Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

PLEASE DELETE

AlphaZero

Dracula's not an Avenger? That lying fuck!
Paris in the fall, the kind of thing people always dreamed about as being some great romantic get away. But the cold rain hammering down like needles of ice and the armed Kraut soldiers patrolling the streets made it hard for my Max to appreciate the city.

He had spent the last two days backpacking across the French countryside, OSS had deemed that the lowest risk infiltration method and it had been fairly straightforward, other then a quick stop he had made to take out a German fuel depot.

It had been a target of opportunity.

Now in the streets of Paris he blended in well, tall and lean dressed simply in a worn in flight jacket and cargos, a snap brim cap pulled low over his clear blue eyes. One hand gripped the shoulder strap of his back pack, the other was buried in the pocket of his coat, resting on the grip of the small caliber revolver he had stashed there. It was a far cry from his trusty .45, but it would have to do for now.

He veered off the street, into a park, checking his watch without breaking stride. This was where he was supposed to meet his contact, on a bench on the far side. Given the weather he took shelter under a near by tree and dug his cigarettes from his jacket pocket, sparking his lighter.

His contact would approach him and ask for a light, stating that their matches had gotten wet, given the current weather, anyone in the city could have wet matches.

RE: Paving the way (A0 and Hayden Stone )

It was a really shitty day. Nothing was going according to plan and Amber was already delayed due to an unplanned attack that was supposed to happen three days from now. She seemed scarred up- her arm slightly cut and her thigh having some tight tourniquet tied around a mess from a fall. She walked carefully through the town. She needed a vehicle - she was already late.

Most of her tasks were done in a clean swipe, but this one turned out to be quite the disaster. She quickly walked- not breaking any limp with her wound as she briefly blended into a crowd of people 'til she saw the vegetation she needed to be in.

Long, brown hair was tied back out of her face with a few threatening strands that had freed themselves. Green eyes watched carefully as she walked as casually as she could into the park- rain was falling hard.

It wasn't long to find the target. It was a raining storm and the idiot was lighting a flame. She knew the protocol and most of the time, she followed it. But this time, she found it hard to.

She quickly walked up behind the tree, casually standing next to him and checking their surroundings. Who'd come to a park on such a rainy day like this? But she still couldn't be so sure.

"Do you have a light?" She asked, casually as if the two just had a chance encounter. Two beings- who decided to smoke a cigarette in a park, on the stormiest of days- it wasn't her ideal situation and in all honesty it put her on edge. She went into her jacket which was zipped slightly tighter than it could've been and pulled out a toxic stick and put it up to her lips. She didn't smoke, but cigarettes did wonders for various things. Starting fires, blending in with rebels, and not drawing too much attention; unless one was in a darkened, rainy forest. "I ran into some technical difficulties." She stated calmly but there was hint that she was a bit out of breath.

"Wet matches?" he asked, hand tightening on the grip of the pistol, slowly thumbing back the hammer wile his other hand cradled the lighter. His own cigarette flared as he took a quick pull on it, bathing his face in a red glow. His eyes went to the woman then quickly scanned the park, spying to patrolling soldiers who slowed down as they passed the tree.

This was already going a lot less smoothly then he had hoped it would. The soldiers exchanged a few words and approached the two and Max felt his grip tighten on the gun even more. In sightly broken french one of the soliders asked if he could bum a smoke and a light from him and in near perfect french he responded, letting the gun go to withdraw he smokes, shaking one loss before firing the lighter for the man who gave a nod of thanks before the two continued on their patrol.

That dealt with his attention returned to the woman, "So, wet matches?"

Amber kept a firm stance, she was ready to hit him for even thinking of pulling on his gun at this point. She had a few blades hidden under her sleeves if the event came to violence- but nothing would've happened this far from the target point. She glanced at him, almost resentfully. He was far too ready to pounce while she would rather milk the situation. She watched carefully as the soldiers left and then made an approving glance towards Max.

She pocketed a couple fingers into her pocket as she pulled out the decoy matches and showed them to him- letting them "accidentally" fall to the damp ground. "Soaked." She said, in response to his question. Amber kept an eye on the man, though almost as if she were studying him. It was strange to her of the broken French- peculiar, even.

Amber focused her attention past the man to the horizon, just keeping an extra eye. Something was arranging around here. These grounds weren't safe. The unexpected bombing was short of just a tease.

Inside his coat pocket the hammer of the .38 was slowly lowered back into place and his hand came away, both held infront of himself in a gesture to show he meant no harm.

"Cute." he said, nodding towards the now soaked matches on the ground, "You the one the Brit's have had assisting the resistance?"

Max's hand returned to his coat pockets, not because of the gun but because of the cold.

Amber gave a charming smile to the man before letting it fade. She shrugged. "Something like that. Look, I don't normally work with others often, okay? I'm only here for the mission and that is it. I don't want to get too sidetracked. Is that your ride or not?" It was somewhat demanding, but it also was somewhat of an order. Being called bossy or bitchy wasn't uncommon for Amber. She didn't care- it got things done. "We need to get a map of the area, and a safe place we can resort to if we get separated. Since the others assumed position to attack today- there is no telling what they're capable of doing."

Trust issues was an understatement with Amber. She assumed everyone was insane, and everyone was against it. It was an easy way to get through life without having to be upset. "I have a small room at the Inn for myself. There's a bar there. Everyone talks to bartenders. We just need to blend in and get answers. I'm having a feeling more than the military are involved in this war." She said. She wouldn't blend in the least bit. Her tourniquets were beyond average and normal, as well as her attire. She looked down at herself for a moment before looking at him. So maybe she sucked at this blending in thing.

"Who thinks of meeting in the rain, anyways?" She wasn't trying to criticize his plan, but she did. It was absentmindedly, but seriously, who would meet out in a park in the mists of heavy rain? Wet matches? She tried to muffle her laugh as she looked at him. "What?" He seemed like he didn't register a word she had said.

"OSS handed me the orders, don't think they knew the weather report when this was all set up."

Max was by no means an expert when it came to reading people, but this one seemed like she had something on her mind, agitated and angry.

"The briefing I got said you where going to provide me with a safe house and some equipment."

Back
Top Bottom