Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Emperor's Mistress ((Lady&Blair))

Valerian nodded a little smirking."It's not so much her feelings, its my sanity I'm saving. Hysterical senators are bad enough I don't want to deal with your sister until I have to."He said snickering a little before sighing softly, "Well then.Maybe you should lose your temper with her more.It would do her good."He said before frowning a little. "Leave her here. YOu could send her to Ophelia if you think your sister would like the company."he said after a moment, not looking sure about the ida, but equally wanting ophelia to be happy, which meant not eeping her in total isolation.

Alec turned to Phedre and frowned. "Go down and see to my sister in the rose gardens," he ordered. Like the emperor, he wasn't sure he liked the idea, but he certainly didn't want Ophelia to be lonely. Now with him being the captain of the guard, he would be around less than usual. "What about Alexander, my lord?" he asked, "Do you think he needs to be with us on the tour, or should we leave his tour for another time?" As he talked, he fastened a gold belt around his toga and slipped on a pair of sturdy sandals. It was clear that he was excited to start his new job, but he was nervous as hell. There was really no telling what would happen to him if he did not do a satisfactory job.

Phedre nodded quickly before leaving. Walking downstairs she paused in the doorway looking for Ophelia before crossing into the sunlight, looking nervous about being with the other woman. And wondering exactly what kind of test the two men were making her do. Wanting to run away, wondering if she could convince ophelia to help her.Bowing as she neared the woman."Lady Ophelia?"She said softly.

Valerian frowned for a moment before shaking his head."No. Let's go. I will show you what you need, and then you can decide after seeing everything what you want to leave Alexander in charge of."Valerian sighed softly as they started walking. "I know it is going to be alot, and all of rome is to much for one man. You will want to split the town evenly, and keep the men on the same shift as they are. They know the town, don't ignore the advice they seek to give."valerian said, proving that he wasn't just a politican, he was in touch with his people, he understood them

Alec looked up at the man, trying to hide the absolute awe he was in. It was hard not to respect the emperor, for he really was the best emperor Rome had had in centuries... He was a leader that was to be feared, but not a leader who hid behind food and large parties why his army was at war. Alec could only hope to be a captain that made him proud. If he made Valerian proud, then he was sure that his father would be proud in heaven. "Yes, of course," he said, walking with the man to the chariot. "How will they... respond to me? I have yet turn thirty, after all. I want them to know that, despite my age, I'm quite knowledgeable."

Ophelia turned away from her book, sitting on a fancy lounge chair in the middle of the gardens. Her eyes set on Phedre, and her lips pressed together. It was odd to know that this women had probably had sex with her brother... "Yes?" she asked, tilting her head to the side. It felt weird to see that women bow. Would people start bowing to her now that she was taken as a mistress by Valerian? All of it made her head spin. "Can I get some wine?" she asked one of the nearby guards in a polite tone. They smiled at her before moving back into the castle to fetch her a glass of wine.

valerian smiled slightly as he got into the chariot, taking the reins he waited for the other to get in with him before starting the horses off at a walk as they talked."I think some of them will be disappointed that I past them over, espicially among the younger ones, but the elder ones, the ones who have been doing this forever, they served under your father. They'll be interested in seeing what you can do."he said thoughtfully."These men are used to me. I was only 16 when my father sent me out to the front lines. I think they will be willing to overlook age for the moment."

phedre swallowed hard as she neared, sitting down on the ground as she watched the guard return with a glass of wine."Your brother sent me down here to keep you company while him and Lord Valerian went out to inspect the city."she said looking up as alexander walked in. "Lady ophelia, would you mind more company?"Alexander said smiling as he bowed his head and walked in further to the garden.

Alec nodded, smiling a bit and looking straight ahead. "That's what makes me a bit nervous," he said, "My father was a good warrior, and a great general from what I've always been told. That's quite a reputation to live up to." He looked over and smiled at the emperor. "I thank you for having faith in me." As he glanced at the emperor, he remembered that time that his mother and father brought him to the palace to have dinner with the late emperor and queen. He was not but seven years old, but he remembered how nice young Valerian was to him. He even remembered him playing with him while they waited for the food to be served... It was almost surreal to be in the chariot with him now.

"My lord, you are not being coy when you say Ophelia has been good to you correct? I know that she can be very stubborn at times," he said, "I would hope she'd know better than to act that way toward you... I could always have a word with her about her behavior."

Ophelia glanced down at Phedre, raising her eyebrows. "Oh really? Well... I suppose you can stay," she said, then gave her a friendly smile. There was not point in being snobby when an entire country hated her at the moment.

Turning, she eyed Alexander and rolled her eyes. "You have only been second in command for a night, and you are already walking around the palace like you own it. Why am I not surprised," she said, smirking. Standing, she left her book on the lounge and walked toward him. It was odd to know that whatever their relationship would have turned in to, it could be no longer. That was the unfortunate thing of being a mistress. By the time the emperor was finished with her, most of the men would want nothing with her. "It's been quite some time since I've seen you," she said, noting that he'd grown a bit in muscle since the year before left for Germany.

"Yes, well we all fear not outdoing our fathers. Mine was just easier to beat to being the best then yours is."He said smirking little because it wasn't his own father he strived to be better then, it was Alec's. Smirking slightly he laughed."I am not known for being tolernate of people talking back to me, Alec. If I was having a problem with your sister, you'd know about it."Valerian said before smiling. "Leave her alone. I know how overwhelming this can be, I'd rather her get used to it on her own time, instead of being forced to pretend."

"Thank you."phedre said smiling a little as she got comfortable, looking nervous at the sight of the man in front of her. Oh yea, she remembered the man's talk from the night before, and was pretty sure that without Alec there, he was more danger to her then alec ever could be. Aelxer smirked looking amused."Hey, I always owned the place, its just now everyone acknowledges it."He smirked leanng down to kiss her cheek."I know. I've missed you. Germany's not so pretty, at least not as nice as here, with you."he said his smile amused and flirty.

"You have certainly surpassed your father," Alec agreed, looking amused. His eyes glanced around the city, watching people get excited to see the emperor in person. It was truly odd how people could be angry with Valerian one minute and love him the next. It seemed to be a complicated life that the emperor led. "Don't worry, my lord, Ophelia is not much of an actress," he said, sounding amused. He shifted in his seat and turned to glanced up at the older man, looking curious. "Do you remember when I used to come to dinner with my parents at the palace?" he asked, tilting his head to the side, "Ophelia was an infant, and I was just a child, but I remember those dinners fondly."

Ophelia blushed and leaned into his kiss. Her hand moved to his arm out of habit, for they always had a flirtatious relationship. When he was home, he spent quite a bit of time at their house, and while he and her brother were friends, she always had a sneaking suspicion that he came to see her. "Alexander, you are much too arrogant," she said, rolling her eyes, "However, I've missed you too. It's odd their a first meeting in over a year is here of all places..." She blushed and nodded for him to sit down with him on the lounge.

"Thats good to know. I'd rather her hate me outright, then play games. I can play them, but I dislike toying with people."Valerian said shruing a little. He was a brilliant tatitican, knew what needed to be done, but for the most part he preferred a straight up barroom brawl to the backstabbing politics.Nodding slightly he smiled sadly."I do. they were one of the few times that my mother and father truly were pleasant together."he sighed quietly."And one of the few times my father didn't want my advice. I was allowed being a child for those times. It was...pleasant."Valerian said sighing quietly

Alexander smirked a little sitting down with her before laughing."I think not. I am just sure of myself."he said smilin before laughing."I am glad that you missed me. I would have been heartbroken if you hadn't."He teased a little looking pleased that she was treating him like she always did. Maybe getting her way from valerian would be easier then he thought

Alec smiled a bit, surprised to see the slight pain flicker through the emperor's eyes. "I was pleasant," he said, nodding. It was the year before his father passed, a sad day in Rome's eyes, and it was the last memory that Alec had of his own parents being pleasant. After his father had passed, his mother was deep in her own grief. It truly was Alec's job to be the head of the household at a very young age...

As they pulled up to the training facility, Alec took a deep breath. He walked along with Valerian to the door and entered with him, surprised to look over the balcony and see hundreds of training men turn to look at them both. Immediately, Alec took on his warrior face - serious and strong.

Ophelia smiled a little, her hand resting on his knee. It was something that she would surely get in trouble for if he guards chose to tell Valerian, but she thought nothing of it. This was Alexander - a man that her brother was very willing to allow to marry her at some point. After all, he did bring about feeling within her, and it made her feel a little regretful of her new life. Sure, she liked the emperor, but there was still a long ways to go in their relationship. "Heartbroken? Alexander, you have many women that are willing to give you their attention," she said, frowning a bit.

Valerian smirked a little as he followed the man in, tilting his head as he watched them. A flicer of pride gripping his heart when he saw the man sttle into the warrior's look,"My warriors. I hav come to give you your new captain of the guard. Shall we show him what we're capable of?"He asked smirking as he leaned against the balcony railing, watching the men closely. Making sure there wasn't more then the vague grumblings of a younger man being promoted to the title.

Alexnder smiled a little glancing towards the guards, making sure they eren't paying to much attention, and not paying attentio nto the greek slave at all as he smiled slightly."ah, but none of them would be you ophelia. You are totally unique, and it would be heartbreaking to not be able to speak to you."Alexander said, being his usually over the top charming self, having every intention of putting valrian to shame. After all he heard rumors of the emperor's temper, and he had every intention of taking ophelia away from him

Alec looked down at the men, his hand on his hips and his stance wide. He nodded to all the men, and once they realized that this was in fact the son of a man whom they all deeply respected, they slowly started to kneel to him. It was... an incredible feeling. He swallowed done a feeling that threatened to choke him with pride. "Continue," he ordered, then smiled a bit. His first official order, and all of them immediately went back to work. Of course, he'd make more of a speech at the Captain's Ball, a gathering at the palace that always happened when a new Captain was promoted... He watched for several moments, taking it all in, before turning to the emperor. "My lord, I can't thank you enough."

Ophelia was grinning ear to ear. As much as his arrogance irritated her through out the years, she always managed to get buttered up by his charm. It was hard not to. "I am unique because I never gave in to your desires," she said, smirking a bit. Her hand slid into his, like old times. "Valerian would not be very happy if he knew you were talking to me the same way you did before he laid claim on me." She arched her eyebrow, still looking amused.

Valerian smirked as he watched them kneel, snickering ever so slightly."It feels ood doesn't it?For all of them to kneel.Imagine, this is how I feel ll the time."He smirked t lec becuse it was true. The man no matter where he went, was always getting bowed to, or saluted.It was a heady feeling, no wonder he was as arrognt as he was. "You are welcome. I have faith that you will not make me regret this."He sighed softly, looking regretful for a moment. He so wanted to just stay here.

Alexander smirked a little as he squeezed her hand."This is true but it is still good."He said squeezing her hand before raising a eyebrow."Shall I stop then, my lady?Treat you as everyone else will?"He sid raising a eyebrow. Phedre meanwhile frowned a little as she wathed from where she was sitting, looking slightly worried. She better then anyone, knew just how bad Valerian's temper could be when he turned on someone.She ust knew this wasn't going to be pretty.

Alec leaned against the balcony, smiling like a kid in a candy store as the men went back to their training. It was a nervous, yet excited emotion he had built up. He had never expected such a promotion... "I won't," he said, "Disappointment is not an option." His eyes stayed on the crowed as he murmured the motto his father had always said. It was not to make his child or any of the people in his army believe that they could not fail - it was that they could do nothing less than their best.

After a few hours of walking around the training center, Alec turned to the emperor and raised his eyebrows. "Shall we go back to the palace? It's a few hours until night fall, and I know you will want Ophelia home at a decent hour from helping me set things up."

~~

Ophelia's smile faded, and she swallowed hard. "Well... I..." She looked around, glancing at Phedre for moment. She didn't want him to treat her like everyone else was. The kingdom hated her, and everyone close to her was walking around on egg shells. "No," she whispered, "No... I don't want that." It was clear she was vulnerable, and anyone watching would be able to see he was taking advantage of that. However, she didn't realize that. She thought that, at the moment, he was the only one treating her the way he had always treated her.

Valerian sighed softly as he turned away from his musing, before nodding slightly."We should. between ophelia and the slave, you should be able to get the house set up, at least enough to feel comfortable."He said as he got into the chariot and headed for the mansion. Eager to get back to ophelia, wanting to see how her day had been
~*~
"Good.Because neither did I."Alexander smirked looking amused as he pressed a kiss to her forehead before standing, just in time to because just then valerian and alec walked in, just missing the flirting. "Lord Valerian, Alec."He smiled pleased to see them. "Good day alexander."Valerian said looking slightly startled to see him before frowning a little, looking at ophelia."Would you like to go help your brother see to his house for the evening?"
Ophelia blushed, pulling away from Alexander on the chair and moving toward Valerian. It took a minute to shake of Alexander's words... She leaned up and kissed Valerian's cheek. "I would love that, my lord," she said, then gave him a curious look. "Why don't you come? You can get away from the palace and I can cook for you." She looked a little excited at the idea. Even if it would be a new, fancier house than Alec's old one, it would mean Valerian would have to take a step into her life. That sounded nice, considering the past few days had been all about her adjusting to his life. Not to mention, she was sure that he was not used to such a casual offer. Most of the women that slept with the Emperor wanted to be involved with him for the social and financial aspects. "We can be home before dark, of course." Her smiled was innocent and playful.
Alec glanced down at Phedre, his expression softer than before he had left earlier that day. "Come," he said, "We need to settle in our new home." Reaching down, he latched leash on to the collar of her uniform and gently tugged her to her feet. "You and my sister will help set the place up while I, Alexander, and His Majesty have a relaxing drink or two. Stay on your best behavior, or I will make this morning look like a gentle petting." His eyes locked with her's waiting for her to nod with understanding. "Clear?"
Valerian smiled a little as she kissed his cheek looking startled at her question. For a moment not knowing how to respond. He wasn't used to people inviting him on private moments, and he had thought that ophelia woul want some time alone with her brother. But it pleased him, to be invited."I think I would like that."He said tilting his head a little, leaning down to kiss her cheek before smirking, his eyebrows raising a little."Hm of course we will.I have plans for you."He teased waggling his eeybrows a little as he started leading her towards the door.
Phedre looked up at him, though he looked calm, there was fear in her eyes, despite his look, and his general calmer demeanor. Standing slowly she nodded."Ys my lord. I would be honored to set up your house."She muttered looking around her, shivering a little as her eyes touched ophelia and alexander before looking up at alec. Wanting to say something about them, but she knew better then to do it right now. "Clear, my lord. I will not let you down."She muttered as she followed the men out of the garden
Ophelia smiled, looking pleased that he idea of him coming to Alec's house. "Very well," she said, walking with him through the house and back out to the chariot. While they took one, Alec and Phedre took another one... When they approached the Captain housing, Alec was floored. It was a beautiful mansion - about 1/4 the size of the palace, but still incredibly large - with marble flooring, gold decorations, and statues of Roman gods all around. Out in the back yard was a marble swimming pool, something he had only ever seen at the palace when he was a young boy.
Once inside, Alec grinned. "Thank you," he said, sounding genuine as ever, "My lord, it's beautiful." He grinned and watched as servants moved around them, helping unpack things. After grabbing Alec and Valerian a drink and getting them settled in Alec's new office, Ophelia took Phedre upstairs with her. She went about making sure the bedrooms and everything were set up in a satisfactory order, then moved to the kitchen. She turned to Phedre and smiled. "You don't need to act like a slave around me. There's no point," she said, shaking her head. "Right now, I'm just trying to wrap my brain around the fact that the emperor actually agreed to come here... I thought it would be a shot it the dark, now I actually have to put a meal together." Deciding on cooking a roasted turkey, Ophelia nodded to the ice chest. "Grab a turkey and pluck it, will you? I'll get together some potatoes and carrots. That should be something he'd like... I hope." With that, she blushed.
In the new office, Alec sat with the emperor in an armchair, drink in hand. "Thank you for joining us for dinner," he said, nodded to him respectively. He took a sip of his drink and sighed. "Can I confide in you about something... highly personal?" He rubbed a hand over his face. "It has to do with the slave, I'm afraid - something I did this morning."

Valerian nodded smiling slightly."You are welcome."He said smiling as he followed the others inside.Being fr more pleasant then he usually was, but he had a reason for making sure both siblings were well pleased with him. Phedre smiled a little as she went upstairs, before frowning a little."o_Okay..."She muttered frowning a little not looking sure about the woman's words. It would be weird treating her like a normal person and not someone who owned her,even if it was her brother who owned her. "If he doesn't, I'm sure he'd be to polite to say so."Phedre said smiling a little as she set the turkey onto the table and started to pluck the turkey.
valrian smiled slightly."I enjoy eating with people. I spent to alot of my 20s eating by myself, it itsn't pleasant....and it pleased ophelia that I came."He said shrugging carelessly before frowning at the others words. Tilting his head slightly he nodded."What happened?'He asked looking vaguely concerned, not for phedre, but for whatever she had done to worry alec."If she's to much I can take her back."he said frowning.

Alec shook his head. "That's not what I meant," he said, "I... Well, she said something about my choice of bringing my sister to you, and I snapped. It wasn't a good time for me. I had this dream about... Well, it doesn't matter. She messed with me at the worst time, and I fucked her against the wall." He took a large gulp of his whiskey, showing that this was not a regular occurrence for Alec. "I mean, I was by no means gentle." Not wanting to make himself sound too soft, he quickly added, "Not that I should be, of course. It's just, well, I... released inside of her. Idiotic, I know, and I was just wondering... what you would do in such a situation. After all, the last thing I need his to impregnate a Greek." He frowned at that, looking to the emperor for some sort of advice or wisdom. He wondered if, with his many women he had probably slept with on the side, if he had been put in a situation similar to Alec's.
Ophelia blushed. "He really has no reason to be polite," she said, working on peeling the potatoes. "How has my brother been to you? He's always been against owning slaves. It was something my father felt strongly about... And he can also be grumpy." She smirked a bit at that, because it was true. Alec had a hard time showing any other emotion but seriousness half the time.
Valerian tilted his head, sipping his drink before smirking slightly."Well, she has a habit of being very annoying when no one wants her to be."He said before sighing softly thinking about it before shrugging."It is indeed the last thing you need, but if it happens there are steps to take."He rubbed a hand over his face as he sipped his drink.
"Being polite gets more things done then being cruel."Phedre said shrugging a little before flushing slightly as sh looked down, biting her lip as she worked on cleaning up the turkey,"He is fine.Nice. Kind."She said though her voice shook ever so slightly. Alec had managed to scare her badly, more then anything, and she wasn't about to talk badly about him to his sister.
Alec swallowed hard, nodding. "Well, it would be nice if we could keep this between the two of us," he said, "If anything were to come of this... I would need your help in whatever steps to take." He downed the rest of his drink and set it aside, hoping that dinner would be served soon. The last thing he needed was to get drunk on an empty stomach with the emperor at his house.
Ophelia smiled at her. "He's nice, but he's troubled," she said, "Don't let him fool you. The man has things going on that he won't even confide in me about. Things that have changed him through the years. Our father's death started it all, I'm afraid." She took the turkey and glazed it before surrounding it with potatoes and carrots. Once prepared, she put it in the oven and began to set the table. "And the emperor is a different breed," she said, shaking her head, "I've always heard he was rather... distant with his mistresses. Used them, then threw them away. He's almost acting as if he's courting me." She laughed a bit at the absurd statement that left her mouth. However, it was now clear to anyone that was listening that she had no idea what the emperor had planned for her.

"We shall then.There's no need to worry about it before we know for sure."He said sipping his drink slowly. Like alec having no intention of getting drunk. He just hoped that dinner went as well as everything else seemed to be going at the moment.
Phedre bit her lips thinking about that as she watched the woman work before helping her set the table."WEll...I will keep that in mind.Thank you for telling me."She said blushing ever so slightly, looking bemused because she knew that no matter how she looked at alec, there was no denying the fact that he could do whatever he wanted to her and no one would ever say anythnig about it. Looking startled at Ophelia's words she shook her head."Surely not. Lord Valerian doesn't court anyone or anything that doesn't serve his own ambition."She muttered before heading for the door."I'll go get the men."She said before walking out pausing in the doorway ,offering a small smile at valerian and alec."Dinner is ready, my lords."

Ophelia started to put the freshly roasted turkey on the table, then poured a few glasses of wine. Knowing better than to invite Phedre to the table, she brought a chair and a tray to the corner of the room for her. However, she made Phedre a plate just as generous as the others before moving to the parlor. She smiled brightly, obviously excited to have the emperor eat a meal she had cooked. Walking over to him, she gently took his hand. "My lord, are you ready for dinner," she asked sweetly, "I have a cobbler in the oven that we can eat in the parlor afterward if you like... If it's not too late, of course." She blushed and looked down at the floor.

Alec stood and headed for the dining room, smiling at the turkey. He was right - she went with her best meal... Glancing up at Phedre, he nodded to her and sighed. "Go ahead and eat," he said softly, obvious regret in his tone as he moved to sit down. He would definitely have to have some sort of talk with her before the night was over, even if it was not an entirely good idea.

Phedre smiled slightly at ophelia as she realized that the woman wasn't going to make her sit on the floor,dipping her head a little as she finished getting ready. Valerian smiled, tilting his head before leaning over to kiss her cheek."I am sure we can make time to eat a cobbler. It seems good in here, ophelia."he muttered smiling. He was indeed trying to court her, but not only because he had his own ambition for a child, it had been a truly long time since him and astrid had acted like the romantic loving couple,despite all appearances, the couple had started falling apart a long time ago.So he was enjoying being with ophelia. Settling at the table he smiled as he started to eat.

Phedre dipped her head looking up at him, slightly startled at his tone. Not used to masters feeling bad for how they treated his slaves. Her new master ws truly interesting. Flushing ever so slightly she smiled."Thank you my lord."She muttered before sitting down in the chair and setting the tray in her lap ebfore starting to eat.

Ophelia smiled and sat beside him, watching him try her turkey before moving to eat at her own plate. It was hard not to start feeling things for the powerful man, for he was being so... kind at the moment. It was very different from when she had first met him and Astrid had not left yet. Right now, it truly seemed like he was making effort to make her comfortable, and that caught her off guard. Why was he being so nice to her? She thought all he wanted was a woman to have sex with for a while, then set aside and replace.

Alec smirked, taking a bite of his turkey. "She makes a great cobbler. It will be nice to be left with the left overs once you two go back to the palace," he admitted, making Ophelia roll her eyes. He seemed pleased with how the emperor was choosing to treat his sister. It made him feel much better about his situation, which was nice, because it gave him one less thing to be guilty about.

When dinner was over, Ophelia let the men go back to the parlor while she grabbed the cobber. "Will you clean up?" she asked Phedre politely. "You're welcome to some cobbler when you are finished." She smiled at the other woman before bringing servings of the dessert out to the men and pouring them each a glass of red wine.

Once she had her own plate of dessert, she boldly sat on the emperor's lap and kissed his cheek. "What did you think of dinner?"

Phedre nodded flushing a little as she stood."I would be pleased to clean up, my lady.Thank you."She muttered smiling a little, bemused at the woman's treating of her before cleaning up and starting to clean the plates. Wondering exatly what was going on. Valerian was being...pleasant. Which meant he was probably up to something but she couldn't figure out exactly what yet.

"It was very good. We'll have to have it at the palace sometime.Though, it wouldn't be good to have my mistress cooking for me...I have servants for that."Valerian said frowning a little smiling at her as he looked up at her, starting to eat his cobbler."Though I might make the exception to that, this is even better."he said grinning a little before looking at alec."Do you nd anything before we leave for the day?"He said wondering just how alec was going to deal with his servant, and curious as to what would happen.He knew the family's views on slavery so he was sort of treating it like a science experiment to just see what happened.

Ophelia grinned at his compliment, looking truly pleased that he liked her cooking. "Maybe that means you will have to come with me here more often," she said, taking a bit of her own cobbler. It was so nice to see the emperor with such a charming smile on his face. The older man was truly handsome when he smiled, and it took years off his appearance. It made Ophelia feel giddy and flirtacious, as if this was really a courtship and not a professional arrangement.

Alec shook his head. "No, my lord, you have done so much already," he said, smiling gently, "I will... let you know about the situation that we discussed." He nodded and stood up as everyone had finished their dessert, bowing to the emperor and kissing Ophelia's cheek before showing them out. Once they were on their way back to palace, Alec moved to the kitchen and focused his eyes on Phedre. There was a mixture of regret and irritation in his eyes. "I should not have done what I did this morning. Despite the power I have over you, it was wrong... My temper got the best of me," he murmured, swallowing hard, "However, what you said about my choices... It was out of line, and I will have no more of that, am I clear?"

Once inside the chariot, Ophelia yawned and leaned into the emperor. It was dark now, and the star-y sky surrounded them on their way back to the palace. It truly was very peaceful, and it made Ophelia crave affection. Hesitantly, she leaned her head on his shoulder and scooted closer to him on the seat. "Thank you, Valerian," she whispered, her eyes closing. "Tonight was nice."

Valerian nodded slightly at Alec's words,"I will be eager to hear."He muttered following him back outside. Looking down at ophelia leaned into him, shifting to wrap a arm around her, he pressed a kiss to her head as he drove,"Your welcome."He muttered sighing softly, "I want you to be happy ophelia.I know that being my mistress will make things..difficult for you in some ways, so I will try to make it easier."he smiled slightly.

Phedre tensed as he came into the kitchen, staring down at the plate in her hands before glancing over at him. Shrugging absently at his apology, she didn't say anything more for a long moment. Because she knew he was capable of it now, she'd never trust him to not do it again. "Yes, I understand."She said tilting her head, swallowing hard."Do you want anything from me tonight my lord?"

Ophelia settled in the bend of his arm and smiled. She was so... surprised by his actions. "I just didn't think my happiness would concern you this much," she said, being honest, "I just... I thought I was only here for your sexual desires." She blushed and opened her eyes to look up at him. He was such a strong man with a wall around him that was much too tall for her to climb at the moment. However, she found herself becoming more and more curious. "I enjoyed cooking for you, my lord," she said, "I hope you will let me do things like that for you more often."

Alec sighed a looked her up and down. "No," he said, shaking his head, "Just draw me a bath, okay? Put some oils in it. I have a headache..." He swallowed hard and moved to the couch, sinking into it an rubbing his temples. He was truly conflicted, and he hated it...

"You are. But I have enough people whining at me to not want to have peace and quiet while having sex."Valerian said, a small smirk on his face. That smirk that made him so devilishly handsome to the women who didn't know there was a vicious edge under that playful nature. "Well. except for the sounds and noises that go with sex."He teased snickering a little before frowning a little at her words."Only at your brother's home. I will not have the servants and others talking about you cooking at the palace."

Phedre sighed, giving a shuddering breath before nodding."I can do that."She muttered nodding slightly before moving to the bathroom, starting to get things settled. frowning slightly as she wored on getting things just how he liked him she moved back into the living room and paused next to him."Your bath is ready my lord."She said studyign him, wondering if he wanted company during his bath. He looked stressed, maybe she could help?And she hated herself a little bit, for wanting to try and calm him.

Ophelia sighed a bit at his response. She had no idea why she expected him to say anything else. Of course he was being nice to her to benefit himself. "Of course, my lord," she murmured, then nodded. "Only at Alec's house. I wouldn't want people to talk." She looked around, taking in the fact that they were in an open field - nothing but stars surrounding them. It was nice, and as kind as he was being to her lately, she wasn't ready to go back to the harsh light of the palace. She would do about anything to stay under the stars for a little longer. "If you are feeling spontaneous, my lord, I can make the noises you love so much right now... out here." She glanced up at him, raising her eyebrow. After all, it was just them and the horse that pulled their chariot... Raising up a bit, Ophelia locked her lips on his neck, kissing and teasing it as her hand moved to his thigh.

Alec nodded and walked into the bathroom, stripping down and slipping into the warm bath. He let out a sigh of relief as the hot water made its point in taking out the knots of stress in his back. "Phedre, stay," he ordered softly, his eyes closed and his head leaned back against the tub. He pointed to a chair on the other side of the bathroom. "Bring it here and sit beside the tub..."

Once she was seated next to him, he placed his hand on her knee. "My father did not believe in slaves," he admitted, "Neither do I. However, if I return you to the emperor, you are as good as dead. Is this clear? You are safer with me. This means we are going to have to work out some sort of arrangement that keeps you as my slave and keeps me from losing my sanity."

Valerian yelped in startlement at her words and as she kissed his neck, nearly jerking the horses off the road as they gave a startled whinny as he jerked at the reins. Smirking as he leaned back to look at her he laughed quietly."Ah, it seems I've awoken a sex goddess in the innocent virgin."he teased grinning as he stopped the horses and tied off the reins to make sure that they would stay, before tugging her into his lap."I would definately be open to be hearing those sounds."

Phedre nodded as she brought the chair over, tilting her head as he touched her knee. Trying to stay calm,even if the touch made her nervous. That morning was to fresh, and her still aching body wanted to enjoy that warm water.But knowing better then to get in with him. "I know. It is safer with you."She said looking down, looking her age, looking so very young and afraid. Like his sister, she had no idea what to expect of the world around her anymore. "What sort of arrangement do you want?"She said before looking up at him.

Back
Top Bottom