Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Game Store Girl (Sho and Zombie)

Tainted Rainbows

Supernova
Samantha was having a wonderful day so far. There had been a Magic tournament earlier that day and the left over people were just finishing up their games before they left. Sam smiled, waving her goodbyes as they left and began to sweep the floors and straighten up a bit. She brushed her short red hair out of her face as she did pausing to look around the store.

Sam would be what people considered a tomboy. She wasn’t manly by any means; she just didn’t have the most lady like habits. She didn’t brush her hair if she could help it, she would burp in front of her friends and think nothing of it, and she was really big into video games. Those kinds of things. Being raised with three brothers would do that to a girl though. She was always lumped in as ‘one of the guys’. And she had grown to be alright with that. But now that she was grown, she couldn’t do some of the things she liked to do when she was real little. Not wearing a shirt was viewed much differently from when you’re 5 and flat chested to when you 21 and have 34C breasts. But that didn’t stop her from walking around her house naked. Her cat didn’t care and that was good enough for her.

Today Sam was wearing an adventure time shirt that was definitely a little boys shirt. But at only 5’3” and 110lbs she could easily fit into it. With that went some nice jeans and some plain black shoes and those were her work clothes. She finished sweeping and walked back behind the counter to process some newly traded games until customers came in that she could help.

((I am going to slowly introduce myself until we're alone; I am going to walk in with a friend who I argue with before he leaves and it's just us.))

"Scripting much?"

"Well maybe since FIFA 10, but they're likely going to pass it on to FIFA 14..." Zack said as he rolled his eyes.

Zack opened the door and walked into the store with his friend Jake, who was arguing with him over the issues with EA. Zack clearly was displeased about something as he spoke aloud.

"I swear that if Falcao was Argentinean or Brazilian, then they would actually get his stats right..." Zack complained.

"Hey, that's why I don't play sports games; comparison to the real world with real figures is stupid..."

"Keep a open mind would you? A bit of sport would help you get muscles..." Zack pointed out to Jake, who was respectively thin.

As for Zack, he had a pretty average body; not fat nor skinny, he tend to play enough soccer in real life when taking a break from video games. He had a 'jew fro' that was nicely grown, dark brown tone it carried. As for his eyes, he had a rare condition where one eye was green and the other was hazel. It stood him out if not for his fro which he proudly took pride in. His style was typical 'rocker' with his current getup: Straight dark blue jeans that lead to his black converse that showed age hinting that he needed a new pair. He wore a typical black belt to hold his jeans from sliding down, while covered by his Red Hot Chili Pepper's shirt with the iconic symbol surrounded by whiteness. In one wrist, he had a bracelet that 'swirled' into a orange/black style equally as tribute for his love of rock. While in the other, he held the colors of Yellow, Blue, and Red as a tribute to his Colombian heritage from his father's side. Both were made by his nephew who actually started a business selling colorful custom-made uni-sex bracelets. As for his skin, it was light but not pale; clearly he spent just enough time in the sun to get a gentle soft tan.

"But I am really looking forward to the new Nintendo games...Microsoft really dropped the ball with that crappy 'XBoxOne'..." Zack pointed out with disgust. "Hi, I pre-ordered FIFA 14? I'll be getting another game as well..." Zack quickly said to the girl without looking as he placed his gamestore member card and ID for confirmation. He followed his friend who continued talking.

"Yeah man, I am so getting the PS4 while keeping my PC the way it is~" Jake said proudly with a smirk.

"Still playing W.O.W?" Zack asked.

"For the horde!" Jake proudly stated as he looked at a few selections. "You should start playing again."

Zack chuckled. "I've been 'clean' for 3 years, and I am not stopping; it takes too much commitment..." Zack told him. In truth, Zack was busy with his fantasy novel and could not fully commit to those types of games that did require commitment.

(That sounds good. :3)

Sam looked up at the pair walked in. “Hey, how’s it going?” She said, not really paying them much mind. They seemed to be occupied with their conversation so she didn’t want to butt in. Plus they were talking about FIFA, which she didn’t know much about. So in the mean time, she just continued processing until the more fit of the two approached the counter. She couldn’t help but smirk when he mentioned Microsoft’s most recent failure of a console. She just nodded when he asked for his preordered game and grabbed his cards, brushing his hand in the process. She entered his information into the system and grabbed the game for him, leaving it next to the register as they walked off to look at more games. She just went back to processing more games. Gutting the disks and stickering the cases.

When his friend mentioned W.O.W. She openly laughed, quickly stopping herself, realizing that was probably a little inappropriate at work. She couldn’t help but think of when her oldest brother started playing. He was addicted for the better half of a decade and she still didn’t let him live it down. It was probably the most stereotypical nerdy thing someone could play, and while Sam herself had played for a while, she never really got into it. Her bright blue eyes kept glancing up to see if the two guys needed any help, but she didn’t bother them. She had to admit though, most people didn’t just leave their cards at the counter, they waited or took them back as they walked away. She sat them on top of his game and grabbed a stack of PS3 cases she was done stickering. She walked out onto the floor and started putting them away, making sure to keep an eye on the guys to see if they were done. She didn’t want to keep them waiting if they started moving back towards the register.

"Hmmm...you know, I think that I'll update my xbox live account for a extra 3-months..."

Zack looked at him as he grabbed one and said, "3 more months?"

"Yup."

"Didn't you just get a 6-month card last week?"

Jake frowned. "Don't judge me!"

"Too late..." Zack rolled his eyes as he headed to the counter. He smiled at the girl as he gave her the xbox live gold card he was planning to buy.

Jake soon followed. "Hey, I like to be proactive ok? Nothing wrong with spending money on what you want-"

"-when you can be paying the rent in your OWN apartment..." Zack growled as he took a moment to look at his friend. "Seriously, how many times have you asked me to lend you money for rent because you spend money on things that you can't afford at the moment??"

Jake frowned. He was about to say something before stopping. After a few seconds, he turned to the girl and smiled again. She was pretty cute and he would SO do her. Red heads were his favorite type and for good reason. "Hello beautiful-"

"13 times..."

"What-" Zack turned to Jake with a annoyed frown.

"Just 13 times alright??? It's nothing terrible or anything..." Jake crossed his arms.

"In the last 6 months~" Zack pointed out.

Jake looked upset. He looked at Zack, then the girl. Then at Zack, and then the girl. Then...at Zack. "AGHHH!" he groaned as Zack had a good point as he walked off.

"Hey, where you going- Eh, I don't really care." Zack admitted as he turned to smile at the girl in front of him.

Sam tried not to listen in on their conversation, but it was way more interesting than the music they had playing in the store, and louder. She had to admit, anyone who bought things they don’t need when rent was due was pretty much an idiot. But she held her tongue. She didn’t need to get in trouble for talking back to the customer or interfering in their personal business. She just raised an eyebrow at him as he called her beautiful. ‘Oh no… Don’t be one of those guys…’ she thought to herself. She couldn’t stand the guys that came in here and hit on her just because she was hot and she worked at a game store. Before she could say anything though, the friend continued the conversation, and seemed to get upset.

She cocked her head to the side a bit as the first guy turned back to her with a smile. She just kept her mouth shut and rang everything up. “Anything else I can get you?” She asked, trying to make this go as fast as possible without being rude. “Need to preorder anything else?” She added, trying to do her job well, even though she was thinking this was quickly going to turn into this guy trying to pick her up or get her number. It happened pretty often, so she didn’t think anything of turning guys down. Honestly she would rather just have guy friends, but that didn’t usually last too long. Most decided they wanted to be more than friends and then got mad when she turned them down.

"Can I get your number maybe?" Zack asked with a smile as he gave her his debit card. As he paid for everything, he followed with, "I must admit, I don't see many red heads as hot as you..." (Damn is she hot, I would so do her until she was worn out...) Zack thought pervertly. Of course, he controlled his erection as he really admired the beauty that this girl carried. "You're a guy's fantasy~" he admitted with a nod. "I don't suppose you're free later are you? Sushi maybe? On me?" Zack offered. Yes, he was a guy with money especially since he was a software designer.

Sam's smile twitched a bit when he asked for her number. So he was one of those guys. Her smile started to go away as he continued hitting on her. She could see the way he looked at her and she knew that look. It was like a predator staring at it's next meal. He just wanted in her pants and she didn't have time for that. She couldn't help but laugh a bit when he said she was a guy's fantasy. "Well they can keep dreaming."She muttered. She shook her head as he asked if she was free later. "No, I actually have plans. Sorry, Hun." She said, sounding happy that she was busy and couldn't go out with him. She quickly bagged his things and handed them to him. "Have a nice afternoon." She said, waving a bit as she quickly got busy stickering more games and looking like she had things to do. Technically she did have plans. They were just to go home and play video games in her panties like she usually did and make some dinner. She rented a small studio apartment so it was just her and her cat, who usually just slept in the linen closet.

Zack's smile was softening a bit. "Well what about tomorrow?" Zack asked. "Maybe we can hang? Play video games?" Zack attempted to get her attention. When he moved around the counter to get her attention, he saw her name. "Listen, SAM..." he said as he read her name tag. "That's a cute name..." he answered honestly. "I knew a Sam; she was a pretty cool girl that I knew in Miami back in highschool, and I am pretty sure that you're a cool girl too; can't we do something together? I am a very likable guy~" Zack asked with that soft gentle smile of his. "PLEASE SAM~~~?" he asked with that 'tone' of voice. Zack continued on for nearly a hour even as costumers came by. He was polite enough to be quiet when she was doing her job, but he continued on to the point where her shift ended.

Sam just sighed as he continued to try and get her to go out with him. She was a bit concerned when he moved around the counter and actually grabbed him by the shoulder to stop him. “You can’t be back here.” She said as she pushed him back to the front of the counter. She wasn’t very gentle about it either. She just rolled her eyes as he told her about another Sam. “Yes, I am a cool girl. And I’m sure you’re very likeable, but I’m busy.” She said as she went back to processing. After a while, it started to get annoying. No one had every pestered her this long. It was kind of weird. She tried ignoring him for a while, but that didn’t work. Even other customers knew something was off. Usually Sam was super friendly, but with this guy around, she was being a little more short with the customers. When her shift was about over her coworker came in, raising an eyebrow at the guy bothering Sam. Sam hugged her coworker, who she was pretty good friends with and handed everything over to him. She rushed to the back to get her things and while she was back there her friend spoke to Zack. “What are you doing? Lay off of her, man. I’ve been trying to crack that nut for a month.” He said in a hushed tone so Sam wouldn’t hear. Not that she didn’t already know, but he thought he was being smooth about it. Sam came back out with a small bag and went straight for the door, “Later Ronald!” She said, waving to him and left quickly.

"A month?" Zack saw how her replacement gave a 'come on man!' expression. "You poor bastard..." Zack shook his head slowly as Ronald gave a displeasure expression. "Well NOT until she gives me a GOOD reason why she won't go out with me!" When Zack saw 'Ronald' giving him a 'what' expression, "Come on dude; LOOK at me!" he gestured at himself as he left and followed Sam. He continued to annoy her. "SAM!" he called out as he followed her. "Look, I am NOT use to women rejecting me without a GOOD reason; what is it? You have a boyfriend?" he asked but suddenly remembered what Ronald said. "No, your co-worker told me that you tend to play 'hard to get'..." he pointed out as he was now making this a causal thing. Shaking his head, "Look, am I UGLY or something? PLEASE SAM!" Zack stopped her as he moved in front of her and gave her a 'com on' expression. "I can't handle 'rejection' unless you have a GOOD reason why you won't go out with me-" he suddenly froze as he 'realized' something.

"Wait...are you a..." he raised an eyebrow as he actually thought of something. "Are you a lesbian-"

She sighed heavily as he followed her once more. “Well you better get used to rejection really quick.” She said, finally fed up with this. She wasn’t on the clock anymore so she didn’t have to be polite anymore. “No, you’re not ugly. It just won’t happen. Trust me.” She said as she continued towards the door. She genuinely laughed when he asked if she was a lesbian. Like that had just occurred to him. “No, I’m not a lesbian. I just don’t date. It just doesn’t happen.” She said, patting him on the head like a child. “Now I have to get home and get ready.” She said, acting like she actually had plans to go out or something. Really she just wanted to get home and forget about this nonsense. Ronald was giving Zack an ‘I told you so.’ Look as Sam slid past him and started walking home. Well at least to the bus stop. It was at this point that she really wished she had a car. Maybe she should stop by the grocery store and get some dinner. Hopefully he wouldn’t follow her there.

Zack glared at Ronald as he followed...

*10 minutes later*

"See? I even live close by!" Zack gestured across the street to the other building as she turned. "Come on Sam! You can't just say 'it won't happen' without giving it a chance!" Zack remarked. Even as they got to her door, he placed his hand against the wall. "LOOK, I am NOT a stalker ok? But I do have the feeling that I am going to regret this if I don't take the chance to go on a date with you..." Zack 'confessed'. To be honest, he was finding her personality to be even more attractive...

Sam just rolled her eyes once more. It was strange that he lived so close but she'd never seen him before though. This guy was really persistent. "Why yes, I can say it won't happen without trying. Because I'm ending it now." She said. She had her door unlocked when he blocked her path. "I don't know. You're giving off some pretty stalkerish vibes. You did stay at my work for the past hour and then followed me home. And I get the feeling I'd never be able to get rid of you if I went on a date with you." She said. She suddenly ducked under his arm and into her apartment. She tried closing the door quickly, but her cat ran out. "God Dammit Noodle!" She cursed.

"Because you won't give me a chance!" Zack protested as she refereed him a stalker. As she ducked under his arm, he attempted to convince her otherwise. "And what's so BAD about keeping me around??? Look-" he stopped as she cursed 'Noodle'. "The fuck-" he suddenly realized that 'Noodle' was her cat that ran out of the apartment. "You named your cat 'Noodle'???" he asked raising a eyebrow. However, this was a golden opportunity. "Hey, if I get your cat back, you OWE me a date!" he proclaimed as he suddenly started to chase the cat. Lucky, it seemed to fail to realize that it could jump onto the safety ledge on this floor. Thus, it slowly hissed as he cornered the cat. "Look buddy- or girl..." he said as he slowly approached the cat while not knowing it's gender. "I am NOT going to harm you ok...?" he said as he slowly moved lower. While it continued to hiss, it seemed to relax just as Zack did not rush his movements. Thus, he managed to gently carry the cat while he stand. "There, see? That wasn't so BAD-" he yelped the cat's claws dug into his arm but it suddenly leaned against him. Some affection. "NNNHNHHHH....GOD DOES THIS HURT...." he managed to say to Sam as he held the cat. "You ever THOUGHT of getting rid of it's claws-?@!" he nearly cursed.

Sam just sighed at his reasoning. "No, it means I owe you a thank you. Not a date." She argued. She just sighed as she watched him try and wrangle her cat. She was surprised to see Noodle actually lean into him when he grabed him. She raised an eyebrow and took her cat who quickly dug his claws into her. She couldn't help but grin. "It means he likes you if he kneads into you like that." She sighed. "Thank you for getting my cat. But I would never declaw him. He needs these things." She said, holding out his paws. "Well, I gave you my thanks, so toodles." She said, ducking into her apartment.

"H-hey!" Zack couldn't believe this girl. "Well if you don't declaw him, then surely he scratches your 'company' doesn't he?; don't you have something to disinfect the cuts?" Zack argued as he showed his arms. Yes, 'Noodles' did leave red marks on Zack (even if they were out of affection) and they were fresh. "They're starting to inch..." he added with displeasure.

Sam just sighed, stopping just before she shut the door. "Hold on. " she said, closingthe door. She quickly returned, but didn't have the cat anymore. "Alright, come here." She said, bringing him into the kitchen. She grabbed her first aid kit and took out some antiseptic and some cotton balls. "Hold still." She said, grabbing his arm and started dabbing the antiseptic on him. The motionwas surprisingly gentle, even if her grabbing him wasn't at all. "You're leaving after this." She said, looking him in the eyes for the first time. She actually paused when she noticed they were different colors. "Hmm...heterochromia..." she mumbled and went back to patching him.

"Funny, you're the first girl to ACTUALLY know the proper name for my traits..." Zack remarked when he heard that word. "Also, WHY are you so anti-social??" He needed to know. This time, Zack gave a displeased an expression. A expression that told one how much he was disappointed in how she treated him. Yes he did find her sexually attractive, but it was part of her overall character that he found attractive. "Seriously, girls like you- ow...girls like you shouldn't let the stereotype tell you what to do..." he said frowning as her treatment stung a bit. While she was cleaning his cuts, he took a moment to look at her home. Afterwards, he looked at her and her body. As attractive as it was, he did his best to not make it as obvious as it could've been.

"I enjoy the bizarre." She shrugged, not looking up from his cuts. She gave him a grumpy face when he asked why she was so antisocial. "I'm not antisocial. I just don't hang out with guys I meet at work." She said. She used to, but it always ended badly so she didn't anymore. She looked kind of confused when he said she shouldn't let sterotypes tell her what to do. "What are you talking about?" She asked. She watched as he winced as she applied the antiseptic. "Stop being a baby, it doesn't hurt." She said. "Alright, all done." She said, stepping back and packing everything back up.

Zack did not say much as he was feeling much better. "Thank you Sam..." He said with a smile as he looked at her. "So how bout my 'thank you'?" he asked as he leaned in with a smile.

Sam actually blushed a bit when he asked for his thank you and leaned in. Was he expecting a kiss? She toussled his hair and smiled a bit. "Thanks." She said quickly and moved to the door. "Alrighty, time to go." She said, motioning towards the door.

"Aw come on..." he said as he grabbed her hand. He pulled her a bit closer and said, "We hang for a bit..." he gently lifted her chin as he smiled even more. "Can't we? I mean, it be a shame..." he leaned in closer. He didn't kiss but he could tell that she was blushing red from this. At least by this point he knew that she didn't find him unattractive. But how far could he take this? He have to find out as he pulled her slightly by her waist with his other hand.

Sam's eyes widened when he pulled her closer. "Umm...I...I don't even know your name." She said, stalling a bit. She really didn't know what to do about this. No one had ever got this close to her, at least not without her starting it. She just stood there, completely speechless until he pulled her in by the waist. She seemed to snap out of it and pulled back. "I have plans though." She said, remembering her excuse, but it didn't seem nearly as solid now.

"I doesn't matter what my name is; I already know yours..." Zack decided to 'risk' it and just take her. Given that she did not pull away or gave a reaction that she DIDN'T want it, meant that she wasn't going to put up that much of a fight. He had a chance as he said, "I wonder what color your underwear is..." he grasped her rear tightly.

Sam's brow furowed a bit at his answer. Her usual witty self would have said something to get him to tell her his name, but she was completely at a loss of words. She just looked him in the eyes, not sure of herself anymore. Her eyes widened and she gasped as he groped her plump ass. "I uhh...eh..." she couldn't form the words, just stuttered a bit as her cheeks lit up bright red with blush. "Blue." She answered for him, looking almost ashamed that she had.

Back
Top Bottom