Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Riders (Sirix and Abby)

sirix

Supernova
Gremin is sitting on the boat's deck as the cliff that holds the Hall comes in sight. He looks up the face until he can finally see the Hall of the Riders, a grand building with dragon cravings from all 4 races, oaks from the near by forest makes up the builds and some metals from the Beors adorns the sides and makes for some very handsome inlet designs . Gremin just stares at it as the boat float closer to the dock at the foot of the cliff.

The young man steps onto the dock and fixes his medium length brunette hair, his black clothes and cloak accenting his average body and fitting his 6' body well.

RE: New Riders

Raina was in hatchling nursery when she heard the horn signaling the arrival of new riders. Smiling as she set down one of the newly hatched wild dragons, she left the nursery to the meeting hall. Taking her place among the older riders, she waited for Eragon-elda to introduce their newest companion. In the back of her mind she could feel Amethyst's excitement about the new arrival. As she always was of course. She watched with interest as Gremin was led into the hall. For a human he was rather good looking but he seemed to be very young.

Gremin saw Eragon was standing in the middle of the Hall and instantly knew that new comers where a big deal. Eragon starts to talk as the 4 new comers come to stand in the middle of the grand Hall. "I welcome all of you to the Rider's Hall. If you are to truly be Riders, this will become your second home, where you come to learn all the arts of the Riders, from the 4 languages to the art of swordplay to how to dragon work. You will all have a volunteer of the older riders start your training in weapon mastering, survival skills and many other non-Rider oriented skills while we wait to see if an egg hatches for you. Once an egg has hatched you will become a full trainee and your mentor will start to train you in all aspects of being a Rider." Eragon stops for a second, looking a little winded which all of the older Riders now is just a little humor about his long speech.

Gremin watches Eragon now turns towards the older riders. "Now, for the volunteers, most of you know the rules, you need to have been here at least a year and be caught up with your own studies for the entire time, no one is allowed to mentor a newcomer of the same race. So if you think your up to the challenge, please step out of the crowd and stand behind the one you wish to mentor." Gremin hearing this starts to scan the crowd wondering who, if anyone, would try to mentor him.

Raina was one of the first riders to stand. She had been there for almost a decade and was one of the most skilled of the riders. Before now, she had no interest in being a mentor, for she was far too busy with her studies and she was highly involved in raising dragons. But this time she decided she would take a new rider to help train. There were no elves in this group of riders, so she could mentor any that Eragon-elda wished.

Walking up to the front of the hall to join the volunteer riders, she nodded to Eragon and waited until no more volunteers stepped forward. Then, Eragon chose four of the volunteers, including herself and paired them with the potential riders. Raina was paired with Gremin, which, surprisingly, pleased her. He seemed like he was intelligent and would be a quick study. Eragon knew she had little patience.

Gremin was secretly hoping for an Urgal mentor so he could learn their customs easier, but seeing that he was paired with a beautiful elf was an easily better constellation pairing for. Smiling at the young elf as she turned to look at her new apprentice. "This year may have gotten a whole lot better" Gremin tries to make a side comment to himself, hoping not many, if anyone, would notice his words.

"Hello my name is Gremin," He greets her in Elfish, making the proper gestures to her when she walked up to him.

Raina, of course, heard his words. Her elven senses easily picking up on the muttered common tongue. She chose to ignore it though, brushing it off as his immature youth. She nodded to him, looking over the young man critically. "I am Raina. You are to meet me on the training grounds with your weapon of choice tomorrow an hour after sunrise. You are to bath and be clean shaven before you come." She realized that she may sound a bit harsh but she was not going to have him thinking that dragon rider training would be easy. He would learn quickly that simply because she was a woman would not make his life easier.

She spoke in elfish so Gremin didn't catch every word she said but understood what she wanted. "Yes, Raina, I will meet you there." Gremin replies back in Elfish. I might need to explain I don't know this language 100% yet, he thinks to himself. Knowing he won't be able to piece this together in the ancient language he switches to his native tongue. "Where will I be staying, are there any dorms?" Gremin looks around and sees everyone talking to some one, either what looks like friends and a few oblivious mentor's to appetencies meaning that nothing really to important was happening yet.

Raina held back a soft sigh, she disliked talking in the common tongue, it was far to easy to be dishonest and it was a rather dull language in her opinion. However, seeing that he didn't speak the ancient language fluently, she would need to switch for now. What would the purpose of her instructions be if he couldn't understand her? "In a few moments you will be led to the male dormitories. You will receive proper garments for your training there as well as be given supper. I suggest you take your time to sleep and not stay up with the dwarves drinking like they often feel the need to do."

Chuckling a little at the sleep comment Gremin tells his new mentor, "I have no love of dwarf ale. Much to strong. Thank you for help. I hope to learn your language quickly, its much more elegant and beautiful then my own." Gremin starts to give a small bow unconsciously, stopping himself before he actually does resulting in a jerking motion. This elf in front of him for some reason seemed to bring out his royal court etiquette, and her demeanor seemed royal like. "I'm sorry if my mannerism are......odd. My father brought me to all of his events, and so I sometimes fall into my court etiquette when it is not really needed." Gremin smiles a little sheepishly knowing that he was rambling.

Raina simply nodded to him. "When you are surrounded by the ancient language constantly and using it, it will soon come naturally. It should be like breathing, comfortable without thinking." One of the senior male riders called for them to lead off Germin and the others to show them their dorms before Rains had a chance to remark about his etiquette. "remember. Training grounds an hour after sunrise." She said simply before turning and leaving.

The senior showed them to a series of small buildings, each for a different year probably. Gremin and the rest of the new arrivals were ushered into the first building and where they found a few empty beds near the end wall. Not what any were used to, but they would adapt easily. Once he got his stuff settled, Gremin got ready and went to bed when they "lights out" call was made.

The next morning Gremin woke before sunrise, as was a norm for him. He tried to get ready quietly, not wanting to wake anyone up. Once he was ready, the sun was just coming up, so he left for the training grounds grabbing his two swords. He wanted to get loose and stretched, may be get a little tumbling and free running practice done before Raina got there to start his real training.

Back
Top Bottom