Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For the Love of... (Candira and HeartoftheDarkness)

Candira

Singularity
It had been a terrible ordeal. She'd been running for so long. They'd been hunting her. She was injured, tired, despairing. Somehow, she'd found her way to the outskirts of town and managed to hide near a large dwelling. Her vision blurred and the building swam before her eyes as she collapsed in a bed of flowers, still bleeding. She was in a dire situation and she could only fight so much. Vulnerable to the world around her, the spirit fox let consciousness drift away as her body shut down. If no one found her, it was likely that she would never wake up again.

To any passerby, it would seem that a normal red fox had found its way into the city and gotten into a fight with some kind of dog or other wild animal and collapsed into the flowers. Others still might think that it was dead altogether. Some might even try to get rid of it. But there was nothing she could do to defend herself. The world was against her now. Hope had faded away long ago.

Today was another crappy day. William was on his way home after failing yet another job interview. For as long as he could remember, he's had the worst of luck. Everything that could go bad, did for him. He's lost money and valuables because of mysterious holes in his pockets and bags. Every time he tries to get somewhere, if he takes transportation, it gets delayed. He constantly gets hurt by the dumbest things, from slipping on puddles to getting zapped when trying to unplug an outlet. Nothing ever goes right for him. Also, due to his horrible luck, he's been sort of alienated by society, leaving him with very few friends.

As he walked home, he decided to cut a little time out of the trip and go through the park. It wasn't too big of a park, a place in the middle of town for people to bring their pets. It was a pleasant and peaceful place to be though. Something did catch his eye however. Red fur, covering in a dark red liquid. A fox, and it looked badly injured. The poor thing must've had a little fight with another dog, and lost. Quickly running to it, he checked to make sure it was still alive. It was breathing, but slowly. He took off his jacket and wrapped it around the fox. Then he carried the fox in his arms to his apartment.

It was a cheap apartment, one bedroom, one bathroom, a small living room and kitchen, and a washing machine. It was still too much for him to live here, but the landlord took pity on William's pitiful life and decided to let the poor guy live for free. Once he got inside, he quickly rested the fox on his bed. Afterwards, he grabbed a medical kit and tended to the wounds. While not an expert, he did his best to stop the bleeding and seal the wound. After some work, he finally got it to stop, and the fox's breathing returned to normal. Sighing in relief, William went to clean up, leaving the fox to rest and recover. Afterwards, he crashed on the couch, exhausted by his rough day.

So soft...The ground beneath her was so soft she had a hard time believing it was real. And she was warm now. Her body still felt sore and battered, but the cold, horrifying feeling of life slipping away was gone now. She could still feel the pain of her wounds, but she could feel that someone had taken the time to bandage them up. Who would have done such a thing? No hunter would ever have attempted to mend her wounds--she was nearly more valuable to them dead than she was alive. And the room she was in seemed too quiet and still to be any place awful. Her eyes slowly slid open and she could see that she was inside of a human dwelling. Perhaps it was the one she'd collapsed near?

She could see now that she was on a bed--one that was easily big enough for two humans. The thing that was keeping her warm in her current weakened state was a jacket, and she could smell the faint scent of a human nearby. Despite being generally wary, she couldn't help but feel guilty that someone had saved her. For the time being, she remained her her fox form, unable to transform for lack of energy. She would have to wait until she had more strength and her wounds had healed until she could thank the human or humans who had saved her. Relief washed over her and the sacred energy in her body began to flow toward her wound, slowly healing the torn muscle and blood vessels, stitching the skin back together again, growing back fur that had been torn away.

Her eyes closed shortly after they opened near-dawn, and she slept again, hoping that the human would still be there when she woke up.

A few hours have passed and William woke up. He must've been pretty tired since he doesn't even remember falling asleep. Getting up from the couch, he went to his bed to check up on the fox. Strange, he remembered seeing bits of fur torn off, but it looked like it was all grown back now. Well at least the fox looked like it was going okay. He leaned in to gently stroke it's soft fur, relieved to see that the fox was starting to show signs of recovery. "That's a good girl, just rest up and you'll be better soon." He said softly. He at least thought it was a girl. When he cleaned her up, he didn't see any boy parts that would convince him otherwise, unless those were tragically ripped off in the scuffle she had. Thinking about started to make him shiver as he started to imagine that sort of pain in his nether regions.

William then remembered something. What if she was hungry? That could help her recover faster. Quickly getting up, he went to his kitchen to get some food. Grabbing two bowls, he filled one of them with some cold water, then he reached into the fridge and found some deli meats, filling the second bowl with them. Once he was done, he brought the bowls back to the fox, hoping she would eat them. "I don't have too much food here, but I hope this'll be fine for now. Hopefully this will make you feel better." He said to the fox, placing the bowls next to the bed. Once she was ready to eat, she can dig in.

Finally, he leaned against a wall, watching as the fox slept. Before too long, he started to feel tired himself, and he fell asleep himself once again.

It was full-fledged morning when next she woke. Her body was nearly healed, but she was weak from the effort it had taken. To her surprise, there was a human in the room with her. He must have been the one to have saved her. What a curious looking young man. His features were a little on the younger side, but he looked weary. She could certainly relate. Even in sleep he seemed to be burdened. Well, she would have to change that. After all, he had taken care of her. And as she looked to the side, she saw a dish of water and one of meat. Gratefully, she lapped up the liquid, refreshing herself before digging into the deli meat he'd laid out for her. It wasn't what she was used to, but it was food, and it was good.

Her body was still weak, but she found that she had enough energy to move again, so she got up and slowly, carefully, moved toward the human, taking in his scent.

Feeling the sunlight start to shine into the room through the blinds, to hearing the sound of an animal sniffing him, William started to wake up. The first thing he saw was the fox sniffing him, getting his scent. "Well, it looks like you're starting to feel better." He smiled at the fox, still a little groggy from just waking up. He lifted up his hand and started to gently stroke her fur. It made him happy to know that he was able to save this poor little fox, at least he's able to do something right.

Leaning up from against the wall, he looked down and noticed that the food and water was gone. "Hope you liked the food. It's probably not what you're use to, but I don't have very much for myself at the moment. I'll try to find something better when I go shopping for groceries later, maybe a little bit of actual meat for you." He could spare a little extra cash for a cheap slab of meat for her. Hopefully it'll encourage her to get better sooner.

Being use to living alone for so long, it was a nice change of pace to have a little animal companion with him, even if it's only until she gets better. As he stroked her fur, he started to admire how soft it was. "You have beautiful fur, it's nice and warm." He gently began to nuzzle his face against it, enjoying the feeling.

The fox stayed still as a statue as the young man reached out to her. His touch was gentle, just like his smile. The panic that had been bubbling near the surface began to settle again. Humans like this one were to be trusted. They were kind and helpful, and suddenly all feelings of fear she'd had before were replaced with feelings of gratitude. Overcome, she closed her eyes and leaned into the hand that was petting her, enjoying the touch she so rarely received. Carefully, she licked his hand, letting him know that she appreciated what he'd done for her. So very much. She smiled as he nuzzled her fur, telling her that it was beautiful. She made a sound of contentment and smiled softly. She wasn't quite strong enough to change yet, but she would be soon. For now, she merely nuzzled against the human, trying to give him affection as well.

William pretty much spent his morning with his new friend, enjoying her company. For a moment, he started to consider keeping the fox as his pet, although there's no way that she would want to stay in such a cramped apartment for too long. She'll probably end up leaving in a couple of days, leaving him alone once again.

By the middle of the afternoon, he decided to head out to the grocery store to buy some food for the week. He quickly got cleaned up, then dressed before grabbing his keys and wallet. Before heading out the door, he filled up the water bowl again and placed it by the fox. "I won't be gone for long, I just need to get some food. You just need to get some rest and get better soon. I'll have something nice for you to eat when I get home." He smiled as he gently scratched behind her ears. Most dogs he came across liked that feeling, he hoped that she would too. After saying goodbye, he went out the door and locked it behind him, then headed to the grocery store.

The fox enjoyed her savior's company, learning to love his scent and touch. Everything about him seemed to brim with light and love, even if it was only the wonder one felt when close to the wild. She found herself wishing more and more that he would stay by her side, hoping that he would never stop giving her affection. It was easy for her to fall in love with someone like him.

And she found that she was feeling much better because of it. She followed him to the door, moving a little slowly because she was still a bit worn out. When he scratched her ears, she closed her eyes, enjoying the action. He was going to get food--not just for himself but for her. No human had ever made any sort of gesture to her before and she knew that she would always love this man. Since she needed rest, however, she decided to sleep until he returned. She could always transform later to thank him.

As William made his was back from the grocery store, he made sure that he had everything he needed. Milk, eggs, cereal, some noodle cups, a few frozen dinners, some bread, a few packs of deli meats, and some soda boxes. On top of that, he bought a few large slabs of meat, enough to feed the fox a few times. It was a little expensive, but he could always splurge a little bit. Even though he had a hard time getting a job, his family was kind enough to send him money every few months, although it was just enough to buy food.

Finally reaching his apartment, he unlocked the door and went inside. Once he was in, he noticed that the fox was back on his bed, sleeping. It was good to know that she was getting her rest. As he began to put the groceries away, he got out one of his frozen dinners for himself and one of the steaks for the fox. He wasn't quite sure whether he should cook the meat or not. While he knew that they usually ate from whatever they killed, it felt just weird to feed her a raw steak. He decided to put his dinner in the microwave and check up on the fox while it cooked.

The fox woke up when William returned to the room. Her ears perked up a bit as she lifted her head feeling much better now that she had had time to rest. She could smell food, but she was more relieved to catch his scent once more. She stood up, her tail swishing a bit as she looked up at him. Her eyes followed him and she greeted him by licking his hand. Before he could do much else, however, she began to transform.

Her body began to glow and she grew to take on the shape of a human woman. She appeared before him as a redhead with fox ears and a fox tail. The light faded to reveal a shapely young woman on her hands and knees, naked. She stared at him with amethyst eyes, smiling at him.

"We meet at last.."

At first, William was happy to see his little fox friend again, happy that she was having more energy. That all turned to shock when she transformed. He was confused about what was happening when she started to glow. It was like nothing he's ever seen before. Her body grew, shaping into a more humanoid figure, then she stood up on two legs. Once the light faded, he was standing before a beautiful redheaded woman, with fox ears and a tail.

"Well, that happened." He said, not really knowing how to react. The cute little fox he saved now just turned into a beautiful naked girl before his eyes. Sure, it was something lots of guys fantasized over, including him, but it was never anything he thought could be possible. While he was sure she wasn't going to hurt him, he still couldn't help feeling a bit frightened.

Trying not to worry her, he did his best to remain calm. "Um, so.....are you, uh, a fox spirit then?" He asked, hoping to get to know more about her, without making it too obvious that he was scared of her at the moment.

"Close. I'm a spirit fox. I have many powers that a normal spirit would not, and I'm not dead, thanks to you. I have two forms. This one, and the one in which you found me. I wanted to thank you for saving me," she said, brushing a tear from her eye. "No human has ever been so kind to me before. Thank you so much," she said, flashing him a smile. She sat up and looked up at him, her eyes full of admiration.

She was actually very cute, for being a spirit fox. "Oh.....interesting." William was still in a bit of a daze, still unable to cope with the fact that something like her actually existed. "Well, I couldn't just leave you out there to die, you looked like you were suffering." It would've haunted him if he knew she died because he decided to ignore her. "I just didn't expect something like this." He sat down, trying to wrap his head around this whole situation. He wasn't mad that this was happening, it was actually an interesting turn of events. But he'd be lying if he said that he wasn't uncomfortable or scared as well. It made him wonder what actually injured her now? There's no way a dog would've put a spirit fox in such a terrible condition.

She smiled and crawled closer to him as he took a seat, obviously struggling to wrap his mind around everything. "It's alright. I promise I won't do anything bad. I just wanted to thank you for helping me and keeping me safe." She hugged him, all smiles and warmth and soft skin. She pulled away and gazed into his eyes for a long moment.

"I want to properly thank you. Will you tell me your name, human?" She smiled at him and her tail swished eagerly but gracefully.

William started to get nervous as she started to move closer to him. She wanted to thank him? How did she plan on doing that. While she had a great body, and she was a stunning beauty, it felt like this was all happening too fast. He just found out that she was a spirit fox, originally thinking she was just an ordinary fox. He was hoping she'd stay around as a companion, but not like this.

"My name? I-It's William." He nervously smiled, slowly inching away from her as she crept closer. He's never been with a woman like this before, he was still a virgin. Does sex still work the same way for her kind? Will she get pregnant if they do have sex? Would her kids or puppies be fox spirits as well? Why was he already thinking about sex with her? She only wanted to thank him, why did it automatically have to be sex?

"Thank you William," she said, smiling warmly at him. "If ever I can do something to help you, I will do my best. I owe you my life, and I won't soon forget you've done for me." She stayed still and then slowly stood up on the floor, but she couldn't hold herself up just yet. "I'm sorry to be so much trouble...It seems I'm still weak from the healing process," she said with a little smile. "I should go back to my fox form until I have more strength. Will you help me back up?" she asked, looking up at him with innocent eyes.

((I'm really sorry, I honestly thought I responded to this.))

"Y-Yea." William said nervously, realizing that he'll be picking up a naked girl, a pretty naked girl. He did his best not to stare at her lady parts as he gently picked her up and placed her down on his bed. "Here, try and get some rest. I'll wake you up when the food is ready." He said, pulling a blanket over her so she can keep warm. Things have surely taken a strange turn. He still doesn't know what to think about his fox friend turning into a beautiful woman. Plus, she said she was indebted to him. Does that mean she plans to stick around to repay him? As nice as that sounds, he wasn't sure if he'd be able to keep her. It's not that he doesn't want her around, it's more that he can barely afford to feed himself, let alone a fox girl.

Trying to put his worries aside, he tried his best to cook a decent steak for the fox girl. Pulling out an electric grill, he plugged it in and started cooking one of the steaks. It's been a while since he's smelled the aroma of beef cooking on a grill. Most of what he eats now are frozen and canned foods. It's all he can afford, at least until he's able to hold a decent job. If only luck was so kind to him.

As William helped her up, the fox held him closely and smiled. His arms were warm and strong, and she wanted to stay there for as long as she could. The moment was over all too soon, however, and he was tucking her into his bed shortly. She smiled when he told her about the food and asked her to get some rest. It was so nice of him to offer her a place to stay, time to rest, food to eat. There was no way to repay such a kindness. She closed her eyes and watched him leave before she fell asleep once more. The scent of freshly cooked meat wafted into her dreams, making her smile.

After a while, the meat was about ready. William finished up heating his meal in the microwave as he began plating the steak for his new friend. He carefully brought the plate to her, placing it beside the bed. "Feel free to dig in when you're ready." Afterwards, he went back to get his own meal and sat down to eat. His meal was decent, salisbury steak with mashed potatoes. Of course it wasn't the best, he bought it for $3. After having these meals for a while, he started to develop a taste for them. Of course it wasn't healthy, but he couldn't really afford to buy the nice stuff. Obviously his fox friend will be having a much nicer meal, she deserves it after what she's been through.

When he came back to her with the food, she was feeling markedly better. She felt stronger than before, at any rate. Walking around for no reason--especially in her human form--was a foolish thing to do. Rather than invite disaster by attempting to follow him, she stayed where he was and gratefully accepted the meat. It wasn't often that she got a cooked meal of any kind, so this was quite a treat. She smiled and happily ate what he'd provided for her, feeling the nutrients rush through her and revitalize her. And it was a delicious piece of meat. He'd done quite a good job for her.

That a human would go so far out of his way to help an animal, let alone a spirit animal, was unheard of. His kindness filled her heart with joy and she found herself thanking her lucky stars that William had found her. If it had been anyone else, she might have died, or spent a terrifying time locked in a cage somewhere until the humans released her into the wild once more.

She had to do something to honor him--to help him. He was a good person and deserved to be thanked. So it was that she began to think of all the ways she could do so, smiling to herself at the notion of being useful and bringing joy to the man who'd done so much for her.

Back
Top Bottom