Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Machida V Shogun2

OverlordMatt

Planetoid
Any other MMA fans on blue moon? If so tell me who your pick is for the second fight.

As a Machida fan, I was pulling for him but honestly thought Shogun had won. One of the best demonstrations of incredible precision striking from two of the best fighters in their weight class. I think Machida will have the advantage in the rematch, the first fight ending up almost like a feel out round. He'll be sure to bring in some other great Muay Thai guys to prepare him.

Alright so tell me who will win and why.

If you're not an MMA fan or didn't see the fight go watch it anyway. Or just say hi.

Machida:
Machidaknees.gif

Shogun:
shogun_finish.gif

Machida is an amazing fighter, especially incorporating his style of Karate into Mixed Martial Arts. After the first war they went through, obviously Shogun proved he could defeat him despite some mixed views from the scorecards. As for the rematch, my support goes for the Dragon once again. Shogun chances to defeat him seem lowered, with Machida realizing what weaknesses he had during their confrontation.

Other than that, looking 50/50. In other news, Brock Lesnar is back in the UFC and will face the winner of the Carwin vs Mir fight. I prey the undefeated Carwin wins, cause personally a Brock/Mir 3 seems too soon. xD​

No confirmed date as of yet, though after the fight it was heavily hinted that both of these guys will have a future rematch. Until then, I do not see anyone else removing Machida's undefeated streak

Machida had surgery on his hand after the fight. Rematch is supposed to be at UFC 113 in Montreal on May 8. It's going to be intense to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom