Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Life Under The Rising Sun (BassEXE x Uranami)

BassEXE

Supernova
Jake Blaze smiled as he turned off his iPod and stepped off the plane. It had taken pretty much more than a day, but he was finally in Tokyo, Japan. He walked through the Haneda Airport, otherwise known as the Tokyo International Airport. "A new life. Just for me.." The crimson haired young man of twenty years mused as he stepped outside after grabbing his luggage from the terminal.

"Where are they..?" He wondered, avoiding a large family of returning Japanese tourists from a trip in America. He was looking for a forty-something Japanese couple, holding a card with his last name.

Jake's life was taking a turn for the better. After an average high school career, and several part time jobs, he was accepted into the prestigious Kyoto University, where he would pursue his core classes, as well as a career in video game design. His tuition would be half paid for, and his plane flight as well. Thankfully, Jake had saved up for the other half of his tuition.

"Come on...." He muttered impatiently.

Kyoko Maeda was running late, and she hated running late for anything. Of course, it had all started because she got distracted at the bookstore, unable to decide which manga she was going to buy - the shoujo romance one or the hardcore shounen one (it was the shonen one - she couldn't resist the danger) but as a result, she was running late to meet her parents at the airport to pick up their new homestay of sorts.

Running a hand through her dark, curled hair, she spotted her parents and waved at them - grateful that they weren't particularly mad at her. Her green eyes twinkled lightly as she looked around, adjusting her skirt and her cardigan before spotting a man who seemed to be waiting for something. Blinking slightly, she looked at her parents and nodded at them before taking the name card and approaching him.

"Are you... Jake?" She asked, tilting her head to the side with her English slightly accented. The girl had studied it quite extensively through the use of tutors and video games, naturally but it was the first time she had ever used it on someone else. He was rather handsome - easily someone she could've seen come right out of a video game or a manga - did all foreigners look this good?

(Look up "Richter Abend" from Tales of Symphonia 2, and just imagine him a bit younger.)

Jake smiled as he looked at a young woman and her parents. "Yes. Are you the Maeda family?" He asked. "Konichiwa. O ai dekite, ureshīdesu." (Hello. It's nice to meet you.) He had studied Japanese extensively before his trip, and he had much of the language down. The young woman was gorgeous, and he forced back a blush.

Mr. Maeda smiled. "Hijō ni yoi Nihon no, misutājeiku." (Very good Japanese, Mr. Jake.) "But you don't have to speak Japanese all the time. We speak very good English." The older man, with emerald green eyes, and jet black hair shook the young man's hand. "I am Tetsuya. this is my wife, Shoko, and this is our beloved daughter, Kyoko." He made the introductions. Jake bowed at the waist. "Thank you all for taking me in." He said graciously.

(Right right! <3)

Kyoko's face lit up brightly at the great use of his Japanese, clapping her hands excitedly. "Ehhhh! Sugoiiii! Nihongo jouzu ne!"(Ehhh! Wow! Your Japanese is so good!) She laughed before looking at her parents while they introduced themselves. Smiling brightly the entire time, she was quite impressed with his language skill. Not many people found it easy to master Japanese yet he had done so with so much ease.

Each time Jake bowed, Kyoko automatically returned the favor. Even going as far as to learn their customs - Jake must've done extensive research and it thus, impressed her even more. "No no, it's our pleasure! I'm always looking to improve my English!" Kyoko said happily, before looking back at her parents, who were ushering them towards their car.

"So what are you looking at doing here, Blaze-san?" She asked politely, referring to him by last name as was only polite of her. The girl wasn't entirely sure of how foreigners did it, but she knew for a fact that they had the tendency to refer to each other by first name.

Jake was wearing blue jeans, fastened together with a brown belt. He was wearing a red tshirt with a black insignia of the Hyrule Kingdom across the chest, as well as white running sneakers, and a black leather jacket.

"Didn't we tell you, Kyoko-chan?" Tetsuya chuckled. "Jake is going to the Kyoto University, just like you! So that will make things easier for us all!" The man laughed happily. Jake was feeling in high spirits as well, having been taken in by such a lively family. "Again, I appreciate you taking me in. My other few belongings will be arriving soon, I expect." Jake added. "Oh, no, Jake-san. Your items have already arrived in advance! We left them packed, so as not to pry." Tetsuya smiled in the rearview mirror.

Jake's eyes glistened. "Dōmo arigatō! Tetsuya-san!" (Thank you very much! Tetsuya-san!) Jake smiled happily.

(Don't forget, you can be the mother, Shoko, as well.)

In contrast to Jake's rather casual dress, Kyoko was dressed as if she had stepped right out of a Japanese fashion magazine. With a cute pastel color cardigan and black skirt, complimented with a white blouse and pink tie and even a little beret on her head. Listening to her parents, Kyoko nodded before looking at Jake and smiling. "Aaah! Sou ka sou ka~~!" (I see I see!) She smiled, hitting herself on the head with a slight bop of her hand on the head.

"It's because you're always busy reading or playing your video games when we talk to you~" Shoko said kindly, although her words were meant to be admonishing. Scratching her head while throwing Jake a rather sheepish smile, she felt her phone vibrate from her bag - in which a range of cute phone charms such as the Umbrella corporation logo and the triforce symbol and little baubles that were made to look like materia.

Reading the message that had come through on her phone, she let out a yelp of triumph. "Yes! Yatto kita yo! Watashi no cosupure zairyou ga kita--!" (It finally came! My cosplay material came!) She grinned before looking at Jake and blushing, realizing her inner geek was showing. How terribly unfeminine of her!

Jake smiled, and had to fight back a blush form seeing her geekiness showing. "(She likes video games, manga, anime and cosplaying too!)" he thought to himself, bashfully and a little lovestricken.

Tetsuya smiled. "I believe the two of you aren't going to have any problem getting along. I will not call you otakus, since that has a negative connotation here in Japan, but you two seem to have a passion for that sort of thing. I lived my early adulthood with the Legend of Zelda on the Famicom. Oops. I guess that would be the NES for you Americans!" Tetsuya laughed heartily. "I actually grew up with Miyamoto-san." he pointed out proudly. "YOU'RE KIDDING!" Jake said, in complete shock. "no, I am not kidding, Jake-san. He and I were inseperable as children. We keep in touch, but we don't see each other as often now." Tetsuya explained.

Jake leaned back in his seat, in total shock. "Wow....Miyamoto is my video game idol..." he said quietly.

Biting on her bottom lip, Kyoko was still smiling rather sheepishly before her father swept in and saved the day, grateful for his little input. "Oh yeah, Miyamoto-oji~ he still sends me the best new years gifts!" She chimed in, fondly recalling the Mario hat that she had sewn for him and he had subsequently sent back to her with a signature and everything. Noting that Jake was in complete shock, she giggled adorably.

"Is that strange? Maybe one of these days you will be able to meet him~" Kyoko smiled charmingly before looking out the window as they drove. She wasn't one to steal glances at guys, but there was something about Jake that attracted him to her - and it went beyond the fact that he enjoyed video games and geeky things as much as she did.

"Mm~ Miyamoto-san~ how I remember when I first met both of you~ would you believe it Jake-san, that I almost married Miyamoto instead of Tetsuya over here~?" Shoko said with a chuckle before patting her own husband on the head. "But I don't regret the decision I've made~"

Tetsuya smiled. "My beloved Shoko." he said softly. He continued to drive carefully, before exiting the district and arriving at a fairly large house. "Here we are." he announced proudly.

Jake smiled. "I'd love that!" His dream was to meet all of his video game idols. Miyamoto was his most awaited idol. "I'm a proud member of Club Nintendo!"

(Sorry it's so short. have to go.)

Shoko smiled at Tetsuya before maintaining her eyes on the road, letting the two younger ones have their own time for conversation. Kyoko on the other hand, kept her bright smile alive and inched ever closer to Jake, their geekiness having acted as a bridge to get them closer. "Yeah~ like father says, we don't see him all that often, but there's always that chance, ne?" She said sweetly before flicking some of her long hair back.

"I like your shirt by the way~ you wear it with so much pride~ it's sort of enviable~" Kyoko said kindly, adjusting her bag so that it sat on her lap instead of to her side. "If I did that, a lot of people would ridicule and dare I say, even accuse me of not knowing what the game was~"

(That's okay ouob)

Jake smiled at Kyoko and sat silently after saying "thank you."

Tetsuya cleared his throat as the car pulled into the driveway of a moderately large house. "Here we are! The Maeda home!" He said proudly as everyone clambered out of the car. "It looks great, Tetsuya!" Jake said happily, going to the trunk to get his luggage.

Kyoko nodded her head again before looking out the window, taking in the sights and the sounds of the city that she loved. Everything about Kyoto was beautiful and even more so when one looked at it with fresh eyes. She couldn't imagine how much Jake must've loved it.

Shortly thereafter, they arrived at the family house and Kyoko let out a small yawn, stretching her body as she got out of the car. She wasn't really one for long car rides, much preferring the train or walking from place to place. "It's not much but it should be enough for you, Jake-san~" Shoko said with a smile before heading to the front door and unlocking it.

"Yeah, it's sort of small but it's no problem, right?" Kyoko asked, going to the back and helping him with his suitcase. "Your room is right next to mine! See that window over there? That's gonna be your window~!" She said kindly, pointing it out with her finger before helping him move the luggage inside.

Jake smiled as Kyoko helped him with his suitcase. "Thank you." he said happily as he ascended the stairs to his room. A bed was already made, and it seems that the Maeda family left him a housewarming gift! A basket full of different manga, anime and video games! He jumped happily and darted to the small basket on his bed, looking at the gifts. A boxed manga set of HOTD, the anime box set of Vandread, and several games that weren't on the American market, such as Namco X Capcom! He looked a little down, however, at this. "Something wrong, Jake-san?" Tetsuya asked, walking in. "It's small, my problem. I really love these gifts. It's just, I speak Japanese well, I just can't read the written form...so I'm afraid I won't be able to enjoy the Japanese-only games as much as I could..." He admitted sadly. Tetsuya scoffed playfully. "Is that all? Kyoko can tutor you!" He said proudly. "Would you mind, Kyoko?"

Kyoko smiled happily as she saw that Jake was rather pleased with his gifts before tilting her head to the side at his rather melancholic expression. She was almost worried that they had purchased the wrong series before hearing his concerns and letting out a giggle. Looking at her father as he spoke, Kyoko nodded her head vigorously and saluted Jake with a playful grin.

"I'd be more than happy to help you, Jake-san! Kocchi ni makasete kudasai!" (Please leave it to me!) She said before patting Jake affectionately on the head. "It's okay, it's not hard~ in exchange, you can teach me to read English better~ it's hard to understand the books I read sometimes~" She said shyly before looking at her parents.

"I'm off to my room! I have to finish my cosplay!" She announced before turning around promptly and running off to her room. It was covered in cosplay materials as well as the almost done costume of a one Meia Gisborn. Smiling happily as she looked at it, she dug around in the room for her box of sewing materials to apply finishing touches.

Jake smiled. "Of course!" he said happily. He got curious and followed her, fixing his long crimson hair, putting the two "strands" on each shoulder. He knocked on her door and entered, and immediately saw the Meia costume. "Un! Anata ni mo vu~andoreddo no fanda!" (Yes! You're a fan of Vandread as well!) He shouted in excited Japanese.

Back
Top Bottom