Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Metal: A Headbanger's Journey

psych80

The Mindful Cook
Supporter
Just got done watching this documentary and plan on referencing it in a research paper I'm doing on the origins of Death Metal and I have to say it was quite good.

I have no idea how many other metal heads there are here at bm but I would say that if you have any passing interest in any of Metal's many sub-genre's then it's well worth a watch. Tons of interviews with the most important people in Metal and it's well researched and presented. Sam Dunn the narrator a the one with whom you take this journey into Metal music with, is a published Anthropologist.

This may sound sad but I developed a new-found appreciation for rock thanks to Brutal Legend. The game focuses on an epic journey through the world of Rock and Role, delivering the Music of the Titans to man to overcome adversity and ridicule. Overall, an excellent blend of humor, fantasy and Rock and the game is absolutely chocked full of Heavy Metal music. It's thanks to this that I discovered many bands and artists I had never even heard of before.

Check out this documentary, I'm willing to bet you'll discover more bands.

I listen to every form, genre, idea, and contemplation of the mere thought of rock. All the way from Classic starting in the 40's all the way up to Today. With singers and bands like Ben E. King, to Ensiferum or Korpiklaani. Though my all time favorite is Aerosmith. Rock on mother fuckers.

*is a European Metal junkie*

I loooove with a passion Symphonic Metal, however Power Metal will also hold a very special place in my heart.

I also saw this documentary awhile ago. It's very informative [And surprising since I actually knew over half the bands mentioned. YATTA for me] and well worth watching.

I love a lot of music from rock to metal.

I just finished listening to Mudshovel by Staind. I recommend looking it up, it's a great song.

Back
Top Bottom