Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Winter Land- Lady/Moon

he smiled at her and then grimaced as she commented on him laying down. "i'll be fine Phedre, i promise. it's very hard to really hurt a Guide." he admitted with a smile. "if a Bullet can barely affect me, a little bruising isn't going to do much to me either." he promised, but laid down anyway. he was so tired. using the Magic always made him tired. he had only been a fully fledged Guide for a few years, and with Phedre only just connected to the land, there wasn't a whole lot of 'natural' magic going around. with Phedre connected tot eh land and the people, he'd be able to use his Magic easily soon, but it was still too early for that. he was asleep before he even realized it. "Phedre." Johnathon stated with a smile. "let him sleep. using the Magic of a Guide can be exhausting, and he had to use a great deal of it. come, we'll have a magic lesson of your own while he rests." Johnathon promised with a smile. "now, as i'm sure you realize, you can do certain things that most people cannot. each Snow Princess has a very unique set of talents. one Princess, for example, could read minds. another could move things with her mind, a third could control water. do you have any idea of what kind of power you are capable of?"

Phedre frowned down a little at alexei looking worried before nodding at Johnathan.”Okay. lets.”she said smiling a little as she settled into a chair, her legs curled up under her as she thought. Looking worried as s he stared down at her hands. Even though she knew it would be something cherished her, she still felt awkward talking about it,”I…its weird…have you ever had a feeling you knew what others were made of?How much pride, faultlines on their soul was…?Thats what I see. It is not a wintery thing, but…like alexei’s father, I see pride and desperation drive him, and I could use it to my own will, I…its something odd.”She said staring at the floor, feeling horrible. Because while most snow princesses had powers laying within winter’s bright sunlight, phedre’s laid within the dark winter’s night, a power that could be shaped to evil, to exploit her people, but also a gift because she could see people so very truly. Alexei would be the bright mirror that reflected all that was good in her in case she forgot, but she held a dark mirror of what could be.

he smiled a little at her, trying to reassure her, his head tilted a little. "what others where made of? oh!... i see. like Alexei, what makes him tick." he mused. "that's a very strong power." he admitted contemplating that. he was well aware of the power she held, she could twist them all, however she pleased. well, not ALL of them, Johnathon and Alexei where protected by the same magic that gave her, her powers, but she could easily become a tyrant... not that she had the mentality for it. he held his hand out to her. "will you read me?" he asked, his head tilted. Johnathon was made up of a very strong loyalty to the Princess and the Winter Lands, pride in who he was and what he was, and a deep sense of honesty. he never lied if he could help it, he was rather brutally honest really. "you have a very rare ability, one that i've never seen before. this could become very helpful int he future, as you will almost always know if someone means ill will to yourself or to your people. i'd imagine you'll need a bit of practice, but i'm not entirely sure how one would practice that..." he admitted, his head tilted. "particularly since you could inadvertently change who they are as people... granted, someone like Willim could use a good dose of personality change don't you think?"

Phedre bit her lip, looking down as she swallowed hard.”Yes…a brash streak of courage, loyalty, and quick to recognize goodness, even if he is slow to see it in himself.”She muttered before smiling a little, nodding as she looked up at him.”Loyalty, to both me, and these lands, so strong that it makes my head ache. Pride in being able to be here, and honesty, a brutal honesty that is cleansing in some ways.”She said smiling a little before shuddering, “I do not like it. I do not like seeing so much about others…”She muttered before giggling a little,”Oh. Yes. He could.”

he smiled a little. "i'd imagine Alexis is much the same." he mused. Alexis was a lot less courageous. she was more a speaker for the downtrodden. you could pick on her, beat her up all you wanted, and she wouldn't do a thing until someone else was affected. she was as loyal as Johnathon and Alexei was, but was rather obsessive about her work, feeling that it was the only thing she was good at. "i'm sorry i made your head Ache." he muttered with a small grimace before offering her a small smile. "i know it is... hard, to accept. i know it's difficult to see such things, but the Goddess has given you this power, so that you can do good with it." he stated softly. "eventually, you will be able to control it, so that you only see it when you want to see, instead of all the time."

“Much, at least when speaking out for others.”She muttered smiling a little, amused as she considered what she saw in her friends before laughing quietly.”Do not worry. It is good to see such loyalty, even if it hurts to see sometimes.”She said smiling at him before sighing quietly, nodding.”I…I would like that. Not being able to see,everything, all the time. It is..overwhelming….espicially at home, where…they did not understand why I was different, only that I had been.”She said shrugging a little before smiling up at him.

he smiled a little and nodded. "she has been known to beat up a bully or two." he admitted with a small smile. "well, this place is my home, and you are my homes hope. why shouldn't i be loyal to such things?" he asked with a small smile. "i am unsure how to go about training. i doubt that we can really just go about practicing... but we will figure something out." he promised her. "as for the people in your hometown... they have never come across such a thing. to them magic is a fairy tale. people have always feared what they don't understand. the people here do understand magic however, and we will never fear you." he promised her with a smile. "unless of course you become a maniacal tyrant... but i don't think you have the personality for such a thing." he admitted with a small chuckle. "now then... how about i teach you how to fight? it's important to know how to defend yourself after all. i was thinking daggers for you, i doubt you'll have the strength to lift a sword properly, and you're small and fast, daggers would be best i think."

Phedre nodded a little as she considered that,”They feared I could freeze things to. I like ice, always have, as I got older I could make ice.”She said shrugging a little before smiling.”good. I feel…that magic is not a thing to fear.”She said before staring at him shocked before laughing.”N-no. I don’t think I could do that.”She smiled a little before nodding as she thought about fighting.”Daggers, short sword… yes, that would be the best.”She said sounding thoughtful.”Alexei could help?He’s good with fighting?”

he blinked a little. "Freeze things? yes most Snow princesses could do that." he admitted, wondering why she found that strange of all things.. she was called the 'Snow Princess' for a reason after all. "many of them would often make it snow when they where really sad, or storm when they where particularly furious." he admitted with a small smile. "and magic isn't a thing to fear, but for people who have never had it's touch, or even knew that it existed, it can be a frightening thing." he admitted softly before smirking a little. "yes Alexei could certainly help you, but he's a bit unconscious at the moment." he teased. "we'll do your dagger and short sword lessons in the morning." he promised as he considered something. "you do realize that Alexei fell asleep on your bed don't you?" he asked, studying to boy who was as good as a son to him. "we'll have to move him if he's not up by the time you wish to be abed..." he sighed before shaking his head. "or you could have a sleepover with Alexis, she'd be delighted i think."

Phedre’s shoulders a little as she nodded.”Oh, well that makes sense.”She muttered her voice soft, trying not to think about the time as a child she’d been so scared, so upset with when one of the older boys had attacked her for being different, that she had struck out blindly and killed him by accident when she’d given him instantly hypothermic. Shuddering a little she smiled pleased.”Well, yes. I meant when he woke up.”She said blushing a little before looking at alexei, sighing softly.”Well, we could always leave him there. I can sleep in his bed, or stay with alexis.”She said thoughtfully as she rubbed a hand over her face.

he smiled a little at her. "Do you feel any better about what you are? or shall i have to work harder?" he asked with a small smile. "well he will probobly sleep all night. using his Magic will become much easier now that you're connected tot eh lands." Johnathon admitted simply. "you regularize magic, make it stronger... sort of like how a recycling center cleans water and makes it safe to drink again." he admitted with a small smile. "i think it would be best if you stayed with Alexis, Alexei will have a fit if he realizes he kicked you out of you're bed." he admitted. "he'll feel a lot less bad about it if he things you where planning on sleeping with Alexei anyway." he admitted with a small chuckle. "he's rather easy to manipulate like that." Johnathon admitted with a small chuckle. "now then. it's almost time for dinner. the Cooks have made roast chicken." he admitted happily. "and then we have your Handmaiden selection... though i think you already know who you're going to choose." he admitted with a sly smile.

“I do. Thank you.”She said smiling at the man as she rested a hand on his arm, wanting to convey just how much it meant to her that he had made the effort to make her feel better. Glad to know that she was helping the land she smiled a little wider.”Well then, it shall get even easier, the longer I’m here.”She said but giggling a little as she stood.”Well, we’ll just not inform him the decision was made after he stole my bed.”She said looking amused as they headed downstairs to get dinner.”Oh, I don’t know. I might surprise you.”She said looking amused at the other’s words.

he chuckled a little and gently patted her hand, silently letting him know that it was his pleasure and honor to 'give her a helping hand'. had she looked into him that moment she would have seen that he thought of her as a long lost daughter. someone who desperately needed love and attention. he thought of Alex and Ali as his children as well, being that he'd practically raised them himself. "indeed. the longer you are connected to the land, the easier it will be for magic to flow." he admitted with a smile. "and i doubt you'll surprise me." he admitted with a small chuckle. they had their dinner and then he led her to a small room where the handmaids where waiting. three girls, a man, and an Alexis who looked rather confused about why SHE was there of all people. she scowled at Johnathon who smirked a little, well aware that Alexis was annoyed at having been tricked into applying for the position of Phedre's handmaiden... even if she would have loved the job.

Phedre smiled looking pleased to see them all, blushing a little as she realized that all of them were there for her. It was something weird to her, to consider that they were there for her, would want to be her handmaiden. After a little while speaking to them all, she offered the youngest girl, you was just 16, and looked nervous, a small smile before looking at alexis.”I would like to have you both as handmaidens, because I think you would make a good one, morrigan.”Phedre smiled at the young girl as she nodded eagerly, to nervous to be there, to speak, before looking at alexis.”And I would love to have you as a handmaiden, we get along well, do we not?”

Alexei smiled a little as she watched the women 'be examined'. "of course we get along!" she chirped, beaming at Phedre. "tell you what, Morrigan can handle your day to day needs, keeping your room straightened out, getting you up for the day, helping you with your hair and makeup, and i'll do the rest, letting you know your scheduled, getting your dresses made, making sure you're not bankrupting the kingdom, stuff like that. hows that sound?" she asked with a small smile.

“I like cleaning. And I would be good with makeup.”Morrigan said, the young girl eager to please, so eager in fact that all phedre could do was smile. “I like that. I am sure we’ll all figure out how to work together.”She said smiling a little before sighing softly, “Though I think we should put off telling alexei he’s going to be outnumbered. Poor boy might go insane with so many women around.”

Alexis snickered a little at that. "oh he's always been outnumbered." she admitted with a smirk. "you have to understand, every woman is worth at least five men after all." the others all laughed at that and dispersed now that the 'new noble' had chosen a Handmaiden. no one really understood that Phedre was the snow Princess yet. "where is Alexei anyway?" "unconscious, he used too much Magic and won't be awake till morning at the earliest." Johnathon stated simply. "Phedre is having a sleepover in your room." Alexis squealed happily, clapping her hands eagerly. "great! we'll have all kinds of fun! are you going to come too Morrigan? we could make it a girl's night!" she studied the young girl. "you could show me how Eyeliner works! i can never put it on without jabbing myself in the eye or smudging it all over the place." she complained with a small scowl.

Morrigan nodded happily, smiling widely."I would love to come. We'll make sure you can use eyeliner before we sleep tonight."the youngster giggled happily as they headed towards alexis' words.

In the morning phedre smiled tiredly as alexei came into the room with a tray brimming with food. Looking exhausted despite having slept for a little whilr,"you sleep well?"she said looking worried about the man who had done everything to protrct her

Alexei smiled as he walked into the room. "i slept very well, thank you... you should have woken me up." he complained as he shook his head and set the tray down, examining Alexis and Morrigan who where curled up bare inches away from each other. Alexis was still wearing the makeup she had finally been able to master. "...my sister is wearing makeup.." he stated, looking rather surprised. "i've never seen her wear Makeup before." he admitted with a small look of bafflement. granted, Alexis had never worn makeup, because no one had ever taught her how to put it on, but Alexei didn't know that. it never even occurred to him that someone had to learn how to put makeup on. he just figured it was instinctual. "and before you ask, i'm not injured anymore either." he promised with a small smile. "i healed in my sleep. magic soothes those who fights for her." he promised with a small grin as he nudged the other two girls open with a foot. "come now, up and at'em. work to be done!" "Alex, if you don't stop prodding me, you're going to loose that foot." Alexis hissed, slowly sitting up, looking so sleepy. she and Morrigan had stayed up even later than Phedre had.

“Good. I didn’t want to, you looked to peaceful. Besides, we were having a sleep over anyways.”She said shrugging a little as she smiled, nodding.”It took her awhile to master it. She’d never learned how to.”She said looking amused that the man hadn’t known someone had to be taught how to do it. Looking bemused she nodded pleased.”Good. I didn’t like the idea of you being hurt.”She said smiling before wincing as alexis was prodded, snickering as the teenager just shifted and snuggled down into the bed more. “leave them alone. They can sleep in a little.”

he pondered that and then nodded. "good point... but i got my nasty all over your bed you know." he pointed out with a grin. granted Johnathon was already having the bedding sterilized. "...ah, well... i hate to admit it, but she does look kind of pretty with Makeup on." he admitted with a small chuckle. "she doesn't look so deathly pale. i keep telling her to go get some sunlight, but she never listens to me." he admitted with a small snicker. "the new girl can sleep in as she never did anything to me. Alexis however deserves to be rudely forced awake. especially as she was only up late due to her own amusement, whereas anytime I tried to sleep in was because i was doing late night guard duties." "oh piss off." Alexis grumbled, forcing the blankets over her head. "you weren't guarding shit, you where out getting drunk." "i'll have you know that i only get drunk on specific days of the year, as you very well know!"

“Ah, but it’s being cleaned surely. And it was more difficult to wake you up then just clean it.”She said looking amused before nodding.”She looks good. And you should talk about being deathly pale. You’re not looking to good yourself.”She teased before laughing at them before shaking her head.”Now, behave you two. I don’t need you two fighting when I need alexei to teach me how to fight today.”

he rolled his eyes a little but consented the argument to Phedre. "i happen to enjoy my sickly complexion!" he complained, flashing the other girl a small smirk as he picked on his sister. "Alex is teaching you to fight?" Alexis asked with a yawn, blinking at her sluggishly as Alexei nodded. "i am. though we're not going to be starting with real weapons yet. she needs to get into shape first. you'd best dress in something that won't get in the way of running. we're going to work on speed and endurance." he admitted with a small smirk.

"He is."phedre said smiling a little as she blushed slightly at his words. trying so hard not to think about what kind of workouts they could be doing. but she was 17, and hyper aware of the handsome man near her. Sighing she made a face."I'm in good shape. I can run!"She whined looking annoyed even as she left the room to get ready, returning in a few minutes in a part of light blue sweat pants, and a work out top.

Alexei smirked at her. "you can run, yes. anyone can run. but how LONG can you run? how far? how fast? could you outrun an attacker? and if you can't, how breathless will you be when you try to fend them off? in order to best protect yourself, you have to be able to keep your energy, and your ability to fight. if you weaken because you're tired, then the enemy will have their way with you." he stated simply. "be it torture, death, or rape." he stated simply. "once you have run until you are exaughsted, i will show you the most painful places on a person's body. these are the places you always want to hit." he stated, his back to the bathroom door while she changed. "done properly, you can even leave an enemy helpless from pain alone, with only the use of a hand or a foot." he turned and smirked at her. "now then. lets get running." he ordered, leading her tot he grounds and setting off at a trot so she could keep up.

Back
Top Bottom