Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Second Chances(blair/lady)

Rhys grinned as he panted, shifting to the side. “Eventually. But I’m like the energizer bunny, I just keep going.”He smirked sighing softly as he looked at the kitten, making a face even as he waved the maid goodbye. “I can see him.”Rhys said his eyebrow twitching watching the woman cuddle the kitten, “Don’t thank me. thank Winston, he’s the one who let me.”he said shrugging a little as he watched her,rolling his eyes a little as he laid back in the bed, watching her take care of the kitten.

~~

Nyx sighed softly as she rested her head on his thigh, wincing a little. She’d been trying to be less.. demanding, but she was so very rarely not pushy, and in your face that she had no idea how to do it. Even now, when she knew she should leave him alone, she’d tried to hard to be what he needed. Maybe she really should just listen to him and shut up sometimes. “Okay.”She said shifting away watching him go before she got dressed. By the time he returned the woman was quiet and not sulking, just withdrawn. Willing to try harder to let him do what he needed without being demanding, though it was hard for her.

“…do you want me to call...work?I mean someone at…work…has probably realized what happened by now.”She asked, not because she wanted something from him, but she was willing to take the heat for him killing Balthazar and talk to their bosses at the police station if he wanted her to. Because she knew it was going to be ugly.

Annabel rolled her eyes and slid back down into the bed. Gently, she placed the kitten on his chest. The tiny cat began to purr, rubbing his face against Rhys' prickly chin. "Awe, see. He loves you." Leaning down, she kissed her lover's cheek and sighed. As much as she wanted to tell him that she also loved Rhys, she couldn't bring herself to do it. There was something holding her back, trying to convince her that he would not feel the same way... After a few moments, Annabel relented and cuddled up against Rhys, her head resting on his shoulder. Sleep finally took over, and sadly, morning came far too quickly.

Winston sighed. "Yes," he said, "Go ahead and let them know what has happened, but don't tell them our plans... Because I'm not sure they are legal. Things are going to be messy. They would never understand that I can't leave this business alone. I have to clean up a few messes before I can do that - if I can ever do that - or I will have some angry clients on my hands."

He shook his head and got into the shower, washing off quickly and shaving his face. After getting dressed and styling his hair, he looked at his watch. He took out his phone and began to call one of the maids that he knew he could trust, making sure the place was well-cleaned and locked down, then he called Connor.

Rhys looked down at the cat, his eye twitching a little. “The little monster needs to get away from me.”He grumbled even as he shifted around to make sure they both where comfortable and laid down to sleep. In the morning rhys frowned at the cat still laying on his chest, twisting his head to look at Annabel, smiling slightly at the sight of her sleepily watching him.”Get the little beast off me, I have things to do today.”he muttered.

“okay.”Nyx said looking a little shaken at the idea of lying to her boss, because she kknew the man was going to want some answers, biting her lip to keep from reassuring him that of course he’d get out, because she was no longer sure he would be able to. Having a feeling it was to late for them both. Moving out onto the balcony she shut the door behind her so she could talk even as he called connor.

“Such a early morning call. Someone might think you missed me.”connor snickered sleepily to himself, going easily from being fast asleep to being awake, already searching for his clothes, figuring Winston was calling him to get their day started.

"It is not a little beast," Annabel defended, sitting up and taking the sleeping kitten off of his chest, "He is just comforted by your presence... And good morning to you too." She pouted a bit and pet the kitten on the head, gently stroking its ears back. Leaning back against the head bard, she let the sheets fall to her waist, revealing her naked upper half. "What all do you have to do today? Does it involve leaving me alone in this hotel room?" She raised her eyebrows at him, because she wasn't sure what was going on, but she knew it would not be in her best interest to try to go home and go back on with her life. Her father would lock her in her room, she was pretty sure, just to make sure she was safe... And, well, she wasn't sure she could leave Rhys at all.

Winston sighed on the other end of the line, taking a sip of his coffee. "With an ass like your's, how can I not miss you from time to time?" he teased, sounding sleepy but humorous, "Actually, I was hoping you'd help me load up the girls today so that we can take the plane to Mexico tonight... Before we leave though, I'm going to look at a few houses with my reality agent. I think it would be best if I... didn't live in the house Balthazar did." He frowned at that. "I haven't told Nyx or Rhys, but I'm sure they'd agree. So I need to get the girls set up early today."

“Good morning.”Rhys said pouting a little that the cat was getting attention instead of him, he smirked as he looked over at her. “No. I’ll take you over to winston’s room. I need to know what he wants me to do.”He said though his eyes were on the breasts that she’d revealed. He might be in love with her, but the man was a sex fiend, and when there was that much flesh on display he couldn’t help himself. “After that, I don’t know what’s going to happen.”he said looking nervous because like her, he had no idea what was going to happen at home, but he knew it was going to be ugly. And even though he knew he should get moving, he couldn’t drag himself out of bed yet.

“My ass is pretty amazing. Though yours is better.”Connor grinned looking amused as he pulled on his jeans, “Hm, I dunno. Buying a house might be to soon in our relationship win. I love you, but I am married you know. My wife might have a problem with us living together.”he teased before growing serious as he crossed the hall and let himself in, hanging up the phone.”You’re right. You cant stay in that house it might…you might become more like him if you stayed where he did.”Connor said looking worried because he knew how easy it would be to become like Balthazar, knew he needed to move to get away, and maybe remain the man he is. “I’m sure they’ll understand. You ready to go?”he asked looking around for nyx, actually wondering why he was house shopping instead of her. It was just another puzzle piece for him to consider in the puzzle that was their relationship

"Don't look so sad," Annabel teased, "I'm pretty sure you got alot more of my attention than he did last night... If I remember correctly." She grinned and leaned over to kiss him on the lips, putting the kitten on the other side of the large bed and pulled Rhys down on top of her. Running her fingers through his hair and down his back, Annabel let her body melt into his... Taking a deep breath, she decided that something needed to be said before their day went on, just in case things went badly. She wanted him to know how she felt about him before things got crazy, and the death of his father started to change their lives. "Rhys, I know this isn't the best time," she whispered against his lips, her eyes still closed from the kiss, "And I know it's crazy... But I just think that I'm..." She swallowed hard, and her face went red. The words wouldn't come out of her mouth, because she feared his rejection.

Winston looked over at him and sighed, "As ready as I will ever be. I need to get Nyx. Hang on," he said, moving out on to the balcony and nodding to her, then coming back inside. "I don't want her to think I'm trying to get away from her." He smirked, and as much as he wanted to make a move on Connor right then, he knew it wasn't right at the moment.. After all, he cared for Nyx as well. "I figured that we will go house hunting, and then I will send her with a driver back to the hotel when we go to get the girls ready." He shrugged, then looked at his watch. "And I need to stop by Rhys' room before we leave. Make sure he's still sane."

“True, but it’s a ball of fluff, I’m pretty sure now that he’s actually here, he’s going to be attention grabbing.”he grumbled looking amused though at her teasing, letting her pull him on top of her, not protesting sex. He always enjoyed sex. Smiling as she ran her fingers through his hair he smiled a little looking down at her as he rubbed against her, content to tease them both with the almost touch before shivering. “Hm?”He muttered looking startled as she kissed him, kissing her back Wondering just what she wanted to say, and deathly afraid he already knew.

“ah, I see.”Connor smirked a little as he watched nyx finish her phone call before looking at Winston, raising a eyebrow, seeing the desire in winston’s eyes, looking amused. “Sounds good. Though does this mean I get a suite of rooms in your house, since I’m helping you pick it out?”he said smiling a little. “Of course, connor. I have a feeling you’ll be visiting a lot now.”Nyx said smiling as she stepped into the room, not because she was referring to his and winston’s relationship, but because all the world knew that connor and Balthazar hadn’t gotten along, to the point that the two could be violent when left in a room to long together. Connor smiled dipping his head to kiss her cheek as he walked towards the door.”Such a sweetheart.”He teased looking amused as they all stepped out into the hall, raising his eyebrows at Winston. “This is rhys we’re talking about. Is he ever sane?”

Rhys growled as he raised his head smirking as his fingers teased her nipples, groaning as he heard a knock on the door. Looking down at the woman under him he glared at the door before pushing up off her, pausing long enough to pull on his jeans before pulling open the door with a angry twist. “What?”He asked looking annoyed to find Winston standing in front of him.

Annabel looked frustrated at the idea of being interrupted, right when she was about to finally get the nerve to confess her feelings... She sighed and sat up, pulling the sheets up under her chin in an effort to not let his brother see her naked. The kitten hobbled back toward her on the bed and curled up beside her thigh, wanting her warmth.

Winston smirked at Rhys' attitude. "Well, here I was, checking on your well-being... Seems you are doing just fine," he said, nodded to the naked girl in his brother's bed, "I'm going out for the day, and I'll be taking a plane out to Mexico tonight. I'll also be looking for a new place... Dad's house can burn to the ground of I care." He shrugged and took one last look at Annabel, his eyebrows scrunched together. It seemed that, despite their talk, Rhys was getting a little too close to her. "Don't go far, okay? Not while everything is so dangerous. Stay in the hotel, and if you want to get out and do shopping or whatever, make sure it's in Boston. Connor's men should have you covered."

Rhys frowned at his brother, a light blush dusting his features. “I’m always fine with a naked woman in bed.”He grumbled not wanting to let the other know just how upset he was still with the idea of his father being dead. Even though the man had been a monster, he didn’t like the idea of knowing he was dead either. Studying Winston for a long moment he nodded, before looking at the two standing behind Winston looking amused at his state of undress.”Take care of him okay? He’s stupid sometimes. Takes chances.”Rhys said smiling a little, trusting the two people he knew that loved Winston to take care of him.

“I will. Now go, get yourself a house, and I’ll see you when you get back from mexico.”he said smiling a little though he looked worried before stepping back, shutting the door. But the reminder of the world awaiting them out there made the guilt start eating rhys, knowing that there was something he still needed to tell annbel, but he had no idea how to do it

Nyx and connor both were quiet as they headed down, nyx looking thoughtful and concerned. “he’s getting to close isn’t he?”She said after a long moment as they got into the car, turning to look at Winston, not only because she cared for the youngest skarsgard, the one who’d been stripped of his innocence so brutally with his father’s death, but because she knew it would be upsetting Winston if something happened. And watching rhys break his heart with Annabel would be hard.

Annabel leaned up in the bed and looked at him, biting her lip. "Maybe we can finish this and that nice, big bath tub?" she asked, raising her eyebrows. She wiggled out of bed and headed for the bathroom, starting to run water in the bath tub. As she waited for it to fill up, she sat on the rim of the tub and propped of her legs up in front of her. She swallowed hard, knowing she needed to tell him... She had to, or she would never forgive herself.

Winston slid in to the driver's seat and sighed. "Far too close," he admitted, starting for the high way, "I can't stop it though. I can see the way he looks at her... And there is no stopping that." Driving toward the Upper East Side, he pulled into the drive way of a modern-looking mansion with some land around it. "I want to look at this one before heading home," he said, then took Nyx's hand as they walk toward the front door. The reality agent came out side the front door, smiling, and Winston squeezed Nyx's hand.

Mansion-Luxury-Design-ideas.jpg

“Hm, playing in water is always fun.”Rhys grinned as he headed for the bathroom, smirking as he slid out of his jeans and slid into the tub next to her. Sighing softly as he closed his eyes for a moment, swallowing hard before looking up at her. “Anna?I have to tell you something.”He said his eyes dark with worry, knowing that this was going to be bad. H ejust hoped she didn’t try to kill him. “You’re father…he’s dead.”he said going for brutal honesty because he didn’t know how to tell her otherwise, he sighed softly staring at the water as he waited for her reaction.”I should have told you before, but I couldmt…so much had already happened…”

Nyx sighed softly.”This is going to be bad.”she muttered as she stared out the window, knowing that no matter what was going to happen, rhys and Annabel were going to have it hard. Eyes widening a little as she looked up at the house she smiled a little as he took her hand, squeezing a little.”It looks like a house for a man who has a fetish for exhibitionist sex.”Nyx teased, though she smiling a little, looking over the house as the realtor let them inside, walking quietly with the two men, willing to let Winston do what ever he wanted, struggling to give him the space he needed.

Connor smiled a little as he looked over the house, “She’s right. It’s a lot of windows.”Connor commented, not because he was thinking about sex with Winston, but because he knew the windows could be a weakness that a gunman could exploit.

Annabel slid into the tub with him, sitting across from him. At her words, she went rigid and her eyes went wide. "What?" she said, the color draining from her face. "Dead? Why? What happened?" She swallowed hard, completely taken off guard by the news. Here she was, about to confess her feelings, and he was telling her that her father was dead... Her expression said it all - that while she was quiet, she was not taking it well.

Winston frowned at Connor's comment, knowing where he was going with it. "Windows that could be made bullet proof, if I so choose," he said, for it was clear that he liked the house. It was beautiful and modern, veering from the vintage glamor that his father's manor held. This looked more like him, and there was plenty of room for his brother, the staff, and a few guest rooms... "Nyx? What do you think?" he asked, looking down at her with a soft expression. He was in a better mood at the moment, and he knew he had been on edge with her for a while, so he was trying to be nicer. "It has an indoor pool, too. And a spa, I believe."

Rhys winced looking down at the water, his shoulders hunching a little. “because my brother loves me more then he was willing to play whatever game my father wanted. Your father…threatened to take me down with Winston and father.”he said not about to tell her the rest, that her father had been unwilling to trade everything for her life, instead of so obsessed with taking down Balthazar that he’d been unwilling to make a deal. He just couldn’t inflict that kind of pain.

Connor nodded, “I know. But its still a consideration when getting a place.”Connor said shrugging a little willing to point out everything because he could see Winston liked the house, and why. It was so very different then the house he’d grown up in. Nyx started a little as she looked around her, turning to look up at him, flushing a little as she saw the look he was giving her. Smiling a little she grinned.”A spa would be nice.”she said before looking around her again. “Its big enough that we can all be here without falling over each other. I like it.Its…it fits you. Modern and sleek.”She said smiling up at him, blushing ever so softly because she wasn’t used to having her opinion matter, even at work, she was female, young, and less experienced then the men and they tended to just shrug off her opinions.

Annabel's eyes started to water. "So your family killed him?" she said, swallowing hard, "Because... Because he was going to turn you in to the law. You killed him for doing the right thing?" She shook her head, looking frustrated and sad all at once. "Rhys, I feel like you're not telling me something..." She glanced up at him, reaching up to wipe her eyes. She was a smart girl, and she knew when she was being lied to... And right now, Rhys was lying to her, and if he didn't tell the truth, she wasn't sure if she could forgive him for this. Her father was all she had.

Winston smiled, looking pleased at the idea of the house suiting him so well, because it did. "It needs a few changes," he said, "The windows need to be bullet proof and I want some remote control drop-down blinds. That way, we can have to option of total privacy." Looking around, he pressed his lips together. "Anything you can think of?" he asked Nyx, raising his eyebrows, "I was thinking carpet could go in the bedrooms. I don't like waking up to a cold ass floor." He wrinkled his nose at the thought of that.

“yes, we did.”he said flinching a little before sighing softly, giving her a look. “There is no such thing as the right thing. He’s been obsessed, he let his obsession get in the way.”He said looking away from her, not wanting to hurt her, swallowing hard before nodding a little. Knowing that he wasn’t going to be able to. “….father offered him a deal. Your life, for the information he had. Instead he decided to take me down with win and father instead of dealing.”he said his voice barely a muttered pained but knowing she wouldn’t have let it go if he hadn’t told her.

“A few, but not many.”Connor said smiling, looking amused.”And the shutters should be metal to, not wood. If you drop them, behind the bullet proof glass, it’ll be yet another layer of protection.”The mobster shrugged sighing a little. Nyx looked around her, nodding a little. “Carpet is good.”She laughed quietly at his reaction to the cold floor before looking around her.”Sell the other house already furnished. This one already has most of what we need, the personal touches, the beds and things, we should get new.”She said blushing, realizing she was spending more of his money but…”Leave everything behind win. Start over here.”She said shrugging a little, looking vaguely embarrassed at being put on the spot by his question

Annabel looked taken back, swallowing hard and trying to process the new information. Her eyes drooped with a sudden surge of sadness, and she leaned back against her side of the tub silently. "He... He chose taking your father down over saving me?" she asked, looking so... so betrayed. Her father was dead, leaving her with just an alcoholic mother who wanted little to do with her, and all because he would rather watch her die than back down.

Tears streamed down her face, because she knew it wasn't Rhys' fault. In fact, he made the choice to save her life over her father's life. Scooting over in the tub, she leaned in to him and rested her head on his bare chest, wanting him to hold her... He was all she had now, and that was a scary thing, because she wasn't sure he knew that. "Wow," she whispered, reaching up to wipe her eyes, "I don't... I don't even know what to do now."

~*~

Winston nodded. "Metal shutters would be a good idea," he agreed, then turned to Nyx. He smiled and leaned over to kiss her cheek. "I see you have finally gotten over your shyness when it comes to my money." He chuckled a bit and nodded. "You're right. Let's start off fresh. We can do some shopping this weekend, and you can decorate the place however you want."

Turning to Connor, he raised his eyebrows. "Well? I think this is the place. You better pick out your room." With that, he smirked and looked at his watch. "We are still good on time too. We don't need to get to Mexico until midnight tonight." Glancing at Nyx, he put her hand on the small of her back. "You can come with us, or you can stay at the hotel with Rhys. It's up to you."

Rhys winced as he looked down, his heart hurting as he watched the woman break down. Shifting he wrapped his arms around her, hating himself for not being able to lie well enough to fool her, to hide this kind of pain from her. Nodding slightly he sighed softly.”Yes….and Winston made the choice to do this…because he knew your death would hurt me. Badly.”He muttered the love for his brother in his voice, because no matter what he loved his brother for taking on the burden he had, because he knew Winston while preparing to be in charge, didn’t want to be yet, but he’d done it for him. Sighing softly he rubbed her back.

“I don’t know either. We’ll just wait and see. We’re not going anywhere yet.”

~~

Nyx blushed at his words, smiling a little. “Well, not really. Its buying stuff for you, so it doesn’t feel weird using your money for it.”She said shrugging a little before grinning, “I’ll go shopping. Though you need to come with me, we have other dressing rooms to use.”She teased looking up at him, flushing a little as she remembered with embarrassment not being able to resist him to the point they’d had sex in public.

Connor laughed, shaking his head. Amused by the woman who seemed to fit Winston so well, even if he wasn’t sure why he still didn’t believe they were really as much of a couple as they were pretending. “Well, you weren’t picky, you chose the first house you found.”Connor teased rolling his eyes a little. Nyx smiled a little as she looked up at Winston, biting her lip a little as she thought. While she didn’t really want to go, she also knew that staying at the hotel in the room by herself wasn’t a option either, she’d go insane with boredom and worry as she waited for him to return. “I’ll go with you.”

Annabel nodded against his shoulder, letting him hold and comfort her. At his words, she looked up at him through teary eyes. So Winston knew that Rhys cared about her that much? Reaching up, she caressed his cheek and sighed. "Rhys... I think I'm in love with you," she admitted sadly, "And I understand that this is not the best time, and it's definitely not the best situation... But I can't help it." She looked so sad at her revelation, her eyes still full of tears. And, sadly, he was all she had now.

Winston nodded and, after a few minutes of bargaining, wrote a check and bought the house. He sent a text to a friend of his that worked on his father's house as a contractor, told him the work he needed done, then started to head back out to the car with the others. "We will probably have to stay in the hotel for a few more days while things are being done," he said, then started to drive toward Balthazar's mansion. Instead of asking Nyx to go back downstairs where the girls are with him and Connor, he took her to his office. "We will be an hour or so," he said, "You can do some online shopping if you want. The quicker we get into the new house the better." He said, smirking, "And you might as well buy Rhys a bed... A big bed, because I have a feeling he won't be spending much of his time in it alone."

Rhys tensed at her words swalloeing hsrd as he considered what she hsd said. Winston had known that he'd cared for her before he had,and even if he admitted to himself that he cared for her, he still couldn't force the words out of his mouth. Dipping his head he pressed a kiss to her head sighing softly,and hoped she wouldn't hate him for not being ablr to say it."I care for you. And unlike faher would have, winston eouldnt be bothered eith you staying."he muttered knoeing that while winston wouldn't be happy, he eouldnt demand that rhys turn her away either.

Nyx smiled at his words as she settled at the desk,leaning up to kiss his cheek."dors he rver sleep in a empty bed?go. I'll be fine."she smulrd watching the two mrn as thry headed downstairs

Connor smiled as they walked downstaits shaking his hrad a little."yourr going to go broke. Ehat were you thinking about letting her shop?she'll spend it all."he teased looking amused as they started to get the girls resdy to go.

Annabel pulled away, looking at him with clear disappointment. She shook her head and climbed out of the tub, trying hard to not feel as lost and heartbroken as she did. "Good to know," she murmured, reaching over a towel to dry herself off with. Here she was, with a dead father and an alcoholic mother, and the man she loved did not feel the same way. Not enough to say it, anyway... Wrapping a fluffy white robe around herself, she headed back into the bedroom and flicked on the television. At the sound of Bosley's crying meows, she picked him up and placed him in her lap.

Winston shrugged. "I think she deserves to spend a little money after finding out about my relationship with you," he said, giving Connor a look. "Besides, a new house with new things will make for a fresh start." He shrugged and started to collect girls ten at a time, sending them up with the maids to be bathed and groomed. Once he got them all taken care of, he loaded them up on the plane and turned to the other man. "I'll go grab Nyx. Will you call and make sure that the staff at the beach house is expecting us?"

Rhys flinched looking down as he closed his eyes, swallowing hard to keep the tears from falling. Sighing softly as he finished washing up he swallowed hard, feeling like he’d just killed her puppy. But the man had never said I love you to anyone, not even Winston. So he was struggling, hard to give her what she wanted, but he wasn’t sure if he’d be able to. Swallowing as he finished he dressed in the sweats he’d gotten from the room service, slipping into the bed next to her, “I’ve never had a relationship like this you know. Usually I don’t care if they come and go…I’d miss you.”She said trying so hard to get what he wanted to say.

“Well, that may be true.”Connor said snickering, refusing to be upset that nyx knew about them. It just amused him. Once they got everything ready he nodded, “I will. Go.”He said waving him off back to the house.

Nyx was standing at the window when he came in, watching the thunderstorm rolling in, looking calm and collected, but there was a quiet tension in her, not because of anything happening, but because she was deathly afraid of storms. Turning to look up at him she swallowed hard, making herself not worry about the storm.”Time to go?”She muttered having given up on shopping when her fear of storms had interfered.

Annabel looked at him with sad eyes. She knew he was trying, she really did. However, at the moment, it just wasn't enough. Her father's death and betrayal, Rhys' rejection... It was all to much, and all she really wanted was for him to return her feels. She knew she couldn't make him do so, and that's what made it even harder. "I would miss you too," she said, swallowing hard, but then turned back to the television. It was clear that she was still disappointed, and because of that, she was physically and emotionally withdrawing herself from him at the moment. Right now, she just wanted to be alone with her thoughts... Sinking down into the bed, she curled up on her side with the kitten laying in front of her, and her eyes stayed on the television. However, she couldn't tell you what was on, for she was thinking too hard.

Winston stood in the door way and nodded. "Yea, time to go," he said softly, "We need to get going. The girls are loaded up, and I'd like to get there in time to get them all sold in one night... I'd rather not spend more than one night in Mexico." He frowned at the thought and looked out at the sky. "Don't worry about it. It isn't supposed to get any worse before we get there." He held out his hand to her, ready to lead her back to the car.

Rhys sighed softly watching her, nodding a little. Looking so sad before he stood, moving towards the living room.”Goodnight. Yell if you need anything.”He said his voice so carefully blank that you knew there was emotions hiding under there, his icy cold hold on his emotions making him sound like Winston for a moment. Grabbing a blanket and pillow rhys sighed quietly as he settled onto the couch and flipped on the tv, quietly watching, and for most of the night, watched the stupid infomercials, eventually falling into a restless sleep, wishing Winston was around to talk to.

Nyx smiled a little as she walked towards him.”Staying away longer would be bad.”She muttered having a feeling that to stay longer would mean things would get messy at home she slipped a hand into his, curling her fingers around his, working hard to not to cling to him as they walked back to the car. “I wasn’t worried about it.”She lied easily, hoping he’d leave it at that, so not wanting to hand him a weakness to use. Even if she knew it was a silly thought, and that she trusted him, it was still hard for her to consider willingly admitting to a fear that she’d never told anyone else about.

Annabel hated how sat he looked when he left the room, and as much as she wanted to push away her own feelings in order to comfort him, she couldn't at the moment. Right now, she just wanted to get to sleep and wake up to a better day. And with the help of a few glasses of wine from room service, she finally managed to get to sleep with Bosley curled up against her...

Winston nodded to her, not noticing her nervousness, and slid into the seat between Connor and Nyx. The plane took off, and he held her hand the whole time... And oddly enough, he had to fight the urge to not reach out to Connor with his other hand. As much as he was starting to care for Nyx, he couldn't shake his feelings for Connor either, and he hoped that maybe (just maybe) something could be arranged between the three of them one day...

Once in Mexico, Winston nodded to the beach house. Well, it was more like a mansion that happened to be on a beach. "That's the place," he said, "The auction is room is upstairs, and our clients should be arriving shortly. I'm sure they will be thrilled to see Connor here as well." He smirked at that and called out for a few of the guards to transfer the scantily clad girls inside.

In the morning Rhys sighed softly as he looked at the breakfast he’d gotten for them, looking up from his plate when he saw that she was awake. “I got us breakfast.Pancakes with real Vermont syrup. The good stuff. Win says it can make up for any sorts of a crimes, having this sugary crap.”he muttered sitting on the edge of the bed as he brought the cart of food into the room, leaning back into the headboard.

“Its…huge. Really. I think you could like fit a million normal houses in here.”nyx teased a little as they walked inside, her stomach churning at the sight of the woman. “Of course everyone will be thrilled to see me. I’m more pleasant then you.”Connor pointed out before heading upstairs with the other two, having every intention of sitting in on the auction, even if he wasn’t buying anyone.

Nyx was quiet as she walked with the two men, content in their company in a way that stuck her as odd. She so rarely got along with people, but during the flight she’d found that she had more in common with the two mobsters then she had with the police she worked with. Though she knew there were things that she needed to tell Winston about what their ‘boss’ had said when she’d called the police detective, for the moment she knew he had to focus on this. Shuddering a little as she walked into the auction room she swallowed hard, trying not to think about why they were here.

Back
Top Bottom