Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pain, Scars and Bleeding Hearts (FemShep and Raziel99)

"That's great. We can stop by to grab some stuff, hopefully my dad will either be passed out or gone. Wait, you have a brother?" She asked with a smile. She was obviously a only child and always wondered what it was like to have a sibling, but she did wonder why would his brother care about her asking too many questions?

“I have two brothers, both older.” He said, looking forward as the teacher came into the class. He leaned his head over to whisper. “We’ll get your necessities after class. Then you start a free life.”

She smiled giving a nod understanding him then faced forward to look at the teacher, but really her mind was elsewhere. She thought about the new life she was about to have in about two hours. Emilee felt grateful that Zal was actually kind enough to help a girl he barely even knew. There had to be a way to pay him back and his brothers for allowing her to stay with them, but she didn't know what she would do yet.

Zalera really didn’t pay attention through class. He was mentally thinking over what had to be done for Emilee to truly be free from the tyrants that were her parents, and keeping in touch with his brothers to make sure things went as streamlined as possible. Class was over soon enough, though, and Zal got up with Emilee. “I suppose you should lead the way.” He said, with a smile.

"Sure." She smiled and walked with him to her house. Just as she feared her father was home perfectly awake. Her mom was at work, but her dad was the one that she truly feared. He saw them walk through the door and glared at them, but mostly Emilee. "I see you brought your little friend back." He replied getting up with a lit cigarette in hand. He motioned her to come to him, but she was hesitant to get any closer.

Zalera returned that cold glare with massive animosity. His body shifted almost instinctively, taking a step forward between Emilee and her father. “Go on, Emilee.” He said to her, tilting his head slightly to say it, but his eyes never leaving her father.

Emilee didn't say anything and quickly moved to go to her room to pack what was absolutely needed. Her father glared at him not feeling threatened by him. "Who the fuck do you think you are? Do you seriously think you could just take her away?"

Zalera glared back with venomous hatred for the man. “As if you have any control over what she wishes. She’s 20 years old, she can do whatever she wants.” His arms crossed and his body relaxed, even as his muscled coiled, smelling a conflict.

"She's my daughter. She listens and obeys me! It doesn't matter what age, she knows whose in charge of her and I'm not letting some fucker take her away." He shouted angerily and pushed him trying to start a fight

“That doesn’t sound like a father talking.” The push barely made his body shake, and he didn’t change his stance at all. “I would not touch me again, sir. I will have to defend myself.”

Her father replied "I'd love to see you do something about it." Just before he could do anything else Emilee came back down stairs with a bag that was big enough to have her clothes and her hygiene stuff inside, since that was all she really needed. "I'm ready. We better go." She said worried from hearing her father's shouting downstairs. "Like hell you are!" He shouted and grabbed her arm.

Zalera moved fast as lightning as Emilee was grabbed by her father, his palm smashing hard into the inner elbow of her father’s arm to buckle it, then his other hand slamming into the man’s chest as his foot knocked the back of his knee, sending him to the floor. “I let you off with a warning about attacking me, but I will not let you assault your daughter. Let’s go, Emilee.” He waited for her to leave the house before going himself, closing the door.

Emilee was silent for a moment, but smiled to see her father get beaten down so easily and what he said back there made her smile a bit more. Walking beside him she replied "Thank you Zal. I don't know what he would've done. You sure kicked his ass back there. Where'd you learn to fight like that? Fighting classes?" She asked out of curiosity.

Zalera was silent for a long moment as they left her house, walking down the street before hailing a Taxi for the short-ish journey. “I’ve learned a few martial arts over the years, yeah.” He said, with a chuckle, turning to Emilee. “It helps in times like that.”

She smiled and replied "Really? Sure sounds interesting I never got to learn martial arts because of...well it's obvious why." She chuckled getting in the taxi with him and smiling softly

He told the driver the location before leaning back in the seat, turning his head to look at Emilee. “Yeah. He’s an asshole. But he’s in his place now, and he’ll never bother you again.”

She smiled and replied "Yeah he's always been like that, but now that you saved me from there it seems that I have nothing to worry about with him anymore." She laid back in her seat sitting close to him and her hand almost touching his

“No, you don’t.” He smiled, shifting slightly. His hand slid over, finding hers, his fingers lacing between hers. “He will never bother you again. That I can swear to you. Are you ready to have a new life, now? Without having to look over your shoulder because of him?”

She smiled and blushed lightly as he held her hand and held his back. "I've been waiting for this for years. I'm more then ready. I just hope I won't be too much trouble for your family."

He chuckled. “No trouble at all. There are, however, a few things you will have to learn. Things you will have to learn, deal, and perhaps cope with. But that is for another time, and you will never be in danger again.”

She wondered what he meant when he mentioned having to cope with something. How bad could it possibly be that bad? She really did feel safe with him nearby and replied "With you protecting me I don't doubt that for a second." She smiled sweetly at him

“You will have more than myself protecting you.” Zalera said, smiling as he turned his head to her. “You’ll have my brothers to protect you, too. They don’t take kindly to the household being disrupted by others.” The taxi stopped, and Zal helped Emilee out of it, grabbing her bags.

The De La Crux estate. It was a massive building, a manor with two wings and a large courtyard in the center of it all. The taxi had stopped at the front door, and Zalera took her stuff to the doors. “Welcome to your new home.”

Emilee smiled at him when he mentioned his brothers would protect her too. Normally she wasn't the type to want protection, but something about Zal made her feel so safe that she didn't care about that. She was just happy to know someone so amazing and caring.

The manor was absolutely breathtaking. The massive building was something she only saw in books and dreamt of living in them. "Wow. It's so beautiful." She smiled marvelling the manor

“You get used to it after a while.” He said, opening the front doors. The main hall was huge, with doors lining the place on both the left and right walls for three floors, the grand staircase against the far wall. The floor was marble, and pillars reached to the ceiling. “Alexander has extravagant tastes.”

Again Emilee was amazed by the manor, it's interior was even more amazing then she imagined. Hearing Zal's comment she chuckled and replied "This is gonna take some getting use to. But I think I can do it."

Back
Top Bottom