Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

BBC and your favorite Brit Shows

DJBayview

Supernova
So, I'm on Season 3 of BBC's Merlin. It's very family friendly, and I absolutely love it. Like woah, after a drink or two I get all sorts of into it. Cursing at Merlin and Arthur for being fools, getting teary at the emotional parts, shouting triumphantly when they beat off whatever episode's baddie.

So, have you guys seen Merlin yet? Have you seen others? Dr. Who is an obvious choice, [stoked for to see the 12th in action], but other than that what else is emotionally gripping? What else should I sink a good weekend into?

I enjoy Lurther, Sherlock, Merlin was entertaining, I can't get into Who.

Other British shows that may or may not be BBC, Wire in the Blood was entertaining and I will always love Sharpe.

I won't watch BBC's Being Human. I don't like it at all.

Doctor Who is awesome
Orphan Black was interesting to see a few episodes of.

I was told to watch the Tudors because it is a very visual and plot-worthy series.

I'm interested in seeing Copper because it's Sherlock Holmes-y.

I think there is a new show called Ripper Street which I also plan on getting into.

Copper is a good show, Ari and I have started watching it. However it is made entirely by BBC America as their first production.

Still fucking awesome.

I just started rewatching the BBC adaptation of John LeCarre's "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy."

It's purely fantastic. Not to be missed. Quiet and stark and subtle and brilliant.

And, of course, Top Gear is just too good to pass up.

Keep meaning to dig up Blake's 7 too. I have fond memories from my childhood when they showed it on YTV along with Doctor Who on weekday afternoons.

Sherlock! oh and Merlin that show makes me laugh cry and rage all in one episode usually, and Robin Hood!!
If you guys are Hobbit fans you deffinitly need to see the BBC Robin Hood. One name. Richard Armitage.

Doc Who is good also, if you cant watch all the seasons though it can get confusing.

Oh and Top Gear, lovlie show.

Wow, thats a long list sinceI've been watching BBC programs on PBS since I was a kid. Its why I still use British terms when I talk and type. Lets see...

Blake 7
Doctor Who (from the third to the present regeneration)
Inspector Morse
A Touch of Frost (major fav)
Red Dwarf
Monty Pythons Flying Circus
Poirot
Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett version)
Sherlock

I'm sure there's a few I'm forgetting but that's all I can think of sitting here at work.

Oh my god you guys I forgot...

MIRANDA!

tumblr_mgzmqxOjZN1s23nono1_500.gif

It is hilarious. It's about a socially awkward 30something year old. There's only 3 seasons with about 6 episodes. Each episode is a half an hour long, quick watch. And she's legit awkward, not cheesy and fake I'm super hot and actually pretty normal but I'm awkward because the story tells you I am kind of awkward.

I think someone mentioned Ripper Street. It's an interesting show if a little slow to get interested in. I tend to stick to comedies for the most part, and old ones for that matter. Blackadder, Bottom, Harry Enfield, all the classics you saw from the BBC during the 80's/90's. As the advent of cable TV and the internet broke out, I found myself watching BBC programs less and less over time. Just seem to find a lot of more interesting stuff elsewhere.

Red Dwarf is definitely one of my favourite British shows of all time. The Cat has to be one of my favourite characters ever. I really enjoy Outnumbered, a show that really does just capture your average British family to a tee, Hugh Dennis is fantastic. I like Sherlock, Whitechapel and Doctor Who. But then of course there's Countdown, Mock The Week, 8 Out of 10 Cats, Russel Howard's Good News, your usual stuff.

One of my favourites to come out lately is Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Good-ish. It's a fantastic show that questions all of those silly little quibbles that happen in society, like why we go out and buy an 11 piece comb set because it's a 'better deal' even though we only wanted one comb. 'Which one's the better deal? Neither, because I ONLY WANTED ONE F**KING COMB.' Some of his stuff really can be hilarious and also eye opening to a lot of things about modern life. I seriously recommend you watch it.

I have it easy compared to you guys cause I live here and so just by watching TV I've got loads of good British shows. :p

I did forget one show: The Crystal Maze.

It was a british game show than ran in the early 90's for 6 seasons, with Richard O' Brien as its host for the first four. You can find reruns of it on various YouTube channels.

Back
Top Bottom