Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Emperor's Mistress ((Lady&Blair))

phedre ducked her head, folding herself easily around her, muttering prayers to her own gods as she prayed that alec, alexander, or hell even valerian would come for them soon.

"A mob attacked your sister and phedre while they were out today over something about my queen."He growled fury under the words. Because he wasn't just furious with the crowd, he was furious with himself for being so foolish. Reining in as he neared the crowd he snarled."My people, what do you think you are doing?You attack the woman I have chosen?ARe you truly that foolish?"He snarled fury and fear in his voice as he kept the horse moving knowing that they'd move for a horse before they'd move for him on foot. Intent on getting into the shop where the women were.

Alec looked alarmed at the idea, his heart in his throat at the idea of his sister and his slave in harm's way. It seemed that he was truly scared that not only his sister would be hurt, but Phedre. What an odd feeling for a young Roman slave owner to have... He knew he shouldn't as worried as he was, but he found himself jumping off his own horse once they got to the entrance of the shop.

The citizens seemed to be visibly shocked that the emperor even bothered to come after Ophelia. After all, mistresses were supposed to be disposable. Now, finally, they seemed to realize that she was no ordinary mistress. This was a woman whom the emperor thought was special - special enough to replace the Queen with.

Alec moved through the crowd, but was unable to get to them. Ophelia stood up from where she was crouched, screaming for Valerian in her brother. Alec hated more than anything that he could not reach them, for he was too busy trying to defend himself again the few citizen were still fighting and protesting. Instead, Alec decided to have the emperor's back. He continued to fight so that Valerian could get to them...

Valerian was quite beside himself in his fury, here was the man that made people fear him, the warrior that was a moments breath away from slaughter. Glad once he realized that Alec was keeping them off his back he smiled slightly as he fought for control, seeing Alexander coming towards them from the other direction he realized that the three of them, plus the guards were quickly getting things under control.

"See look he ame for you.Dont worry."Phedre said standing, though only a few months older then ophelia, she was managing to stay calm though there was a cut over her eyebrow that was freely bleeding from where someone had hit her with rock throw. Calm only because she knew that fear and anger would only set off the crowd again she gently pushed ophelia into the emperor's arms as he got near them.

moving back she stayed near the guards, but nearly fainted with relief when she saw alec, pressing into his arms as soon as he got close, seemingly coming undone as she realized that they were indeed safe. Not acting like a nomal slave towards her master, but she was well and truly overwhelmed and totally losing it now she wasn't watching out for ophelia.

Ophelia pressed into the Emperor's arms, her arms tight around his neck as she sobbed uncontrollably in the crook of his neck. She was just so surprised and so relieved that he managed to care about her enough to come after her... At the moment, Ophelia looked like what she was - a young woman who was scared out of her mind. "I-I'm s-so s-sorry," she cried, "I-I shouldn't have asked t-to c-come to t-town." She hugged him tighter, too upset to even make much sense when speaking. Her body was literally shaken, and it was clear that this was not like the mob at the castle. Because of the man who nearly tried to kill her, cutting her arm, she was much more shaken.

Alec waited until he knew the guards had control of the crowd before running over to him. Once he knew his sister was with the emperor, he rushed over to Phedre. As he moved into her arms, he instinctively wrapped them around her. "Sh, sh..." he murmured, stroking her hair gently. "Come." He gently picked her up and placed her on his horse, As soon as she was on, he threw his leg over and road a little ways away from the crowd. He didn't want to leave until the emperor and the other guards did, but he wanted to get her away from the mob. " Are you okay?" he asked, looking down at her. He frowned at the cut on her forehead. "We'll take care of that."

"Sh, its okay. I got you."He muttered dipping his head to press a kiss to her hair, gentle with ever even though his eyes shined with rage. "This wasn't your fault,darling. I should have known better then to let you come out without more guards."He muttered before picking her up, nodding towards alexander and the guards."Take care of this. I'm taking the captain and lady ophelia back to the palace with me."He said his voice oh so cold as he walked back outside, only letting go of ophelia long enough to hand her to alexander, gettting up on his horse before taking her back from the guard. Settling her back onto the horse in front of him, he turned to look at alec, "Go. I'm following after."he said nudging his horse slowly through the crowd, ignoring to look to closely at the overwhelming relief he felt.

Phedre rubbed her face, leaning against his chest, her tight hold on his toga keeping her standing. Hiccupping a little as she cried, it was obvious she was scared badly, more so because the last time something like this had happened, her world had changed so much, going from priestess to slave. Rubbing the blood out of her eyes she nodded as she gripped the horse's mane to stay where she was. "I am.This is it."She muttered waving a hand towards her forehead,"And head cuts always bleed more then anyhing else."She said though she still sounded scared.

Ophelia kept her face buried in his chest during the entire ride, only looking up at him as he helped her off the horse. Even then, however, she was glued to him out of fear. "Please don't make me go to my room tonight," she whispered painfully, "My lord, I want to stay with you." She hiccupped and looked up at him with fear in her eyes - fear he'd reject her after all of this. She had been so surprised by the fact that he risked his life to come after her, but she still worried that he might realize she was more trouble than she was worth... Pressed against him, she let out a shakey breath. "I was so scared you would not come."

Once at the palace, Alec took her off the horse and led her off to the side, not disturbing his sister and the emperor at the moment. He wiped the blood from her face and knelt down so that they were face to face. "Thank you for staying with my sister," he whispered, swallowing hard. "And I'm glad you are okay... More glade than I should be." He smirked a bit, though fear was still in his eyes. His hands stayed on her arms, both keeping her close and keeping her at a distance. Because right then and there.... He found himself wanting to hold her.

Valerian nodded a little as he picked her up again once he was off the horse, pressing a kiss to her head."I'm not going to send you away, don't worry."he said glancing towards alec, "You two will stay here tonight.I don't trust the crowds."He said casually dismissing her brother and the slave for the moment before he walked inside, heading for his rooms. "Don't worry. I'll always come for you,even if it's through insane crowds or a gladitor's arena."He teased lightly because he was the only roman emperor to have fought in the arena, and having only done it because his father said he couldn't.

Phedre smiled a little glancing over at Valerian at his words before nodding a little, glad that they didn't have to go anywhere before looking at alec as he knelt down with her."Your welcome. Really couldn't leave her you know...I was alone when I faced the mob. I couldn't let her do it alone."she muttered tears filling her eyes before she laughed quietly, moving to get up."Can we go inside?I'm tired now.Even though its still early."She said stifling a yawn.

Ophelia moved to his bed, climbing in and letting herself sink into the sheets as if she wanted to hide form the world. "He tried to kill me," she whispered, looking down at her hands, "Before you g-got there... A man took out a sword and t-tried to k-kill me... 'For the Queen', he said." She softly cried while looked down at the cut on her arm. The scar was so much more emotionally deep than it appeared on the surface. Her head was literally swimming with fear and pain, never thinking that someone would ever want her dead. She had always prided herself on being a nice person... She glanced up at him, "Always?" she whispered, questioning his statement. Surely, one day, she will no longer be important enough to risk his life for. One day, she will be old news to him.

Alec led her up to the guest room they had stayed in a few nights ago, and once the door was locked behind him, he pulled her into his arms. "I don't know what came over me, but I knew the moment Valerian told me that the mob was after you and Ophelia, I was going to kill them if they hurt you. Either of you." He glanced down at her, and his eyes showed more emotion than they ever had in her presence. He didn't have a guard up for once. No, all that could be seen on his face was absolutely relief. "You did good," he whispered, "And you won't ever have to go through that alone again, okay?"

Valerian sighed softly, grinding his teeth at that. "hey didn't understand that I would consider you important enough to come for. But you are."He said sitting down next to her, sighing softly. feeling emotionally and mentally wrung out and to tired to examine his feelings for her, "Well, as long as I can see, yes."He said ooking over at her, correcting himself so he didn't sound like a lovesick fool. Never again he promised himself. never again would he like someone as much as he had allowed himself to love astrid, it had gotten im into such a mess with that feeling. Definately not happening again.

Phedre was quiet as she followed him, nearly collapsing into him as he pulled her close. Closing her eyes as she pressed her face against his chest, "For both of us, my lord?I think you're overestimating my value to you."She muttered teasing him a little, shivering a little. "You can't promise that."She said her voice quaking a little, because more then anything, the idea of being alone, scared her.

Ophelia looked up at him, obvious pain in her eyes at his quick correction. Of course, she was right. She was only important to him at the moment, while she was useful, but it was not last forever. He was protecting her like a belonging, not a person he would ever care about on a deeper level than simple possession. "Maybe it would have been easier on the both of us if he had done the deed," she snapped, tears in her eyes. She dropped her head in her hands, feeling absolutely worthless. Why did she ever let herself start to believe he'd care for her? "I'm sorry, my lord, I was out of line," she croaked, then laid down and turned over on her side.

"I am not overestimating anything," Alec said, shaking his head, "And I can promise whatever I want." He stepped back and glanced toward the tub. His arms stayed around her, even as he began to tug her toward the bathroom. "Come bathe with me. I'll clean your cut and then we can sleep... It's still early, but I have no interest in supper or anything that involves thinking."

Valerian winced a little at the look on her fae ooking away from her. Obviously frustrated because he didn't want to care for her. But he did. Frowning as he stood he looked down at her, torn, but to angry to stay. "I'm going to go clean up.I'll be right back.You can join me if you wish."He said before heading to the bathroom and rawing a bath, sighing as he sank into the water, closing his eyes as he struggled to clear his mind from the mind numbing fear that had hit him when he'd first gotten word about the mob.

"Ha!Romans and their promises. No wonder the world doesn't like you."She said poking him a little in the side, looking amused as she sighed softly. Following him into the bathom she started stripping down giggling a little, now that the danger was past she was feeling giddy. "Sex doesn't involve thinking."She said before she could think better of it, sighing softly as she sank into the water with a pleased smile.

Unlike most women, Ophelia stayed where she was. As he took his bath, she cried and hiccupped herself to sleep. By the time he had returned, she was fast to sleep. While she looked calm and peaceful, her dreams were haunting and fearful. Even as she slept, she hugged her pillow tight... When she felt the bed rock with his weight later that night, she blinked up at him sleepily. Her eyes still held a distinct amount of sadness, and she had no words for him. It scared her think that she had made him angry, but it also scared her to think he didn't really care for her... Instead of speaking, she just rolled over and settled into the crook of is arm, showing him her need for affection and comfort despite her earlier snappiness.

As Alec settled in the tub, he raised his eyebrows at her offer. Reaching down, he settled his hands on her thighs. "Well, I do like that suggestion," he admitted with a smirk. Pulling her toward him, he settled her on his lap. "If you are willing to ride me, I might be willing to put forth enough effort to comply." Leaning up, he hesitated, then pressed his lips to her's. It was a soft, gently kiss that showed exactly how relieved he was that she was alive, even if it was against every fiber of his being.

Valerian sighed softly as he looked down at the girl settled against him. Closing his eyes for a moment as he leaned down, pressing a kiss to her forehead before settling back into the bed to sleep. Just letting her settle there next to him. In the morning valerian sighed, shifting, snuggling down into her, burying his face into her hair, for once not waking up quickly, for once quite willing to just to lay there with her. That more then anything showed that he cared, even if he didn't want to. For the only other person he'd ever lazed about in bed with, had been astrid.

Phedre shuddered a little at his touch, smiling a little as he pulled her towards him. Though she was vaguely nervous at having him touch her, it wasn't enough to ull away, knowing that he wouldn't hurt her. "Oh, just might be?"She muttered against his lips kissing him back, shifting to straddle his waist, shifting her hips, sighing softly as he slid into her, running her fingers through his hair.

Ophelia woke up at turned over in his arms, a bit shocked to see that he was already awake. It wasn't that she was surprised he was awake, she was surprised he was still laying with her, not bothering to wake her up for however long he had been there with her. "Good morning," she whispered, moving over to nuzzle him gently. "Are you upset with me after last night?" She looked up at him innocently, reaching up to run her fingers through his thick, dark hair.

Alec chuckled and held her in place. "Okay, I am more than willing," he murmured, letting out a groan as she slide over him. His hands gripped her hips, helping her move gently up and down his cock. "Phedre," he purred, sitting up enough so their lips locked into a passionate kiss. He took great care in making sure he was gentle with her after the day before. He had no intention of making her feel as if she was in danger or he was going to take control.

Valerian sighed softly as he nuzzled her hand. In truth he'd been up for awhile he just hadn't had the motivation to get up and leave yet. For once his worry and responsibility wasn't eating him alive and he was going to enjoy the short break."no...I was just angry with everyone last night...not you."he sighhed quietly because he was angry with her,but it wasn't anything she had done. It was just his stupid feelings.

Phedre smiled a little as she rocked down into him slowly and steady determined to make them both forget the day before."Ill have to remember this when I want something. More then willing...means bribing with sex."she teased moaning as she kissed him back, but glad he wasn't trying to take control,it was the only reason she totally hadn't lost it yet

Ophelia sighed, sitting up on her elbow so the could look down at him. "I didn't get to get a dress," she said, pouting down at him. The smirked, obviously joking, and leaned down to kiss him on the lips. "You need a day to rest, my lord," she murmured, reaching down to continue running her fingers through her hair. "Why don't you let my brother or someone else deal with a few things today so you can sleep longer? The Ball is tonight, so the palace will be bustling with decorators anyway..." Swinging her leg over, she straddled him and leaned down to kiss his neck. It wasn't in an overly sexual way. It was clear that she felt bad for snapping at him the night before (and still thought the attack was her fault), and she wanted to make him feel more relaxed.

Alec helped her move a little faster, and he let out a deep groan. He broke the kiss and leaned his head back on the rim of the tub, he mouth open and his eyes closed. "Oh..." he murmured, his hands tightening on her hips. His own hips started to buck up and meet her with each thrust, and it was clear he was getting closer and closer to orgasm... Reaching down, he began to rub her clit. "Come for me, Phedre," he said, not wanting to explode before she got her own pleasure... He even leaned forward to take one of her breasts in his mouth, sucking and licking at her erect nipples.

"Well,we'll just send someone out to get one."he smiled a little looking up at her sighing softly as he shifted to get more comfortable."hmm I think I could be convinced to stay onin bed today."he grinned,not so much in a sexual way,ut he was enjoying her company. Absently rubbing a hand up her back nodding a little."so it is. I better rest,make sure I look my best tonight."he said snickering as he settled back to rest.

Phedre gasped as he played with her body, shivering ss she rested her hands on his shoulders so she xould move against him harder, gasping as she came slumpi.g down into his arms as she pressed tightly against him,eager for him to feel the same pleasure he had given her

"I'll call for breakfast," Ophelia murmured with a smile, "And then we can rest until we are required to make an appearance at the ball." A glimmer of amusement was in her eyes as she moved off the bed and called for a servant to bring breakfast up. Once it was there, she carried the tray over to him and sat up against the headboard. If anything, she seemed to be getting a lot more comfortable around him. "Can I have something blue? Or green?" she asked, taking a bite of a biscuit. "I just want to look my best... Do you think the aristocrats will look down on me as much as the civilians?"

Alec quickly picked her up after she had her orgasm, carrying her out of the tub and placing her on the nearby counter. Groaning, he pumped in and out of her a few more times before pulling out and letting his seed spill on her thigh. "Oh..." he moaned, letting his head rest on her shoulder. It took him a moment to get his bearings before he handed her a towel and wrapped another one around himself. "I'm ready for sleep," he admitted, rubbing a hand over his face. However, he still had a goofy after-sex smile on his face.

Valerian laughed at her words,not in a mean way,but because it had been a long time since anyone cared enough about their clothes to ask what he thought."whatever color you want. We'll aend your brothers servant out for it. She'll remember what you two were looking at."he decided smiling as he started to eat snickering a little."I think the aristocrats are going to be to busy kissing my ass to care."

Phedre groaned as he came wiping herself up with the towel before flushing,realizing she'd just enjoyed sex with him. Blushing and stuttering a little she agreed before pausing,offering him a similar goofy smile."can I sleep with you tonight?I don't want to be alone."she muttered the fear from being in the mob starting to come back even if she was to satizfied to really panick

"I never thought I'd like spending time with aristocrats before..." Ophelia said, letting out a side. "But if they are the ones who are not going to attempt my murder, than I suppose I can learn to like them." She shrugged a bit, a smirk on her face at the idea of them all kissing his ass, because she knew it was true. Hell, they'd all probably even be kissing her ass, simply because she was the one with the closest position to the emperor at the moment. "Oh, good," she said, smiling happily, "I had a really pretty dress picked out that I thought you might like." She giggled a little, sounding her age for once, and took a another bite of her biscuit. It was really nice to be able to just relax with him. She liked him much better when he wasn't so stressed.

Alec glanced over his shoulder at her. "Well wherever else would you sleep? Remember, Valerian doesn't give his slaves separate rooms." He slid in to bed and patted the spot next to him. "Come on. We both could use the sleep..."

"Oh don't. Me disliking them amuses me. letting you tll them to go screw themselves would be even more so."He said smirking a little before sighing softly, leaning back as he ate. "Good. Then I will send them into town as soon as they're up. I am sure your brother will not want to let her out of his sight after yesterday."he said rowning slightly having seen the man's reaction to the girl being in danger, but chalked most of it to ophelia being in danger and him just being protective of a posession."Anything else?Jewelry?Sandles?Don't worry about spending. You can't buy enough to even put a dent into my treasury."

Phedre flushed as she remebered they were at the palace, nodding as she got into the bed with him, smiling a little as she cuddled a little into him, content to sleep. In the morning phedre smiled as she slipped out of bed, getting them breakfast before coming back. Looking down at her sleeping master she smiled slightly as she gently brushed his hair out of his face."Alec."She muttered smiling a little.

Ophelia blushed a bit. "Gold jewelry," she said, "And some sandals. But don't let them spend a fortune on me." She leaned in and kissed his cheek, then finished her breakfast. After breakfast, she leaned in to the crook of his arm and closed her eyes. She was still quite shaken from the night before, and she still wasn't sure how much he truly cared for her... But, that being said, it felt nice to be in his arms. He was very... affectionate when he wanted to be, and she liked it. He was the first man to hold her, after all.

Alec blinked awake. It was odd to hear his name come out of her mouth... but he liked it, and therefor, he didn't correct her like he probably should. "Morning," he mumbled, sitting up and rubbing a hand over his face. He smiled at the sight of breakfast, thankful to see it, and immediately dug in. A messenger came in soon after, telling them to do into town to get Ophelia's dress.

Alec rolled his eyes. "Never thought I'd be fetching a dress for my sister," he murmured, but shrugged, "You saw what she liked, right? Shouldn't take long, I imagine. And he can grab a bite to eat in town."

"I'll see that they get it."He smiled amused as he pressed a kiss to her hair as she moved closer, sighing softly.He just knew that whatever he was feeling for her, was going to be a very bad idea to let himself feel.But...he couldn't help it. "How are you feeling this morning?"He muttered looking her over, wondering how she was. Knowing that she was probably still shaken from what had happened the day before and sort of worried about taking her into the crowd for the ball.

Phedre smiled as he ate, curling up on the bed as they were tol to go out before nodding."I did.And it will be easily found.Along with sandles and other things she wanted."she said smiling slightly as she considered everything before getting up and beginning to dress. Glad that she could wear normal clothes out, the well fitted toga falling around her, and with a simple twist of her hair to pull it up, she looked like a commoner, a roman one at that, instead of a slave."Ready to go?"She said tilting her head to look at him.

Ophelia slipped into the blankets and cuddled up against him. Her chin rested on his chest so that she could look up at him. "I am okay," she said, sounding a bit unsure, "I think I'll be okay if you stay with me." She swallowed hard, worried that the moment he left her again, someone would come after her. If the citizens of the city could get past her guards, then maybe she was not as safe as she thought. Nuzzling him, she closed her eyes and tried not to picture the man who tried to take her out with the rusty sword. "You make me feel safer than the guards do," she admitted, "But I'll be okay. I'm not as... fragile as I seem at the moment."

Alec nodded and led her out to the chariot, taking care in not letting anyone see her in the toga. If it got back to the emperor that he let her dress like a commoner, things might go badly. Once in town, he walked with her down the streets of the city. People already recognized him as the new captain, bowing a little as he passed. It was... surreal to see it.

"Where's the dress? The shop that you were attacked in?" he asked, looking a little unnerved at the idea of going back to it.

Valrian smiled a little looking at er, pressing a kiss to her forehead."I'm not going anywhere. At least not today."he said smiling a little, gently brushing her hair out of her face before sighing a little. "You are safe here, my home is the securest in the city, an you will not be going out more without a full escort.And your brother's slave. She impressed me,....not taking the chance to run in the chaos."he said wondering why the woman had stayed instead of trying to slip away, of running away.

Phedre nodded a little,flushing a little as she realized she was causing him problems with how she dressed,but she had dressed without thinking, not really thinking about how it would look. "You look startled, captain."She muttered amused at his look as people bowed to him, before nodding."It is.But it will just be a moment, I know exactly which one she wanted."She said feeling a little unnerved herself, and hoping the shopkeeper would not be mad about the mess they made of his shop

Ophelia nodded a little, leaning up to kissed him gently on the lips. Her hand crept up his thigh, then wrapped her hand around his member. "I won't be going out for a while. Period." She smirked a bit and began to kiss his neck. It was easier to try to seduce him then think about what happened. At the moment, she did not want to remember the attack. "My lord, would you like to have a bit of... fun? It is, technically, your day off." Kissing down his neck, she began to kiss his bare chest. It was clear that she was trying to avoid the conversation.

Alec followed after her, thankful to see that the shop was not in absolutely shambles. "Good thing you were paying attention," he said, "I know how Ophelia is once she sets her eyes on something. Anything else would have not been the same." He smirked and looked around, his hands in his pockets as he waited for her to fetch the dress and accessories that his sister wanted.

All of the sudden, he frowned, remembering something... "You are required to work at the Ball with the other slaves," he admitted, "And where your uniform. Well, the uniform that they pick out for you... I am not sure what you will have to do, but it's something I can't get you out of."

Valerian smiled moaning softly as he thrust up into her hand."Hmm,maybe I should let you do all the work today. Since like you said, it is my day off."He said snickering a little as he shifted, tilting his head back as he let her explore. Absently playing with her hair, having every intention of truly enjoying his day off. It was rare that he actually took a whole day off that he was looking forward to doing so. And quite willing to let her avoid the conversation. "I think I would like that."He said tugging her close for a kiss.

"Then I'm glad I was watching.She'll want to be happy."She said smiling as she picked out the dress, before starting to go through the accessories when she heard his words. Turning to look at him she frowned momentarily before sighing. "Well then, I will just have to see what happens."She said looking nervous about what she would be required to do, after all it was a valerian party, and valerian's parties had a reputation for being a sharp edged pleasure. "There. I think that's everything."She said looking at everything she was holding and equally determined to not be to nervous about what was coming.

Back
Top Bottom