Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Winter Land- Lady/Moon

“Well, then lets go get some food. I want to eat breakfast at the festival.”She said smiling as she twisted her hair up and letting it fall easily around her shoulders. “it sounds fun. I always enjoyed the festivals as a child.”She said sounding amused as they left, heading outside, pausing. Closing her eyes for a moment, enjoying the wintery air on her face before looking at alexei and alexis.”Where should we eat?There’s a few different places…”she said as she loked around them.

he smiled at her a little. "there's a lot of good food there." he admitted. "and i'm bringing plenty of money so you can try anything you like." he promised her with a smile as he led her and his sister out into the streets. the village was gorgeous, all decked out in gorgeous streamers and lanterns and beautiful decorations. there where food stalls all over the place selling traditional fair foods like white cotton candy and beautiful roasted apples and funnel cakes. there where pretty spun sugar treats and fudge and large turkey legs and candy bars on sticks. and the games, oh where there games, large ring tosses and fishing games and popping balloons. it was a traditional fair, complete with people performing in the streets. dancers spun and clowns made balloon animals and made fools of themselves and mimes mocked people as they passed. but as happy as everything was, there was still a tension in the air as certain people passed each other on the streets. the two factions shown by insignia's sewn onto the sleeves. one side had a red phoenix and the other side had a silver Dragon, and it was pretty clear that they hated each other and was only getting along for the sake of the most important festival of the year.

Phedre smiled as she moved through the crowd, totally fascinated with everything happening around her. Eating a candied apple slowly, making sure to get none of her dress, even as she watched the people as she walked. Pausing to watch the tension for a moment she finished her apple, her eyes sad as she looked at alexei.”Should…should I come out?Would it make thigns easier for them, to get along?”she muttered softly, saddened that her people were so obviously upset,even on this day.

Alexei smiled a little as he nibbled on his own food, a pile of dusted doughnuts, Alexis giggled a little as she lapped her fingers clean of sugar from her Cotton Candy. they both paused as two men with different insignias glared at each other as they passed by and Alexei paused as he looked at Phedre. "at this time, no. it would make everything much worse. they would only seek to kill you for control." he admitted softly. "the Phoenix Clan and the Dragon Clan are... they don't care about anything but getting control now. the longer you are Connected, the less they will feel the need to have control. things are already calming down, they're not talking to each other this time. usually they stay on opposite sides of the street and scream insults at each other." he admitted softly. "you're already making a difference Phedre." Alexei promised her with a smile. "it will be alright, i promise."

Phedre watched the two, her shoulders slouching a little. “Well, as long as your sure this is the best way.”she said, because she wanted to do so much more. The pain of her land driving her to fix it quickly, and despite knowing that he was right, that slowly fixing things would be better, she wanted to help the two men, to heal the hurt she could feel. Smiling a little as she glanced at alexei.”lets go play some games.” she said distracting herself.

he smiled a little as he watched her. "it's the only way i can think of that doesn't involve more bloodshed." he admitted softly, smiling as she distracted herself with games. Alex and Alexei smiled and kept her distracted with games and fun, and then the Parade started. it was as big as Alexei said it would be, horses pranced, Reindeer leaped, the royal guard marched and the local high and middle schools played instruments and danced in the streets. confetti was thrown and beads where tossed to people and candy was scattered to all the kids. then was the play, it was well done, the woman playing the Goddess dressed in beautiful robes and a beautiful little girl played the part of the first Snow Princess. it was beautiful done. "it's almost time. come on!" Alexei ordered with shining, excited eyes as he led the way to a massive clearing where massive rose bushes with long vines trailing along the ground. the Play ended and everyone else joined them and there was silence as they waited. then, one by one, the tight green buds started to open, each petal uncurling slowly and it was like watching a thousand gleaming diamonds glittering in the sun. each rose shone in the sunlight, as clear as glass, but as reflective as a mirror, making the entire world sparkle and gleam.

Phedre looked amazed as she watched the parade, starting a little as alexei ordered her about, smiling as she let him pull her into the clearing, eyes widening as she watched the roses bloom.”Oh…oh its so beautiful…”She said closing her eyes a little as she just let the magic of the moment wash over it. It was so amazing, to be so connected to the land.

there where cheers now, and the littlest of children raced forward in one big hoard and quickly started picking some of the roses with little scissors and started handing them out. every single person got one, and each person held the rose with the utmost of reverence. Alexei smiled as she gently brushed her cheek against hers, while Alexei smelled his, his eyes closed in wonder and joy. everyone was touched by the magic on this day, as the roses bloomed. finally Phedre had one of her own, it smelled sweet and fragrant, and it was oh so soft in her hands. the petals ruffled, fluttering in the breeze, causing the rose bushes to break out in another dazzling display of lights. everyone simply stood there and watched and held their flowers and one by one the crowd started to move. each person effected differently by the magic. "come on Phedre." Alexei whispered, a smile in his voice and a calmness that only magic could grant in his eyes. "let's go get some lunch." he offered, looking around for the best food stall. "shit. it's Abrand..." he stated with a small scowl as a huge hulk of a man strode towards them, a massive silver Dragon insignia on his chest. "stay quiet Phedre." he ordered softly. "he can't do anything to me."

"Alexei!" Abrand snarled, eyes narrowing at the boy. "You left the Winter Lands!" "yes i did. i was collecting someone, a foreign dignitary who was interested in the Festival, and my cousin." he stated, eyes narrowed. "she had a falling out with her family." Abrand paused at that, eyes narrowed suspiciously as he leaned down so that he was nose to nose. "i'm sick and tired of you Alexei, always strutting about like your something special. the Snow Princess is never coming back, and even if one is born, she'll be dead. because i won't let ANYONE have this land but ME!" Abrand snarled. "these people will be mine, this land will be mine, and i'll turn that pretty Unicorn of yours into STEW!" "you can try Abrand, but Magic will protect us all from your glory mongering." Alexei stated, his own eyes narrowing. "now leave, or do you want me to kick your ass again!?" he demanded, his voice a hiss as strange magic swirled around him. no one else seamed to be able to sense it, but Phedre could. this magic was ancient, primal, dangerous, but also loyal. "Step out of line around me again Abrand, and i'll kill you." Abrand actually flinched and backed away from Alexei. "you and your filthy Magic tricks! i WILL win this land Alexei! and you and your sister and that filthy 'keeper' of yours will be hanged!" and with that, Abrand turned and left, practically fleeing from Alexei who had his head up and his eyes narrowed, a proud guard of the Snow Princess to the bone. "you alright Phedre?" Alexis asked softly, taking the girls hand. "i'm surprised he did that... Abrand is gettign out of control... not even the Magic can touch him now..."

(Sigh, so ready for a day off…lol)

Phedre stirred, turning a little from her studying the rose in her hands, blinking slowly.”Okay, food would be good.”She said softly absently stroking the petals before frowning, looking nervous before nodding.”Whatever you say.”she said swallowing hard, shrinking a little, looking nervous in front of abrand’s fury. Wanting to move away, at the man’s words, understanding just how dangerous things would be.

At the touch of alexei’s magic her eyes fluttered slightly, before she looked at alexis, knowing it wasn’t safe to look towards abrand, not when she knew instinctively what he would see in her eyes if she did. Snow flakes fell through her iris, clouding the blue, and the fury that churned her stomach at seeing alexei treated so, made her want to throw up, making her feel sick because of just how potent it was. Everyone forgot, seeing how beautiful it was, just how deadly winter could be in its fury. Swallowing as she looked at alexei she nodded a little, trying to get control as she curled her fingers around alexei’s. “I’m fine.”she muttered

Alexei smiled a little as he watched her with the rose and glared at Abrand, well aware of what the man would do if he ever caught the Snow Princess. the same as what Willim would do, the leader of the Phoenix clan, who wasn't even bothering to look at Alexei. Willim liked to think that Alexei was just another annoying bastard, not worthy of the time of the day. that would come back to bite him in the ass, that was for sure. Alexei watched Abrand leave and he turned and faced Phedre, his head cocked to the side. "i'm sorry you had to see that... but at least i didn't have to kick his ass this time. i think he's finally starting to understand that he's only around still because i don't have it in me to kill someone." he admitted with a smile. "most of his men are fine, they'll back down the second i look at them, but Abrand and Willim... they are power hungry bastards. i don't know what happened to them, but i think the Goddess withdrew her magic from them as soon as they tried to take control. so that's why they are like that." he admitted. "in theory anyway... come on! let's get some lunch, there's some meat pies with my name on it! and there are bubbly pies here too! nice hot fruit filled mini pies. they're delicious! it should be some blueberry and some late season apples, and if we're really lucky, they might have a few cherry left over from the trade." he chirped eagerly, rubbing his hands together.

Phedre swallowed, shudding as she watched the ground, taking a shuddering breath to calm before looking up at alexei, smiling a little.”I think you are right….they...are lost…without the touch of the goddess…”she muttered biting her lip, concern over her people putting a slight frown between her eyebrows before laughing, nodding as she slipped a arm through his.”let’s. Food sounds delicious.”She said sounding amused as she walked through the crowd with him.

there was no other problems in the Festival as Alexei and Alexis showed Phedre the best of the city had to offer. they explained that there was a various Festival once every month, and somethings two or three, but that the Winter Rose Festival, and the Summer and Winter Equinox's where the most important, the others where more just holidays of a sort, like Halloween or fourth of July. there where a few parades here and there but mostly it was just celebrated at home. as night fell, Alexis got very excited and informed Phedre that the Fireworks would be starting soon and that they had to go back to the castle! Alexei snickered and glanced at Phedre. "you get the best view up at the castle." he explained. "Alexis always watches the show from the West Tower. which is, indecently, her room at this point." he admitted with a grin as he shook his head and led the way back. up the Tower they went, thousands of spiraling stairs. Alexis's room was beautiful though. not as extravagant as Phedra's, but clearly very well put together... well, save for the thousands of fabric scraps and sewing supplies laying everywhere. she dragged them both to the couch sitting right in front of a massive window, and as promised, they had the most amazing view of the Fireworks.

Phedre laughed softly at alexei’s teasing.”That’s okay. I will share the towers with her, since she made me such a beautiful dress.”She muttered looking amused, laughing as she looked around the room. It was very amusing to see so many fabrics laying around. Amused as she movd to sit on the couch she sighed quietly, eyes wide as she watched the fireworks. And while it happened, she slumped tiredly into alexei’s side, head resting on his shoulder, so overexcited and overwrought over the happenings of the day that she fell asleep there, despite the fireworks going off just right outside. Knowing that her guard would protect her, she knew it would be okay to nap

when she woke, it was morning and she had been tucked into bed. somehow Phedre had been changed into a set o Pajamas, Alexis had changed Phedre because Alexei had outright refused to strip the princess, no matter the reason. Alexei was still asleep, laying on his little mattress and looking very content. he didn't appear to be wearing any pajamas though. in fact, he only appeared to be wearing a pair of tighty whities... only they where black. with the blanket's bunched around his feet, that gave Phedre ample opportunity to ogle him to death. he looked so relaxed, sleeping there like that. if Phedre was able to tear her eyes away, she'd notice that Alexis was sleeping on her couch as well, wearing an adorable pair of bunny pajamas. she looked almost innocent, even though everyone knew she was anything but. "Good morning My Lady." Johnathon stated as he brought in a massive tray of breakfast, enough for all three teenagers. "since Alexei overdid himself last night, i thought i would bring you all some breakfast. please help yourself while i wake up the Slob of a Guide." he ordered simply, hefting up a bucket of water and dumping it all over Alexei, who squealed and cursed furiously at being woken so rudely.

“Good morning, Johnathon.”Phedre said absently from where she was sitting up on her elbows, staring at her guide as she considered the very good looking man. Before her mind caught up to the fact that she had been staring before shifting to start eating as she laid in bed, busily eating and ignoring her blush as she considered that. “Oh, shhh, alex. You’re being to loud for this early.”she teased snickering a little as she tried not to think about what she had been doing moments before.

Alexei groaned as he glared at Johnathon, Alexis whining in protest at being woken, the girl glaring at her brother, who scowled at Johnathon. "what the hell did you do that for!?" Alex demanded, staggering to his feet and looking down at himself with a scowl. "i'm all wet! my bed is wet! my bedding is wet!" "and you have a hangover." Johnathon stated smugly and Alex scowled. "as a matter of fact i do NOT have a hangover. i didn't drink even a drop of Summerdew or liqueur last night so THERE!" Johnathon looked a little surprised by that. "...well, that IS news. unfortunately, you have a job that needs to be done. Abrand and Willim are fighting very brutally again and you need to stop them." Alexei groaned but nodded as he rushed over to his little suitcase and quickly got dressed. "Sorry Phedre, i'll be right back. Alexis protect her." and with that, he was gone and Johnathon sighed and glanced at Phedre. "i know you don't like this, but Alexei won't be hurt... you could always watch from the Winter Stone if you need to." he promised her. should she chose to do that, she would see the black headed Abrand and a blond haired Willim trying to kill each other, while Alexei stormed towards them riding a pure white stallion from the stables. he had that strange magic swirling around him again, you could see the glint of rage in his eyes.

“Summerdew?”Phedre questioned looking interested as she listened to the other. Wincing a little as she heard about the fight, biting her lip a little.”Shouldn’t I go and help him?”she said before sighing, nodding at his suggestion. Heading downstairs to watch, resting her cheek against the stone as she struggled to not go after her guide, not liking the idea that she couldn’t protect him from what was coming. Even if she knew he could protect himself, she wanted to be down there, protecting him, and protecting her land from the men who were threating it.

"Summerdew is a very sweet alcohol. it's very powerful, even more so than Moonshine." Johnathon admitted. "Alexei loves the stuff. no one on the island can drink like Alexei can." he admitted with a smile before watching her rush off. Alexei snarled, his eyes flashing as he came across the massive battle, fifty people or more trying to brutally slaughter each other. as soon as they spotted Alexei though, most of them fled, racing off, uncaring if they where running with freinds or enemies. apparently Alexei was more fearsome than Phedre had imagined. he leaped off his horse and in a matter of seconds, he had the two men who where trying to choke each other to death, off of each other. a single movement, a hand on the shirts of both men, and they where flung apart like Alexei had simply tossed a pair of rag dolls. they hit the ground with a grunt and Alexei scowled as he examined them, both of them snarling as they got to their feat. "this is ridiculous!" Alexei hissed, eyes flashing. "you will never have the Winter Lands! Magic herself has forsaken you and yet you fight like school children." "Do not disrespect me my Son." Willim hissed and Alexei laughed. "oh please, Father. what will you do?" oh shit. the leader of the Phoenix clan was Alexei's father! and Alexis's too for that matter! no wonder the twins where living in the castle, being that they where loyal to the Goddess and not to the Clan.

Phedre trembled as she realized that alexei was facing his father, swallowing as she restricted the urge to run. Standing slowly she gathered her skirts, not realizing that she had magicked herself into a dress made of snow and ice, before walking up to greet alexei, waiting for him to return, hiding in the shadows of the door as she waited. Torn between rushing out to help alexei and deal with the two men, and obeying alexei’s command to stay where she was and not reveal herself yet. There would only be so long that she stayed where she had been told to.

Alexis was waiting at the door herself, looking anxious and worried as she chewed on her lip, not in the least bit aware that Phedre was there. a half an hour later Alexei appeared, looking ruffled but unhurt. he winced as Alexis hugged him and she quickly apologized and carefully lifted his shirt, wincing at the massive bruise there. "broken rib?" "no, just tender. it sucks having to fight them, they aren't Guides anymore and they aren't touched by Magic, but the strength never really leaves. i'm more powerful than they could ever be though." Alexei assured his sister. "Father and Uncle got the ass beating they deserved." he sighed. "i hate seeing our family so torn up, but they are too gone to see reason..." Alexis nodded. "i wish Uncle Abrand and father could..." she sighed and shook her head, gently examining the bruise again. "still. they only got one hit on you this time..." "mmm, where's Phedre? you didn't leave her alone did you?" "no. well yes... she's in with the Winter Stone..." Alexis muttered and Alexei relaxed and nodded. "good then, i need to get some pain killers... and then i have to crash for a bit. i used more energy than i want to admit..."

Phedre relaxed as she saw alexei appear, swallowing hard as she looked him over. Moving to step forward before stopping, realizing that alexei didn’t want to see her yet. Swallowing hard as she moved away from the door, taking the long way back to her rooms, pretending that she had just come from the winter stone, looking up at him worriedly.”I watched, but I still need to know. Are you okay?”She said still looking worried for him.

Alexei looked up at her and he smiled a little. "i'm fine. i'm sorry you had to see that..." he bit his lip a little. "i suppose you saw that... about my Father i mean..." he looked rather ashamed as he sat down on her bed. he had already been bandaged by Alexis and with his shirt on Phedre wouldn't be able to see them. "i suppose i should explain, shouldn't i?" he asked softly, his eyes flickering to her and then back tot he floor, wondering how best to explain? "when the last Snow Princess was taken away, there where three 'Clans' that birthed the 'Guides'. the Dragon clan, the Phoenix clan, and the Tiger Clan... these three clans, swore fealty to the Princess, their bloodlines blessed by her power. those who are Guides, have amazing abilities. mostly supernatural strength and senses." he admitted with a grimace. "each Clan, was led by a part of the Family, a 'head' as it where. each Clan had a different duty to the protection of the Princess. the Phoenix Clan, protected the borders from attack, the 'military' as it where. the Dragon Clan protected the people from criminals and crooks... the police. and the Tiger Clan protected specific people, lords, nobles, and the like. but only those who where born with the specific powers could be Guides, and only they protected the princess." he closed his eyes. "My Father, Willim, and my uncle Ambrand where Guides once. as was their fathers before them and their fathers before them... until Ambrand and Willim, the three clans where only fighting about laws and rules, not about who would control. the Tiger clan kept the peace... for the most part. when my grandfather and granduncle where boys. the Tiger Clan died. i'm not sure how. no one says. after that the two remaining clans got more and more furious with each other. and that's when they started fighting for control. they where cursed, and their magic locked away, but the fighting continued. when my grandmother died in childbirth, my Grandfather couldn't take care of both his boys. so one, he kept. Willim, and one he gave to his brother... they where raised to hate each other, despite being twins... and now they are cursed as well."

Phedre nodded a little, looking at him.”You don’t have to.”She muttered but going quiet as he explained, tilting her head a little as she thought about it….they have no balance. Between the three, it was balanced. Without them…”She shrugged a little sighing quietly as she thought about it, looking worried before sighing sadly.”I don’t know how to help with that…I do not know if there’s anything I can do…”She whispered looking so sad at the idea of not being able to help this kind man, who’d come to mean something to her, in the short time they’d been together.

he nodded a little. "the Tiger Clan had always been the moderator between the two Clans." he admitted with a small, soft smile as he shook his head. "i was supposed to be the heir to the Phoenix clan." he admitted softly. "and sister was supposed to go tot he Dragon Clan... but Johnathon noticed what i was, and took us both away from the battles. being the Keeper, it's his job to keep an eye out for the Guide bloodlines anyway, but i'll always be thankful that i didn't end up like my father." he admitted with a small smile at her. "i don't think there is anything that can be done either. they'll either have to be imprisoned, killed, or banished. it's the only way to stop them." he ran a hand through his hair, looking worried. "the rest of the Clan is just doing what they're told to, they can be saved at least."

“I am glad you were both saved.”phedre said smiling a little, hesitating for a moment before reaching out, and taking his hand squeezing gently. Smiling a little she sighed quietly. “we will see what we can do to save them, if possible. I promise.”She said before sighing again, shaking her head.”You should probably be laying down alexei.”she said looking at him worried

Back
Top Bottom