Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Trouble Shooting (Alpha Zero and elliecheers)

AlphaZero

Dracula's not an Avenger? That lying fuck!
Max's sneaked feet slammed against the sidewalk as he tore through the crowded streets in a dead run, pushing past people and nearly bowling over some old lady.

He risked a quick glance at his watch, he had four minutes left. With little regard for himself he ran into the street, nearly getting hit by several cars trying to cross the green light and sliding across the hood of one of them before hitting the sidewalk again before darting up the stairs and into the office building that had been his final objective.

Heads turned as he ran down the hallway before ducking into a wide office area littered with desk and throwing himself into a chair, "Safe" he declared to no on in particular.

Max was in his late twenties, and hardly looked the part of someone working for a government agency. His hair was scruffy and his square jaw coated with a carpet of stubble. Torn jeans and a leather jacket where his choice of office attire dispite the lectures he had gotten about it.

Airabel walked into the office moments later, one eye brow cocked. "You sound like a stampede when you arrive late." She said dropping herself into a chair in front of his desk. "Late again...or as always seems more appropriate." She said smirking.

Airi, her preferred shortened version of her name, was in a pair of skin tight jeans that were tucked away in knee high black riding boots and a plain black t-shirt. Her long blonde hair was pulled back into a ponytail and softly curled at the ends. Bright green eyes starred at Max, mocking him. Her appearance was far more put together than his, but it still was not the suggested attire for the office.

Younger than Max, in her early twenties only added to the odd mixture of their partnership. The fact that they had a love, hate relationship and bickered like siblings was just the beginning to their unique past.

"Do I even want to know what the excuse is this time?" She asks.

"I'd tell ya" he said, shrugging his way out of his leather jacket, revealing heavily tattooed arms sticking out from under his T-shirt, "its not exactly safe for work."

Max placed two fingers on ethier side of his mouth and stuck out his tounge.

The door at the far end of the office was thrown open and a voice bellowed out from within,"You two. In here. NOW!"

No one in the office moved and the lecherious grin that Max had been sporting quickly faded. 'You two' only ever meant two people and slowly he pushed himself to his feet, advancing down the row of desks towards the captain's office.

The black steel cybernetic figures of the captain's prosthetic left hand tapped against the top of his stainless steel desk, the holopad next to it displaying considerable amounts of wreckage. Wreckage Max recognized as being from the last VIP detail the pair had worked.

As he slunk into one of the chairs he pointed towards Airi, "For the record, she's the one who clipped the Thermocore with a stray shot. Totally wasn't me."

Airi instantly groaned as she heard the command to report. Nothing ever good came from a conversation when it started out with him screaming. Airi slunk down into the seat next to Max and looked at the holopad. She knew this wasn't going to end well.

Her head instantly snapped toward her partner. If glares could kill people, he'd would have been dead...years ago.

"Thanks partner." Airi growled before turning back to their Captain. "Although what he said is true I'd like to point out that Max was supposed to be on watch duty. There wouldn't have been a stray shot if I hadn't been taken by surprise by an attack." She said, her body tense as it took all her control not to lean over and slap her partner.

"I had to take a piss. Its not like the time our stake out got ruined because you wanted to go off and give some dude a blow job in an alleyway." he shot back. This was how things always seemed to go, "And I mean, christ, its a fuckin reactor, maybe if someone's marksman ship didn't suck so badly it wouldn't have happened!"

Airabel shot up out of her chair, her face red as she fummed on the inside. "I'm a bad shot!? Let's remember who shot and forcibly retired the last officer to come on an assignment with us!"

The Captain tried to speak knowing where this fight was headed but Airi cut him off. " You know what, screw you Max! And screw your back handed, pathetic excuse of a partnership! I want a new partner and if I can't have one I quit!" Airabel yelled before storming out of the Captain's office heading for her own down the hall, slamming her door shut behind her.

Max watched her storm out, his brows perking, "Well, that was unexpected."

The chief pinched the bridge of his nose with his good hand, shaking his head in frustration. He had no idea how these two had been paired together, or how they had even been cleared for active duty but they had and been dumped into his lamp to baby sit.

"Go apologize."

Max rolled his eyes are the order but knew better to argue. It also got the massive amount of property damage from that assignment brushed aside for the time being. He pushed himself from the plush office chair and slunk down the hallway, in no real rush to deal with the issue.

He toed open the door to the office and sunk into one of the chairs, "Sometimes you need to learn to take a joke."

Airi rolled her green eyes and kept adding notes to some report she could care less about. But it kept her hands busy and if she did it long enough would numb her over worked brain. "Get out Max." She said simply not even bothering to look up at him.

Airabel had known Max for what seemed like eternity, at least it felt that way some days. When she had been paired to him straight out of the academy she was excited. Now it was a touch and go process with him everyday. It's not that he was a bad person, it was just he had a way of pushing her buttons so easily, better than anyone else, and he did it on purpose.

Officers were known to stay in the IMA for their entire career,their entire lives, but lately all Airabel could seem to think about was getting out. After only three years.

He folded his hands behind his head and propped his feet up on the desk, "I am fully aware you weren't off giving head to random junkies in alleyways. Don't know what you really where doing, but it ain't my job to judge."

One hand drifted lazily back and forth infront of his face, "And because of your outburst we've managed to dodge the bullet on all that collateral."

"Get out Max...seriously. Just go." Airi said with an annoyed sigh. He just didn't get it sometimes,and this was one of those times. She looked up at Max then looked over at the door.

"Even if we did dodge the bullet or whatever you need to add your notes so we can turn in the report to command. Not that it matters now since you were already so nice in being perfectly clear who's fault the damage was." She said coldly.

"Oh Comon Airi, you've thrown me under the bus more then once!" he protested.

"Hell I remember that assignment with the Mescanty Prime Minister. you neraly got me fired!"

"You slept with his daughter! His engaged, to-be-married daughter! You almost started a war! It was fair that you almost got fired! I almost got sold as her fucking replacement!" Airi yelled as she glared at Max.

"You are so insensitive and annoying! I hate being your partner!" She yelled at she picked up her holo globe and chucked it at him. It wasn't the first time she had gotten violent with him, it just came along with their turbulent relationship.

"Get out! I want a new partner! You can't talk me out of it this time!" She yelled as she stood up storming over to her door opening it, glaring at Max trying to will him to leave.

Max doged the flying globe with little effort. It was always the first thing she went for she threw something at him. They had reached the point in this argument where he knew better then to keep pressing her buttons so slowly he pushed himself back to his feet.

Before he could reach the door the comboxes they both carried beeped and Max unhooked his from belt, thumbing the button at the top and spoke, "Go for Archer."

The voice on the other end he knew was a cute little blonde and last time he has heard her talk she had been demanding he do things that couldn't be repeated in the work place.

"There's a hostage situation at the Karrer tower, local PD has requested trouble shooter support."

He turned his gaze towards Airi, the look he gave her simply said that the choice was hers as to weather they where going to take this.

Airi bit the inside of her lip as she heard the familiar beep. She listened as Max took the alert and checked in, knowing they both didn't need to since people usually assumed they were together. She rolled her eyes as the quick passing smirk that danced across Max's face and then again as he turned to look at her.

She let out a frustrated sigh torn between not wanting to be near Max right now and the familiar pull to want to help people. It was a constant internal battle that she lost quite frequently. And she knew that was mostly because the first time Airabel had been too mad to follow Max into a call he had gotten hurt and that always loomed on her guilty conscious.

"Ugh! Don't talk to me unless it's related to the situation and don't, DON"T!, touch my gun this time." She snapped as she headed back to her chair grabbing her coat off the back of it. She slipped her arms through the vintage princess cut pea coat in soft grey. She always wondered why she wore her favorite coat to this job, seeing as how it could get ruined at any moment. But each year as it got cold it was her go to choice, unless she knew ahead of time she was going to be getting dirty.

Yanking open her drawer she pulled out her gun and fastened it to her hip glaring at him. She did not want to go with him right now. Airi stormed past Max and headed to the side of the station knowing he would call in their response. She was still fuming as she headed for the loading dock not in the mood to drive, not that Max ever let her.

It didn't take Max to pulled the car around the side door of the building and flipped a switch on the center console of the car, causing the gull wing door of the passenger side to raise gracefully for her to enter. His own gun was nestled in a holster on his belt, a massive beast of a cannon far beyond what standard issue was for the department. He said nothing, simply waited for her to get in.

Airabel slid in next to Max and stayed quiet. Her small body was thrumming with anger and irritation. Her mind ran miles over the idea of a new partner, or a transfer, or even leaving the IMA. She barely noticed as they pulled up in front of the Tower. Her mind was snapped back down to reality as Max once again opened the door from the counsel and she stepped out.

Wind gusted, even at the base of the sky high tower. Airabel shoved her hands in her pockets and frowned looking to the sky. It looked like it was about to rain, dark grey clouds settling in overhead, exactly what she didn't need. "Just once...I'd like my good hair day not to get ruined." She mumbled to herself as she waited for Max to come around the car.

The air between them was thick with tension and so energized it could give the impending storm a run for it's money on a lightning show. And this is how it was. For all the good that Max and Airabel did together they we're always in a battle over something. Weather it was who was right, who did the most damage, or control. And although Airi could give him a run for his money on most things, control was one she consistently lost at with Max.

Karrer tower was damned tall building used mainly for different corporations though several government branches had offices in the towering structure. Whoever had taken the thing over was smart and activated the buildings War Protocols and thick plate steel blast shields had descended to cover all the sides.

"Well shit." he muttered taking in the imposing site before them. How they where going to crack this nut he had no idea.

"You remember that time we had to surf the solar winds to get down to the surface of Raylie 6?"

"That nearly burnt off my hair! Not to mention broke my wrist upon landing." Airi snapped back then sighed. "You have no respect for my well-being." She muttered pouting. She was being general and vague. Really the idea of anything happening to her hair just annoyed her, and it was magnified by her bad mood. But she was stupid to think Max gave two thoughts to her hair, or it's safety. Hell the only time Max noticed her hair is when he was pulling on it from behind.

And that usually how sex between the two went. When the frustration levels between them got too high or the fighting got to a head there was a few times that they had given in and had let sex be the release, literally. But it was no pretty love making between the two of them. It was raw and intense, just a continuation of the fight until they were each worn out. Except for that one time. That one time when Max had used sex as a comforting technique after Aira's mom had passed away. And with no other family for support Max had become her entire support system without flinching. It was the one time they both had slowed down and made love to each other because it's what she had needed at the time. But they never spoke of that one time...ever. And rarely mentioned their other escapades in conversation.

Airi looked up at the darkening sky and frowned again. "Why don't we just go in from the circulation vents. It'll easier to stop the blades then it would be to solar surf." She offered up as she looked at the building. She bit her lip and stared at the blast walls. "Why the hell did they shut it down so tightly?" She wondered as her hand naturally moved toward the gun on her hip. "Either way we should ditch the coats for our armor."

Much of the reputation they had for insane plans came largely from Max, and his own self destructive tendencies, "Oh comeon, the surfing wasn't as bad as the time I got you to bungee jump naked out of a helicopter as a distraction during that one counter terror op."

Yeah, he was pretty horrid to her sometimes, he was inclined to believe the multiply knee knockers he gave her when things go too much for them to bear made up for it. "Ventilation is gonna be locked down. That's problem with these War Protocols, they whole place becomes totally self contained to repel everything from chemcial weapons to a nuke."

Airi rolled her eyes. "And I got a 10 inch gash on my left leg from that stunt." She reminded him. She sighed and moved her hands up to wrap around her neck as she dropped her head back groaning. "Fine, we can surf in..on one condition." She said squaring her body with his.

"When we get back to central you willingly sign my transfer of partner recommendation papers." She said directly locking eyes with him.

"I wasn't recomending we surf down. I was gonna say that was a cake walk compared to this. I got NO idea how we're getting in there without uh...." Truth was he had no idea how they were gonna do this.

"Feel like bungie jumping again. Might proke them to open up the shutters giving us a way in. I'll do that thing with my tounge that always makes ya cum if ya do."

Airi rolled her eyes. "You'll sign the papers one way or another. You owe me that much." She said softly looking at him. She looked back to the building. "And I can count multiple times where you didn't get me to cum...you selfish ass." She said then looked around.

"I'm thinking our best opti--" Airabel stops talking as she sees a guy dart across the street from the back of the building. She draws her gun from her hip and starts walking towards the building, making her way around the side. Airi makes her way around the back of the building only seeing the never ending steel wall, not an obvious break in the wall. She sighs frustrated blowing her bangs out of her face. "I hate these fucking buildings." She muttered to herself.

Wile Airi took of to investigate something he didn't catch, the officer in charge approached Max and began briefing him on the situation. They had sent a recon drove over the roof which was quickly shot down by the men up top.

A hologram sprung to life between the two men, a schematic of the tower and a slow grin crossed Max's face as the offier relayed the infomation their drone had sent back.

Airi made her way back towards Max. He had that stupid grin on his face which meant he had some sort of stupid plan. "Oh goody here we go again. How will he try to kill you today Airi? Oh he can only think of so many ways." She grumbled to herself before stepping up to Max and the officer.

"Ok, so what's the plan this time?" Airi asked already slight agitation to her voice as she put her hands on her hips and waited. "And let me just nix any plans involving my nudity now." She said glaring at Max.

"Well we got good news and bad news" he replied nodding towards the hologram. The building has a large centeral shaft that was designed to provide sunlight, fresh air and rain to the courtyard garden. During the War Lockdown two large plates had slid into place closing off the shaft.

So according to the fly over the cops did the centeral shaft isn't completely sealed off. The shutters jammed and there's a gap of about six feet. The bad news is there's alot of badguys up there and they are armed to the fuckin teeth."

Back
Top Bottom