Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Taming the Demon-Lady/Moon

Alica bit her lip, before nodding.”well, I can do that. A friend would be nice, even if he is weird.”She said wrinkling her nose a little looking amused as she walked inside. Looking startled as soleyiu woke, and the pendant didn’t hurt him she looked surprised at the reaction before grinning. “I did. And I made plenty so you can eat as much as you want.”She said smirking, looking amused as she considered just how long she could lead him on, making him think she was richer then just middle class. They did okay, but they weren’t rich by any means.sighing she shrugged.”No. Meat’s easier to come by these days, then when you last were awake.”

he stared at her for a moment, waking up the rest of the way before shaking his head a little. he'd wanted to listen in on that conversation, no doubt it had something to do with him... but he'd fallen asleep. it was nice to be able to sleep. he had been trapped for so long he was amazingly tired. though he was regaining his strength, he knew that a part of the tree was still connected to him, so while it didn't suck at his strength, it did repress him. until the little human died, he wouldn't be able to raze the cities to the ground. it wouldn't take her long to die, as all humans did though. he would learn about this world in the meantime, bit his time until she died, and then he would have his way with the world. "is it?" he asked curiously at her answer to his questioning the beef. "so beef is for anyone now?" he asked, looking pleased. "i love beef." he admitted, sitting back down and tearing into his steak like... well like a demon. Kohaku actually had to defend his dinner when the Demon plowed through most of the food. "Ouch! YOU BASTARD OLD FOSSIL! I"LL RIP YOUR? GUTS OUT AND STREW THEM ACROSS THE FLOOR!" Soleiyu roared when Kohaku stabbed the demon with his fork when Soleiyu tried to take his steak. not that the old man was afraid of the demon's hollering. they all knew Soleiyu couldn't do a damn thing to the human, especially when it was his own fault.

Alica squirmed a little as he watched her, looking nervous as she was looked at. The man made her uncomfortable, definitely now that she knew that she was part of why he had woken. Alica smiled looking pleased when she realized that he was liking the food, eating hers but scolding him lightly when soleiyu tried to take the steak.”Sol, stop. Please, I’ll just make you more.”She soothed looking amused that the man was so hungry before getting up and starting to make more. “It’s available to everyone. Its not hard to get, so I’ll just make you some more.”She said smiling

Soleiyu growled at the old fossil who dared deny him what he wanted, but he relaxed without even realizing it when Alica told him to. he still glared furiously at Kohaku, but had stopped yelling threats at the man at least. he huffed and looked away from Kohaku when the old man snickered at the Demon's rather childish nature, and Kohaku took the time to study the Demon. really it wasn't that scary, now that it wasn't trying to kill them all. and the way it responded to Alica, without even noticing it... Kohaku sensed that things where going to be alright. well, for now anyway. "so tell me Demon. are there others, do you know?" "...i can't be sure." Soleiyu admitted suddenly. "i do sense some faint signatures, but they are either very far away, or in dormancy like i was." he admitted. "not that it matters, most Demon's didn't care for me much." he admitted simply. "because i am different from they are." "...different?" "...mmm. i suppose it would be like you, addressing an emperor..." he admitted simply. "i am... i was royalty, the other Demon's where afraid of me, as was only proper of course. if that damn Akahoshi hadn't locked me in that forsaken Crystal, i'd be ruling the earth right now." he scowled. "now that i am awake, i have no doubt that the other Demon's will try and kill me, hoping me to be weak after my long incarceration. they will try to take the Title of Demon King from me, and i simply cannot allow that." Kohaku looked rather frightened now. "...other Demons might come here!?" "...i don't know. not for a while. they won't be able to sense me yet. my power levels are too low. they'd have to be within the same city, and i'd feel them if they where that close."

Alica frowned glancing at the demon, tilting her head a little.”We no longer have a emperor.”She said vaguely, focusing on the stupid thing instead of how much it frightened her to consider having another demon nearby. Swallowing hard she turned off the stove, putting soleyiu’s food onto a plate before sitting down gain, and sliding it over to him.”Here. Eat. If others are going to be coming here, you need to be stronger.”She said sounding anxious.

he looked stunned. "you... you don't have an emperor!?" he demanded, looking stunned. "so... who rules over you then!?" he demanded, looking baffled as he took the whole plate and slid it over to himself and tore into a chunk of the meat. "like i said, it will take a while for my strength to return. by the time they notice that my power levels are above average, it will be too late for them to do anything about it. the damned Tree sucked up most of my power, but it will be helpful in masking my own power signatures. it's a very powerful tree after all." he admitted. "even i have to admit that. that Tree was the only reason that Akahoshi could trap me at all." he admitted. "he was a tricky sneak who didn't fight fair the bastard!" he snarled, tearing off another chunk of meat, leveling a glare at Kohaku. "you're a cheating bastard too! i can only cackle in glee knowing i will see you die of old age! i've heard it's a horrible way to go." he hissed, looking delighted as he tore up the last piece of meat before sighing as he leaned back, looking pleased. "ah how i love beef... tastes almost as good as human." Kohaku turned a bit green and slid the last bit of his steak to the Demon, who gulped it down without preamble. "So. i'm tired. and i feel sweaty. i want a bath and a bed." he ordered. "and it better be a WARM bath!" no doubt, he was expecting them to have to heat the water over a fire. plumbing hadn't been invented when he'd last been awake.

“No, we have a president. Someone who’s in control and takes care of things.”Alica said smiling at him, looking amused at his reaction before looking down at the table before nodding.”Well then, we’ll just have to deal with it when they come.”She said giggling a little when he glared at kohaku, finding their words amusing. “Don’t look so delighted.”She scolded lightly before rolling her eyes, looking sickened at the thought of human before smiling. “Of course it will be a warm bath. Come on.”She said looking amused knowing they were going to shock him, smirking as she walked into the bathroom and turned on the water. Waiting a moment before grabbing his hand and sticking it under the hot water.”Is it to warm?”

he blinked at her for a moment. "Pres...ee..dent?" he asked, blinking again. "what a strange word... no emperor..." he shook his head. "how strange... this world is strange..." he mumbled, sighing a little. "i will kill any Demon that dares to step into MY territory." Kohaku smirked a little. because this place was the only place that Soleiyu knew, he had claimed it as his, and would defend it tot he death. much like a rabid dog. he followed her, curiously as she led him up the stairs and he gasped as she turned on the water and he shoved her out of the way. "Look out! Water Demon!" he ordered, flames bursting into his hands he struck the water hard, splashing it all over the bathroom walls and floor before he paused and blinked. "...eh?" he studied the water intently, his head cocked to the side. "but... where is the Demon? water can't run on it's own... and water doesn't go 'up' like this... where is the Demon?" he muttered, frowning as he studied the faucet. "in here? is it trapped?" he muttered, tapping the metal faucet. "there's no seals... nothing... so is it here willingly? working for you?" he looked at her, frowning. "...i don't understand..."

Alica yelped as she was shoved, stumbling back into the door, wincing as she hit the doorjam hard with her shoulder. Swallowing hard as she watched him attack the ‘demon’, rubbing her shoulder as she moved towards him again, wondering just how amusing it would be for him to consider a demon working for them.”yes, it’s a demon, called plumbing.”She said snickering,teasing him lightly before shaking her head.”Seriously, sol, no its not a demon. It’s a human creation, a way to bring water to us, by way of this.”She said her fingers brushing his as she touched the faucet.

he blinked at her. "Plumbing? that is a stupid name for a Demon..." he muttered, scowling as he studied the Faucet before looking at her again. "humans made this? how does it work?... or is it like the Zipper?" he asked curiously as he slid his hand under the water again and smiled. "how do you make the water warm? not even Water Demon's can do that without fire..." he admitted as he stroked the water, looking enthralled. "it's amazing... like a personal little waterfall..." he mumbled, touching the faucet. "it's nice, i think... much better than the hassle of having to boil water over a fire and then having to wait for it to cool down..." he muttered with a small smile. "well, go away then." he ordered. "i do not want company while i bathe." he ordered, steering her out of the bathroom and casually tossing her out of the room, though it was a very gentle shove and she certainly wouldn't run into anything. the door clicked shut behind her before it suddenly opened again. "how do you make the water stop? there's no drain, so the water won't go down when it gets too full..."

“Yes, humans made it.”She said giggling a little at his stupid name for a ‘demon’. “It is pressure, like a stream, only directed through the metal to get here.”She said smiling at him, looking amused at his enthrallment. “IT runs over heated metal, and it warms it enough to be pleasant.”she said tilting her head a little before laughing as she was steered out of the room.”I didn’t want to stay anyways.”She said blushing a little before looking up at him as he stepped out.”Here. I’ll show you.”She said stepping back inside and showing him how to stop the water and make sure the bath was plugged up so he could bathe before stepping towards the door leaving a towel for him.”Do you need anything else?”

he blinked at her a little. "steam? how fascinating..." he muttered. "how ingenious! Human's have really progressed..." he muttered. "i'm rather stunned..." he admitted as he listened to the explanation. he watched her work the water with a nod, doing it himself to check and make sure he could do it before shooing her back out. he stayed in the bath for almost an hour, soaking in the warm water with a sense of almost... contentment. he rather liked this place. there was all the meat he could eat, effortless hot water. and he had a feeling that the beds where very soft. he finally stepped out of the bathroom with a pair of old sleeping pants that Kohaku had dropped off. "that was... wonderful." he admitted simply, smiling a little. "i am really beginning to enjoy this place. perhaps i won't kill you all after all..." he mused. "i'll keep all the ones who know how to work the stuff to make hot water and nice clothes." he decided, "i'll only kill the useless humans." he decided, Kohaku rolling his eyes. "whatever Demon. there are not many useless humans." he admitted simply. "now then, this will be your room." he stated, sliding open the guest room door. Soleiyu smirked a little as he examined the bed and touched it. "soft... i knew it!" he muttered delightedly as he crawled into bed. and just like that, he was asleep and out of their hair. "humph! he didn't even say thank you!" Kohaku complained with a small scowl.

Alica smiled looking up from the book she was reading, looking amused. “Good. I;m glad you liked it.”She said pleased for him before getting up, and walking with him.”well, you’ll have to work to find some useless humans.”She snorted looking amused as she watched him fall asleep.

In the morning alica smiled tiredly as she finished cooking breakfast, eggs and bacon, glancing at soleyui as he came into the kitchen.”Did you sleep well?”She said glancing at him, worried that he was going to be upset at actually finding that he was enjoying the human world.

Soleiyu looked rather sluggish as he came back down and he sat down in his chair, blinking a little at her, staring rather stupidly. "Demon's don't wake up well." Kohaku stated, sliding a cup of Coffee over to the demon who blinked stupidly at it before sniffing at it, his head cocked curiously. "it's called Coffee, try some. it's very bitter though." Soleiyu frowned at that and picked the cup up, sniffing it again before taking a sip, choking on it and gagging, offering Kohaku a scowl who snickered. "alright. black is out. let's try this." he added milk and sugar to the cup and slid it over to the demon, who looked stunned that the Coffee had changed colors and sniffed it again before taking a small wary sip. he studied the coffee before taking a bigger sip and Kohaku snorted. "figures. i should have known Demons would have a sweet tooth. well eat some breakfast Demon and we'll talk about your jobs while your staying here." that had Soleiyu alert. "...excuse me?" "you're too expensive to simply have lounging about! you ate six steaks last night!" they are cheaper than they where in your time, but they're still expensive!" "...i'll just take treasure from local villages." "you will not!"

“No, it doesn’t seem that they do.”Alica said smiling looking amused as the demon looked at the coffee.”Hopefully he wont act weird with it.”Alica said looking amused as she considered a demon hyper off caffeine. “Hmm, yes, it seems he’s going to have a sweet tooth. At least we can go get him snacks easier.”She said sounding thoughtful before glancing at the two arguing about jobs. Tilting her head a little.”He could come to school with me, teach class to.I could tell them he’s a visiting professor who wants to help me with class.”

Kahaku chuckled a little. "i can't imagine that a cup of coffee will bother him too badly. tea back then was a lot more energizing than coffee is these days." he admitted simply. "we're going to have to introduce him to the concept of brushing his teeth... can you imagine trying to take him to the dentist?" Kohaku mused, studying the Demon intently. "no, that would never turn out good." all those fun little 'instruments' that a dentist used... Soleiyu would completely panic no doubt. they both turned and looked at her, blinking stupidly. "you want to... take him THERE!?" "...what is a Shcul?" Soleiyu asked, Kohgaku turning to Soleiyu. "it's a place where youngsters gather to learn. you know, reading, writing, arithmetic... can you even real Soleiyu?" "...no." Sol admitted simply. "at least, i can't read human words. Demon's had their own form of written language, though we did adapt to human speech for the sake of simplicity... after all, what's the point of yelling 'you're all going to die', 'or Feel my wrath puny mortals!' if they can't understand you?" he asked, smirking as Kohaku blinked at him. "...he's not going to school with you Alica. there's too many people there. he'll attract too much attention. especially with that horn on his head." Sol blinked and reached up. "what, this?" he asked before pushing on the tip... it sank into his forehead, leaving only a large black circle on his forehead, like a strange Tattoo. and in an instant, he looked completely human, because witht he loss of his horn, his claws turned into fingernails, and his fangs turned to normal teeth. Kohaku was choking on his eggs he was so shocked.

“Well…that’s true. Maybe it wont be to bad.”She said looking amused before laughing at the vision of soleiyu going to the dentist.”No, that wouldn’t be something good.”She said looking bemused before shrugging. “Why not?I teach history. He’s a living history lesson.”She said smirking a little before giggling at sol’s words. While it was vaguely disturbing about killing humans, but the idea of him yelling in demon and everyone just staring at him was amusing. “Well…that’s true.”She said looking saddened at the idea of not taking him with him, before starting, looking up at him with slight wide eyes. “W..wow. Now, he can go.”She said looking stunned at the sight of the human demon.

Kohaku snorted a little as he shook his head. "he's a teacher in DEMON history... do you really think he paid any attention to what the humans where doing?" "of course i didn't care what the humans where doing." Soleiyu complained with a roll of his eyes. "i mean really... they are not worth the attention." he stated with a sniff as he helped himself to the eggs and bacon. "i care nothing for human knowledge." he stated with narrowed eyes at Alica. "however... this 'Schul" will have many new inventions there, will it not? i will accompany you, and you will tell me what i want to know about the things we see." Kohaku sighed and closed his eyes. "we're going to have to think of a cover story. people are going to get uneasy when they see him asking about such commonplace items... like pencils." "Pen, Cil?" Soleiyu asked, looking confused. "it's a writing utensil. you used coal sticks right? and Quills and ink?" Soleiyu nodded. "yes." he admitted simply. "you don't use those anymore?" "no. we use ink pens. no more leaking or dripping." Kohaku admitted with a smile. "now then, a cover story..." "simple." Soleiyu stated with a smirk. "i am a foreign prince from another country." Kohaku blinked at him and then nodded. "that would work... i guess. it would certainly keep people from thinking too much about the dot on his head and the strange questions if he comes from a third world country... but why would he be here?" "simple. i am looking at the new 'techniliology' to take back to my home country to better improve the quality of my people's lives." Kohaku's eyes narrowed. "you've done this before." "yes. hiding amidst the humans was rather fun sometimes. i was actually a ruling king in some country called England for quite a while. i did so enjoy being a tyrant."

“Well, that’s true. But he needs to do something.”Alica said shrugging a little sighing quietly as as she ate her own food before nodding. “It will. Lots of them actually.”She said before thinking over the cover story, eyes widening slightly as she watched the two talk about it, swallowing hard. Giggling a little she smirked.”Well, you would make a good tyrant. And England still exists.”She said laughing before getting up. “I better go get ready.”She said walking out of the room, returning in a few moments in a good part of jeans and a dress shirt before looking at soleiyu.”You’re dressed fine, unless you want more fancy clothes.”

Kohaku sighed a little. "this is not going to end well... but alright." he muttered, shaking his head. "i'd really rather... he was doing something a bit more active, but at least he won't be in my hair." "i'll be killing other Demon's for you old man. or would you rather i just let them eat you?" "ah... no." Kohaku muttered with a grimace. "these clothes will be fine." Soleiyu stated with a sniff. "i rather enjoy them." he stated simply, wolfing down the last of the food on the Table. at least they wouldn't have to worry about leftovers or food going bad. he finished his Coffee and studied the newspaper that Kohaku had left behind, his head tilted. "perhaps i had best learn to read human words. i have a feeling that there aren't many demon's left..." he muttered, shaking his head a little. "what sort of world did i end up in Akahoshi? why would you let me free now of all times?" Soleiyu wasn't stupid, after all. he knew very well that if Akahoshi had wanted to, he'd have sealed Soleiyu up for life, and wouldn't have needed 'guardians' at all... so why? he stopped thinking about it when he stepped out of the temple and followed Alica, his extraordinarily long bangs floating in the wind, as his short spiky hair in the back stayed completely still as if held in place by glue. "...what is this funny looking tree?" he asked, looking up at a Power Pole, his head cocked to the side. that was the whole trip to school. what is this, what is that, why are those people dressed so funny? and as Kohaku expected, they got a lot of attention every time Soleiyu asked something so strange. he had never seen so many humans in one place before either. there had to be hundreds of thousands of them! "...how many humans are there on earth these days?" he asked her, nearly fainting when he heard the number. 3.4 billion.... good lord no wonder Demon's where so rare! the human's had completely overpowered them!

“Well, if he fights or does something active, people are going to know he’s different.”Alica pointed out looking amused at his like for the clothes, flushing a little at his question. Knowing why he had awoken worried him, because she had no idea how to handle the demon at her side. Swallowing as she answered his questions she smiled indulgently as she answered. Looking amused as she stepped into the school she looked up at him. “Now behave. The students I teach are little ones, younglings. They will enjoy being with you, because you are different. No hurting them.”She scolded lightly looking nervous about bringing him here now that she was doing it as she headed into the school with him,

he looked utterly mortified when he mentioned children. "you...you teach little humans!?" he demanded, looking horrified. "i am NOT going in there! you can't make me! i refuse!" he stated, tossing his head and crossing his arms, looking so much like a petulant child himself that the other teachers who where watching started to giggle. "Alica! who is this handsome thing?" Melissa asked, rushing over to inspect the stranger. "oh my! what a funny Tattoo! you really are a very pretty man you know that? aren't you going to come inside and see the children?" Melissa... hyper as always. "No i am not! i HATE babies and children! Alica LIED to me! she said she was a teacher!" "...she is a teacher. she teaches children." "i refuse!" Soleiyu growled, his eyes narrowing at Melissa. "and who are you anyway!? to barge in on a nobles speech as such!?" "...nobles?" Melissa asked, shooting Alica a glance. "where did you pull this guy from? the middle ages?" "...what's this?" Soleiyu asked, completely forgetting that he was annoyed as he studied the handicap button on the side of the wall that made the doors open. he pushed it and his eyes went wide as the door opened on it's own and his head whipped around to stare at Alica. "the door opened on it's own! do you have Ghosts?" ".... Alica... who IS that guy?" Melissa asked, looking baffled. "honestly... everyone knows what an automatic door is..."

“I do. And you are, unless you want some other job.”She said looking amused because she so knew that this was going to be difficult. Snickering a little as she looked up at soleiyu.”This is soleiyu. He’s from new guniea, he’s a prince there.”She said smirking a little as she mentioned the quiet, out of the way island before snorting amused.”I did not lie!”She protested looking up at the demon in annoyance before snickering.”Something like that. They really haven’t gotten in touch with the modern world yet.”She said smirking a little before watching soleiyu and the door, nodding seriously.”Yes. Yes we have ghosts. Lots of them.”She said before looking at mellissa.”He’s visiting with my family, grandfather knew his father when he travelled when he was younger. But we better go in. Come along sol.”she said hustling the demon towards her second grade class.

Soleiyu scowled. "i don't want to be around children!" he complained, glaring at her. childrenw here messy, noisy, sticky, and grabby. he didn't want to deal with it! he crossed his arms and sulked again and Melissa's eyes went wide at the information. "really!? he's really a prince?!" she asked, looking stunned. "so that weird hairdo, and that Tattoo... must be prince things?" she asked, looking rather amazed. "...not in touch... so he really has no idea what Electricity is?" she asked, looking stunned as she realized that Sol was asking why those little glass bulbs where glowing. "You really have Ghosts at your beck and call!?.... hmm, i'm really going to have to start rethinking..." he muttered, frowning at the floor as he considered just how powerful humans had become. in his time they had been annoyances, not good for anything but food and slave labor... but these humans... the creators of so many amazing things, and the controller of ghosts and Demons... yes he was really going to have to rethink his decision to kill all the humans. clearly they where much more powerful now, he wasn't sure he COULD kill them all. he followed her into the school, scowling at any child who dared smile at him... not that it stopped the horrid little creatures from trying to swarm him once he stepped inside the classroom... and those questions! annoying little child questions, asking why his hair was white if he wasn't old, asking why his hair was so long... annoying! at least they hadn't tried to touch him yet.

“I don’t care if you don’t want to.”Alica said glaring back at the demon before nodding at Melissa.”He is. And nope, not a clue. Though I should probably not tell him things are run by ghosts.”She said snickering a little before looking at the bulbs.”Its called electricity sol. A way to capture light, its how the door worked to.”she said grinning as she settled into her day of teaching. After a few hours of questions and teaching abc’s, alica smiled tiredly as she settled the 20 young kids down for their daily naps, sitting down on the floor as she looked up at soleiyu, smiling slightly. “They’re not that bad are they?”She muttered looking amused at his reactions to the children and the world around him.

Back
Top Bottom