Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Save a horse, ride a Cowboy (Charliesweb7 & pnw2013)

Katherine looked up to him when he spoke. "That is where I go to school..." She replied to him. Of course she was a Longhorns fan! She smiled, thinking of his brother going there. "It is a great school." She replied. Then she realized how young she was compared to Ben. Only by more than a year but still. She laughed at his milk mustache, then finishing her sandwich. "That sounds good. But seriously, how many chores do you have?" She asked.

He replied plainly, "It's just basic house maintainance. Nothing too daunting." His mother had expected him to clean both the house and barns, wash the animals, do the dishes, and clean out his car. He relayed this information to Katherine. "Doesn't sound like too much does it? Where do you want to start?" He asked her

Katherine looked to him when he spoke. "In what world is that not a lot?" She asked. "I will do dishes while you clean out your car." She replied to him. There was only a few dishes and some that needed to be put away. Could they do it all in one day and then have 2 days to relax? She was kind of hoping for that.

He walked outside to clean his car. It had been pretty messy for some time, he was glad that Katherine didn't notice. And if she did, he was glad she didn't mention it. He had grabbed a trash bag and started shoveling trash with his bare hand. He had forgotten what color the floorboards had originally been. He went back into the house to throw away the trash bag and grab a portable vacuum. He vacuumed the floor in his car, picking up old straw wrappers and crumbs. He also vacuumed the backseat, which had a half-empty bag of Lay's hidden inside. He sneaked a few chips, then threw them away after tasting how stale they were. After about an hour, he finally had his car cleaned out...for the most part. He started towards the house to begin a new chore.

Oh she had noticed...it was very dirty. She liked keeping her car spotless. She never kept anything in hers but a dust cloth and some emergency equipment like towels, a roadside kit and such. Her car looked like it was brand new, even though she got it 2 years ago. She was finished with the dishes, everything away before she cleaned the kitchen. Wiping counters and cleaning the stove. It was easy. Sweeping and then mopping the floors. She was done with all of that by the time Ben was back. "Kitchen is clean and dishes are done. I saw we do all if it today and then just relax the next two days!" She added, taking a cloth and dusting already.

He nodded, admitting that it was a good idea. "I'll go ahead and tackle the barns if you handle everything in here." The barns needed more work anyway. He had to brush and wash the animals, clean out their pens and stables, fill their food containers, sweep the hay, clean out the barn attic for bats and spiders, and make sure the farm equipment was cleaned and filled with gas.

Katherine nodded her head, starting to dust. She dusted, made beds, vacuumed, moped, swept and did all of that. She then went out to the barns, asking if he needed help. Otherwise she was going to cook some lunch for him. "Hey Ben..." She replied to him. "You need some help?" She asked, looking around at the big barn.

Ben had started washing and feeding the animals first. Most had been cooperative and complacent, all except for Mercutio. He knew it was because Mercutio and he had known each other from birth, so his horse had gotten a stubborn streak. Eventually his horse complied long enough to get decently washed, and he moved on to shoveling shit. Literally. He had cleaned out the stables and pens and placed the feces in a bin that his family used as recyclable manure. They used the manure to fertilize the crops naturally, with it being in such abundance.

He was checking the barn attics for spiders and bats when Katherine peeped her head in. "Hey!" he called down. "Unless you wanna come up here and be around bats and spiders, I think I'm good." He joked. His family had nothing against either, they actually encouraged the creatures to live there. They ate the bugs and rats that infested the barn. He was simply checking for the poisonous spiders and vampire bats. He told his mother numerous times that vampire bats don't love anywhere near Texas, but she made him check anyway.

Katherine shook her head. "I am good!" She called out. She noticed that she had a much easier job. Maybe because she was used to it. Her home off campus was very nice and neat. So she was used to cleaning quickly apparently. She waited until he came down before she smiled. "Want me to make some lunch for us? You can finish up and we can be done!" She replied. "Unless you need me to help with something?" She asked him.

He gave her a quick peck on the lips,"I'd love it." He smiled and called after her, "I'll be back in just a bit." He was almost done checking the barns, and he would rush back, eager to try whatever she had prepared for him. It's almost like we were already married, he thought. He smiled at the thought, knowing he wouldn't mind being married to her at all.

Katherine smiled as he kissed her and then she headed back into the kitchen. She looked through the fridge, pulling out some chicken. She was going to do a grilled chicken wrap with homemade potato chips and some fruit salad. She was able to put it together relatively quickly, her just finishing putting everything on a plate when he came into the kitchen. "Food is ready!" She added, washing the last dish. She learned to cook and clean as you go. Made things much easier!

He had checked out the last of the barns and made his way back to the house when he heard her say that the food was done. He rushed inside to find...food on a plate. He asked her what she had made, and when she described it, he was a bit skeptical. "Um, ok. But I'm not exactly sure this is going to fill me up." He looked over at her, giving a disappointed look. He quickly corrected, "But! I will give it a try. I never said I wouldn't give it a try."

He held up the wrap. It barely looked like it had anything inside it. He took a bite, and was pleasantly surprised. This prissy food wasn't half bad! He asked for another as he started on the fruit salad.

He looked disappointed in what she had for him. That made Katherine a little upset. This was something she would make at home. Minus the chips usually. "Well I mean, I guess I can make you something else then..." She replied to him. She then noticed he was taking a bite and seemed to love it. That was good. But then he asked for another one. "Just take my one then." She replied. She got out some lettuce and tore it up, making a small salad and using the rest of the chicken (which was a few pieces) and made herself a small salad. She kind of learned her lesson about feeding him. She finally was able to take a seat, mixing up her salad.

He apologized for offending her, "It's not that I don't like what you made, honest. But compare what you look like to what I look like. You have such a small, thin, alluring figure. And I have about 80 pounds on you." He laughed, "I just need a bit more to eat." He hugged her by the shoulder and kissed her cheek to signal that he meant no offense. "Although I'm definitely thinking of reconsidering eating so much, on the condition that you make more of these." He said as he held up the wrap. They sat and ate their lunch for a short time before getting back to their chores.

Katherine just shrugged her shoulders at him. So they ate in silence, her collecting the plates and doing the dishes again afterwards. She felt like he almost originally looked at it as if it was rabbit food. Oh well. His mother could cook for him then. If that is what he wanted. She made sure to finish everything in the house before then going to the barn to help sweep hay. Around 2, they were finally done. Katherine walked into the house, exhausted now.

He came back greasy from changing the oil in the tractor. He wiped the great on his sleeve, falling face first on the couch. "Done!" He exclaimed, never moving his face from the cushions. He wanted to just lay there for a moment and rest, but he rolled over on his back so he could speak clearly to her. "So what do you want to do now?" He asked her.

She was surprised when he was greasy and then went to the couch. She almost had a heart attack herself! And this is why she was strange in some ways. "I think you need to take a shower." She replied, laughing. "I don't know. Nap?" She asked. She really had no idea what she wanted to do. Unless he has some ideas.

He sniffed himself and agreed with her, he needed a shower. He seemed out of ideas on what to do, the fair yesterday had completely drained him of his plans. "Um, I have an idea we could try out, I'll tell you once I'm out of the shower." He walked towards the bathroom. Fuck, he thought. He had no idea what to do. He needed to come up with something fast, before he finished his shower. Maybe he could take longer, have more time to come up with an idea? No, she would think he was jerking off in the shower. He needed to think quickly.

Katherine nodded her head, watching him leave for the bathroom. She noticed he got no grease on the couch thankfully. She rubbed the back of her neck, just wanting to at least take a nap. She was rather tired. But if he wanted to do something, they could do something. She sat on the couch, yawning as she rubbed her eyes again.

He got out of the shower and dried off. He noticed she was yawning on the couch, and decided that today could be a movie day. He went downstairs to the basement and changed into a pair of cargo shorts and a loose t-shirt. He then grabbed a small television, able to fit under his arm, and carried it upstairs along with a case full of movies. He laid the case beside her and asked her to choose one she wanted to watch as he set up the TV.

That was one thing that Katherine had noticed. They had no TV in the living room. That was something she was so used to. She didn't even think about it all that much. It was just normal to have a TV in the living room. She looked to him when he came back up with the TV and some DVD's. Well that sounded like fun. She picked out 3 for him to choose from while she went downstairs and grabbed some clothes to change into her. Her shower was shirt, her coming out in a pair of cotton shorts and another lace tank top. The shorts obviously showed off a lot of her legs. But then again, he had already seen her in a bikini. "Did you choose a movie?" She asked, climbing onto the couch again.

He had examined each of the three movies, wanting to watch each of them. He was shamefully indecisive. He then sparked an idea. "No, I haven't picked one yet," he told her, "but who's to say we can't watch all three? We'll have a movie marathon!" He exclaimed. He picked the movie in the far right, starting in the order they were laid out. It was a romantic comedy, it was a fitting film for the couple. The sun had started to set, creating more of an atmosphere. He laid on his back across the couch as the film started, waiting on Katherine to sit down.

Katherine smiled at him. "That sounds good." She replied. It was Monster-In-Law. Probably one of her favorite movies. It was so funny! Not super mushy either. "You want to make popcorn or something?" She asked him. It was only around 3pm now and she was looking forward to enjoying a movie marathon.

"Sure, I'll help you make some." Ben called as he started grabbing bowls for the two of them. "So do you like..." he peeked at the title screen, "Monster-In-Law?" He didn't even realize they had it, but he decided to give it a try. "By the way," he started, "the popcorn is in the cabinet. Top shelf, far back left." He guided.

Katherine unfolded her legs, pushing herself up from the couch lightly. She headed into the kitchen, glancing back to him. Had he never seen the movie before? It was funny! She just loved this movie. "Yes, it is one of my favorites. It is really funny. I think you should like it." She replied. Well she hoped he did. Nothing like saying a movie was funny and then the person not laughing. She nodded her head, opening up the cabinet and eventually finding it just out of her reach she found. She then placed a leg on the counter to boost herself up lightly to reach. She grabbed the bag, then sliding down and closing the cabinet. Taking off the plastic, she handed him the bag. "What do you want to drink? Water, milk, juice? A smoothie?" She asked. A good fruit smoothie sounded good. She had seen some frozen fruit in there.

Back
Top Bottom