Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Legends are True (Colossus_Shadow and Scathach)

thecakeisalie

Super-Earth
It was just another normal day for Alex. Get up early and do a little bit of work in town, talk to some people he knew and pick up a few things for the family. He was a good son, always helping out the family selflessly. He had recently become a much larger part in the building business that his father started. He was only 24 years old, but being a strong and smart young man it was the perfect job for him. Alex got along with everyone in town so getting business was pretty easy.

Although, the main goal for today was to hunt some food. They still had some meat left but definitely could have some more around the house. Alex dropped off a few things at the house and switched into his hunting clothes. A pair of tough sneakers, dark pants and shirt that were quiet and form fitting, and most of all he grabbed his favorite bow and arrow. After saying goodbye to his parents and siblings he headed out the door and jogged down the road to the spot where he like to enter the woods.

It was quiet as usual in these woods, few people went into them as it was very easy to get lost, and really not all that safe. There were plenty of legends of large animals, or beasts, as the town people liked to call it. Alex was brave, fast, and a decent enough hunter to handle it though. After a while, he finally heard some animal’s footsteps. He cautiously headed in that direction and peered around a tree to see a good sized buck walking by. Alex pulled out an arrow and slowly lined up the shot. Just as he was about to loose the arrow, the buck took off and disappeared into the woods. This struck him as odd, because the buck didn’t look his way, and he definitely didn’t make a sound.

Then Alex’s day certainly got more interesting. A loud thump shook the ground around him as something toppled a tree nearby. Alex began to think that there was no way the legends of a beast in the woods were true. But that is when he heard it, a loud snarl coming from where the tree feel. He got up the nerve to look around the tree and before he snapped his head back around, all he could make out were a giant pair of fiery orange eyes.

With a deep breath, Alex slowly put his bow over his back and immediately took off in a sprint. He could here branches exploding behind him. Alex did his best to look forward and dodge the obstacle on the ground. Even though he was in great shape after a mile or so he could feel his heart begging for breathe. The thunderous steps were closing in behind him when he heard rushing water ahead. Without thinking he dove over the next row of bushes and found himself falling over a waterfall into a pond.

After catching his breath and swimming out of the pond, Alex meandered into the think woods to make sure the beast couldn’t see him. Alex had no clue where he was, and knew his only option was to walk until he got his bearings.

Salean was almost home from her own hunt, some rabbits tied to her belt and carring a rather large phesent. It was a good day, a good hunt, she would be eating well tonight no queshtion there. She reached the edge of her camp and mummbled something to herself about needing to go to town in the morning for more supplies then droped the rabbits near her front door and started to prep one for her dinner.

"Its going to be another quiet night" she thought, she was use to being alone, she grew up alone, no brothers or sisters, even her perints died when she was very young, she lernd to fend for her self very quickly. Being a wild elf she had this nack for learning new things quickly and she never gave up. She wasn't overly tall only standing 5'6", her skin an almost milky white and her eyes vibrent with youth, one baby blue the other green, she was waring aplain green and black top with black tights and knee high boots for easy mobility and protection and her hair was in a long braid that went passed her butt, it was a light shade of brown.

She had just turn 22 a few days back and was treating herself to a nice rabbit stew for dinner, she couldn't wait, it had been some time sins she had stew and thought it was about time with her birthday passing and all.

She finished preping the rabbit and started a fire placing a big pot over top of it to boile some water for her stew. She threw in some herbs and then the rabbit meat, she grabed a potato and started to cut off chunks of it in to the stew. She took a deep breath "ohh this is going to be good" she thought looking around for anything else she can put in to her dinner, she found some carrits and an onion, cutting them in to hungks and throuing them in to.

She was half way done making her dinner when she herd crashing off in the distence, from the sound of it, it appeard to be getting closer. She reached for her bow and waited, wondering if it was coming her way. The beasts in these woods were dangerus but normaly would never come to were her camp was set up, the trees were to big and thick for them to bother and if one did find its way here, it would be no more then a caged animal ripe for the plucking.

She waited another minute before hearing what souned like a gient splash, she grummbled to herself as she threw her quivr of arrows back over her sholder and with bow in hand, headed out in the derection of the noise to investigate.

Alex’s legs were completely exhausted from the chase. He feel them starting to get a little tight, it was now that he wished that he took him mother’s advice and stretched out a bit more before he went for a hunt, but he never thought something like this would happen. He managed to get a decent walk going as he tried to get the water out of his quiver and wring it out of his shirt. Luckily is was a warm day, otherwise he would be in some serious trouble with the cold.

Luckily it wasn’t all that long until he thought he heard something. Well, for some reason he thought he was lucky, it must have been the optimistic side in him, because for all he knew it was just another threat. He quietly took and his bow and set up another arrow, just in case it was something he would be able to kill and eat, since it seemed like he may be out in the woods for a while. He found a good spot in some thick brush that had a view of a small clearing. Alex waited silently for a bit, but nothing showed up and he didn’t hear anything approaching.

A little disappointed he relaxed his bow and started to walk a bit more into the woods. But, then there was a distinct sound of something walking not to far ahead. He quickly got his bow ready and in position to fire. With a few swift steps he went around a few trees to try and sneak up on whatever was out there. He took a quick turn around a giant tree and came upon what he heard.

Alex’s nerves were a bit on edge and he nearly made a giant mistake, his hand twitched, almost letting the arrow fly, but his mind managed to process what he saw. It was a girl! Alex breathed a giant sigh of relief and started to put his bow and arrow away.

“You have no idea how happy I am to see you,” Alex blurted out as her back was still to him. He may have forgotten some manners considering the circumstances. “I could really use a little help right now.”

Salean swong around startled, she was not expecting some one to be there let alone a man. No one ever came out this far not even the hunters, well the smart ones anyway she was thinking to herself. She let out a small gasp as she spun, bringing up her own bow and almost firing herself, when she realized he was no threat she slowly lowerd her bow and stared at him with slight shock for a minute before speaking "what are you doing this far out? ........ " she could see he was really wet like he was swimming and shooked her head "what happend to you? ....... you stay wet like that for any longer and the cold of the night will do you in! Come..." she motioned for him to fallow her "I'll help you... but know this..." she turned and stared him in the eyes her blue and green eyes narrowed a little "try anything... try to rob me... and this place will be your grave, I will not tolirate bandits" he didn't look like a bandit to her but she thought better be safe then sorry.

When thy reached her camp, the air was filled with the smell of stew, she threw a couple more logs on to the fire to make it grew and turned to the young man "sit, its warmer her then over there, your gonna make yourself sick!" She walked in to her small cabin and came back out with a large blanket, "here" she said handing him the blanket "dry your self and keep this around you, it will keep you warm.". She smiled warmly and started to play with the stew and taking a second good look at his face, she had seen him before, in town, when she gose for supplies, "your the builders son arnt you?" She asked "what in the world and grate makers name are you doing out here?" She smerked a little "besides taking a swim.."

Alex was barely able to respond as the girl spit out a number of questions. It seemed like she was rather shocked by all this as well. “Thank you very much for the help,” he began as she motioned for him to follow her. “Today got a little complicated to say the least.” Alex chuckled and continued to follow her politely and silently. After a bit they made it to what look like a nice little camp, which surpirsed Alex, that some one would make something this permanent this far out into the woods. However, to not be rude he kindly accepted all the help she gave him and sat by the fire she had going, which really helped because by the time they made it to the camp, then sun had started to go down and the temperature began to plummet.

“I can’t thank you enough for all this help,” Alex said gratefully with a smile as he wrapped himself up in the blanket. “But yeah I am the builders son . . . “ he started to answer, a little curious as to how she knew that. She didn’t seem all that familiar to him, and he has met pretty much everyone who lives in town. “I was out in the woods for a hunt . . “ Alex decided to ignore his confusion as to why she knew him and answer her question, “when something started to chase me, something big. I must have been running for a while because I don’t recognize these parts of the woods and I have spent a great deal of time in here.” More and more questions started to run through Alex’s mind. If it took a marathon sprint for him to get this deep in the woods, and to be lost, who the hell is this girl, who has a camp this far out into the woods. There weren’t any towns closer to this part of the woods than his. These woods went on for miles and miles in al directions behind his town.

“Do you mind if I ask you something . . . “ Alex had to figure out what this girl was doing out here. “How on earth did you get out here . . . let alone build this whole camp?” He tried to ask as politely as he could.

Her eyes flickered up from the stew and her face went slightly white as she spoke her voice was but like a whisper "I grew up here...... I've just..." she shrugged trying to shake off bad memories from long ago and smiled lightly "..always been here, sins i can remember, my parents...." she looked back down at the fire and her eyes narrowed a bit as she continued to speak "that monster that chased you..... it had orange eyes didn't it?" she looked back up with a serious look on her face "your lucky........ many have fallen victim to that monster, my parents included...." she fell silent and started to stir the stew agen.

After a few minutes she smiled agen taking a deep breath of the smell coming from the pot on the fire and looked up agen at the young man and smiled at him warmly "Hungry? Its ready!" She jumped up not waiting for an answer and ran in to the cabin and coming back out with some bowls and some spoons. She filled up the bowls with stew and handed one to Alex ginning and speaking in a more chipper voice "eat! its my favoret! Rabbit stew!" She took a big bit and hummed a little enjoying her stew.

after a few seconds she looked up still smiling and said "oh and as for building this camp...... I learn quick, like I learn this was the safest place in this whole foist to be, the beasts cant make there way in here..." she took another mouth full and continued to talk with a slightly muffled voice from the food in her mouth "... Trees are to thick"

“Oh,” Alex stammerd a little feeling bad about bringing it all up. “I am really sorry to hear that.” He didn’t talk about it anymore as to not make her upset. He sat quietly and watched her prepare the food for them. Alex gladly accepted the bowl as he was absolutely starving from this long day. “Thank you so much. And by the way my name is Alex.” He said with a kind smile. “I really hope that I can repay you one day for all of this. Already you have done so much.”

Alex couldn’t help but dig into his meal as he listned to her talk about how she made camp here. “It is lucky there are trees this big in this forest. That orange eyed beast looked like he was absolutely enormous.” The two enjoyed their meal without too many more words. Alex didn’t really know what to say to her other than thank you. “You were right, this was actually some really good food. It really hit the spot after a day like this.”

“I know that you have already given me so much. But I really have to ask for another favor, probably a couple favors.” Alex started tentatively. “First off, I really have no idea how to get home, or how to avoid that beast, which it seems like you obviously do. So I was hoping that maybe I could spend the night in your camp, it is way to dark to go back out there, even if I did know where I was.” Alex’s was nervous that she wouldn’t go for this, she seemed to be a little protective of herself so he was trying to ask as nicely as he could. “I could really use your help getting out of here come daylight, if that is at all possible since I probably drew the beast relatively close to your camp. Which I am very sorry about. I had no idea.” Alex trailed off realizing that he was starting to ramble a bit. He looked at her and tried to gauge her reaction to all this.

Salean appeared to be more relaxed, now she knows Alex really poses no threat to her she smiled warmly and said "Your more then welcome to, it is getting dark out and thows beasts can sens better at night, it would be best if you stayed, I don't mind" She smiled agen warmly and moved to sit next to him.

She looked at him curiously and slightly concerned "Did you get hurt did you? I heard a splash and it sounded like you fell from the water fall near here" She looked him over seeing if she could see if he was hurt. "I can help you find your way back tomorrow and il even show you the way I take to avoid the beasts" she grind and continued "It really only the way to get around this forest, and in my opinion kinda fun!" she giggled a little bit.

She smiled warmly and said "On are way back tomorrow we can snag a stage if you needed? I like to hunt and really I like to help!" she smiled more widely and warmly.

Alex sighed a giant sigh of relief when she said yes. “Oh thank you so much. I will do anything to repay you I swear.” Alex said gratefully. “I don’t think I got hurt, surprisingly. I have a bit of a headache. But I am sure that is the extent of it.” Alex looked up at her with a smile and noticed that she didn’t look like your average girl. It was the first that he noticed he one blue eye and one green eye. It was shocking how bright their were, he just couldn’t take is eyes off of them. He tried to focus back on what she was saying so he so he could respond.

“I would really be grateful if you could help me out of the woods.” Alex started to thank her. “I think we could sneak in a quick hunt as we leave in the morning as well. It would definitely help in my return home if I brought something to show for it.” This girl was truly kind, and Alex couldn’t believe his luck in finding her out here.

“So not to make it awkward. But where can I sleep tonight?” Alex tried to ease into the subject. “I don’t want to be a bother, but my head is starting to hurt some more and could really lie down if that’s ok.” He explained drearily as a strong head ache started to build. Probably from the impact of him hitting the water from such a high jump.

Salean nodded and smiled agen "in side, come i will show you." She led him in to the cabin were it was all open, in the far corner was a pile of furs spead out across the floor, she pointed to them smiling still "you can sleep there, il make you some tea to help with your head and help you sleep" she walked over to the other side of the cabin were she grabed a small pot and threw some leaves and herbs in, she ran out of the cabin and placed it on the fire, a few minutes later she came back in and pored two cups, sipping on her own and handing him the other "I always drink a cup before bed, helps to get a good nights sleep."

She walked over to the pile of furs and curled up in a ball to the one end and sipped her tea, humming lightly and smiled warmly agen. She moved her long braid to the side and leaned back and looked up at him "did i mention my name is Salean?..." she smerked a little.

Alex followed her inside and was surprised at how big it actually was inside her home. “Wow, this is a pretty nice little place you got here.” Alex complimented and walked over to the furs on the ground and slowly lowered himself down to get comfortable.

“Thanks,” Alex said quietly as she handed him the cup of tea and took a sip. “Oh, this is quite good.” He remarked looking over her as she got comfortable on the other end. Alex was amazed at how a girl was able to survive out here, and do it so well. She didn’t look like your average hunter, she was actually quite adorable. “You know what I don’t think you did mention your name. It is very nice to meet you Salean.” Alex said with a smile as his eyes began to drift off. “I don’t know what I would have done with out you.” Alex managed to say before his eyes shut and he passed out into a deep sleep.

She smiled and nodded "Thanks" and sipped up her tea, making herself comfortable and laying down she mumbled "it nice to have met you to Alex" she looked over and noticed he had fallen asleep and smiled agen, closing her eyes still smiling and feel in to a deep sleep herself, she slept threw the night every once and a while mumbling something in her sleep but was relatively quiet, laying with her hands under her head and on her side curled up in a ball.

The next morning she was still in the same position as the night before, it was like she had not moved and she still mumbled lightly as she slept.

Alex had a rough night of sleep, which was too be expected after a stressful day like that. He woke up a number of times and fell back into some rough dreams. Eventually he woke up and was unable to fall back asleep. He relaxed on the furs as best he could to continue resting for the day they had ahead of them. It wasn’t until long that Salean woke up.

“Good morning.” Alex said quietly as she arose from her sleep. He didn’t make any mention of her mumbling during the night, he could really understand any of it anyway. “Is there anything I can help with this morning?” He asked rubbing his neck a little bit to get some of the soreness out.

As Salean opened her eyes she seen that Alex was already awake "Good morning" she said with a smile sitting up and stretching out her back, she took a deep breath and stood up walking to the other room and started to make some breakfast, she looked over her shoulder and smiled "not right now, i got this, you just relax and wake up, hungry?" she giggled and walked out to the fire and started it, placing a pot of water on and a pan, then came inside and pulled out some meat and bread "silly question.... of course you are!" she ran back out for a few minutes and threw the meat on to the pan were it started to sizzal and pop, she came back in with a cup of tea and handed him the up "here for you, breakfast will be a few minutes, need to wait for the bacon to cook, do you like bacon?" she smiled warmly at him and sat down next to him, seeing him still rubbing his neck she looked at him questioningly and asked "Did you sleep well?"

“Yes, I am very hungry.” Alex said with a smile. It was nice to see her in such a great mood. She was a very upbeat person for living out here all by herself. He happily accepted some tea to help get his body started for the day. “Thanks again for being such a great host. If you ever need anything from me, I swear just ask and I will help you out.” Alex tried again showing his gratitude, something he couldn’t do enough.

“I slept ok given the circumstances,” he let out a little chuckle. “Just a little restless and some rough dreams.” Alex began to explain to her. “All things considered though I think I slept ok enough.” Alex tried to keep his mind off of his nightmares, the burning orange eyes haunted him through the night. Alex had never really been in that amount of danger before. Sure he had some run in with wolves and bears, but they were a size that he could comprehend. This beast was enormous, and he couldn’t even begin to understand how Salean has survived out here this entire time.

Salean nodded and smiled "Your welcome, i don't see many people so when i do i like to help when i can" she could see there was something bothering him but decided not to poke, she had a clue to what it was and understood completely, she changed the subject "so what do you wish to hunt today? or more to the point, what do you need to hunt?" she took a sip of her tea and got up to get breakfast, she preped it all out and handed him a plate, smiling she said "enjoy! i hope you like it!" she took a big bite of her food and continued to talk, not having much manners on that part, having lived on her own for so long she never thought about how rude it can be to talk with ones mouth full of food "I can track almost every thing in these woods and can find what you need..... safely" she smirked "and like i said last night i can help teach you what way to take so that the beast can not find you and its easy to get in and out of this forest! Thats how i can travel thew this place with such ease!"

Alex graciously accepted the plate of breakfast. "Thank you so much, I am sure I will love it, I think I will enjoy any food at this moment." he chuckled. He began to eat his meal as they talked about their day ahead of them. "If I could get a good sized deer that would be fantastic," Alex started to think about what he needed. "We have some turkey and chickens, but as far as red meat we are really running low, so this would help out a lot." Alex ate through his breakfast a little fast, but hoped she wouldn't mind since she knew he was starving.

"I think knowing a few safer ways through this forest would be great. I thought I knew how to get in and get out, but now there is definitely something new that I will have to keep my eye on." Alex cleaned up the last few bits of food off his plate and drank some water. "I am ready to head out whenever you are Salean."

Salean smiled and with one mouth full shoveled the rest of her food in to her mouth and swallowed it with on gulp, she jumped up and packed up her bow and her quiver of arrows, mounting them over her shoulder and then turned to Alex and smiled "I'm good almost anytime but I need to make a stop first, I always like to take a quick swim at the pond before hunting, it helps keep my sent at a down low for easier hunting.... they can't smell us coming" She gave him a little grin and then walked over to the door and then looked back at him over her shoulder "You don't have a problem with that do you?" she smirked at him. Her thoughts started to wonder agen as she looked over at him, she tried to stop, she tried to push them aside and focus on the day ahead of them both but she couldn't quite control them, he was really hansom and with that thought came so many others that she could not contain, she bit her lip slightly and continued to smile at him.

"That is fine by me," Alex agreed. "I'm sure a swim in the morning would be pretty refreshing." He went to stepped towards the door, but paused as he noticed Salean staring at him. "Lead the way?" Alex said and kinda asked at the same time, not sure what she was doing. He could tell she was thinking about something, but wasn't sure if he should ask, if it ended up being something about the beast he wouldn't want to bring up bad memories. Alex looked back into her bright bit eyes has he slung his bow and quiver over his head. "Do we need to bring something else?" Alex guessed at what she was thinking, trying to bring her focus back.

Salean blinked a few times trying to pull back her focus from her own wondering thoughts, she smiled quickly and then nodded "Umm.... ya... ya there is..." she blushed a bit and ran to a shelf on the one side and grabbed a small sack "We will need to eat something while were out...... better be prepared!" she let out a slightly nerves giggle and then back to the door "well we better get going!" She open the door and led them out side, picking up a couple more things and then turned to him and said smiling "Ok ready let get going then shall we!"

She lead him threw the forest and to the clearing near the pond with the water fall. She walked over to a large rock and put down her bow and quiver of arrows and started to take off her cloths not really paying any mind to Alex, this was normal for her and she really didn't think to much of it. After her cloths were off she ran and jumped in to the pond with a big splash, she popped her head up from under the water and giggled "Come on in! The water is most refreshing this time of day!" she smiled at him before taking a deep breath and diving under the water agen.

"That is a great idea." Alex agreed as Salean grabbed some food. "I'm all ready to head out." He began to follow her out of her home and out into the forest. It wasn't too long until they made it to what must be her swimming pond. It was quiet and calm, with some rays of sunshine poking through the trees. He stopped to admire the beautiful scene in front of him before putting down his bow and other supplies.

When Alex looked back over at Salean he saw her stripping all her clothes off. He immediately averted his eyes of respect, but he began to think that she really didn't mind, or at least realize that he was there. Alex couldn't help but look back at her. Her body was absolutely amazing, perfectly fit and toned in every area. He tried to snap back into focus as she dove into the water. Alex began taking off some of his close, down to his underwear and walking over to the waters edge. He test the water with his foot first before diving in after Salean. He popped back up and shook the water off his hair a bit. "Wow, this is really nice!"

Salean swam around Alex and smiled "This is my favorite spot to come when I want to swim, its never cold, its always warm, i love this spot..." she dipped her head under the water and popped back up a little closer to Alex this time still smiling, she brushed the wet strands of her hair away from her face and giggled " you know what else is really neat about this spot..... come fallow me!" she led him to the back of the pond where a large rock wall blocked the area and had a very small trickle of water coming off like a small water fall. She turned to face him agen and smiled "I hope you can hold your breath well, were going to need to dive under here and swim a little bit to get to were i want to show you!" she took a few deep breaths and dived under the water, signaling him to fallow her just before she went under.

She swam threw this large opening under the water and threw to the other side, she turned up and popped her head out of the water on the other side, they were now in a large cave with a small bank on the other side with another small water fall coming in from an opening from the ceiling, there was greenery everywhere with some sprouting flowers on them and some of the morning sun was popping in threw the top and reflecting in the water lighting everything up.

"It really is quite the nice place." Alex agreed with a smile as he tread water taking in the scene. He watched her enjoy the water and swim up to him. "Um . . . ok" Alex agreed not sure where they were headed next. He swam close behind here until they got to what seemed like a rock wall. "Where now?" Alex asked her seeming a bit confused. Then she dove under and disappeared under the wall. Taking in a deep breath Alex raced after her, hoping he wouldn't get lost. After a pretty long swim Alex saw some light at the surface of the water and started to swim up to it.

He popped up in another separate and seemingly secret pond. "Wow . . . " Alex gasped looking around at the hidden waterfall. "This place is amazing." He was very impress by this place. It was so private yet so beautiful. "How did you ever find it?"

Salean smiled and giggled lightly "Iv lived here all of my life, I can't remember how I found this place just were its always been" she swam up to the shallower end of the water and claimed up on to the dry ledge in the center of the secret pond, it was full of moss and small flowers that grew due to the sun coming in from the top of the ceiling, she crawled to the center and sat down with her legs crossed looking up at the light and smiled "This has always been my most favorite and safest place to come when ever I can get the chance..." she continued to smile and looked back down at Alex "... its quite often that I get the chance, so I come here a lot in fact...." she continued to sit there with her legs crossed and her hands between them and grind widely at Alex "... your always welcome to come here whenever you like!"

Back
Top Bottom