Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pristine Heart (kuro_bara x BlackTalon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuro_bara

Supernova
When the average person happened across the Starwood Military Science Facility it probably never occurred to them what the facility was for. The name was enough to placate most normal people. It was a building, where scientist conducted research for the military. Simple.

Or not. Deep within the seemingly innocent location was a young woman. She looked to be about 22 years old, with coal black hair that would have hung in shiny waves down her back if it wasn't matted with sweat and blood from the dreadful tests they put her through. Her eyes once bright and full of life were dull, untrusting and bitter. The colour was a disconcerting shade of burnished gold. When she was healthy, she had a curvy but very fit figure and was uncommonly strong for her build.

Many of the oddities about this woman could be attributed to her ancestry, oddities in most people usually are. Her family history was particularly strange and very rare. People didn't believe her race even existed, this was rather ironic because the very thing the world used on a daily basis came from her race. Millennium ago dragons graced the world with the gift of Magic but humans unable to wield it in natural form resorted to using it in conjunction with science. Eventually they forgot the noble history of dragons and magic, humans are such short lived and forgetful beings.

When the humans stumbled upon this woman and discovered that she held no technology within her yet had innate magical abilities they whisked her away and locked her in a tower. Figuratively of course. Instead of the dragon guarding the maiden in this case, the maiden is the dragon and she is about to have her whole world changed.

Beth leaned against the wall gritting her teeth against the pain. Her dark hair was plastered to her head with sweat, not that she was hot but the pain was so intense her body was likely going into shock. She almost wished they would let her die but she knew they would never let her happen. They were convinced they could create raw magic from her body and mercilessly put her through grueling tests and experiments to prove their theories. In the long run she was a caged animal, a weapon to be used against their enemies.

The most recent bout of tests had left her completely weak. Her muscles felt strained and her head ached fiercely. She squeezed her gold eyes closed and tried to take deep breaths, tried to think about what it would be like to tear apart every single one of them, one piece at a time.

As she shifted to get in a more comfortable position for her sore body the chains around her wrists rattled overly loud in her sensitive ears. A few years ago they had been content to leave her in her cage unrestrained until she managed to take a chunk quite literally out of a careless researcher. With a sigh she prayed for the day she would be free of this hateful, cruel place.

A dark room is filled with smoke, two people in black cloaks sitting down in seats, looking at one man in a suit "Your services are needed once again, We've got an objective that you need to go to, you need to sneak into Starwood Militairy Science Facility and retrieve every intel you can, I'll pay you beyond your dreams if you do. Believe me it will be worth it." The man picks up two large bags and gives them to the men "Consider this a starting gift". The bags were filled with cash, it was about one million dollars in total in the bags as the men grin as they opened it, they close it and they seemed to put it in a small little backpack, strangely enough the bags dissapear in it and the men seemed pleased about the payment they received, looking at eachother.

The two people nod and take all the intel the contact had, studying it thoroughly as they leave the building getting into a hovering car, which swiftly races towards the airfield, going to park itself away as the men exit, having two big bags with them each, going onto a private airplane as they move up into the air, flying towards the land of their goal. The airplane lands about two hours after they left the airport, coming into a seperate private airstroke as they get out and go to another hovercar.

They arrive at a hill next to the Facility and then seem to ditch the car as they wait for nightfall to come. As nightfall comes, the two disappear in the darkness, only to reappear inside of the laboratory of the Facility, they swiftly take quick care of the researchers and people in the laboratory, having taken out the security and camera network, they went in and were about to go out as professionals. Until the two of them stop infront of the cage of Beth, looking at her as they both still are wearing the black cloaks on their bodies. They had a magical scent to them, she could smell them and one of them smelled really nice, as if she was walking through a rosefield, the other one smelled incredibly manly, his swetty aroma piercing deep into her nostrils as she could find it somewhat relaxing and ensafing. Although they were human, the kind that experimented on her for the past years.

Something strange touched the edge of Beth's senses. A presence...a scent something or someone she didn't recognize. She had memorized the scent and psychic feel of every person in the building but these were different. One seemed feminine the other masculine. She kept her eyes closed until she sensed them approach her cage.

Beth had always referred to her cell as a cage. In reality it was a large room three solid walls painted white though there were deep gouges in the stone here and three and one clear wall. It appeared at first to be glass but it was much stronger. It had to be to contain her. There was also a magic dampening field around the room. It kept her power low enough that she couldn't change because if she could she would tear this building to the ground.

As the pair stepped in front of the glass she opened her eyes fixing her disconcerting gold stare on them. Seeing them swathed in dark cloaks her lips pulled back in a snarl. When they initially approached she had thought they were non human but she could tell now they were. Probably one of Starwood's many enemies come to steal their prize experiment. The thought made rage well up inside her and she strained against the heavy chains making them creak ominously. If these people were stupid enough to release her they would truly be sorry.

As she growled and watched them warily a new smell reached her nose...blood. So much blood. The psychic presence of the people in the building was greatly diminished. Less than a quarter remained of the original number of people. Her growl slowly faded away as she watched them through the clear wall. Who were these people?

The two look at eachother and she could see them talking to eachother as one turns around and goes to one of the computers there. He sets himself down comfortable as he starts typing like a madman on the computer, his skills on the computer were undoubtably surreal as he would open a window, type something in it or select something and then close it as if he had done nothing else in his life. His fingers were moving swiftly over the keyboard as the monitor showed an ongoing flashing of screens that evently led up to a databar slowly filling as he stands up and fixes his robe gently.

The other one goes to the glass and slowly puts her hand on the glass, she would see the small female human hand on the visible wall and then Beth could hear a voice go through her mind "Poor thing, you have been locked here for god knows how long. Don't worry we'll get you outside soon" the girl then looks for an opening on the cage, searching it thoroughly as she tries to find a place to enter the room to speak with Beth.

Beth could feel a gentle magic flow coming from the girl, it smelled as if she was soft and charming but had an immense level of grace about herself. For some reason Beth would find it soothening, she hadn't senced an aura like that in a long long time and she would find evenly as interesting as mysterious about why they are here. The aura of the male though she can't read, for some reason the aura of the male doesn't appear at all, it is as if he was non-existant or had no magic at all.

Beth was still wary but now she simply sat and watched. She could hear the woman speak to her through a psychic link, not something the average magic user could do easily or cheaply. High levels of magic like that were quite expensive. Instead of responding she leaned her head back against the wall and closed her eyes. Know that she knew someone was trying to break her out, that the doctors weren't about to show up and take her away for more brutal experiments she let herself relax. Her body still ached and all she wanted to do was sleep but until she found somewhere safe she would remain awake and alert. Just in case.

The female mercenary finds a door and opens it slowly looking at Beth "Are you okay?" She asks Beth as she comes closer, immediatly going to Beth's body, laying her hands on her banged-up body, a green shine comes from her hands and two needles suddenly come from the palms of her hands, making no pain at all to Beth as they enter and inject a magical liquid. The liquid quickly spreads over her body as Beth would start to feel better as her body slowly returns to normal, not wounded anymore. The needles go back into her palm and dissapear under her skin "There you should feel better soon" She still hasn't revealed herself though, she doesn't feel the need to do so "Can you stand?" she asks to her as she steps back, grabbing something underneath her cloak as she swiftly dissapears from sight.

Beth could hear the dropping of chains and shackles, her body feeling released as the chains and shackles that used to contain her were released from her "Now don't run please" Beth appears infront of her again, coughing gently as she looks at Beth "We're friendly, we're not here to hurt you or anything else, we came to get information about this place and about the country"

Beth hissed as the woman laid her hands over her but was unable to pull away before she was injected with a liquid. She shivered as the magic rippled through her body. After a few moments the tension eased out of her muscles, the ache in her head went away and she felt refreshed for the first time in years.

When the chains dropped away she pushed herself to her to her feet slowly and braced a hand against the wall. Even though the worst of her injuries were healed she still felt weakened. "Who are you?" She asked in a soft voice peering at the woman. "Why are you setting me free, don't you know what I am?"

As Beth stood up, the female mercenary lowered her hood. As she did so, her long brown hair fell down over her shoulders, her light blue eyes looking at Beth with a certain shine in them. As she looks at Beth again she smiles gently "I'm Isabelle" she said in a soft and calm voice. She fixed her hair gently as she looked at her "Yes I know what you are, you're very interesting to us" she said with a slight interest in her voice as she sat down on the ground, resting her back against the wall of the cell "I red your magical aura as I touched the cage".

As they were talking, Beth could see the male mercenary looking around for anything that seemed suspicious, she could still not sence any magic coming from his body, it was evenly as interesting as frightening. He looked very tall in the black cloak, also very wide, his posture almost not seeming like a normal human.

Isabelle stood up slowly and looked at Beth "Either way, you are still too weak to go outside by yourself, we have arranged an escape plan, if you want to we can take you to a safe place to recover" she said with a confident and friendly voice.

Beth paced slowly stretching tired muscles. When Isabelle introduced herself she frowned at the woman. "Why should I trust you, everyone has always tried to use me. I just want to be free from all this." She waved a hand idly at the building in general. As she paced she cast a suspicious glance towards the male figure still not entirely trusting his presence. The woman seemed complete at ease but he put her on edge.

When Isabelle commented on her being too weak she growled. "I am fine, I can take care of myself." Her reply was almost a snarl. She had to admit to herself though that she would need a safe place to recover...and she had no idea where to go from here. She rolled her shoulders irritably wishing she could change and just fly away from it all. "I'll come with you but if either you try to lay a hand on me I am not responsible for what happens." She warned in a soft but dangerous tone.

As she said her last phrase, it made Isabelle giggle "We wont touch you, don't worry about that" Isabelle stood up and looked at her "Don't worry about him, he doesn't speak too often, but he's a fine guy" she smiled lightly as she looked over at him "A good partner aswell" she walked out of the cage, putting her hood back on.

"We're ready" she said to the male mercenary as he turned around and looked at her, nodding as he jumped up into the air easily, he put his hands on the ceiling, and as he did, a circle appeared on the ceiling. He dropped down again and landed softly as he placed his hands on the ground and the same circle appeared on the floor, afterwards he stood back up and looked at Isabelle.

Isabelle looked at Beth, still having the gentle smile on her face "It's all ready, will you please join us in the circle?" Isabelle walked over to the circle and sat down slowly. Both of the mercenaries now waited for Beth to join them in the circle.

Beth edged closer to the circle examining it closely. Very high level magic indeed. A teleportation circle...even she couldn't do something like that yet, not that she needed to usually. Taking a deep breath she walked forward into the circle standing close to Isabelle. She instinctively trusted the woman over the man at the moment.

As she stepped into the circle, the ground underneath them shone in a bright light as they were all blinded, the next thing they could see was a medium sized wooden shack, in the middle of a big oak tree forest. It seemed cosy and warm inside as both mercenary started walking towards it. Isabelle turns around and smiled "We're here, let's go!"

As the forest seemingly appeared around them Beth stopped staring around in awe. She was a child when they had taken her and she had never been anywhere near a forest as dense as this one. Most of the wooded areas had been destroyed in humankind's quest for resources. She tilted her head to the sky and took a deep breath of the fresh air. It was filled the scents of the forest, animals, trees and wood smoke from the shack.

Her eyes shone gold in the dim light from the cabin. "Why did you come to Starwood?" She asked Isabelle wandering around the clearing in front of the little house exploring with almost childlike wonder.

As they reached the house, the male mercenary entered the house and closed the door behind him. Isabelle turned around and smiled gently at her "It was a paid job, we're mercenaries after all" she giggled and then sat down infront of the house, she looked at Beth and sighed gently "We had no idea there was something as horrible as your treatment being held there" she smiled gently "I convinced him to get you out of there, it wasn't our job but I felt like I had to do something about it" she laid down gently and looked at the stars in the sky "Come and look at the stars with me" she said as she petted the ground next to her.

Beth strayed a bit closer but didn't sit down with woman. She had a major conflict of emotion roiling inside her. With the magic dampener gone she could feel her power beginning to steadily grow and with it a growing rage to ravage everything in sight but at the same time the woman's gentle and placid attitude made her want to lay down beside her as if they were sisters.

A memory of long ago before her imprisonment finally made the choice for her. A memory of another woman, with ebony hair and gold eyes and soft voice who had asked her to watch the stars. She could vaguely imagine this figure and herself laying on an rocky outcropping away from the glaring city lights staring up the at the night sky. She approached cautiously and slid to the ground. After a moment of eyeing the woman she finally laid down and looked up. Her breath caught in her throat. The stars she remembered were a small sprinkling of lights in a dark sky. Above them was twinkling canvas of starlight on inky purple darkness.

She remained silent for a few minutes simply enjoying the view and her new found freedom. "If you know I'm not human why aren't you afraid of me?" She asked suddenly turning to look at the woman. "If you know what I can I do...aren't you worried I will attack?" Her eyes reflected the light of the stars almost like a cats.

As she said that Isabelle smiled and looked at her "If a person is scared for something she doesn't understand, she doesn't know, what is the point in discovering new things" she giggled as she looked up at the stars "I'm not scared because when I saw you in that cage, I knew that I shouldn't be scared of you"

Isabelle sighed softly and looked at her "Besides, people are mostly scared of me, because of the reputation me and my partner have, we're famous mercenaries and well it doesn't give a good name with people" her face showed a slight look of sadness, as if she was sad that she hadn't had much friends her entire life

I took Beth a few moments to realize she was looking at a kindred spirit. While the woman was human she had obviously overcome some huge obstacles in her life and she had suffered somewhere in her past maybe even trapped like Beth. Instead of making her bitter and angry like dragon-girl her suffering had made her into a kinder and gentler person who had a respect for life.

Beth sat up and really looked at the woman and pushed aside her own prejudices. "So your partner, he's your husband then?" She asked curiously. She couldn't really remember her parents other then the odd memory like the stargazing one. Most of her memories seemed to contain her mother and there were none of her parents together. She wondered what having a partner in life was like. It was unlikely she would ever experience that in her life time.

Isabelle giggled and shaked her head "Not at all, he's the only friend I have. I'm quite attached to him that is true but he's not my husband. I don't think I can ever have a husband" she looked down at the ground as a tear dropped on the ground, she then smiled up at her as she wiped off the trace of salted water the tear made over her face "But that's another story that's in the past" she smiled happily again as she looked up at the stars "I seek comfort underneath heavens like this" she sat up gently after that and looked at her "How about we go eat something?" she said as she stood up, and offered her hand to help her stand up.

Indeed they could smell an amazingly nice smell of food being prepared inside of the cabbin, it would tingle Beth's sences and draw her towards the smell, it would make her curious about what the food would be and how it would taste like.

As Beth entered the little cabin and the smell of food hit her, her traitorous stomach growled loudly. She gave Isabelle and embarrassed look. "I guess its been awhile since I've had anything real to eat." She said, her wariness easing just a bit more. As she stood out of the way of the pair of mercenaries she couldn't help but wonder why Isabelle would say such a thing about herself. It was a sentiment that almost completely echoed her own.

As they entered they could see the male mercenary still in his cloak, as he was putting allot of food on the table, the meal containing Wild boar roasted in the pan, A mixed salad and a side dish of allot of fish and different made potatoes.

As Isabelle sees this sight, she giggles "Awh he likes you!" she went to sit down at the table as she looked at Beth "Please make yourself comfortable, feel at home, if you want to." she smiled gently as if nothing had happened before, her pain all shrugged away as she seemed happy again

The more magic a human used the more they needed to eat to compensate for the energy used. A purely magical creature needed even more and somehow they seemed to know this. Beth's mouth watered at the spread of food before her. Sitting at the table with the two her anger almost completely forgotten she dug in. She tried a little of everything on the table until she was completely full and feeling sleepy.

She glanced at the man, Isabelle hadn't been kidding when she said he talked very little. He hadn't said hardly anything since they had whisked her away like a princess in a fairy tale. "I...I should thank you for what you did. You could have left me there to die...or killed me or sold me to your bosses." She swallowed a lump in her throat and blinked back a sting of tears. These people were being unusually kind and it made her feel vulnerable for some reason.

The male looked at her as she said it. He bowwed gently at her and then walked towards her as he went to tap her on the head softly "Don't thank us, it was logical..." he said before he turned around and went outside into the forest, as he dissapeared from sight. The man was mysterious and had a vagueness around him that was strangely interesting and thoughtfilling.

Isabella looked at Beth "Wow he really feels comfortable around you" she giggled and looked at her, as she sees the tear, she went to her and gave her a soft hug "I know you can kill me for touching you, but you needed it" she smiled gently as she patted her back gently, trying to get Beth to calm down

Beth jumped when he bopped her on the head and watched with wide surprised eyes as he disappeared out of the house. When Isabella approached and comforted her she smiled up at her. "I'm actually feeling okay. Whatever healing you did worked wonders. Do you mind if I just wander outside for a bit." She asked gazing outside at the dark forest. "I've been cooped up for a really long time and having some space to roam would be amazing." She gave her an apologetic grin.

Isabelle smiled and nodded at her "go silly, you still are free, we're just taking care of you for a while" she went to go clean the table, she laid the dishes away in an old sink and started washing them off and cleaning them with soap. After that she started cleaning the house as she was all alone back there.

The man was sitting on a cliff a few 100 meters away from the little house, he was holding a dagger in what seemed his tanned hand. She would be able to hear some words fly past her ear but nothing too good to make out something off a sentence.

[Beth skirted the cliff at first poking around through the woods enjoying the smells and sights but curiosity got the better of her and she finally approached. "Uh...sorry if I am disturbing you, I just wanted to thank you again." His scent intrigued her and she wanted to find out more about him. She stood nearby rubbing an arm idly and looking uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom