Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two brothers and an Innkeeper's story (Candira and Vertaige)

Clint read her face noticing her demeanor slightly shift and he had enough experience to realize when a woman was less than happy.
"I'm sorry if I insulted you, ma'am, its just the fact that I've yet to meet a woman as motivated and successful." He then sat up and gave a sincere smile. She was definitely something else and while his own family was complicated, she seemed genuine about her family. After all Eli had decided his life need more and Clint had the unfortunate job in bringing the boy back home in one piece and breathing."So how often do you cook dinner? Seems like a fine lady should be able to afford herself a nice chef or at least wrangle a some help." He was curious and maybe if she'd let him he'd help, seeing as before all this mess, Ma had taught him all she knew about pleasing a woman in the kitchen.

Nora sighed. "It's just that men tend to forget that women can do things like this. We're tougher than we look, you know." A little smile greeted him and then she thought on his next comment, wondering if she should feel the subtle sting of insult his words brought. She was sure he hadn't meant anything by it, but the insult was there none-the-less. "I'm the primary worker here. As it stands I don't have a lot of people I can count on for staff. Most of the people who come to town are either passing through or ranchers who are resupplying. There aren't many people who can spare time to work here."

"I cook, though there are a few young ladies who help me for extra spending money by preparing some foods like vegetables. I do have a housekeeper on grounds at all times, but it's not a very big in. And then there are the bar staff who take care of things on their own. Most profits go to me so I can pay the bills in this place, but I can afford to pay the people who work here quite well. It's nothing to brag about, but it's a decent living," she said with a nod. "It does wear me out now and then, but I like what I do."

Back
Top Bottom