Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Snow Angel(Retsu & LadyYunaFFX2)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/virgo2005/RPC-RP Pics/22-Snow_Angel_zps8368a18a.jpg

Though Celestine did note Micah's blush, what caught her eyes even more was the smile. It gave her a sense of pride and content feeling whenever he did that often. Not just because she'd been the source, but the angel knew it was helping him feel better as an individual overall. It was also, more likely than not, something he direly needed. And from what she had seen, he'd only - mainly anyways - endured so much suffering and pain. It only added onto her own mental questions regarding God's judgements at times. At his absolute worst that Celestine had seen and noted thus far, he could tend to go overboard with verbal anger when it tried to overtake him. But that was by far his worst trait and no reason to have put him through so much. Not in her mind or eyes anyways. But it wasn't her call, she knew. Somehow, that annoyed her to many ends it had never done so to before.

The word 'motorcycle' quickly got her attention though as she smiled softly. "Oh? When the weather's better, I wouldn't mind going on that." It was something few people had in France but was common to be able to gaze upon from any media source. And the bikes had caught her attention from an early age though why she couldn't directly pinpoint. Her head shook no softly. "Not overly. I've never really seen anyone actually use or own one but a lot of the media shows punk-like individuals owning them. You don't have to follow the stereotypes to be one; just be yourself." And even if gradually, he was going down that route.

For now, she would let him set the pace with everything thus far. And that included speaking. When he did ask anything that required a reply, though, she eagerly obliged. Otherwise, Celestine remained close by Micah's side, more trying to figure out how to prepare for when he was done gathering his groceries. For a while, she'd contemplated guising herself as if she were his daughter so he'd have to move on .. but that would probably cause more issues than solve anything. More than that, if anyone managed to see her long enough to know that seconds ago she had been a full grown adult ... no. She needed something more discreet.

Thankfully though, the idea came a few seconds before the cashier came in sight. "Yes you can. You've gotten this far ... " She reassured gently. And with a soft snap of her fingers, she played a soft song within his head, especially the more instrumental portions for the majority of it. Hopefully, he'd think more upon that than the woman and temporarily forget his fears. On the off-chance this didn't help though, she exhaled deeply and gently laid a hand upon his back, gently yet firmly guiding him forward. She wouldn't reveal his secret to the cashier like he may have expected, no. Celestine wouldn't let herself sink that low. She merely gave the other woman a polite bow of her head and began helped unpacking the cart ... in case the song was working too well.

Suddenly, a song started playing in his head quite vividly. Not just little beats here and there, or his own voice singing it like one normally would. Instead, it was like the song was truly playing in his head, and he didn't understand how or why. Still, he found it oddly soothing, and felt Celestine pushing him forward. His legs gave a bit of resistance at first, but they soon started walking on their own. The song was doing wonders for him, and he didn't really pay too much attention to the woman. She must of thought he was cute, or Micah's face was a bit funny because she kept sneaking peeks at him, and giggling. He didn't notice it really, and just helped Celestine put his groceries on the belt. The song in his head ended just as he caught notice of the girl sneaking another peek at him, and he blushed furiously. His face was as bright as a tomato, and he quickly looked away from her. She told him how much money everything was, and Micah's hands were shaking as he pulled out the money, and gave it to her. He was so thankful when he was able to pick up his things, and nearly dash out of the store.

Once back at his car, he was still blushing, but it had calmed down some "I guess that was probably a bit too fast for me, huh?" he sighed, and opened his trunk as he put the groceries inside "Thanks for helping me though as I probably would of just ran otherwise," he smiled up at her, but got in his car not long after that, and waited until she was inside before driving them back home. With her help, he was able to get all the groceries inside in one trip, and since it was his house. He put every away where he liked "Thanks again, Celestine," he said once finished "I really would of just ran away from everything if you weren't there, but next time I want you to tell me if I am about to do something like that again. At least until I start getting a lot better," he needed something to help take his mind off things though, so he simply sat down on his couch, turned on the TV for some background noise, and pulled a book out from the nightstand beside him as he started reading.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/virgo2005/RPC-RP Pics/22-Snow_Angel_zps8368a18a.jpg

Were it not for the circumstances, especially that Micah had asked for assistance, Celestine would have felt a lot more guilty on the course of action she'd taken. Tricks involving the mind was something she generally hated and despised. But it hadn't been as if she'd altered or even erased a memory and that knowledge was also assisting out in her feeling better about helping Micah work upon getting over his fears. It was tempting to join in with the giggling, for he did indeed have a unique expression on his face, but she bit on her lower lip to help keep the chuckle hidden away. She didn't want him to misinterpret it as a bad thing. In a naive and innocent way, he'd looked cute --- to her, at least. She couldn't speak on behalf of the other women nor would she attempt to. But Celestine knew that for herself, it wouldn't have been in a bad way.

Taking about half of the load, she helped carry the bags in her hands out to the car, ensuring none of it fell over. Her head glanced up for a few moments before finally looking back to Micah and shaking her head no. "Yes and no. You are doing the right thing without a doubt. However ... with this being the first time you're genuinely trying to get over your fears ... this probably should have been thought out a bit better. But you got through it and that's what matters most, yes? Besides, I should have given more suggestions so ... don't worry about it. Really."

Still, her head nodded in acknowledgement, her smile crossing over her lips upon hearing the praise. "It's really no problem. I did say I intended to help." And if that hadn't been one good sign on how determined she could truly be, she had no idea what was. Once they arrived back, she grabbed the same bags and aided out in placing things away. It was almost tempting to begin cooking and give him a break from it, but it was his night for now. So she restrained from grabbing some of the groceries and doing any preparations.

All the same, Celestine couldn't help but feel restless. And she didn't want to feel as if she were invading Micah's space. So, the next thing which came to her mind was what she began to do; clean. And to help fit the role a lot better, her winter outfit altered into a French maid one. The place was mostly kept rather well, much better than most others. But there were a few tasks that needed to be done; enough to keep her occupied enough. Snapping her fingers again, a duster appeared in her hands and she began wiping counters and surfaces down.

The kitchen took almost no time to finish up on, though, and soon she knew she had to head into the living room. Only for a few minutes did she hesitate before slowly walking out. Whilst still working on the room, she kept to the shelves for now, simultaneously giving Micah his distance and space. Her voice lowered as she subconsciously began humming lightly to herself, a habit she'd had even before her untimely demise. Seldom did she ever have the courage to actually sing aloud; but a few times in the past, Celestine had done so. Mainly in her room or a shower, somewhere much more secluded though.

Micah was paying more attention to his book, but his ears kept picking up on her Celestine's humming. He didn't notice it too much, but it annoyed a small part of him making him pull his attention away from his book, and another part of him almost wished he didn't. The first thing he saw was her outfit, and the same bright red color instantly came to his cheeks due to her french maid outfit. It wasn't super revealing or anything like that, but he had always found such outfits rather alluring, and she was no exception to that. He had to quickly look away before she spotted him looking, and practically buried his face into his neck. The second thing he noticed, and this was something he would be less embarrassed to admit, was that she had an amazing singing voice. While he was no musical expert whatsoever, even he knew a good voice when he heard one. He wanted to believe that it was just because of her angelic status, but felt that would be like stereotyping her, so that must of might it was her own natural ability. Maybe once he calmed down, and she hopefully changed out of that outfit, he would ask her to sing for him.

For now, he stayed with his face nearly buried in his book to help him get his mind off her french maid outfit, and out of the gutter. It worked, and he was soon more enthralled with his reading than her since the humming didn't annoy him anymore. If anything, he was some good background noise, and quite relaxing at that. It helped him to forget their earlier trip to the grocery store, and the embarrassment he felt there. The book didn't have much more to read as he had already gotten though most of it yesterday, and he was soon finished with reading it. That reminded of his earlier thoughts, and a gulp of air slid down his throat as he carefully looked behind him. A sigh of relief was giving as he found Celestine to no longer be wearing her french maid outfit, and was done with her cleaning "H-Hey, Celestine. W-Was that you h-humming?" he already knew the answer to that question, but asked it anyway "I-If it was, then you have a b-beautiful singing voice," he did blush slightly again, but there was a smile on his face as he told her that. His mouth opened to ask her if she wouldn't mind singing him a song from his childhood, but it shut before he had a chance to ask.

The thought of it reminded him of his mother, and how much she used to sing it for him. Micah missed her more than anything, but at least he knew that she was in a much better place now, and was probably looking over him at this very moment. And that reminded him of the title of the song she sung to him Even In Death. To him, it was slightly ironic now, but he wanted hear it sung to him more than anything now "W-W-Would m-mind s-s-singing me a s-song my mother u-used to s-sing to me as a c-child? I-I don't know i-if she e-e-ever told you about it, b-but I can p-pull up the l-lyrics for you i-if y-you want. The name was Even In Death, but I can't remember w-w-who was it by off the top of my head."

Even though Celestine didn't glance back, the feeling of eyes upon her could be slightly detected. Well .. it wasn't too amazing. When all was said and done, Micah was still human. And she knew to some others, outfits like the ones she'd chosen appealed to them more than others. Besides, there was nothing wrong with glancing; it was anything that may be attempted after a simple few gazes that would begin to bother her. And since he wasn't being that bold and stupid, Celestine didn't overly mind. By the time he finally spoke up, she had made her way steadily towards the television, the top needing a bit of a dusting. Her eyes looked up from her target and over to him though as his words caught her ears.

[color=#00CCF]"It was, yes. I'm ... "[/color] She'd been ready to apologize about likely interrupting him but was instead .. complemented? She soon joined him, her own cheeks going a bit crimson. "Oh .. why thank you. I was afraid for a few seconds I'd irritated you or something." As Celestine noted some hesitation, she set the duster gently down upon the TV, almost ready to inquire if something was bothering him. And finally the request passed his lips. The name intrigued her and made her smile. Her head shook no slowly. "She never told me of it, no. But the French-like name caught my attention back in my childhood. I listened to many of Evanescence and Within Temptation's songs among quite a lot more others. I do know of it, actually. However ... I'm going to need a bit of water first so ... "

Giving Micah a polite bow of her head, Celestine felt her pulse unable to help but race a bit. This would also be the first time she'd sing in front of anyone. But at least it was only one individual and that was helping her out with feeling somewhat more confident. All the same, it was still a bit nerve-wracking. As she reached the kitchen again, she quickly but carefully poured herself a glass of water and then got another, figuring it'd be a generous gesture. Taking the two glasses with her, she set one down before him and sipped from her own. Her hands were remaining stable enough, but they definitely trembled the slightest bit. If it meant anything, it would show to Micah he wasn't the only one who had fears and anxieties. While she wasn't a human herself anymore, being an angel didn't by any means hint one forgot emotions or memories of when they were one. If anything, they seemed strengthened at times.

Her eyes closed and after setting the water down, she exhaled softly. An internal karaoke machine of sorts formed in her head, one that literally showed her the words to avoid messing up. Yes, it was somewhat cheating .. but she doubted Micah would have minded if he could have seen. Just as she'd done with him in the store, the music began to play .. but only in her head this time. And as she heard her cue, Celestine began to recite the appropriate song.

"Give me a reason to believe that you're gone
I see your shadow so I know they're all wrong
Moonlight on the soft brown earth
It leads me to where you lay
They took you away from me but now I'm taking you home

I will stay forever here with you
My love
The softly spoken words you gave me
Even in death our love goes on

Some say I'm crazy for my love, Oh my love
But no bonds can hold me from your side, Oh my love
They don't know you can't leave me
They don't hear you singing to me

My love

And I can't love you, anymore than I do

My love

And I can't love you, anymore than I do

People die, but real love is forever.... "

It hadn't been until the last few lines echoed in her own ears that Celestine noted and felt tears must have formed in between lyrics and streamed slowly down her face. A nervous chuckle passed her lips as she quickly turned, her head instantly shaking. "It .. it's not your fault, really. Between you and me, women weren't made to usually be good in the mentally stable department. I cry over the silliest things, it .. it's not you. Just .. how I was made it seems." Taking the time to wipe her tears mostly away, she turned back and faced Micah again, albeit now a slightly sad smile was on her face.

".. All the same, I'm sorry if that had a similar effect ... " She hadn't only thought of herself as she actually noted and paid attention to the lyrics; Micah had gone into her head too. And to some degree, the song could be applied to both of their lives. So .. if she had just had a slight break down, part of her expected the possibility from him. And this time, she was ready to comfort him .. if he wanted it.

He was still blushing over the fact about asking her to sing for him, but was glad to hear she accepted. Her voice was nowhere near his mother's, but that didn't matter much. To him, they both had beautiful singing voices, and couldn't wait to finally hear it again after all these years. Sure, he had the song on his iPod and could easily just search it online if he wanted to, but something about hearing it in person, and by someone you loved made it all the better for him. He watched as she left to go get herself some water, and thanked her after she brought a glass for him as well. Not a moment longer after he took his first sip. Celestine started to sing, and memories came rushing back to him. His ears heard her singing, but his mind heard his mother singing to him as well just before he went to bed. That memory was a week before she had died, and she normally sung it to him if he was having a hard time getting to sleep; however, that was also the last time she ever sung it to him as she died before she had another chance. When she did died of cancer, Micah had trouble sleeping that night, and had to cry himself to sleep because he wanted, more than anything, for her to sing him asleep.

That memory caused real tears to start welling up, and they were soon falling down upon his cheek. He couldn't even drink the water she had given him, and had to set it down because he didn't want to get his tears mixed in with it. He didn't notice her tears as he must of laid down, and stared up at the ceiling almost as if he was simulating his memories of his mother singing the song to him. Even with him crying, there was a smile on his face. The song soon ended, and only then were her tears brought to his attention. No doubt they were both reminded of something in their pasts, and it was only proven when Celestine looked away from him. She was wiping the tears from her eyes, and a part of him was nearly screaming at him to hug her. He wanted to, but another part was screaming at him that she was a woman, and would only break his heart again if he got too close too her. Micah wanted to listen to that as well, but seeing her cry sparked those old desires of having a woman crying on his shoulder. The side that wanted him to hug her was starting to win out for the first time in his life, but he had to act quickly, or it would be lost once again.

And act quickly he did. Micah's hand shot forward as he took hold of hers, and gently pulled her to sit with him. His face was bright red again, but he didn't care at the moment. Once she was sitting down next to him, his arms instantly wrapped around her, and pulled her close to him "Thank you, Celestine. My mother used to sing me to sleep whenever I was having trouble doing so, but she died six days after her final song. I had to cry myself to sleep that night, and desperately wanted her to sing to me, so much that I even refused to believe she was actually dead. So...thank you again for letting me hearing it again after all these years," for once, he spoke with any stutters, but that probably wouldn't ring true forever. Not for a while at least "And...if you don't mind me asking, w-why were you c-crying?"

Her body tensed slightly as Celestine's mind finally registered Micah's hand grasping hers. She began to fear the worst, that she'd struck a chord with him too harshly. And given she nearly tested his limits and patience the first time they met, she almost feared that had finally been accomplished. She swallowed, expecting the worst -- though what exactly that would consist of, even she barely knew. So when she was guided to sit beside him and held close to Micah, she was astonished. This had been one of the last things she'd thought would happen. She hadn't been with the man for even a week yet and he was already allowing this? She blinked a few times, letting the gesture and facts etch themselves into her head. Slowly, her own smile formed as her head relaxed upon a shoulder, her arms gently wrapping around his waist.

"I must admit, I wasn't expecting this quite yet. But ... now that you're reminding me how it feels, I'm remembering why I enjoyed it." This time, though, there were no hints of deceit like her ex-fiance had done so well to keep hidden from her. This was real, sincere and it added onto the more content sensations sweeping through her. Her eyes closed as she sighed softly, trying to pinpoint if there had been a specific concept more than others that made her cry from the song. It wasn't just the lyrics though that was certainly a contribution. It was an odd fact, but she'd noted some of the best-written songs were also the saddest ones. And "Even In Death" was no exception in Celestine's mind and mental book.

Her head glanced gently up in thought. "I guess the last line especially ... struck my own chord it seems. People die but love lasts forever ... it made me think and wonder, I suppose. That's ... pointless to some degrees, I realize. I doubt things would have gone well if I had wound up with Trey but ... I suppose there's that one part of me that asks 'what-ifs' anyways. Does ... that make any sense at all?" She asked, her head resting back upon his shoulder.

Even Micah surprised himself as he realized just what he had done, but didn't pull away from her like he normally would. He had already gone this far, and he trusted Celestine far more than any woman he has met so far. This would probably be the last time for a while that he hugged her, so he hoped she didn't get used to it. She wasn't crying on his shoulder like a part of him hoped for, but this was just as good. He had never hugged a girl besides his mother, and it felt good to hug someone else other than her. His ears perked up when he heard her speaking, and listened to her explain why she was crying "Well, I am going to assume that Trey was your ex-fiance, but it does make sense. I have those thoughts too sometimes where I wonder what if I had seen S-Sarah for who she truly was, and was never afraid of women because her. I have no doubt that my life would probably be tons better, and you wouldn't be sitting right in front me," Micah just had to hug her for a little while longer, but ultimately pulled away, and showed just how much he wanted to pull away and move away from her with how bright his face was. Nevertheless, he had stuck through with it until the end, but it would probably be the last time he hugged her for a while.

"Thank you once again, Celestine. It feels good to hear the song again after all these years," he smiled at her, and looked towards the clock that hung up in the fireplace. He had no idea where the time went, but it was apparently already time for dinner. He had no idea that time had passed so quickly, and didn't even remember eating lunch, but this was actually somewhat good. Now Celestine could taste just how good of a cook he was "Wow, time sure flys, doesn't it?" he chuckled "How about I go make us some dinner? I'll be sure to make a little more than I usual do since we apparently skipped lunch," Micah didn't realize this part about himself quite yet, but surely Celestine could pick up on how he wasn't stuttering much anymore. His sudden movement to hug her must of done more than they both thought it did. Regardless, he entered the kitchen, and got straight to cooking them both a hearty meal. Thanks to their shopping trip, he had a lot more ingredients now, so he was free to go all out.

Their entire meal took him about, but he made them one main dish, Acapulco Chicken, and one side dish, Colorful Zucchini Spears "Dinner is ready, Celestine," he carefully set both dishes on the table, and took his seat. Once again, waiting until she took the first bite before starting to eat "So...?"

A small but affirmative nod was given as he correctly guessed whom Trey was. Her mind began to race and think even more. Was he still alive? Probably, lest someone sent a hitman after him. Though she doubted it; not from her family at least. It'd be an outside source that even she hadn't known of. But even her parents wouldn't have gone that far, or so she liked to believe. No doubt they would have been infuriated to have heard news of her being murdered, the wrath surely increasing if the police had been able to piece together it'd been Trey's doing. But even in such a state, neither of her parents would go as far as trying to get his life ended. Many would have encouraged it, she guessed. After all, those who take lives don't deserve mercy; it was the mindset of many people she'd encountered before. So it seemed like karma-like justice that Trey's life would be taken. All the same, it wouldn't have been from anyone she knew.

Her head shook lightly, deciding to dismiss the thoughts. None of them mattered anymore. "Mistakes are bound to happen. It's how we deal with them after that matters the most, really." She finally said reassuringly, somewhat reluctantly letting go of the embrace as he headed off to make dinner. As he left, she picked the duster back and went to dust the TV off along with any other items in the living room or any other nearby areas within the house. By the time she finished, Celestine was more than ready to eat and sleep. It'd been a hell of a long day. Productive, granted, but still tiring all the same.

Covering her mouth with a hand to muffle a yawn, she walked into the kitchen, keeping the outfit on for now. She'd shift it before falling asleep. Her head lightly bowed as Celestine sent up a silent prayer of grace before taking a bite out of the chicken. Her head nodded and only when she finished chewing did the angel give input. "Mmm, this really is good. Thank you."

After feeling the gestures and seeing all the progress Micah had been making thus far, it made Celestine consider even more giving up her angelic status. She still felt horrid on not having mustered enough courage to hint this. But there seemed to be little point on informing when it was but a possibility. No sense on giving him news that's merely a maybe, right? She inwardly mused, a slow but another affirmative nod being her answer. More than that, she wanted to be 1000% certain of the decision, not even 100%. It was that serious of an idea to contemplate on, much more vital than most other verdicts humans had to typically think on.

Micah smiled once more at her as she told him it was indeed good, and while he had already heard her say the same thing at breakfast. Hearing it still filled him with joy "Thanks! It actually feels good to hear someone other than my own family compliment my cooking for once," his smile stayed on his face as he took a bite of the chicken as well, and loved the taste of it just as much as Celestine. It had that right mixture of being dry, but juicy at the same time. Micah never really had someone to enjoy his cooking with him, and while he would of liked it to be a guy four days ago. He was actually happy that it was Celestine being that someone. She was making him less afraid of women more and more as the days went by, but even then, she was really the only woman he trusted so far. The chick at the grocery store was his first experience with women in a long time, and while he was blushing bright red the entire time. Even he would admit that it was a rather good success. It that was four days ago, then he wouldn't even think about going down that aisle. Even if it was completely open, and all the rest were filled up.

While they ate, the two were engaging in random conversations about this and that, and Micah was even chuckling or laughing at some things. Never before would this of happened in the company of a woman lest it was a family member. It was easy to tell just how much of an effect Celestine had on him, and how much progress he has made in such short time. Soon enough, he was done eating, and had stuffed himself "That was good, and I...enjoyed eating with...you," he flushed once again, but not bright red as usual. It was more of a light blush this time, but a blush nonetheless. He put away his own dishes before taking Celestine's as well, and washing them before putting them away "Whelp, I guess this is good night," he said, after he finished cleaning up the kitchen "Now, I noticed how you were sleeping on the couch itself lately, and while I am sure it is probably quite comfortable. I'll take out the bed for you," he headed off to do just that, and did everything he told her to do the first day she was here "There, that should give you more room to sleep," he smiled brightly at her before telling her good night, and heading into his room.

He changed for bed, and crawled inside the covers. A small smile was on his face as he soon fell asleep, and his good dreams had continued, yet they still confused him. Lately, he has been dreaming about him and a woman with a blacked out face having fun and enjoying each others company. He had no idea who the woman was, nor did he understand why he was having such dreams, but didn't mind them much since they were always good dreams, and never turned into nightmares.

Celestine couldn't help but wonder if Micah's father had been overly judging, strict, or something of the like. Her compliment hadn't been given to just sound nice; they truly had been sincere. So was he being as honest that praise wasn't a common aspect given to him? From what times she had spoken with his mother, though, she doubted his uncertainties had come from her. She was too generous and caring to be picky on small things. Micah would have likely had to have done something severe -- like curse in front of her or make a violent threat or gesture before she'd likely get on his rear at all. Otherwise, she'd seem easy-going for the most part. Maybe she was over-thinking and it was something even simpler? Like the fact that prior to Celestine, he seemed to have almost no one he kept in touch with.

No sense dwelling on any of it ... She inwardly decided, focusing upon mostly her food or what conversations came up. It wasn't but long after Micah finished up that Celestine did also. Her hands went over her head as she bent slightly backwards to stretch. "Mmm yes it was. Thank you." She replied, her gaze noting the dishes she'd eaten from were already being dealt with. Ah well, her turn to cook and clean would be soon enough.

As he mentioned actually pulling the bed out and not using only the couch, her head bowed in appreciation. "Ah ... thank you. You didn't have to but ... it's appreciated all the same." Her eyes quietly watched Micah head up to his room before she went to the makeshift bed and laid upon it, the outfit of the French maid turning easily into that of a nightgown. Her eyes closed and as a soft sigh passed her lips, she began to silently think on all the events that'd happened thus far. Compared to what she'd thought, it had all gone so much smoother than she'd been warned of and even feared. That was a good thing, right?

So why did she feel not-so-content? It was odd and confusing but Celestine couldn't help but wonder if something was still missing. Though what was beyond her. Her head shook no as she scoffed lowly at herself. "Don't be foolish ... " She murmured, falling asleep soon after.

Like Micah, her own dreams she'd had thus far repeated in her mind. The results were also the same ... with the angel waking up with a bit of a start, panting slightly, crying for a few moments at the concept of something that shouldn't even be an option and then falling back to sleep. Even if it hadn't been naturally, her life had ended years ago, the chance of a family fading with it. But the dreams were so ... tempting to take up the only way to even have that possibility back once again. All the same though, what if it failed? What if she just died again upon her angelic status being removed?

Gently pulling the cloth up, she glanced down to see the scar still there from the gun wound her ex-fiance had given her. It'd been a point blank shot and the silencer only ensured she never saw or heard it coming. It wasn't likely the wound would reopen from the change if she took it .. but the fact the small percent remained made her horrified. Her hand trembled lightly as she let go of the nightgown again and pulled the covers over her, trying to think of anything but her past or the dreams that had been trying to aid out in the decision she'd thought of ever since coming down to aid Micah out.

After shaking her head again, Celestine's arms wrapped gently around herself, holding her body as if she were almost expecting Death to come attempt taking her away again. Uneasily - but steadily all the same - she managed to fall back asleep, the rest of the night passing by with nothing more entering her mind.

The days passed again, and it had now been about a full week since Celestine first appeared to Micah. Even more progress was made in that amount of time, and his stuttering around her was completely gone. He was now able to interact with other women a little better, but he would stutter just as he did when Celestine and him first met. She could now be as close as she wanted to be to him, and he would only mind if she was squishing him. It was clear that being with her was making the man much more comfortable with women, but it would still take a while before he could interact with any other woman besides her without feeling a slight hint of fear, and stuttering. Today was her turn too cook and clean, and Micah had woken up rather early in the morning. He had a nightmare, but it was nothing like the ones he used to have about Sarah. It was just your typical falling nightmare, but Micah wasn't the kind of person who could fall asleep so quickly after waking up. So he stayed up, and just watched some netflix on his laptop before morning came, and he started getting ready for this new day. He went about his morning routine just as he always did, but made sure to keep quiet as he still saw Celestine sleeping when he first looked at her.

His final task was taking a shower, and he walked out of the bathroom full clothed to the smell of breakfast being made. He had no idea what she was cooking exactly, but he knew that it smelled delicious regardless "I don't know what you are making, but it smells delicious," he told her as he took a seat on the couch, and was glad to see that she was starting to learn to remember putting the couch back the way it was. He remembered a couple days ago when he first took the bed out for her that she didn't think to put it back inside, and he had to show her how to since that required things just as much as when you took it out. The TV was turned on, and like he did every morning, it was switched to the news as he liked to keep up the current events around the world "So, did you have a good night's rest, Celestine?" he asked, averting her eyes to her before letting them go back to the TV screen.

To say poor Celestine was exhausted by the seventh day was an understatement. It was all in a more mental degree, but it'd still happened all the same. Simultaneously, she was content with quite a bit. The progress had gone even swifter and smoother than she'd thought. A weary but genuine smile was upon her face as she worked on finishing up the bacon for the meal, having finished everything else thus far. It was a classical setup for both American and French breakfasts; hopefully, though, Micah hadn't eaten this too many times that it would annoy him. Then again, that was part of the reason she omitted pancakes for now, to avoid seeming too repetitive.

A nod left her head and it was the television which reminded her he probably hadn't seen it. So she inwardly chuckled at herself and spoke aloud. "I did yes, thanks." After a bit of a pause, she couldn't help but wonder ... was it only her having odd dreams? She had considered asking Micah if he had any but then she'd have to return the information on her own. And she didn't want anything being misinterpreted and causing him to get anxious again. So, even if it was probably against her better judgment, Celestine kept quiet about it and decided if it came up then she would talk. Until then, she wouldn't initiate bringing the topic up.

Finally, the bacon was done and she turned the stove off, setting two pieces on each plate carefully down. Also on the surface were several pieces of traditional French toast and an omelette with cheese inside. It wasn't too big a meal in her mind but not too small ... and hopefully that would be enough to satisfy Micah. Of course, it could have been something else she just snapped her fingers and finish in mere moments. But that seemed .. almost as if cheating to some degree. Moreover, she wanted to genuinely cook. It'd been something she hadn't been able to do since her own life ended so abruptly.

Carefully taking both plates out into the living room, she set Micah's down in his respective spot and sat across. Celestine had personally ensured to already set the silverware down to avoid having to rush back into a kitchen or forgetting it. Waiting for Micah to join her, she then sent up a silent, brief prayer of thanks. She then took the fork and knife and began cutting a bit of the omelette off. When the fork was inches away from her lips, she lightly blew on it to avoid burning her tongue and mouth before biting into it, glancing up every now and again to see if a non-verbal cue would be noted on Micah's face or not in regards to how the meal tasted.

Micah thanked Celestine as she handed him his breakfast, and took his first bite. As always it was delicious, and he might even admit that she could rival his own ability to cook sometimes. It was a scary thought, to him at least, to know that she might of been a better cook than him when she was still alive, but it was nothing that really mattered "Delicious as always, Celestine," he said, flashing a syrup smile. They went about their breakfast making comments here and there about what was being said on the news, and just as Micah took one last bite of his first piece of bacon. He remembered something that he wanted to ask her. It was actually a thought that he had the fifth day she was with him, but he wasn't quite comfortable enough to ask her. He didn't mind much anymore now, so this was the perfect time to ask her "Hey, Celestine, I know you are an angel and all, and technically dead, but do you still dream when you sleep? And for that matter, what do you dream about?" it was perhaps an odd question to ask, but he truly wondered about that sometimes, and he had a possible reason why.

Ever since he started getting those dreams of him and the woman with a blacked out face. He started noticing a few things in regards to her, and Celestine. They both had similar qualities both in looks, and their personalities. He could never actually hear the woman speaking to him, and they never really had any kind of conversations in his dreams, but if she would say anything. It was normally just really really quiet, yet his dreamself would always know what she was saying like she was speaking normally. She looked so much like Celestine, but he wasn't going to jump to conclusions until he was one hundred percent sure. Just recently, after starting to come to the conclusion that she was Celestine, he started questioning as to if he could truly fall in love with her. A part of him wanted to, but another part was scared that she would reject and humiliate him like Sarah did. He highly doubted such things as she was an angel, and it would be wrong for her to do such a thing to him but still. It may take a while before he could admit such things to even himself, but he was going to think constantly about it, and weigh everything first.

The way the question had been worded had no doubt slightly offended Celestine. It was bad enough waking and always recalling she wasn't a human in actuality, only in disguise. She really wished Micah hadn't reminded her by saying she was dead. The rest of the inquiry, though, made her keep the thoughts to herself as she inwardly chuckled and sighed at almost the exact same time. Had he somehow read her mind? It seemed like he had such an ability somehow. If he did .. well it wasn't from herself. That much Celestine knew for damn well sure. A light nod left her head though her gaze remained down towards the food.

"Not normally, no. But admittedly I have been as of late. It's ... interesting, really. This has never happened before. To be a bit fair though, I've never once descended prior till now from the Heavens. So it may just have something to do with being back on Earth for all I know." She paused, trying to think of how to answer the 'what' portion of the question. It felt wrong to try to lie but a bit more to reveal the truth. After all, when everything was said and done, she was still mostly a stranger to Micah. And revealing those .. she didn't want to seem as if she were even beginning to rush things. Or maybe the better wording is she didn't want him fearing such things would be attempted, especially with her still having her divine abilities and all.

Another inward sigh echoed in Celestine's mind as she tried to think how to reply. Finally, she set her fork down. As much as she wanted to try saying even a small white lie, it wasn't her style, her preference. So ... hopefully he was ready for this. "Well .... it's impossible really .. but I suppose one could say it's a vision of a future I could have had. Spouse, children .... " A sad smile crossed her face as she gave a small shrug. "Like I said though .. no real way to make it happen. What of yourself? Have you had your own dreams?"

There, now she'd told the truth and still at least kept away the part which would have otherwise hinted it might be possible to turn the dream into a reality. Giving up her angelic status was still something that had steadily been racing through her mind over the past week. His reaction may better help figure it all out .. but even then, she'd likely need about as much time as he would to adjust to everything overall. Especially getting used to being around and speaking with women in order to fully ease his anxieties on the fairer gender. Just as she was giving him the time and space, she could assume he would return the same respect back.

Her eyes glanced back down as she picked the fork back up and resumed eating. After a bit of hesitation, she added another question that came to her mind. "Did you have an agenda or to-do list for the day, Micah?" It wasn't typical but there were, she knew, other places he had to head to besides the store. And on the off chance this day would be one that required heading out, she would be ready in the blink of an eye.

Micah felt almost bad for asking her such a question because it almost seemed like a touchy subject for her. Still, he gave her a reassuring smile, but said nothing past that as everything sounded like he was flirting with her. He did realize that he was starting to form an attraction to her, but he wasn't ready quite yet for something like that. Then Celestine asked him what his dreams were like, and the question made Micah blush "Well...," a part of him wanted to say what he really thought about what his dreams meant, but going back to him not ready to admit his possible feelings for her. So he decided it would just be best if he mixed his words around a little "Usually my dreams are nightmares involving Sarah, or just nightmares in general; however, I have recently been getting some good dreams, or nightmares that turn into good dreams after a while. One that I can remember is me and some woman with a blacked out face. We are always happy together in my dreams, but she hardly ever speaks to me. Even when she does speak, it is so quiet, yet my dreamself knows exactly what she is saying," obviously, he left out the part of the woman looking and acting a lot like Celestine, but he still told her the basics of the dream "I like it though because they give me something to look forward to, and perhaps a goal to strive for as I get over my fear."

He smiled, but it was mainly towards himself. The rest of his breakfast had been eaten, and he had just put his dishes in the sink when she asked him if he had any sort of agenda for today. Micah pondered over that question as he certainly didn't have to go shopping yet, so he wasn't quite sure on what to do. When it suddenly hit him though, he snapped his fingers and turned to look at her "I know it is still winter and all, but what if we go to the park and walk around a bit? I used to do that a lot with my mother, and friends before that incident with Sarah. I stopped because I kept passing by couples doing the same thing, and women around my age would sometimes try to talk to me; however, I actually have a request for you," these past couple of weeks, Micah had gotten a lot better at being able to be around women other than Celestine. His only experience were at the store and at the cashiers, but now he could sorta talk with the women there. He would still stutter like he did when Celestine and him first met, but he didn't want to run away at those times "Is it possible for you to make yourself visible only to me? Just incase a woman does come up to me, I want to try my hand at talking to her, and I don't want them to think we are dating."

Perhaps this was another case of him going to fast, but he would still never learn to get over his fear. If he didn't try and do exactly what scared him.

... Me? Is that whom he speaks of? It sounded like that but her head slowly shook. If the face was blacked out, it could honestly apply to anyone that had the shy mindset. And that was already a good amount of others besides herself. Besides, wasn't that pushing her luck? Wasn't she just here to help him? So why did she want to do so much more? Celestine was confused, actually doubting herself for once. Was this the real reason she'd been talked about not coming down so much? Because it often had such effects on angels? It made sense. An inward sigh echoed in her mind, an actual one passing her lips as she saw Micah cheating and cleaning his own plate off. The one who did breakfast was meant to do that, and he knew better. "You're not pulling that off come lunch and dinner, Micah." She half-teased and half-seriously said, managing a smile all the same as she finished up her own breakfast before standing up and following suit.

The idea was honestly not half-bad of one despite the season. But with the possibility of making herself visible only to him, her heart .. sank? ... Have I already fallen that quickly? It was definitely ironic and incredibly intriguing. It'd seemed like an impossible aspect, especially with how they first met and reacted to one another. But there were few other reasons she could begin to understand as to why it made her almost physically hurt on thinking about complying with the order. By now, her smile was much more of a fake one than the genuine one she'd had from waking up.

All the same, she gave Micah a nod. "I can, yes. Just be sure that's what you really want. It has only been a week after all and we do have time. I wasn't really given a deadline to complete this, just convinced multiple times not to do this. But if that's what you desire ... I can, yes."

((I have no reason for being so late in my replies simply that I was more focused on other things besides writing. I am deeply sorry, and will completely understand should you not want to reply back, and possibly discredit me.))

Micah blushed as he realized what he had done, but it was nothing that she should worry about "Sorry about that. I guess it was just a force of habit; considering I am a little more used to doing things all by myself than having to share duties with someone else," he chuckled though, and the blush disappeared as she began explaining that she could indeed make herself visible only to him, and a few other things; however, he swore that there was a hint of sadness in her voice, but he dismissed such things as he couldn't see why she would feel sad "I know it has only been a week, but even I know that I have gotten much better than I used to be. I mean, you are a woman, and the only woman at that whom I trust besides my own mother. Before you, I could hardly even look at women without feeling afraid, and while I still do feel a hint of fear when looking at them. I can at least talk to them a little, and I want to test my own abilities this time. I probably will fail, and just blabber like an idiot, but that just means I need to start getting out more, and exposing myself to the world. Maybe this is too early to say this just yet, but..."

Micah turned to be fully facing Celestine, and gave her the brightest smile that no other person of the opposite sex has ever seen "Thank you so much for helping me Celestine. It almost hurts to know that you will have to leave me once my fear of women is gone as I have grown used to having you around. I just hope that I don't forget you when you must leave, and that we can meet up whenever I find my way to Heaven," his smile stayed on his face even as he chuckled, but he headed to his door to grab his coat, gloves, and hat since today was one of the colder days this year "Might want to conjure yourself up more than a sweater today, Celestine. The news said it was supposed to be the coldest day of the week, and while I don't know if angels can get sick. I would rather avoid you running the risk of catching a cold."

Once she finished up with everything she had to do, and joined him at the door. The two headed outside to his car, got in, and were soon heading off to the park. While driving there, he suddenly realized something that he would also need to request of her "Something I just realized is that I need some way to talk to you. I don't want to look like some kind of weirdo talking to himself, so is there a chance that you could allow me to talk telepathically to you?"

A smile managed to cross Celestine's face upon hearing the thanks and explanation on why he wanted all that was being asked of her done. It still hurt her, even if exact reasons weren't quite known. But the ones she'd guessed were likely correct. Steadily, she'd began to fall for him and the concept of giving up her position as an angel was seeming more and more like a good idea. Her heart ached even more as he even went on and said he may actually miss her. Now she felt as if she had to remain .. no matter what. But she had to make damn well sure on that before going and making any overly rash decisions. An inward sigh echoed in her head as it shook gently.

Oh Celestine ... look what you've gotten yourself into now, hm?

Her smile widened slightly and a slow nod managed to leave her head. "It's more difficult ... but not impossible while we're here. We're immune to illnesses of any kind whilst in the Heavens as far as I know. But honestly ... none of that I'm fully certain about." By the time she finished speaking, her appearance had changed enough that she was clad in more appropriate clothing to join him. After abruptly vanishing, Micah would feel a gentle tap upon his shoulder to signal she was indeed beside him and quietly follow him into his vehicle.

"Ah .. yes, yes I can. Just ... have the words echo through your mind and I'll hear them. That's really all it takes." It was a bit of a strain to keep two separate powers active at the same time and definitely something Celestine wasn't used to. But she'd sworn to help Micah in any and every possible way. And damnit, she would keep her promise ... even if that meant risking herself in the worst ways existing.

There was no need for him to speak with her telepathically right now, but he figured that he should probably get used to it anyway Really? It is that easy? And here I thought you were going to zap my brain or give me some of your power or something like that. he chuckled, and kept practicing speaking to her telepathically. Mainly just making small talk with her, but it really didn't take him long to learn. A twenty minute drive later, and they found themselves at the park. Micah drove around the square before finding a place to park, and turned off his car after getting into place. He climbed out, and scanned the area he could see of the park. There were definitely people already walking around, and he did see a couple women walking all alone. That sense of fear came back, but it was weaker than before, and hoped that meant he could at least talk to them now; even if he did stutter a little bit. One deep breath later, and he made his way into the park with Celestine most likely in tow. She had no reason to abandon him now that he couldn't see her, and just had to believe that she was following him So, how do you like this park so far? he asked, after they had been walking for a while.

I used to always come here, mostly when it wasn't winter, as this was the second best thing to help me relax. Taking a brisk walk through this park just has a calming effect on me like snow does. I still don't really know why though, but I don't care much to find out. Micah knew she could hear him by him just thinking about was he wanted to say, but he wondered if that also meant she could read his thoughts. If she did, then not only would she find out that he really wished he could hold her hand as they walked through the forest, but she would also discover just how much he thought about her. Just like she was falling for him, he was doing the same with her, and still had a feeling that the woman in his dream was Celestine. It had to be because they acted and looked so much alike; however, he began questioning his dream now. Celestine was an angel, and he was a regular human being. While he didn't doubt that they could fall in love, surely she would have to leave him, and go back to being angel sometime. Their love just wouldn't work out, but only thought that way because he didn't know of the possibility for her to turn human again.

Nevertheless, after walking for quite sometime, mainly in silence, Micah found himself a bench, and took a seat. Normally, it didn't take too long for a single girl to find him sitting all alone, deciding that he was cute, and sitting down next to him so they could talk. That still rang true it seemed as the same thing happened even now. What surprised him though, was that the girl was the cashier that he tried to approach at the supermarket a couple days ago. He would admit that she was cute, and his face blushed because of it as she took the seat next to him.

She smiled warmly at him, and he gave her a shy, but warm smile back at her. The two talked for a good while, and while Micah was indeed stuttering like he knew he would. She didn't seem to be all that bothered by it, and even thought that it was cute how he stuttered. Thankfully though, she had somewhere else to be, and it was just in time too as Micah was about to say the same thing just to get away from her. Once she was out of ear shot, he breathed a sigh of relief Wow, that was actually harder than I thought. Still, I think I did quite good, he chuckled "By the way, you can make yourself visible now if you want. I think I have gotten enough talking to strangers for one day."

"Mhm. I think this would be where the expression about learning something new every day kicks in." Her head silently turned so that Celestine was gazing out of her window. Her chin rested in her hands as she inwardly sighed. There was ... sorrow? But not from helping Micah. Was remaining unseen really bothering her that much? It seemed as if so which was ... slightly odd. Orders or requests had never had such an effect upon her. And yet here she was, ready to just toss her hands up and allow herself to be visible once again. But out of respect more than any other motive, she restrained herself. Celestine had given her word to Micah. It wouldn't be overly fair to break that promise, now would it? After a few blinks, the park steadily came into view.

A small smile managed to cross her face as she nodded gently. "I can see why it works in a similar way as the snow. It is indeed lovely." When the car ceased completely, she stepped out with Micah and walked quietly beside him, ensuring her footsteps were heard by no one else. When he found the cashier, she remained at a distance, not wanting to add onto whatever pressure and anxiety was likely trying to overwhelm him. The task was nerve-wracking enough. Her presence wouldn't likely aid out; or at least the knowledge that she was so close to him.

Her gaze lowered as they began talking. True, she was invisible still but Celestine didn't want Micah feeling as if he were being gazed upon. When the sounds of footsteps moving away caught her ears, she looked up in time to see the woman leaving. Another nod left her head and soon, Celestine came back into view. Her smile widened slightly as she nodded again, albeit now he could see her do said action. "Yes, I'd say you did well also." Remaining standing for a few more moments, the angel finally found enough within her to sit down beside him. Her eyes slowly closed as she allowed her body to relax and enjoy the peace, feeling a slight breeze dance over her.

A sound similar to a light switch being flipped off would echo in Micah's mind. A few more seconds would hint the telepathic link would have been cut off and there would be no more need for it --- at least not in Celestine's eyes. Her eyes remained shut a bit longer before opening once again. "..Thank you for the trip. This was a nice change of pace." Her head gently rested against the back of the bench, her body now mostly relaxed by this point as she enjoyed the view along with environment.

Micah smiled at her when she thanked him for the trip "No problem. I didn't you would like it much if I went someone without bringing you, nor did I think that I could without knowing you were there to help me out if I needed it," he leaned back as well after speaking, and just relaxed whilst thinking. Thinking about that dream of his that kept recurring, and if he was ready to accept the fact that it was Celestine. He wanted to oh so badly, but was still afraid of that rejection. He didn't want to be rejected; especially by her. That didn't mean she would, however, because there was always that small chance she would say yes. He shuffled those thoughts out of his mind though because he didn't want to think of them right now. Instead, he pondered over if he should ask Celestine if she wanted to walk with him, alone. It would be a bold move for him even though he was asking Celestine. Even before Sarah, he had never asked a girl to walk with him, or do anything with him. Back then, it wouldn't be anything too hard for him, but even just thinking about it was like pure terror to him now. Still, surely he could ask her of all women.

Of course, that wasn't the only thing he pondered. He also thought about if he should hold her hand at the same time. Micah really didn't understand why, but he started to think it might be a good test to see if she would reject him or not. If she didn't take his hand, then he probably wouldn't have a good chance at taking her as a lover. If she did, then there was good chance he could take her as a lover. That probably wasn't true, but he was trying to rationalize things in his brain to make him not so afraid of asking. Just sitting there wasn't going to move things forward though, so he pushed himself off the bench, and blushed a bright red before extending his hand out to her.

"I-I know we technically already w-walked together, but it w-wasn't p-proper," he tried to cover up his blushing with a smile, but it wasn't helping much "S-So, what would you say about w-walking with me n-now?" J-J-Just us?" he asked, his hand ready for her to take should she choose.

Even as Micah spoke, her eyes remained more upon the steadily setting sun. It'd been far too long since she got to see such a view with her own eyes and it reminded Celestine just how badly she missed the simpler things. Slim fingers weaved through her own raven locks, a content smile upon her face despite some bits of sorrow lingering over her. There were some regrets she had, especially regarding her past life. Clearly, her biggest had been being a bit too trusting and kind. But then again, any other woman would likely have fallen for the trap her ex-fiance had laid out so well. He'd been a better actor than she ever thought ... or anyone at that rate. His family and her own were, she assumed, as shocked as Celestine herself.

Had anything been done on him, anyways? Did he ever get found out of his crime? Arrested? Or was he still free with the world ignorant and unknowing? It made her heart sink to even think of the last option but it was probably the most accurate one. A sigh echoed in her head, her chin resting gently in her right hand. Irony and fate had annoying ways of showing up, along with a few other concepts. Karma was another ... and even though he deserved it, she couldn't wish for anything bad to happen. Yeah, her kindness would be the death of her should she end up getting rid of her angelic status.

That sole revelation alone made her slightly uneasy given her mind had been going back and forth between wondering whether to become human again or not. The light creaking noises which suggested weight was being moved off of the bench made Celestine glance up to see Micah standing and offering a hand to her. Her own smile widened. "There's only one thing about the idea .... " Using her left to ensure she didn't slip on the snow, her right gently accepted the offer and lightly clasped around Micah's hand. "If we walk ... what of the car?" She doubted it'd be smart to leave it out here, especially in such temperatures. If he really wanted to, she supposed teleporting it back would be an option. After all, she wasn't too drained to be able to use abilities, though she was slightly pushing it, admittedly.

Despite being quite nervous that he just asked her to walk with him, Micah couldn't help but chuckle when she asked him about his car "I m-mean just a-around the park. W-We c-could walk home, but that is a long way to walk," he chuckled lightly again, and took hold of her hand. It filled him with joy to have her hand in his, but also made him blush even brighter as this was his first time holding a woman's hands who was not his own mother. If this was anyone besides Celestine, then he would probably immediately drop it after he helped her off the bench "Not only that, but we would probably be freezing out butts off before we even got close to home," he was amazed at how quickly he manged to recover from his stuttering, but that was probably because of who he was with more than anything. Nevertheless, he started walking the same path he would take whenever he came to walk here, but wanted to extend it this time. Like stated earlier, it filled him with joy to know that he was holding her hand. Because that meant there was indeed the possibility that he could pursue a relationship with her.

It was nothing that he felt ready to act on just yet, but the feeling was definitely there, and he knew that. They were going to need something to talk about since walking in silence was boring, and he possibly already had the perfect topic for them "You seemed like you were deep in thought before I asked you to walk with me. Would you mind if I asked you exactly what you were thinking about?" if he had known it was about her former lover, then he probably wouldn't of asked; however, he was much more willing to sit down with her, and let her work out all her problems, and vent. Hell, he would even be willing to hold her in his arms while she cried on his shoulder if she wanted to. Something which he had always wanted to do with a woman, but Sarah stopped him from ever being able to do that.

Back
Top Bottom