Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hot Sex on the Range (Prince & LingeringDesire)

tumblr_lk9u53Ejut1qb4ej3o1_500.jpg

Freedom.

Zach Corbett smiled for the first time in weeks as he looked at the open expanse of grassland around him. Not a soul in sight and just a couple dozen of his four hundred head of cattle visible.

He had never truly understood what that word meant until just now. After his mother died ten years ago, his father had sold their lands in Virginia when he was just a boy and moved them out here to Wyoming. He had told Zach he wanted a fresh start and freedom. Zach, being ten years old, assumed freedom meant living rough and without any of the amenities a well to do landowner's son had in Richmond.

Folks out here had thought his father was crazy trying to run a cattle ranch with his only experience being a half-dozen dairy cows back East. But, his father was hard-working and lucked into a good foreman off the bat. They'd turned a piece of paper into one of the biggest cattle ranches in the area over the last ten years. And Zach had spent most of that time on a horse with his father learning how to run it.

His father had been strict and tough on Zach. Rules were plentiful and expectations high. He had chafed under his old man the last couple years as he'd finally grown into being a man and hated how he still treated him like a boy. But now, his father was gone and all this was his. He could do anything he wanted. Freedom meant a fresh start, but also being alone.

His father had been getting those headaches for the last year, blinding pain on his left side. He'd been tough as a mule forever so they'd both ignored it. Then that seizure and the weakness on the left side of his face a couple months ago. The doc had spent a lot of time with his dad that week, but his dad had just said he'd be fine. Then two weeks ago he'd fallen off his horse and couldn't get up. By the time the doc came up from town, a two hour ride, his father had died.

He wished that tough bastard was here with him and regretted all the fights they'd had over the last couple years. About how he spent his free time (drinking in town) and who he should marry (not any of the low class women in this part of the world). Freedom was bittersweet for Zach. The price was too high. He knew he could do anything he wanted, but felt his pa's presence hanging over these grasslands watching him and knew he wanted to make him proud still. He understood freedom now, but also knew it was never truly attainable.

His quarter horse suddenly fidgeted under him and snorted. He was riding a newly broken filly named Sally, spirited, prone to distraction and needing a firm hand on her rein. The kind of horse he liked. He leaned down to soothe her and saw what must have stirred her. A figure riding towards them at a fast clip and clearly in a big hurry.

Curious, he wheeled her towards the lone rider and unconsciously checked the rifle strapped to his saddle. This was still the Wild West and rustlers and thieves prowled the prairie. Although few would be bold to attack alone during daylight! As the man drew closer he relaxed as he recognized one of his ranch hands.

The man, Charles, waved his hat at Zach and reined in his lathered horse.

"Mr. Corbett," he gasped out, breathing hard like his horse. Zach hated how quickly all the ranch hands had started calling him that after his father's death. It made him want to look over his shoulder for his pa. "Sir, a young lady's at the ranch house... she just rode in on the cart of horse feed being delivered from the store. She says she's 'ere to see you and she ain't from 'round 'ese parts, 'ats for sure."

Zach's mind spun in confusion. None of this made any sense. They never had visitors, let alone young ladies. He turned and kicked Sally forward and the young horse eagerly took the line towards home and her stable.

2822685778_e9be51d98a.jpg

~Katherine Elaine (Smith) Corbett "Katie"~

Freedom.

Katherine Smith Corbett smiled for what seemed like the thousandth time that day. The wide flat land stretched out before her and offered up a thousand promises and paths to choose from. It was her time to rise above all of it and shine.

Born in Richmond, Virginia twenty years before the female understood what a hard life meant. She'd been orphaned at a young age, maybe five or six. She remembered having a cold and chasing after her mother when she told her to be good. The little thing could barely walk straight for the fever that burned her up. Of course she was recognized immediately by the sisters that ran the house, her whore of a mother was known the town through.

Although her mother Meg O' Gallagher Smith was a fine mother, never turning her daughter out or any such non-sense. It was surmised that she never got what she thought was a fair price. However, the woman was a pariah for the small community of hard working, god-fearing people. Yes, she went to church, only to sully the name and be tossed on her rump.

Though, the lady her daughter turned out to be was ten times that of her mother. Having sought her out when the time came to leave the girls home, Katie had heard the tale of her mother's untimely death. burned alive in a lantern oil fire above a tavern... she was alone or the male jumped out the window and left her to fend for herself. No tears were shed for her mother, only a understanding dip of her head before she scurried off in search of work.

The home took her in, she would be a fine housemother and had done her job well since the age of sixteen. But, well, Katie wanted more.

Dreaming of marriage and her own family she was elated to see an ad in the local paper. A man had headed west and was in need of a bride. His home was ready and his heart was open, the ad stated. She wrote him and as her luck would have it he returned her letter. As time went on they wrote to one another about daily life. His was as a rancher and her's as a teacher in the girls home. She taught them to be a woman. Sitting with their legs crossed at the ankle, hands folded in their lap and a smile adorning their lips.

It took only a few months and he wrote professing his love of her. She adored him and rightfully professed her own feelings to him in a tear stained letter. They spoke of marriage and the many children he would give her, of things that lovers spoke of and of their future in general. Sitting on the porch in their old age and watching the sun setting over their land, side by side on their porch. Of how he'd provide for her always and love her until he was tucked into the grave.

The official letter and certificate asking her to marry him by proxy came as no surprise. He'd sent her tickets while the snow was up tot he window panes. But when that all melted he wanted her at his side as his wife. Saying he could wait no longer. She blushed and promptly signed the document and filed it with the courts. The marriage license was given to her and she sent him his own copy along with a letter stating how excited she was to soon be at her rightful place.

The terrain passed at her stagecoach window, the air still a bit chilly but the snow was gone. It was the first coach passengers were allowed to be on headed west. Her trunk was sent off ahead months ago and all her possessions had been packed up. Looking so much younger than her twenty years the female ran a hand over her tired face, her freckles standing out more against her pale flesh as the coach lurched in the mud on another muddy road. Thick with ruts and wide puddles. She heard the driver cursing beneath his breath as he passed the window. Averting her eyes she gave him a wide smile.

Luckily he wasn't dropping her off at the nearest town and telling her to find her own way, thankful that Zach had thought ahead and fully paid for door to door service with the company. Including a few nights in hotels. With being married the cost was lesser, no chaperone needed and she was able to travel alone. She grew bored but thoughts of her sweet husband floated in her mind. He'd described himself to her many times... but never asked for a description of her. Broad shouldered, dark hair and eyes, tall and hardworking. It was vague but what he'd said made her smile.

They moved forward, and onward toward their destination, her home. However, this was short lived the next time they were stuck. "This is your stop," He told her sloshing through the mud, her trim waist in his grasp as he set her down on the muddy side of the road. "My coach can't go any farther and your home is just up the road." He tossed her bag onto the ground next to her and with a tip of his hat turned his coach around and was gone.

Katie looked along the road and watched him disappear from sight. It was still early in the morning, just across the boarder of Wyoming and her new hometown. They'd passed town a little bit ago after breakfast, now she stood at a crossroads of some sort and looked in the way the driver stated, "Just up the road," She smiled, anything to get to her husbands warm embrace.

Picking up her bag she started onward, though the just up ahead was a few miles. The two hour drive would easily take her to the next day by foot. Long legs worked to carry her forward, the feet of which were shoved into thick soled brown leather boots. Her brown traveling dress's hem was lifted to make walking easier. Long auburn hair was tucked into a bun at the back of her head, her green gray eyes gazed out to the road ahead of her.

The driver came along after about an hour of her traveling on foot. Her hourglass figure caught his gaze, narrow waist, wide hips.. and when she turned his way, the ample bosom. Sure her coat covered each exposed inch but still, he knew what a figure she had and drooled. he laughed when she told her story of being dropped of, he told her he'd take her since he had a delivery to make for them anyway. He watched her curiously but she held her tongue of who she might be.

Catching one of the hands the man told her tale and pulled on around to the barn while she looked around. Katie dusted off the dried mud, as best she could. The booming cattle ranch appeared sad and lonely, "In need of a woman's touch..." She murmured looking about after leaving her bag on the out of place looking porch. Shrugging she held a pillar and allowed her gaze to survey the land as far as the eye could see. Fenced land for the cattle being sold, she assumed. Barns and other out buildings scattered about but mostly wide open land.

She felt confused, it didn't look overly fancy to her. Like he described in her letters. She shrugged, maybe the seasons made a difference to the look or it was in the eye of the cattle rancher. Biting her lower lip she gave the door to the house a shove. Wrinkling her nose at the smell she stepped across the threshold. Her bag was at her side and soon rested on the surface of one bureau with a long mirror. One room. Not even like a proper house. One room for eating, she glanced at the table and small stove and oven combination in the corner near the fireplace. Entertaining, the couch that looked worn out and in need of a cleaning. To sleeping, Her eyes traveled to the two beds. Two? Furrowed brows on her face as she moved toward them. What she wouldn't give to take a nap... but it looked as though the house needed a thorough cleaning. "I will make you shine..." She stated.

The thundering of hooves caused her to emerge outside once more. One pale hand lifted over her eyes as she saw him. It had to be him. Her heart thundered behind her breast much like the hooves of the horse he rode. "Zach Corbett... It's me Katie..." Her smile was wide, innocent and pure love. Had he been on the ground she'd have toppled him with a hug and a tender kiss, it was their day and tonight... their night. She shivered.

Zach rode the filly hard back to his house, wondering who the mysterious visitor could be. He cantered into the main courtyard of the ranch compound of weathered buildings and saw a lady walking out of his house. He wasn't the best on proper manners himself, but he knew it was a little forward to barge into someone's house when they weren't there!

And the lady herself, his heart skipped a beat. He'd never seen such a creature in well, at least maybe since his days as a child in Richmond, but he'd been to young to take real note of women back then. A strange design and much more decorative dress than the women wore around here, pale skin with freckles sprinkled around it. Those piercing blue eyes that contrasted with her pulled up red hair. And her lips, so sensual and pouty with lipstick on them. Just glowing on her fine boned face.

He pulled up his horse in front of his house and stared at her, their eyes almost level as she was on the porch. To his surprise, before he could even say anything she spoke and knew his name.

"Zach Corbett... It's me Katie..." she said with a distinct Southern drawl. She was definitely not from around here. And she knew his name! And besides that, she thought he should know hers! And the look on her face, it sent chills through his spine. Such joy and happiness, just gushing and overflowing as her entire face lit up in the most gorgeous smile he'd ever seen.

His jaw dropped for a second, the surprise and shock visible beneath his fine beard. His blue eyes widened in surprise.

"Ma'am," he said after his brain recovered, "I'm Zach Corbett that's right, but I'm afraid I don't have the foggiest idea who you are! Have we met before?"

He swung off his horse, boot clad feet sinking into the mud that perpetually covered the courtyard with its heavy traffic of horses and wagons. He could see her surprise and confusion now, the smile fading and the consternation replacing it. He felt horrible that he had caused such a change with a simple statement of the truth.

"Your welcome to come inside, and I see you may already have. I'd love to hear why you are hear and why I should know you. And I'm sorry if this is such a shock to you - I can tell you are upset!"

He gave her the strangest of looks, Katherine smiled wider. Perhaps he had not done such a good job of describing herself as she thought. Unbuttoning her coat at the neck she watched his eyes travel over her, this wasn't happening. Panic caused her to falter, he looked so shocked and... Then it came. The confirmation that he was one and the same. Her lips lifted, almost curled into a smile full of glee. That is until his sentence finished.

Her lips faltered and she worried the lowest, He lowered to the ground and she moved to him slowly. her fingers itching to touch him. Make sure he was real but she pushed the wayward fingers into her jacket pockets, he wasn't ready to receive such a soft touch. She tilted her head up at him. "Of course we've never officially met.. I've lived in Richmond my whole life." Her voice was soft, at least they were alone because her next words were certain to cause a wave.

"Of course I went inside... Zach... If I'm to be living here I had to know what squalor you were bringing me to. It isn't what I expected but it isn't so bad. Please... stop your foolishness and come great your wife." she demanded stamping her booted foot on the porch. She turned from him and moved within the confines of the small ranch. her skirts swished over the floorboards, ones she would spend the next day scrubbing until they shone, or not, depending on how hard he was with her tonight.

Her cheeks heated at the thought. He remained quite, turning she caught the look of disbelief and the questions. Moving to her bag she pulled out the certificate of marriage for one Katherine Elaine Smith and Zachary Daniel Corbett, both of their signatures at the bottom and then the ones that made it official below that. "Did you not receive yours yet? I sent it just after the new year, it was the first time I was able to get down to the court house." She took his hand and helped him out of his jacket and hat, hanging both up she left him to fall onto the rocker nearest the potbellied stove that kept the room warm.

While at the rack she removed her own coat. Her high necked traveling wear hugged her every curve. She spun to face him, but bit her lip to find him surveying the document rather closely. Sighing she moved to the kettle on the table There was a mug already on the table as well as a plate, breakfast dishes? She took them to the overflowing washtub and added it to the stack. "I'm not sure who or how you could forget me... we've been writing to one another for over a year..."

She knelt, lifting her skirts to her knee as she stoked the fire. Soft pale legs exposed to him as she sat the kettle there to warm. Let me fix you some tea and maybe some lunch, and we can talk." She smiled at him rising to her full height and dropping her skirts back down. "Please.. unless you have more pressing things to attend to, then tonight would be fine. At least before bed since I am awfully tired from my travels and if we are to consummate our marriage I'd prefer to be awake for it.." She gave him a soft smile.

My wife?! Zach thought, but didn't say out loud. He was in a surreal state of confusion with this bizarre and beautiful visitor that had appeared out of nowhere and claimed to be his wife. What was this woman talking about? She sure was pretty, but also pretty crazy he was starting to think. He barely remembered to wipe off his muddy boots on the thick bristle mat outside the front door before following her into his house. She had taken over in there already he could tell, with a fire going and her bag partially unpacked.

He took the paper from her hands and read it with widening eyes. "Certificate of Marriage" was the headline. And there was his name right next to a Katherine, that must be her. And sure enough, at the bottom was his signature. He scrutinized it carefully, but it was real enough. How was this even possible? He thought hard about what he could have signed sometime before the New Year. He remember his Dad having him sign a stack of papers for his will around Thanksgiving... could his Dad have slipped this into the stack somehow?

"W-wait! Lady... Miss Katie," he said waving the paper and looking up at her. She was gliding around the little ranch house, cleaning up things and straightening the few belongings he had. And then, she knelt by the fire to put the kettle on and hiked her skirt up a bit. The sight of her pale, bare leg exposed to him was incredibly erotic, the intimacy and casualness it seemed to convey. His voice caught for a long second, having a beautiful woman like her in his house seemed like a pretty nice idea suddenly. But, Zach was an honest man and the whole thing seemed strange and he was instantly worried about some sort of scam, crazy scenarios like his Dad had always warned him about back East.

And plus there was Annie back in town, the general store owner's daughter. His father had not been happy that Zach had been spending time with her and made his displeasure clear with a scathing cut down several months ago. "No Class - I'd rather have you just spend your money on whores for the rest of your life!" But Zach really liked her and had been thinking, now that Pa was gone, about asking her father for her hand. It wouldn't hurt in terms of getting a good discount on goods from the store as well!

But just then as he was getting ready to interject, she talked about "consummating" the marriage and he felt a tingle in his loins as his face flushed red at the thought. If this was a con job she was sure willing to take it all the way. That threw him again and he had to gather his thoughts one more time.

He swallowed and continued, "I'm sorry to say this, but I still don't know what's going on. I haven't written anyone a letter, especially a woman from Richmond, and I certainly don't remember signing it though it looks like my scribble," he gave her a helpless look. "Ma'am, I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but maybe you can show me some of those letters if you have them. It could help me figure things out."

"And we can sit down here and have some tea while we figure this out.. but please let me make it for you as the guest!" he said and hurried over to the kettle where she crouched. He knelt down beside her and found her beguiling eyes and freckled face suddenly much closer than he had expected. For a second he was lost in those eyes and then he shook his head and spoke again, "Please.. sit down, I can handle the tea."

Her soft smile fell, she was near tears. Her hands gripped the kettle, it shook as she turned her head to stare into the small, low flames. It was happening... she bit her lower lip and avoided his gaze. His helpless and pitiful gaze on her. It was so full of sorrow and of nothing more than a friendliness toward her. She closed her eyes, the tears dripped slowly over her cheeks and splashed along the stiff brown fabric of her traveling dress. What was she going to do?

...show me the letters...

hearing his boots shuffle across the floor she dabbed at her face quickly, the last thing he'd want is a helpless female. Her face turned to his, he was so handsome and they were so close. Katie wanted to run her fingers over his jaw, feel his whiskers against her palm and press her lips right to his and make him see her, truly see her. Biting her lip she could only stare at him while her heart beat erratically behind her breasts.

She looked at the tea kettle and then to him, she wasn't so sure. After all it was a woman's job and not a man's. Finally with a soft sigh she stood and wiped her hand along her skirts to straighten them before going to her bag on the table. Katie knew right where they were but it was now a question of which one. Her fingers riffled through the papers she kept bound together with twine. Each sealed in it's envelope. She ran her fingers over the stiff writing of her name on the outside of the one she loved the best.

It's envelope was gray because of so much handling. Sitting in the rocker she shook the parchment out and began reading in her emotion filled voice. "November 7th..."

My dearest Katie,

As I sit at my table tonight I am filled with an ache in my heart. I know that you must feel it as well, at least, I hope you do. The harvest is finished in town, the barn celebration was tonight. If only you could have seen my hands gallivanting around and showing off for all the pretty ladies. Were you here I'd have done the same, but only for your eyes.

The ache in my heart is because it is my hope by this time next year you will be within my home. Your feet on my land and your body against mine. Perhaps by the time the harvest is through next year your womb will be swollen with my child... our child. I do so love the thought of you with child. My coming home to your smiling, lovely face each night. If only it were a possibility now.

However, being the late time of season when we had met I know it is not possible. but soon my dove, soon I shall have you within arms reach and I shall never let you go. My heart beats your name with every passing second and my body longs...

My sweet , sweet Katherine. Please, say you will be mine and marry me before coming out in the spring. It would do my heart good to know how you've pledged yourself to me...

Katie couldn't read much more than this line. The idea of the man that wrote it not being the same as the one that stood before her now tore at her heart. "You... you officially asked me to marry you, it's my favorite letter." The words on the page blurred, she couldn't even look up at him. "How could you do this... sign it each time, with all my heart... I love you. Your Zach." She threw the letter at him and rushed to the porch for some air.

Her heart shattered as she sunk to her rump on the wooden slats, her hands in her face as she sobbed. Katie loved him, this man that wrote to her. This man that wanted her, no one had ever wanted her and it seemed the truth was coming out that even now she STILL wasn't wanted. Katherine stilled in her sobbing, this may not have wanted her but he still needed her, she'd seen the look of his house. Perhaps he would give her room and board if she cleaned and kept up his place.

This rational thinking was calming and it had her thinking that perhaps she'd make it. It would be hard since she was in love with him... but perhaps he could learn to love her, again. With tears streaming down over the apples of her cheeks she felt the sun on her face and a warmth in her heart, she would get through this, eventually.

Zach listened to her read with deepening shock. The scene she described was real. There had been a harvest festival and the ranch hands had all danced. But he certainly hadn't written that letter. He could hear the emotion in her voice as she read, real emotion that couldn't be faked if she was a con artist he thought. She couldn't even finish the letter and threw it at him, storming out to the front porch.

He caught it and held the worn and obviously much read letter in his trembling hands. The script on the letter was familiar instantly. His father's. The room seemed to spin around him and his legs felt weak suddenly. He grabbed a chair for support and then slumped into it with a sigh. His gaze went to the bundle of letters, dozens of them, that she had dumped onto the table. He picked one at random and started to read. Again, his father's hand describing gathering the cattle for winter paddocks and professing Zach's love for her. Another letter with more of the same, branding the calves and castrating them in the summer. Talk about whether she would be willing to come out to their fine and elegant ranch and leave Richmond behind. He gave a little smirk at that because he knew his ranch would never be considered elegant.

He scanned through several more and then pushed them away with a groan. Even from the grave his father had control of Zach's life. The enormity of what his dad must have done came crashing down on Zach and he started to tear up himself. Thinking of all the time his Dad has spent secretly courting this woman, this fine Southern lady, to convince her to come out here and be Zach's wife. His dad had a lot of friends he kept up with back in Virginia and had spent a lot of time writing letters, particularly in the last year he realized. How could he have been so blind and stupid? Even his dad's strict forbidding of courting the local ladies and uncharacteristic encouragement to visit the whorehouse instead started to make sense now.

Zach felt terrible for Katie as he realized the magnitude of the deceit that had been perpetrated on her. On both of them he admitted as he glanced at the legal marriage certificate. But especially on her emotions and heart. She had left what was likely a fancy and upper class life in Richmond to come out to this Western mud hole to be with someone that it turned out didn't even know who she was. Zach, if anything, had a soft heart and resolved to give her the bad news as gracefully as he could and find a way to get her back home and this marriage annulled as quickly as possible. He knew she wouldn't want to stay in their rough house with a man that didn't love her.

He sighed, stood up and walked outside to where Katie sat on the porch, face in her hands.

"Miss Katie," he began awkwardly, unsure whether he should sit next to her and try to comfort her or stand here. Finally he decided to sit by her and placed a gentle hand on her back. "I'm sorry to tell you this, but I think we've both been deceived."

"My father passed away two weeks ago," his voice caught as he said that. It was still raw and fresh. "He'd been sick for a while and always wanted me to marry a proper Southern lady like yourself. We were from Richmond originally as well. He wrote those letters and wooed you, convinced you to come out here and marry me. He based them on me, but I didn't write those things and I'm sorry to say I don't love you like you probably expected. I don't know you at all."

He hesitated as he let his terrible words sink in. "I'll find a way to make this go away. I know this isn't what you expected and you want to go home to your fine family in Richmond. I'll make sure we get this contract annulled and pay for your trip back."

Just then he saw movement out of the corner of his eye and saw a rider approaching from town. He knew the black suit and top hat of the town's only lawyer instantly. At first he was overjoyed at the timely arrival of the man he wanted to talk to, but then his brows furrowed as he wondered what prompted the man to ride up here.

Katie knew it truly wasn't him, any man that loved a woman would have come after her. She felt her heart snapping in her chest, the pain was unbearable. She was in love with him and seeing him in person cemented that. Not that she was superficial, but she knew him. On his chest was a small birthmark that looked like deer hooves, it was in one of his letters. What ever had made him recant his words now was beyond her. The longer he tarried with his coming for her the more she worried and the deeper she sunk into misery.

His footfalls alerted her to his presence, enough to clear away her tears and look up into his handsome face. Her smile faltered when she saw the look of consternation on his handsome face. Immediately she wanted to lift her hands and smooth away the lines of worry. To pull his lips to hers and kiss away the questions and make him forget he was going to break her heart further with his statements of utter foolishness.

Turning her head forward she rubbed her fingers along her dress, his hand was warm and she could feel it as he awkwardly attempted to comfort her. She sniffled, her lower lip quivering as she broke into a semi-restrained sob. Her head fell to her hands and her torso shook, it was happening. This man she THOUGHT she knew was going to toss her to the wolves and force her home with nothing, save the clothes on her back.

His father? Her head shot up, tears staining her dusty cheeks and blurring her bright eyes. "I d-don't..." understand was the word she didn't get out. He softly further explained himself. "B=but I love you... and I know you..." She said softly, brokenly. Her hand lifted to his face, running along the beard he sported. "Doesn't that count for something?" She was a woman in love with a man that didn't even know she existed. It was sad.

Her heart broke, this man's father had written to her and conned her into loving him. She didn't want it to go away. She wanted him to love her back, like his letters said he did. She wanted him to give her children and to provide for her and to... "Annulled?" She gasped horrified at his words. "N-no... I have nothing to go BACK too. You don't understand Zach..." She turned, placing her hands on his shoulders, eyes pleading with him. "You were my last hope."

Even if he paid for her trip back the girls home she worked for was forced to close it's doors. It was the only home she'd ever known. The man making his way to them wasn't anyone she knew, or needed to know, at least she assumed. Her hand found it's way into Zach's giving it a gentle squeeze. He could learn to love her, same as she already loved him. It may have been words written by his father but they were still about him,right?

"Zach... who is that?" She tilted her head as her hands left his to dry her face. She pinched at her cheek bones to bring up her color. Though she was sure she looked a mess. "Should I go get supper started?" She asked hoping to be dismissed from the business of men folk.

Zach was prepared for much of her reaction. The shock, sadness and dismay. What took him by surprise was when she turned to him and placed her hands on his shoulders. The touch was like an electric tingle to him. He had little experience with women, aside from his rough courting of Anna in town and some drunken nights at the whorehouse. Having a pretty woman like Katie touch him and look at him with the expression of longing she had, it was mind blowing.

Last hope? The words rang in his head. What did she mean by that? A proper lady like her had to have a home and family back in Richmond to return to. It created a lot of questions in his mind and he wanted to know more, but suddenly the lawyer he had seen earlier was riding into the courtyard.

"Katie, that's Mr. Barnes, the lawyer in town who is executor for my Pa's estate..." said Zach and his expression darkened a bit as he added, "I bet he knows something about all that."

Mr. Barnes got down and gave a formal hello to Katie as she rose and a friendlier shake of hands with Zach. He was invited inside and soon they were all seated at the table.

"I see you too have met," he said after a bit, looking uncomfortable. "I can't say I agree with what you father did Zach, but I was his lawyer and obeyed his wishes. He wanted you to marry a Southern woman and found Katie himself by a newspaper ad, although I think he thought he knew your family Miss."

Zach glanced at Katie as Mr. Barnes shared this story, but she evaded his eyes.

"In any event, he was alarmed at his health. The Doc said he might live ten more years or die in a month. It looks like the latter was the truth. He commissioned me to rewrite his will and arrange a proxy marriage certificate that he would have you sign last year. I'm sensing he didn't explain it to you at the time," said Mr. Barnes. And then he looked uncomfortable. "He also added a clause to his will, which I was to share with you when she arrived. He's made it a requirement that you keep the marriage with her for a period of at least three months. And that you live together here like a lawful husband and wife and consummate the marriage." He cleared his throat and blushed.

"If you do, full inheritance of his lands passes to you Zach. If you don't,," the lawyer hesitated then finished, "I'm to sell the estate and donate the proceeds to charity."

Zach was stunned. His house. His lands. All of it were at risk because of his crazy father's idea that he marry this stranger from the South. This woman he knew nothing about, gorgeous as she may be. It was a cunning final move from his Dad to get what he wanted and it left Zach with a bad taste about everything. He made a fist and lowered his head on it, eyes closed as he processed the lawyer's news.

"Well, I'll leave you two alone, but I'm bound as executor of his state to enforce his will. I sincerely hope you two meet the provision and find happiness, for both of your sakes," he said at last and stood to leave. Zach was still too stunned to do more than wave at him goodbye.

He turned at last to Katie when they were alone and looked at her with a dazed expression. "My father was a bit of a bastard and liked to get his way. I'm sorry he dragged you into this. I know you can't love me, or at least don't really know me enough to love me. But, I need you as you are the key to everything I own in this world that means something."

He hesitated and looked into her eyes searchingly. "Will you do this with me? I know you must hate my father and I right now. But, I promise if you don't like me or the ranch life, or anything, I'll set you up money to get home and then some. But, right now, I need your help."

"Mr. Barnes," She repeated quietly, her brows drew together in confusion. Katie curtsied, as was proper before fussing over them, gathering the kettle and serving up tea with a tin of cookies she found in the cupboard. She slid into a seat at the table next to her husband. She still liked the sound of the word, but avoided wrapping her hands about his arm for comfort. Looking away she felt a tinge of guilt, one she'd hoped to bury, seemed the lawyer knew about THAT. It was something she hoped to hide, something Zach wouldn't need to know about just yet.

Her ears perked, a clause. Wrapping her hands around her mug she warmed them before taking soft sips of the bitter brew, it needed more sugar. Correction, they needed sugar in the house. Smiling softly at the thought she let it fall away as the lawyer explained that they HAD to be married for 3 months. Living together here and even consummating the union. Her heart sped up, he wasn't able to toss her out or he'd lose it all. She blushed at the words, her eyes flitting over Zach.

Katie wanted to be his wife, to know him and love him and have him do the same. This clause gave them the chance to do and be just that. She sat at the table smiling softly, before jumping to her feet and seeing the lawyer out. Katie closed the door and leaned against it before moving to the table. She wasn't sure what he'd want from her. Surely he saw that he needed her and wanted her in his life, he really couldn't do this without her now. Unless he didn't care to lose everything.

She met his gaze, her teeth tugging on her lower lip in thought. "I'm sorry..." She started to say, but he cut her off. Smiling she sat next to him, waiting. Katie let him sit for a moment while she pondered his words. Looking around the small dingy house, this was home, or at least she could make it into a home. "I will do this with you Zach, it's what I came out here to do in the first place." She looked into his eyes, "You still love your dad, he seemed to know what was best."

She shook her skirts out and moved to her bag, pulling out an apron she slipped it around her waist and tied it off. "I'm sure you have things to do... I have a house to get in order. I will make a list of what I need, if anything. Do you want dinner now or just an early supper?" She smiled and looked in a few things. "Um, early supper because I can't seem to find anything to make quick for you." She moved to his side and cleared away the dishes before pressing a kiss to his cheek. "I'll see you after a while husband."

Carrying the heavy tub of dishes she moved out of the house and into the sunshine. She'd make a few more trips , one for linens and another for clothing. She had so much to do and very little time with which to work. But the troubles of her being sent home vanished and her heart felt light. She had a husband and they were going to try and make this thing work, she hoped. As she washed the dishes over the large bubbling kettle she felt like she was melting away. In the winter and early spring this would be good but as the temperatures rose it would not be a task.

Surveying the land her eyes followed a growth of trees, a river bank, she surmised and knew that would be the spot for washing come summer. Katie made quick work of the linens for both beds and the dust ridden curtains over the grimy windows. They were hanging out to dry when she brought the clean dishes in to be put away before organizing the pantry items in the cupboards. At least he didn't seem to have too much stuff that she would constantly be wading through things to get anywhere.

Zach exhaled a sigh of relief when she agreed. She held all the cards to his life he realized. So much depended on her cooperation now. He would have to do his best to make this tolerable. As he stared into her eyes and her freckled face, his heart skipped a beat. She was so beautiful as well. Might there be a way to make this work? He was a rough rancher now and he was sure she would get sick of life in the West with no servants and fineries, but maybe he could try to convince her to stay? Get her to love him if he loved her?

He shook the thought from his head. It had been an overwhelming day and he didn't want to muddy his thinking. His first goal had to be saving the ranch and that's all he should expect out of his Dad's cruel and twisted last act.

And then she burst into energy, clearing dishes and talking about doing wifely chores. And that quick kiss on his cheek, it left his face burning red for a second and he was glad she had turned away towards the sink and didn't see his schoolboy like reaction. It was very unexpected and he watched her moving around the house with an admiring eye. It had just been Dad and himself for ten years out here with no woman in the house. He realized as she moved how much he missed that presence. Not just doing the chores, but someone who cared about the house and the people in it. Someone who wanted to make it more than just a place to eat and sleep. To make it a home.

And then she called him husband and his pulse quicken and spirit soared again. Since her arrival he had gone from surprise, to dismay, to the fear of losing everything, and now was back to hope of perhaps gaining more than he had ever thought possible.

"Umm Supper sounds fine... I need to go check the ranch hands as I've heard there are some rustlers that took a few head of cattle from our neighbor's herd a couple days ago," he said as he watched her move. "BUt I'll come back early... wife."

He added the wife at the end and let that unfamiliar word roll off his tongue. It sounded good to say, even though he was a little embarrassed. But she didn't seem to react as she had her back turned and was getting hot water ready for the dishes. He smiled at her back and then turned and headed to his horse.

A nice ride would clear his head and get his mind around all the things that had changed for him today.

Katie couldn't help but to smile as she worked, the endearment of wife made her day. She slipped from her thicker sweat riddled dress and into a thinner floral print one she'd had in her bag and set about cooking dinner. In her cleaning and straightening she'd found a side of beef, a jar of mixed veggies and a few potatoes, all of which bubbled on the fire into a delicious stew.

Her face was streaked with flour as she kneaded the bread smooth on the clean and polished table. Setting it aside to rise she grabbed the broom and worked on getting rid of even more of the dirt the males that lived her seemed to stockpile. Her mind flitted over what that night would hold and she blushed deeply. From the first letter where Zach mentioned children she thought of this night.

Her eyes fell to the tub in the back corner of their home, it was something they would use frequently and needed a good scrub as well as some new soap. Smiling she drug the large metal tub to the middle for a good scrub with the stiff brush she'd found under the built in sink. A sink that now shone with a fresh wash, the dishes would be able to be cleaned in the small thing now since she had caught them up.

The house was really shaping up and within a few more days the entire thing would shine from top to bottom. Tomorrow in the morning she would wash the windows and then start scrubbing the floor, god knew it needed it. She looked out the window, trying to gauge any difference in the barn to know if he was coming yet or not.

Scrunching up her face she placed the bread on the hearth to bake and then went outside to gather their clothing. She folded all of them and put them in the drawers, together. All the curtains were hung and the bed was made, everything was working out. Setting the table for the two of them she smiled widely. Settling down with a needle and thread to mend the holes in his clothing and replace buttons while supper finished cooking. If she had a bit of sugar she'd have made a cake, oh well.

Zach took a nice long ride out to find out where some of his ranch hands were. A couple were planning on camping out with a portion of the herd for the next couple nights given the rumors of rustlers in the area. Zach promised to find them and bring some more supplies back tomorrow. He chatted briefly with Emilio, the foreman, and the two men rode back to the ranch house together.

Emilio was half-Mexican and his father had lucked out in hiring a man others had turned down out of bigotry. An honest and hard worker, he had been instrumental to the success of their ranch and almost like a second father to Zach as he was around forty years old. He explained the situation to Emilio as best he could, given how embarrassing it was. As they reached the compound, Emilio grabbed his filly's reins offering to untack the horse before he retired to the house where he lived with the hands. Emilio was a man of few words but he spoke up to Zach before they parted.

"Jefe," he said, using the term he used to call his dad, "If you think the Senorita is pretty and will be a good wife, I think you should court her and make her your wife for real. Good women are hard to find."

Zach thanked him and entered his house. His jaw dropped in amazement at the transformation that Katie had made on his home in the hours he had been gone. He could see the floor again and every inch of the house seemed to have been scrubbed. The beds were made and the tub had been pulled out and cleaned. In the air was the smell of something delicious cooking, bread and maybe some sort of meat? Used to quick meals with his dad or with the ranch hands, it made his mouth water instantly.

He also instantly realized how dirty and dusty he was from riding all day. Just standing in the doorway he was creating a pile of dirt around him that was destroying all the hard work his wife had done.

"Katie - wow, this is incredible," he said as he found her sitting at the table apparently patching some of his clothes. He felt awkward and uncouth in his own home suddenly. "I don't know what to say..."

His eyes took in the new dress she was wearing, a kind of gown he assumed a woman might wear casually in the house. Much thinner and plainly cut, but hugging her figure in a more revealing way than her thicker traveling dress had. And what a figure she had. He gulped for a second, at a loss for words.

"I'm sorry, but I'm a little dirty.. I don't know if I can come in," he said with a grin. "My dad and I didn't mind a little dirt on the floor, but... I should change..." He also should take a bath he realized. That was the typical activity after a hard day on a horse and suddenly he was aware how little privacy he had in the house now with this beautiful stranger there with him. "And take a bath before dinner..." he added, thankful the dust on his face hid the bit of redness on his cheeks at that thought.

Katherine bit her lip when he stood in the doorway, she'd heard the boots on the porch and tried to prepare her wildly beating heart. Her face turned and beamed up at him, glad that she'd made him speechless. She stood to see about assisting him with dusting off or anything else he might need from her. She blushed graciously and approached to place another soft kiss on his cheek, but his words stopped her. Her voice lifted in a pleasant laugh, which faded when his words sunk in fully.

Eyes turning toward the tub in the corner, gleaming with it's scrubbing, and a new cake of soap on the wooden ledge at it's side. "You should come in Zach... it's your home, our home. I will make it a comfortable home for us, our children." She bit her lip gently in thought. I can help you tack a sheet up so we have more privacy... or I can promise not to look." After a bit she figured he thought her untrustworthy and began lifting a sheet up around the beams in the ceiling.

Filling the tub she tried not to be angry at him, he was trying. Certainly he realized they would be seeing each other for bed that night. At least, she hoped he realized. She'd heard the demands of the will and was prepared to perform all of her wifely duties. After all when she first came it was what she'd intended to do, she was his wife. "I'll take your clothes when you are done and shake them off outside. There is a clean towel and wash cloth on the chair there. Your razor is cleaned and on the shelf next to the mirror."

Grabbing his clothing she rushed outside leaving him alone. She needed time with her thoughts. She hung the clothes on the line and whacked at them with her broom in the failing light of day. Tonight should have been magical. More than awkward and hiding behind sheets to bathe. She bit her lip and gathered the clothes. She wedged the door shut and tossed the clothes in the basket to be washed the next day before beginning to light the lantern and the few candles she'd found lying around.

The lantern sat on the table between the beds. She'd thought about scooting them together, but figured she wasn't strong enough to do so. Sighing she fluffed a pillow on one and then moved it to the other bed before giving the sheet a look. He'd not deny her sharing a bed, would he? Confused she moved silently back to the table, grasping the bread in her apron on the way. She wrapped it in a clean towel to keep it warm. "Zach," She asked hearing the water move slightly. "If you are almost finished I can start dishing up supper... or, if you need help..."

Zach helped his wife, he still felt strange thinking that, as they set up a sheet. It all felt so awkward and wasn't sure what the right thing to do was. They were legally married, but complete strangers! And to make it worse, she was undeniably attractive as she bustled around helping him... caring about him. He had thought she'd be more upset, ready to leave upon hearing that he hadn't written the letters and they'd both been duped by his Dad. But, he began to realize that she'd fallen in love with the man in the letters described by his Dad and that she must be clinging to some notion that her fantasy image of him was close to reality.

He felt his stomach roil, imagining how his Dad had likely exaggerated every aspect of his personality. There was no way he could live up to that and he knew one day she would realize he was a simple rancher, inexperienced and uncouth, and his world was rough and dirty. She'd leave him when he didn't measure up, he thought with a new mix of worry and fear entering his mind. He had to find a way to impress her and keep her interested after the glow of the first day faded. He had to do what Emilio had suggested... court her like he wanted to marry her for real.

But that thought brought up Anna back in town and his bumbling courting attempts. God, what was he going to say to her and her father, the owner of the general store! He was so unskilled with women it was pathetic, especially growing up with his father and a bunch of ranch hands. Give him a horse, a lasso and a rifle and he could do anything. Ask him to impress a lady and he was bound to stick his foot in his mouth and follow with the rest of his leg as soon as he could.

He stepped behind the sheet and started to undress. It really covered only one field of view and she could practically see everything if she went by the front door. First off were his boots with their jangly spurs. Tall and worn leather with pointed feet, well used and his most valuable piece of clothing. He tossed those from behind the sheet and then added his wide brimmed hat. He unbutton his flannel shirt next, one of his older ones and full of holes and dirty. He tossed that and his kerchief on the growing pile and pulled off his long sleeved, gray undershirt. He was in great shape from the hard work of ranching and his young body was toned with defined muscles rippling down to the ridges of his stomach. Sitting on a horse required a lot of stomach strength. Next he undid the large silver buckle of his belt and pulled his canvas trousers down. They were rough and thick riding pants that he could wear without chaps if he wanted. Finally he pulled off his underpants and socks, chucking everything onto the large pile of dirty clothing just outside the sheet.

He stood naked for a second rubbing the week old growth of beard on his face. He felt a strange thrill knowing there was a gorgeous lady behind the thin sheet next to him and felt his cock begin to harden slightly. It could get pretty big very quickly if he wasn't careful and he tried to change his thoughts. The outline of that rod against the sheet as he was backlit by a lantern next to the tub would be very difficult to hide!

Just then, one end of the sheet slipped and to his horror he looked over his should and saw Katie turning at the motion to stare at him! At least it was only his bare backside, but his cheeks quickly reddened. He crouched and grabbed the end, quickly pulling it up and then turning as the sheet hid him again to tuck it more securely into the rafter.

"Sorry Ma'am!" he called out, cursing himself silently. He quickly slipped into the tub, feeling the hot water soak into and relax his tired muscles. Dirt shed off the parts of his body, face and hands really, that had been exposed and the water muddied slightly. He took the bar of soap and wash cloth and sat up, beginning to scrub himself thoroughly.

He heard Katie grab the pile of clothing on the other side of the sheet and started to clean himself better than he ever had before. He didn't know what might happen tonight, but he decided he better be as presentable in every aspect as possible.

He heard Katie call to ask if he needed help, and he found himself blushing and his cock stirring again. What did she mean? Then he realized the towel was out of reach of the tub. He had forgotten to grab it when he got the washcloth and he'd have to make a naked dash over to it to get it now.

"Umm, actually Katie," he said with a grin. "I do need that towel over there... I was wondering if you could fetch it for me?" Sitting up halfway in the sudsy tub, everything below his waist was fairly well obscured he thought. She'd just get a sight of his chest and stomach, which was nothing to hide. A lot of guys went shirtless working in the summer and the women seemed to not mind.

Katie didn't understand, while beating the dust out of his clothes she let her tears fall. He'd apologized for letting her see him. His backside was glorious, nothing to hide. Rushing she had run from the room as he yelled out in apology, grabbing his clothes and going.

This man was wanted, needed, by her and he didn't want her back... at least his actions led her to believe so. Back in the house, the act of moving their pillows to one bed was wishful thinking, her thoughts caused her body to gently throb under her clothes. Nipples tightening and perking up against her dress. Biting her lip she kept back a moan as she entered behind the curtain, at his bidding.

Her eyes fell along his torso, strong chest and shoulders. Allowing her eyes to slide lower over his stomach as she placed her hand against her own. He was amazing. The graying sudsy water obscured any further sightings, she still tried. Blushing when he'd caught her staring at him she turned and retrieved the towel. "You needed the towel..." She held it out to him, "I can wash your back Zach... I d-don't mind."

She was staring at him again. If she was true to herself she wanted to climb in that tub behind him... or in front of him and help. Katie shoved the towel at him and ran to dish out supper. "Supper's coming right up..." She whispered before rushing away.

"Someday..." she lamented softly. Someday he'd let her stay, show off for her and let her have him fully. Every part of him. Shaky hands ladled up tin bowls of stew, it was thick and rich and filled her nostrils with it's beefy smell. She cut the bread and spread butter along the top and watched it melt.

While waiting for her husband she pulled her hair down and ran her fingers through it.THen her hands went to her cheeks and dried the remnants of tears. Her eyes fell to the bed, afraid she'd break down if he asked her to return to her own bed... perhaps moving the pillows was bolder than she was prepared to be with him. Sighing she decided to keep it that way.

Looking to the white sheet she chewed on her lip before looking to the chest of drawers. He would need clothes. Rising she moved to the drawers and picked out fresh clothing for him. Undershorts, shirt and pants, as well as clean socks. Piling all in her arms she moved to the curtained off section. "Zach, I have your clothes..." She pushed open the curtain and stepped inside...

Zach smiled and thanked Katie as she brought him the towel. He caught her eyes drift down his body before she left and he gave her a grin. That was more fun then he thought it would be and felt a tingling in his loins as cock began to harden in response to seeing her visibly inspect his body. He slipped out of the tub quietly and started to dry himself, thinking about that look on her face and the little smile she had.

Zach was still in the middle of drying himself, towel behind him and rubbing his back, when he heard Katie call out. Before he could do anything, she had turned the corner carrying his clothes. He gaped at her and froze. This time he was unprepared for her to see him and was fully nude with no water around his private parts. Nothing was covered and left to her imagination. His skin aside from his face and hands was pale and slightly red from the hot bath. His cock, while not hard, had stirred from thinking about the earlier encounter and was swinging between his legs from his drying motions.

He saw her mouth open in surprise and those bright eyes drop down his body to stare at the one dangling and moving bit in her line of sight. She didn't immediately lift them either and he stayed frozen, mind blank and unsure what to do. Finally she pursed her lips in a little smile as her eyes snapped back to his and she coyly averted her gaze to the side and thrust the armful of new clothes she had at him.

He didn't know what to do, but figured he should take them quickly so she could leave. So he stepped forward, towel in one hand and grabbed them from her. Their bodies were close together for a second and he was very aware of how naked he was. She turned and flicked her eyes at him one last time before walking around the curtain.

Zach was blushing now and he shook his head as a smile crept to his face. Legally, they were man and wife and his display should be fine. But she was still a complete stranger and he'd never flashed his nude body to a strange woman before, with the exception of those infrequent visits to the whorehouse. And those women were definitely used it.

He got dressed quickly and came out from behind the curtain.

"I'm sorry Katie," he said trying to look regretful. "I didn't know you were coming..."

Katie watched it swing back and forth. Never had she seen a male nude before, it was lovely. She felt something within her body respond to him, her mouth open she let out a struggled sound of a soft moan mixed with a gasp. Swallowing hard she realized how ashamed she should be for staring at him in this manner, but the thought came to her... this was HER husband. His body was hers to enjoy. Once out of his view her hand clutched at her breast, it was pounding so hard. She took a minute to recover from the sight of him naked.

As she worked at dishing out their supper she tried not to imagine him nude behind the sheet. Silently she wondered if he'd react to her nude body the same. A thought that caused her face to go scarlet. She wanted him, tonight she would have him... her eyes flitted to the bed with the duo of pillows upon it, while the other remained bare. Would he allow it, if only to sleep and nothing more? She bit her lip and yelped slightly as a hot drip of stew hit her finger.

She turned to him, eyes wide with tears. "Please don't be sorry Zach... I, um... I enjoyed what I saw and well, it wasn't your fault." She motioned to the table while pulling her burned finger into her mouth to suck on it gently. Sighing she realized that she shouldn't have enjoyed viewing his body when he didn't think of her as his true wife. Maybe she was only a means to get his lands and money... her eyes dropped from him.

Slipping into her seat she grabbed a slice of bread, buttered it and handed it to her husband with a soft smile adorning her lips. Finishing one for herself she scooped up a spoonful of the stew, blew on it and then ate the bite. Waiting she gazed at him, would he like her cooking? It felt , different.

She dropped her gaze from his, she needed to make this right. Coming up with a plan she stared into her stew bowl. Stirring the contents she bit her lip slightly before glancing up at him. He would have to see her naked, it was only fair.

Zach stiffened when she told him she enjoyed what she saw. He felt his cheeks redden yet again. He felt like he'd been blushing all night and he'd only been home less than an hour! His brain spun as he tried to process what she said. He thought she was going to suspect he had planned flashing her and was trying to seduce her. Clearly he was not that kind of guy.. she had been tricked into this marriage and he wasn't going to take advantage of her just because he legally was her husband! He was going to get to know her like a gentleman and win her love like Emilio had suggested!

He was about to reassure her that he wasn't going to seduce her, but then he wondered if she wanted him to seduce her? He wished he could run out to Emilio, who had been married and lost his wife to pox over a decade a go. Emilio always had good advice about everything and would help him understand this befuddling woman. Did she want him to show her his body? Did she want him as a husband although she had been tricked by his dad?

He sat down at the table without saying anything. The expression "tongue tied" had never meant much to him until this moment. He couldn't even think about what word he could use to start a sentence, let alone what he might say to broach the delicate questions she had raised.

She was buttering some bread and starting to eat the dinner that smelled so good. It was a much nicer spread than any regular meal he ever had with his dad. He looked at all the plates and the silverware and felt a sudden nervousness about what fork and spoon went with what dish. Did he use his normal knife with the butter? None of that mattered with just his dad, but he remembered lessons on such things when he was a kid in Richmond.

He was trying to distract himself with this new problem, but his mind was still stuck on what she had just said. He couldn't ignore it.

"You enjoyed seeing me naked?" he finally blurted out, groaning in his head at his bluntness. He met her eyes though and didn't blush. He knew he probably had a slightly confused expression and added in a slight smile a second later to soften the question.

"Katie, I know this must be tough for you," he continued quickly. "I... don't want you to feel uncomfortable. I'm not the man you thought I was. You don't have to act like you like me if you don't... I won't kick you out...." he let his voice trail off.

Katie blanched at his calling out, she'd expected him to say something about her cooking and well this was just taking a bad situation and making it worse. Wide green gray eyes closed, trying to come up with words that wouldn't sound like she thought of him as a piece of meat. He was her husband and the bible said she was allowed to enjoy viewing him, it was her right as the wife. Opening her eyes when she felt him staring at her she smiled softly, nodding her head slightly.

Licking her lips she grasped her tin cup and tipped back some of the cool tea, her throat was suddenly parched. What did he know about this being tough? She came her so open and ready to be with a man she knew from letters only to find out it wasn't like that at all. What she found was a better looking man than she had read about and so far he was quiet, his letters stated he was such. Well, not HIS letters, but the letters about him.

"The only thing I feel uncomfortable about is that you don't want me like I want you. I'm not acting I genuinely like you... so far your father's letters weren't far off..." She bit her lip, it quivered when she didn't... her nerves were building higher and higher. "Do-do you not want me to enjoy... seeing you naked?" She asked softly.

Fingers gently stretched toward him and gripped his hand. "I want you to enjoy seeing me naked when it comes... it is something that a woman is proud of. I want to be your wife and I am looking forward to that happening, but I want it far beyond the time your father allotted Zach. I am in this for the long haul and I want you completely... whether or not you feel the same, that is the part I struggle with."

"Do you even like me Zach?" Her question was soft, she pulled her hand back from his and into her lap. "Do you even WANT to see me naked?" She gazed into his eyes, but she couldn't wait and rose up from the table to clean the tub and fill it again with hot water, it needed to cool and instead of sitting there and facing him while he scrambled for an answer he thought wouldn't upset her.

Opening the window wide she dumped bucket load after bucket load of dirty water into the waiting barrel. using his discarded towel she mopped up the grime on the bottom of the tub and started filling the tub up for her own use. When she finished she slipped back into the chair and ate her food in silence, listening if he had anything to say but trying not to let it move her one way or the other. Her eyes fell to the bed, it's two pillows... had he even noticed. She shrugged and looked away before eating more.

Zach listened to Katie's reply in growing shock. She.. liked him? She... enjoyed seeing him naked? His felt his cock start to harden at that last revelation. He knew he had little first hand experience with women from growing up with just his dad and a bunch of male ranch hands on a remote ranch. But never did he guess the depth of his ignorance until this moment. His mind spun as every assumption he had made about Katie since her arrival was torn apart as she spoke.

What a fool he was! But, the arrival out of the blue of a gorgeous and beguiling woman that he was legally married to had been such an improbable event that he had assumed it was doomed. He was still expecting her to admit to him that there was no way she'd live in such a rough home and be married to such an uncultured glorified cowboy. He had steeled himself for heartbreak without even considering there might be a chance of her liking him... and staying.

Court her and make her his wife for real. That had been Emilio's sound advice. But never had he imagined for a second that she would be courting him with the same intention! He was about to open his mouth and confess his own attraction and his foolish dream that they could indeed have a life together, but the touch of her hand on his distracted him. The brush of her soft skin on the back of his was like an electric shock. The sensation tingled up his arm, to his spine and then split to go into his head and down to his loins.

Then she stated that she wanted him to enjoy seeing her naked and he felt his cock stir in earnest. Images and thoughts filled his head that he struggled to clear so he could hear the rest of her words. She wanted to make a go of this? She wanted to be his wife. His heart raced and he felt dizzy. Then she asked if he liked her and if he wanted to see her naked. He opened his mouth to answer and was speechless, a cold sweat breaking out on his back as his mouth moved soundlessly like a fish gasping for air. Her eyes were magnetic and he couldn't look away from her. He saw her searching his own eyes to see if he mirrored her adoration and something else, yearning?

You fool. Say something! He screamed at himself, but she stood up and began to empty and refill the tub, leaving him to his stunned silence. He had to collect himself and give her a good answer. An answer that would not send her running back to Richmond because it was too blunt or too uncouth. An answer like a proper man who understood women would give his wife.

He ate his food, which tasted incredible and glanced up at her when she returned. She started to eat, avoiding his eyes in the beginning until he cleared his throat.

"Katie..." he said, eyes meeting hers and full of passion now. "You are gorgeous and amazing. I still can't believe you appeared out of nowhere and are in my house. I don't deserve you and I frankly have been expecting you to want to leave since you found out my father tricked you." He waved his hands at his small home. "I still don't believe there is enough here to make you want to stay, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to try my hardest. Yes I do like you, even though I've known you for a couple hours. You are the fairest lady I've ever laid eyes on and beyond my expectations of what I could ever want in a wife." His cheeks flushed slightly, not from embarrassment but sudden ardor as he gather the courage to continue. "And yes I want to see you naked. I have since the first time I laid eyes on you. Just the thought of it... well I can't think of it because my brain stops working. But I don't want to scare you and I wanted us to get to know each other, because I know nothing about you and you have the benefit of knowing all about me through my father's letters. But believe me, there is nothing I want more than to make you my wife with my heart and not just on a piece of paper!"

He finished his speech, breathing deep from passion and the nervousness he had to overcome to pour his heart out to this stranger. He was surprised he managed to get through it without making a mistake. He kept his eyes on her and smiled.

"Now if you want me to see you naked, this would be as good a time as any."

His voice stating her name caused her head to lift, she'd been mid bite and now sat froze. Her mind working over the expression on his face, she couldn't decipher it. Chewing her inner lower lip she listened. His words made her smile, how could she not want to stay. He needed her, not only for the farm and money but the house was a mess and he needed to be fed. When he spoke of all the stuff he made it sound like so little, when to her it was so much more. She'd never had a home or someone to care for her, that was all she really needed. Anything else was just a bonus. She smiled at him, enjoying the fact that he was going to try his hardest to get her to stay, or keep her there.

Katherine blushed, she never thought she was much to look at but the way he put it she was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. She liked it and wanted to keep it that way. Letting out a soft laugh about his wanting to see her naked she let her tears overflow. They were happy ones and she hoped he knew that with the laugh she continued to give as they fell. She wished she could find the letters she'd written his father, perhaps the lawyer would have them... No. Katie assumed his father would keep them with him, but hidden. She had yet to explore the overflowing desk in the corner. It would be a task for both since she wasn't sure what would pertain to the business and which wouldn't.

It would take time, she knew that. Even if she 'knew' him, the real him wasn't in those letter but sitting in front of her now. His deep breaths signaled the end of his speech and she smiled at him, her hand moving across the smooth table top and grasping his fingers. Strong rough fingers to her smooth and softer ones. Her smile widened, her cheeks blushing crimson at his words of this time being good as any to see her naked. Giving his hands another squeeze she addressed them getting to know each other better, first. "I agree, let's get to know one another, perhaps we can spend dinner and supper time getting to know one another. We can each ask questions and both provide answers."

Pulling her hands back from his she slid to her feet. the floral dress was easy enough to pull over her head. Depositing it to the side it allowed her flesh to be seen, lovely breasts with dusky nipples, a sprinkling of freckles along her shoulders and the upper portion of her chest. They carried on down her arms as well. Her smooth flat stomach, there were no muscles creasing it but it wasn't flabby, just soft and supple to the touch. Her hips flared and pair of cotton panties held their ground. Her legs were long, pale and very feminine with their shape. Dipping low the beauty removed her shoes, then stretched to her full height once more, fingers lifting to pull her hair from it's bindings. The red locks fell around her face and along her front and covered her breasts, save for the lowest swell.

Biting her lip she looked up into her husbands eyes, fingers hooking the white cotton band of her panties. Slowly she slid them down her long legs and kicked them to the side. She stood with her legs slightly apart, the fine red hair covering her pussy was slightly damp with excitement. Katie wasn't sure if he wanted to touch her or only see, she was all too willing to please. She spun slowly, letting him see her from every angle. Coming to a stop she pulled her hair behind her shoulders, "Zach?" The poor girl wasn't sure what else to do. "I can take my bath now unless you would like to see more..."

Zach found her touch on his hands after he had finished his speech to be reassuring as well as tempting again. Her smile and the look of happiness that flashed over her face when he confessed how he felt caused him to react with a smile mirroring her own. And she wanted to get to know each other, which he definitely would like. Although, he still was worried his own life could be covered by saying he had a cattle ranch. What did he do that might be interesting to a refined lady like Katie?

And then she stood up, eyes still on him and her smile becoming different. Sultry and somewhat beckoning. Zach was wondering what she was going to do when she answered him by reaching down and gathering up her light dress to pull over her head. When he had said "now might be as good a time as any", he really hadn't meant right at this moment. He had been thinking about after dinner when she took a bath, but he was not going to correct her. No way.

She only had her panties on underneath and his jaw dropped in amazement as her bare skin was revealed to him. And most alluring of all were the luscious globes of her breasts, stretched high as she pulled the dress off and then swinging back down with a slight jiggle as her hands came back to her sides. They heaved with each deep breath she took and he felt like he could study them all night. But he tore his eyes away to examine the rest of her, gaze hungry and shameless. There were too many details for him to absorb, the freckles on her chest, the flat stomach, the curve of her hips, and those long legs. She let her red hair down and her locks half-covered the breasts, making her suddenly more sensual in what she hid with her own hair.

"You are so gorgeous," Zach breathed out, eyes wide and body stiff with amazement. Just when he thought the erotic vision of female beauty in front of him couldn't get any better, she bent forward, breasts swinging down before her, and pulled down her panties to stand fully nude. As she straightened up, his eyes went to the delta between her legs. He was mesmerized by that tangle of fine red hair and the hint of her sex that it covered as she stood with her legs partly open. And as she turned, seeing her firm and round ass swaying slightly and beckoningly, he found his hand start to rise to reach out and touch her before he caught himself.

Zach had not seen many women naked before. All of them had been the half-dozen or so whores he had visited in the last couple years, a rite of passage for most red blooded and unmarried Western men. And those encounters had often been drunken, in poorly lit rooms, and with women focused more on getting him out quickly than letting him study their bodies. He remembered his first time had essentially been a lifting of the skirt. And, of course, none of them were anywhere near as beautiful as Katie in face or figure. Seeing her standing here, fully naked and happy to let him look as much as he wanted was surreal and overwhelming. He wanted to pinch himself to make sure this whole day wasn't a dream that he would rudely wake up from to an empty house again.

"I.. I can't imagine there is a woman more perfect than you Katie," he said truthfully, eyes finally dragging up to meet hers. "Thank you.. you are amazing." He was aware suddenly of her breathing and the way she stared at him. And his own cock, fully hard and throbbing in his pants. His face felt flushed and he knew he was breathing fast as well.

"I think it's only fair if I return the favor? If you are letting me see you naked like this, do you want me to do the same?" he said, heart racing as he thought of stripping before her. His arousal and lust for her would be evident immediately and he wanted so badly for her to know how much he wanted her. "And then, maybe I can help you with your bath?"

He stood up, bulge in his pants visible and his hands went to his shirt as he awaited her reply. Dinner was forgotten.

Katie stood in his sights, watching his hand raise and then lower. She bit her lip, craving and wanting his touch. "Thank you Zach," She said softly with a laugh, her cheeks brightening in color. no one had ever called her gorgeous or perfect. She didn't cover herself and instead moved closer to him slowly. Her breathing was heavy, as was his. She loved the way his eyes lingered on her breasts and then on her womanhood. Her breasts tingled, the nipples puckering as his gaze had intensified and when his gaze lingered on the space between her legs, she felt her channel quiver. She wanted to hold him in her bare state and let him explore.

"It's only fair..." She whispered mirroring his question as a statement. Katie listened and smiled at her husband. Her eyes flitted over him, lingering on the bulge in his trousers. She stepped forward. "Yes you can help me bathe... but let me." Brushing his hands to the side she untucked his shirt. Fingers slowly working over the buttons before moving behind him and pulling the shirt from his strong shoulders. Her fingers traced over the flesh after putting the shirt on the back of his chair.

Stepping closer she circled his body, her breasts pressing tightly to his back. Her hands traced over the muscles on his stomach. "Your body is so strong, I have no doubt you shall protect me always." She whispered before pressing her lips to the middle of the back. This was the man she loved with all her heart, she knew most everything about him. The letters his father provided were very accurate. However, they never hinted to his whorehouse affairs. In her head he was as innocent as she.

Smiling up at him she moved to the front of his body, so close to the table that the bottom curve of her ass rested on the surface of it. Her fingers shook slightly but her smile stayed plastered to her lips, eyes glued on his. She blushed as the tips of her fingers brushed over his erection as she fumbled with the many ties. "Zach," She whispered softly, her lips pressed tenderly to his chest before she lifted to her toes and ran the tip of her nose in the soft hair on his face. She felt the fabric of his pants slide down his legs and brush against hers as they hit the floor. Dropping down she knelt and urged him to step from them.

While down there she slowly slid his boxers off of his hips and then down his strong legs. The hardness that sprang from his shorts caused her to gasp. It seemed to throb in the air as it hung there. Her eyes were wide, she didn't know how he was supposed to fit inside her. Her lower lip trembled before a shy, nervous smile spread across her face as she rose. "It's so big..." She folded his clothing and placed it on the chair. She slid her hand into his and lifted it to her hip, her hand against his chest. "Bath? or should we finish dinner first?" She wasn't hungry but would eat if he wanted her to.

Zach trembled slightly as he felt her fingers on his shirt. This perfect, gorgeous and fully nude woman was going to undress him. And she was his wife that he had every legal right to take even on the dinner table if he so desired. And he did desire, but he felt no rush and he wanted to treasure this magical moment. It was such a fantasy scene for the young man that he didn't dare break her spell on him. He just nodded and gave her a grin, saying, "Much obliged if you did help, Katie."

He stood shirtless and felt himself growing hotter under her inspection. He could feel her breath on the back of his neck. Was that her nipples pressing into his skin? They were hard as pebbles against the softness of her breasts that now pushed against him. He caught his breath as her hands wrapped around to explore his front, gasping as her fingertips glided over the ridges of his stomach muscles. Her touch felt like hot fire on him, searing his skin with desire and arousal and making him quiver.

"I'll protect you Katie, no worry about that,' he replied in a low tone, finding it hard to even breathe under her attention. When she returned to stand in front of him he found her eyes magnetic and the temptation to look at her body again, while strong, was forgotten as he lost himself in her gaze. He felt her fumbling with her pants, trying to undo his trousers. He almost moved to help her, but kept his hands at his side as her fingers inadvertently brushed and teased his hard cock through the fabric as she worked to undo the ties.

"I want you to see me, every inch as well," he moaned out, gasping as he kissed his chest and nuzzled her face in the hair of his beard. She smelled so good, a mix of perfume and her sweat from traveling that was intoxicating.

And then she was kneeling before him as he stepped out of his pants, his erection tenting his boxers and making that thin fabric strain. When she pulled those off, he flushed and moaned as his cock sprung out to throb and sway inches from her face. The sight of her head and large eyes so close to his manhood was incredibly erotic. He couldn't recall ever feeling so hard and excited in his life and a drop of his pre-cum beaded on the little slit at his tip. He blushed when she said he was big, truthfully he didn't know how he compared but had thought his length and girth might be bigger than normal. At least a couple of the whores had complained and tried to charge him more.

He inhaled as she placed his hand on her hip, her skin was so soft and smooth. Her own fingers on his chest felt hot and he licked his suddenly dry lips at their closeness. He turned to place his other hand on her hip and his cock, so big and straight in front of him, brushed against her stomach before turning upward to rest on her belly. He let out a gasp and closed his eyes at the feeling of the sensitive underside of his cock rubbing against her pale skin.

He opened his eyes when she spoke and asked if he wanted to eat dinner. Dinner? He had forgotten dinner entirely. His appetite now was solely for her. She was dinner and dessert. He shook his head and let his eyes dip down.

"I think we should get to know each other," he whispered back, a grin appearing on his face. "I want to explore you..." he added with a hesitation, "I want to feel your body, every inch of it. I want to kiss you..."

He leaned forward and kissed her, softly and slightly worried she might not kiss him back. His heart raced as their lips brushed and he opened his mouth by instinct, wanting to taste her and feeling his heart begin to pour out into her mouth with every movement as they began to kiss with raw and inexperienced passion.

He let his hands begin to move on her body now as they kissed. He didn't know exactly what to do to give her pleasure, he'd have to learn that and knew he would enjoy the lessons, but for now he just explored her. His two hands moved separately, fingertips and palms touching and caressing her as they moved over every inch of her pale flesh above her waist. Every curve and hollow was mysterious and fascinating, the arch of her lower back, her firm shoulders and neck, her ears, the soft and silky red hair hanging behind her, her flat belly, the swell of her hip bones, her ribs along her side, and lastly those soft and glorious breasts that both his hands now lingered on. He cupped and kneaded them with his palms, feeling their heaviness, until his questing fingers brushed over the hardened nubs of her nipples. He circled them slowly with his fingertips, marveling at how they poked at him, before he finally took them between his thumb and forefinger, gently squeezing them as he felt her respond to his touch.

And his cock, nestled on her belly, seemed to throb with every kiss and touch between them. Just her breathing alone moved it enough to make him moan with pleasure as his clear pre-cum began to smear on her smooth skin from his excitement.

He was lost in the pleasure of their kiss and her breasts, but he knew he had more yet to explore. He hadn't touched her anywhere below her waist and he felt his cock throb at just the thought of moving his hands lower. She was pushed against the table and he grinned at her, breaking the kiss.

"I want to feel you.. to see you down there," he murmured.

Back
Top Bottom