Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Emperor's Mistress ((Lady&Blair))

Alec leaned back, allowing her access to his chest and abdomen. "That you did," he murmured, "And now you are working off the reward I gave you." He looked her over, watching as she pinned her hair back. The way she looked with her hair up reminded him of a lover he had a few years back. She was beautiful women who was a lady-in-waiting to the queen. Of course, she went on to marry a man with a high standing at court. It was really to be expected, but it broke Alec's heart. It was probably what kept him so hardened and closed off.

Reaching up, Alec let his hand trace along her collar bone as she bathed him. "How old are you?"

~~

Astrid sat still for a moment before leaning her head into his hand. "I suppose," she murmured quietly, pushing the blankets back and making room for him. She was not sure what his motive was, but she was interested to see what he had in mind. After all, she only had a few more hours in the castle before she left for the summer months. She's be back if he did not get his mistress pregnant, but if Ophelia was with child, her stay at the summer castle would become permanent, she was sure.

"You confuse me with your actions, husband," she murmured, laying her head down on her side of the bed.

"And what a reward it was. Something that bears repeating. Alot."She said a small smile curling her lips looking amused as she worked at cleaning him off. Shivering slightly as he stroked a finger over her collar bone she sighed softly, enjoying the touch before pausing. Seeming to think about it. "Well...I have been in rome a year... and rome had been at war with my people for 10 years and I was a child....so I am 19."She said doing the mental math of how long she'd been here, she had never really considered her age, since they hadn't celebrated birthdays or such in the temple, so age hadn't been really important to her.

~~

Valerian smiled slightly, pleased that she was allowing him to stay. Dropping his robe to the floor he climbed naked into the bed with her, he didn't sleep dressed, it was to uncomfortable. Shifting to get comfortable he curled his larger body around hers, pillowing his head on her shoulder, "I confuse myself with my actions,wife."he muttered aginst her skin,nuzzling her a little. Just enjoying holding her while he still could, while he could still pretend he hadn't ruined everything in choosing his country over his happiness."Just sleep and let me hold you,my star."He muttered.

Alec tilted his head to the side. She was not much younger than his own sister, and about seven years his junior. "I see," he murmured, moving to take another sip of his wine, "You are still young." He frowned a bit at the thought, but shook it away. After she finished cleaning him, he leaned forward nipped at her now clean neck. "Wake me up with the scent of breakfast," he murmured against her skin, then stood up from the tub. The water dripped off him as he downed the rest of his wine, tossed his robe on, and went to bed. He had every intention of sleeping off the hang over he would definitely have in the morning...

~~

Turning on to her side, Astrid ran her fingers through his hair and closed her eyes. "I am no longer your star," she said, shaking her head, "A star shines bright in the sky, husband, and it has been many years since I have done that much for you." She swallowed hard and turned until her back was pressed into her chest. She allowed him to hold her, but she would not give him the satisfaction of letting him see her cry. "You have no said this much, but I know it is true. You have not looked at me the same since the first child we have lost. You knew that I was never going to be able to be the Queen of your kingdom at that very moment, and I knew I had lost you..." She wiped at her eyes and looked out the window from where they laid. "My leave will be the best for the both of us."

"Old enough to bear wary of romans bearing gifts and shiny swords."She pointed out, a light teasing to her words, because the usual saying, even in their time, was to be wary of greeks bearing gifts. And espcially for her, being raised within a stone throws of Troy, where the greeks had made their famous gift, it was a common saying. Smiling as she watched him go she looked bemused at her reaction to him before cleaning up and settling down for the night.

The next morning Phedre sighed softly as she made his breakfast, settling it on the table before dressing in her outfit, glancing at herself in the mirror to make sure she would look good for him pining her hair up and stylized as nicely as she would have in the temple, before moving to the bedroom to wake him.

~~

Valerian bared his teeth a little in a silent snarl. Even in this defeat, he was unwilling to admit it. He had been a warrior for all his life, a general for most of it, hailed as the next alexander the great. He had for 9 years refused to admit what he'd known in that moment because he had been afraid to hurt her, to lose her, and yet....she'd always known.Feeling like a failure for the first time since his father died he sat up on his elbow to look down at her,pressing a kiss to her shoulder."I've always loved you.Even when I knew....knew that it would end in this...I didn't want to. I want you."he muttered in the darkness, sadness in those words. Oh yes, ophelia was going to have a easy time of making him be kinder, as he nursed a broken and angry heart.

Pressing a kiss to her shoulder again he sighed softly, resting his forehead on her shoulder. "Was there a world that was just mine and yours, where stars shone and beauty forever stilled into memory,and we could run away?"He muttered, remembering the words from the story of helen of troy and her paris who had run away and refused to deal with the affairs of state, for even in rome, troy was ancient by the time of the emperors of rome. But this was Valerian Caesar, who more then anyone else who had come before, was a slave to his empire, and would sacrifice everything to make sure it survived.

Alec walked into the kitchen looking a little rough around the edges. He swallowed hard and sat down at the table, his stomach rumbling at the scent of breakfast. He immediately began to eat as soon as the plate hit the table, stuffing a biscuit in his mouth with the hopes of it soothing his hang over and stomach pains. "We are going to town today," he grumbled, "There is hardly enough food in the house..." He glanced up at her and sighed. "You will have to be led around like any other slave, as much as I detest public humiliation... It's not really my thing, but if word gets out to the emperor that I've been treating you too kindly, he will be suspicious of my loyalties." He chewed on the biscuit and nodded to the floor. "Get a decent breakfast in, for we will not be back until late."

~~

Astrid looked over her shoulder at him and narrowed her eyes. Like him, she was not one to back down from an argument. "You want me? My lord, you've had me for years, but you've chosen this country as your lover. Do not deny it," she said, then sat up so that they were face to face. "Even if you could run away with my, Valerian, you wouldn't. You are married to Rome." She swallowed hard and rest her hand on his cheek. Her body shifted against his, turning and opening her legs to invite him. The night gown she wore settled around her waist.

"Make love to me," she said. Her fingers traced his jaw as one of her legs moved to hook around his naked thigh. "One last time. Make love to me without any intention of implanting an heir inside of me... Do it because you want to, and because this could very well be the last time you ever will."

Phedre looked up at him, looking thoughtful before nodding."Do not eat to much. It will make your head hurt more. Eat slowly."She instructed before paling slightly at his words before nodding curtly. "It is not the first time I have been led around like a dog brought to heel. Though it seems mildly better knowing that you will not enjoy it as much as the emperor does."she said thoughtfully as she sat on the floor starting to eat. Being more open abuout her words and thoughts now that he seemed to be opening up to her a little, and hadn't yelled at her for talkin yet.

~~

Valerian smiled slightly, glad she was willing to argue with him still. He'd always enjoyed a good argument, even if he din't like the truth she was telling him. Biting her shoulder a little he laughed softly, turning his head, pressing a kiss to her cheek."You married me, knowing I would always be more married to rome, then to you.I have bled putting his country back together, sacerficed men to do so, I will not let them tear it apart by leaving it 'to the strongest'"He muttered qouting alexander the great's famous last words. His generals had asked alexander who he left his empire to, and he'd answered to the strongest. And they'd torn his empire apart by the fighting, at even now, they were less then what they had once been.

Looking down at her he smiled a little, leaning down to kiss her slowly, sliding his hands over her thighs as he laid her back on the bed, "I always wanted to make love to you."He said frowning down at her, the hurt look in his eyes going bone deep as he realized that she thought he'd only ever wanted a heir. And while he did, that had never been his sole intention of having sex with her. He'd enjoyed her company to, had enjoyed their time together.

Alec sipped on some juice that was in front of him and leaned back in his chair. "I don't enjoy public humiliation, no," he said, "What goes on in my house, however, is fair game." He glanced at her, making sure she understood what he meant, then moved to stand back up. He went to the bedroom to put on a pair of sandals and a toga that reached his mid calf. When he returned, he strapped his bag across his chest and looked down at her. "And I like your hair pulled back. It suits you." He paused for a moment, then went back to putting things in his bag to prepare them for a day in town.

~~

Astrid laid back and opened herself up to him, her head tilting up to kiss him back. She was tender as always, even if she was hurt and broken on the inside. Her hands ran up his back and was not surprised to feel the marks that were left by another woman's nails... However, she did not mention it. It was not the time to rub such things in his face. She needed to allow him to say good bye, because she knew that she could never move passed her hard feelings if he drew things out.

"Maybe you did," she murmured, "But you also always had high hopes for something I was not equipped to give you."

Moaning as he entered her, she wrapped her long legs around him and pulled him in. This was a feeling that she had missed over the passed few months, considering they had not had sex since the last miscarriage. Things were far too broken between them by that time.

Phedre smiled sligtly as she looked up at him, frowning slightly."Oh?And what game is this?"She muttered looking thoughtful. Wondering just how bad this was going to be living here with him. Getting herself ready she stood, making sure she was well dressed before sliding the collar on, holding out the chain towards him."Thank you."She said flushing slightly. "And its easier to keep it from getting tangled when its up."She said making sure the chain couldn't get tangled in the chain before wlaaking with him

~~

Valerian sighed softly nuzzling her a little, tensing slightly as her fingers slid over the marks on his back. Leaning down he pressed a kiss to her neck as he rocked against her, closing his eyes as he enjoyed being with her. Shuddering as he raised his head, leaning down to kiss her softly. "I love you."he muttered closing his eyes as he rested his forehead against hers, a small tear escaping. Because it wasn't so much a declaration of feelings, but more of a quiet, mourning goodbye

Alec took the leash and walked her outside and toward the horse. "My game, my business," he answered curtly. Easily, he climbed on to the horse and held out his hand in order to pull her up with him. Once she was up, he settled her behind him and started to ride away from the house. "Be careful while we are in town. No speaking out of turn. I have some friends that we will most likely run into - fellow warriors of the emperor's army. They have very opinionated views on slaves that are prisoners of war." He glanced back at her, then kept riding. "I would have left you, but I was not sure how long I'd be out."

~~

The next morning, Astrid was gone before he woke up. She took great care in not disturbing him as she left for the summer house, not wanting to deal with another painful goodbye. Last night was enough to upset her, she didn't need him to do any more damage...

A servant came in a few hours later, gently pulling open the curtains so that the emperor could feel the morning sun. "My lord?" the servant called, "Breakfast is on the way. Would you like it sent here or in your own chambers?"

~~

Meanwhile, Ophelia was soaking in a bath that was so hot, it was nearly unbearable. She had woken up so sore that the maids had to give her a pint of alcohol and force her into the tub. The water was hot enough to keep her skin pink and her head whoozy. However, the pain was dulled for the moment...

Phedre nodded a little as he followed after him, jogging every few steps to keep up with him. Swallowing hard as she looked nervous at meeting up with people. Valerian was bad enough, but he'd pretty much left her alone when he wasn't actively trying to break her. He had to many other responsiblities to have spent his wole day with her. And Alex seemed kind. She didn't want to deal with other soliders."Well, it would be good to be out, no matter how nerve wracking."She sighed softly as she looked around the town that she hadn't seen before, at least not alot of.

~~

Valerian started a little at the sound of the servants, frowning confused at being left alone before sighing quietly.Rubbing his face as he sat up he smiled at the servant a little."My own chambers. And see that lady ophelia joins me after she is woken and ready."He said getting up and dressing himself before heading for his own rooms.

Alec glanced back at her. "You are to end your sentences with 'my lord', or have you forgotten?" he raised his eyebrow at her, then moved into the town. People looked up at him casually, but were not surprised to see the slave. After the war, many men had acquired slaves like Phedre. However, not all of them had slaves directly given to them by the emperor himself.

When he jumped down from his horse, he helped her down and tied the horse to a post. The town was busy and buzzing with chatter. Alec was hoping that he would not run into any of his friends this time. He was not in the mood to introduce them to Phedre.

~~

Once Valerian and made it to his chambers, the servants brought in Ophelia, who was dressed in new, light blue toga. Her hair was pulled into a loose braid that fell over her shoulder, and her skin was still slightly pink from the hot bath. She bowed before him and gave him a smile, even if her eyes showed pain. After being left the night her virginity was take, she felt cheap and used. It made her realize that she was going to be nothing but a toy to him...

"You Highness," she murmured in a soft voice.

"I had forgotten about that,my lord."Phedre muttered flusing at the reminder before siling slightly as she was helped down off the horse."Thank you my lord."She muttered looking around her,stepping a little closer to him. Overwhelmed by the crowd and chatter. It wasn't home, where she'd gone to the market alot, this was a city where they didn't speak her own language, and people who for the most part, didn't like greeks. "Where are we going first, my lord?"

~~

Valerian smiled a little at the sight of the woman in front of him, looking her over to make sure that she wasn't hurt more then expected."GOod morning, lady ophelia."He said tilting his head a little before waving for her to sit."And when we are alone, I will allow you to call me Valerian. 'your highness' sometimes gets tiring."he said making a face."Sit. Eat, I am sure you need it."

Alec took her leash and began to walked her down the coble stone road. "We will go to the butcher's shop first," he said, glancing around to make sure no one there knew him... Entering the shop, he ordered a couple chickens and a slab of beef to be wrapped up. His eyes moved over her, watching as she appeared nervous. "Don't look so frightened," he mumbled, "Nothing is going to happen to you here. Maybe if you were alone... But you are my property, and no one is going to harm my property." He stuffed the meat into his bag and nodded to the place across the street. "We need some more wine. I believe I had the last bottle last night..."

~~

Ophelia nodded and stood up, taking her seat across from him at the small dining table. "Good morning, Valerian," she said, just like she had the night before. She glanced up at him, then at the food. She was starved, but she was also nervous. His actions the night before made her realize that he was unpredictable. One moment he was gently, then he is leaving her all alone...

"I hope you slept well," she said, popping a strawberry into her mouth. She shifted a little in her seat a made a small whimper sound, for she was still quite sore. "I am sorry, my lord," she said, blushing for a moment, "The wine is wearing off."

Phedre nodded a little as she looked around, trying to calm her nerves before laughing softly."It is not a place friendly to greeks, my lord, even if I am a property, it is not pleasant to be out in a crowd. My lord."She said tacking the last on to make sure she ended her sentence with it before yelping at the sudden shout of greeting as they walked into the wine shop. "Alec!"The big blond man was a few inches taller then Alec, and fairly towered over phedre as he walked closer. The ommander of the northern legions having just returned from spain, with this blond brute of a warrior in tow, the warrior alexander."How are you doing?"Alexander asked as he approached.

~~

Valarien smiled a little at her words sipping his wine before nodding a little."I did sleep well.And you?"He said a slight frown on his face as he considered waking up alone. But like astrid, he knew it was for the best, but it didn't mean he had to be happy about waking up alone. Nodding towards a servant he said,"Bring her a cushion."he said before pouring her a small glass of wine."Here. Drink and you will spend the day resting."

Alec smiled at his friend, casually stepping in front of Phedre to shake the man's hand. "Well," he said, "I am sure you've heard about me having to take my sister to the palace yesterday. It's been rather odd to not have her around." He ran a hand through his hair. "How are you? I'm sure it's nice to be home and be able to relax..." He turned to Phedre and nodded to the bench that was a mere foot away. "Sit while I speak with Alexander, Phedre." He raised his eyebrows at her, then turned back to his friend. "I am still getting used to this," he admitted, nodding to the new slave.

~~

Ophelia blushed and took the wine, watching as a servant went to go fetch her a cushion. She looked over at the older man, her eyes growing soft. "Will you be resting with me?" she asked softly, tilting her head to the side, "You look as if you had a long night, my lord..." She took a gulp of her wine and sat on the cushion that the servant brought her. It helped a little, but it did nothing for her nervousness. She was not sure how to act around him quite yet... Last night, he seemed as if he could not wait to get away from her once he had his orgasm... If she wanted to live, she was sure that she needed to keep his attention on her. The only way to do that was to remind him why he chose her in the first place.

Alexander smiled a little as he nodded dropping the other's hand as he studied the slave girl."I had. I couldn't quite believe it, but I see now that you have been well rewarded for doing so."his smirk became a leer before turning back into a smile as Phedre sat down on the bench,looking around her as if trying to figure out how to run away with a chain set so firmly on her. "Oh I am sure you'll get used to it soon enough.The slave girls are always good to have around, since no one cares if they are abused. Nice to have around when angry."Alexander said, he was a bully for the most part, and not very bright, but for the most part him and alec got along.

~~

Valerian smiled a little as she got comfortable before shaking his head sadly."As muhas I would enjoy spending the day with you, there is still a kingdom to run. And I do have to see your brother today. Would you like me to ask him here?"He said studying her for a moment. Looking tired, but not nearly as tired as he probably would feel in a few days as his guilt and anger ate at him, making sleep restless and long.

Alec smirked a bit, despite how disturbed he felt at his words. "Right you are," he said, "And she helps with the void that my sister left with me. You know, she used to do the cooking and cleaning." He sighed and looked down at the slave. Of course, everyone knew that Alec and Ophelia were much closer than that. In fact, they'd been extremely close because they were really the only family they had. That was something well-known in the community. "You should come by for dinner soon, Alexander," he said, "She makes a nice roasted duck, and I haven't seen you since combat. We should have a night to relax and catch up, if you are up to it."

Reaching down, he caressed Phedre's hair like one would a loved pet. He did it to assert his ownership, knowing the thoughts that were probably going through his friend's head.

~~

Ophelia frowned a bit at his answer, but perked up at the idea of her brother coming. "That would be nice," she said, grinning wider than she had since she arrived. "Thank you, Y- Valerian." She blushed a bit and finished her breakfast, drinking the rest of her wine in order to help aid her pain... As a second thought, she stood up and walked to his side of the table. No matter how sore or nervous she was, she was a strong girl who knew that it was her job at the moment to keep the emperor happy. It was a nerve-wracking job, but her and her brother's life depended on it. No one survived being on the wrong side of the emperor's mood.

The younger woman boldly slipped into the emperor's lap, her face inches away from his. She grinned at him and moved her hand up to trace his prickly jaw line. "Your lap is much more satisfying than the cushion," she murmured, "It's a shame I can not sit in it all day."

Alexander nodded a little."I know. I am sure you'll miss her, but having this one around is so much better. Less social problems with having sex with a slave then a sister."he teased a little because some in rome had considered the siblings relationship odd at moments, almost to close. But he knew there was nothing like that between the two. "I will have to come. It will be a good evening."He said his smirk turning into a leer as he looked down at the slave leaning into Alec's hand, enjoying the wide eyed fearful look she was giving him. "But I must be going. My mother is expecting me for lunch."He said smiling as he left.

Phedre watched him go, shuddering a little as she wrapped her arms around himself."You look disturbed my lord."She muttered.

~~

Valerian smiled a little."I will make sure to send a servant for you when he arrives."He said laughing softly as he finished his food, looking startled as the girl slid into his lap. Leaning back into his chair he absently wrapped a arm around her waist as he looked up at her, pressing a kiss to her palm. "It is a shame. But I would get no work done with you in my lap, and I am sure the senators would find it disturbing to have my mistress sitting on me while I'm writing laws today. Not to mention your brother might be disturbed at it."he said looking amused as he stole a kiss.

Alec looked down at Phedre and frowned. "Not disturbed," he lied, "After all, I warned you about my friends. They are clear about their views on women of your kind." He sighed and pulled her toward the counter so he could pay for his wine, then slipped it into his bag. When they left, he hung the bag on the saddle of the horse, then helped her up. The day, apparently, was already leaving them behind. It was starting to get dark, and they still had an hour-long ride toward home. "It seems we will have a guest," he said, "I want you to prepare a dinner for Alexander and I. Just make sure to watch your behavior around him. He will be the first of my friends to mention when you are out of line."

~~

Ophelia smirked and leaned in to his kiss, receiving chills at the intoxicating feeling. "You are Emperor," she said with a witty tone, "I'd say that you could do just about anything you please."

Sure, they were not close yet. They had just met, and they each had personal issues that they had yet to share. However, there was nothing wrong with being flirtatious. Maybe she would charm her way into his heart, figuring out the intimidating emperor...

"What is it that you are meeting with my brother about?" she asked with curiosity, her hand staying on his cheek. She loved the feeling of his facial hair.

"Have you not heard it is bad to lie to priestesses?His view disturbed you, my lord."She muttered studying his face as they walked, quiet and thoughtful. Leaning against his chest as they road she sighed softly, glad that she was small enough to sit in front of him, and not risk falling off. Horses frightened her badly."I will do that my lord. I have no desire to get you in trouble, my lord."She muttered quiet until they got back home, actually falling asleep.

~~

"True, but I prefer actually getting work done. If I took you, all I'd hear would be complaints and nothing ever would get done and then I'd have to punish them for not listening to me... just to much hassle."He said with a slight amused look as he looked up at her. "I would like to give him command of rome. At least the military force here. As I am emperor, I can't oversee the military training every day, so I would like Alec to see to it."He smirked slightly. "And I want to see how the girl is."

"Ah, but you are not a priestess, according to Rome," Alec said, a warning in his voice. He rode back home carefully, letting her sleep, and carried her inside. She laid her down on the couch and began to stock the groceries in the kitchen area. Once he had everything settled, he nudged her awake and sat down in his arm chair. "Go ahead and start on dinner," he ordered, "I'm starved, and I want to make sure you get something to eat before he gets here, for you will be permitted to eat with us." He leaned back and sipped on a glass of wine he had poured for himself, a book in his free hand.

~~

Ophelia's eyes widened and a grin spread across her face. "Oh, he will be so excited," she said, looking up at him with surprise. She was truly happy for her brother, because she knew this was all he had ever wanted. It had been his mission in life to live up to their father's reputation, and this was exactly the kind of move that would make people respect him as more than "Antonious' son".

Smiling a little, Ophelia shifted to wear she could reach her wine glass, taking a sip. At the moment, it was her liquid courage. "And how will I entertain myself while you are gone?"

"I am a priestess, just because you don't recognize my gods, doesn't mean I can't worship them, my lord."phedre said her own anger and rage at being tethered to a society that didn't respect the years that had gone into her worship, the years it had taken to become a priestess, destroyed a part of her. Made her feel just as worthless as romans thought she was. Yelping when he nudged her she smiled sleepily, rubbing her eyes. Okay, my lord."She muttered going to the kitchen to cook, settling it on the table and eating her own small potion of food before moving to look at him."My lord?Did you want to join you?"She said looking down at him as he read.

"Alec?"Alexander called from the front hall way as he let himself in, undoing his sandles as he walked further into the home.

~~

"I am sure he will be.He deserves it. Not only did he let me have you, he is a good warrior."Valerian agreed before shifting to stand, sitting her down in the chair before slipping on his sandles. "I will see that you are given books or whatever entertainment you would like."He smiled leaning down to kiss her forehead."Do you need anything else before I leave?If you need anything while I am gone, ask one of the servants."

Alec glanced up at Phedre and quickly snapped at her. "Go fetch Alexander a glass of wine," he ordered, before standing up and greeting his guest. "In here." He smiled and nodded for Alexander to take a seat before returning to his own arm chair. The smell of a roasted duck wafted through the air as they relaxed and sipped on the dry red wine. "Phedre! Have the dinner spread out on the table," he said, then smirked at his friend, "So how have you been, Alexander? Have you found a nice woman to settle down with, or are you going to continue fucking anything with two legs?"

~~

Ophelia leaned into his kiss and frowned a bit. It was clear that she was disappointed by the idea of being left alone once again. It wasn't exactly that they were close enough for her to miss him, but she felt so lonely in the huge palace. "I like books," she sighed, wrapping her arms around herself, "And nature... Am I allowed outside, my lord?" She glanced out the window longingly, wanting to be outside in the warm sunshine for just a few hours.

Phedre flinched at his words, nodding quickly."Yes my lord."She muttered as she waled to the kitchen to get the wine. Returning with glasses for them both before beginning to set the food out. "I have been well. I had hoped to see your sister while I was home, she was always pleasant to speak with."The man smiled as he watched phedre from him chair sipping the wine."And I have had no time to settle down with anyone, alec."He said snickering a little as he tilted his head, watching the slave in the other room.

~~

Valerian looked down at her, anger darkening his eyes at her disappointment. AFter so many years of seeing a similar look on Astrid's face, he had no desire to see it on hers. The wounds were to fresh and sore. Straightening he nodded curtly."You are allowed anywhere on the grounds. Do not go out without a escort or telling me you are leaving the palace grounds if you would like."He said turning to leave. Needing to send a message to Alec, and get some work done.

Alec frowned a bit. He never liked the idea of Alexander liking his sister in such a way, but he had to be honest, if worse came to worst, he would have let him marry his sister. In the world they lived in, Alexander was far from the worst man his sister could marry. "Well, you will have to fight the emperor for her now," he said, amusement coloring his green eyes. "It seems that he has become rather serious about giving the country an heir." He nodded to the dining room and sat down in front of the hot plate of food. His stomach grumbled at the sight. "Phedre, sit." He nodded over to the corner of the rug between Alec and Alexander.

~~

Ophelia nodded and did as she was told, taking an escort down the stairs and into the vast land that surrounded the palace. She sat underneath a tree, soaking in the sun and reading one of her favorite books. However, after a few hours, she noticed that several civilians were starting to line the gates the separated them from the palace. It alarmed Ophelia, making her back into the tree as the guards took their stance.

The civilians started to shake the gate, calling her the most horrid and nasty names. After she realized why they were acting the way they were toward her, it brought her to tears. They knew that she was the new mistress - they knew she was the reason that their Queen was sent away.

She felt so small as the guards began to surround her with their weapons drawn, threatening the angry mob outside of the palace gates. It was terrifying, and all she wanted was to disappear.

Back
Top Bottom