Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yuna/Kalliana: Prosper

Kalliana

Planetoid
War. Terrible, terrible war has struck throughout the universe. The Angelic/Demonic war has finally touched Earth in the form of a young Demi-Angel and her Guardian. Cast aside by both sides, Yuna survives in a world that largely considers her kind stuff of myth.
Her Guardian, the shape shifter Kalliana, secures them a home and jobs in a large city. They work together to reach Yuna's goal: A place for outcasts to prosper.
It is currently morning, and the pair are just waking up

Yuna shoots straight up in the bed, sweat pouring from her face.
"ugh. another nightmare." she mumbles as she swings her legs over the side on the bed and sweeps the hair from her forehead in a swift motion of irritation and sadness. the night sky slowly begins to glow as the sun rises in a slothly manner.
"its dawn"

A cat shaped Kalliana stretches out and jumps in to Yuna's lap and rubs against her hand in a comforting manner.
Kalliana knows that they need to leave soon, but first things first: Comfort Yuna.

A faint smile appears across yuna's face.
"morning kalliana." yuna sets here shapeshifter friend on the bed gently and begins to stand to get ready for work.
yuna works at a local bookstore where they accept used book in exchange for credit to buy more books or to sell for cash.
yuna collapses.

Kalliana shifts into a man with good musculature. He kneels next to Yuna and runs a glowing hand over her, helping her regain conciousness.
"Yuna, we need to get you something to 'feed on' soon. My energy is not limitless... Healing you every time the hunger hits you is draining on me, but also not a permanent solution for your problem."
He turns to the chest by the bed and pulls out a bottle and puts it to her lips,"Drink."

yuna obeys and consumes all the contents of the bottle. she then smiles faintly
"i agree kalliana. the night are getting harder to deal with especially with the reoccurring nightmares."

Kalliana nods and hand Yuna a dress out of the chest, then gets his jeans and work shirt.
"I'm unloading trucks for the grocer's today, so I will only be a block away. You need anything in particular? I hear the manager has called in sick, so I was gonna spend sometime as him to get us some supplies..." he says as he puts on his clothes.

yuna puts on her uniform vest over her dress and begins helping kalliana button up his workshirt.
"just the basics as usual. you can never be too prepared. some fruit would be nice though." yuna smiles brightly and focuses on the tiny buttons on kallianas shirt.

Kalliana bows politely and walks to the door. "Then fruit you shall have, milady. And maybe some candy as well... Choclate, correct?"

*blushes*
you know me too well Kal.
*smiles brightly and follows Kal to the door*
You know if its too much trouble you dont have to worry about it.
Its not a necessity after all.
*yuna rests her hand on Kal's arm*

*smiles and pats her hand while walking her out the door toward her job*
I believe it will be a simple endeavor. I literally can't get caught, and you need a treat.
Tonight though, we must hunt. I heard some gossip about a "haunted" apartment. We may find something there.

blushes immensely*
heh well thank you Kal. i do not deserve all the kindness you have bestowed upon since our meet. i am very greatful to you."
*grabs ahold of Kal's hand as they walk down the street.*

Yuna fears of crowds and busy areas was still very active. when she first moved to the city with Kal it took her alot of time to get used to the area. as yuna thought about she realized that she wouldnt have been able to have made it through if it hadnt been for Kal.

Kal was....well...he was really all she had. and for no reason would she ever take that for granted.

a new fear raised in her. Would Kal ever leave her? What would she do without Kal? No! NO! she must not ever think of anything like that.

yuna tried to focus her attention on the sidewalk in front of them.

Kal walks Yuna safely inside the bookstore," You are very special, Yuna. And you deserve every kindness. I'm just sad I can't do more."
He looks off into space, a frown crossing his features. Yuna shouldn't have needed him, but he damn well wasn't going to leave her.
She should have been allowed to stay with her family, to live happily amongst others like her.
But there were no others like her, and her family was dead. And all she has now is a servant who escaped the slaughter.
All she had was him.
And she was all he cared about.

yuna smiles at Kal.
"thank you for walking me to work. i appreciate it. i will be getting off earlier today than usual. they are throwing one of our co-workers a birthday party. id rather not stay and they wont let me work through those 2 hours." yuna stares at her feet.

"when i get off work would you like me to head over and meet you at your job? i wouldnt want to be in the way or a bothersome but....i just didnt want to go home alone."

yuna hated being alone. especially after all she had been through.... those few long days after her parents death before kal found her....

"its totally up to you...." Yuna stared up at Kal for an answer with a look of desperation not intended to be shown.

Kal smiles,"If you want I can take my break then and come pick you up. You know I hate to think of you wandering the streets alone..."
He hugs her tightly before looking in her eyes,"You stay safe, alright? and you have the extra potion in your bag, correct?" He kisses the top of her head and moves away blushing lightly.
"I have to hurry or I'll be late. You'll be okay?"

that would be splendid kal.
yes i do. yuna pats her bag gently. safe and sound.
she waves good bye and heads to the back. her thoughts wonder as she reaches her locker to put her things away and to get ready for her shift.
she blushes lightly at the thought of kal kissing her forehead but pushes it aside long enough to get to the time clock and clock in to receive her duties for the day.

i have to keep my head on straight....."

Kal sprints to the grocer's and arrives before any one else. "good, that makes this easier." He quickly hides to transform into the manager, the wieght redistribution working well with his slightly loose work clothes. He goes inside and begins going through the "unsellable" items. An open thing of paper plates, some day old vegatables, a pack of toilet paper missing a roll, a cut box of tampons, a cracked bar of soap, unsealed shampoo, one day expired crackers, cereal, pasta,and bread, a few loose cans of soda, some bruised fruit, and the treasured choclate(melted in it's package) all disappear into a bottomless bag that gets tucked in his pocket. He walks back out to hide again, changing back to the muscular male. He put's his hat on and walks with an arriving group of workers to unload the trucks.

yuna begins putting books away in the romance section. She had already finished the childrens section and the horror. her job is simple so she doesnt really complain too much. As she bends to pick up a stack of romance novels she catches a cover of one of them out of the corner of her eye. there is a man embracing a woman warmly and kissing her forehead. her mind flashes to Kal.

"Kal....."

yuna tries to push it out of her head.

"why...am i thinking of him..."
she quickly puts all the books away and takes the cart to the back of the store to reload and continue her tedious tasks.

yuna looks up at the clock.
"oh wow. time is passing quickly today...."
yuna didnt realize she had put away almost all the book in the back that were needed. she only had to finish this one load and then she would be off work.

Kal wipes the sweat off his brow, making sure none got into his blue eys. His shoulder length black hair falls down as he takes his cap off.
" After this load, I'll go get Yuna. I hope she's okay..." He remembers when he found her, lost, alone and terrified...
He shakes his head and begins to unload the truck.
He puts the last box in the area marked for it and walks to the Loading Director,"Hey Boss, I'm gonna take my break now, okay?"
The woman raises an eyebrow and nods,"Kal, you never take breaks, even when some of the others take several. If you're asking for one I will assume it is important..."

Kal nods and thanks her before turning to go to the bookstore.
Once he gets there he can see Yuna through the window diligently working. He smiles and walks in
"Yuna, I thought you were off early? Did you forget?" He sees a surly looking man walk towards them.

The man huffs,"She is supposed to have stopped ten minutes ago. I've been standing there waiting for her to finally finish. If you're her to take her, please do."
Kal glares at the man briefly, then smiles at Yuna,"You work to hard, dear. Ready to go?" He offers his arm.

yuna turns towards the man.
"i am so sorry...i didnt mean to make you wait."
yuna goes and clocks out, grabbing her bag from the locker and heads towards the front to Kal.
"im sorry Kal....i didnt mean to make you wait... please foregive me." she takes Kal arm hesitantly.
"how was your day? you didnt get into any trouble for coming to get me did you?"
yunas facial expression show concern and a slight touch of fear. for being a demi-angel she was very compassionate, always only thinking of others and trying not to burden people with her own problems. after all she was an outcast and she didnt want to harm the people around her.

Kal smiles and shakes his head," It's okay, I would wait forever for you. My day went fine, and Ms. Landon thinks Highly enough of me, I could go a week off of work and she'd give me a condolence card and a twenty."
He laughs at the thought, and wraps an arm around her waist as they walk toward the back of the grocer's. He leads her up to Ms. Landon," hey boss, can she stick around? I just don't want her to get lost or some thing..."

Ms. Landon looks at them quizzically, then smirks,"How about you take the rest of the day off. Here's some money, get the lady something nice, okay? See ya."

Kal takes the money and nods, chuckling and thanks her. Once they are a safe distance away he counts the money.

"Yuna she gave us 70$. We'll save fifty of it and get some food. Hamburgers sound okay?"

yuna is in shock. she never thought his manager would be so nice.
she smiles at kal
"yes that sounds nice."
yuna stares at her feet as she follows kal.

Kal smiles and they walk to the fastfood place on their way home. He orders two Number ones, large sized, and some ice cream.
They walk the rest of the way home. He passes a hand over the door,"Good, no ones been here."
He unlocks the door and leads Yuna inside.
"Do you feel alright? I mean, after dinner we ought to prepare for the hunt..."
He hands a bag of food to her as he heads to put the supplies away.

yuna opens the bag of food and begins eating. in between bites she replies "yes i am quit all right.
i think the hunt will do us some good. this is a really good burger. mmm....thank you Kal.
anyways, when would you like to leave. i need to take a shower after i eat and put on my hunting gear."
yuna continues to devour her food. "kal you should sit an eata yous foooo."

Kal smiles and set the bottomless bag on the counter, and pulls out her choclate, waving it in the air. "If you want this, I have to finish unpacking. We leave after midnight. It's only ten til four. You have time to do whatever you want. But first, dinner." He puts the last item away, and goes to flop down on the couch with his food, handing Yuna her choclate.
"I's not like I need to eat as often as you do anyway..."

Back
Top Bottom