Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Prince & The Commoner (loyal and vmpdevil)

For many years the royal family had ruled over the kingdom with peace. Everyone looked up to the King with their troubles and he looked upon them with kindness and treated them like they were no different then himself. The King had a wonderful wife and queen who shared the same values as her husband. The Queen gave birth too two healthy boys. Edric and Theon, and they grew up under the same values their parents shared. Many years went by and the two boys grew up very fast. Edric quickly became one with the people of the kingdom, he was seen feeding the poor, fighting for the kingdom. Where as Theon kept to himself and thought of dark things. It was plain to see that there were major differences between the two princes.

The King grew ill one day, the cause unknown. Prince Edric was the oldest and line for the throne. But he would never think such thoughts awhile there was still hope that his father could get better. But Theon had other ideas as he wanted the throne for himself. So one night during a party, Edric was walking down a dark hallway and was attacked by his brother Theon. Of course no one heard anything as the laughter from the party was going on. Once Theon was done with his brother he moved to the party and started a fire, burning half of the castle down and everyone else in it. News broke out that the king and queen were dead, prince Edric was no where to be found and now Theon was named king. The Kingdom was in terrible hands.

Theon grumbled as he tried to drag along his now lifeless brother 's body down the stone steps of the castle as the fire burning behind him. He managed to lift Edric's body up onto a waiting horse and got up himself before kicking the horses side to make it run. The horse took off with a start and rushed into the forest, guarding running past him towards the burning castle. He knew the river wasn't far now and all he had to do was throw his brother's body in there and no one would ever know. They would think everyone was dead and he would become king just like he had planned and rule this kingdom the way it should be. He roped the horse to a tree and dragged Edric down to the river, throwing him in and disappearing into the night. His lifeless body drifting down the river into the unknown.

Annabel sat against the large rocks that sat just a few feet from the large river. The farm was within walking distance and she knew that's why her family started farming here. "Anna!" she heard her father call for her from the small but cozy house that sat atop a large open field of grass. Yes it was picture perfect and it was about a half hours walk to the nearest town where she loved to go.
"Coming Papa!" she shouted back pushing herself back up from the rock she sat upon. Her long honey blond hair blowing in the wind making her turn towards the river to keep it from getting into her mouth. Annabel could see something floating in the water below her but she didn't know what it was nor did she think it was alive.
She turned to look at her house and sighed "They'll be fine for a minute." she whispered to herself climbing down the rocky path that lead down to the river. She slipped her dress between her legs and tucked it in the seem that held the top to the bottom and then slowly walked into the water.
"Oh my god!" she shouted it was a body! Anna without thinking ran into the water and swam over to it pulling it to the edge of the river where she knew if she needed to could pull the man to a place she could get him up at. "Hey..." she said shacking him a little. He didn't respond which only made her panic more.
She reached down with her hands and checked his pulse, yes he was alive but barely. "Please be ok." she whispered to him as she stood up and walked up the rocky path just enough to yell for her papa "Papa help!" she shouted loudly "Hurry!"
It only took him a few seconds to come running to where Annabel sat with the mans head in her lap. "Papa he's alive but hurt." she said looking down at his face. He was handsome and his clothing looked rather expensive maybe he was a noble and had fallen off his horse. "We need to get him to the house." she said and her father sighed
"Please papa." she beg fluttering her eyes and he shook his head how could he deny his only child what she wanted. "Ok." he said helping to pick him up and take him to the horse he had brought "But if I have another mouth to feed you will help out a lot more around the house." she said as if making a deal with her. Annabel smiled widely hugging her papa and they made their way to the small cozy house.
It was when they got inside that Annabel did all the work patching him up and making sure he was ok. She wasn't sure when he'd wake up but when he did she'd be there to help him get better.

He felt nothing. His body was numb and as he tried to search his mind for what had happened to him, nothing came. Just black and grey blurry images that he couldn't put together. All he knew was that the pain running through his body was unbearable. He couldn't move, every time he tried to call out nothing came out of his mouth. He was yelling from the inside and why wasn't anyone listening.

Finally his brain seemed to be hearing his silent screams and his eyes opened quickly, and he tried to take in the light from inside where ever he was. Where was he? Nothing around him looked fimular to him. He sat up to quick and pain shot through his chest and he groaned laying back down on the bed. His mouth was dry and he tried to speak but nothing came out. He moved his head to the side to see if he could make out anything in the house he seemed to be in right now. He took in every detail, searching his brain for anything that would tell him that he knew this place no nothing was there.

He lifted his head to look down at the bandages that were across his chest, touching them lightly with his hand not wanting to cause any pain. He wondered how he got them. He couldn't remind anything. He didn't even know his name, oh lord what has happened to him. He laid his head back down and sighed loudly. What was going to happen now, what was he to do, he didn't know where he was, he didn't know what was going on. He turned his head towards the door when he heard footsteps coming this way.

Annabel looked around her as she made her way up to the house a pitcher of water in her hand "I'll be back to tend to the cows in a minute papa I'm going to check up on John." she said John was the stranger she didn't know his name so she gave him one Jonathan was what she gave him after the river that had brought him here. She quickly opened the door holding the water as she walked in not thinking he was awake.
"I'm sure you're still asleep John but it's been a rough day today. I hope your wounds are healing ok..." she said setting the water pitcher on the table. "I brought back some cold water and I'll need to change your bandages here soon." she walked over to him and stopped "You're awake." she said running over grabbing the pitcher of water and pouring it into a cup.
"Here I know you don't know me but I've been taking care of you." she set the cup down next to him and helped him sit up a bit to help him drink the water without choking. "My names Annabel but everyone calls me Anna... I've been calling you John after the river I found you in but if you do not mind I would love to know your name." she said sweetly looking at him as she put the cup to his lips so he could take a sip.
"I figured you'd be thirst you haven't had anything to drink since yesterday and you've been out for a while I kind of had to feed you water with my mouth my father didn't like it so you hadn't drank in a while. I am sorry." she stared at him

He tried to keep calm but it was kind of hard when you were in a strange place and you didn't know how you got here, where you were or even who you were? How had he even gotten in this state was unknown to him, hopefully who ever owned this house would come back and he might get some answers to the many questions that were running through his mind right about now.

He was staring at the roof when the door opened and footsteps walked in then there was a voice, it sounded female. She called him john. Was that his name? He searched his mind for that name trying to link it to something, nothing. So she had been the one that had put the bandages on him. When she walked over and saw that he was awake, he tried to speak again but his mouth was so dry, he just nodded his head.

All he could do was nod right now. He winced slightly as she helped him sit up so that she could give him water. As soon as the cup so up against his lip, the cold fresh water poured down his mouth. It felt cool against his dry burning throat. Finally he could speak. "Thank you", was the first thing he could get out of his mouth. "Pleasure to meet you Anna". He tried to think hard about what his name was, but nothing came no matter how hard he tried. "I... don't know", he finally said. "I don't know my name... John sounds nice". He liked the name, and it would be what she could call him for now, until he could remember what his name was and who he was. "It's all right, you had to do what was needed". She had took care of him and he was thankful for that, "Do you live here with your father?" he asked.

Annabel nodded "Yes I live here with my father. This is our farm." she smiled as she help hold himself up scooting herself up behind him so it was easier to prop himself up. "We found you in the river." she said looking over him and brushing her fingers through his hair to keep it out of his face. "So you don't remember anything?" she asked checking his wounds while he sat up. "Does anything hurt?" she whispered running her warm hands softly over his bandaged body.
"We went to town and got new bandages for your wounds." she pointed out the box full of new bandages "Papa said you could stay as long as you needed." she smiled at him her hopes were that he was willing to stay. Annabel had actually grown very attached to her John.
"If you can't remember just take your time to heal and I'll take care of everything else for you John." she kissed his forehead softly like a mother would do if her child was sick.

He smiled, "It's a nice place", he commented. Even though he hadn't seen the rest of the house or the outside but from what he could see in just this room that it was a safe place to be right now. So that's how they had found him, he didn't remember anything about a lake or how he might have gotten there. He couldn't see himself getting there on his own, judging by the state they had found him in, he wouldn't have been able to walk down there himself, but he shook away those thoughts.

He smiled and shook his hand. "Nothing, I keep trying to search for something, but ends up with nothing". He hated not being able to remember anything. Did he had someone out there worrying about him. He shook his head again, "No there's no pain right now, just swore that's all", he couldn't help but keep the smile on his face. Here was this person taking care of him, who had no clue who he was, a total stranger and was still showing kindness. "Tell him thank you, and ask him if there's some way to pay back your kindness". Because he couldn't just sit here and let them help him an not do something in return. "Thank you so much for your kindness Anna", he spoke as he hugged her lightly, a sign that he was glad someone like her was taking care of him. "Hopefully everything will come back to me".

Anna looked down at him with a large smile. John was his name for now until he got his memory back that is. She looked around when he said it was a nice place and truth be told it was nice enough for her and her father but it surprised her that he said it was. After what he had on she thought he was a richer man but maybe not. “I had papa take your old clothing off and put you into something dry and clean.” She pointed out to the new clothing on him as she looked around. “We really should take the bandage off you and get it some air.” She leaned down on him and began to unravel his bandages around him her long hair hanging over him as she pulled softly on the bandages “I’m sorry if it hurts.” She whispered looking up at him.

Her fingers were quick at getting the bandages off and she looked at his wounds that were placed all over his body. “Well it seems like you healing fine.” She ran her hand over a few of his bruised parts and then beside his wounds. “I think you’ll be good to go in a few days.” She said with a smile. “I hope you enjoy stew cause that’s what we’re having.” She said letting his wounds breath the fresh air. “Papa said he was going into town so it’ll just be us tonight.” She pushed his hair from his forehead and placed her forehead against his so they were very close. “It’s good you don’t have a fever.” She stared into his eyes as she pulled away and blushed slightly.

John, as that's what he was called now until he remembered his real name, maybe he would never find out what his real name was or who he was for that matter. His memories may never come back. As far as he knew this was a nice home, he didn't know anything different, he hadn't seen anything different then this place as it was the first thing he saw when he first woke up. He nodded and looked down at the clothing he had been put into. "Thank you again", he couldn't say it more. There had to be something he could do to repay these kind people. "Your right", he commented and let her work on taking off the bandages, he trusted her with taking care of him, a total stranger that he didn't even know, but some how he felt he could trust her. "It's ok", he spoke looking down at her.

He watched her the whole time as she worked on his wound. "No thanks to you of course", he said. If she hadn't found him in that river and brought him here then he would have sure been dead by now. "Great, I can't wait to get up on my feet". Laying here in the bed helpless was driving him mad, when he wanted to help so badly, he wanted to repay them both for there kindness in any way he could, but he couldn't right now, not well he was still healing. "I am sure it will be great". He didn't know if he had ever had stew before or if he even liked it for that matter, but he was sure it was going to taste great and anything right about now was better than nothing. He nodded. He smiled and he could feel his face getting a little hot because of how close she was, he didn't know why he felt this way, but he shouldn't. "Yes it's a good thing..", he spoke as he stared into her eyes as well and then she pulled away he couldn't help but clear his throat and run a hand through his hair, looking back at her.

She couldn't help but blush it wasn't like she'd never blushed before or been this close to a man. It was just he was a very good looking man and she was alone, ALONE with him. She knew he couldn't do anything to get which was nice but the thought of being alone with the opposite sex always made her nervous yet excited. She hoped that this man John would never remember who he was so she could keep him by her side she'd grown very attached to him. Although be it rude and mean she hoped he'd never leave her side and remember his past for the pure fact that she didn't want to think he might be married.
"The stew should be done if you would like some." she said standing up brushing her dress down and looking away from him. It was odd Anna had done these things to some of the younger boys in the town she'd wanted to be a nurse and work with sick people but with him it just made her heart skip a beat. "I'll grab you a bowl... should I feed you?" she looked over her shoulder at him. Even though he was hurt he was still very handsome in her eyes.

Back
Top Bottom