Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Love Lost In Time

He smiled when she called him Nathan and slipped the cloths from her body tossing them in the trash. He did not correct her on the name simply reaching up and running his hand over her forehead and into her hair. "Are you okay? You have been out for nearly 20 minuets? "He spoke softly still gently petting her hair and holding her hand tightly. His eyes showing how much he cared for her even though they had only met today.

"Not really..." She murmured. She didn't feel like herself and it was because of all that was happening. These visions were forcing their way into her mind because she was in such denial about her past. It hurt so much. It was such a strain on her mind. "But I'm glad to be waking up to a familiar face..." she said softly, looking into his eyes. They were just like Nathan's. He was beautiful and Nate was like his instant replica. Lettng out a small breath, she closed her eyes and put her hand over his that was holding her hand and fell asleep. She needed to rest. But she didn't let go of his hand at all.

He smiled and leaned down pressing his lips against hers moments after she had drifted off. He was nervous about doing this but he had been waiting centuries to kiss her. His heart melted and he knew she really was the woman he had been searching for. The nurse walked in moments after he had pulled his lips away and he smiled up at her. "Did you get a hold of her parents? If not... give me her address ill take her home. She was just awake but she fell back asleep i think she is exhausted. " He said softly having no intention of letting her out of his sight until he could speak to her again.

Leigh had fallen way back into a deep sleep, and wasn't able to feel his lips. It was no problem. She may have had a feeling. but things were definitely going to change. once the nurse came back, she shook her head, frowning. But when he suggested he could take her home, she nodded. "Alright. She just moved in today with her parents so it's not shocker I wasn't getting any answer." She told him, taking a piece of paper and writing her address on there. "Do you find it odd that her family is living in the Barnes' estate? You don't think there could be any family connection, do you?" The entire town knew about Leighton Anne Barnes. It was tragic what happened to her and now that people knew her real story in this era, man believed she was wrongly condemned, even descendants of those who condemned her. She was no longer written in the books as a witch but as a martyr.

"Eventually your ancestors heal from the scars of the past. " He spoke his true age showing a bit in wisdom in his statement. "Yea, i am starting to think they are related. " He slowly scooped her up leaving her head resting on his shoulder. "Will you get the doors for me so i don't accidentally drop her. " He smiled easily able to carry the young girl in his arms, it would not matter how much she weight for her he would lift the world. As the nurse helped him he carried her out to his car and with the skill of a practiced surgeon he slipped her into the car. He had stuffed many the passed out friend into a car over the years. He thanked the nurse quietly and went around to the other side of his blazer and pulled from the lot. He knew where she lived very well he had gone there many times over the years.

The movers had gone and the entire house was filled with boxes in their prospective areas. Her parents were out right now, getting some things they needed for the house and left a note for her and money for food if she were to get hungry. She just might be once she woke up.

The nurse nodded to him once he had gotten Leigh all nice and snuggly into his car and then walked away and back into the school, signing them both out. And shoot, Leigh was just looking forward to the last two classes of her day and not she wouldn't get to go to them.

Nate smiled as he glanced over at her as he dove over to her house. He could not believe he had found her it had to be her the way she looked at him made his heart melt. Once in the parking lot he got out and checked the front door finding it unlocked he opened it and slipped inside looking around for what would be her bedroom. Finding a box and a bed that said Leigh's things he smiled and jogged back down to the car. Again with practiced care he lifted her up and carried her inside kicking the door closed as he passed. Soon he was laying her down on her bed and he began searching her boxes for a pillow so she could be more comfortable. Giving up after a few of the several boxes he took off his jacket and balled it up slipping it under her head. He then set to work searching the other rooms for a blanket to keep her warm.

Just as he set her down, she got a little comfortable but also started to wake up. She let out a small groan and put her hand to her head. She felt hungover and trust me, she's been hungover a lot. Some wild parties in Kansas, perhaps the best thing about it. She sat up and leaned over her knees, putting her hands on her head, rubbing it gently. Looking around, she squinted a bit, soon rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and blinked. How did she get home? Did she sleep walk? oh no, did she do some kind of magic destruction and blacked out? Thinking that that's what it was given everything going on, she lay back, groaning again and put her hands on her head. It felt like someone was constantly beating it with a metal pipe or something annoying.

He returned minuets later having found the blankets walking into her room with it draped over his arm seeing her hands on her face he thought she had moved in her sleep. Smiling he walked over and with out making a sound laying the blanket on to her gently. His eyes scanning her for a moment his mind flashing back to the passionate times they had shared together. Hoping she would remember more of the good then the bad as he had grown to do. He rarely saw the images of her death anymore deciding to focus on the good things he had shared with her.

When a blanket was suddenly draped over, she removed her hands, showing her eyes were wide open. She sat up, once again first seeing Nathan from the 1600s but blinking her eyes a couple of times, she saw Nate. It was scary how much they looked alike. "So you brought me home?" She asked, putting her hand on his arm, wondering if he was real or if she was imagining him. Biting her lower lip, she had another vision and it was pretty graphic. It was Leighton and Nathan and they were pretty intimate. She stared simply into the beyond, her eyes straining a bit since she wasn't blinking one bit. It was so intense. They were incredibly in love and her actual heart was beating crazy fast but not enough to go into cardiac arrest, thank go.

When she finally came back to this century, she was breathing hard, blinking a few times, pressing her hand to her forehead which was now so very moist. She put her hand on the bed and swallowed hard, shifting her seating a bit, trying to calm down. "Woah...major woah..." She put a hand to her head again, shaking just a tad bit. "What the hell is going on with me?"

He sat down on the bed next to her smiling and nodding as she asked if he had brought her home. His hand ran over her cheek his thumb rubbing it lightly looking into her eyes. He could tell when she drifted off into a her vision he could tell he knew that look well he waited until it subsided to tell speak to her. His hand never left her face smiling touching her lightly taking her hand once she had came back to this world. "It is the down side to a spell cast long ago. It is best to just go with those dreams allow them to show you what they are choosing to show you. If you fight them they will destroy you quickly leaving you exhausted and unable to focus. " He left out the fact that he had dealt with them before for now taking a deep breath relaxing. "Just relax there is nothing you can do to stop them for now you can learn to control them later. "

Looking at him, she raised a brow. "A spell from long ago? What are you talking about?" She asked. She had a hunch but she hoped she was wrong. It wasn't possible. She was just Leigh Barnes, no relation in that sense to Leighton Anne Barnes. She wasn't a reincarnated witch. She didn't want to be. While she knew she was incredibly weird and all, being witch wasn't part of her agenda. "No...I can't be. I don't believe it. I won't believe it!"

"You will understand soon enough love, just please don't fight the visions you will drive yourself mad. " He spoke softly not for a moment thinking of her as anything other then the woman he had been in love with so long ago. He took a deep breath looking into her eyes giving her hand a light squeeze he wanted so badly to tell her everything. He though knew he could do nothing of the sort pouring all that out for her would over whelm her easily. For now he just wanted to get to know her and make her care for him then he hoped she could accept their past.

"It sounds like you know about all this. How do you know how I should handle it?" She asked quietly. His knowledge on how to deal with all these visions was making her wonder. Not only did he look like Nathan but he seemed to know about exactly what she was talking about which only further made her a bit more curious and freaked out at the same time. "D-Do you know me or something? Or know Leighton?"

"When Leighton passed... She cast a spell that was meant to bring her back to her true love. Unfortunately... It was an incredibly cruel spell... that caused her love to be born again every 20 or so years. " He spoke softly not wanting to tell her that he was the 20th incarnation of the man she grew to love so many years ago. He did not want to sound like the freak that he had became over the years. "And he swore a vow that if he ever found her again he would be ready for her and he would never let anything bad happen to her again. " He spoke softly his thumb still rubbing her cheek bone as he held her lightly staring into her eyes.

Her eyes looked into his, her mouth forming the shape of an 'o.' That was quite a lot of information. "So...I'm the reincarnation of a witch, four hundred-something years later?" She asked quietly. "And you're the reincarnation of her lover?" Blinking a little bit, she looked away and let out a deep breath. This was pretty heavy. "I'm guessing this stuff isn't in the archives." Leigh stood, moving from him and sort of took a walk her entire house and then came back to her room, leaning on the door frame. "This is crazy. It's not possible."

His heart sank when she moved away from him letting out a soft sigh she was right. It was an incredible amount of information to take in one day. He stood when she entered the room walking over to her placing his hand on her side. "I have thought that many times and then i remember things... like laying there in the cold rain kneeling in front of a pile of ash crying for days. Weeping until i passed out from both exhaustion and dehydration. " He said softly looking into her eyes giving her side a light and gentle squeeze. "I am going to let you think about this if you but if you... want to talk you can call me any time day or night. " With that he slipped passed her and moved slowly threw the house to his car outside he was going to go spend some time at the memorial his family had build to remember her.

Looking up at him, she bit her lower lip a little hard. Swallowing lightly, she felt her throat dry. She didn't know what to say or think but she had to soon wrap her head around all of this because it just may be true. A normal person wouldn't get random visions for no reason and while Leigh was nowhere near to being normal, things like that didn't happen without a reason. And she was willing to be open about it. Watching as he left, she turned her head back, watching him go and then looked forward again, staring at the ground. The sound of the front door shutting gave her light to the fact he was really going and honestly, she didn't want to be alone with her thoughts. What if she had another vision?

She hurriedly walked from the entrance of her new room and down the hall until she reached the stairs. She grabbed onto the railing and quickly descended down them, jumping the second to last step and ran to the door. Opening it in a hasten fashion, she ran outside, just because he could really go. She put her hands on the hood of his car and looked up at him, telling him without words, that she didn't want him to go, or at least not without her.

He smiled having just put the car into reverse when she came running out and placed her hands on the hood. He smiled remembering a similar time when they had first met when she ran out and pulled herself up onto the back of his horse. With a smile he pressed the breaks and leaned over opening the passenger door he wanted to take her to see what he had done for her. "Hop in no point and setting around in an empty house all night. " He said his eyes latching onto hers and not leaving he felt all the weight lifting off his shoulders so quickly it made him want to cry.

Standing up straight, she smiled gently and nodded. She moved and got into his car and shut the door, buckling up and looking over to him. "So where are we going?" She asked gently, crossing a leg over the other. While she wanted to know more about her past and why all these visions were coming back to her--her of all people. Sitting back, she let out a small sigh, placing her hands in her lap. She didn't know but it felt like her heart was beating hard and fast. It's like somewhere deep in her, knew who he really was, thus the reaction.

"I had something built about 40 years ago... I kinda want you to see it. " He spoke softly pulling from her driveway and taking her about a mile away to the city park pulling off the path and parking lot and driving threw the park to the memorial. It was exactly like it had been 400 years ago. Benches sat where the people once stood there was a statue of him in the arms of 2 faceless men being held back. A empty stake stuck in the ground a few dozen yards away surrounded by piles of wood. He got out of the car taking a deep breath and walking over to her side of the car opening the door slowly. "Lets go set and talk. "

Nodding, she waited until they got to said destination. Stepping out of the car when he opened her side, she looked around. It looked depressing. Her eyes instantly caught onto the statue of a man being held back by two men. She put a hand to her heart and swallowed hard. "Is this where it happened?" She asked quietly, moving from his car and looking around. It's like no one bothered to fix it up. They just left it the way it was 400 years ago. As if it was sacred ground and any tampering would summon unwanted spirits. Then something clicked. "You had something built 40 years ago?"

He walked up kneeling down at the place where he had knelt for days after her death a small plaque making the location and telling the story. His entire body was shaking slightly as he looked up his mind seeing her burned body hanging there forcing him to shake it off and look away. His hand still quivering a bit as he looked back at his blazer. "Well Mark did. Nathan lived on for 30 or so more years he died at 56. Not long after that his brother had a son... who died at 19... his brother had a son who died at 20... That path continued on one of the sons in his family dies in their late teens and early twenties. " He sat down on the bench turning to face her not wanting to go on any further knowing what he was about to say sounded crazy. "Some say that when she died she cursed his family to suffer pain because he could not protect her. No one in his family thinks that. " He said softly biting his lip looking at her fighting back tears at seeing her here.

Leigh walked over to where he knelt. She bit her lower lip and looked at the plaque then at him, listening to the story. "Why would she curse his family? Especially if they were in love? Was it to ensure him to be reincarnated?" She asked. She moved to where he was and knelt down beside him, turning his face to look at her. She could see the tears that wanted to come and she just wrapped her arms around his neck, taking him in her arms. "Do you believe that I'm her?" She asked quietly. "Or her, reincarnated?"

He looked at her and wrapped his arms around her holding her close he was so happy. "I hope so... I don't want to go threw another child hood. " He said laughing softly looking into her eyes bitting his lip again chewing on it lightly wanting to kiss her but not knowing if he should or not. He held her tightly looking into her eyes taking a deep breath finally calming down with her in his arms. "I am so glad i finally found you again i never gave up hope. "

Back
Top Bottom