Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

TOME: Terrain Of Magical Expertise OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugger82

Singularity
Thread
Character Profiles

Hello there user. Please allow me to be the first one to welcome you to Terrain of Magical Expertise, or TOME. If you could take a minute of your time, or even five minutes, to watch our Traveler's Guide for new players, it will make things flow much more smoother for your creation of your character and your next step into the world of TOME!

Now that you have watched the Traveler's Guide and now have a better understand of TOME, the next step will be the creation of your character! Upon the grand opening of TOME, you will have access to the game and all of its utilities at your will!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that the simulated game intro is over with, now I will begin with the actual plot of this RP. TOME is a MMORPG game of the highest quality, and very popular around the world. Players can compete against one another, take quests with friends or solo them, socialize, or even be hired to take part in teams and make real money in the real world! However, there are beings called Hackers in this world that defy the game's logic and can bend and twist the rules to their advantage. Please watch this short two minute video featuring TOME's icon hackers demonstrating their illegal usage of abilities.

In general, Hackers have the ability to alter the game so that they can destroy graphics, alter the appearances of items or themselves, run external programs to corrupt data, or even make themselves stronger! Note that these are NOT the kind of hackers that hack into accounts.

The unknown villain of this RP has found a forbidden power, a lost piece of coding hidden with TOME and merged with it. Using this power, the villain has corrupted the entire world so that no player can escape, and they have been completely trapped inside of TOME with no escape! If you have ever seen Sword Art Online, it is much like that. However, the only difference is...if you die in this game, you respawn. A key factor of this game is its PvP, and if you die permanently...it would kill that key factor. The only way of escape is to find this villain and defeat him!

If anyone is interested, feel free to post on this thread. The more the merrier! Once I have enough people who decide to join, I will get started on a Character Profile sheet and thread.

RE: TOME: Terrain Of Magical Expertise

And three is enough to start! Okay. Find the Character Profile and post it there. Then await for approval. :]

Excellent. Both of your characters are approved. We can either wait until Nibbles makes a character or I can call to get this moved to the OoC area and get the actual RP up.

Either is fine with me so I'll let you decide what you do :)

You could always send Nibbles a PM if you're worried she might not notice.
I say we might as well get things rolling.

Hm...Alright. I'll just contact a mod to move the thread to the OoC and get started on the opening post. Should we skip the whole 'meeting up' bit and already know each other?

I'm thinking of something like the opening of Ocean's Eleven. One guy, say, your character, has an idea. But he's more of a lone wolf, so he goes to one of his friends with that idea, say, sweety's character, and asks her if she knows anyone else both good and crazy enough for the team, and she comes to me while you go recruit Nibbles. Whole team comes together, you pitch the idea, and we kick some ass.

I like Raze's suggestion a lot. Also can include like they go to each other to ask to join but at same time do a small battle to test out the other person to make sure they live up to their reputation?

Just for a random quest though that could grant good EXP then. I won't have the villain come in until later when we established characters' personalities and such. No need to rush things. I'll get started on opening a post, seeing the quest, and going about to find either find you or sweety.

EDIT: Or we could have a PvP match to start things off.

I really think the pvp match sounds good. Like you heard about their reputation and they could be a real help but you have to make sure they live up to their reputation because you can't take the risk that they might come up short and you fail.

One, it's not a gridless, unofficial battle. There's a COMMENTATOR. Meaning it's obviously official.
It's just a show match, but it's still an official match, with a grid, with spectators, with rules.

Second, it's in MECHCITY, where tournaments are, NOT LAVEN. You guys can be spectating in a screen from Laven, but Imphrael is in Mechcity.
He hates hackers too much to just wander in Lavenderia. If he's going there he's going for a purpose. Otherwise he's in the city.
He's busy enough with city matters alone, as is. Everyone wants a shot at the title, after all.

I kinda understood it was official and was thinking the match was broadcast, that's what I meant by watching it; Never said she was part of the audience around the fight now did I so before you attack me, get your facts straight mister champion.

Then talk to him in a civil manner about it and not go out and attack us all by saying you both. Not to mention the way you used in speaking is more like barking.
And on another note I'm out of the rp. If you're going to do pvp and then go about how you're all mighty and undefeatable because you call yourself the champion, then no thank you.
Sorry jugger but I'm out

Yes it was my fault. My apologies. Going to delete my post. I was kind of rushing since I was doing something at the same time and I apologize for skimming through the post.

Powerful and invincible are two different things. Jugg's character is about on par with mine. A utility-based water healer, while a lovely asset to a team, is not going to beat a physical/lightning-based bruiser in a 1v1.

The reason I have him as the champion is for the roleplay element of giving him a lot of enemies. When the mission starts, the Bloodletters are going to be after him, along with everyone who wants the title for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom