Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Two Dollar Bounty Hunter (Candira and ThomasRHellsing)

Thomas popped his back, as he said, "So, when a bounty of mine fled to Feudal one I pursued."

Centering himself he said, "I was arrogant and waled into a massacre, ended up with 12 arrows in my chest and guts, an was bleeding out, when "The Oni" appeared."

Taking a deep breathe he said, ""The Oni" was a swords master and basically the planets enforcer, he is the reason it hasn't become a hive of scum and villainy. He was not amused by my bounties random murdering spree. So, because I tried to help his people he took me to his mansion where he helped repair my wounds."

Thomas Sighed moving through a "Soft" martial arts form, he continued the story, "I trained my skills for almost two years, learning swordsmanship combat ills, it helped me hone my razors edge. I went from being a kid who could kill, to a killer as sharp as any bade."

Sighing he said, "Unfortunately, all worlds have their traitors, Yajimbo was a rival Samurai clan, they've always tried to find ways to make the Oni look weak. I guess this time they decided to cut to the chase."

Despite Thomas' perfect form and elegant show, his explanation of the situation was still a little lacking. There were still a lot of things she didn't understand because she was missing information. That said, she was beginning to understand that there was some sort of honor at stake here. That much was perfectly clear. It was also clear that her captain was not particularly fond of traitors. Then again, who was?

"So, what happened to the Oni? Was he killed? Or am I missing something?" She was trying hard to bridge the gap, but there was definitely something she hadn't picked up on right away. Cora was ready and willing to help him out, but she couldn't be useful without knowing the whole story and seeing the whole picture. She only hoped that she wasn't irritating the captain in his already agitated state. Still, he was so calm and centered. It was odd to imagine that underneath that composure he was very upset.

Thomas realized the mistake, as he explained, "In ancient Japan, the last name was said first for example I would be Hellsing Thomas, Oni was the entire can's name, while the one I knew was the can head, Oni Tiberious."

He started working through a hard for as he said, "Apparently Oni Tiberius is now dead, and the majority of the clan wiped out it's future now weights upon that boy you saw Shi-Shi Oni, and any survivors we can find. However without a clan head the Oni are dead."

Thomas then added the worst part, "And unfortunately Yajimbo was recently in contact with the Kei Pirates, so this could get really bad."

Cortanna "snorted", "Those morons who use "Magic", really Thomas, I thought you were a bit old for stories like that."

Thomas rolled his eyes, "Their are more things in heaven and earth the dreamed of in the minds of an Horatio. Your a sentient computer program, next to a partially inorganic living being, both of you standing in a ship that can fold dimensional barrier in on itself to travel across galaxes very quickly, and really "Magic" is the thing you take an issue with."

"I see. So you're plan is to take out an entire clan of samurai? Who may have back up from the most notorious group of space pirates known to man?" She pondered this for a moment, knowing full well that the odds were most decidedly against them. She also knew that no matter what she said or did, there was no way Thomas would walk away from this. Honor was at stake, and though he had proven his love for violence, Thomas was also an honorable man. When he'd first met Cora, he'd held himself back. He hadn't acted on his urges to touch her in any way until he was literally on top of her. If she had asked him to stop, she had no doubt that he would have. So she sighed softly and shook her head.

"I'm in. But we're going to need help. As much as I believe in you, you can't take it all on by yourself, even with this ship."

Thomas snorted, "Cortana let's show our dear bio android how I'll handle this shall we, make a pirate, and a samurai."

The computer image flashed, and Thomas drew the Scimitar from the wall sword holder. The pirate chanted and Thomas moved forward. Smirking he said, "Big secret about ass holes like these, B.O.W., Zombies, demons, humans, gang members etc. etc, watch."

Thomas went low and brought his blade up through bother hard light projection's necks. Their heads flew through the air. Thomas smirked as they hit the ground and bounced a bit before rolling. Smirking he said, "Their powerless without their heads."

Thomas polished the blade. Cortana sighed, "Your better off just accepting that's his solution Bio-babe, to you or me the idea that "Their powerless without their heads", isn't a game plan, a solution, or a battle idea, but to him?"

Cortanna shook her blue head, "To him "Powerless without their heads" is practically a mission statement."

Thomas shrugged, "It's true babes, man, machine, or god, cut off it's head, will at the very least cause it some issues."

Cortanna sighed, "Sometimes you make me wish I was solid, so I could bang my head against a wall."

Thomas rolled his eyes "Drama queen, I've dealt with the Kei pirates before knowing an enchanter that does good work has it's uses."

Cortanna blinked, "What?"

Thomas smirked, "Kei Pirates use energy manipulation for their magic, some people use similar spells and store them in Caster Bullets, their are also some individuals who can scribe ant magic formula into metal, turning that whole slow magical energy int paper and my badass words into well badass swords."

Thoas held his hands together saying, "Besides if we run into real issues"

Breathing deep he remembered what the old sage so long ago had said and spoke in a steady tone "Uma-guayguay, fi di sao, Uma-guayguay, fi di sao, Uma-guayguay, fi di sao, Uma-guayguay, fi di sao, Uma-guayguay, fi di sao, Uma-guayguay, fi di sao!"

Slowly but surely a neon green ball of pure energy was forming between Thomas's hands. He was dripping in sweat. His voice had grown louder with each repetition. The ball was about the size of a gold ball. Yanking his hand back he tossed the thing like a soft ball. It flew straight and true nailing the wall and exploding hard enough to char the wall. Thomas dropped to his knees. Breathing heavily he said, "Fuck, that's always such a pain in the ass."

Cortanna blinked, "Your vitals are spiking, whatever you just did drained your body."

Thomas nodded, "Zen Magic, similar to Tao Magic but whee Tao magic forces the universe to act how it wants Zen is more about asking it's Tao's natural enemy a far as things go."

Cortanna's eyes were wide, "Can you teach Cora?"

Thomas shrugged, "I don't' know if she could do it, even if she wanted too the most key ingredient is faith, and a connection to nature that all life has."

((Sorry for such a long delay. I've had a busy few days.))

The demonstrations seemed unnecessary, and the plan was probably overly simple for what they were about to face. As much as she loved her captain, he wasn't the best at planning things out--especially on a large scale such as this. "Well, pretty much everything is powerless without its head, captain. The problem is beheading such a large number of highly trained individuals." She rubbed her temples as Cortana said aloud what she already knew--this was as much of a plan as Thomas needed, and they would be going in with that mentality anyway.

Sighing, Cora considered caster bullets and began to hope for a simpler solution. She knew exactly what they were and knew that they were rare. Even if the caster's were effective, getting your hands on that many of them was the dream of a madman. It was nigh impossible to do, let alone to do it quickly.

In any case, the Zen magic seemed far more draining than useful. It was a powerful force, but she doubted it was sustainable enough to really help the two of them here. Still, Thomas wasn't without strategies of his own. And based on the readings she'd taken and the updated information she had, it looked as though she might be able to learn the skill for him. At the very least, he could survive if she didn't.

"There's no point in not teaching me. If I can't do it, I can't do it. But if I can, you'll have gained a valuable asset."

Thomas sighed, "I can't teach you, because to teach something you have to know about it, I can do it, but it's not right."

Trying to think how to describe it he said, "Magic is as much religion, science, and will power as anything else."

Thinking he said, "I can do it through what's know as, "Being a stubborn mother fucker", that means I have absolute faith in myself, and when I will the energy to react, with my entire consciousness it reacts."

Nodding he said, "The true master the people qualified to teach it, will tell you what I do is to magic, as pouring back powder into a lead pipe makes you a munitions expert."

Waking over to the armory, he typed in a code, and used an eye scan. When he opened the thing two chest bandoleers and two bet style bandoleers were present. Along with two caster guns in holsters. Thomas smirked as he said, "Rule one newbie, when it comes to Hell Hands, no such thing as over kill, only "Are they dead" and "I think their ashes are twitching"."

Back
Top Bottom