Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Cheating Death( loneiysong/lady)

There were many perks to living for 23 centuries, and foremost among them was bearing witness to the rare gift of genius. Someone who shrugs off the weight of tradition, and does something that his countrymen think is batshit insane. Thankfully, as Phaedra often thought, it was a good thing she didn't look like a girl who'd served as Alexander the Great's priestess, or saw Caesar's rise to power, or played the very first Juliet for Shakespeare. When people ask how old she was, it wasn't her fault that they all assumed she meant 23 years old, instead of 23 centuries. Hell, she still got carded walking into a bar.

Shrugging out of her winter jacket the tall blond shook her curly hair out as she took off her hat, glaring a little at the bouncer. "Heya, phae.Go on in."He said waving towards the small walk way between the outside door and the main door into the bar. Phaedra smiled slightly,"Thanks, gary.I will."She said sounding like a modern teenager, instead of someone who'd seen Alexander conquer the world, handing over her jacket and gear she headed inside.

Making a living as a ski instructor was probably odd for a woman who'd been born to the sunlight filled land of greece, but Phaedra enjoyed it, and it had been long years since she'd been home. If Greece could be called home. After being driven out of the land by Ares, for the crime of refusing to ben to his will, Phaedra had run, and for centuries refused to return, even if she knew her father was looking for her sometimes, when it occurred him to do so.

Moving up to the bar she smiled a little to herself, nodding towards the bartender as he poured her usual gin on the rocks, sipping it as she watched the crowd. Most of the time she was okay with being as old as she was, but moments like this, even if she enjoyed their company, reminded her just how very alone she was in the world. Watching the young people act like young people, dancing nearly fucking on the dancefloor really, she knew she was to different to ever really understand what drove them anymore, because it had been so long since she'd really felt young. And despite her appearance of youth, she was cut off from the world around her, and she needed someone to help her reconnect, even if she'd never admit she needed help.

Hades had been bored. Extremely bored. Persephone, a close friend, had been badgering him about the state of Elysium, the river, even Charon, it was driving him insane. He needed out. HE needed to go on a vacation where people would have a bit of a time finding him. So without second thought, he informed the Fates and Charon to look after Cerberus and those that had the misfortune to die. He smiled and thought about where best he would like to go.

When he opened his dark brown eyes, he looked around. He was covered in a black down jacket that was properly lined for the snow filled air. A black wool scarf wrapped around his neck several times bringing him warmth that he always felt when taking a stroll through the Elysian fields. He wore black wool pants and some snow boots. He canted his head and looked around. Not realizing he was in the middle of a road until a car honked at him. Waving off the angry driver, he moved to teh side of the road and looked up at the bar. The Sasquatch Bar? Why not. A mischievous grin found its way to his lips as he walked past the bouncer who motioned him on and he was instantly greeted by the warmth of the establishment and the pulsing of what he could only assume as music.

Taking off his jacket and scarf, he put it on the nearest receptical for heavy jackets. Looking down, he was happy to see that he was in a dark grey cable knit sweater that showed off his fine muscles. Moving forward, he sat next to a girl who looked barely old enough to be freshly out of her teenage years. He cleared his throat and motioned for the bartender.

"Glass of Ouzo, please."

Hades had black hair that was short and shaggy and gave him a charm that the other gods and goddesses found different and very disturbing. His skin unlike gods and goddesses in Greece was pale. He wore one silver onyx ring on one of his fingers and then looked at the girl and smiled wider.

"Greetings girl, can I buy you something?" He smiled and watched the bartender prepare his drink.

Phaedra sipped her drink for a long moment before turning to look at the man sitting next to her. Eyes widening a little as she studied him, she wasn't used to seeing such appealling men in Colorado, as it was usually to cold for the men who looked like they should be in underwear commercials. Her eyes flickered over him for a moment before she answered, raising her own glass a little."As you can see, I'm already having something."

The bartender rolled his eyes as he poured Hades his drink,"Phae, can you be polite to no one?"

"I was perfectly polite."Phaedra sighed a little as she finished her drink before nodding,"A glass of what he's having. On him."She said rolling her eyes a little as she picked up the newly poured glass of Ouzo, sipping it before glancing at Hades, her surprise at finding herself drinking something greek showing for a moment before she hid it. Shifting on her seat to watch the crowd, before she returned her attention to the man next to her. She knew she should get up, move away from him,but she couldn't. She was a iron age priestess, and as open as the modern world was about sex, the ancient world had been even more open about it. and well, the man sitting next to her, had sexual appeal in spades. And it really had been a long time since she'd given into her own body's demands for sex and comfort. Not that she wanted to now, it just amused her to play with fire.

"Whatever brings you to Denver?"She asked,tilting her head."I haven't seen you around before."She asked curious.

"So it appears, but that glass is looking a little lonely and should have a companion." He quipped. As the bartender came to chastise her, Hades chuckled and waved her off a bit.

"Please, a little playful banter can be good to the soul. Besides, if she intended that to offend me, she has to put up a bit more of a fight." But the name that the bartender called her made him turn towards her and raise one black eyebrow. "Phae, what a beautiful name. One that I have not heard the likes of which in a very, very, long time." He leaned on his shoulder as he leaned in closer.

Hades watched her accept a drink of what he was having and saw shock flitter across her eyes, but he had caught it and noted it. He was sitting next to a demigod, or a heroine who had not been released to her reward. He smiled watching her shift and moved forward and let his breath carress her ear. He was about to ask her how long she had been restrained to this mortal world when she turned around and talked to him.

Sitting back he smiled. "Same as everyone else this time of year, vacation. I also thought it would be fun to spend a winter solstice up in the hills of snow and my vacation house has been lonely for quite a while." He laughed and then crossed his legs. "Now that I know that Denver has the capability of attracting such beauty, I should come back more often." He reached out and stroked his hand along her skin. His body was unnaturally cold that was why so many of gods and goddesses avoided him like the plague. He wondered how long it had been since Persephone had allowed him into her warm embrace. Far too long. She had found that she much rather take delight in something she coined "Meat Heads" in Jersey.

"I also would love to learn to ski." HE said and finished his glass of Ouzo and leaned back looking at her and motioned for the bartender to replenish his drink.

Phaedra tilted her head a little, "It has not been popular for a long time,but my mother was obsessed with Greek mythology"She muttered shifting slightly away from him as he leaned closer. Even if she hadn't figured out who she was sitting next to, jerking her head away as his breath tickled her ear, giving the man a half glare before sighing softly.

"I'm sure a man like you, is never lonely for long."She said a slight smirk quirking her lips, before laughing."I am sure they would enjoy your company."She said nodding towards the crowd of young beautiful women dancing, shivering a little as his hand touched her, she had a almost unnaturally high body temperture, a legacy of Ares', and the cool touch was nice, which was why she loved colorado. It was so cold most of the year, that it was nice.

Sipping her drink she waved a little, gesturing for the bartender to just leave the bottle before looking at Hades."You are in luck.I know a few thhing sabout skiing."

"Well, a classic name, is a great name." Hades smiled and then noticed her leaning away and then sat up straight and crossed his legs. He smiled. "You would be very much surprised as to how much I am lonely." He said and looked at her. His eyes glowed, he wanted this girl under him, in his bed, or on the floor. Definitely the floor, a faux fur rug in front a fire. Watching her body arch and her mouth gape into a perfect O as her eyes fluttered close in exquisite pleasure.

He looked at the woman and grinned. Her skin felt so warm, it felt nice. He laughed and shook his head. "I would not care much for the company of a mindless woman who wanted one thing in life." He smiled and then nodded pouring more liquid into her glass and canted his head. "Great, I would like to learn, I will pay you." He smiled adn then looked at her.

“Hm, the classics are always the most loved.”She said looking thoughtful before looking at him, eyes flickering over him for a moment as she considered how he’d get lonely. Definitely not something she could see happening a lot. He was to pretty to spend a lot of his time lonely. Shaking her head a little at his words she smirked,”But looking as good as you do, that one thing is probably anyone ever thinks about when your around. Exempting myself of course.”She teased a little before looking out over the crowd.

It’d been a truly long time since she’d enjoyed anyone’s company, and even longer since she’d seen one of her own kind, much less a god. She wasn’t just any demi-goddess like he’d guessed, but she was one of the oldest, one of the few that had survived through ancient times. Most of the current demigods wandering around were results of the gods current affairs with mortals, politics and world leaders were filled with the ranks of the modern demigods, who weren’t aware of what they were really, only that they were better, and therefore they were driven to rule, to control. Phaedra was one of one or two that had survived since the iron age, and she was lonely. Lonely enough that she was actually considering jumping a stranger just to feel connected to someone. Of course, once she figured out who he was, she was going to freak, but well…that was for later.

Raising her eyebrows she smirked.”Is skiing all your looking to learn?”She muttered teasing him a little before sighing softly, tilting her head.”I don’t teach anyone who fails to give me their name.”

He chuckled and then nodded. "Then you can readily see my dilemma and know how hard it is to be me." He laughed and then looked over the crowd once again. Noticing the girls how scantily they dressed even in a cold climate. He took in a deep breath and then leaned back against the bar. Crossing his arms, he felt the warmth of the Uozo begin to warm him from his core. He looked at her and chuckled. When he saw her scared gaze, he could of sworn that she recognized who he was. If he didn't know, then he would have delivered the next bit a bit more gently.

"Ohh honey." He growled and pulled her close. He then leaned into her ear and purred low and seductive. "I thought that you would recognize a god of death. But maybe when I show you the true extent of my powers of pleasure, then you will learn." He whispered to her in Greek. He then leaned back and then smiled. His eyes glowed and he cleared his throat. "My name is Hades," Anyone who overheard would swear that he said a common name such as Henry or Harold. He reached out and moved her to face him.

“So I can.”She said looking amused, because it made her laugh to see so many scantily clad women, even in the cold. Sipping her drink she sighed quietly, turning her head a little as he pulled her close. Shivering as he purred in her ear, eyes widening. “I have to go.”She muttered jerking away from him, and bolting for the door. Not even bothering to try and move unobtrusively through the crowd, instead just shoving her way through. For once so startled and out of sorts that she wasn’t being polite.

Barely pausing to pull on her jacket as she glanced over her shoulder, she knew the chance of actually outpacing a god of death wasn’t likely, not now that he knew she was here, but she had to try. She hadn’t survived as long as she had by getting involved with gods, especially in a way that he seemed to want her to be involved with him. Screwing gods was what had gotten her mother in trouble, and in the centuries since then, she’d found no one that had done well with doing so.

Pausing outside the door she tried to decide where to go before deciding to stay on foot and head for the lodge. He knew she was working as a ski instructor, hopefully he’d assume she wasn’t living there, maybe he’d go looking for a house instead of going to the lodge. At least, she could hope he’d be that stupid, though she’d never heard hades had been stupid. If anything, of all the greeks, he was one of the more clever.

He laughed and then shook his head and looked dwon to his drink and drank it. He felt her tense and thought to himself, "Well maybe she doesn't know". He mentally kicked himself. Watching her go, he gave her a toast as if to say "we will meet again". He turned when she left and looked at the bartender. He slipped him a 100 dollar bill and soon found out where she lived. Hades smiled adn finished the bottle. When it was finished, he walked to his jacket and pulled it on and slipped his scarf around his neck. Preparing himself, he walked out into the cold.

Walking down the street, he walked in front of the lodge and looked up at the many windows. Looking up, he canted his head and smiled. He spoke in Greek and knew that she would hear his voice silent and soothing in her head. "I know you are afraid of me, little Phae, but you needn't fear from me, I will not hurt you. It was a pleasure to see you and I will be here tomorrow for the lessons you promised." He smiled and called himself a cab and rode to his lodge.

The lodge was large and impressive. It wasn't too large, but nice and cozy. He walked to his room complete with a fireplace and lit up the fire. He moved around his room and undressed imagining Phae on her bed stretched out.

Phaedra swallowed hard tense as she heard his voice, cursing herself for being a idiot. Of course he could find her, people knew her in this town, and well…she was the only demigod living here, of course he could find her easily among the people. Swallowing hard as she shook her head she tried to relax, wondering just what the next day would bring. If she was smart, she’d pack a bag and leave, but she couldn’t. Because she had a feeling running would make him curious and make him follow her, and all she could do was hope that he wasn’t aware of just how old she was, or that her father had a dear wish that she would be found. Shaking her head at her rationalizing her need to be around him, she realized she was homesick, and it was making her reckless. Because no matter how many centuries she’d been gone, her heart still called Greece home.

In the morning Phaedra sighed as she got ready, arming herself as well as a warrior going to battle, but not with swords or weapons, but with enough clothes to make sure that he couldn’t touch her, and trying to look unattractive for once. Tugging her hair back into a pony tail she studied herself for a long moment before sighing. No matter what she did, she looked like she did, a 23 year old cheerleader. There was only so much she could do to make herself to be unattractive. Pulling on her winter jacket she headed downstairs, remembering what he’d said about skiing lessons, smirking a little when she saw the man sitting in front of the fire waiting for her.”You know, being who you are, I’d think you’d be lazing around, instead of being up bright and early.”She mused, because she knew that the others as a whole, were lazy. The gods were never known for trying to be productive during the long days of their immortality.

Hades fell into a deep sleep and was for once looking forward to a vacation. When he woke up early in the morning, he stretched his arms above his head. Getting up, he pulled on thick wool socks and moved aroudn pulling on thick wool pants with skiing pants over it. He pulled on a thick sweater and his jacket from last night. Wrapping his neck up in a dark purple scarf, he pulled on a matching ski cap and pulled on some light sunglasses. He set out into the morning, going to the nearest cafe to buy Phaedra and himself a hot beverage. He opted for hot chocolate that was sweet and thick. Grinning, he walked to the lodge and sat there sipping his own drink watching the fire and others.

Looking up at her when she came forward, he smiled. With a broad grin, he moved forward. He raised her drink to her. "I hope that you enjoy hot chocolate. I myself think that I have found my favorite store that makes hot chocolate, its thick but sweet. Just the way I like it." He smiled wider and winked. "I like to be up and working, I always have to do it at home, so I do it here. Nothing like rising and setting like the sun." He canted his head adn then looked over her. "I know you probably won't tell me, but I have to try, why are you so afraid of me?"

Phaedra smiled a little as she realized he was indeed trying to please her, definitely getting her favorite drink was a good way to start. Sighing quietly as she took it from him, raising it she sipped it, before smirking a little at his words.”Hm, I’m sure hot chocolate isn’t the only thing you like thick and sweet.”She said thinking about it, considering what other things he could like, shuddering a little as she considered what he could be doing with his mouth.Definately not something she wanted to consider, not when she had every intention of resisting him no matter what he did or how nice he was.

“you are lord of the underworld, is that not enough to afraid of?”she asked in response to his question, answering it without really answering it. Sipping her drink as she looked out the window she sighed softly, “Are you ready for your lesson?”She said avoiding answering, she so didn’t want to go into this. There was to many things that could go wrong if she discussed why he terrified her.

Hades grinned. He was happy to see that she seemed to enjoy the hot chocolate. HE laughed at her words and then leaned in pulling her hips close feeling the layers upon layers that she actively seperated herself from him with. With a smile, he kissed her ear. "Is that an offer? I would love to taste the honey that comes from you." HE nuzzled her ear and pulled back respectively. He was teasing her, he wanted her to come to her, plead for his girth and his love, his embrace. But he knew he had to be patient and careful. He canted his head.

"Why would one be afraid of the lord of the underworld. Am I known for my villany?" He canted his head and chuckled. He finished his hot chocolate and pulled on some thick skiing gloves. "Yes I am ready." So, he would not get the answers he wanted today, but in due time, he was sure that she would tell him all he wanted to know and hold nothing back. He walked out and looked around in the frigid air and chuckled.

"Where to, Phae?"

Phaedra smiled a little as she sipped her drink,yelping a little as the man pulled her close. Swallowing hard as she jerked her head to the side as he kissed her ear.”Not a offer, just a observation.”She muttered looking annoyed at him as he stepped back before laughing softly.

“Well. Yes,actually. You abducted Persephone, tricked Orpheus into looking back, and according to Disney, constantly trying to outwit Hercules.”She mused chuckling as she finished her drink before following him outside, looking around she breathed a quiet sigh. No matter what other stress was going on, or what was happening in her life, the icy cold of Colorado and the beautiful snow and mountains always made her feel better.

“The slopes. And I shall resist the urge to shove you off it, I promise.”He said snickering a little as she headed for the ski lift, picking up both her personal set of skis and the ones she used for her students. Handing them to him before getting up onto the lift, raising her eyebrows as she waited for him to get on.”Scared of heights?”

"Please, Persephone wishes I abducted her, she just uses Elysium to hide from her mother, Orpheus, he was an idiot, and Disney is a liar. I mean, the Little Mermaid turns into sea foam at the end of the book, she doesn't live happily ever after, do you want me to tell you ow they screwed royally with the tale of Cinderella and Repunzel?" He looked at her smiling almost sweetly. He laughed as they walked outside and then nodded.

"If you shove me off, I will just find a way for you to regret it later, or find pleasure that you did." He laughed again as he followed her. He took his skis and watched the lifts and shook his head. "Marveling at the power that humans had made." He smiled and sat down. Hades grinned and sat down in the lift and then looked at her and canted his head.

“No, I’ve read the original grimm’s fairy tales. No need to tell me what happened to them.”She smirked a little shaking her head as she looked over at him with a smile. Leaning her head back against one of the bars as the lift started carrying them up, before shrugging.”Well, considering it took humanity so long to graduate from the wheel to modern tech, it is pretty amazing. Though, I don’t think the gods can claim credit for it, no matter how much Athena and Artemis say they helped.”She said thinking about her aunts, who were as vain as they were beautiful.

Quiet as they reached the top she hopped down into the snow, smirking a little as she sank nearly knee deep into the snow before sitting down, putting on her skis before glancing over at him.”have you ever tried this before?”

"No, not with skis." He smiled adn jumped off with her and put on his own skis and stepped using the sticks and watched her canting his head. "It was a very very long time since I was in the mortal plane for vacation. Last time I went down a slope was a shield that was strapped to my back." He smiled adn looked at her laughign gently. Canting his head, he smiled and moved to the edge of the slope and then looked over. He looked at her. "Quick give me the basics, I want to go down!" He smiled and looekd at her. His eyes were glittering like a child.

He was bouncing up and down bundled up and smiled wider.

Phaedra laughed quietly as she realized just how excited he was, shaking her head as she moved over next to him, leaning over to look down the slope.”Balance yourself. The worst part about learning to ski is getting used to having them on your feet. More balance on your heels and arches instead of your toes. And try not to lean to far over while your going down, you’ll over balance yourself.”She said explaining before giving him even more basics before smirking.

“Got it? Sometimes the best way to learn, is to just do it.Ready to try?”she said relaxing, and for a moment forgetting who and what he was, content to just teach him to ski.

"Yes, I think I have it. Balance in my heels and arches, don't lean too far forward." He leaned forward and pushed himself forward and leaned forward a bit but remembered adn leaned back on his heels remaining balanced and soon he was laughing like a child feeling the wind hit his face. But he hit a snow drift hard and was lifted into the air, he panicked and rolled and became a rolling white speck. He laughed as he propped himself up and laughed and shook his head and laughed.

Phaedra looked amused as she watched him, watching him go for a few moments before pushing, heading down after him. Laughing even though she looked worried when he hit the snow drift she stopped next to him,raising her eyebrows as she looked down at him.”You know, I didn’t think you’d be able to laugh at yourself. You seem more….relaxed then I ever thought a god would ever be when mortals could see them making a fool of himself.”She teased a little, half serious half teasing.

"Its alright, it's alright. I love to laugh and play." He stood up and looked at her. "Usually when people die, the first thing they want to do is frolick and play. They do not like to be alone and like my company before they find the company of loved ones." He stood up brushing himself. "Gods and goddesses are too uptight when they vacation." He smiled adn moved forward and looekd at her. "You are suprised." He said finally getting the last of the snow off of himself.

Phaedra nodded as she looked at him, smirking a little.”So I am.I never considered you would be this….relaxed. Like I said, gods take themselves to seriously.”She said shrugging a little before scooting back a little.”Come on, lets finish the run, so you can say you got all the way down a mountain.See you at the bottom.”She grinned at him before pushing away, letting him chase her this time. She was nervous now, because she was relaxing around him. And she was very aware that she shouldn’t but he was making it so easy to do so.

Hades saw that she was becoming more and more comfortable around him, and it made him incredibly happy. He smiled adn went back to going down the hill. He had caught on quick and was flying right beside her. He laughed to her and sped past and when he reached the bottom he stopped and turned adn looekd up at her and smiled and waved a bit before lifting the glasses to his head.

Phaedra laughed as he past her, shaking her head in amusement as she stopped next to him.”Are you sure you haven’t done this before?”She said shaking her head a little as she lifted her own glasses, tensing a little as she heard a call of her name.

“Phaedra!Hey beautiful.”The tall well-built man moved away from the lodge door he’d been waiting in, the blond looking as beautiful as Phaedra did, that said there was some divine blood in those veins. “You look as lovely as ever.”The man smirked before raising a eyebrow at Hades, a slight frown on his face.”Hello.”

Phaedra slumped a little, it would have been to easy to keep these two apart. Of course she had to deal with them together. It was bad enough she had to deal with one of loki on a regular basis, toss in a greek god it had a recipe for disaster written all over it. And the fact that they both wanted the same thing from her, well was just going to make this meeting all the more interesting.”Loki, don’t you have your own mountain to ski on?”She said frowning a little at the god in front of her. Loki lived to be a pain in her ass. He kinda reminded her of hades that way.

“Sweden’s to cold this time of year. Colorado’s better.”Loki smirked, refusing to let her glare get to her.

Back
Top Bottom