Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Taming the Demon-Lady/Moon

FoxWriter

Cluster
It was a very old legend, one that had been around for almost a thousand years... well that was what the owner, and Head Priest of the once popular Shrine said anyway. Not many people came to the shrine on the mountain anymore, only the old grandfather and the young priestess in training lived there now. The Grandfather was full of old stories, but his favorite was of the supposed Demon sealed deep inside of a Cave. The priestess had never been allowed inside the cave, and the way in was chained shut and locked tight, though the Iron bars in the entrance where old and rusted, there was no way inside. No way to see if the old stories where really true. The Grandfather knew, he had seen, but he feared the nightmares his granddaughter might go through if she saw at such a tender age. Then again, it might have just have been his overprotective nature, there was really no telling with Priest Kohaku. He was a bit of an enigma even to those who had known him all of his life.

Some thought it was the sight of whatever had been in that Cave that had done it, but he was still always willing to tell the story of the Demon who had come from nowhere. Well, seemingly nowhere. It had been powerful, had been able to leap mountains in a single stride, and destroy entire villages with only a sweep of his arm. It had looked remarkably human, but that had not stopped it from trying to destroy everything and anything in it's path. Legend said that it was a Priest, Kohaku's ancestor, that finally managed to contain the Demon in the cave, and force it into crystal, locking it in a forever sleep. As long as the crystal, known as the Subjugation Stone, remained unharmed, untouched, undisturbed... then the Demon would never walk free. For over a thousand years the Demon had remained locked in shimmering blue crustal, looking innocent, pretty even, until you saw that the half open eyes where filled with a desire to shed blood, a deep need to slaughter and kill... a hatred that had forever driven Kohaku mad with terror from months of nightmares. Those glowing golden eyes still haunted the old priests nightmares.

It was afternoon, school had been out for only a few hours when the massive tremor shook the earth, nearly bringing the old house and temple down around their heads. Kohaku was laying on the floor, where he'd fallen as the house shook and rolled and pitched from side to side. “...” he paused for a moment to make sure that the house wasn't going to fall down before he got to his feet and turned to his granddaughter and apprentice. “we have to check on the Demon!” he ordered, rushing into the other room and coming back with the keys. He couldn't make it down all those stairs anymore... he had no choice now, she had to go. “take the Key and go, do NOT touch the Crystal no matter what!” Kohaku ordered, pressing the key into her hands and shoving her out the door. He needed to check on the Tree, which was planted directly over the Demon, suppressing it's powers. It was the wood of that very tree that had originally weakened the Demon enough to be captured, contained, and then placed into the forever sleep. Kohaku didn't dare think what would happen if something happened to the Tree or the Subjugation stone.

The Cave itself was dark and frightening, it was wet and the steps where slick and slippery. The young Priestess had to walk for over twenty minutes to make it to the softly glowing space less than forty feet under the spiritual tree. What she saw would no doubt stun her beyond belief. It was a massive structure of almost clear crystal. Only a faint tint of blue. From the looks of things, the crystal was growing, getting larger and larger. In the very middle was a very distorted image until she came across a rather flat place, where his image was as clear as looking through Glass. The creature really was beautiful, wearing ancient Japanese battle robes with long flowing white hair that brushed his ankles. His golden eyes where half open, and though he was completely trapped and immobile and no doubt dead from lack of air and ability to even beat his heart, those hate filled golden orbs seamed to stay completely fixed on her, no matter where she stepped. Those eyes where the things of nightmares, but even worse was the sound that entered the air once she'd gotten a good look at the creature. A cracking sound. From the top of the crystal, buried in the ceiling, to the bottom, also buried, a thin crack shot down, as if cutting the Demon in half. And without any warning, the entire crystal shattered into dust, the Demon remaining frozen, his eyes fixed on her, as if he didn't yet know he could move. That, was not good.

This is what he looks like. Link

Lady Alica slipped and slid down on the stairs, hands resting on the wall as she walked. Scared and nervous to be in the tunnel that she had never walked into before, she had no idea what to do next. No idea what to expect. Suddenly finding herself in a cave that she had been forbidden to enter, scared her, even more as she considered what would happen if there really was a demon down here. Stopping at the bottom of the stairs she stared in front of her, at a loss for words.

A scream soon filled the air as she fell backwards, nto even realizing that she was screaming until she fell back onto the stairs, scrambling back wards, trying to get away from the man without drawing his attention. Stilling, she huddled on the ground, watching him with wide eyes as she considered what to do, not knowing how to move without drawing him to her.

(dude, I half expected sesshomaru when I clicked on the pic. Lol)

XDD i did that on purpose to annoy you XDD)

he didn't move for several heart wrenching moments and then, finally he blinked and took a slow deep breath, holding it, as if luxuriating in the feeling of pulling air into his lungs. he probobly was, he had to have been locked in that crystal formation for decades, if not a thousand years like the legend said. then he moved, raising a hand, which had previously been hidden by the robes. black claws replaced fingernails, and they tipped his toes as well, which was why he wasn't wearing shoes. he grunted as he started to stretch, as if he was waking up from a very long slumber, his body cracking as he stretched and worked the kinks out of his body. "Three hundred pathetic, puny Priests and Priestesses..." he hissed. clearly he didn't know how long he had been locked in that stone, but he had counted the number of people who came to him, to check and make sure he was still trapped. if one did the math, he was somewhere between 15000 and 20000 years trapped in rock. "Free at last, how could it have taken so long?" he demanded, clearly ignoring Alica completely as he looked around, noticing the thick roots that where wrapped around the Cave like some sort of bowl. "Filthy bastard... using the Tree..." he hissed, taking a single step back, away from the roots before those dead eyes turned to Alica.

"and you. Girl thing... you stink like HIM." the Demon hissed, lifting his hand and pushing his hair behind his ear before pulling a black ribbon out of a hidden pocket, tying it at the nape of his neck, which would keep his hair out of his face. "the one human who ever managed to best me, you stink like Akahoshi." he hissed, his eyes narrowed as he took a few steps towards her. "my Demonic powers are dulled from that disgusting Tree... but i will fix that soon." he stated simply, standing right in front of her now. "i will Kill you, human, and then i will RAZE that tree down! i will burn every single bit of bark, every last root, and crush every single leaf until there is nothing left but a gaping crater.... and then i will have my revenge upon this world." he hissed, his hand snapping out and wrapping around her neck, a shriek of pain falling from his lips as his hand burst into blue flame. the Spiritual Fire of the Guardian Tree. Alica, and Kohaku always wore a protective amulet made from the tree that had weakened the Demon, so that they would be protected from his Evil. "you foul little WENCH!" he snarled, shaking his hand, the burned flesh pealing away, revealing undamaged pale flesh underneath... as if he was shedding like a snake.

Alica watched him wide eyed, unable to figure out what to say, or how to respond besides going silent as she watched the two. Swallowing hard as she shuddered, “He is….a ancestor.”She said after a moment, sorting through what he had said. Yelping as he touched her, jerking back. Gasping a little as the amulet burned her to, a slight burn on her skin, the area reddened, the amulet’s closeness to her skin having burned her.

“It-it wasn’t me!II didn’t burn you.”Alica frowned looking up at him, her eyes widening as she watched his skin flake away. No wonder it had taken so many to imprison him, that was some serious talent for healing if he had shaken that off within moments.

he snarled at her, his eyes flashing with fury as she admitted that Akahoshi was her ancestor. Akahoshi was dead, but his spawn still lived, and he certainly wasn't about to let their scum remain on this earth. he would kill her, and everyone who was of a relation to her, and then he would resume his purge of the human race. all the human's would die, for they where nothing but a stain upon the beautiful earth. such ugly creatures didn't deserve to be alive. he glared at her as his hand was burned, and he flexed his fingers as the last bit of burned flesh flaked away. "you are a stain upon existence." he stated, his face an emotionless mask. it was like he was talking about homework, or about doing chores. something that simply had to be done. it was as if she was so far beneath his notice he was simply exterminating her simply because she was there. "now be still Wench, and i will make it relatively painless." he lifted his hand, each tip of his claw glinting in the light. he struck at her again, and once more the pendant sparked, and blasted the Demon with a massive burst of Spiritual Fire. this time it was his face that was pealing away, his eyes alight with such fury that he might have set HER aflame just with the look.

"Clearly i cannot touch you with my flesh." he hissed, his eyes narrowing as he considered her. "perhaps, since you like Fire so much, i shall show you some of mine?" he asked, a sadistic little smile on his lips as he flicked his wrists, each hand bursting into bright red flames that crackled and spat as if they where simply burning wood, instead of air and flesh. "Die, you pathetic little mortal!" he demanded, flinging his hand out at her, a wall of flames rushing towards her. it happened to fast for her to see, even if she'd managed to keep her eyes open, but the roots of the tree moved, shielding her, protecting her from the rush of crackling fire. then there was a massive blast of Blue Fire, and a thud... and just like that, the Demon was no longer a threat. the roots of the tree had protected her, and he had been struck down, his clothes burnt to ash save for his pants, every inch of his flesh pealing away. he'd nearly been struck dead in a second. no wonder the Demon had been buried under the tree. now all Alica had to do, was figure out how to control him, kill him, or seal him back into crystal.

“I am not!”Alica sputtered as she glared up at him, shocked out of her fear by his words, angry for them. Swallowing hard as she tried to get up, moving backwards as she saw him moving to kill her, yelping again as the pendant sparked, looking up at him with fear as she pushed up off the floor and stumbled back a step.

“Its not my fire!Stop trying to touch me and it wouldn’t happen!”She yelled falling backwards the tree protected her, gasping, looking amazed as she realized she was still alive. Swallowing hard as she stood slowly, “Demon?Are you still alive?”she said after a moment, realizing she was going to have to do something, if she was going to get out of this alive.

he snarled at her, baring fangs that could oh so easily torn through the flesh of her neck the way he clearly wanted to. he wanted to bathe in her blood and strew her innards about like some sick sort of confetti. at the moment he'd never get the chance, as the tree, and the pendant simply refused to let him harm the Priestess. "Alica! Are you alright!?" Kohaku demanded, carefully, carefully making his way down the steep slippery steps. "Oh dear Lord the Almighty in heaven..." he breathed, eyes wide as he stared at the burnt to a crisp demon... or rather, had been burnt to a crisp. he looked perfectly normal again. "he's free... we're all going to die!" he gasped before slapping himself, forcing himself to calm down... Kohaku had always been an odd duck. "ok... i think we can fix this... we can fix this... we just have to figure out how to fix the crystals..." he muttered, picking up the soft blue powder that was laying all over the floor. "...we're not fixing the Crystal's are we?" he asked, glancing at Alica. "what happened down here?" he asked, looking ever so worried about his granddaughter. "...Alica, if you are unhurt, go tot he Temple Shrine and press the pendant on Akahoshi's chest. it will open a cavity, bring everything you find there, here. i'll watch the Demon and make sure it stays down." he ordered setting a hand to the Tree and focusing. the roots writhed and then enveloped the Demon in a cage. now, even if the thing woke up, it hopefully wouldn't be going anywhere.

once she got tot he Shrine, the statue of a fighting Akahoshi, and pressed on the pendant that was around his neck, the pedestal that he was standing on opened. revealing several very old books, a few paintbrushes, a tiny blue stone, a seed, and a piece of rope. the human race was doomed. Kohaku seamed delighted to see the items though, and quickly started reading through the ancient Latin. a language that was supposed to be dead, but wasn't. Kohaku and Alica knew it very well. "we can make a way to control the Demon using the Seed and stone..." Kohaku murmured, examining the egg sized blue crystal, the same kind that had trapped the demon in the first place. "i don't have enough spiritual power left to do it, Alica. it will have to be up to you to control the thing." "I am not a thing that can be controlled." the Demon hissed, slowly rolling onto it's side with a grimace of pain before collapsing. weak, helpless because of the close proximity of the roots. "I am Aurum, The Great Dawn, and the New Beginning... and you will all suffer my wrath." he hissed before laying his head down and muttering curses at the tree roots which held him captive. Kohaku blinked at Alica. "...and we thought I was insane..." he muttered, picking up the pieces of leather that she had brought down. with only a matter of minutes, Kohaku fashioned three subjugation stones into a leather collar and two leather bracelets. he would look a bit like a Slave, but Kohaku didn't care, so long as the demon was controlled. "it won't be for long, Alica. we only need to control him long enough to find out how to seal him back into stone." he promised, examining the well made items in his hand. all priests and priestesses could make things with only their hands. the tiny seed too was placed into the leather, at the back, which would keep the Demon's power from overwhelming the stones. "...we just... have to get these on him...." but how in the hell where they going to do that? even with the demon weak and helpless looking, he could still probobly kill them if they got too close.

“I’m fine. I am!”She called looking at her grandfather, looking worried before shaking her head sadly as she looked at what was left of the crystal. “No, we’re not going to fix it.”She muttered looking worried before nodding quickly.”I’ll be right back.”She said before running back up the stairs to get what her grandfather needed. Looking amazed as she picked up the tiny stone she stared, trying to figure out what it was supposed to do. Shaking her head before she ran back downstairs she paused, looking at the demon.

“You are insane, grandfather…”She muttered nervously watching the necklace start to form, trying to figure out what she was going to be controlling, knowing this was going to be bad. Looking at the stones she swallowed hard, before taking the necklace from him.”I’ll do it.”She said before moving closer to the demon, careful not to step on his hands or hair, before crouching down and gently lifting his head and began working the collar onto him. Knowing that any minute she was going to die, but she was going to try.

Kohaku nodded as she raced off, keeping his eyes fixed on the Demon, which snarled furiously at them as they worked. "of course i'm insane! who wouldn't be insane after having to watch over that thing?" he demanded, shooting a rather terrified glance at the Demon, who was apparently known as the Aurum. or was that his name? it was impossible to tell really and he didn't seam too willing to be more forthcoming with his information. he hesitated as she picked up the necklace, but he knew he wouldn't be able to move fast enough if the demon attacked. Alica was, the demon was sluggish, weak for now. but the longer he was free, the more his powers would overcome the roots of the tree. at most, he could be contained in the root cage for a month, maybe two. "be careful Alica..." he whispered, the Demon's eyes snapping open as she came closer and he snarled, snapping at her with his teeth. the moment his tooth touched her though, the blue fire sparked and he flinched away from her, snarling as she tied the necklace around his neck. it clung to his skin, like a choker necklace, and the ends tied themselves together and the Demon jerked violently with a hiss, his eyes snapping shut. "his hands too." Kohaku ordered, moving over to help Alica, tying the bracelets in place so that the round stones where over the pulse in his wrist, the one on his neck just over his Adams Apple, the seed on the back of his neck. "there." he muttered, backing away from the Demon and picking up the books. "now you only have to exert your Will. you know how to do that." he stated. "if the Demon starts to try and attack, exert you're will and he will be punished." he frowned. "depending on the level of your emotion, will depend on how severely he's punished... but make sure to keep your pendant on."

Alica was quiet as she worked on tying the demon up, sitting back on her heels as she watched the demon.”I will. Don’t worry, I know he would hurt me if I took it off.”she muttered watching the demon as she bit her lip, trying to decide what to do. She knew that things were going to go badly, they couldn’t keep him here forever. Surely it would be better to work with him. “Demon…what is your name?”She said after a moment as she realized he was still sluggish, staying where she was but prepared to move away if he tried to hurt her again.

the demon snarled a little as he was being touched, but fell silent again as Alica stopped tying the things in place. he knew exactly what the bracelets and necklace would do. it would hurt too, of that he had no doubt. he was practically at their mercy and he just hated that. feeble little pathetic humans, they should all have died centuries ago, and if that blasted Akahoshi hadn't gotten int he way, they all WOULD be dead! he snarled as she spoke but paused as he realized just what she had asked and he lifted his head to stare at her for a long silent moment before he sighed and laid his head back down, closing his eyes. "...i am Soleiyu... Soleiyu the Aurum." he muttered softly and Kohaku glanced at his granddaughter, wondering if it was really going to be alright to have this thing around. well, Alica could control the demon for a few years at the least, he had no doubt about that. they'd find a way to seal the beast back into rock... maybe. Akahoshi hadn't left much in the way of how he'd done it. apparently the ancestor hadn't wanted just anyone getting their hands on the process and sealing away ALL the demons. or worse, other humans or even deities! Kohaku was going to have a LOT of work ahead of him. "well come on then Demon. no point in laying on the floor then. you'll do as Alica says, or you'll be tortured. simple as that." Kohaku ordered, the tree roots slowly pulling away, the demon shuddering as he felt his strength coming back. he managed to force himself into a sitting position, but snarled and swiped at Kohaku when the old man tried to help the demon to his feet. "do not touch me you disgusting blemish!"

“Stop Soleiyu.Don’t strike out at him.”Alica said, enforcing her will just enough to warn the demon off, but not hurt him. Having every intention of treating him well, at least until he forced her to be brutal. The young priestess was more suited for healing and kindness instead of the demon slaying, so even now when the demon threatening her and her family, she still was trying for kindness.

“Now, are you hungry?do you want something?”she asked as she stood, moving away from him, looking around the cave, wondering what was going to happen now that they were in charge of a living, breathing awake demon

he cringed as he was ordered to stop and the brief sparks quickly made him pull back. it hadn't hurt, but it had startled him and he turned and glared at the young Priestess, uttering another viscous snarl at the fact that he was being controlled. at least she had pronounced his name correctly. he slowly dragged himself to his feet and glared at the bracelets on his wrist, but he knew better than to try and chew, or claw them off. for one it wouldn't work and for two it would hurt, a lot. those damn crystals. wherever Akahoshi had found the blasted things, they where all going to be turned into glass! he would melt each and every one of the damn things! "i want the human race destroyed." he spat, annoyed as he glared at her, but followed her anyway. he didn't want to test her, not when she was being relatively nice. sure she had commanded him, but he couldn't really blame her for stopping him from gutting the old bastard who looked far too much like an old Akahoshi. "i have been trapped in a rock for over three hundred human lifetimes. of course i want something to eat!" he grumbled, feeling tired, hungry, sore, and weak and he hated everything that was happening. "...we're all going to die." Kohaku grumbled again, shaking his head. "granted, even if he does escape... i wonder if a Gun will kill him?" at this Soleiyu looked curious. "what is a Gon?" Kohaku didn't answer. "of course, he could just get run over by a bus." "a Boose?" "be nice if we could just get a Tazer." "Tay, Zor?" well, Soleiyu was certainly curious at least. no doubt they could ply good behavior with interesting modern day items.

Alica winced at his words, glancing over at him as he glared. “I was just being polite, since you seem to not want to be pleasant.”She said rolling her eyes a little as she moved towards the door before stopping, looking at the demon.”I will help you, do not hurt me.”She said softly before slipping a arm around his waist, helping him walk, not wanting him to fall and hurt himself going up the slippery stairs. The last thing she needed was for him to fall, and not be able to do anything to help him. Giggling a little at his words,”I will tell you about these things, if you want to behave long enough to eat.”She said smiling at him, knowing that maybe they could keep the man interested enough to behave if they told him about the world around them. Blinking slowly in the bright light as they stepped into the bright light of day.

he glared at her. "i am a demon. the Harbinger of the end of the world, i'm not supposed to be... pleasant." he spat the word out like it was something foul, and nearly yanked himself away from her when she touched him. but it had been centuries since he'd moved, talked, eaten, or even breathed. everything hurt, and he was certain he'd never make it up all those stairs... and he certainly didn't want to stay under the Tree anymore. the damn thing was still sucking at his power, sapping his strength, feeding off of him as it always had. he let her help him, unable to really do anything about it anyway, stupid stubborn little parasites. Kohaku looked rather amused as they finally stepped into the light and Soleiyu hissed, brining his arm up to hide his face from the blinding light. "we're going to have to get him some proper clothes... he'll look too strange in the burned remainders of his pants." Kohaku commented, and Soleiyu hissed in annoyance at the reminder of his clothing being gone. "he's look strapping in a pair of jeans and a button up T wouldn't he?" Kohaku asked with a small smirk. "he might fit into you're father's old things." Alica's father and mother had died of some strange disease that had only affected the two of them. Kohaku had raised Alica since she was no more than four or five. "yes, the Father. i remember him..." Soleiyu stated suddenly. "he was the only one stupid enough to touch the Crystal." Kohaku paused, looking shocked. "he what!?" "...i think he felt badly for me. the woman he took down there... looked like you." he admitted, glancing at her. "your mother, yes? she knew i was awake... she knew i was watching them.... infernal little twit had the audacity to smile at me."

Alica stumbled a little as he pulled away from him, nearly overbalancing herself as she steadied them. Before smiling a little as she helped him, even if she wasn’t aware of the tree sapping his powers, she sensed it, and wanted to get him away from what was hurting him. “Yes, clothes would be good. Cant have him wandering around naked. Just think of what the cop would think.”She said frowning a little as she flushed at her grandfather’s teasing, before looking up in startlement at the demon. At a loss for words once, “Y-yes, that would be my mother…”She said looking at a loss, because she didn’t know what to say at his words.

Focusing again she urged him to start walking and moving towards the house, and walking inside, leaving him standing in the front hallway before going to get her father’s clothes. When she returned her eyes were bloodshot and watery from crying, holding the clothes out towards him.”here.”

he grunted as she steadied him and scowled a little. "i refuse to wear such plebeian clothing!" he complained with a sniff. he wasn't sure what jeans where but he didn't like them and he refused to wear them! especially since another human had worn them first! the filthy disease ridden things. he grimaced as he was made to walk again, but let her lead him about and he sighed as he was left in the hallway, leaning against the wall so he wouldn't collapse. he glanced at her when she returned and was surprised to realize that he... felt guilty... what was with that? so what if the pathetic little human was sad? but then... he wasn't sure why he had felt so happy when the woman had smiled at him either, or why he had wanted to warn the man from touching the crystal. "You're parents..." he stated suddenly. "they where... decent, for humans." he admitted simply. "i suppose... you are as well." he muttered softly. it was the closest thing to a compliment they'd ever get from such a sadistic creature, but from the tone of voice, he had probobly liked Alica's parents, the few times he'd seen them. he didn't bother with finding a new place to get dressed, he just pealed his ruined pants off right there in front of her, proving that he predated the concept of underwear and modesty, and examined the Jeans, his head tilted as he slowly pulled them on and frowned at the strange things that where, undoubtedly, meant to hold his pants up. "...how do you work this thing?" he muttered, examining the Zipper intently. "it looks dangerous..."

Alica looked up at him startled as he spoke, looking at a loss for words.”I…thank you. I do not remember them,but they were kind. People have said so.”She said smiling a little as she chewed on her lip, determined to not cry in front of him, looking bemused as she recognized his tone. It was interesting to hear that he had liked him, though he hated humans. Flushing as he stripped off his clothes, even as ruined as they were, they did cover him, flushing as she was unable to tear her eyes away from him before looking up at him. Giggling a little at his words.”It’s a zipper. And it can be dangerous, I mean if you catch yourself…”She said giggling harder because the idea was so ridiculous, that she was explaining this to a ancient demon. Flushing as she stepped closer, hesitating for a moment before reaching out, and gently starting to tug the zipper up, careful though to make sure her human fingers didn’t touch his skin, not wanting to make him freak out.

he blinked at her. "hmm.. kindness... what an idiotic notion." he grumbled with a shake of his head. "kindness only gets people killed." he stated simply. "granted, humans kill just to kill, so i suppose you wouldn't understand." he admitted simply. "a Zee-per..." he muttered, fumbling over the strange words, watching her as she reached for him, his eyes narrowing suspiciously, not that he did anything. he just watched her with a harsh intensity. he looked amazed though, as the Zipper tongue went up and he grabbed it himself and pulled it up and down for a moment. "amazing!... how does it make the little teeth stick together like that?" he asked, his head cocked to the side as he yanked it up the rest of the way before playing with the button. "hmm, this is made of metal..." he muttered, sounding impressed as he buttoned the pants up. at least buttons where a fairly common, even in his day... though they where usually made of wood, or even thick clumps of string. he did pull on his shirt with no issue, though he did look annoyed at the amount of buttons he had to deal with, and there he was, looking almost normal if not for the slit pupils, the black horns, the black fingernails, and the slightly pointed ears. "...hmm... i like these..." he admitted, fingering the jeans. "they are very comfortable. they would be easy to fight in too, and won't tear easily... what is this material?"

“A very human notion, and one that’s not getting you hurt right now, you know.”Alica pointed out as he spoke, though she sounded more amused then upset at his words. Giggling a little at his saying the words, looking amused as she let him finish it.laughing quietly as he played with it, before frowning.”I don’t know. It just ties the teeth together.”She said shrugging a little before nodding, “The metal’s more durable then wood or other stuff.”She said before looking startled at his praise of the clothes before smiling.”It’s called denim. Very cheap, and durable. We can get you some more, if you don’t want to wear my father’s things.”

he snorted a little. "no, but it will get you killed later on, of that i have no doubt. helping a demon, showing it kindness, not very smart are you?" he asked her rather blankly. "hmm... how can you not know how something works when you use it everyday?" he asked, looking rather baffled. "yes, Metal is very durable." he agreed. "all the best stuff is made out of metal." he admitted with a nod. "Denim... i've never heard of it." he admitted, looking rather amused. "i think i can wear this for now. it won't matter once i'm free of you and you're spells, i'll just take what i want from the villagers." he stated rather loftily. "after all, humans only live for so long. i'll only have to put up with you for fifty or so years before you're too weak to contain me anymore." well wasn't he a shining ray of sunshine and brightness? still, he did have a point. "bad news..." Kohaku admitted suddenly, looking rather pale. "why don't we feed our... guest, and talk about this in private?" Kohaku asked his granddaughter, looking rather worried and shaken. troubled even. "do you have any rabbit? or pheasant? i'm in the mood for something with rich meat..." back in his day, the poor could only afford the things they could hunt themselves, he was simply assuming that they where poor.

“Well, it hasn’t killed me yet, and maybe if I am kind, you will keep from killing me later.”She said shrugging a little before smiling.”Because I don’t have demons asking me every day how zippers work? I just don’t know.”She said rolling her eyes a little at his question before sighing at his words. “Such a pleasant thought of my impending death.”She said rolling her eys again before nodding, looking startled at the sight of her grandfather. “We have meat. I’ll make you something.”She said sounding vague as she considered her grandfather before heading to the kitchen,starting to cook them all a few steaks, more then normal, because she knew that the demon would eat a lot.

he blinked at her. "oh, i won't kill you." he stated simply. "old age or an accident will do it for me." he stated simply. "granted, you are a lot less annoying than most human's i've come across. at least you don't do that high pitched noise that comes out of their mouths." screaming perhaps? Soleiyu sat himself down in one of the wooden chairs, muttering about how comfortable it was to sit on. much better than the crappy things humans had in his day. by the time she had the food going, he had his head in his arms, resting on the table, fast asleep. "...hmm... he fell asleep... good." Kohaku muttered before leading Alica away and out into the yard, handing her a book. "there's no way to reseal him." he explained softly. "Akahoshi wanted to give the Aurum a chance to change himself. so he set the Crystal to a particular resonance. as soon as someone with specific requirements met a certain age, the Crystal would collapse and free the demon... Akahoshi was hoping that the Demon would fall in love with the person who released him..." he blinked at her. "Akahoshi was hoping that the Aurum would fall in love with you..." he bit his lip. "we have no real way... to deal with him... in the end he'll either... calm down, or we'll have to kill him... he fancies himself the ender of our world... when it comes down to it... it will be him or us..."

Alica worked on the food, looking startled as she glanced at the demon, looking vaguely amused to see him before setting about finishing the food. Setting it to the side before following her grandfather out into the yard. Looking disturbed at his words she nodded quietly.”Well…okay. Well..we will see that he has a chance to live then.”She said, looking disturbed at the idea of the demon loving her, but she didn’t want to kill him either, so she would try to help him live in this world. Walking back into the house she turned off the stove, setting the steaks onto a plate before moving to stand next to soleiyu,gently resting a hand on his back, shaking him gently.”Sol?Soleiyu, wake up.your food’s done.”

Kohaku gently took his granddaughters hand. "have faith in Akahoshi my dear." he murmured with a smile. "a Demon doesn't love like we do after all. Love to a demon, is about the same as the love between freinds from what i understand. they don't do real love." he assured her. "when Akahoshi said he wanted the Demon to fall in love with you, i think he meant he wanted the demon to have a freind. someone he wouldn't willingly want to kill, hurt, or make feel sad." he muttered, shaking his head. "i just can't see a Demon doing such a thing..." he grumbled. "particularly this demon... he already tried to kill us both..." he muttered as he walked inside and glared at the sleeping demon. who looked almost harmless laying there like that. he jerked to his feet, batting away the hand that had touched him with a furious snarl, but surprisingly, he wasn't hurt by the pendant for doing this. "...oh, right..." Soleinyu muttered, as if just remembering where he was. "did you say food?" he asked, blinking at the steak. "Beef! you have beef! how rare!" he glanced at her, his eyes narrowed. "are you rich then?"

Back
Top Bottom