Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An Imposing Storm (Saria × Tiberius)

Jake blinked and tried to process that she was offering to...clean? "You... really don't have to." He shifted in his chair and eyed her a moment, biting his tongue and finishing the rest of his tea. He was not going to suggest she pay him back with her body. He was not that desperate. Shit. "Talking sounds good," he said, sounding strained and wondering if sitting together on the couch was really a good idea.

Sasha sat back, just waiting patiently until Jake finished his tea.

"It just... I no know..."

She stood again, following him to his couche. It was she that sat first, though, and she sat in something of an unbecoming manner; legs spread, generally taking up space - more of a masculine way of doing things.

Jake sat on the couch after watching her sit, raising an eyebrow at how she sat though he wasn't really surprised. He hadn't seen her act very ladylike in the short time she'd barged into his home. He stretched his own legs out and cleared his throat, watching her from the corner of his eye. "So... how old are you?"

Sasha leaned back, taking the question rather nonchalantly considering the weight such a question would normally bear.

"Hmmm.... Nineteen ninety... I dunno... Eider 91 or 92 I was born. I have been lie about it for vile, fough I no have reason anymore... Yeltsin made Deda fearful, Papa moved Mama and I to America ven Putin, lya lya fa fa, in 08 I embarrassed dem and here I am."

"Hmmm.... Nineteen ninety... I dunno... I was born in either '91 or '92. I have been lying about it for a while, though I no have reason to anymore... Gramps got scared after Yeltsin, and Papa moved Mama and I to America when Putin [got elected]... blah blah blah, in '08 I embarrassed them and here I am."

Sasha was indifferent to it all, speaking of it like one would speak of his lunch earlier that day. It was unemotional to every last word - even Mama, Papa, and Deda lacked warmth past her tongue.

Jake nodded faintly, not quite understanding all of that, but even if the years were off, she was somewhere between eighteen and twenty. "Embarrassed them...?" he asked curiously. "You've been here a while? Do you go to school somewhere?" Maybe someone at her school would know how to contact her family. Though if she were really that old, she was more than capable of making her own path, no matter what path that happened to be. "Work maybe?"

Wistfully, Sasha took a breath. She rested her head on the back of the couch, eyes closed, continuing.

"Ya... I was seen kissing a blackie... Sorry, black man. Chornye.

Ugh.. Family mine -- conservative, fundamentalist, racist, you know. I... resemble(?) ...I resemble my papa like fyat, sorry."

Another breath, something of a pause again.

"I went to first Ortodox school which spoke only Russian. Dedyushka wanted returning, so delayed English. I went to baptist school, English, for only year before I was... before... ekh, myenya izbyegalyi... Sorry..."

She bit her lip.

"For fey shun me -- works. But I run since den. Kind people, smart people, good workers... fey put me to work, put me to place. Girul lyast night, she gave me clothing, and a night, but she herself had life troubles, and so I finda you. And kind man you are, not called yet police. So I am most in gratited... ingratiated... in... debted? I try, sorry."

(OOC: yay a short break :/ )

Back
Top Bottom