Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Closed)

Re: For Heaven and Earth (Ibuki No Sakura and Atzura)

He hadn't quite caught what she mumbled, he thought he heard something about fruit. He didn't really care about that. He listened to her little speak and found himself thinking of other things. It wasn't his concern who or what they were fighting. "Correction you, have something larger to deal with. I really don't care who or what your 'Goddess' are fighting." He was quite serious about it. He really didn't care at all. "I am a mercenary dear, I fight for anyone a price, as long as it suits my desires and doesn't go against my honor code. If your that animate about getting me go find something that might be of worth to me." Eli spoke, there was a great doubt she could actually find something that would put him in the mood to actually get involved in a war. What could a angel who knew nothing of this world possibly offer him at this moment in time to make him even think about it?

Ricca didn't like him at this point. "You could care less? Necros is going to wipe away all traces of humanity. Sure, he's taking the humans who join him now, but in time, he'll have them killed too. You think this isn't your problem too? You are seriously mistaken, fool." She snapped back, wanting to kick his teeth down his throat for being so unpleasant. "I am not here to bargain with you. I need your help, yes, but I can and will manage without you if it comes down to such. The world is falling apart. Humans are as always, in the middle, and caught in between. If you are not with me, you are against me, and being against me is not a great place to be."

Her words had caused him to halt, and turn. His appearance was clearly annoyed. She had done the wrong thing. She was threatening him, if anyone was seriously mistaken. This was one thing he didn't do well with. "Yes I could care less, your making it blatantly clear that your people alone cannot handle it. The destiny has been set and the lords will will be done in the path he desires. If we are meant to fall then so be it, it proves you are false angels. You who has sat on high defending your own land finally descend thinking you have a god given right to demand things of humans are the ones who a Seriously mistaken. Here on earth you have proven beyond a doubt your all but worthless. " Eli spoke in a cold and cruel tone. He wasn't entirely wrong with what he had said. There lack of Knowledge and loss of power was a dangerous combination. She herself wasn't helping them either, she was clearly making him less and less likely to join them, and more likely to go against them. "In this world where you are weakened it is best not to over estimate yourself, it will be the death of you... For once in my life I regret sparing someones life... But all be gladly take it for you if you wish." Eli growled turning to her baring his weapon, and in a odd way he bared his fangs at her as well. He began to have amusing thoughts though his face did not change. "Let us make a wager, if you can win against me, I will fight for you till the end. If you lose, you will Abandon your 'Goddess' and become my servant till the end of your life." Eli spoke calmly as he thought to himself. 'Let us see how far you are really willing to go... And how far you really can fall.' Eli was not doing this out of evil intentions though it might seem. He was testing her if anything.

Ricca frowned, then closed her eyes. "Fine then. My skills may be decreased, but I am strong enough to fight you. I summon the Sword of Revelation..." As before, with the wolves, a blade formed of light manifested itself in her grip. It solidified, took shape, and decorated itself in it's high steel. "I really didn't want it to come down to this human. But you will obey Anise's wishes."

"Ricca! That's enough!" Yelled a voice from above. The air suddenly started to taste... fresher. An angelic figure came down, and she had a presence about her. You could feel her power from afar, and if her powers were supressed, in Heaven, she must have been that much stronger.

"Ricca, don't lay a hand on him. You know that this is not what we were sent to do."

Ricca looked back at her and bowed deeply, keeping herself on her knees, perhaps this other angel was of a greater rank. Or perhaps this "Anise" herself.

"Lucia... Anise's Second... You are here? This human shows no respect for Anise or any of us. He cares little for anything at all, except himself. Somehow he saved my life... and he even uses dark arts. Let me fight him. If I beat him, he will follow me and help us beat Necro."

"Yes, Ricca, I heard most of the agreement. Most foolish of you to accept it. You have not come to earth as often as you should have... your body would have handled the supressions of the earth's atmosphere more effectively. He would have defeated you, in four out of every five possible chances... if not more."

Ricca paused. "That's... impossible. I have the Sword of Reval-"

"What good is that blade, if the weilder lacks power? Dismiss your blade. End this game. We are returning home."

Ricca bowed.

This angel, Lucia, came down and walked closer to Eli. "We are sorry to have disturbed you, Mercenary. She is but a messenger from Anise, and it's obvious that your oaths only lie within yourself. We would love to use you and your abilities to help tip the scale in our favor, but this must be absolutely voluntary on your part, neither Ricca nor myself can force you like your bet imposed. We will be going at this time. May Peace be with you." She turned towards Ricca. "And to think that Anise would need the help of human mercenaries. Come Ricca. We fly home immediately."

This angel Lucia was just as beautiful as Ricca if not more. Her wings were decorated in gold and she carred one large sword. That was an angel. She almost put Ricca to shame.

Eli's teeth remained bared he was not one to lower his guard so soon. Especially with the decent of what he dubbed another enemy. If Eli dislike Ricca, he disliked this Lucia ten times more. A bead of sweat ran down his cheek. His felt a sour taste in his mouth, he knew full well if he fought her he would have to do something drastic if he wanted to win. He quickly eyed the cursed bandage on his arm. It wasn't hard to imagine him pulling something drastically stupid. But should she intervene he would have no choice what so ever if he hoped to win. Boy were angels really getting on his nerve today. First that Ricca girl then this new one. Yet he did take just the same surprise to Ricca's actions that. For someone of her spirit he was surprise she would bow down like that to anyone.

But it did make him realize more that she was by far stronger then Ricca. Grinding his teeth he watched her carefully not wanting to challenge her if unnecessary. It did reassure him that he required more training if he truly wanted to survive this. He did chuckle at her when she spoke about how foolish she was. How true she was, yet it was still amusing to hear. He bit his tongue as to not comment when she spoke about Ricca's blade. He wanted to say 'as good as throwing a pebble at a mountain.' Oh how desperately did he want to say it but if he did it would no doubt agitate one of them, and he rather not fight them both. He could sense she was telling the truth, she was not here to fight. Yet he would not let down his guard not in the least bit.

Before they left he spoke, as clear as day. "Wise choice, yet you show more how little your hearts are truly committed to this war. And little angel, take my words to heart. Your 'Anise' most likely realizes that you alone are not enough to beat them, and you all apparently, know not even reason why. Perhaps there is a reasonable angel out there after all. Maybe one of you have the gall to go as far as needed to go." Eli spoke letting his scythe rest on his shoulder turning to leave once and for all. He did halt for a few moments to make one finally comment. "And your right, my oaths lay with only myself. Why should I hold oaths to those who are likely to turn around on me and cut me down, when the job is done." Eli spoke in clear tone, it was apparent he wasn't entirely talking about just them, but people in general. As a mercenary that was something common, you had to trust only yourself. As no one else would trust you, in the world he worked people were more likely to try and kill him after he did a job to keep him quiet, or not have to pay him. So in a round about way he was protecting himself from betrayal. Even in the light betrayal wasn't uncommon especially if he did anything that might be considered darkness. Eli began his decent deeper into the forest were no doubt more dangers lay.

Ricca frowned and moved towards him, Lucia reaching over and grabbing her shoulder. "I said enough. Let him be. He is mistaken about many things, and we will win this fight with or without him. He doesn't realize that he is a pawn, a simple chess piece, on a huge board. Come. And do come down to earth more often. Your nothing but pitiful down here Ricca." Ricca turned towards Lucia and looked at the ground. "He's going to join Necro. We can't just let him go..."

"Don't judge him Ricca. He'll carve out his own path... We must go now."

Ricca nodded. "Fine then."

The two angels took off, flying up was always more difficult than coming down.

Eli had taken not that Ricca was aiming to follow him again. Yet she was stopped, perhaps it was lucky for her. Eli was already put in a foul moon, the bandages were still slowly draining blood, which bothered him. But what had put him in the worst of it was the event that just transpired. He couldn't stand those people, he was not about to be a pawn. If he was going to get involved in anything he would control his own movements. Doing as he pleased, when he pleased and how he pleased, all his life had caused a hatred of authority, and boy were those two full of it. This was one of the few times he actually wanted to kill something out of annoyance. He had contemplated joining this Necro character. Yet voted against it, as it wouldn't be any different. Hell it would no doubt be worse. Using his Scythe as a cane he moved through the forest fuming, his bad mood just flowing out of him. It would no doubt keep most demons away thinking he was one of them, at least the stupid ones. He was pleased to use his scythe to cut up anything blocking his path getting his aggression out.

It didn't take long before he heard the sounds of steel clashing with steel. It wasn't too far away, and given the grunts of the warriors, at least one was female. Onward, there was a woman, along with a couple of other fighters, taking on hellish beasts. She held a weapon, a large weapon. It looked like a rusted sword, but it seemed like cutting with it would almost not be possible. She got pushed onto the ground, her shoulders rolling in the dirt before she stood up, rubbing her lips with her forearm. The warrior beside her was crushed by a powerful fist coming from one of the hellish demons, she however managed to avoid contact. She lifted her weapon high, and swung down, a lowly wind forming from her actions. The large hand was cut off, and bleed immensely on the grass.

Eli was quick to act he wanted to see what the commotion was about. He quite in the mood for a fight. He would gladly rip something to shreds just to get his annoyance out. He quick ascended a tree to perch on high as not to be spotted easily. Not to mention if he wanted to 'get the drop on them' the best way was to literally do it. He watched with a intensive gaze, he watched the girl closer then any other. He could already tell that something was off, no fighter would use a blunt blade without a reason, and he could see she wasn't trying to use it as a blunt weapon. Watching closely he was amused as the first warrior fell. It was always interesting to see how the brain could squirt out the ears. Even so he watched the women more, the moment she swung he knew why she used the blade. The blade needed not sharpness or precision of the blade.

It created a air current that was sharpened to a point. 'Interesting, I doubted any craftsmen in this day and age still even tried to forge wind blades.' Was the only thoughts going through Eli's mind. Wind blades were difficult to create, and even more difficult to master. The large weapons that were usually quite slow required people to go through intense training to speed up the rate they could swing, to keep up with regular swordsmen. Also the size made it difficult to fight in narrow area's and that was always a draw back, yet he too knew of this. His choice of weapon caused him to face that problem daily. He knew full well he needed to add more weapons to his selection if he wanted to survive.

The third warrior fired a shot with his bow. The arrow landed square into the demon's eye. Without hesitation, the woman jumped a mighty jump, screamed, and churned down with the fat blade. The beast was cut into two, unproportionate pieces, falling to the ground.

"Ancro! Look out!" She screamed, her voice somewhat gruff for a woman, fitting to her appearance and weaponry. She reached down and tried hurling a dagger in the monster's direction, easily deflected as the ogre like demon swatted her archer companion into a wooden doom. His death was quick, and it only hurt one second.

She raced in the direction of the ogre, lifting her blade - apparently, her attacks all came from a high stance- and swung down on his arm, hacking it off. The beast however, grabbed her in his left hand, and plowed her into the floor. She cringed as her blade fell from her grasp, the ogre starting to close his hand as hard as he could. It wouldn't be long before her body was crushed, her eyes would bulge out, and her broken ribs would penetrate her heart and lungs. Something wasn't right however, something was pushing his hand open...

Eli was taking note of each attack, they were rough, she focused more on the power of the strike instead of fluent movements. Not a surprise, with her kind of weapon it was a perfect strategy. Unlike his weapon she could slash directly. She spoke in a course tone, one that was indeed fitting. It was a good thing he didn't feel much pain in his death. Surviving that blow was not something a normal person would want. Eli did speak a short prayer for the two who had died. He would indeed bury there bodies afterwords. He was interested to see how many holes he would have to dig. Once again her blade came from on high, cutting through the beast's skin like butter.

Even a novice could see that it's hand was being pushed back. Eli wasn't entirely surprised, but knew the ogre like demon wasn't pissed just yet. If a demon hated anything it was having it's strength challenged. He wasn't entirely sure she could push it back if it was pissed. It was likely to start clubbing her with it's bleeding arm. That would soak her in demon blood, not the most appealing thing to him. He hated watching human's body's distort and reform into demonic slaves like that, it was one of the most disgusting things. Unlatching his scythe, he was ready to toss it when something grabbed it.

A golden haired humanoid demon had gripped onto the handle, it looked scatter brained, crazed even. Behind him sat, a beautiful woman, hair blue as the sea. She shushed him, it was easy to tell both of them were of demonic. They clearly meant no harm yet that wouldn't stop him from keeping a close eye on them. The women watched the fight with amusement.

Instead of attacking with his bleeding arm, the ogre lifted his fist into the air and slammed it down six or seven times, his grip on her tightening again as she screamed out, in part being suffocated, the other angry that this asshole was possibly going to take her life.

The ogre smiled, his yellow, chipped teeth shining. He was going to have one delicious meal that day in his own mind. Naturally, he'd play with his food, rape her, tear her limb from limb, but she was too dangerous, and he was really hungry.

"Isn't it fun? Watching normal humans struggle? No matter how hard we tried, no matter how much we studied, or trained our bodies, we can never match a mid level demon, or even a strength imbued low level, without heavy enchantments. Don't you agree, Master Elian Netharian?" The young woman spoke, earning herself a glare that even chilled her to the bone. She had stumbled upon a sensitive spot for this man. Apparently he had a great distaste for anyone using his full name. Never the less the chills excited her, more then anything. She merely licked her lips, her little pet, Alistar would protect her if he attacked. He would give her at least enough time to escape. She was well enough aware of what he could do, and was not the fighting type. Alistar wasn't the fighting type either, yet he did have the interesting ability to regenerate himself no matter where or how many times he was cut, after a while. He could even survive being burned to ashes, a unique thing, that she had yet been able to recreate. "Oh, please don't get angry I meant no harm I swear. But I must say you are quite the interesting subject. You have no enchantments on your body or your weapon. The only magical item you have on you is that cloth. Yet you can beat even mid levels." The woman spoke in a alluring tone, much like a succubus.

Despite the danger she moved from her branch to his. Crawling to him as not to fall from the tree. Getting in close, face to face, with a smile upon her face. "What exactly are you?" She asked smiling sweetly, she didn't care if he answered that. Which was surprising all the while. "That doesn't matter, I just know your not normal, and thats good enough for me. For now at least." She giggled softly, moving in, her lips connecting with his. Her kiss deep, and seemingly meaningful. She pulled back, before she spoke again. "Thrill me, excite me, make shivers run down my spine. Show me all that you can do. â?¥ All see you again, lover boy. â?¥" The woman spoke before tapping Alistar who released Eli's weapon snatching up the woman. The two shot off into the branches over head before Eli could strike.

Eli, had remained silent through it all, a strange demon if any. He could sense some what remnants of humanity in them. Which made him all that more weary. The demon who held onto his blade, the shattered mind of a human, and the woman the intelligent mind and majority of her body remained human. He could tell that from when she had kissed him. He was sure they would be watching him from now on. This made him quite uneasy, she seemed to of had a morbid interest in him much unlike the angels or any demon. She seemed like she wanted to learn about him, not sway him or kill him. At least not yet anyways. A demon with it's own agenda for sure, and one that he didn't want to be in contact with. Turning his attention back to the scene below him. He finally unhitched his scythe, Using it as a projectile he threw it downwards, letting the sharp point pierce the ogres skull. The beast remained frozen standing it's grasp going limp. This was one of the few times he respected demons, the beast died on it's feet.

Using the Cloth he pulled his scythe back into the tree. He disliked angels and demons, but that didn't prevent him form helping humans. Either way it would be a shame to let such talent go to waste. There were too few who still dared even pick up one of those, much less wield it in battle. Eli remained in the tree when he spoke, quite unwilling to descend down. "I would get up and move quickly the blood from your previous kills is spreading, and it's near your head." Eli commented using his position to look the distance he could see for any more.

Somira was then able to push yourslef out of the demon's hold. She pushed out with her bare hands, and immediately hopped back grabbing her thick blade. "I don't know who or where you are... but thank you." She said, panting a bit and turning towards the ogre, "You ugly son of a bitch..." She lifted the blade after shaking the blood off it, and placed it on her back. "So? Aren't you going to show me who you are? Or are you that type of vigilante that prefers to hide in trees like squirrels?"

~~

"Anise! You're injured!" Yelled Ricca, rushing up to her Goddess and noticing that she had a deep wound on her arm.

"It's alright Ricca. I was able to force him to retreat. I hate to have to raise a weapon, especially because I am so lousy with a blade."

"Nonsense! You are the strongest angel in this division of heaven! Please Anise, promise you'll be okay..."

"I will be fine Ricca. Necro is truly growing in power. We must put this to an end, before his forces overrun us. How did you recruiting go, Lucia, Ricca?"

Lucia smiled, "The woman I wanted was more than willing to help. I decided to leave and head for Ricca when I started to ascend. She was having trouble with her recruit."

Ricca sighed, "He turned out to be a complete idiot. He also practices dark arts, and has a very strange weapon."

Anise sighed, "Think he will fight for Necro?"

Ricca said yes while Lucia said no simultaneously. Then they looked at each other, more like a stare.

Eli looked down, "Squirrel? Such a charming woman you are, about as charming as a angel." Eli commented aloud, for him that wasn't a compliment, yet most would take it as such. Eli saw nothing, it was relatively safe for the moment, but it was sure if he remained to long demons would no doubt come to see where there comrades were. If they could even call each other such. Eli jumped from the tree landing a few feet away. These ogres were useless, they possessed little demonic energy. There strength was natural, not caused by excess energy. It was a shame he could of fed the cloth at least a bit more. At least that way it would stop sucking on his arm it was annoying. "Interesting seeing someone actually using a wind blade in this day and age. How old is it?" Eli asked his scythe still in his hand. He was using it as a walking stick at this point not that it mattered. He had no intention of fighting her, his mind had already shifted to other thoughts. Not to mention stabbing a ogre in the head was quite pleasurable.

"You should give a direct answer, if you both cannot give Lady Anise a straight answer you should not speak, and waist her time." Spoke someone from a short distance away. It was Xaldin, 'The Loyalist.' His comment came with a sigh. He disliked people wasting her Holiness's time. Yet it couldn't be helped they were both her messengers, and took things differently. He had not been watching any of there missions he was on the field of combat fighting demons. His entire chest was wrapped with bandages, it was clear he had a deep wound there, due to blood stains. It wasn't right for him to be up but he was anyways. No one dared try to keep him down. This was the time of war, there was no time for bed rest, if he could stand he could fight. He would not let anything get in his way of protecting this land, and carrying out his orders.

"You know about my sword do you?" She said, not really interested in telling him the age of her blade. Men really needed to step up their game if they wanted to approach women. "It's perhaps two. I think that's about right. Two-hundred years old. Still in good shape... used by a line of six warriors before me. They knew how to use this bad boy. I'm still a novice." The woman blatantly lied to him, that wind blade was being used to it's perfection. The dagger she tossed towards the ogre was also of the same craft. Wind daggers weren't seen much, but made famous by rouges and assassins perhaps fifty years ago. "You look like death from this angle. Not too many scythe weilders around here... you know...?" She rubbed her forehead with her arm. "I have two friends to honor. If you'll excuse me." She said, her eyes narrowing as she viewed his cloth. She rather not ask.

Anise didn't turn, but she knew her loyal fighter stood behind her. "Xaldin, you must try to manage your interpersonal skills. These two are friends of ours, your sisters." She said, in a lifting tune. Ricca immediately tried to hide Anise's injury, Xaldin wouldn't be happy if he saw it.

Lucia's eyes watched him carefully, she wasn't one to trust him, plus she was Anise's second, a spot she was sure Xaldin wanted for himself, or at least that's what she thought.

"I know of the sword yes, I am one who collects.... Rather old things." Eli spoke in a round about way speaking of the cloth. He could tell that she wasn't interested in telling him, but it went the same for her, he wasn't all that interested in her. He cared more about the blade then her, he thought about it. He quickly tried to think of the smiths in that timeline who would craft such a thing. "The Sky smith Eneru? No he held the name but never crafted things with wind.... The great smith Toyo...?" Eli muttered to himself quickly giving up. He wasn't good with that far back if it didn't involve something cursed. He was well acquainted with the daggers, how he hated them. Having those things thrown despite the size the look of them was difficult to judge, depending on how much wind was put in when it was made. He had encountered three or four people he had encountered using them. "Well I thank you for that, I am rather fond of death, I seem to be knocking on his door and tempting him a lot these day. As for wielders there's not a lot around because most of them die before they can be recognized as a wielder of the weapon. These aren't common weapons because there difficult to use, unless you understand it." Eli commented, he was amused by the woman.

Her compliment did help him care a bit more. Eli sat down at the edge of the tree he was just in letting his scythe rest next to him. "Well I suppose having a priest here to give them a even more proper burial would be beneficial. I intended to lay the three of you to rest together if you had been killed quickly." Eli spoke softly eying her, he was speaking the truth at that. But the beast had taken it's time and not killed her as quickly as the other two had died.

"Even if they are my lady, if they waist the time for you to rest then there is no point speaking. Your wound needs all the time it can to heal." Xaldin spoke after Ricca tried to hide her injury. He was well aware of it before. He blamed himself for not assisting her. But his orders were to stay out of that fight. Xaldin knew Lucia watched him, he cared not for her position. He didn't care about rank or status. He merely did as he was told and nothing more. If he was put into that position then he would accept it.

Somira looked at him and raised her hand slightly, "If you don't mind, I rather keep the tainted away from my comrades' bodies. I don't care if you're a preiest or an assassin, I'll let heaven figure things out for these boys. They clearly weren't ready to tangle." She said, looking some feet away, her eyes narrowing as she saw her companion's body smashed onto a tree, it was still in one piece, the spine, skull, and ribs weren't, but the corpse as a whole was. The other was missing his head, and a portion of his shoulder. "Why did you intervene Mister Death?" She asked, piling the bodies of her friends together. "You could have let that ogre crush me. You'd have yourself a perfectly good wind blade, no?" She lifted two stones, about the size of her fist in each hand, and smashed them together, the abrasion acutally caused a flicker of fire onto a fallen branch. That was no magic, but an easy and perhaps subliminal showing of her strength. "If you like their weapons, take them now. Nothing but a steel sword and ivory bow. I'm burning the bodies." She mentioned, tossing the burning wood onto them, blowing their corpse to anger the flame. "You might want to leave. The smell of well cooked man is an easy attraction for those whom eat our meat. I could pick up some kills and not waste their bodies in vain." She said, tugging her blade. "I've seen an angel you know. I'm not worried about where they're going. Actually a little jealous." She took several steps and picked up the dagger the ogre swatted away.

Ricca sighed when she heard Xaldin speaking, he got so carried away with his duties it sometimes made her feel physically ill. "You must have done a good enough job if Necro started retreating. Today should be considered a victory for us either way. I can heal this small wound."

Anise sighed. "Xaldin, I'm very glad at your progress and the numbers you've thined in Necro's army. Please find my quickest messenger. Have him call up the other angels. We need to rest and mourn our fallen."

Eli said not a word to answer her, in truth he was pretty much both. A irony of sorts, a man of god, and the blade of the devil as some might say. Eli trusted not the heaven she thought they would go to. There would be no rest for the weary there, the angels were at war just like they were. Where would they go to rest if even the place they were promised everlasting peace was at war. There was no escape when it came to Chaos or so it seemed. When she asked him why he intervened. She was quite right he would of striped her weapons off of her, yet that would be for a entirely different reason. He was too proud to allow a rare work of a smith fall to shame and be cursed in a demons hands. "Does death need a reason to spare someones life? Take it how you may, but how I see it is, it was not your time to die. Treasure the life you still have, for there is much that can be done with it. Only you can choose the path you walk, be it the path of a Demon, a angel, a human or something more." Eli spoke, there was a sense of compassion in his words, much unlike he had when he spoke to Ricca.

It was strange for him to show this much will to speak like that at all. When she spoke of there weapons snorting as he stood up. He gathered the bow and sword. Stabbing the sword into the ground and laying the bow against it. "A warrior is burred with his blade if it is not passed down. No one has the right to take them, this is where there masters fell, and this is where they both shall be laid to rest as well." Eli spoke before beginning to speak so low that she could not hear at the distance. But it could be told the spell was neither light not dark. Both blade and slowly turned to stone, a sentiment to the fallen. This spell seemed to weigh heavy on Eli as if it held some sort of remembrance. It took a bit out of him, but not enough to cause worry. Eli on his own began to move away avoiding demon blood on the ground.

"Be not jealous they will have no rest where they are going. A warriors rest is when the day where there is no more enemy's, and when that day comes we are nothing more then murders of days past. As for your weapons I would take them yes, use them no. I am no wind master, I may be the priest of blade, but I am not fit for a blade of that kind. None the less if it is not cursed I have chosen not to wield it." Eli spoke what he saw as the truth. In many view points he was right, no matter the reason, they would always be killers. No matter be it for the king, country, or there own race. They have spilled blood and forever would be a murder.

"My lady, it was not I who could of drove him away. All those under your command fought bravely to the death. I regret only that I was barely able to last till shortly before they retreated." Xaldin spoke bowing slightly to Anise, he knew how people felt about the way he did things, yet that would not stop him. He was not so optimistic as Anise, she was wounded, this was a blow to them. If Anise could not combat him at his full then who could? He was aware of the man who was specifically requested to be requested to join. He refused to out right join them, but he was sure that lady Anise was sure of something. When she requested the messenger he could only think of one man. He could think of one man, it wasn't that he disliked him, he just found him annoying. "My lady, you do not mean Allen do you?" Xaldin said in a groaning voice, he hoped for someone else, yet he doubted it greatly.

Anise's eyes were usually shut. One could tell when she was looking at them, especially if she wasn't exactly happy. The angel was a tactical genius, and despite her appearance, voice, and morals, she was a top of the line kind of fighter, capable of clipping the wings of the highest ranking demon. Necro just seemed to be exactly that type, just less clippable.

"Would you please?" She said quietly, her closed eyes following him through his bow. "If my mind still serves me right, he is our fastest. I need my angels pulled out of the earth. Please, have him go. I trust he can evade and dodge everything in his path, but we need our kin here with us. This isn't going to be like anything we've experienced, my angels." She was also speaking to Lucia and Ricca. "We protect the earth, we protect humans. But this is one such case, where a human... a human can protect you. Ricca, you've fallen asleep in your training far too often. Xaldin and Lucia don't experience such a drop in their skills when they descend. Please, try to visit the earth more often after this war comes to an end." She said, confident in her angels and leaning more towards the afterwards of their victory. "If for nothing else, know that some human men rival our own kind in handsomeness."

Lucia and Ricca were both pretty surprised with her response. It helped them relax. Although Necro had pulled back, more angels fell than demons. And the demons that did fall, few were worth mourning over. The majority were beasts, or ogres or other brutes.

"Xaldin, please, fetch Allen. Send him as soon as you can." She ordered, trusting her righteous angel with the simple task.

"Lucia, your human is doing well, has she absolutely vowed?" The angelic princess brought her hand over her wound, waving away Ricca as she offered her magic to heal her. She likely wanted Ricca to store her energy. The young angel wasn't experienced in earth, and she owed her human, perhaps stubborn as he was, gratitude for keeping her alive.

Lucia nodded, "Yes. She is very special Anise. With her on our side, we'll surely stand better chances."

Anise smiled a bit. "Good. Humans... did you know that the creator modeled us alike... the humans and ourselves... how complex, no? There are two soft bags, one of each side of your chest, and when you breathe, they fill." She ran her hand over her healed wound, just a slight scar remained. "Most complex indeed."

~~

When Eli reached for their weapons, Somira nearly turned and attacked him. She was unbelievably relieved when he did what he did, the woman never seeing such a petrification spell like that before. She looked into the flames, glancing back at the priest. "Not my time to die... why didn't you save them too. Your weapon had the reach... they were younger than I..." She said, looking back at the flames slowly, a relfection of the orange, white and crimson flames shining from her own coffee colored eyes. "I'm not sure if I've mentioned it already... but thank you. I was only able to send them to the afterlife properly because of your intervention." She closed her eyes, expecting him to be gone or something of the like when she opened them, thats what people came to expect from mysterious tainted heroes. "Perhaps they won't be resting right now... but after we kill that monster... that demon... perhaps they'll be able to take a breather." She didn't want to look up, in case the male was gone, however, she simply had to ask him. "You're on Anise's side aren't you..." She turned slowly, and faced him.

Xaldin could feel her sharp gaze upon him, though her eyes closed. It was like piercing blades inches away from him. They all knew her strength and respected that, which was one of the many reasons many followed. There were still many who didn't and went rouge down upon the human world, and there was little they could actually do against those. As long as they did not go against the laws of there people, there was nothing to do against it. Xaldin flinched slightly when she spoke, though she spoke quietly it was still loud and clear to him. Even so he listend to her intently. She was right, so far this wasn't like anything he had experienced. Within there domain he would of never of been wounded. Yet there was no helping it they had to protect the frail humans else they would destroy themselves.

Or rather the humans would survive but as a crop for the demons. They would become nothing better then pigs to the slaughter. They would no doubt keep the women for pleasure slaves, save some males for breeding there population. The rest would become food stock. A depressing thought or at least Xaldin thought it so. Xaldin himself was taken a bit off guard by her comments. He like so many angels believed not a human could save them but they were there saviors. To him it was the strangest thought but perhaps it was best for him to not understand it. He was not a messenger but a Warrior, he wouldn't be leaving the front lines less something impotent came up. Her words about human men caught him off guard even more.

He thought he sensed a hint of tenderness in her tone, as if she once cared for a human or something. Xaldin was left to ponder this, when she told him to fetch Allen for a second time. He had remained not wanting to be rude and leave while she spoke. "As you wish my lady..." Xaldin finally spoke, he would leave quickly, this was no longer a place for him. As they continued to talk he went off to send off Allen, then take care of ensuring those who were here, were ready for the next fight.

~~~~~

Eli listened to her watching her carefully, he had sensed her intent to kill flare when he touched there weapons. He may be a mercenary but that didn't mean he didn't respect the dead. Taking a living mans weapon and a dead ones, was something different to him. "You were being watched before my arrival, I dealt with my own, rather 'friendly' demons. Even if I wanted to save them I could not, without the risk of losing my own life, and if I had died earlier then so would have you. To attack from a hidden place would cause confusion in both sides. The confusion would of been more deadly then helpful for you, being the beasts would of gone into rage all that more quickly out of fear." Eli explained why he did not aid her sooner. He spoke not a word to her thanks. It was something unneeded he saved her upon a whim, not some desire to protect and serve or perhaps the two were one in the same. He did not want to say any more beyond what he had already said of the afterlife. It was her right to believe what she wished, and not for him to bother with it. He watched her carefully gripping his weapon, unsure of her reaction. "I side with no one, I believe not in the angels nore the demons. In truth I don't even know if I can believe in humans any longer either. In how I see it, the fate of humans is perhaps going to end the same, just under different mask." Eli spoke with a reason behind it, this mistrust in at least this instance had a sense of reason.

He had indeed moved away, a good enough distance he would be hard to see by most coming at them, but still visible. If he chose he could escape without a problem and leave he to fall alone.

Somira's eyes narrowed, "Where are you headed? As much as I hate to admit it, I don't think it's a great idea for me to be travelling on my own. Now that I've lost my companions, a second pair of eyes watching my back." Her eyes strafed away into the flames. "We should probably get out of here, this roasting is going to attract some demons. Unless you are okay with a little head-hunting that is." She said, obviously a little tired from her last encounter, but cutting down a few more would make her feel better about the deaths of her companions. If not, I would recommend we move, my angel told me that this place is infested with them, and it's not likely that she'll return until another day or so." She noticed the talk of angels bothering him, but he was a priest wasn't he? Was his life psuedo? Was he hiding something? Of course he was, not that she needed nor wanted to know much about it. "Do you have a name? Or should I just call you priest, or man, or person?"

Eli didn't hesitate for even a moment to her question of where he was heading. "No where specific, im on neither side, of this so neither place is exactly safe for me. so I intend to roam around doing what I can to thin out those who present themselves as enemy's. Which fundamentally are the demons at this point. As I doubt that the angels have given up on trying to recruit me." Eli spoke it was rather true. He wasn't a friend or foe of her, but he didn't seem like the type to just suddenly become hostile for no apparent reason. He truly didn't care if she followed him, it would make him all that much easier for the angels to find, but he doubted finding him if they really wanted it would be entirely hard. He wasn't in some sort of barrier that hid his presence, or made him invisible to magic. It wasn't like he wasn't capable enough to use such magic, but he had never really dabbled in Arcane magics much, though he had a general knowledge of the magic, he found it too unstable for his taste. It was by far too easy to make a mistake in the wording and have the spell reverse or blow up in your face. He was one who took the risks of the dark arts, but he knew the end effects of those, and always thought they were less then Arcane. If he screwed up he would become demonic, and corrupt but he would live on. Yet even so he knew that knowledge of it would be a powerful asset. "Follow me if you wish I have no qualms with it. As for head hunting, that is what I intend to do, but it is best if we move out. Being surrounded by a pack of angry demons is not my idea of a 'good time.' I have already had that once today...." Eli groaned, today had already been such a long day.

It felt like it was dusk, yet with the sky the way it was, time was rather difficult to figure out. He was unsure of her thoughts of him but he didn't quite care what they were. She was entitled to think what she wanted about him. "I am rather fond of being called death, but I suppose death, shinigami, or the such is rather unappropriated isn't it? Being called a priest is a title everyone else decided to give to me due to my selection of clothing, and habit of giving humans I kill a funeral of sorts if they deserved it. So I suppose Eli is the most fitting thing to call me." Eli told her not liking that he was still here, he had already taken precautions to inch away from the scene. He made his move walking at a steady pace his eyes at work looking everywhere, trying to find any hints of a trap.

"Fond of being called death?" Somira answered, watching him obviously having wanting to move. She watched him begin walking and turned towards the flames. "I told you guys not to come..." She mumbled, turning towards Eli and begining to walk with him. He was a bit enigmatic, and she could say that she wouldn't trust him with a patch of grass. "I'm in league with Anise and her angels. I don't care which side your own so long as you don't get in my way too much. I'm tired, hungry and aching. Otherwise, you wouldn't have to deal with me." She was trying to almost justify why she was there. It was a time of crisis, nothing was certain and even angels were dangerous to people, we at least some believed that. "Do you have somewhere to sleep? Or do you intend to run all night?"

Eli had made no comment to her first comment, no need to. He was quite tempted to say something on her mumble, because he thought he had heard what she spoke. Yet being unsure, he thought it unwise. He knew he wasn't exactly the time one would trust entirely even if he was on there side. "Im glad you see it that way, I have no intention of getting in your way as long as your not in mine." Eli spoke without turning around. He felt as though she was just trying to put herself at ease. He saw no reason why she should try, she made her choice and she would live with it. No point in trying to justify it to other people. But then again that was just his view of it. As for her last question he really didn't have a answer.

Looking at his arm still bandaged he was quite unsure if he was fit to run all night. His arm was cut up pretty good, and he wouldn't mind time to heal and recover it. Not being in top shape in this day and age could get him killed. The problem was, he didn't know anywhere exactly safe. "I know not of a safe place to rest, seeing as I doubt there is any. If we can find somewhere relatively safe, we rest, if not we run." Eli spoke, it seemed like a solid plan for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom