Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Three Way Tie (LingeringDesire and Josu_T)

Samantha smiled as her phone buzzed, she read the message. Pausing on the steps back to class she leaned against the wall. 'Oh boy, I'll be sure to watch my back lol. Last night was amazing, totally worth the bit of soreness this morning. Cant wait for a repeat ;}' she hit send before over thinking, a bright smile on her lips as she moved back to her room.

Her cheeks were flushed a bit, seeing Mark made her worry. Though, it was his problem. But what she had with Phil wasn't exactly a relationship like she wanted. She wanted a man to sweep her off her feet, to only be with her and no one else. She sat down at her desk and sighed, when did love get this hard. Glancing at the clock she sat back and kicked her feet up onto the edge of the desk, her class would be here in a bit but she needed to stretch out her sore body.

The time before lunch drug a bit, Samantha realized she'd left home without a lunch. The idea of a tray from the cafeteria made her stomach flutter. Though the idea of facing Mark was even worse. It had to be done. Maybe a cheese sandwich and a coke from the machine, then she'd have a big dinner at home. She had leftovers from dinner with Phil. Greeting her students she moved around the room and to the board to dissect a poem with the class. With a smile at them as she asked them to dissect the next before moving back to her desk. She checked her phone just to see.

Phil got the message from Samantha before his class started and he smiled to himself. He made sure to set the phone on silent and put it in his desk as the students arrived. He realised he had no lunch as well and it was something else he would need to think about next time he was with Samantha. He had a feeling that if they were together in the evening they would end up staying the night. Planning to meet on weekends would be easiest of course, but he knew that he just couldn't help himself around her and if they ended up together during the week he had to be ready for work in the morning. He made some plans and set them aside as his class arrived.

Both Phil and Mark were focused on the students while they were teaching. They were both good at their jobs despite being young and fairly new at it. They each lectured for a while, then gave assignments. The students worked at their desks and occasionally asked questions. Phil enjoyed helping students one on one. Mark encouraged them to discuss among themselves if they had questions before asking him. He wanted them to learn not to rely on simply getting him to give answers. They simply had two varied teaching styles. When Lunch came both men packed up their things and once all the students left they were able to go have lunch. Phil went off campus to get something to eat while Mark had the meal he had brought with him.

Mark arrived in the teacher's lounge and took a seat at one of the tables. He wasn't sure if he should expect to see or meet with either Samantha or Phil. He didn't see Phil right away, but that didn't bother him. He knew they had a plan to meet that afternoon at the end of the day. He figured it was also good to avoid spending too much time together so Samantha didn't realise that they were friends. That could cause problems. He sighed and just started to eat his lunch alone, realising he was going to have to get used to that.

Samantha moved silently through the hall, her nerves high. She needed to face Mark. Didn't want to, but needed to. Gathering a tray from the cafeteria, a chef's salad and an iced tea, she moved into the teachers lounge. Opening the door she saw him sitting alone at a table. Taking a deep breath she urged her nerves away. Smiling she slid into the seat across from him and attempted to pretend she wasn't sleeping with another male in the building.

"Hi." She wanted it to feel natural and as it he hadn't shattered her heart when he told her he couldn't be in a relationship with her. That he couldn't handle it because of an ex girlfriend. Her lips tingled in remembrance of the kiss they'd shared. She hadn't wanted to wait, Phil was a great guy.. but still, he was no Mark. Opening the clam shell cover on her salad she began cutting and mixing, "So, how has your day been?" She smiled and took a bite, chewing while waiting for his answer and then the subsequent conversation to flow naturally, like it had before all of this.

Mark was staring down at his food and eating it slowly, trying to think about work related things to keep his mind occupied. He was just starting to get a good train of thought together when he glanced up to see Samantha enter the room and walk toward him. He wasn't sure if she was just going to say hello and then leave or if she was going to sit with him. He wasn't sure which he would prefer either. He didn't say anything until she had taken a seat and said hi. He smiled softly at her. "Hi Samantha." He left it at that and let her get settled and get her meal started. He took another bite of his.

When she spoke up again he looked at her and thought for a moment about what to say. That was something new for him. He never had to really think about what to say to her before. He didn't like that change. After a couple of seconds he shrugged. "I guess it has been an ok day. I didn't see you this morning. I guess you were running a bit later than normal." His voice trailed off and he was quiet for a few more seconds. Then he sighed and spoke up again. "I'm sorry if I made things awkward between us. I...I wish that it could be different. I want us to be able to just have things the way they were before, maybe they will be some day." He gave a slight shrug and then looked down at his food, taking a bite in silence.

Relief flitted through her when he spoke, it seemed things were going to be fine. At least this was her hope. She laughed softly, "Yeah I was running a bit late, had a long night..." Sam trailed off, not wishing to rub anything in his face. The silence was a bit forthcoming and awkward, it felt forced and she hated that. Eating her salad she was unsure of what to do or say to make it normal again.

Listening to him she understood he felt just as strange with the way things were now. "Look it's okay, things were kind of up there and now they aren't." She sighed, wiped her lips and placed her napkin on the table. "If it helps I've started seeing someone, it isn't serious... I'm just lonely and well I need someone to fill that area of my life. I wish things were different too." Sam really hated breaking it to him this way... but maybe it would get him off his ass and make him change.

Picking up her phone she texted Phil, "Where are you? I was hoping to see you today, at some point." She hated that she sounded clingy so she revised the statement to, "I was hoping to enjoy lunch by your side, guess Mark will have to do." it sound much more flippant and less needy, while still letting him know she was thinking about him... at least she hoped. "So Mark, I think us talking helped... it doesn't feel as awkward as before. And I think getting Phil off my chest helped a bit."

Mark looked at her as she spoke, responding to what he had said. Then she said something that didn't surprise him, but should have. She talked of seeing someone else. It filled him with relief when she said it wasn't serious. He looked down at the table and sighed. He was about to speak when he saw her typing on her phone. He decided to let her send whatever message she was sending without interruption. He ate in silence. When he heard her voice again he looked up. She mentioned Phil's name and he sighed nodding. "So I guess that new guy got to you fairly quickly." He then decided to take a risk with what he said and he spoke carefully. "Didn't take you too long to give up on me, did it? I guess I could never ask you to wait, but how many minutes did it take?" His eyes met hers and he waited, anticipating her reaction.

Phil got the message and smiled. He hoped she and Mark were getting along fairly well. From what he'd heard about what happened between them before he knew there could be some awkward moments there. He wondered if he should send her a message asking her about Mark and what was going on there, but he knew he couldn't get too pushy right away. He needed to follow his friend's plan. He needed to wait and just enjoy his time with Samantha before the next step. He knew he would enjoy it too. Letting it end, even for a while, would be the hard part.

Her nostrils flared, how dare he? Glancing around the relatively full room she glared at him. "You pig." She said softly. "I waited so many years for you, we got close. Phil asked me out on his first day and told me to take my time. I came to you... you broke my heart. You said you didn't want me." she paused, her expressive eyes flickering over him in disgust. "He was kind, sweet. I spoke to him the next day on our break, you act as though I went running off to him that day."

even now his words hurt her, striking her hard. "I still haven't given up on you, obviously since I said he isn't serious. But it could get there, depends on how open I want to be..." She steeled her jaw and rose. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have someplace less judgmental to be." She walked out nonchalantly, trying to appear as though they hadn't had a horrible moment in the teacher's lounge. Slamming her tray on her desk she paced violently around the small room. He had some nerve, he'd been the one to waste time and lead her on with his silliness. So he didn't want to commit, well Phil was available.

"I'm horny, please come over right after school... The door will be unlocked, let yourself in and meet me in my bedroom." She sent the message, yes it sounded needy and slutty. But theirs wasn't a relationship of flowers, hearts and dinners out. Just rolls in between the sheets and pizza on the counter afterwards. She smiled, pizza for dinner sounded good. Samantha didn't have a clue the two men were in cahoots with one anther, it was the furthest thing from her mind.

Mark had expected her to be upset with what he had said to her. It hadn't even been something he really meant. But it did accomplish what he had hoped. It told him that she did still care about him and still wanted to be with him. She told him that things could get serious with Phil, but Mark knew otherwise. They wouldn't let it get to that point. He watched her walk off and forced himself to stay silent. Once she was gone he stared at his food and continued to eat, hoping that none of the other teachers noticed what had happened. He didn't want to cause too much drama in school.

Phil was eating lunch on his own when he got the message from Samantha. He was surprised by it, but he wasn't going to question it. The only problem was that she wanted him over immediately after school. Of course there was a decent range of time there since teachers often stayed for a couple of hours after students left, but he did need to talk to Mark first. Once that was done he would go to her place. He knew he probably needed to get some clean clothes from home, but if he was going to meet Mark and delay getting to Samantha he wouldn't risk upsetting her by taking even longer. Then he remembered the time he had that afternoon. He would use that time to go home. He smiled and sent a message back to Samantha. "I'll be there as soon as I can be. To make sure I don't take too long getting there, I'm going to use my block off this afternoon to go home and get some clean clothes. I'll see you after school." He hit send and leaned back in his seat, enjoying the rest of his meal.

Back
Top Bottom