Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Overneath the Path of Misinterpretation (Alvis Alendran&Malicious Lullaby)

Harrison shook his head.
"No we're done for now. I just need you to sign this document allowing me to make copies of all of your records. Police, employment discipline, things like that. I need to get a copy of them authenticated, and into reliable hands. Sleeman is a snake, and I don't trust him not to trump something up on you when his search comes up dry. But by doing this you'll be safe from anything he comes up with." Harrison explained. It was one of the things that always annoyed him about having to deal with Sleeman. The man just wouldn't let things go sometimes, and was willing to bend, or even break a law or two to get things done. It was only his general incompetence that kept him from actually being dangerous.

"Don't worry too much, I've dealt with him before, and he's yet to come close to being someone that gives me pause. At this rate you'll be back to work by Monday. If you had any papers to grade, I suggest you take care of it so you're not behind when you go back." Harrison told her with a smile. He hesitated before he spoke again. "Not as your lawyer, but as a person? Miss martin, a twenty-three year old has every right to be teaching people five years younger than herself. More right than most actually. For you what they're doing isn't a distant memory, it's still fresh for you. It's likely part of why you're so able to connect with them. Don't ever sell yourself short. The rest of the world will be happy to do that for you. No point in making it easy for them." He smiled at the last.

Esther nodded her head and she reached forward to take the document from him and grabbed a pen. She read it over though to make sure what exactly she was signing. Something she was taught. Even with receipts that needed her signature. She always read them over to make sure it was all okay and that she was okay with it herself. Satisfied though, she signed it and dated it before passing it back to him and stood slowly. She crossed her arms over her chest and looked to Mallory as she stood as well. “Thank you Mr. Trenton. I do that.” Although she’d do that tomorrow. She wanted to drink tonight. She could use it.

However, his next choice of words stunned her and it actually deeply touched her. Not that what Mallory said didn’t affect her either but the way Harrison put it opened her eyes a little bit. She smiled, a real smile, a full smile and nodded her head. “That…actually means a lot.” Her voice was soft and kind, showing just how much it meant for him to say something like that. Sure, it was one thing for Mallory to say it. She and her got along great the moment they were paired as roommates together freshman year of college. They had been roommates since, moving into their own apartment sophomore year. Now they were living together. They knew each other well. Mallory was like the sister Esther never had. And then enter Harrison Trenton, a man who didn’t even know her one bit and said something like that?

Yeah, that was some real mighty praise. “I-I really appreciate you saying that. Thank you.” She looked to Mallory who smiled softly, nodding her head. Because she too agreed with her boss and not because he was her boss.

Esther moved to the door and then Mallory turned to him. “Sir, I don’t know if this would be construed as unprofessional or not. But considering I’m not on the clock, I wanted to know if you’d like to join Esther and I for a drink or two? We’re going to the bar not too far from the firm, the one with the really good kinds of drinks and well I’m sure Esther would love to buy you a drink.”

At this point, Esther’s jaw was on the ground. She would? “Mal?”
Mallory turned to her and smiled a conspiratorial smile. “Wouldn’t you? To say thank you?”
Blinking her eyes, Esther shut her mouth and then nodded her head. “O-Of course.”

Harrison ran the idea around in his head. Well, on the one hand, it was considered unprofessional by quite a few standards, his own included. But then he had just essentally closed the case on Donnie Reeves. And he did have a tradition of raising a glass with his client upon doing that. Besides, what could it hurt? A drink was only a drink. And it might do him some good to mix with some that didn't consider themselves a part of high society. He sighed.
"I rally should get this form into processing. And then get all of the records pulled and stored properly. But I suppose that's why we have interns." He amended finally. "Very well Miss Joyner. Miss Martin. Lead on to this watering hole of yours." He rolled his shoulders to keep them loose, and nodded, more to himself at that point than anyone else. He hadn't really gone drinking with anyone besides Lloyd in a long time.

And besides, once the files were done, what was he going to do on a Saturday night? Go back to an empty Penthouse, adn brink a glass of scotch alone, whiling away his time with innane television programs until he became tired enough to sleep. Or reach into his black book, extract a name, and spend the night in a meaningless one night stand. Yes, his life was positively riveting. Anything that happened tonight was bound to at least break the monotony of his routine for a time. By all means bring on the drinks.

Mallory smiled brightly and Esther just nodded along. She was going to wring Mallory’s neck later tonight, provided she wasn’t too hammered to do so. Both ladies steered out of the board room and Esther grabbed Mallory’s arm. “I hope you have fun finding it.” She hissed and Mallory frowned. “You promised!”
“That was before you said I’d buy your boss a drink.” She whispered, mortified.
“He’s just a guy. You act like such a virgin.” She whispered.
“He’s. Your. Boss. And a partner at a major prestigious law firm. He’s like a celebrity.”
Mallory rolled her eyes. “Come on, get over it.”
“I am over it.”
“No you’re not.”
Esther just huffed a breath as she walked with her, leaving the firm and waiting outside for Harrison. He had to make sure the paperwork went through. So both ladies waited outside.

“Is this about Chad?”
Esther’s eyes went wide and she swallowed hard. “No!”
“Okay.” She brought her hands up in a placating gesture. “Let’s go get drunk.”
Esther nodded her approval to that and when Mr. Trenton joined them once more, they all went to the bar that was just down the street, not even a drive from the firm. A walking distance. As if they just knew that a firm like that would need an affordable and ready bar close by for drinks and nights to just blow off steam after the long day.

Walking into the bar, Esther turned and Mallory was already steering towards a high top table. “First round of drinks on me. What are we all having?” She asked.
Mallory smiled. “Rum and coke.”
Nodding, Esther turned to Harrison. “And for you?” She asked kindly.

What drink in deed? his mind instantly flooded back to the old preferences that he had in bars. Rye and coke. Rum and ginger. Scotch, aged and strong. Bourbon, older than you. And there was always the old classic...
"I'll start off with a pint of lager, something Canadian if they have it." He ordered calmly. It was also, importantly to his own mindset, affordable to a starting teacher. having her bring him a scotch as old as her students would likely bankrupt her of disposable income for a while. And that was not something that he'd commit himself to. Besides, he had every intent of getting the next round. And likely the three after that. After all, Esther had expressed a desire to simply be drunk. And runk was something he could get a person very quickly. He turned to Mallory since Esther was off getting the drinks.

"How long have you known Esther then?" He asked. It was almost hard for him to remember how to hold normal conversations when he wasn't negotiating with someone, or trying to get tehm to sdo something. It had been a long time since he'd just...talked. It was like old music, half remembered, but still tantalizing all the same. Not sure if you knew enough to dance to it, but enough to fake singing along. He leaned back in his seat, shifting slightly. Not the kind of seating he was used to either. He quirked a slight smile. He'd become pampered indeed to actually notice something like that. He needed to look at this outing as something that he might have done back in his college days. Back in the days of cigars, pool games, and beer. Whiskey when he had a good round of hustling the tables. It would be...nice to get back to. With that thought firmly in mind, he made sure to be paying attention with Mallory spoke.

Esther nodded and she turned and scampered off to the bar and got a rum and coke, whatever Canadian beer they happened to have on tap and then a tall and full glass of chardonnay. Provided of course, when she actually got serviced. This was Esther and the fact she was to go to a bar on her own, the actual part of the bar where they serve drinks, it would be interesting to watch. It could take her a whole lot of time to actually get up there and order. She didn’t like to wedge herself in between people if there was a small crack. That was rude. She didn’t like to flag down a bartender because the bartender was a person too, not someone to just be beckoned. Mallory used to tease her about it, make jokes too, and Esther hated it. It was like that time someone asked her, ‘Hey Esther, remember that time they took gullible out of the dictionary?’ She fell for it too.

Mallory took a seat at one of the high chairs and crossed a leg over the other. She looked over her shoulder and saw Esther was nowhere near ordering their drinks and she giggled. “We might be here a while.” She murmured and sat up slowly, folding her arms over each other on the table. Looking up at Harrison, she tilted her head and smiled. “Since college. We were roommates our freshman year. We’re roommates now still.” She smiled proudly.

She was about to step in between but then stepped back quickly. Ugh, she almost got it too. Sighing heavily, she blew her bangs out of her face and then stepped forward again, making sure she didn’t wedge between people but actually fit in and put her hand down. It was busy. Really busy. And it took five minutes before she was finally able to order. But at least, ten minutes later after being there, she finally ordered.

Harrison noted Esther being in a state of some distress at getting the drinks. He was of half a mind to go help her, but he somehow doubted she'd thank him for it. Besides, it would be rather rude to leave Mallory alone at the table. A part of him caught the tone she used to announce that they might be there a while. A clever man might read into it, take some kind of suggestion from that. But Harrison was not intending to be a clever man right now. Besides, she was his employee! You just didn't consider your employees like that! Or at least he hadn't since he was a much younger man. He watched as she leaned forward onto teh table, letting her arms take the weight of her. It was clear she had a different set of priorities when not dressing for work. She was alwyas impeccably dressed in a step above business casual. He imposed such a standard to his secretaries, it was a matter of principle. When his emplyees stepped into a group of other employees from the firm, you knew which worked for him, and you knew at a glance. Mallory was nearly to the point of qualifying for the two year bonus. That would give her a bonus, specific gift cards for some of the better tailors in the city, giving her the mark of a longer running employee of him. His secretaries had dressed better than some of the lawyers at the firm, to the annoyance of the lawyers.

The way she leaned, he chose to interperet as needing to rest her back a little, which made sense. It was easier than assuming that the way she was perched on her seat, in rather well fitted black jeans that showed some rather well placed assets, and a blouse that was a few buttons farther down than he'd have ever permitted in the office. But the few buttons added up to quite a different view when she leaned forward. Harrison Trenton was many, many things, but one thing he still was, was a man. And the view he was getting was still having something of an effect on him. He was supposed to relax a little, so he reached up and loosened his tie slightly, giving him a bit mroe room to breathe. His eyes tracked the table, wishing for a drink to occupy his hand and thoughts. Else he'd be drawn back a little to the way the swell of Mallory-

He cut his thoughts off instantly, and gave her a normal, calm smile. His inner turmoil was his, and his alone. he didn't plan on sharing that little detail with his secretary. In a way he could see what she was doing as a way of very subtly paying him back for running her through the wringer on the phone last night. If so, she was petty, spiteful creature indeed. He might need to give her another raise.
"Quite some time then! The two of you must get along quite well indeed!" He observed.

Mallory rest her cheek in her hand which was propped up on the table by her elbow, as her arms were resting on there. Her head tilted and she wore this smile on her face as she looked at him. She didn’t know why but something about not being in the office with him made her relax. Because he wasn’t her boss right now. He was someone they invited to have a drink or a few with them. Neither were on clock and she was going to take advantage of this opportunity to maybe get in somewhere with him tonight. She liked Harrison Trenton. She liked him a lot. More than she should. But she did. And in the office, she would always be professional and keep her crush on him to herself, not even dropping any kind of hints. Right now, this was the first time she was spending time with him outside of the office and she was realizing now that she could be Mallory. Not Miss Joyner. But Mallory. Just, Mallory. So much even that she forgot her best friend, Esther, was there.

Her gaze stayed on him and she caught where his eyes had traveled. And when she looked down when he wasn’t looking, she realized why and it got her excited to know that he saw that, even before she did, even before she even realized that she did that. Honestly, Mallory wasn’t even trying to entice the man. Until now. Until she realized that she could do just that. Finally act on her crush on him.

And with how she was resting her cheek on her hand, it inadvertently allowed her to lean over just a tad bit more, a tad bit more to give him a slightly better view.
“Indeed. I don’t think I’ve ever had a more amazing friend like her. I’m truly blessed.” And she meant that too.

Esther opened a tab and when she got all three drinks, she pulled them into her hands so she carried all three without any trouble, thanking the bartender so kindly with a smile. She turned and went back to their table and set the drinks down. A Canadian draft beer for Harrison, she slid it towards him, a large rum and coke for Mallory to which she slid to her and a full glass of chardonnay for herself. Perching her bottom on a high chair, she took her glass and sipped it before setting it down. She’d pace herself for now, at least until she had one drink in her. All it took was one bottle and then she was good. She was such lightweight.

“What are we talking about?” She asked softly, sitting back in her chair and crossing a leg over the other, her hand reaching out to grasp her glass and hold it to her. She intended to not put it down one bit. She intended to only put it down once it was empty. It was her rule in drinking when the intended result was to be hammered.

Harrison made very careful note of how mallory was shifting position. She hadn't been trying to put on a show before. She was now. And it was starting to tell on him a little more. He gave himself a mental slap. She was nearly fifteen years younger than him! What was he turning into, a dirty old man? He smiled regardless. Whether he planned on doing anything about the fact that a young woman was giving him a better view than he'd anticipated, the fact remained that there was a show of carefully hidden and exposed skin before him. It was something that he could enjoy really. A strip show was all fine and well for some, but there was no real elegance to it, no secret, no...flirtation really. This was a very different Mallory than the one he was used to seeing. She leaned a little farther, and it gave him what was likely the best view he was going to get short of reaching over and pulling the blouse open.

Now there was an enticing thought. He buried it in a deep grave, and salted the earth. No sense letting that one back up for air. It seemed his dea of giving himself a bit mroe of his college midset was working better than he'd thought. Esther arrived, bringing drinks. Sweet, blessed Esther, he'd kiss her if he didn't know what that would end up leading to. He nodded to her, his moves all poise and control. Internally, he was becoming very tempted to find an excuse to bring Mallory back to the office for a meeting about her tone the other day. After all, they'd be alone and that-

That thought ended up in another salted grave in his mind. Damn it, he was goign to have to get a grip.
"Thank you Esther." He said to her with a half smile that looked a little more casual than he usually did. The beer was good, Genuine Draft from Canada, Labatt. Actually one of his old favourites. It was hard to find these days. And since he rarely drank a beer, even he didn't have it on hand. He took a long swallow out of his glass, the tingling of the carbonation rolling down his throat in a pleasant way. He broke for air with a long, satisfied sigh. It ha been too long since he'd made the acquaintance of the drink. "We were talking about good friends." Harrison supplied. It was no less than the truth, adn spared both ladies the embarrassment.

Mallory knew something was going on in his head and it excited her. So much that if things went well tonight, she just might go home with him, hell or even back to the office. Now she was ever more determined but if she knew anything about how to get a guy she liked, it was not to be obvious. It was to be casual. At least wait until the guy had some drinks in him because then maybe some inhibitions would go away. Although even she knew that after this large rum and coke, she could get halfway through a second one and feel pretty open enough to engage in a full on flirtation.

Esther arrived bringing their drinks and for a moment, resented her just a tiny bit as if she was an imposition. But she couldn’t blame her or be hateful towards her because no one knew of her crush on her boss aside from her. And she had no intention of telling anyone because for all she knew, Harrison wouldn’t even feel the same way or want to. Not that she might blame him but she held nothing over him, no claim or possession. So she just smiled her thanks and sipped her drink, sighing softly and contently. It meant she thought it was properly made and she definitely approved.

She smiled at her friend and then at Harrison. “I was just telling Mr. Trenton here how long you and I have known each other. After all, he inquired. And I was more than willing to answer.” She emphasized as if not ashamed to hide her friendship and obvious adoration to her friend, but really it was kind of a small hint. Very minor and could be taken in any way really but considering how Mallory was being, it was obvious to her at least how she meant it.

Esther blushed a small one and she took a big gulp of her wine, nodding her head slowly. “Hopefully nothing embarrassing.”
“Like the time you thought gullible was actually removed from the dictionary?” Mallory tilted her head. Esther turned her head slowly, ominously slowly just as she was to take a sip of her wine and swallowed hard. “Asshole.” She whispered and Mallory giggled.
“Mr. Trenton, would you like to hear the story?” She was teasing of course but she wouldn’t put Esther through that. It was enough said on its own. Esther thought gullible was removed from the dictionary and she was sober!

“Mal.” Esther warned.
Mallory simply giggled as she sipped her rum and coke.
Downing the rest of her wine, Esther stood. “Excuse me while I get a refill.” That and if Mallory told the story, she wouldn’t have to hear it. So she got up and took her empty glass to the bar where she got another. And for her sake, she kind of hung out there, drinking.

There was a lot of subtext flying around the table now. Harrison wondered about perhaps being a clever man for a moment, and reading into his secretary. It was a little mroe...overtly covert than he'd expected. A clever could read into the emphasis. He also had to wonder at teh way mallory handled Esther. It wasn't that she was being overly cruel, not in harrison's mind, but it did seem that Mallory knew exactly what button to push to get the reaction she was looking for. And that made her...sharper than he'd given her credit for. But then, she'd had the time to learn about Esther. If she could use something like this in the office...she might be wasted on a secretarial job. Mallory might be better suited to middle management.

Harrison flagged down a passing waitress, and took a moment on what drink to put on his tab.
"Bring me a glass of your finest scotch." He said calmly. She looked a touch uncomfortable.
"Uh...this isn't really a place that has a 'finest scotch'..." She trailed off. Harrison nodded, not batting an eye. In a flush of random whimsy he went the other way.
"Then bring me a bottle of your foulest rotgut." She perked up.
"I can do that!" She announced, and moved through the crowd. It was easier then waiting for Esther to come back, and then send her away with drinks again. Harrison turned his attention back to Mallory. He drained the last of his pint. It wasn't much, but it was quickly enough to bring a hint of fuzziness to his brain, and that was always a good sign. Mallory had a few qualities that did appeal to him, and she was making some very careful not-quite-flirtations. If he wasn't careful, he might end up taking her home for the night. Or perhaps he might have to be careful if he wanted to take her home. he was not sure where he sat on that issue.

"You seem to have Esther rather effectively...pegged in her reactions." Harrison observed. It was a neutral observation. Something designed to either lead into a conversation, or could just as easily be abandoned in favour of another topic. The art of conversation, starting to seep back into his mind. Maybe it was the beer.

Mallory didn’t even try to stop her friend when she decided to get another drink and if all went well, she wouldn’t come back for a little while. The way she saw it, Esther wanted to get drunk and she didn’t have to be around them for that to happen. Yes, it was partly selfish and kind of a bitch of her to be but it was easy to make happen around Esther. The girl had always been a pushover and while Mallory did adore her, she also took advantage of that weakness of hers. The only time she saw her not be a pushover and quite the opposite was when she was in a classroom. That was Esther’s safe haven, Mallory had noticed. But right now, Esther was out of her element and simply looking for an escape in her wine. Mallory would fuel that so long as it meant her best friend couldn’t get in the way of her time with Harrison. And she really hoped to be on a first name basis in private with him tonight.

As Harrison ordered himself another drink, Mallory stayed sipping on hers though not necessarily small sips but big enough, just properly spaced out. After all, she didn’t want to drink too fast to put her foot in her mouth. It had to be choreographed well enough but not like it was planned. Just…living in the moment. C’est la vie.
Taking another sip of her drink, she let her eyes gaze back to Harrison and she shrugged. “She’s a very shy person. You’d never see it or think it if you saw her in her classroom setting. But outside of it, she’s very shy, easily embarrassed because she likes to keep herself impeccable, almost perfect. Well, at least she started that way after her time in college after her ex—“ She cut herself off by promptly biting her tongue and shaking her head. “She’s just different now.” She instead decided to wrap that up with.
Taking another couple of sips of her rum and coke, when a waitress passed by, she ordered another and then looked to Harrison. As if the rum and coke washed away the topic of Esther from her tongue. Mallory certainly didn’t want to spend her evening talking about her friend. Call her selfish but she had her crush right where she wanted him. Interested enough. Even if they didn’t talk much, she was just hoping for an invite to spend the night with him.

“So Mr. Trenton, what do I need to do to get on a first name basis with you?” She asked, not exactly sly but the way she asked it was sly and like she wasn’t trying to insinuate something when she really was. If the cat wasn’t out of the bag then, she was just that good then. If it was, well hopefully after a few more drinks, they both could just vamoose. Esther probably wouldn’t mind. She wanted to drink.

As she sat at the bar, Esther got the very vague but distinct impression that Mallory was doing what she could to keep her away from them. It seemed Mallory wanted to have Harrison to herself that night. If that was the case, she should have insinuated that she wanted to buy the drink for Harrison, not Esther. With a heavy sigh, she knocked back the rest of the liquid of her second wine glass before placing the empty glass on the counter. She was now sitting at the bar with every intention of getting hammered with two more glasses.

Even if she were to look over and suddenly no longer see Harrison or Mallory there, she’d be too gone to care. Her third wine glass was place before her and she offered a smile to the bartender before picking it up and took a small sip. She was already starting to feel it. Well with how fast she downed those first two glasses, it wasn’t surprising. She wasn’t sad, she didn’t look slumped or just downright defeated. No, she was fine for the most part. Just…that feeling when you knew you weren’t wanted. It wasn’t a particularly nice feeling. No, it left a bad taste in the mouth to be perfectly honest but Esther didn’t like to make people feel guilty. No, she wanted people to have fun and if Mallory was happy to be alone with Harrison, then Esther was happy for her. Either way, she got her drinks so she couldn’t complain. And she wasn’t. She was sitting quietly, drinking and probably after the fourth glass just might leave the two of them to their own.

Yeah, that happened quick the more she entertained the idea of leaving them alone. So her third glass went fast as did her fourth and when she finished with it, she was closing her tab, and thankfully knew how much she was paying for. Two drinks that weren’t hers but bought for two others and four glasses of wine. Not too shabby of a bill. Once more, she thanked the bartender before rising from the stool. Her hand came out instantly brace herself and she took in a deep breath. Oh yes, the perfect mood to go to sleep in. Drunk.

Walking carefully in determined strides, she came over to Mallory and slinked her arm around her. “I think I’ll call it night.” She had this look on her face that certainly screamed those four glasses of wine served her well. With a kiss to Mallory’s cheek, she started to turn.
“Are you sure?” Mallory asked, though Esther was sure that worry tone in her voice was more feigned than anything else. So she turned back to her and smiled a cheeky grin. “Yeah, of course! I can hail a cab. Besides, cab drivers love picking up drunk women.” She giggled and then hiccupped lightly, covering her mouth. “’Scuse me.” She murmured before turning to Harrison. “A pleasure as always Mr. Trenton.” Even if she did just meet him earlier that day. “Be sure to take care of my girl.” She referred to Mallory before she ran her hand through her hair and managed to make her way out of the bar. She hailed a cab. One came instantly and she got in without much struggle and slurred out her address. He asked her to repeat it, enunciate it really and she did and within thirty minutes, she was home. Paying, she climbed up the porch steps of their apartment building and went in and went up to the third floor. Thank goodness for old rickety elevators.

In the next thirty minutes, Esther was in bed, snoozing happily. She didn’t even undress or change. She was able to get her shoes off before she fell into bed and was out almost immediately. At least now she could sleep. And thankfully tomorrow was Sunday. She had no intention of waking up early.

Harrison nodded to Esther as she began to make her escape.
"Be careful Esther. Be a shame to get you your job back only to have you miss your class from hurting yourself." He said calmly. It was a weak joke, and drunk as Esther seemed to be, it washed over her, and she left the bar. Harrison drink order came. The waitress set a bottle down on the table, along with two small glasses, and winked at him. He nodded in thanks, ignored the wink, and examined his bottle of 'rotgut'. It wasn't what he expected. He smiled as he read the label, and brushed a layer of dust off. Oh, the bartender was an idiot. A true, monumetal idiot. Rotugt indeed. The label was nearly worn away, but enough details could be made out by the discerning eye. Bourbon, and bourbon old enough that it had been illegal when it was made. He unsealed the bottle, and sniffed. The heady scent of a liquor made quickly, and then thrown into a bottle as quickly as possibly. It was rare these days,but things like this did surface on occasion. He poured a glass, and took a sip.

Gods damn it, the drink was rough, as only crudely made moonshine borboun could be. It was entirely not what he was used to drinking these days, but by the gods he was enjoying it. The fuzz on his brain increased a moment before he penetrated it with a force of will. Not a time to lose oneself in an alcohol fueled head buzz. He smiled at Mallory, feling more relaxed then he normally did, more than he had in a while when in public. He saw something else that caught his eyes, especially since he was tryinto focus on a college mindset.
"Tell me Mallory, do you shoot pool?" He asked, gesturing to a rapidly emptying table. "Could I tempt you into a game?"

They were alone at last and Mallory couldn’t help the feeling of being completely giddy and excited. She didn’t show it of course because she wasn’t about to have a sign on her forehead say, ‘Please fuck me, Mr. Trenton,’ for all the world to see. No, she had a bit more class than that but still, her hopes for the evening were high and she was determined. She had a bit more guts than Esther, a bit more courage and when it came to men, she didn’t turn into the awkward turtle because her past prohibited her so. No, when it came to men she didn’t wither away because she liked men, she thought she was attractive enough to physically entice a man and she had enough confidence in herself throughout to be near a man and talk to one. Esther lost her confidence and courage outside of the classroom. Mallory was confident enough all the time. Perhaps working in a law firm as the secretary of one Harrison Trenton helped a lot. She’s been barked at plenty of times. It’s like a type of corporal punishment to toughen someone up. She certainly wasn’t the same Mallory right after she graduated, that’s for sure.

When his drink came, so did her second rum and coke and by now the first one had already finished. She was feeling wonderful. She hadn’t gotten to that spinning time yet. No, that was when she got really drunk. No, she was just feeling that warm feeling in her body of having alcohol in her blood stream, feeling more relaxed and if she were to stand up right now, she might feel it go to her head.

Taking a sip of her second drink, she looked to where he was referring to and she bit her lower lip. “I mean I’ll say yes to a game but I believe you might have an unfair advantage.” She smiled a little bit and then shrugged lightly. “I’m not really good. And I don’t think I was ever taught how to properly hold…the…pool…stick...” That sounded really embarrassing to say. “I don’t know, people hold it very differently.” She shrugged before sliding off the high chair and took her drink with her. “Shall we then?” Normally, she hated pool. Esther was actually good at it. But then again, Mallory had never played pool with a guy since college. The last guy she played pool with was Chad just before—
But Harrison Trenton would be a fine opponent. Especially if she could learn a thing or two from anyone, it’d be him.

Harrison smiled, adn witheld a comment. Not very good indeed. If he had a penny for every time he'd been told that he'd be...well, richer than he was. But still.
"Well, for starters, it's not a stick. It's a poll cue." He corrected mildly, sliding offf of his chair, and making sure to bring his bottle or prohibition borboun with him. He ste it on the side table, adn drained his glass, actually having to faintly gasp at the sheer brutality of the liquid. He poured another glass. It wwas great stuff! The table was a better make than he'd expected. He ran his fingers along the felt, feeling for the expremely faint seam that he knew he'd find. It did come. Two piece slate. Better than he'd expected to find. Most places were usually five to six piece. Easier to transport. While three was the optimal balance, two was still nice to find. Harrison carefully lifted each of the cues that were in the rack, adn actually started to explain what he was doing. After all, if one was going to teach something like the art of billiards, one should do it right.

"You should always check each cue, unless you have your own. The right cue can make or break the game for you." He started. He rolled the cues along the tabletop. He set one aside. "That one looks straight, but has a wobble to it when rolled. It should be taken out back and burned. Useless now." Harrison shook his head. He went between two different cues before settling on one. He handed the other to Mallory. "Based on your height, adn reach, I think that one should be a reasonable match for you. It's a ten ounce, good balanced weight. For myself, I took a twelve. I've a bit mroe upper body strength, so I can use a little mroe mass in my cue." With that, he began to fish the balls from the pockets. Mallory took one end of the table, getting the balls down to Harrison. He didn't miss the oportunity that was being presented when she took the time to lean over the table, grabbing an errant ball. It was, uh...quite a view from behind her. The borboun did give him the image of grabbing her right then and there, bending her over the table firmly and going-

He closed his eyes. Stupid bourbon. Stupid woman. Stupid brain for constantly putting his mind on that track. His eyes were open again, and he was calm by the time she took the effort to slowly stand up. Nothing accidental about that move then, but he'd never have assumed it had been. A light shake of his head, and he took another drink. Gods, but that stuff just didn't get any easier on the throat to drink! He knew he was taking whatever was left in the bottle home with him. It was amazing how he sought after the smoothest of scotches, but still enjoyed the harshest, most brutal of drinks as well. This was like drining flavoured paint thinner. Harrison carefully, almost reverently, racked up the balls, before setting it up. He moved the bottom two corners of the triangle onto the back, making a large, incomplete diamond. Old habits died hard.
"Now. I'll break, and then help you with your shot." Harrison informed her, rubbing the chalk onto teh tip of his cue. He blew excess dust off with a puff of air. He stopped a moment, set his cue aside, and shed his suit jacket. From one corner he withdrew a collapsable hanger, and hung it off of the chair that his bottle sat near. His tie joined it. Couldn't have it spoiling his shot after all.

He leaned over the table, letting out a long breath, recalling to him all of the old skills of the trade. College had been a time where this kind of activity had been the source of most of his drinking, and at the very beginning, part of his tuition. It was like sliding into another person. A much younger one. His face lit with a cocky grin, one that from what felt like a lifetime ago. he made the shot. He stood almost instantly as the cue ball clacked into the massed balls. They scattered as though a bomb had gone off in their midst. He watched as three of them sank, to stripes and a solid. Suited him fine. Before this returned feeling, he'd been planning a Gentleman's Break, not sinking anything. But no more. Time for a teaching session. He waved Mallory over to him.
"Now, the two over thre. Seems like a good target. Open, with nothing between it and the corner pocket. So. Show me how you might set up for the shot." He told her with that cocky smile on his face. When she set up, he restrained a laugh. She had either been telling the truth about not knowing much about pool, or was using this as an invitation for correction. Fortune favoured the bold...

"Like this." He said quietly, making the decision for the night. The phrase was said from right beside her ear. A low, almost suggestive tone. Gently, but firmly, he put hi hand on hers, adn corrected her grip. "Now your stance. It's all wrong. More like this." He leaned against her, adn brough her body tight to his, using an arm to direct her motion. Her back was pressed to his front, and all thta was in the way was clothes. Remove that, and he could be taking her, right here at the table. The thought was not lost on him, and he felt a faint stirring. Tight as they were together, it was doubtful she'd miss it. "And make your shot." He murmuered to her, letting the implications hang in the air.

Mallory set her drink down next to his and she crossed her arms over her chest, watching him. He was like an expert when it came to pool and she couldn’t help but be amused. It’s not like she needed a full on lesson abut this but hey if he wanted to, she wouldn’t stop him. Besides, it was nice watching Harrison Trenton in this atmosphere. He was still in his element but she could tell he was a lot more relaxed and it was a joy to see it really. That and well if she could spend more time with hi like this outside of the office, her life might feel a bit more complete. It’d be the first time she actually got to be with her rush like this. Not too shabby. Not too shabby at all.

Taking the pool cue, she refrained from rolling her eyes when he corrected her. Instead, it made her giggle as she rounded to her drink and took a few hasty but big sips. After setting her drink down, she went to pull the balls from the pockets of the pool table and pushed them gently to the front so they didn’t go in the pockets again. She wasn’t entirely aware of Harrison’s perusal over her. She was just kind of doing her own thing and very much looking forward to this game. She had a good feeling. A really good feeling. She was feeling lucky.
Not necessarily about the game itself.

The game started and she was standing in front of the table, the opposite side from where Harrison stood, where he was taking his first shot. Her breathing hitched a little bit but not loudly as she watched him and she swallowed hard, her throat suddenly going dry. Boom! What a shot. She watched as three balls went into their respective pockets and her eyes blinked. She wasn’t afraid to lose. No, she was just afraid to lose her mind when the time came for her shot. The time came now for her shot and she suddenly felt like a bundle of nerves. What if she messed up? What if—

With a bit more of liquid courage after taking a sip, she moved to where he suggested for a shot and then took a stance. Her cheeks heated as she looked at the balls and then at him and shook her head. She knew he was holding back his evident amusement and she rolled her eyes. She wasn’t kidding when she said she sucked at this game. Chad tried teaching her too. But for some reason, maybe if it was where she was involved, if a guy tried teaching her how to play pool, it usually led to something else. In other words, their game was easily abandoned. Because of…

She became very aware and very alarmed of his presence behind her, his voice in her ear, his breath touching and heating her skin and shivers ran up her spine madly. Swallowing hard, she adjusted her grip as he guided her to and then her stance. Oh, she could just die right now. He was touching her. Harrison Trenton was touching her! She felt him pull her flush up against him basically and it caused her to turn her head back so she could look at him. Her hair looked like it was over one shoulder but it was just really well on one side. Unlike Esther’s hair, Mallory’s hair was incredibly compatible. Things came easier for her.

And make your shot… If that wasn’t an invitation, she didn’t know what would be. Taking a chance, she leaned her face back so her lips drew in closer to his and soon they touched his in a tentative, unsure kiss but the moment they touched, all intention for pool was forgotten and she simply wanted to spend an entire night discovering these lips over and over again and every other part of him.

Make your shot... it had been as clear as a clarion call. And yet it had enough room in it that she could have simply made a pool shot, and gone about the evening. But she had been looking for something all night. It wasn't the first time a younger woman had made a pass at him, usually one thinking that he would be a gateway for her to the high life. And he'd dropped each one like a bad habit. But mallory...his secretary was a differnt matter. She was competent, and it was highly unlikely that she'd be looking for his position to do anything for her. After all, they'd have to be reasonably discreet. Company policy was rather stern on this matter. But make your shot...she'd made her play, and it was up to him to either take up the gauntlet, or to turn her down, embarrass her, and leave her writhing in the wind. She was tentative, a touch hesitant in her manner, after all, she had to know exactly what he could do to make this awkward. The errant thought flicked across his mind, a What Would College Harrison Do? And he knew exactly what he'd have done back then.

He leaned a little mroe in, making sure she was aware that she'd made, what was in his opinion, the right move after all. He kept them close, giving her the hint of things that might be to come. A taste of the passion. But not enough to get them too swept away. Harrison noted that there was one pair of younger men that were staring at them from across the bar. With a mental smirk, one of his hands came around Mallory's midsection, keeping her cloe to him, before making a slow circle on her stomach. He slid it under the front of her blouse, and made the skin to skin contact, riding the blouse up just a little, allowing just a hint of smooth skin to peak into view. he saw their eyes half goggle out of their heads, and withdrew his hand, breaking off the kiss.
"Quite a shot to make Miss Joyner. Would you like to finish up here? Or would you care to take the game...elsewhere?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow. The cocky smirk on his face made him look ten years younger, no errant cares, just a man in his element, enjoying the moment.

Her skin seemed to singe from his touch. Not only did he return the kiss but he touched her. Not just over her blouse but underneath. It was…it was…and she had no idea what reason he did it for, to show up those younger men at the bar whom she had no idea of anyways. If anything, it just made her melt further back into his arms and if he wasn’t behind her and she wasn’t half leaning over this table, her knees would have given out and she’d be face down on the gross bar floor.

When his lips were gone, her lips felt so alone and cold, missing the contact and warmth of his. But she opened her eyes and she smiled softly, a small bit of redness added to her cheeks. Letting go of her grip and hold on the pool cue, she nodded her head, as if suddenly losing her ability to speak and form a coherent sentence. For a moment though, it found her, enough that she could at least specify that she wanted to take the ‘game’ elsewhere and be somewhere private with him. That if it did lead to somewhere else, which it would, she had no doubt of that, they could have all the privacy they needed and she could finally get her dream come true.

“Can we take the game elsewhere? Maybe my place?” She asked. It’d be easier to go there than to actually learn where Harrison Trenton lived. That might make it…it might make him uncomfortable because judging by how well he dressed and all that jazz, she had a feeling her two bedroom apartment with Esther was maybe a good quarter of his place that she assumed him to have. A big palace of an apartment or something. He seemed to be the kind of person that used his money to the extent. She wasn’t sure she would be able to handle it. It’d overwhelm her a bit. Still, she asked with no hesitancy or fear. As if all charades were off and it was time to lay the cards down on the table. She wanted Harrison to spend the night with her. She intended to get just that otherwise her name would not be Mallory Joyner.

Harrison paused, wondering. Was she nervous? Ashamed to be taken to his place? or was it something different? He was of half a mind to take her back to the firm. His office did have a place behind the closet that he had made into a small bedroom. Working from the office, but remaining impeccable had been a key to his reputation at times. The interns were long gone, and the other lawyers were sequestered in their own office fortresses. But the invitation would likely be easier if he just agreed. Plenty of time to do otherwise later. Probably. Maybe. He didn't know. Fuck it, it was time for him to break a few rules, and have a time with his secretary.
"Sure. Let's go." He stood from the table, leaving the cue on the felt, adn leading her out of the bar. He tossed the tender a fifty, and nodded, the bottle of rotgut in his jacket pocket. His tie tucked away, adn his jacket on but unbuttoned. He flagged a cab. Cars were for later.

They got a cab quickly, and climbed in, Mallory giving the address. Harrison knew the address. They'd have eight, maybe ten minutes at most before arriving. Which to him was plenty of time. He gave Mallory a smirk, ad got an arm around her, dragging her close to him to plant another kiss on her. He was not going to let her lose whatever feeling he'd started in her. And he wasn't going to let something like logic get in his own way. One hand kept Mallory close, the other ran fingers through her hair. His palm came to her cheek, and lingered there. The cabbie rolled his eyes, adn focused on the road. Harrison had the perverse impulse to go farther, right here in the cab, but quelled it. There were some standards to be maintained after all. He knew the area they were in, and they had another few minutes, so he slid a hand up the back of her shirt, bringing it nearly to her shoulders, before trailing back down her spine carefully. The cabbie perked up a bit, wondering if he was getting a show, but Harrison knocked on the glass as they came to the address. He broke the kiss, adn tossed a twenty to the cabbie, before brekaing the kiss, and getting out of the cab, leading Mallory out as well. He smiled at her. It was her building. He was hers to lead for the moment.

Nodding and thankful he didn’t try to fight her on this, Mallory went with him after promptly downing the rest of her rum and coke. She’d need the extra courage because after all, this was Harrison Trenton we’re talking about. Not only was it a big deal but he was also her boss. Was it considered wrongful termination if it was because she didn’t ‘perform’ as well as she should anymore? Suddenly she felt more nervous than she thought possible, considering how confident she had been going into all of this. But it was coming down to actually happening. She just didn’t want to be terrible at this.

Sitting in the cab now, she kept her hands in her lap and was staring out ahead until he pulled her closer. Honestly, the moment his lips touched hers and the fact she was sort of half in his arms, it brought her a sense of peace and ease to her and rejuvenated her confidence in this entire situation. Yes, it was Harrison Trenton but Mallory wasn’t incompetent and she certainly wasn’t bad at sex. Chad hadn’t complained but then again, he wasn’t exactly a reliable source since well, he had cheated on Esther with just about any girl who was willing and didn’t care that he had a girlfriend. Honestly, the guy lost his mind in college an Esther paid the price. Mallory felt guilty now about it. But she knew Chad never said anything and she had no intention of letting her know, ever. That’d be the end of their friendship.

But right now, Esther was the farthest thing from her mind, especially with how so perfectly Mallory’s lips molded with Harrison’s. Her eyes had fluttered closed and her back arched feeling his warm hand up her soft back. Tease, she thought to herself. And before she knew it, the cab ride was over. She couldn’t have gotten out of that car faster to bring him to their apartment. Once inside the building, it was time in the elevator. But it went fast and soon, with her hand in his, she was leading him to the first apartment on the left and opened the door for him.
She didn’t really waste any time because she was in that sort of mood. All responsibility on how to keep the apartment clean, went out of order, because all she wanted to do was take him to her room, push him down and just go to town.

And she was going to. Once inside and the door was shut, she didn’t even say anything. Her room was directly across from Esther’s, but her door was shut. It made it easy to just slip in not that she had to sneak in or anything. It was perfectly allowed for her to bring back guys to the place. Even for Esther. But Esther hadn’t been with anyone since Chad. Mallory on the other hand…

The apartment was a nice size. An actual nice place considering the part of Manhattan it was located in and considering it was New York. All the good places were ridonculously priced. This was actually pretty cheap considering it was a pretty nice place. Definitely nowhere near nice like the places on the Upper East Side but she neither of them complained. Because it could be worse.
The kitchen was actually the best part of this and when Esther saw it—she does most and all of the cooking—she made an offer and Mallory didn’t care. She paid for half of it, got her own room and bathroom. She was good. That’s right, both bedrooms had adjoining bathrooms, a really nice living space, washer/dryer and there was an actual elevator to this place! Since they lived on the third floor.

Turning, she stepped out of her shoes and then looked at Harrison. She bit her lower lip, simply standing still for a moment before she moved to him and her hands pressed to his chest. It stunned her since she didn’t expect him to feel that good, even with the barrier of clothes. But when she looked up, her lips were like magnets to his, instantly drawn in and soon they were pressed to his in an instant passionate kiss. She wanted him. She wanted him in her bed. She wanted him inside of her. And this was her first actual real crush in a while. She didn’t just want to bone him. She, like the helpless and pathetic little girl inside of her, wanted more than just one night.

Mallory stepped to him, and he felt her contact on his chest. Her kiss was different than what he expected. Firm, but still a touch nervous, but with enough desire to make him confident that this wasn't going to fall apart halfway through. And right now, he felt like reliving his college days just a little more. And that called for a very specific set of skills. He accepted the kiss, taking her jaw gently in his hand, and stepping a little closer, using his hand to guide her face up to his. A hand came up between them, sliding across her neck, taking in the feel of her, before breaking the kiss amoment, and giving her a knowing smile. He held it for a second before moving back in more aggressively to reconnect. The hand at her neck went straight down, strong fingers getting behind buttons of her blouse, and feeling them pop away from teh blouse. His hand went around her slender waist, and pulled her tight to him, before half lifting her to press her to the wall.

His free hand slid up her midsection, loving the smooth, toned feel of her skin, something that you only found in the younger generation. Gods, so many years between them, and he completely did not care. He shrugged his shoulders, tossing his jacket aside, before getting himself back up against her, one hand sliding lower to lift her leg up. he contemplated ripping the blouse from her body, it wouldn't be hard. He put that on hold for the moment. he broke the kiss to go lower, adding one to the side of her neck, and then her collar bone. A quick glance discovered that Mallory had worn a front break for a bra, which certainly made his life easier. With a quick, expert motion, he popped it open, and bent to capture a nipple in his mouth, roughly working his tongue around.

She melted. Something about when a man has his hands around her neck and her cheek. Considering he had big hands, it felt like her face and her neck were so small and it just made her feel so small that he could handle her with aggression and she might break or it just might make the entire night. It was her own little fetish and fantasy. She liked strapping men like Harrison and she certainly liked how he kissed, how he held her or touched her when they kissed and how he just was, all around. What was there not to like? Harrison Trenton was something else, that’s for sure.

But feeling his hands working the buttons of her blouse told her to sort of snap back into reality and start doing something other than being a rag doll for him to manipulate and break into. Her hands came up to his arms an she started working to push his jacket off and down, though being somewhat mindful of a bottle of liquor in there. She worked simultaneously. While he undid her blouse, she didn’t try to push his jacket off. Only when he got her blouse undone, did she finally do it. She took his jacket off and her hands were on him again to start unbuttoning his shirt. Her head tilted back as she felt his lips go from her own to her neck and lower, the feel of his lips on her skin heaven and singing each place he left a kiss on.

Her hands abandoned their task of undoing his shirt and flew into his hair, stroking and lightly massaging as her fingers threaded through the locks, like the bond between a needle and thread. Working harmoniously together. A soft moan came from her but a louder one came from when he took her nipple in his mouth. That was when she looked down and opened her eyes to watch him, completely enthralled by the sight. This was Harrison Trenton. Her wish was coming true. That was a new feeling and it felt so good. “Harrison…” she moaned his name, her hands sliding out of his hair and down his covered back, coming to the front to start working on his shirt once more. And once she had it unbuttoned, she pulled back a little bit to detach her nipple from his mouth, pushing his shirt apart. She needed it off of him. For years since she started working there and realizing just how hot her boss was, she dreamed of what might lay under his clothing. She was about to find out. And given how hard he felt all around on his chest earlier, she had a feeling she wouldn’t be disappointed one bit.

Shirtless, and with her about to be, Harrison grinned. He slid his hands along her shoulders, pushing both bra and blouse from her body, and caught her up in a kiss, adn then got an arm around her back, lifting her from teh floor. The press of the two of them was heating up for him, and he was getting more into the moment. He carried her the paces needed to reach the bed, and plopped her down on it. He stood before her for a moment. This was a powerful man, and not only in the law firm. He clearly worked to make sure he stayed in good shape, and it showerd well in the fact that there was no excess weight on him. He bent low, pressing his lips to hers again, but maintaining the pressure to push her onto her back. One hand made a pass over her hair, pressing it to her head a moment, before his palm came to rest on her cheek. His other trailed fingers down from her collarbone, lingering a moment on her breasts, the callous on his fingers rough, clearly not the hands of a soft office worker. There was hard work in his background, adn whatever he did to maintain his form added to that.

The hand trailed lower, finding her midsection. He trailed a little slower, drawing out the sensation, and not only for her, he was enjoying the feel of her skin. Smooth, and cared for. He reached his gowl, casually popping the button of her jeans open. With a smirk, he broke their kiss, and trailed kisses down her body. As he went, he got his hands under the waist of her jeans, adn pulled, drawing them down her legs as he went, before standing, he now discarded jeans in his hands. he gave her a smile as he tossed them aside, standing before her. It was time to force her to make a play. It was only fair after all. She'd have to come to him.

Very quickly, her clothes were leaving her body. The more that left, the more exposed she was but Mallory didn’t let it bother her. Neither was she afraid or suddenly going to pull back because she was becoming increasingly nude in front of him. With her bra and blouse off of her now, she was left in just her jeans and panties before being pushed down to lie on the bed. Her elbows propped up so she could get a look at the marvelous man before her and her breathing hitched when her eyes lay upon his naked chest. Her eyes widened a little bit and her lips parted. It looked like her jaw just might drop but she was doing her best not to let that happen. How was it that someone could be so handsome? How was it that this was happening? How was it that she got so lucky in her seduction that it actually worked and it was going to really happen? Mallory was going to have sex with Harrison. Dreams do come true after all.

Her pose on the bed—not that it was necessarily posed—made her hold on a little bit as he undid her jeans. But she didn’t think he’d do it in the way he did. Touching her, kissing her even and his touch was electrifying. His touch wasn’t soft, it was rough because his skin wasn’t soft one bit and that’s what made it all feel so much better. A very delicious contrast to her soft skin, that’s for sure. It was tantalizing and she wanted more but just like that, and with the new absence of her jeans, it was gone. At this point, Mallory was practically panting and her eyes opened and there he was, just standing there with that look on his face that made her pool with desire. Harrison Trenton was a sexy man. And Mallory wasn’t just some fish who flopped there and didn’t do anything. No, she did work. And she got it.

Sitting up slowly and her legs open a little bit, she reached over with both hands and looped her thumbs into his belt loops and pulled him closer. She smiled up at him, an adorable little smile, before she started to undo his pants. Her palms and fingers constantly made suggestive brushes against the front as she did, which wasn’t exactly planned but it did work out in her favor. A little nice stimulation. Looking up at him, she leaned in and pressed a kiss to his toned abs and then got his pants undone. Along with his boxers, she pushed them down and let him be free but didn’t go for there. No, instead, she stood up and did it so that every inch of her rubbed against him as she did and her arms came around his neck and she leaned up to press her lips to his. There wasn’t a single gap between them. She could feel everything against her and it made her moan.

She was already so ready, waiting and wet. She had half a mind to just pounce on him and take what she so badly wanted. But that might give him a bad impression. The last thing she wanted was for Harrison Trenton to hate her or think low of her. No, no.

Mallory didn't make him wait for more than a moment, and he was glad of that. As she relieved him of his pants and shorts, he did have a perverse moment of amusement, thiking on her work based resume, and how it translated to this kind of task. Task oriented, attention to detail, and driven to acheive goals. There were far worse things that could be said about a person. His shorts were off, and he swung free as she was sliding up him, before coming into kiss him again. He gathered her in his arms, and lifted her up again, keeping their faces level. One of his hand slid down her back, still loving the feel of it, the smooth, even skin. His hand came to her ass, adn gave her a firm squeeze, before his hand slid under the waistband of her panties. He pushed them down, letting them fall free, but noting that there was a hint of resistance from them. She was already set to go. He had to smile, as the thought finished what was needed to get him ready.

He shifted his grip, getting his hands under her legs, adn lifting her a bit higher up. Ten inches long, and three thick, his member stood fully errect and ready. He didn't take more time. He wanted this to go forward, and he knew she did too. He had a flash of thought, that she should have taken a moment to see what it was she was getting into. Or in this case, what was getting into her. He lowered her down. He felt the head of his member make contact with her moist opening, and pushed inside. He took a deep breath, deepened their kiss a moment, before continuing. He stopped to let her adjust to him after six inches in. Breathing a little hard at the tightness of her, he broke the kiss, adn leaned her back a little. If he wasnted to, he could finish entering in a single thrust, but he did want to draw this out just a little. And besides, he had the moment of wanting her to see that he was just over halfway in.

Back
Top Bottom