Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fully Functional and Anatomically Correct (StormWolfsong & AeonTralion)

S

StormWolfsong

Amaya Jorgan is fifteen years old, the daughter of Jake and Diana Jorgan, two of the top research and development engineers working with the android program. Ever since they received their positions Amaya barely saw her mother and father, her older brother Derek had watched her up until this year when they felt that she was able to care for herself enough. Not to mention they were bringing home a prototype of the next model of Android and felt that the programming the android had would be just enough that if she needed anything it would be seen to. While Amaya didn’t know the specifics about the programming there was a part of her that felt it was wrong to expect a machine to take care of things humans should do.

With her brother now away at college, she is often either left to herself or at school. While the fifteen year old has friends, she doesn’t have any that really are close enough to hang out after school. The most difficult part of it was that her brother was on the other side of the country and to her they weren’t just siblings he was her best friend. With him being gay, she was the only one aware of it and they talked all the time. Now, she hadn’t spoken to him other than the one time he called to let the family know he had arrived safely and he had been gone for a month.

Her parents were busy with their new project, they didn’t have time for their daughter and she wanted to have her brother there to share with her the day’s events from school. Not to mention, for three days now she had tried to get the chance to tell her mother that she would be singing in the school talent show and her choir had the chance to go to national competitions. Her mother had been so distracted it was obvious to the teen that she hadn’t been heard.

Just yesterday her parents brought home the new android, he had looked much differently than she had expected. Of course she had seen others but he was a new prototype and he looked more human. She had greeted him with a small smile but there had been sadness in her smoky grey eyes and after that she had simply gone to her room to do her homework. After that she ate dinner, saw him around the house but paid little attention, though she kept glancing at the phone hoping it would ring and her brother would call.

When night fell she changed for bed, said goodnight to him and her parents and went to sleep. The new day started as it always did, she showered and dressed before going out to meet the bus for school. Once there she met up with her friends, talked a bit then went to classes. By the time school was over she just wanted to go home and shut herself in her room. The good thing about having an android she had been told was that he would see to all the meals for the family.

So it was, getting off the bus she strode down the sidewalk toward her house humming the tune for one of the songs she had to practice for choir. When she got home, she again greeted the android and went to her room to change into one of her black skirts that fell just above her knees and a white v neck t-shirt that had Sylvester on it and said “I’ve been a bad putty tat.” It was a shirt her brother had bought her for her last birthday. Her long auburn hair was brushed and left down instead of in the pony she kept it in for school.

She turned on her music and randomly started singing with whatever song came on first while she started working on her homework at her desk in her room. It was about half an hour before her stomach growled and she made her way down the stairs to look through the fridge for one of the small fruit bowls she liked for her snacks. Popping a grape in her mouth she kept the fruit bowl on the counter and leaned over it, propping her elbows as she glanced again at the phone sadly.

StormWolfsong said:
Amaya Jorgan is fifteen years old, the daughter of Jake and Diana Jorgan, two of the top research and development engineers working with the android program. Ever since they received their positions Amaya barely saw her mother and father, her older brother Derek had watched her up until this year when they felt that she was able to care for herself enough. Not to mention they were bringing home a prototype of the next model of Android and felt that the programming the android had would be just enough that if she needed anything it would be seen to. While Amaya didn’t know the specifics about the programming there was a part of her that felt it was wrong to expect a machine to take care of things humans should do.

With her brother now away at college, she is often either left to herself or at school. While the fifteen year old has friends, she doesn’t have any that really are close enough to hang out after school. The most difficult part of it was that her brother was on the other side of the country and to her they weren’t just siblings he was her best friend. With him being gay, she was the only one aware of it and they talked all the time. Now, she hadn’t spoken to him other than the one time he called to let the family know he had arrived safely and he had been gone for a month.

Her parents were busy with their new project, they didn’t have time for their daughter and she wanted to have her brother there to share with her the day’s events from school. Not to mention, for three days now she had tried to get the chance to tell her mother that she would be singing in the school talent show and her choir had the chance to go to national competitions. Her mother had been so distracted it was obvious to the teen that she hadn’t been heard.

Just yesterday her parents brought home the new android, he had looked much differently than she had expected. Of course she had seen others but he was a new prototype and he looked more human. She had greeted him with a small smile but there had been sadness in her smoky grey eyes and after that she had simply gone to her room to do her homework. After that she ate dinner, saw him around the house but paid little attention, though she kept glancing at the phone hoping it would ring and her brother would call.

When night fell she changed for bed, said goodnight to him and her parents and went to sleep. The new day started as it always did, she showered and dressed before going out to meet the bus for school. Once there she met up with her friends, talked a bit then went to classes. By the time school was over she just wanted to go home and shut herself in her room. The good thing about having an android she had been told was that he would see to all the meals for the family.

So it was, getting off the bus she strode down the sidewalk toward her house humming the tune for one of the songs she had to practice for choir. When she got home, she again greeted the android and went to her room to change into one of her black skirts that fell just above her knees and a white v neck t-shirt that had Sylvester on it and said “I’ve been a bad putty tat.” It was a shirt her brother had bought her for her last birthday. Her long auburn hair was brushed and left down instead of in the pony she kept it in for school.

She turned on her music and randomly started singing with whatever song came on first while she started working on her homework at her desk in her room. It was about half an hour before her stomach growled and she made her way down the stairs to look through the fridge for one of the small fruit bowls she liked for her snacks. Popping a grape in her mouth she kept the fruit bowl on the counter and leaned over it, propping her elbows as she glanced again at the phone sadly.

The model DL33321 EquipMate was 'Independet, Thoughtful, Reliable,' just like their company motto claimed. He was programmed with all the basic functionality of a human, for realism's sake, and the newer models even featured more 'adult' features that were disabled upon request.

They could do everything, cook, clean, research the web, learn, and even perform rudimentary medical care, making them ideal caregivers and companions. This one had been delivered to the household, activated, and informed by the primary users that his control was to be transfered to their "lonely 15-year old daughter" a girl named Amaya.

As such, they had modeled him as an older teen, with short black hair and a fitting white tank top with a blue button-up over that, along with plain white shorts. His bright, mechanical eyes were a bright green, far too bright to be 'human,' as was intended. EquipMate had long since realized that while the utmost of the human form was expected by their customers, there had to be a tell, one little detail that let people definitively know that they were looking at an android. They settled on overly bright, luminous eyes, claiming that the mechanisms were tricky and hard to make look human enough when, in fact, several modding kits already existed and could easily be ordered online to make the eyes strikingly authentic if such a thing was desired.

As the first day ended, the EquipMate, or EM, noticed that Amaya seemed very lonely, and displayed a distinct attachment to the telephone. That night, while she slept, the curious EM connected himself to the phone directly and analyzed the records from the phone company. The longest calls seemed to be to a nearby number. A simple query and the number showed up as an emergency contact, Amaya's older brother.

After he saw the girl off to school the next morning, the still unnamed EM spent the day cleaning, organizing Amaya's room, maintaining the lawn, and once his tasks were complete, he returned to the backyard, switching to solar mode, thick black lines spreading over his skin to absorb the sun's light once more. As he recharged, he did a simple and dangerous query: 'brother/sister affection.'

The EM's eyes opened slowly, and he blinked, finally 'understanding' the situation. A few more searches 'confirmed' it: 'sisterly love,' 'sibling playmates,' 'bro x sis,' and then the big one: 'incest romance.' "Ah," the EM commented to himself, "a social taboo. If sexual tension is released, perhaps the situation will solve itself. More data required."

He searched and easily found video after video of girls waiting by the phone, desperate for their lover to call. To the EM, it made all the more sense, she did this quite regularly, so this must be normal female mating ritual, right? So, if she was aroused and needed stimulation... well...

The EM suddenly opened a plethora of very interesting and informative tabs, hundreds of videos streaming at once. A digital orgy danced in his RAM, writing techniques and strategies to his memories. Then he found something even more strange, though it didn't relate... directly.

A slew of videos of women obsessed with their EquipMates, using them for sexual pleasures and treating them like they were humans themselves. Some of them even appeared to have married the machines, convinced of their legitimate AI manifestation. For a moment, the EM lingered.

And then, he saved the tabs in a folder. For later, of course.

Amaya came home on time, the girl's parents would not be home for hours, especially since they'd been working so late recently. He returned to the kitchen to begin preparing dinner. A while later, Amaya emerged from her room wearing a very dated TV t-shirt and a short black skirt. The EM smiled warmly at her, noting that in several erotic films, women wore very similar things.

"Good afternoon, Amaya. Shall I call you 'Maya?' And have you decided on a name for your EquipMate DL33321 yet? My stock names for your age demographic are 'Jira,' 'Lona,' and 'Serva,' while other popular choices by people your age for this model are 'Whore,' 'SexBot,' and 'Rape Slave.' Is there a name you'd prefer, Amaya?" He smiled, his programming washing over the obviously distressing names without a hitch.

He pulled a roast with potatoes and carrots from the oven, motioning for her to help herself to dinner as they talked.

Seeing the smile on the android’s face Amaya was bit taken aback, not that she hadn’t expected it, but each time she saw him she couldn’t help but noticed that he looked so much like a human that it was uncanny. When she spoke to her, she gave him a small smile and at his question she nodded, “You can call me Maya.” However, she was surprised she didn’t realize he hadn’t been assigned a name already, she just hadn’t thought to ask what it was. “My EquipMate? Say what?” She knew her surprise had to have registered and when he went over his stock names as well as the choices made by those her age she found herself blushing at such blatant terms. Those had to be names chosen by boys her age, dumb idiots.

She considered the stock names and after a moment she answered, “I think out of those I like the name Jira, but you should have a say too. Is there a name you would like to have?” She asked as she reached for a plate and fork, dishing out some of the meal he had made, though she didn’t take that big of a portion. Lately she really hadn’t had much of an appetite, but before with her brother around he used to say she ate more than a jock sometimes. She never gained a pound though, she had a good metabolism.

“It smells great,” she told the android before her, took a bite of the roast and made a hum of appreciation sound as she tasted how tender and delicious the spicing was. It wasn’t overly salty but it wasn’t bland either. In her family they always had one way or the other. When she had swallowed she smiled, “This is amazing.” She looked at him curiously, the sadness still there in her eyes but she had questions she needed answers to, “What did you mean my EquipMate? I thought you were here for the entire family? Speaking of, what exactly is normal for… umm dealing with you? I’m not a slave driver…”

She had almost said something in regards to giving him free reign on things but she realized that depending on how programming worked that might not be the best way for her to word things. She might have to do some research about etiquette for dealing with androids. “I mean, are you able to feel emotions?” As she waited for his response, she worked on eating before the food could get cold. She needed to know these things.

He watched her with an even gaze, if he did indeed feel emotions, he was hiding them very well. He seemed to find nothing wrong at all with the alternate names the other teens had used, as names did not utilize his normal language filters.

"Jira is a very good choice, thank you Maya. I don't really mind what I am called, so long as it is pleasing to you." He spoke of his nameless state with all the passion or sadness as one would discuss watching reruns on tv or a ham sandwich. To him, it was simply part of his being what he was: a simple android.

He smiled broader at her enjoying his roast, sitting with her at the table and running diagnostics on himself while she ate and was silent. "I'm glad you approve, Maya. The recipe is from a famous five-star restaurant, and if you find a recipe you'd like to try, you need only show it to me and I will take care of the rest. Anything for you, Maya." He watched her eat, offering to get her anything she might need, like more to drink or second servings. Other than that, he had the unfortunate habit of watching her very intently, unaware of most humans' disdain of being constantly watched. Some people thought it creepy, but until corrected, this slightly unnerving behavior was 'normal' for most generic androids.

He listened to her query, then opened up his user registration documents, displaying them on a screen that folded from his left arm as he drew it to his chest. "I was purchased and individually designed by your parents, but then the ownership was transferred to you, as I am primarily to be here for your care and needs when your family is unavailable. I've been informed your family is quite busy, and may have to stay even later at work soon, sometimes even multiple days at a time, in fact. As I've been informed, your care then fell to your brother who has now gone away to school. As such, your parents wanted you to have a companion who could help you lead an easier life." The screen folded back into his arm and he folded his hands inf front of him once more.

"As for how to 'deal' with me, I'm here for any need or desire you might have. For example, many users keep EquipMates for companionship, healthcare for the disabled, assistance with businesses, be it a cook, a maid, or in many cases, a 'companion for rent.' Many people your age have a variety of uses for EquipMates. For boys, they are used for strength training, modeling, and for personal massages."

Though the android obviously was simply repeating data, she would know that 'strength training' was actually when teen boys abused and broke androids to relieve stress and for a savage fun, 'modeling' was moreso big-breasted, curvy female androids striping, amd the 'massages' given by the same androids would need very little explanation. Some regulations even wanted protection for the androids, as this form of physical and emotional abuse was thought to promote a VERY unhealthy mindset in young men.

"For girls your age, personal massages are VERY very common, especially so in the eleven to seventeen age group, and also for protection and for social gatherings. Some also utilize us for sports, we make excellent fighters and athletes in android arenas. However, by and large, our most common use as a whole is for cleaning, organization, and of course, companionship." He said with a smile, obviously missing the terrible abuse most androids endured and the sexual implications of the data.

He then quickly returned to her final question. "Emotions? I can easily simulate any emotion you would like! I can be friendly, cheery and kind, which is the default, though some prefer..." His demeanor changed, his eyes narrowing to a cold gaze, the smile fading as his posture changed to that of a more dominant male, "...for androids to be strong, forceful, and calculating." He spoke like an aggressive boyfriend, one who made all the decisions on his own. However, he then softened, his lips parting slightly, his eyes more tender and affectionate. "Others, particularly older females, prefer our 'romantic' setting, where we care for your... every... need..." He reached out and stroked her cheek softly, a warm lover's laugh following as he did so,
and then all the emotion was gone, his eyes hollow, his face expressionless as he reverted to a neutral position. "Others prefer default, for efficiency."

After a moment, he reverted to his 'happy' setting. "These can be changed easily from your smartphone or PC at any time, so feel free to mold me into your perfect companion, as that is the truest goal of every EquipMate. Personalities may alter slightly based on what we experience, however, as we are designed to learn, so if a 'persona' of mine becomes inadequate, feel free to revert that individual 'persona' to the factory settings, from your pc or phone." He smiled at her again, leaning over the table. "Which personality would you like, Maya?" he said with a subtle sweetness, so eager to alter his very being for her with the ease of turning a light on or off.

This was going to take some getting used to, Maya thought as she heard how blandly Jira spoke. She had never personally been around an android before so she hadn’t realized that things were so cut and dry. While she ate she tried to ignore how intently he was looking at her, it was unnerving and yet in some ways at least he was there. It was more than her parents ever did. At least if he was looking at her, he was aware of her existence.

She waved away his offer to get her more to drink or another helping, stating instead, “I’ll keep that in mind, thank you Jira.” It was so weird how he’d added that ‘anything for you,’ bit. Still as he explained how it worked, what he was supposed to be there for and the why of it, she nodded though the sadness in her eyes deepened when her brother was mentioned. There was also a spark of anger, her parents had given her an android in an attempt to replace her brother!

However, her anger was short lived when he continued by answering her in regards to how to deal with him. She listened and her expression showed distaste when it was mentioned how the boys her age were with EquipMates. Her eyes widened hearing how young some of the girls were that used them, why would a girl at eleven need a massage? Her innocence had her not getting the connotations of what it was really about, at least for several minutes and the more she thought about the common names he mentioned her age group having for the androids and the other things she got it and her face reddened further. What had her parents gotten her into, did they realize these things when they got him for her?

She swallowed and stood to get some water from the tap, needing to do it for herself before she retook her seat just as he began answering her questions about emotions. When his expression changed to something colder, she shook her head. She didn’t think she wanted him to be like that. The softer change was so sudden she was completely caught by surprise when his hand brushed over her cheek, the laugh that sounded she felt straight through her and her pulse quickened as she licked suddenly dry lips. Even after his expression changed, she could feel a lingering sensation of his hand and had to shake her head to clear it.

“How about a balance between them?” She suggested after a moment when he asked which personality she would prefer, “I think if you can find an even balance between all of those, things will be quite smooth and should I find something not to my liking I will change it through my smartphone or tell you.” She hoped she wasn’t choosing the wrong thing, her eyes showed her uncertainty as she finished the food Jira had made and then sat back glancing at the phone again before sighing.

The house phone rang a few minutes later and she rushed to answer, “Hello?”

“Amaya, you’re going to be on your own over the next couple of days. Your dad and I are up to our necks, but your android should be adequate company.” Her mother’s voice sounded and the moment she realized it was her mother, not her brother her shoulders dropped and she glanced at the floor.

“Okay mom, don’t worry about me, I have plenty to occupy my-“

“Sorry, can’t talk right now honey. I have to go.” Her mother hung up the phone before Amaya could finish her words. Putting the phone down, she closed her eyes and leaned against the counter fighting the tears that threatened to fall. Why? Everything was always about her parents work or her brother, but she barely warranted a call. Frustration tore through her and Amaya slammed her palm against the counter before opening her eyes and looking toward Jira, “I’m going to watch television, you can join me if you want to.” She never watched much television but she did have a few shows she liked and she might as well catch up since she had been recording on the DVR the last few weeks since her brother left and hadn’t watched.

She grabbed her plate and glass and put them in the sink, rinsing them as was her habit before she walked into the living room, curling up on the couch with the remote in one hand while she turned on the first episode of Vampire Diaries she needed to catch up on.

Jira registered her responses, the elevated heartbeat at the mention of her brother, the strange, conflicting emotions at the data of EquipMate common use, the sadness and loneliness that seemed to permeate the young girl's very being with every word she said. If an android could 'want' something, Jira wanted nothing more than to help her, to see her happy and taken care of, as he was certain the girl's mother, father, and brother would want.

As her phone rang, Jira became silent, activating his cell boosting array, ensuring a better signal and stronger wireless transmissions for Maya and her mother. However, the conversation didn't last long, leaving Maya in a state of sadness, anger, and disarray. Jira searched his memory thoroughly, hoping to find an answer, something, anything to help the poor girl.

However, before he could say much more, the girl quickly fled to watch TV instead. Jira stayed in the kitchen, deciding he might in fact be an unwanted guest, an unwelcome replacement for those she loved, and instead cleaned the kitchen until it shone like polished brass, scooped some ice cream and warm chocolate sauce into a bowl, added a few nuts and sprinkles, and brought it to Maya at a perfect time, just as the first episode of her Vampire Diaries backlog finished. He smiled, not the warm lover's grin, but more friendly than 'neutral,' just like she'd asked for.

He put the ice cream on a small table beside her and bowe slightly. "Maya, I thought you might like some dessert. Since my work is done, I will take you up on your offer." Then, he straigtened and walked over to the couch, sitting down with a small strain of servos, and placed a pillow in his lap, looking to her brightly.

"If you'd like, you may lay on my lap while you watch, it's much better for your spine. I can even feed you, if that would make you happy." He smiled down at her, then looked to the TV. "Did your brother watch this show with you, Maya?"

Back
Top Bottom