantasy come true.

If anything though, he helped her to come out of her shell and really charge for her aspirations. All it took a little nudge. He was the nudge to her shied-out aspirations.

Well that's one benefit of a real scorcher of a day; being able to see the sexiest woman in my life in minimalist clothing. I thought to myself as I saw Llew coming towards the car, laden with birthday gifts and a cake.

"Because if we don't have the party, Sam's gonna keep pestering us until we do," I said as I started helping her load her gifts into the car. Huh; I thought Jess was lying about getting her a cake. "You know how she is; 'a birthday isn't a birthday without a party' and all that. I'm just glad she doesn't know about my talents or she'd try and talk me into creating a fireworks display or something equally over-the-top." With the last of her presents in the car, I put my arms around her waist.

"Besides, we can worry about that tomorrow; today's your day and we'll do whatever you want." I kissed her to emphasise my point (and because who wouldn't enjoy kissing a girl like her?). "Anyway, let's go; I have my own present for you back home and I don't want to leave that cake in a hot car any longer than I have to. And I'm sure you want to get out of this heat as much as me."

If she could, she'd wear pants instead of shorts but because of the heat, it'd eventually cling and it just feels so gross. Thank god though she did look good enough in a tank top and shorts and didn't look horrendous. Not that she cared but she'd never step out of the house if she didn't look presentable.

A small laugh came from her. "Fine, but if she turns my birthday into a circus and actually gets clowns, I have every right to grab my favorite kitchen knife and kill her. Clowns are just scary." She explained, her almond shaped hazel eyes going as wide as possible. One wouldn't think that could be possible for them to get any bigger since they already were so big but what do you know? Wrapping her arms around his neck, she smiled gently.

Today was her day. But she didn't know what she wanted to do. She just wanted to hang with him and not really go home. She was sure if she did, her step-dad would kidnap her, tie her down to the chair and her mother would bring out a huge birthday cake and force her to be there to listen to them try and sing 'Happy Birthday' oh so grandly. All the while, her older brother was there, taping it and planning to put it on his 'Youtube Channel,' titling it My little sister's demise because she'd just die of embarrassment afterward. Same thing every year and she was doing what she could to avoid it. They thought it was sweet. But it was the exact thing that'd kill her. You'd think she'd enjoy being adored on her birthday, she would but not when her brother tortured her and put her demise for the public to see. Brothers and their torturing their little sister.

When he kissed her, fireworks and everything that made things click happened, like it always happened. Pulling back, her eyes brightened up at him mentioned he had a present for her. Her mind could only wander to a thousand possibilities and she honestly hoped that it'd turn out to be one of the things she really wanted.

"If she did that; I think I'd help." I said as I got into the car.

"Oh, I spoke to your mum at lunch and I think I managed to convince her to spare you from their usual birthday routine. They're probably just leaving it til one afternoon next week, but at least we won't have to worry about them coming round today so I won't need to lock Bast in the lab."

Bast is a feline homunculus my dad gave us as a house-warming present. He's about the size of a golden retriever, but looks more like a panther made out of liquid metal with a couple of green orbs for eyes. In reality though; his skin is microscopically-fine chainmail, the sort you could only make with nanotechnology or by being able to reshape matter itself (dad used the latter of course). Personality-wise; Bast's the same as any cat - unbelievably lazy. At least he doesn't need to eat or I'm sure he'd be a real glutton too. Normally, Bast can turn himself invisible if we have guests over, but if there are enough people, I need to hide him away in my lab so that no-one'll bump into him. A big, magic-powered, robotic cat isn't exactly easy to explain, after all. He's partly a pet, but mainly a security system for the house; he's cheaper than an alarm in any case. And how many people are going to believe a burglar saying he got chased off by a metal cat?

"How a homunculus can be that surly for sitting in a basement for a while, I don't know."

Getting into the car, Llew buckled up and she looked over to him, sighing quietly. "See, it's not so much the being tied down and forced to listen to them singing 'Happy Birthday' like some opera or big musical that bothers and embarrasses me. It's my idiot brother, Sypher, that always video tapes it and I end up finding it on Youtube. And that's not the worst part. There's usually a hundred comments from his even more idiotic friends, that I know. He turns my birthday into a nightmare." She frowned, looking over to him.

"While they won't do it today, they'll still do it and Sypher will still put it online. Why do big brothers have to be so mean?" She pouted, resting her head on his shoulder. It was times like these that she was more than thankful that she already moved out and was living a more peaceful life with her beloved boyfriend. And a lot less embarrassing life. Family. Can't live with them, can't live without them.

"Aww, maybe Bast has the best patience possible. Have I mentioned how adorable he is? For a robot, I mean." She added that with a small little grin. But she did find Bast to be incredibly spectacular. Why wouldn't she? He wasn't real. He was a robot. If the government learned how to make one, the entire world would soon have their very own hired help. Although that would and maybe lead to robots taking over the world and if that happened, it'd land her the breakthrough of her journalistic career!

"You know if robots took over the world , and if I was the first to get the scoop, before the human race would be annihilated, I'll land myself the biggest breakthrough of my career!" You'd think she'd more focused on the fact that the humans would be taken over, but she wasn't. Or at least that's not where her mind went first. It's interesting how her brain works. Moving from Bast, to robotic conquest to her major breakthrough. Random.

I put an arm around her shoulders as she started leaning on me. "I'd have tried to talk him out of that, but he wasn't answering his phone. Failing that, his camera can always have small... 'technical difficulties'." One of the benefits of evocation is that it's the manipulation of energy; like, say, the light passing through a camera lens. Easy enough to convert it into heat emanating from somewhere else or a bit of noise that no-one'll notice.

I laughed at her mention of a career breakthrough in the event of a robot uprising. "It'd be a pretty short career afterwards though. Incidentally, don't go referring to magical constructs as robots to my dad; he may seem like a loon, but he's a real stickler for proper terminology and you don't want to sit through one of his 'homunculi aren't robots' rants; you'll want to tear your ears off just to shut him up. Though he doesn't complain if you call the canine ones 'tin dogs'. Probably because of that episode of Doctor Who where they re-introduced K-9."

It wasn't long before we got back and was glad that I didn't have to use my hands to open the door from the garage to the house. It's not automated, I just use a bit of evocation; which is a lot easier than trying to juggle presents and a cake while trying to turn a doorknob.

"Bast, we're back." I called out, to let the lazy sod know that he didn't have to keep himself hidden. He faded into view, lying next to the couch looking over at us, before letting out a disinterested snort (an impressive feat for someone without lungs... or nostrils) and dropped his head back onto his paws, staring off into space again. Or watching dust mites; who knows what goes through a cat's mind when they're not wanting food?

"You think I should put this cake in the fridge, or do you think it'll be right to leave on the kitchen bench?" I asked as I walked over to turn the air conditioning on. It was a home-made system that used evocation magic to draw heat out of the air and turn into light. Saves on both electricity and light bulbs at the same time. Shame it doesn't work as a heater in winter, but we've got a fireplace for that. You also don't have to wait five minutes or so for the room to cool down; drops to the temperature you want right-away. 23 Celsius, in this case (the display only shows Celsius and I can't be bothered to add a Fahrenheit display since I still don't have a feel for the measure; I know 23C is about 73F, but that's about it).

"Oh if you could break his camera and ruin any chance of him getting his hands on another one, I'd be forever indebted to you and I will be the most happiest girlfriend possible. The humiliation on my birthday would stop and I could actually enjoy my birhtday! Thank you!" She threw her hands up in relief and sat back, enjoying the rest of the car ride home.

"Darn. And here I was about to go to your place and tell your dad that I really love his work with robots. It would have been a cherry on top of a fantastic day." She said sarcastically. Oh she'd never do that. She was actually very impressed with his father's work. If she was ever such a tech-whiz, she'd definitely want his father to be her mentor.

Once home, Llew was once again amazed at how their house worked. It was so magical. "Wow. I tell you. I've been living with you for a while and I don't think I will ever stop finding that amazing." Then again, it never really did take much to wow her since she had such a large appreciation for everything already. That and she was easily amused. Getting out of the car, she helped with carrying her party favors and gifts inside as well as her school bag and smiled at Bast. "Hi Bast." She smiled gently, putting her things down and going to him, giving him a warm greeting like always. It was up to him whether or not he'd accept it.

Looking over to Jacob, she moved to him and then looked at the cake, of course after he changed the temperature. "Well...it'd make sense to put it in the fridge. You know me and cake. It's golden and I'd hate for it to go bad." She said softly. Taking it, she went to the fridge and put it in there. Moving to her boyfriend, she looked at him and put her hand on his chest. "Thank you." She always said thank you. He did so much. She felt like she never said enough and she always and truly meant it.

"Well I was only planning to sabotage any attempts at recording he made, but if you want the camera itself taken care of; I think I can arrange that."

Bast returned her greeting, nuzzling against her before going back to lounging. Bast's affection was genuine; most of his mental patterns having been recorded from a real cat (a small crystal attached to the collar for a week was all it took; that crystal now sat somewhere in Bast's head). Despite that, he was built primarily for combat; razor-sharp claws, big teeth and a stronger jaw than any animal of his size. Dad was contracted to the Watchers; a sort of arcane police force who sometimes need golums or homunculi to take down some of the nastier mages that think bending reality lets them do whatever they want. Homunculi like Bast are often used the same way attack dogs might be used.

When she put her hand on my chest and thanked me, I put my arms around her and pulled her close. "You don't have to thank me; I like making you happy." I kissed her, holding her close for a few long moments before remembering about her present. It can wait for now. I thought to myself, just enjoying the moment.

She knew it! Bast did like her. She adored the little guy. Always treated him with love and therefore got a good reaction and response from him, especially since he was a toughie. "Hey, whatever stops him from video taping my demise, works. So kill his camera. Please." She nodded, her eyes having gone wide again. Every time that happened, it always meant that she really meant what she was saying.

Her hands rested on his chest, even when he pulled her to him, only to soon wrap her arms loosely around his neck. Smiling gently, she kissed him back tenderly, closing her eyes and melting into it, like always. She always melted in his arms when they kissed. It only meant he was a good kisser and yes, that was true. He was an excellent kisser. Their kisses, made her heart beat fast, so fast that she needed his support since all feeling in her body left. His kisses were powerful and it made her wonder if he used some kind of power or magic over her.

Pulling away slowly--mostly for air--her eyes opened and she pressed her forehead to his. "It's not just that. You do so much for me. Sometimes I wonder if I ever do enough for you, if I make you happy. I'd die if I didn't." He was a major part of her life now, had been since they started dating and if he wasn't happy, neither was she. If she couldn't make him happy, she felt like a failure.

"You don't have to do anything. I know it sounds cliché, but just knowing you're happy's enough for me. Now; I have a present for you so get comfy and I'll be right back with it."

With that, I walked over to what looked like a blank part of the wall just outside the kitchen and mumbled a phrase in faux-latin. The veil I had set up over the entrance to my lab faded away and I was looking at the heavy steel door that Dad had helped me set up. There were an incredible number of rivets in seemingly random patterns across the surface, but very few of them were for structural stability.

They were part of the security system; eight of the rivets had to be touched in a specific sequence to actually open the door; touch the wrong rivet or one in the wrong order and you'll be knocked out by one hell of an electrical shock. I quickly entered the sequence and the door slid to the side, letting me drop down into my lab via a metal ladder.

I'm sure Llew could hear me stumbling around looking for the key to her present's lockbox, only to drop it under one of the tables. Eventually, I climbed back out of the lab with it in hand.

It was a gold bracelet with four groups of five diamonds spaced evenly around it. They weren't overly large, but it had cost me a fair bit. Engraved between two of the groups in flowing script was (I admit, it's a little cliché) "J&L". I'd also spend the better part of the last two weeks enchanting it and had to be my finest work.

"Happy birthday, Llew."

His words touched her heart. He always made her feel so good, even with the simplest of words. Perhaps it was because they were so in love and the words were coming from him. Everything sweet he always said made her feel amazing. Like she too was special.

Nodding, she moved over to the couch and petted Bast again. "How are you doing Bast? You happy? You okay? Do you love me?" She asked in a cute playful voice, petting him. Even though he was oh so robotic, he could feel. Sitting back, she crossed a leg over the other and put her hands up behind her head and closed her eyes. If she could ever think of a time that she wasn't extremely happy, she really couldn't remember. Her entire social life was honest to god true hell but then she met Jacob and even though at first she only saw him as a friend, he was the one friend she could always go to. He became the ultimate best friend, a thing she lacked in the harsh world and reality of high school.

The sound of something dropping on the floor caused her to come back into reality and her eyes open. Every time she did close her eyes, she always ended up reminiscing on the good. Perks of being a really positive person; not a negative thought seemed to come to mind or even tempt to enter her mind. Not now. She had been on cloud nine for such a long time, she may have ended up on cloud infinity.

Watching him come back, she looked at the gift in his hands and opened it. She loved presents. The best part of a birthday; well that and the cake. Okay the cake was number one and then gifts. It's a wonder why she isn't pushing 200 yet. Discovering to see the bracelet, she smiled gently, putting a hand to her heart. It was gorgeous. It must have cost a fortune. Turning to see the engraving, she smiled brightly and stared at it for the longest time before looking at him. "I love it. Thank you." She was truly touched. She hugged him, her hands then gently moving around his cheeks as she kissed him lovingly. Pulling back, she looked back down at the bracelet. "It must have cost you a fortune. You really shouldn't have..." Not that she didn't appreciate it. She just didn't think she worth such beautifully expensive gifts; birthday or not.

Bast purred at the attention from Llew. Despite treating me and dad with bored disinterest, he would often sit next to Llew or nuzzle her.

Her reaction had been what I was hoping for (would've really ruined the birthday if she didn't like it). "Considering who it was for, I think the price was right. But it's not just a piece of jewellery; I made a few... after-market modifications. Put it on and press down on the engraving."

I'd made the engraving work as a sort of 'on' switch; once the bracelet was activated, it would hover slightly away from her wrist (a little like how Saturn's rings are around it) and all of the diamonds would turn to a deep blue colour.

"I know how much you want to use magic, so designed this to let you do so. It's limited to evocation magic; you know, converting energy from one form into another. Those diamonds tell you how much longer before the bracelet automatically switches off to avoid damage. Remember how when I was trying to teach you magic and we found out that your body just won't let energy in for a spell? Well this gets around that small problem; instead of the energy going through your body, it goes through the bracelet. Hold on." I quickly gestured and one of the cabinets in the kitchen opened and a candle flew out and came to a rest on the dinner table.

"Just relax your mind, like I taught you to and you should feel the light in the room, like pinpricks on your skin. Imagine a hand grabbing it and taking it over to the wick of the candle. Then imagine that trapped light getting warmer and warmer, until it feels like fire, then release it."

When he explained the true purpose of this bracelet, she was more than intrigued. Llew always dreamed to be able to wield power like he was able to and he tried to teach her but it was useless since her body didn't allow her to do that. They tried and tried and weren't able to achieve it and it turns out, she didn't have the capability of letting energy in for a spell. But if what he was saying was true and this bracelet was going to help, she was ecstatic. This may even be better than what she was trying to get him to do, which was her. It sounds skanky when put like that but she thought it'd be romantic as hell and that they were ready. It's not a sin. It's love.

"Oh my god..." She looked down at the bracelet, now on her wrist. Pressing down gently on the engraving, she watched as the bracelet came to life. It started to hover around her wrist and the diamonds turned a deep blue color; it was most mesmerizing. "Ooh...pretty..." If anything, she was easily amused and the fact that this bracelet could hover around her wrist and the diamonds turned blue, it was heaven for her. She couldn't stop smiling.

As he explained how the bracelet worked and why he designed it, she then watched as he brought out a candle. it was so awesome to see how he could bring things to them without even having to get up. She always envied it but never was jealous. She'd never allow herself to get jealous that he could do things she couldn't possibly imagined. If anything, she'd know she'd always be amused for however long they were to be together.

Nodding, she held a hand up, focusing her energy to light that candle. She could soon feel the light in within her grasp, they dancing on her fingertips, the actual electricity of it all surging through her body. It felt amazing. Like suddenly she knew how it must have felt for him to have so much power within his reach. "Woah..." Concentrating, she channeled the light towards the wick of the candle and in an insta-second, it was lit. The fact that she did that, her eyes widened and she smiled brightly. She looked at him, to see if he ended up lighting it to make her feel like she did it but she knew deep within that that wasn't the case. Llew was able to feel the energy seeping out of her fingertips and towards the candle wick.

"That's freaking amazing..." She simply stared at the candle, beyond amazed; beyond amused.

Seeing the candle flare to life, I gave a triumphant laugh, hugging Llew and kissing her cheek. "I knew you could do it. And you did better than me when Dad had me try that. Granted, I was seven and he was an idiot for putting the candle that close to the kitchen curtains, but when I did it I must've made a fireball the size of a baseball. But you didn't have any wasted energy there; that's incredible! That and I was kind of worried it wouldn't work; haven't been able to really test it. Now take a look at the bracelet."

One of the diamonds had started to change colour and was now a deep bluish-purple. "Those diamonds indicate how long before the bracelet cuts itself off from magic to avoid damage; similar to how my body would cut itself off if I used too much magic in short period of time. It'll rotate so that whichever group of diamonds are at the front of the display will be facing you and when all the diamonds are bright-red; it'll switch itself off. So; you want to keep practising with it, open your other presents, start on the cake, or something else? The day is yours and you decide how we're going to spend it."

Llew couldn't help but laugh when he mentioned his experience at the age of seven. She had to admit, it was quite funny and she could only imagine an adorable seven year old Jacob setting the kitchen curtains on fire. Such a cute sight really. A parent can't truly get mad at their childen, especially when they're under ten. They don't know better and are oh so innocent. Looking down at her bracelet, she saw one of the diamonds change a color. It intrigued her more plus the color of it was beautiful. She was a sucker for pretty colors.

As he explained the colors and the lengths she could go to use it and when she'd have to stop especially for it to regenerate or something. But she simply pressed down on the engraving, not feeling like draining herself just for magic use. If anything, she didn't want to abuse a gift. Looking at him, she smiled gently, biting her lower lip. "Well, there's something else but--" She looked down, so much shyness suddenly coming over her. She wanted things to be more intimate with them but she wasn't about to force anything on him. It'd be embarrassing to throw herself at him only to be rejected. Worst birthday ever.

I figured she'd get a laugh out of my first try at evocation, me and mum still use it to poke fun at Dad for putting the candle where he did.

The way she suddenly stopped mid-sentence and her apparent shyness was a little worrying since she never acted like this when it was just the two of us. I pulled her closer. "'But...' what? You know you we can do anything you want. Unless you ask me to put on a dress and dance, because I draw the line there." I was hoping a joke might lighten her up enough to tell me what she obviously wanted to. And that she wouldn't notice I'd stolen the joke from Dragon Age: Origins.

She couldn't help but laugh during his joke. It was funny and while she did actually hope he would still wear the dress anyways, perhaps she'd try that one later. Then again, all he did was put an idea in her head that she'd see to in the near future.

It's not like she wanted to do it almost immediately. She just wanted him to know that she open to it and that if ever he wanted to do it too, he didn't have to ask because she was ready. She had been dropping hints for a while and prayed to god that he was getting them and understanding them. "Well...you know..." She made that look of implying sex, hoping that he'd get it. She was just a little shy of being so forward about it.

"Are we talking 'Well, you know...' as in something obscure, or 'Well, you know...' as in 'Nudge Nudge, Wink Wink'?"

Probably wasn't the best euphemism I could've used, but the sketch was still fresh in my mind. I figured she was talking about sex, but I wanted to be sure. Besides; where's the fun in just coming right out and saying it?

Yes, I know; I can be evil sometimes.

She gave him a light glare, mostly playful and then pushed her hand into his face, standing up and pushing away from him. She went to the fridge and took out her cake. The mood and want for it was gone now, not that she expecting them to do it right then and there but suddenly she didn't want to talk about it.

Don't get me wrong. Llew adored his humor. Just not at every moment. There some times when she wanted...not seriousness but not the moment to turn into something to laugh about. Sex was not something to laugh about. Women got pregnant if they weren't safe and that right there, was so not a laughing matter.

Unwrapping the saran wrap off of her cake, she ran her finger over the plastic to get some of the frosting off. Putting her finger to her mouth, the sweetness of the chocolate and pink frosting mixed together took over. It was completely delicious and she only wondered what kind of a cake it was. If Jess truly knew her well, then maybe it'd be a delicious and creamy double layered yellow cake with frosting in between the layer. Oh Jess made the best ones too! So orgasmic!

Oh crap. I thought to myself. I should've known she'd want me to be somewhat serious about it, but there I went with a bloody Monty Python quote of all things.

I stood up and went into the kitchen after her to find her indulging her sweet tooth. "Llew; I'm sorry about that. I shouldn't have treated it as a laughing matter; I let my mouth get ahead of my brain and... I'm sorry." I hated upsetting her and even though that glare she'd given me had seemed mostly playful, it was still enough to tell me that I'd screwed up. I placed a hand on her shoulder before continuing. "I know what you were asking about and... we can whenever you want. If you're sure you're ready."

She just looked down at the frosting on the saran wrap, running her finger along it to take in the frosting. She didn't look at him yet until his hand touched her shoulder and she suddenly felt and understood what she wanted to get across. Turning to look at him, she put the tip of her finger in her mouth and sucked on the frosting, nodding. "I am ready." She said, after taking her finger out, now relaxing and softening up in her exterior. "I just wanted you to know. Maybe...you know, it'd be romantic as hell if we---on my birthday--at night." It wasn't her birthday yet. It was over the weekend and no gift could top she and Jacob coming closer together than ever.

"That does sound romantic as hell." I said, smiling at how she was softening up. "Whenever you want, just let me know." I leant in and kissed her deeply (careful not to make her drop the cake), wanting her to know that I loved her and would do anything for her.

"I've got protection sorted as well, if you were worried about that; there's some contraceptive potions down in the lab I made recently. I was picking up on those hints you've been dropping lately; I'm not completely dense after all. Well... not all the time at least. Also, remind me to thank Jess for that cake; she really outdid herself on the icing." I'd let Llew work out just how I'd tasted it.

Llew smiled gently and she kissed him back deeply, she putting down the cake on the counter, turning her body completely into his. Pulling back slowly, she nodded about the protection. That was good since she had just gotten on the pill but the doctor said it'd take some time for it to kick in. she was taking it everday at exactly 8 AM, not a minute behind, or late. She was very punctual about some things.

She laughed a little bit though, kissing him again. "Well it's good to know that my efforts hadn't gone to waste." She smiled gently, resting her hand on his chest. Though when he mentioned about the cake, she raised a brow. HE didn't just taste it. She would have seen. "Uh...how would you know?" she asked, very curious and suspicious even.

"You still had a bit of icing on your lips before." I smiled as I answered. I was a little surprised she hadn't worked that out considering I'd kissed her moments after she put some in her mouth.

"Now that you've got it out, would the birthday girl like to start gorging herself on cake? I'd be happy to help you work through it." Llew's not the only one in the house with a sweet-tooth. At least we didn't have to worry about Bast stealing any; he doesn't even have a tongue let alone a stomach.

Back
Top Bottom