Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The cat and mouse (rebelliousxjugger)

She scrambled for the blanket throwing over herself. It was all she could do as she prayed for them to over look her. She was dead silent lying as still as she could. What would she do if they found her? Her dagger was nearly useless for as dull as it is. But she worried about Nathan the most jow would he get away surely he'd be killed, right?

Nathan made certain to be the one inside of the caravan, unloading it and handing stuff to the other guards as the merchant barked orders at the three of them. After about half an hour of unloading, the other guards went on ahead and began to start loading things up to the merchant's stand, giving Lucia a chance to slip away unnoticed. "Go. Hurry...Wait for me outside in the forest, I'll find you there alright? Just go." Nathan whispered before hopping out and aiding his mercenary brethren.

She gave a curt nod before dashing out of the wagon like rabbit on the run. She ran with a seemingly impossible amout of speed. Once reaching the woods she hid behind a tree catching her breath. She hoped, she prayed she was unseen. So all she could do was wait. She climbed into the tree looking out towards the town.

The guards had not seen her. Nathan had made sure of that by distracting them with the blade of his sword and how finely crafted it was. It was only a moment's distraction but it was enough due to Lucia's speed. Once he was paid and dismissed, Nathan went off into the forest...looking and waiting for Lucia to appear.

When he entered she smiled. dropping infront of him she hugged him her tail waving. "Thank god your okay!" She exclaimed. She stood on her tip toes kissing his cheek. This was new to her still.

He smiled lightly as she kissed his cheek and his arms wrapped around her lightly. "Yeah...Of course I'm alright, Lucia." He smiled and pet her head gently. "Are you ready to go and see your new home? With that fur around you, you won't look like some stray creature from the forest and if you're with me, you should be fine."

She nods slipping her hand into his. "Im ready." she whispered standing on her tip toes to kiss him again. Her tail waving in joy she stopped her kiss. "Lets go home Nate" With that she began pulling him into town smiling qith glee. What was his house like? she had wandered.

He nodded and walked with her through town. People didn't even seem to mind the pair, though a few did notice her cat-like ears and tail and began to whisper to their neighbors or stared in awe. Nathan only lived in a small little shack in the shantytown of the city. He was not rich and did not have much. His house was nothing more than scrapwood nailed together to have four walls and a metal sheet covering the top of his house to act as a roof. His door was nothing more than another piece of scrapwood that simply lay against the doorway as well. "Sorry that it isn't much...I'm not very wealthy and being a bodyguard for hire is hard in this town."

She shook her head. It was better that what she lived in generally. "Its home," said Lucia cheerfully. "It shouldn't matter if its fancy." Standing on her tip toes kissing his cheek lightly. It made her think. If she could catch up to the merchant's caravan she could maybe steal his money. For herself, she told herself. Maybe for Nathan? A small voice nagged in the back of her head.

He smiled and held her into his body gently. "Yeah...I know. I've got a makeshift roof above my head but it doesn't do much for protection against anyone who'd want to sneak in and steal what little I have...but whatever. I'm happy with it." He pet her head gently as he looked into her eyes. "Lucia...Are you ready to begin?"

Upon hearing his question a ear cocked. Ready for what? she asked herself. Looking at the cabin she felt cold. Things felt like they were going to fast. She had just met him the night before and she had honestly planned for this. A sense of vertigo hit her. She swayed falling foreward.

"L-Lucia...?!" He explained in surprise as he held her so she would not fall. He lay her down gently on his makeshift bed and frowned. "You're probably tired...It was a long day after all...Just rest for tonight." He smiled and pulled the blanket up over her body and moved to make sure the door was sturdily placed so no random animals could make their way into his home. He lay down beside her. "Are you alright...?"

She opened her eyes her face flushed. Im a mess, she thought to herself. "Y-yes, thank you Nathan." She smiled. She couldn't hrlp bur be enchanted by his stellar personality. Then the thought occured to her. "The adventures we could have," a smile played across her face. "The Theif and her dashing warrior."

"The thief and her dashing warrior huh...?" Nathan said out loud with a small smile and stroked her hair gently. "I like that...Though I think her dashing warrior would have to keep the thief in line to to overdo it...Don't you think?" He said teasingly. "Look....Why don't you get some sleep, aright...?"

"But I dont want too," she whinned. Sitting up she bagan to get out of the bed in a haste. In her careless haste she tripped on her own two feet falling in a flailing panic as she gripped Nathan's collar pulling him along with her. When they hit with a thud she gasped as she felt his weight on her. Looking over her shoulder she smiled laughing a bit.

He laughed a little as well when the two of them fell down onto the ground together. He smiled and kissed her forehead lightly before rolling off. "You alright?" He said with a smile, his body laying next to hers with his eyes gazing into hers as if waiting for an answer. He was of course. He loved to hear his new 'pet' talk.

Back
Top Bottom