Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pain, Scars and Bleeding Hearts (FemShep and Raziel99)

“I wouldn’t say Cammy is superior, you just have to be a damn good Vega to beat a good Cammy because she’s a solid counter to him.” Zal shrugged, but froze when she leaned close, whispering to him. He took a long moment to think of how to respond, completely aware of how close she was to him. He took a swallow before whispering back. “What do they say you did? Why are they so cruel to you?”

She took a moment to think of how to put it before speaking softly. "They think I had sex with my father because I wanted to. They said I pushed myself onto him, but...they're wrong." Her voice had a pain filled tone as her voice began to shake a little. She tried to stop herself l, but she couldn't hold back her tears any longer

Zal turned to her, and automatically wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close, her cheek to his chest. “Shh…” It was a soft sound, as he thought to himself. He kissed her forehead and whispered to her more. “I’ll get you out of here. I just need tonight to get everything set up. How long has it been happening?”

She felt so safe in his embrace like he truly was protecting her from the outside world. Hearing his shush actually calmed her down and with feeling his strong chest against her cheek, her tears stopped falling. She was quiet for a minute before answering "I was 13 when he started using me. So...seven years." She answered not realising how long it's really been

Zalera nodded slowly, his forehead against the top of her head. “That’s a long time.” He said softly. “Too long. And the last time it will happen, ok? I’ll get you out of here. I promise.” He pulled away slowly, smiling before picking his controller back up. “Alright, another round?”

She felt a sense of hope as he promised to save her from her torment. He felt so loving and protective of her. She didn't know why he cared so much, but she didn't question it. Before he pulled away she whispered "Thank you...Zal." Emilee sat back up and grabbed her controller smiling at him. "Yeah. Another round." Her cursor moved right over Chun Lee and replied playfully "You won't win this time Zal."

Zal smirked at her sureness of winning this time. “Maybe, maybe not. She has some good strong moves, but her better attacks have the same problem Vega does.” This time Zal changed the color scheme for Cammy, and got into the gritty, dirty fight. This time it was much closer, and came down to a lucky ultra in the final round, but he got the better of her.

When the match was over Emilee dropped her controller and playfully replied "Are you kidding me! I was so close! You and Cammy I swear." She chuckled and looked over at him, not angry at all. "Wanna go another round or...is it getting late?" She asked. She knew he would leave sooner or later, but she really didn't want him to leave her. Even if it was just for one more night she was stuck here.

Zal chuckled as he saw her reaction. “Cammy is one of my best characters, but I can drop down a tier for you.” With that the curser flew over to Ken, basic skin. “And I have nothing to do tonight. Always time for another round, if that’s ok with you.”

Emilee smiled and replied "Good. I didn't want you to leave anyway. One of these days I'll beat you when you choose Cammy. I'm always up for another round." She smiled and nudged him playfully with her elbow. Then she selected M. Bason this time. As they waited for the match to start Emilee quickly kissed his cheek then got ready as the match was about to start.

“Eventually. Maybe. We’ll see.” He teased, although he couldn’t help but grin when she kissed his cheek. But that didn’t mean he went easy on her, nor did it stop him from noticing her weak point in this game. She liked characters with charge attacks, which meant that he played really aggressively. And Bison was no match for Ken’s fist. “Maybe you should switch to someone like Viper.”

She looked at him and chuckled. "Yeah maybe. This is not the game I'm the best at." She tried to explain her loosing streak which she wasn't use to having. "Alright Viper it is." She chuckled and selected Viper. "But I better win this time or else." She playfully threatened, but wasn't the least bit threatening

“It just takes practice. And if you don’t know the champ, you aren’t going to win. Viper was just a suggestion at an easier champ.” Zal kept with his Ken, and although the game was really close (Because Viper is really overpowered and easy to play), Zal won, by the thinnest of margins. Because block ultra combo counters are overpowered.

Emilee glared at him in a obviously non threatening or angry way. But she dropped her controller and laid her head against his shoulder in defeat. "I surrender. I don't know how many ass kickings I can taking in a row in one night." She chuckled softly and asked "How are you so good Zal?" Emilee didn't move her head, but she did look at him when she asked her question.

Zal smiled, his hand idly moving to run through her hair as she laid her head on his shoulder. “Well, I practiced the Super version of this game for a long time, went to tournaments and won them. That’s how.” He turned his head and chuckled, before sighing. “But I suppose now is time for me to go.”

Emilee looked up at him looking sad and sighed "Okay...if you have to. You're still letting me move in with you tomorrow right?" She asked looking concerned, hoping he didn't change his mind about it. She enjoyed his fingers in her hair through, it was oddly relaxing to her.

Zal nodded, offering a half smile to her. “Yes, tomorrow I can move you in.” His fingers were slow in her hair, but they soon enough left, as he slowly stood. “I will see you tomorrow, Emilee.”

Emilee sighed, but smiled at him then replied "Yeah I'll see you tomorrow Zal. I had fun tonight despite my horrible losing streak. Still, fun." She chuckled slightly as she looked away a bit messing with her own hair. "Good night Zal." She added, feeling happy that this wouldn't be their final goodbye this was just their beginning.

Zalera smiled. “It was fun. We’ll see about you getting better at it soon, yeah?” He headed to the door, nodding to her before he left. “See you tomorrow, have a good night.”

Emilee smiled and watched as he left. But she worried about her dad now that they were alone again. There was no sign of him, but there was a almost empty bottle of Vodka on the table. Seeing that told her that her dad was asleep and most likely her mom as well. So she headed up stairs to crawl into bed and tried to sleep. Feeling lucky to have had such a great night.

Zalera actually stuck around for a short time outside, in case something actually happened. Thankfully, nothing did, and he took several steps down the road before he simply disappeared into the shadows. The following day he was at the school, sitting around with a book in hand, reading silently to himself.

The next morning Emilee walked into class, avoiding all of the other students as usual. She smiled seeing Zal again, she approached him as if she didn't know him."Mind if I sit next to you?" She asked smiling.

Zalera lifted his head to her and smiled, an honor that very few were able to get from him. “Of course, take a seat. Did you have a good night?” He lowered his head back down to read, although his mind and ears were completely open for her.

As Emilee sat down next to him she answered "Surprisingly I did. My father was too drunk and passed out so I was safe for the night. How about you?" She asked looking at him as he read his book.

“Oh, the night was wonderful. I spoke to my brother Alexander, and he says it is alright if you come into the folds, as long as you don’t ask too many questions.” He shrugged as he closed his book, putting it to the side of the table. “So after class we can grab some of your things and head over to my place.”

Back
Top Bottom