Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Steampunk Airship Roleplay

Alenaeon

Star
This RP will focus on a crew aboard an airship, at least initially. I'm thinking this would allow the people to take it to a wide variety of settings while also providing a bit of conflict especially if they adopt a piratey lifestyle.

As it goes on they get a bigger airship and more people in the crew, and it can move on from there. This thread, obviously, is to see if anyone would be interested in trying to do that?

As the title implies, I'm thinking steampunk technology so slightly futuristic but with clockwork/steam power. I don't want to worry too much about the tech level but the characters interaction with each other and how the players envision the world.

Hell ill try it if it gets more interest, you could probably make it an open group but require people to either join up on an existing ship, or get a small group together to start their own ship and you make an air ship armada

I can get into this. Will there be any fantasy or sci fi elements such as races? Or strictly Realism within it's steam punk setting? For example, strictly human? Or are furry's, nekos, and elf's etc etc allowed? If not, can they be allowed as a cosmetic choice. (Like in Shadowrun, posers who want to be other races can sacrifice essence to have them surgically appear as an Elf or Ork. This is purely cosmetic and gives them none of the traits or benefits.)

I also say this, in reference to possible magic. Dont yell at me, steam punk has magic in some cases. It just is not very heavy. So does cyberpunk. (Remember that thing I talked about up there... What was it called? Oh ya! ;) Shadowrun lol. Cyberpunk with magic.)

Hmm. Slightly interested. Perhaps playing a shadowy gentleman, who seems to know far more than he should? I'm up for it, let me know if this gets off the ground.

Alright. Going on the suggestions listed, I'm thinking of converting this to an open RP. People attach themselves to a ship, from there it can be expanded on. As for magic and whatnot, I'm for it but I'd like to gather peoples opinions on that. Still, glad to see this got a bit of interest.

So if you are reading this. Please Answer:
Opinion on making Open Group?
Should Magic be included?
Should fantastical races be included?

Please and thank you.

Im throwing in my support too :3

I vote no on open group
I think magic should be incorporated
And if there are other races limit to one or two

well since I suggested open I'm going with that

I think a more steam punk style of "magic" be made, ex. a glove that spurts fire, or the like

agree with Kuro, Human and another 2 at max

My only fear with open group style is it can be a bit too fluid, with less structure and than people get overwhelmed or lost because some details can be forgotten.

Well, here is my vote:

Opinion on making Open Group? No, closed
Should Magic be included? Sure, why not?
Should fantastical races be included? Sure, why not?

Alright, I'm going to need to do a bit of work but anyone who wants to assist me can PM me. I'll work out the details with you there. The group will remain closed, some magic and some fantasy will be allowed. It's going to have a slight post apocalyptic feeling involving clockwork golems rising up and killing massive amounts of the world. The players will be aboard a ship and be forced to scavenge what resources they can, dealing with other survivors and the golems themselves.

I could be interested here if it begins to take off. Let me know if you need any help with plot or anything. Shoot me a PM if this kicks off for sure!

Opinion on making Open Group? No, closed
Should Magic be included? Sure, why not?
Should fantastical races be included? I would love furries to be involved.

Well thank you all for the offers of assistance and the votes. I've got a basic plot in mind to kick start it, although people are encouraged to have ideas to contribute as well. Right now, well my primary thing is that I need a name for this group. Otherwise, I would advise that people figure out how they want to get into this. Unless a better idea is thrown out, the group will be a bunch of raiders (Because you have to do that to survive in this world) and the PCs will either have been a part of the crew, or are just now joining. If your character was a part of the crew, expect a PM and I will give you a little background information.

I like the name suggested above.

As for me, I'd like to be a criminal mstermind that was hired onto the crew. Perhaps we upgrades the ship and keeps it running.

Back
Top Bottom