Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Second Chances(blair/lady)

As she spoke, Winston kept her back to her. He was leaning on the railing of the balcony, sipping his drink and looking out at the scenery. However, her use of his nickname caught his attention. He turned to her and raised his eyebrows. "I have went quite some time without someone watching my back," he grumbled, taking a gulp of his drink, "And what exactly are you going to do if they choose to turn on me? Use your fancy training from the academy? Pull the gun out of your holster from beneath your skirt? Sweetheart, this place has us far outnumbered. That's something you need to remember. Acting is what will save your ass, and that's something you need to work on."

He walked toward her, standing close enough to where he towered over her. "You want to stay?" he asked. The smell of whiskey was potent on his breath. "Fine, but don't say that I didn't warn you. My father is ruthless, and you are going to see things that will make you hate yourself for watching." He shrugged. "Every morning, I wake up hating myself for the things I've done while I was here, but I have no choice."

He looked at her for a couple long, quiet moments, then stepped back and downed the rest of his drink. He walked around her and back into the room, moving over to the closet to grab some blankets and pillows for the couch.

~*~

Annabel took the wine and downed a hefty glass of it in record time. It was clear that she was no stranger to drinking, and she was out to calm herself down with the blood red alcohol. "If you think you have any chance at getting me in your bed, than you're a moron," she said bluntly, but a smirk played on her lips.

At his words, the color drained from her face. "He wants to see me? Why?" she asked, clutching the glass of wine close to her chest, "I'm here. I'm not going anywhere. Isn't that all he wants?"

She bit her lip nervously, and her dark hair was starting to dry in waves around her face.

“True,”She sighed softly as she sipped her drink, her shoulders hunching a little. “Nothing, there is nothing I can do if they turn on you, but you deserve to have someone you can trust at your back, even if we are outnumbered.”She sighed quietly as she swirled her drink, staring down into the dark liquid. Tensing a little as she felt him getting near.

Turning her head slightly to look up at him, “I already hate myself. I don’t need your father’s help with that.”She said turning back to stare at the scenery, not about to include him on her private nightmares. Knowing he was staring at her she sighed quietly as she finished her drink before following him back inside. Raising a eyebrow as she watched him gather his blanket and pillow, huffing out a laugh.”We’re both adults you know. I’m pretty sure we can share a bed without doing anything.”She said not about to admit she felt guilty about staying in his bed when she was using him to exorcise her own demons. Saving him, helping him, meant more to her then walking away and a guarantee on living. She’d risk everything, just to be able to look in the mirror again without wanting to throw up.

~~

Rhys grinned at her.”You wouldn’t be the first to consider me a moron. But don’t worry, I wont hold that against you when you want to jump my bones.”he teased as he leaned back into the chair, making himself comfortable. “I don’t know. I try very hard to not spend a lot of time in my father’s head, it leaves me with a sick feeling after thinking about it.”he sighed softly.

“I’m sure he just wants to scare you worse. We’ll just have to see.”

Winston raised his eyebrows, placing the blankets and pillow aside. "Fine," he said, shrugging. He was drunk, tired, and not modest in anyway. Sharing a bed would not hurt his feelings at the moment, that's for sure, and if she didn't care... Well, he could deal with it. Reaching up, he pulled his shirt over his head, revealing a toned chest and stomach. He pulled his jeans off, leaving him in his boxers. His sleepy eyes made it clear that he was too tired to care if she saw his half-naked body.

He pulled the large duvet cover back and crawled beneath it, stretching out over the left side of the bed. "We better get some sleep... I have to be up at 3 A.M. to get a group of girls together for my father, which is insane," he murmured, yawning, "Because I thought he'd lay low since that auction was busted a couple days ago." He rolled his eyes and ran a hand through his hair. He was trying so hard to not look at her, because he knew if he did, he'd want her.... He'd want to get her underneath him and relieve the stress that the day had brought on.

~*~

His words did not help Annabel's nervousness. "He's not going to hurt me, is he?" she asked, concern in her voice, "I mean, I didn't even do anything. I don't deserve to be here!"

It was clear that her nerves were starting to get to her, making the realization of the situation sink in. She was so royally screwed... Pouring another glass of wine, she made the point to down it. Her hands, however, were shaking so much that some of the wine spilled on the towel she was wearing...

Nyx paused mid way through changing out of her dress, just as careless with nudity as him, to tired and stressed to care about being naked with him, but at the sight of him getting undressed she had to stop to watch him. Smiling slightly as she changed into shorts and a t-shirt, before climbing up on the bed with him, snuggling down into the bed on her side, “You would think. Normal people would consider laying low, but no one’s ever accused Balthazar skarsgard of being normal.”She muttered with a sleepy yawn as she shifted, getting comfortable.”I’ll see you in the morning.”She muttered as she fell asleep.

When he got up she stirred a little, blinking sleepily.”Win?”She muttered sitting up on her elbows, looking for all the world like one would expect from his girlfriend. Looking very comfortable in his company and worried about him. Even if they were just pretending, she was worried about him. After 4 years working in the DEA station, she’d known all about Winston skarsgard, and what kind of dealing he got into, and how isolated her bosses had left him. She had more reasons then caring about bringing down Balthazar to be there, over the years she’d wanted to look after Winston, and no one, not even her, could understand why.

~~

“I don’t know Annabel.”Rhys said scowling a little before sighing softly and getting up. Gently closing his hands over hers and making sure the wine didn’t spill anymore he urged her to her feet, “Come. Lay down. Rest. We have a few hours until we have to go see him.”he said settling her on the bed before going to his closet to dig out some sweats and a t-shirt. “Now. Rest.”He ordered looking at a loss as he looked around his room. While his father expected him to be cold, it was very hard for rhys to even attempt being cold, much less being as heartless and his brother and father could be at times.

Winston looked down at her as he slowly slid out of bed. He sighed and reached down to pat her hand like he would any other girlfriend he had in the past... The odd thing, of course, was that Nyx wasn't actually his girlfriend. This was an act... But her demeanor made it hard to not want to touch her in intimate ways.

It was still dark outside, but if he was going to get the girls ready for auction, he'd have to take care of it now. It was always best to relocate them early in the morning when it was less suspicious.

"I'll be back in a couple hours," he assured, "I just have to make sure everything is running smoothly, and then I'll be back to sleep a few more hours." He shrugged and stood up, shuffling across the room to grab some jeans and a t-shirt. "Don't leave this room, understand?" He gave her a look, then left put his jacket on a left. He made sure to lock the door from the inside before leaving, not wanting anything to happen to her.

~*~

"How am I supposed to rest?" Annabel snapped, "I'm in the house of a mob boss - a mob boss who my father pissed off." Her lower lip quivered a bit, but she snuggled down into the bed. She was scared, and as much as she hated to admit it, she wanted to be comforted and held my the man in the room. Mainly because, deep down, she could tell that the man was not like his father. She could tell that the warm personality she saw at school this past semester was no act.

"You aren't going to leave me again, are you?" she asked, looking up worriedly from the bed, "I don't want to be alone, Rhys." Reaching up, she wiped tears from beneath her eyes. Dammit. She hated being vulnerable.

Nyx sighed softly looking up at him.”okay. Be careful.I’ll see you when you get back.”She smiled a little as he patted her hand, looking slightly bemused. Though hours before he’d wanted to send her away, to not have her as his ‘girlfriend’ here they were, treating each other like more then just partners. Shifting she snuggled back into the bed to rest as she waited. Though she mostly dozed, because no matter how much she reassured herself that he could take care of himself, she just couldn’t sleep until he returned. Maybe this was going to be harder then she thought, and not for the reasons she’d envisioned. Not because of his father, but because she was going to care for the man, the more she got to know him.

~~

“Everyone rests, even when they’re here.”He said shrugging a little before tossing himself down on the bed next to her, reaching for his book. “Nope. I do have some reading to do, so lay there and rest. I’m going to read.”he said as he flipped open the book, reading about Vikings and such, because his next step, after getting through this with her, was to convince his father that he should be allowed to travel overseas to do research. Not that anyone who’d ever met Balthazar skarsgard would actually think it would happen, but Rhys still had hope.

Hours later he nudged the sleeping girl gently, “Anna?Time to get up.”he said as he moved off the bed, pausing before walking to his closet and gathering a pair of jeans and a t-shirt from a ex, much like Winston, his closet had room for ex-girlfriend clothes. Holding them out he shrugged.”You cant just keep wearing mine. You need some of your own.”

Winton returned a few hours later, looking dog tired. He shed his clothes and slid back into bed, trying to not wake Nyx up. It was still only five thirty, and he had no intention of staying up.

Snuggling back down into the blankets, he was close enough to feel her, mainly because she had shifted toward the middle while he was gone. However, he didn't care. In fact, he liked it. He wanted to be near a beautiful woman. It had been a few months since he had been laid last, and that was a once night stand. Winston was not getting any younger, and as much as he hated to admit it, he craved companionship.

~*~

Annabel looked up at him sleepily, reaching up to rub her eyes. "Great, I get to wear the last girl's clothes," she grumbled, taking them from him and putting them on. As they walked to Balthazar's rooms, she stayed close to Rhys. She hated to admit it, but he made her feel better...

Balthazar grinned at them as they entered, his vicious eyes going straight to Annabel. "Wonderful," he murmured, licking his lips. It was no secret that the man to a great perverse pleasure in having his enemies daughter, and it was even better that she was as beautiful as she was. "Rhys, tonight, I'm going to give you a lesson on how we treat captive women. This is a lesson I can your brother years ago, and I probably should have given it to you sooner. Now that you are back under my roof, I think it's time you learn what it is like to be a real member of my... business."

At his words, Annabel swallowed hard.

"Strip down, Sweetheart," he said, "And get up on the coffee table."

Annabel's eyes went wide, and she quickly glanced up at Rhys.

"DO WHAT I SAY!" Balthazar snapped. He was in no mood for her to hesitate.

At his command, Annabel jumped and whimpered. She nodded and shed her clothes, her face growing red with humiliation, and climbed on to the coffee table on all fours. Meanwhile, Balthazar started to roll up his sleeves. "Son, get me a whip," he ordered, nodding to the wall of whips and paddles that hung on the far wall.

Nyx barely stirred when he came back into the room, shifting to make sure he was comfortable, content to be with him, falling into a more restful sleep now that the man was back. Hours later Nyx yawned sleepily as she pressed her cheek down into the pillow she was using, not wanting to move, tensing a little when she realized that it wasn’t a pillow she was using, but winston’s chest, having snuggled right up against him when he’d gone back to sleep, it had been a long time since she’d actually slept next to someone, and wasn’t a real surprise that she’d snuggled up to him.

“Morning.”She muttered shifting back, trying to figure out how to get away from him without really waking him up.

~~

“Hey, its better then going naked.”Rhys said shrugging a little as they walked to his father’s rooms, watching his father even as his stomach turned over. He knew that look in his father’s eyes, and even if he didn’t remember, the child inside remembered the man killing his mother, and knew just what kind of cruelty the man was capable of. Swallowing hard he nodded. “Yes, father.”he said looking vaguely curious, wondering what lesson his father could be giving, paling slightly at the order. Oh, this was not going to be fun.

Turning away to get the whip he took a moment to find the one he wanted, picking up the deerskin flogger, choosing the softer straps,even if he knew his father would send him back for the leather one, he had every intention of having sex with her, which meant not hurting her to badly.”Remember, I do want to have sex with her. Don’t hurt her to badly, sex with crying women is never fun.”He said as he handed over the whip, despite his earlier kindness to her, the words were cold and his face emotionless.

Winston grumbled something unintelligible, pulling the blankets up and tighter around him. He may nearly be thirty years old, but the man was an absolute baby in the mornings. "Not yet," he whined, refusing to open his eyes. And oddly enough, he was not pulling away from her. His muscled arm had managed to drift around her during the night, and he made no move to recoil it. In fact, he pulled her closer and pressed his face into her air, inhaling the smell of her shampoo...

He knew he was making a mistake by doing this, but his body and mind had urges, and those urges involves being wrapped up in bed with a beautiful woman until at least nine a.m.

~*~

Balthazar smirked a bit at his son's words. "You will have plenty of time to fuck her, Son, but tonight... Tonight, we are going to make her realize exactly how much danger her father put her in by nosing around in my business." Taking the whip, he smirked at the pretty girl on the table in front of him, taking a moment to caress her perky ass with his free hand.

"See, you make them strip down for humiliation purposes," he said, looking over to his son, "It makes the pain even worse."

A deadly smirk spread across his face, and with out another word, he reared his arm back and began to whip Annabel like a bad race horse. She screamed and sobbed, letting her tears slide down her face and on to the cool surface of the table. The pain was unbearable, and she had lost count of how many times he whipped her. By the time he was done, her ass thighs had large red whelps...

Balthazar pulled back and looked at his word with a smirk. "Now," he said, "That will do for tonight, I think. Tomorrow, I might just see what experience she received at those fraternity parties." A perverse grin played on his lips as he reached down and groped her between the legs for a few moments.

Pulling out his phone, he took a couple pictures of the beaten and sobbing girl, then nodded toward the door. "Take her back to your rooms and make good use of her," he said, winking at his son, then disappeared into his bedroom for the night.

Nyx sighed osftly as she stopped fighting to get free, letting the man keep her there. Not really wanting to move away anyways. She missed being held, and even if they were just pretending to be dating, it was nice to have someone there.”Not yet?Aren’t you to old to be whining.”she teased amused as she woke up more. Despite it being just about 8:30, the woman was awake, and even if she didn’t want to, she knew they probably should get up, and do something.

But the woman was comfortable in his arms, more then she had any right to, and she didn’t want to move away.

~~

“Ah, well I strip my women down for other uses.”Rhys said with a perverted little smile as he watched the girl and his father, refusing to get sick. The man was ready to throw up all over his father’s shoes by the time he was done. “Goodnight.”He said nodding towards his father as the man left the room, refusing to get sick. He had long wondered why Winston was cold and isolated in his dealings, and if this was the lesson his father had given his elder brother, he could understand why Winston was the way he was.

Walking over to her he looked down at her, before picking her up, careful to not lay his arms over her welted back any more then he had to, walking back to his bedroom and putting her in the bed, “Lay on your stomach, it’ll help.” He muttered as he looked down at her, before getting up and moving to the bathroom. Getting a cool washcloth he sat on the edge of the bed, gently starting to wipe her back down, knowing the cool water would help some.

Winston chuckled a bit, shaking his head. "This coming from the one who got to sleep all night," he pointed out, "I can whine if I want."

After a few moments, be pulled himself away from her. He had to remember, she was off limits... She had to be off limits.

Standing and stretching, be pushed a button on the intercom and ordered for the kitchen staff to bring up a pot of coffee and some breakfast. He walked across the room, put on his robe (which had a pack of cigarettes in the pocket), and walked out on the balcony for a morning smoke. He had not always smoked, but for the past few years, it was the only thing he had to relieve his stress, especially when sex was off the table.

~*~

Annabel sobbed into the pillow. She was in so much pain, and she was so humiliated... She wanted to just die.

"Nothing will make this feel better," she murmured, hugging the pillow close. How what it possible to feel so lonely when she literally had a man tending to her wounds as she spoke. "I want to go home. I want to go to sleep and wake up in my bed... I want this all to be a fucking nightmare."

She swallowed hard and looked up at him with red-rimmed eyes. Even though it was sick thing to wish for, she wanted him to hold her and comfort her. She needed so badly to have someone tell her things were going to be okay, when they clearly were far from okay.

"You're not like him," she whispered, watching him place the cool towel on her behind. "I can tell... It's an act when you are around him."

“I didn’t sleep well”she said watching him, rolling on her stomach as she stretched out over the bed to watch him, flushing a little as she realized she was watching him for the sheer pleasure of seeing a mostly naked man walk around his room, instead of wanting to talk to him. Stretching she sighed a little as he smoked,”You’re going to kill yourself with those you know.”She said frowning a little as she closed her eyes, enjoying just staying in bed. Even though she was awake, she never got to just lay around in bed.

~~

Rhys sighed a little.”I know, but it would do no good to let this get infected either.”He pointed out after he wiped her up, frowning a little as he swallowed.”this is going to hurt. Sorry.”He apologized as he poured a small amount of hydrogen proxide on her back, making sure they were clearn before setting the towel and the medicine to the side as he looked down at her.

“No its not.”He said simply frowning at her, annoyed that she could even consider he wasn’t nearly as cold as Winston or his father. He tried, he tried so hard to not let this bother him, but it seemed that the youngest skarsgard was incapable of being cold.

Winston looked over his shoulder at her, letting out a puff of smoke into the morning air. He let out a throaty chuckle and rolled his eyes. "Oh, like living in this house won't eventually get me killed?" he asked, raising his eyebrows, "I need the stress relief, trust me. If I had another outlet, I may put the smokes away, but as of now... Well, the alternative is off the table."

He turned back to the scenery, trying to not think about getting between her legs. Damn. He could use a good fuck at the moment.

"My father has officially sent Detective Abernathy a video and photos of his daughter," he said, wincing at the thought. He'd seen the pictures of the whipping, and it wasn't pretty. Poor girl. "He sent it to his home, not the station. Part of the deal is that he cannot say anything to the feds. She's a missing person that will only be missed by him."

~*~

When the peroxide was poured on to her back, Annabel let out a scream and pressed her face into the pillow beneath her head. It took several moments to compose herself, and when she did, she looked up at him with red-rimmed eyes.

Annabel stubbornly shook his head. "This shit is an act. I know it," she whispered, then sniffed, "All semester, I saw a guy who was intelligent and clearly had goals of better things. A guy who wasn't afraid to sit in the front of the class, take notes, and show others that he wasn't some typical frat guy on scholarship for football." She frowned a bit and slowly rolled to her side, sitting up on one of her elbows. She was close to him - close enough to still feeling his arm resting beside her on the bed.

“Well, it will, but at least that death would be more pleasant than anything the cigarettes will give you.”She said before frowning at his back as he turned away. Wondering what his normal alternative to cigarettes was, before flushing as she realized what he had to mean. “I could always spend the night somewhere else, if you want to have sex.”She said shrugging, because she of all people, knew that fidelity wasn’t something that was expected of mob sons, so no one would find it odd that she was allowing her ‘boyfriend’ to have sex elsewhere.

Sighing softly as she considered what the detective had to be going through, “Well, it could be worse. I cant think of anything right now, but it could be.”She said her stomach in knots as she considered the girl. She wanted nothing more then to walk down and let Annabel out of rhys’ rooms, she wouldn’t put either herself or Winston in that situation unless things went totally wrong. “

~~

Rhys winced as she screamed, sighing softly as he watched her. He knew it wasn’t the best solution, but it was the best he could do. Frowning at her a little as she shifted to lean back against the headboard as he laid next to her, he turned his head to look down at her.

“You do know I did go to school on a football scholarship right?”He muttered looking amused at her words, because while he had gone on a sports scholarship, he’d also had one for academic studies. While he was your typical jock, the man was also intelligent and wanting a life beyond just the mob son. He was the youngest, he could be indulged and babied, and he was most definitely working on convincing his father to let him travel overseas to do his thesis. Because that’s the only thing he had left to get his master’s degree, to do the fieldwork, and write his thesis. But he just knew that it wasn’t going to be easy to get Balthazar to go along with it.

“I went to school to have a excuse to leave here for awhile. Now I’m back, and having every intention of following win’s footsteps.”

"You don't know my father very well," Winston murmured, taking another drag of his cigarette, "He has no limitations, no conscience. He will make things worse if he feels that he should." He swallowed hard and shook his head. Things were going to get much, much worse, and they did not have the time to be optimistic...

Turning to her, he smirked. "Is that what you think I want? To send you away so I can call up another girl," he asked, looking absolutely amused, "You are quite unaware of what you look like, aren't you?" He rolled his eyes and put out his cigarette, wrapping the robe tighter around himself as he walked back inside. "You are a smart girl. I know that. I read your files, after all, but damn."

He started to walk toward the bathroom, kicking the shower on. This was going to get him in some deep trouble, and he knew it.

~*~

"Really? You played football?" Annabel murmured, sitting up on her elbows, "I guess that's what I get for tailgating." She sniffed, smirking a bit. It seemed that she was trying, despite the situation, to calm down.

Tilting her head to the side, she sighed. "I don't believe you. I think you believe yourself because it's something you've told yourself for so long." Her big brown eyes connected with his, and for a moment, she nearly forgot that she was in his bed because she was nearly whipped to death. She couldn't help it. He was a handsome, and she felt something... She felt something deep within him that told her he was different.

She sighed. "Can I finish that wine off?"

“No I don’t, but I know men like him extremely well.”She said a slight frown on her face that said she wasn’t really aware of what she’d said, only that she’d responded to him. He distracted her, to the point that she wasn’t watching what she was saying, if he kept it up, she was going to end up telling him everything the cops didn’t know about her, and that would be a disaster as past and present collided.

Flushing a little as she looked up from where she was laying tangled in the bed she tilted her head a little. “Well, it would be better then smoking.”She said before flushing at his words, shrugging a little. “I know what I look like.”She said watching him come back inside, though there was a pain deeper in her eyes as she studied him. She got ready for the day, had even learned to do her makeup, without ever looking in the mirror. So for a beautiful woman, she really had little clue on just how beautiful she was, she avoided looking at herself whenever she could.

Watching him go to the bathroom she frowned before following him in, settling onto the sink as she sat crossed legged on the counter. While she didn’t know what she looked like, the woman was extremely comfortable with being nude, or being around naked people. So it didn’t disturb her at all to consider he was getting in the shower. She wasn’t even thinking about sex or being near him naked, she was just continuing their talk where she could hear him answer. Dressed in a pair of shorts and a tank top, she looked comfortable and completely oblivious to her effect on him.

~~

“All four years,sweetheart.”He muttered teasing her a little before smirking. “You should have watched the game, instead of just tailgating. You whould have remembered me as quarterback.”he teased before sighing, glad to see that she was managing to calm down a little.

“Well, you should. Not believing me will just get you hurt later.”he warned closing his eyes before shifting to lay down, getting ready to go to sleep before nodding. “Go ahead I don’t want any.”he said closing his eyes as he started to relax, letting her do what she wanted. He needed to get some sleep, because he had a feeling the next day wasn’t going ot be any easier then today had been.

Winston raised her eyebrows at her, watching as she perched herself atop the bathroom counter. Not about to be the prude in the situation, he dropped his robe and boxers, letting her see him in all of his naked glory - sculpted chest, stomach, and abs... And a large morning erection. He smirked at her and opened up the glass door of the grand shower, revealing it's water fall-like shower head.

"You know, I understand that I was supposed to keep my partner close at all times, but I didn't realize that meant I couldn't even shower alone," he said, chuckling a bit. He stepped inside and shut the door, but it didn't do any good. Anyone could see through the clear glass walls...

After soaping down, washing his hair, and shaving, Winston walked out and began to dry off.

"You need to be careful," he warned, a hint of lust in his eyes, "I may not be as ruthless as my father, but I have inherited a few of his qualities... Qualities that you want nothing to do with."

~*~

Annabel rolled her eyes stubbornly, but dropped the subject. She reached over and grabbed the bottle of wine, drinking the last half of it straight from the bottle...

That next morning, Annabel had her naked body splayed half way across Rhys, her leg tangled within his, and her had resting on his chest. It seemed the wine had left her feeling cuddly, or atleast drunk enough to think it was her boyfriend she was sleeping with.

Nyx smirked as her eyes slid over his body, refusing to be blush as she’d come in and sat down. But the girl so wanted to leave before she did something they both regretted. Laughing at his words she shrugged a little, “Well, I’m bored, I’d let you shower alone if I had something else to do. But watching you shower is the only entertainment you’re providing me with, so you can just wash up for my entertainment.”She grinned a little, her blue eyes darkening a little as she watched him, lust and amusement in her look before looking away.

“I’m always careful.”She muttered looking up at him, tilting her head slightly. Studying the naked man in front of her as she considered him before raising her eyebrows a little.”are you so sure of that?”She asked looking and sounding serious, wondering what he’d say.

~~

Rhys frowned a little as he looked down at the woman cuddled against him, for the first time having no idea what to do with a woman when she was sleeping on him. Swallowing hard as he slid his fingers into her hair, gently stroking her hair, trying to wake her gently.

“Annabel?”He muttered gently, trying to wake her without freaking her out. Granted he knew that it was probably useless to try and not have her panic on him, but he tried. Even if it wasn’t what his father wouldn’t want him to do, he was being kind.

Winston wrapped the towel around his waist and walked over to her. The man, while often cold and quiet, was not shy. He leaned into her, placing his hands on either side of her, trapping her between him and the counter. His height had him towering over her, even with her sitting on the counter. "You see, I may be the 'good guy' undercover," he murmured in a husky tone, "But I am very much a mob boss' son. I was raised within these walls, I have seen things that you can not even imagine... I may not believe in it, but I am used to it. It has scarred me in ways that makes me far from the cuddly, sweet men you are probably used to being around."

Her reached up and took her chin between his index finger and thumb. It was not forceful, but it was assertive. "There is a reason I have been able to do this so long, and that is because I can shut my emotions off like a light switch."

~*~

Annabel stirred, moving closer to him. Her dark hair was a mess around her face, but in a cute way. While she was a woman, she was also young. There was something still very youthful and innocent about her appearance, which made her surroundings look even more daunting around her.

"Oh," she said, looking startled when her eyes finally opened. She blushed, scooting over enough to where her body was dangling over him, but she was still close. "Uh, sorry... I... I had a lot to drink last night." She nodded toward the empty bottle on the night stand. Pulling the sheets up to cover her breasts, feeling all out of sorts.

Nyx looked up at him, flushing a little as he moved over to her, straightening a little as the man trapped her against the counter, shifting a little, her legs spreading just enough to rest along the outside of his hips as he leaned into her. Snickering a little at his choice of words.”Hmm, you might be a good guy to have under the covers.”She teased a little before sighing softly, her eyebrows pulling together a little, her expression darkening.”Don’t talk like you know me, win.You have no right.”She muttered looking annoyed with his assertion that she had no idea what she was dealing with before letting him move her head, raising her eyebrows a little as he took charge.

“You need to get out of here, Winston.”She said her voice tinged with sadness, because she knew he’d been here to long, that it scarred him in ways that she could never help with, but knowing that, made just a feeling of sadness tighten her chest, she just wanted to hug him.

~~

Rhys smiled a little looking amused at her reaction before laughing softly.”Oh, I don’t mind being cuddled by a beautiful woman. But since you said there was no chance in hell you’d sleep with me, I thought you’d be upset to find yourself wrapped around me.”He said snickering a little before watching her, his eyes drawn to staring at her breasts as she pulled the blanket up.

“You want something to eat?”He asked as he sat up, before tearing his eyes away from her as he stood, starting to get dressed as he got ready to go find something to eat.

Winston dropped his hand from her face, but did not step back. He looked down at her with his icy blue eyes. "I tried to get out of her nearly ten years ago," he said in a low voice, "I went to the only people that could get me out of her, and do you know what they did? They convinced me I was safer here. That if I ran, my father would find me and kill me just like ki-."

He stopped, realizing what he almost said. The blood drained from his face at the thought of his mother and the fact that he nearly mentioned her for the first time in twenty years... Shaking his head, he stepped back and turned away from her, rubbing a hand over his face. It seemed she had struck a cord with Winston, leaving him in need for another cigarette.

~*~

"Well, I may have slept in the same bed as you, but we didn't have sex," Annabel quickly pointed out. She sat up in the bed, keeping the sheet wrapped around her as she looked up at him. Her stomach was growling so loud that she couldn't even pretend to protest. "You think your fancy maids can whip up an omelet and pancakes?" she asked, tilting her head to the side. "Normally I'm watching what I eat, but I assume that doesn't matter any more. Might as well eat what I want."

She looked down at her lap and sighed. Annabel had always had a bit of a problem with eating, for she was always nervous about not being pretty or thin enough. She was always working out or drinking smoothies at home... It didn't help that her boyfriend liked to pinch her stomach and tell her she needed to hit the gym.

“I know, and I’m sorry. I wish they had wanted to help you, more then they wanted to build a case against your father.”She whispered her eyes so sad as she looked up at him. Resting her head back against the mirror she looked up at him, looking startled at him stopping before leaning forward quickly, wrapping her hands around his arms, knowing that if he fainted or something, she wouldn’t be able to keep him from falling, but she still tried to offer him support.

“Win?”she whispered looking worried for him, before swallowing hard, wincing a little as the man stepped back from her, dropping her hands to her lap, her shoulders slouching ever so slightly. Looking defeated, “I’m sorry…”She said sighing a little as she rubbed her hands over her face before slipping off the counter, “We should go shopping today.”She offered softly, hesitantly. Wanting to give him a reason to leave the house, wanting him away from what he upsetting him. Though she knew she probably should offer to leave him, since she was the one upsetting him.

~~

“hm, so you think. You were drunk, you could have jumped me and begged for sex.”he grinned, that grin that said he was just teasing her. He was a playboy yes, but he was above seducing women when they were so blindingly drunk that they had no choice, or wouldn’t remember it. His pride wouldn’t let him consider rape, since he knew he was good looking enough to seduce anyone, so rape just rubbed him the wrong way. Frowning at her words he studied her, trying to figure out what she meant.

“I think they can deal with that.”he said after a moment, realizing there was no safe way of telling her she looked fine without getting bashed outside the head with a pillow for coming onto her. Dialing down the the kitchens he smirked a little as the maid agreed to bring up their food before collapsing back onto the bed. Wondering what his day was going to be like.”I’m going to go see my brother. Do you want to meet him, since you are staying here, or hide out in my room and wait for the food?”He offered, because he wanted her, and he didn’t want to sleep with her when she was so upset. And well, while he knew Winston to be cold, he also knew that his brother had a soft spot for helpless women at times, and there was no one more helpless then Annabel at the moment. Which meant maybe he’d protect her if something happened.

Winston turned to look at her, shaking his head. "It's not your fault," he mumbled, walking to the closet to throw on a pair of jeans and black, form fitting t-shirt. After he was dressed, he moved back to the balcony and lit a cigarette. Thankfully, his father was supposed to be gone for the weekend. The slave auction was out of town, so Balthazar was taking advantage of a few days away at one of his favorite resorts. He had invited Winston, but he declined in favor of spending a few days in bed with his "new girlfriend". And then, of course, Rhys was being left in charge of the detectives daughter...

"Shopping?" he asked, turning to her with a raised eyebrow, "I suppose we could spend a day out. Get you a few new things, which would be expected in my father's eyes. He believe in doting women, just not treating them like humans... We will go after breakfast. My brother sent a text earlier this morning saying that he was going to come up for a visit."

~*~

Annabel sighed, biting her lip. "I... suppose I could go with you," she said, hoping that his brother was not like his father. The thought of two vicious Skargard men scared her, which was odd, because she just spent her night cuddled up to the thirt Skarsgard.

Standing up, she let the sheets fall from her body as she walked toward the place where her clothes from last night still laid. As she got dressed, she took special care in avoiding the bruises and whelps on her behind. "Can we eat breakfast there? I really am hungry," she said, looking at him with a sigh.

Nyx studied him before nodding a little as she got up, following him into the bedroom. “Yes, shopping. I didn’t pack a lot, and you said we could get some clothes and such. Make it look like I really am moving in here.”She said blushing a little, because she didn’t want to consider that she was actually spending his money. It seemed wrong to let him treat her like a girlfriend when she really wasn’t.

“He’s in over his head isn’t he?He seems…kind.”She said frowning a little at the mention of his brother as her stomach growled,”Can we get breakfast though?I’m kinda hungry.”She said smiling slightly as she settled down on the couch watching him smoke, not wanting to consider just how his brother could get into trouble with the detective’s daughter. She just knew whatever happened, this wasn’t going to be good.

~~

“Good. If…if something should happen to me, or you need help and can’t get ahold of me, talk to Winston. He’ll see that you’re taken care of.”he said frowning slightly, because he hated having to warn her, but he felt the need to prepare, even if he didn’t understand the need. He knew his father could be dangerous to everyone, even him. Especially if he didn’t do exactly what Balthazar would expect. So he believed in being prepared.

“Yea, I’ll get breakfast sent up for us all.”he said calling down to the kitchen again to have breakfast sent up enough for four, before walking out into the hall with her, resisting the urge to pick her up and carry the hurt woman. Knocking on winston’s door he winced a little, hoping that the two on the other side weren’t indulging in early morning sex. There was few things he hated worse then interrupting his brother’s sex life, since it was so rare for Winston to actually give into the need to have sex.

Winston let out a frustrated sigh. "Too kind," he sighed, "It's because, in an odd way, Father coddled him. Now Rhys is going to be in for a very rude awakening, I'm afraid." He frowned and took a drag from his newly lit cigarette, letting out the puff of smoke through his nose. "I just hope that he doesn't become too attached."

"Sure, we will shop," he said, "It would be pretty normal to take my girlfriend on a shopping spree. We'll get you some clothes and a few things for my wing of the house... You need a new car too."

Turning toward the knock at the door, Winston put his cigarette out. "Come on in, Rhys."

He was not surprised at all to see the girl with him. He wanted to be surprised, but he wasn't. Rhys was just not cut out to be the man in charge of a captive. He was a ladies man, and despite the circumstances, Annabel was a beautiful damsel in distress.

"Dammit, Rhys," he sighed, "You know Father would have your ass if he saw that you had her dressed and walking around so casually. Why don't you just give her your fucking car keys?"

While his words were harsh, making Annabel blush and look at the floor, he was not loud or angry. He was just doing what older brothers normally did to their younger brothers, and oddly enough, it was in a loving way...

Annabel stood behind Rhys, way too nervous to make eyecontact with Winston or Nyx.

Back
Top Bottom