Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Wife Secretary // Findarato and Lemon

Findarato

Star
The tires rolled against the wet pavement, the occasional gravel scrunching beneath their weight. The black vehicle came to a halt, and its engine soon turned off. It was a black sports car, modern in its design with sleek walls that was riddled in droplets of water from the rain that had poured down earlier in the evening. It had stopped on a curb.

Even its windows, were tinted in the same black hue of the car's surface. The driver side window rolled down. A man's face was seen, a scrutinizing gaze was focused past the sidewalk, and to the immediate residences that were parallel with the car. The man's complexion was textured- rugged lines running along his face to display that he was middle age, perhaps in this early or mid forties. His chin had a cleft to it, that in itself seemed to display that he was some obnoxious big shot. However, it was canceled out by his dark brown eyes. They were cold and calculating, without emotion or feeling to them. They were easily his most striking feature from the way that they were the first thing to be noticed. His hair was a jet black, of medium length. However, the ends of it, particularly his sideburns, were salted in gray hairs to display his age.

A moment passed, and he stepped out. Like his car, and his face, his attire was professional. It seemed to smell with ambition, a black suit with an equally dark tie and a white dress shirt seen beneath it. His dress shoes were polished to give them an appearance of looking brand new. His build was tall, and seemingly willowy until one carefully noticed the way his arms filled out his sleeves. Despite his age, there was no sign of a stomach on him, his was flat against his body, maintaining his professional appearance as well as the fact that he probably was in shape.

With slow, deliberate steps, he walked towards the door. He hoped this was the right address. Two knocks were placed on the door, and he stepped back. A folded umbrella was held in his left hand in case if it started to rain. It had been pouring minutes before, after all.

Many claimed she had the patience of a saint, and while Piper could wholeheartedly understand where they were coming from.. well, it just seemed a bit silly. All she did was follow the rulings of her boss perfectly. She had been his secretary for a few years now, and knew the ins and outs of his business like the back of her hand. She had been fresh out of college when she came to him, eager and willing to learn as an intern, hoping it'd set her in the right direction. He knew people, people she also wanted to know.

It had always been a dream of hers, to make it big somehow, live a wealthy life, comfortable in her finances and surrounding herself with hiking numbers. Ever since she was a child, she had been fanatic about order and structure. Everything had to be where it belonged, neat and settled. It just.. it worked for her, because it was exactly what he had wanted. Taking her under his wing, showing her the ropes, giving a harsh slap on the wrist whenever she managed to slip up. All was definitely for naught.

So when he had asked her to attend a business dinner, wanting her to take notes, Piper was happy to oblige. Yes, he was very stoic, almost dead cold, even during summer.. but, he had to be. He was a hard working man, and didn't want to see his empire fall. She admired him fiercely, to the point her professional standpoint had warped into something that left her damp between the thighs after her long days at the office. Maybe it was the way he seemed to so easily dismiss her, forcing her to want more. Or, it could even be the occasional compliment, how he rewarded her for a job well done. It was both, she knew it.

Someone was at the door and she was fiddling with the high, sharp black heel she had picked out to wear. It contrasted beautifully with the deep, emerald green dress that clung to her body like a glove. Sleeveless, and made of rich velvet, it showcased the twenty-four year old's stature flawlessly. Legs that could reach the high heavens, wide hips, thick thighs and a tiny waist. Not to mention, a rather impressive abundance of cleavage, too. That was another plus when it came to working for him.. she could dress like an absolute star, and not feel too overdone at all.

Turning the handle, she opened the door with a sparkling smile, pale hair falling just at the middle of her neck, ironed straight and framing an equally delicate face. Her features were sharp, almost like a cat's, exotic and yet graciously soft. "Right on time like always," she greeted happily, brushing off her dress once more, just to be cautious, before she grabbed at the black coat hanging off to the side on a hook, "Ready?"

Thomas waited patiently as he could. In his mind, a million things were going through his head, but on the surface, none of it showed. He had a calm, cool demeanor and with his professional appearance, he had the look of a true businessman, and one that knew exactly where he was going, and what he wanted.

When the door open, a steady smile was given to Piper. The man was a hard boss to work under, but when you worked well, you were rewarded. Often his smiles were forced, joined by words that he probably said more than a few times a day to workers who performed well. However, as Piper looked at him, his smile was different. A more natural curl was at his lips, and his teeth were displayed more fully. Even his eyes had a different glint to them, one of happiness and delight, and all it seemed reserved for her, just because he was seeing her.

"An absolute delight, as always, Piper." That alone was rare in itself, normally he did not even address her by her first name. Piper knew better than anyone else of the man's incredible work ethic, he was the first to get to the office, and the last to leave. He also worked from home, and judging by his appearance tonight, it was a wonder if the man gave himself any free time.

At her question and watching her pull the coat off and onto herself, he chuckled. "I'm always ready. You should know that by now. The question is: are you?" Any other day at the office, it would have struck fear into any of his worker's hearts, but the words accompanied by a smile and the chuckle, made it seem like a jest. Behind him, the water started to come down again. Thomas Dalton unfolded his umbrella carefully, thankful that he was still beneath the protection of her roof, and lifted it up over his head. His arm extended out bending at the elbow and placing his fist near his lip, a gesture of offering his arm for her to hold so they could be under the umbrella. "Shall we?" he asked, taking careful note of her hourglass figure.

And there it was, one of the main reasons why her simple fit of esteem towards her boss swelled into something far more personal than she would have initially liked. The way he looked at her sometimes, that smile.. how it crinkled his matured, slightly aged face and had her heart skipping a few beats in turn, the attraction was definitely there. Age never had been a misleading factor for her, and honestly? Never would. If Piper Jensson liked someone, then she liked them. Woman or man, young or old.. it was all the same to her.

"The feeling is mutual," she urged, fingertips working to get her long coat in place, the heavy black wool quick to warm her up and shield her from the chilled breeze of outside that was sweeping past Thomas. He was either in a very good mood tonight, or the dress she had picked out, was working wonders on him. Yes, he had called her by her first name before, but.. well, maybe she was hoping he was a bit more excited to see her because of the change of scenery. In the office, it was all business, absolutely no room for anything in between. Here, though? She could maybe get away with a few moments of casual conversation.

At his question, she quirked a shapely brow, the strange color of her eyes, a mix between hazel and silver, darkening a bit. "Does it look like I'm not ready," Piper teased before she let out a soft laugh and hooked her arm in his. Her purse, a black clutch, was within her grasp just before she closed the door of her small, humble bungalow. It was perfect just for her, almost doll-like in its charm. "It's a pity it's raining tonight," she began, keeping herself close to his form, and under the umbrella, "Despite me loving this weather, I hate getting my shoes dirty."

The smile never removed itself from his lips. He had smiled at her here and there, but this seemed entirely different. All the seconds were quickly adding up, and it was easy to decide that this was the longest he ever smiled at her. "You look as ready as ever," he concluded, tightening his arm slightly to let her feel the toned muscle beneath his sleeve. With that, he began to walk out into the rain with her, the umbrella protecting them for the most part.

"It is a pity," he agreed. "It looks nice, but to deal with? Not pleasant. We shall not be outside long," he explained. She already knew the restaurant he told her they were going to- an expensive Italian one that was reserved for the elite of the city. A student fresh out of college and having an intern would never step inside the establishment, but tonight, Piper would. He approached his car, and opened his door for her, letting go of her and pressing a hand on the small of back to guide her, before he offered his hand as a means for support if she needed it, all the while he protected her from the rain that she hated and loved.

After she was inside, he returned quickly, unfolding his umbrella before he got in. Inside, his car was much like the rest of him. Classy, and professional. The seats were of a leathery black, and his stereo was highly expensive, a built in GPS system was the main highlight of it. "On behalf of the company and myself, Ms, Jensson," he said, turning his head to look at her as he started up the car, a low roar coming from the engine, "we really appreciate your attendance tonight." He smiled at her again, and his eyes briefly scanned down her physique, taking note of her thick thighs and the exposed flesh of her legs. "Also," he said, more playfully, "your dress is very lovely.

Soon he focused on driving, pulling his car away from the curb. Already she could tell it drove very smoothly, and inside of the car, the sounds of the rain thudding against the roof of the car seemed like a far off reality as well as the way the tires rolled against the pavement. Mr. Dalton's hand reached for the stereo, and turned on the radio, the default was a jazz station that he kept at a low volume. After all, he had to break the news to her and casual conversation would be the best.

Was he always like this when going out to dinner? She could certainly see him flashing those pearly whites at a date. Maybe a high-class model, or a foreign actress.. something of that sort, but to her? His secretary? Piper, while she was admittedly whimsical when it came to her imagination, certainly wasn't delusional. He was just happy, and it made her happy in turn. His life was hectic, she knew that better than anyone else. She kept track of his scheduling, which was in itself almost inhumane. He was always busy, something that he handled with nothing short of professionalism. However.. didn't everyone deserve a break?

Taking his hand when it was offered, she slipped into his car smoothly, trying to ignore the way her body grew alight with sensitivity. His hands were much, much larger than her own. They were rough, but held a tenderness to them that she wondered idly, if it'd feel just as good against other places. Before Piper could start to daydream, she practically kicked at herself, knowing this was definitely not the time nor place to fantasize.

She hadn't expected his kind words of gratitude, but honestly, he was just that type of person. Nothing short of mannered and perfect. "You're most welcome, but.. I'd do anything for you and this company, Mr. Dalton. You've given me a chance no one else would, and I appreciate that more than you'll ever understand," Piper urged, her cheeks notably growing hot as the hue of them became tinged with crimson. It dusted across the tender bridge of her nose, forcing her body to give a shift of uncertainty. "Heh.. I haven't worn this dress in quite a while," she admitted, glancing down towards the peeking emerald from beneath her coat, "I'm glad you like it, though."

Had he been looking at her legs? No, that'd be silly. They might have looked fabulous and she was very much proud of her ability to keep up her physique despite the hectic load of her work, but.. this was her boss. He was her mentor, someone she looked up to, not someone who checked her out. So, she let the comfortable silence envelope her, which was interrupted by the smooth sound of jazz a moment later. Tonight was going to be enjoyable, she could feel it in the marrow of her bones.

His hand dwarfed her own. They were warm, and she could feel the textured calloused palm. His grip was steady as he assisted her, yet it was also surprisingly gentle for a hand so large and worn with use.

Carefully he listened to her. He knew how much she admired him, and appreciated the fact he hired her to begin with. Often she worked overtime without complaints (although the overtime pay probably had something to do with it) always with a smile on her face. Thomas couldn't have asked for a better secretary. "I know. Tonight is a big deal. These two investors, if I can persuade them to put their interest in our company, could make us a national contender in the software industry. Of course our software is top notch, however, without the proper funding, we won't get anywhere simply because we can't advertise."

His business was developing software, in their state and local community, they did well, but Mr. Dalton was a man who always hungered for more. He wanted to have more offices, more employees, more software, and most importantly, more money. Tonight was crucial for that goal.

"That being said, Piper," he stopped at a red light. He looked at her. "I have something to ask of you." The words of the phone call with the investor rang in his ears, loud and clear as he watched her, "We look forward to meeting you and your wife, Mr. Dalton."

It was a huge risk to even take her, what if she messed up? What if she said no? He would have to go back and drop her off, and a huge void would be staining their relationship forever. There were so many possibilities that could happen in a negative way, and only one in a positive way. She would say yes, and do a splendid job. There were other women in the office who Thomas knew would easily accept the task, but they were not as competent, nor as beautiful as Piper. All of these things he thought of while he watched her.

It was a lot to take in. This evening was far from a casual dinner with a few interested investors. This would most likely make or break Mr. Dalton's business. Of course, Piper had all the faith in the world invested into him and knew he'd do just fine, but.. to know that he was bringing her? Hoping she'd be able to take note of such important details? The young woman didn't doubt her ability, but.. she was a bit nervous. Never before had he bothered to take her along to one of his many business dinners, so this was definitely a step in a foreign direction.

She'd be calm about it though, keep quiet and only speak when spoken to. Piper knew how to act, as she had from the moment she walked into his office, hoping he'd accept a very eager, willing and young intern. He had, and after working with him for a few years now, she felt he trusted her as much as she trusted him. It was finally happening, she felt almost.. important.

So when he claimed he had something to ask of her, considering all he had done for her already, it was no surprise that she immediately turned, an expression of curiosity crossing her face. "What is it," Piper urged, getting the inkling that this was going to be something risky. Maybe it was from the way he had said it, or was looking at her now. She honestly didn't know what he could possibly ask of her, that'd be so.. obscene. This was Mr. Dalton, a man that had his head on straighter than anyone she ever knew.

Piper knew Thomas better than most, even if she did not realize it. Already she could tell there was something in the air from her expression, and the way he asked. "As you know, my wife and I divorced several years ago before you were hired at the office," he began. It was better to ease this in, rather than ask her straight up front. That way his words would weigh in slowly and allow her to anticipate what he was going to ask, rather than stunning her and risk a denial.

"It was a very hushed up occasion. Not even many people in the office know about it- it was very private and I do not want to go into details as you know." Thomas Dalton was an enigma about his personal life, Piper, the woman he spent most of his time with, almost knew nothing about what he liked, what he enjoyed. This was the first time she had seen any other side of him outside of the office. "The point is that our two potential investors believe I am still married." He sighed a little, and explained what had happened. "When I was on the phone with them, one of them ended it by saying they were looking forward to meeting myself and my wife. I didn't have the heart to call them back and to tell them I no longer have a wife, or to show up without her."

It all seemed silly when it was coming out of his mouth, but impressing his investors was of vital importance for the company, and himself. "How will they take me seriously as a businessman if I could not even keep my own wife married to me? They will think that if I cannot handle a woman, I cannot handle a company." Another sigh. The red light hadn't changed yet. "I thought of telling them the truth, or pretending she was sick and could not attend. I can't afford to take a single risk."

The risk he was about to take was very large, he could risk losing his secretary if she denied him, and she would always treat him differently. "So my proposal is this: you pose as my wife for the night." Even with all the talking and attempt to ease it in, it sounded blunt, and too harsh. He quickly added on, trying to persuade her. "It won't be a big deal. You will just have to smile, hold my hand, nod when prompted to.. call me dear. Basically sit there and look pretty. Shouldn't be hard for you." Thomas laughed a little at all of it.

For a final way of shedding some humor on the situation, he added, "Better than taking notes, don't you think?" He chuckled, and then waited for what she had to say.

The instant he brought up his divorce, she was completely lost. Any and all guesses as to what was on his mind, were thrown out the window. Piper was in the dark, blindly searching for some type of a middle-ground, so she didn't feel so useless. It was something that obviously still weighed on the man, and while she was morbidly curious about what had happened between Mr. Dalton and his ex-wife, she would never dare to ask. That was his personal life, a life she was not let into.

To be truthful, she admired him for that. It wasn't easy to keep those two separate, a career apart from his intimate endeavors. He had always been a very private man, giving out information about himself when it was only needed. Piper on the other hand, while she would have happily explained her own situation, was never asked to. Her existence was pretty bleak outside of the office, and despite her attempt at getting back into the dating scene, or just having a social life to begin with.. nothing was working. All she had time for was Mr. Dalton and the company.

The reasoning for this conversation was beginning to show itself, and Piper understood. He was a man that didn't want to seem weak or unsteady. He wanted everything to be perfect, even if it actually wasn't. The divorce rate for this day and age was higher than ever, and it was far from a taboo. She didn't like it, but what else could be done? It was the couple's decision, after all. Still.. where was he trying to ge-- oh.

Her facial expression said it all. Brows lifted, eyes widening and jaw going a bit slack. He.. wanted her to pose as his wife? For one thing, that was awfully violating, and something she had never done before. Piper was one of many talents, but to lie and play the part of her boss' significant other? Stunned into silence, his laughter did nothing to ease the strange twisting in her gut, and she quickly looked away before she made him feel as if this was a lost cause. Because, it wasn't. No matter how absurd or unnecessary this all felt, she knew she'd agree to it. This was Mr. Dalton, a man that had given her the world on a silver platter, despite her need to work her little ass off to obtain it. Forever in his debt.. she gave a short nod, attention turning back to him.

Just smile, act casual.. hold his hand and call him dear, that was going to be a piece of cake. ".. well, don't you think I'll need a ring on my finger first," Piper asked, holding out her hand and wiggling her digits. The corner of her mouth was upturned and her previous mood of inner-groveling was washed away by amusement.

This had been a folly. Her silence and the way she looked at him with raised brows, made him falsely assume that she wasn't interested in the slightest. So he had misjudged his happy, obedient little secretary. His mouth was about to open, to say that he would pretend his wife was sick, and that he would drop her off back home. He had left early after all, in case if this happened.

Then she continued to joke as she smiled, and wiggled her fingers in the air. Thomas's mouth fell open wide, before he broke out into laughter. "A very valid point, and one that I have already taken care of. If you look in the glove compartment, you will two boxes. The green box is for you, and the blue one is for me. Your first task, if you choose to accept, is to put one on yourself, and one on me."

Inside of the glove compartment, she would find the boxes he spoke off. Thomas had invested heavily into the rings, if she opened them she would find that they were silver in nature. While his was plain, her own had a diamond on it. Obviously, they were both expensive. He had intended to return them after the night.

The formality of it all wasn't going to be helpful. He needed to treat her like she was actually his wife, instead of giving her tasks to do. "Would you.." his hand was placed between them, to allow her to slip on his ring if she chose to, "practice?" His hand rose into the air, palm up, an indication that he wanted her to slip her hand into his own. Now she would be able to see the largeness of it, the calloused palms, the elongated fingers that were similar to his tall and deceptively willowy frame.

"I should have figured you thought that ahead," she mused, already reaching out to open up the glove compartment. Low and behold, there were two boxes there. One for her, and him. Just because Piper was too eager to stop herself too, she opened up the green box first, her breath hitching audibly when she was greeted with quite the sight. Jesus H. Christ, if this was just for a single night of deception, she could only imagine what he had proposed with when it came to his previous wife.

It fit perfectly, and something told her that she'd want to know how exactly he figured out her ring size later. That, wasn't important right now though. What was important was the fact that he was holding his hand out to her, and she was fumbling with the boxes a little bit, taken aback by his change in demeanor. Right.. they were suppose to be married. This might be a bit more difficult than she had imagined. After all, Piper was so accustomed to his below zero temperature, that this was really throwing her for a loop.

His ring was slid upon his finger with ease and she gave him a slight smile as she tucked the boxes away, hesitating only for a moment before she placed her palm over top his own offered one. There, her hand was enveloped in a rough, raw warmth that immediately zipped straight down the length of her spine. Piper was quiet, gazing towards the sight of their contrasting pigment, the way her thumb curled about his and her digits slipped up, homing in between Thomas'. It felt a bit too natural, and she blamed herself entirely for it.

"Of course I did. I always do," he said. The man was always prepared, always calculating. Rarely was there some minor detail that slipped past his mind. He found himself amused when she discovered the boxes, and what lay inside. There had always been affection for her held in his heart, but rarely did it show. She would have seen it in his small smile as he looked at her, but she seemed to preoccupied in gawking at the rings.

He focused on the road, not wanting to get into an accident. He felt her soft hand take his larger one, and slip the ring on. He felt electricity jolting through his hand at her touch, she was warm, soft. Piper had always been attractive, yet he was keen to separate business from his personal life, not to mention she was far younger. Her touch and compliance to him made him wonder what things would have been like if he asked her out to dinner.. without the thought of business in mind.

He had several things to practice with, to call each other dear or honey, to make sure she was comfortable with her task at hand. However, nothing came out of his mouth as she held his hand. His fingers automatically curled as she slipped her fingers between his own. Of course his hand was bigger than her own, but oddly enough, they seemed to have a perfect fit for each other, their palms nestled together. Thomas realized that Piper would need little rehearsal at all, if any. The way their hands touched against each other, naturally and comfortably, was enough to put any worries he had about her abilities at ease. "Just call me.. Tommy or whatever your pretty little head can think of," he said in a taken back voice.

Soon they had arrived at the restaurant. It was a large building in the outskirts of downtown, placed directly next to a lake. He parked, and let go of her hand, to get out. Thankfully the rain had stopped. He decided not to bring his umbrella with her as he went to her side of the door, and opened it, extending a hand out for her to take so he could assist her in getting out once again.

Seems she wasn't the only one who felt something. His silence was louder than anything, and Piper wondered exactly what was going through his mind at that moment. Holding her hand as if they truly were together, rings on and all. Of course it was just for these next couple of hours, and afterwards, they'd go on with life as if nothing had happened. She looked towards the current job as simply that, a job. Another thing she had to do, to remain under his good graces. She was his secretary, a woman who knew quite a bit about what was at stake, and like she had said before, she'd do anything for him.

That claim held a heavy weight to it though, one she wasn't aware of just yet.

"Tommy," she repeated, finding the name almost silly. It just seemed too.. casual. She had called him Mr. Dalton for years now, so, to be given the right in using his first name, let alone a shorter version of it? Piper could only bite her lip, nursing the petal of flesh between her teeth until they pulled up to the lavish restaurant. Their hands were forced apart and soon enough, the door to the car was opened. Keeping hold of her purse, she stepped out, glancing about until her eyes met his own and she blushed. Having to treat him like her husband was forcing those deeply rooted feelings she had for him to scratch at the surface. Piper had done a fine job of ignoring her blatant attraction to the man thus far, but tonight.. it might be a bit challenging in this retrospect.

"Thank you," she urged, giving his fingers an affectionate squeeze of her own before she slipped on by and glanced about, finding their surroundings to be more than grand. "Sheesh," Piper murmured to herself, before tossing a glance towards the man from over her shoulder, "Have you ever been here before?"

He laughed a little as she repeated it. For the older man to have such a casual name, was silly. Of course he preferred Thomas in formal settings, and Mr. Dalton most of the time, but Tommy was what he preferred from his peers. And if she was going to be his wife, Tommy it would be. "That's my name," he said with a grin.

"You're welcome," he said as she used his hand to pull herself out. He let her go for the time being, to glance and look around, to admire everything. There were lights everywhere on the building, around them she could see similarly dressed couples of groups, going towards the main entrance. Thomas locked his car and closed the doors before he returned to her, not speaking until his arm slipped around her waist, and he drew her close into his side. His finger tips rested against the curve of her thick hips. "We've been here many times, darling. Don't you remember?" Of course there was no one around to hear them, or to understand the roles they were to play, but Tommy couldn't help himself. He smiled at her gleefully.

With his forearm resting against the small of her back, he walked slowly to the entrance. Once inside, he mentioned his name. "Mr. and Mrs. Dalton. Reserved for four." The person behind the front desk looked at a paper to confirm it, before a waiter came to escort them to their table. His arm did not remove itself from her as they followed the waiter. They went to a quieter part of the building, towards the far back, until they found themselves in a private room. The window was near the table, and they were on the far side of the building, where the view of the lake was the most attractive feature. He pulled out the chair at the edge of the table for her to sit, closest to the window, figuring she would enjoy looking at it if she did not understand the business prospects they spoke of.

"Looks we are here before them," he said as he settled himself into his own chair. Subtly at first, he scooted his own chair closer until he was closer to her, and he looked past her, out of the window. To the casual on looker it would seem that they were actually married from their comfortable proximity. Between the two of them, it was an act of growing familiar with each other. His scent was obvious from the closeness, a musky cologne that seemed like only the wealthiest of businessmen could wear without smelling ridiculous.

A fit of laughter escaped her the moment he teased at her previous question, realizing that yes, if they had been married, they would have come here plenty. Elbowing him lightly in the side, Piper could only shake her head and give him a playful batting of the lashes. From the way things had begun to span out, this night might not be as stressful as she had assumed. She felt comfortable tucked up against his side, despite the tingling in her tummy that made her knees want to give out a bit. She had worked under far more harsher circumstances however, and would keep up her act of being Thomas' wife without trouble.

Her job depended on it, after all. She knew it.

Shrugging her coat off just before taking her seat, she allowed the hostess to take it back to where all the others were hanging up neatly, her body shimmying with ease into the chair Thomas held out to her. The view from the window they were next to was gorgeous, and she could only assume he had done it in hopes it'd give her something to do, while he discussed business. Despite being surrounded by the long, difficult to understand terms every day, it was always nice to get a little break from it all. Anyway, she highly doubted the man's wife would actually be as interested in stocks, as she was.

Turning her head, the lack of space between the two of them made her gasp a bit, before her brows furrowed and she gave him an apologetic smile. Piper was still not prepared for all of the finer details, especially the one where his cologne was practically sweeping over her senses and making her dizzy with arousal. All she yearned to do was tuck her face into the side of his neck and breathe in, brush her lips against his sharpened jawline and trace it with her ton-- goodness, Piper. She needed to get a hold of herself, and quickly.

But it was a good thing though, wasn't it? That she was sitting there, looking at him with a heavily-lidded gaze, lips slightly parted and a pleased aura tickling about her like tangible matter. She herself, smelled clean and fresh. Something akin to a field of flowers, the tone of her scent matching the simplistic yet alluring charm of her features. "I like it here," Piper mused offhandedly, "It smells like spaghetti and looks like paradise outside."

Casually, he draped an arm around the back of her chair, his finger tips grazing against her upper arm. "It is very lovely," he said in agreement. He was about to suggest she was just as lovely, if not more, but perhaps that would be pushing it. After all, he needed to remain focused, and not dwell on the idea that she was posing as his wife after all. It wasn't serious, it was just for show.

Tommy kept himself close to her on purpose to make sure that when they came, they would see the two of them close together. Soon, they did. The door opened and two men stepped inside. One was short, and partially chubby. The other was of Thomas's height, but rather than being handsome like Thomas, his hairline was receding. Both of them appear older as well, their hairs were not salted in grey like Thomas's, but mostly white in appearance. Tommy immediately smiled, taking a hold of Piper's arm so she would stand up with him. "Mr. Carter and Mr. Brinton. So glad you could join us. I'm Thomas Dalton, as you know, and this is my beautiful wife, Piper Dalton."

To encourage her, he pressed on the small of her back. At the same time he leaned forward to shake their hands, one at a time. "A pleasure to finally meet you in person, Mr. Dalton. And your wife as well." The two of them were all smiles. Perhaps it would be easier than expected.

"Let's sit down," Thomas proposed. Both men followed his lead after the introductions, and sat down across the table from where Tommy and Piper had claimed their seats. "Not the best weather we have in town," Tommy began. "You guys arrived at a sore moment, unfortunately." A round of laughter was shared between the men. Tom's chair was still placed close to Piper's to make sure she was close to him.

"Not too bad of a moment to arrive in," answered Mr. Carter, the taller man. "Nothing the sight of your wife can't remedy." Another round of laughter, Thomas felt mildly annoyed by the way he spoke of Piper, but these were the type of men he dealt with on a daily basis- women were not considered as equals, only property which was why Tommy had been so keen to get Piper to play the part. He was forced to join in on the laughter, and his acting was good enough that it seemed natural. A hand fell down, and rested on Piper's thigh, lingering there as the three of them began to discuss the latest game of the week.

Piper was well aware of the way she'd be treated at this table. In the eyes of many, she was merely a young girl that had rich taste. Managing to catch a man twenty years older than her and keeping him hooked with the appeal of her young, tight body, anyone wouldn't be so keen as to hand out respect to someone of that sort. Piper wouldn't, anyway. However.. despite this all being for show, she couldn't help but feel considerably peeved when the men went about noting of how she looked. It was.. a bit inappropriate, but nothing that would thwart their attempt at keeping themselves in character.

She only flashed them a smile and dipped her head down bashfully, eyes settled on her lap just when Thomas' hand came inching over. His palm was resting against her thigh now, one sinuous leg crossed over the other. She wondered what would have happened if she had tried to shake their hands when they had first approached, the thought within itself tickling at her funny bone. They might have had mild heart attacks then and there. Yes, she was a lady, but one that was anything but the regular trophy wife. She was intelligent, witty and sharp. Of course naturally, submissive too but.. was that really a problem? When she wanted something, she was always ambitious enough to go and get it.

Her fingers rubbed idly at the top of his wrist all the while, whilst her attention was set on the window, admiring the view of outside. Even if she looked to be off in her own world, she was listening indefinitely to their conversation. Curious, Piper was, to witness the workings of making a very important deal.

Thomas could feel that Piper was not at ease. He did not particularly agree with the men- he did not want her to think of herself as a trophy wife, although perhaps that was all she could feel. The very reason he had brought her, after all, was to show her off. All he could do, in the time being, was to squeeze her thigh softly, to reassure her.

The discussion of the game was halted by a waiter who asked them for their drinks. "A glass of champagne for me," Thomas declared. When the other two were looking at the menus and deciding to pick the most expensive drink they could find as Thomas would be paying, Thomas took the opportunity to lean in to whisper into Piper's ear. "Get whatever you would like. I'm paying." His hand squeezed her thigh again as his whisper tickled against her ear. He pulled away before anyone could see the act, and even if they did, they would assume a husband was simply whispering sweet nothings into her ear.

By the time the waiter had taken their orders, the conversation had taken a one of a business tone. Thomas had started it. "As you know, gentlemen, our company is dominating the industry in our local vicinity. All it would take for us to expand, would be for the two of you to take a leap of faith with me." Tommy's hand on her thigh had pushed higher, and grabbed more at her inner thigh. He pulled, to spread her legs further open. It did not seem he realized what he was doing as he spoke, perhaps her soft leg and the fact that he could control her gave him confidence as he spoke.

"It would not even be a leap of faith, as you know by the numbers I faxed you earlier this week. You also know that other companies merely wait for us to release our software, and copy it. Could you imagine what my company would be capable of if it had larger funding to advance? Already we are doing well." He paused, and glanced at Piper. "Honey, tell them how much money we make." His hand released on her thigh, and he leaned back, studying the two men carefully.

It was nothing personal, she knew that. These men seated adjacent from her, they didn't know what she was like, what she did for a living.. who she was, what her dreams were. They only based her solely on what was on the outside, and Piper could only assume that was what happened with most women who married into money. Especially one of her age, visibly younger and vulnerable. It merely added up, and while she wasn't comfortable with the overall feeling she was getting, she'd deal with it. At the end of the night, she was confident in herself and her ability to hold herself up to any of these investors.

When the waiter arrived, she glanced up, prepared to get herself a simple cup of tea but.. Thomas leaned in and whispered in her ear, forcing a rush of excitement to trickle down her spinal cord. That shouldn't happen, all he told her was to get anything she wanted. Granted freedom but far too humble to take advantage of a man that was already so generous towards her, she ordered herself a glass of champagne as well. She might be a lightweight, but taking the edge off was going to be a requirement. These two before her, they seemed like a handful.

There was nothing like listening to a man who was confident in himself, and Piper openly admired the one seated at her side. Even while he pushed and squeezed at her thigh, forcing her legs to uncross and fall open slightly, she held her composure. He obviously wasn't paying attention to what he was doing beneath the table, he was far too entrapped with the want of gaining the favor of these men.

Not prepared to be pulled into the conversation, Piper rose a brow, looking from Thomas, towards the others. Right.. how much money they made. A small grin twitched at the corners of her mouth before she spoke up, knowing the answer fully. "Our percentages have doubled in the last two years, and at the end of the process, we're making more than two-hundred percent of what we've spent, back. So, despite you putting money into this agreement, you'll be walking away with a lot more than you've invested," she piqued casually. "If you men enjoy rolling around in Benjamins, then it'd be in your best interest to take my husband's offer."

Tommy shouldn't have been as surprised as the two men across the table, who stared at Piper, speechless for a moment. Perhaps Tommy wasn't as surprised, he was a mentor to his secretary, he taught her the ways of business and how to handle yourself in public, just by being himself, as well as confiding advice to her. The two men were surprised at how eloquent and well spoken she was, as well as the fact she even knew what was going on in the business. Of course, they knew very little that this woman's day job was taking care of Mr. Dalton's papers and files.

"My wife has been with me since the start of the company, boys," Tommy addressed them with a grin. The company was a few years old, and Piper might be able to pass for older than she actually was. "Used to be just her and me in the office. Those were hard times."

The men took it in the wrong way, and Mr. Carter seized the chance. "I'm sure they were very hard times, Mr. Dalton. Literally." It was an obvious that he was being suggestive in his comment, assuming that work wasn't all he and Piper had done in an empty office.

Tommy laughed and nodded. "Very hard times," he said with a level tone, not allowing the other man to know if he had guessed at the hidden meaning, or was laughing because they had actually been tough times to get through. There was a pause in the conversation, and the two men brought up several concerns. When they had finished, Tommy answered their questions one by one, his hand still on Piper's thigh. He used her soft skin as a way to reassure himself, to give himself confidence, although from the way he addressed their questions, it didn't seem like he needed it.

From the looks of it, she had done well, and Piper was tempted to give herself a pat on the back. Despite her knowledge of the business, and having memorized, practically lived by everything Thomas had taught her, she had certainly never put it to use in this sort of situation. This environment was admittedly out of her comfort zone, but no one would ever be able to guess that. Except the one deemed as her husband, the one sitting beside her and making her toes curl within the high heels she wore.

Glass full of champagne within her grasp, she was just about to bring it to her lips for a sip when she heard that rather filthy innuendo leave Mr. Carter. It made her squeak, the sound audible and heavily sharp. Before she bothered to embarrass herself further, she drank practically half of her beverage in one smooth, downward pour when their attention was far too wrapped up in their concerns, rather than her. It immediately sent bubbles to her head, tickling and probing at her insistently. Well, that was definitely a plus.

Piper set the champagne flute down, relaxing heavily against the chair she occupied as she grasped hold of the hand playing against her thigh. Her nails scratched gingerly across Thomas' knuckles, tracing the lines of his digits before she turned to him, eyes growing warm. He was very handsome, and the way he spoke.. licking at her lips, the woman knew all too well that these emotions were getting the best of her. It might help their case, pretending to be married, but what if she became far too involved? Enjoyed being this close to him, too much? She needed to keep it professional..

"Ah, very well, Mr. Dalton. I think we shall work out a partnership. Mr. Brinton and I will discuss matters, and we will come to a decision by the end of the week." Tommy smiled and grinned taking a sip of his glass. "We look forward to hearing your answer."

"Oh yes, I have a feeling this will all work out very well," said Mr. Brinton. Tommy listened, but he could feel Piper's eyes on him. His head tilted to glance at her, there was a different expression to her eyes. He knew she had always doted on him, admired him, but this was a different look. He smiled at her, before returning his attention to the others two.

The two men casually inquired how long they had been married. Tom had already done the math, he gave them a number of years. "Just one year less after the company." He felt bold himself, perhaps he had drank too much wine earlier this evening. "Considering how many desks we broke at the office, I figured I'd just marry her and break some furniture at home." That had its intended effect, the two older men looked at each other before bursting out into laughter.

Thomas decided to steal a glance at Piper, to give her a look to explain he couldn't help himself. She looked at him with the same gaze. His eyes widened, before he leaned in, grabbing her by the nape of the neck to hold her in position as his lips pushed against hers firmly to steal a kiss that was intended to take her breath away. The men grew silent at the sight, and when Thomas pulled away from the brief kiss to look at them, he murmured, "She's been with me for a very long time." Under the table, his wrist pushed up past her dress.

It was a success! Once again, Thomas amazed her and she wanted to squeal out in victory. Jump up, clap her hands and wrap her arms about her boss in a tight hug. She was so, so happy for him. If anyone deserved a chance, it was Mr. Dalton. He worked himself down to the bone, and had been graced with everything that belonged rightfully to him. The woman was elated, and it showed in the way she smiled, pleased and most importantly, relieved to hear that the two across from them, weren't so foolish after all.

It would have been a great loss for them, to not take advantage of this opportunity. Which, was something she could relate to at the moment. Piper was certainly feeling the effects of the champagne, paying no mind to the fact that she was now on her second glass, the waiter far too keen in refilling it without being told to. Sipping casually against the sweet, yet tart liquid, she only set her glass down when the question of how long they had been married, was brought up. Curiously casting her eyes over towards the man at her side, lashes heavy and casting an intimate shadow over her flushed cheeks, Piper couldn't help herself. She giggled at the thought of breaking a desk in the office, and more-so when he claimed they broke furniture at home, too.

Well then, he had definitely been gifted with a very lively sexual life with his ex-wife, hm?

What happened next, was something she hadn't anticipated, but certainly fantasized about. Before she knew it Thomas had the back of her neck ceased, stilling her before he kissed at her mouth in a bruising fashion. The contact made her whimper, the sound coming out broken and muffled just before he pulled back, leaving her breathless and dazed. Her chest was heaving visibly faster now and she felt disoriented, trying to wrap her mind around the fact that her boss, a man that had been all work and no play, just kissed her as if he actually felt something for her.. in front of his future colleagues.

Unable to find the strength to move her tongue and create coherent words, she opted to simply sit there, knowing all too well she probably looked as heated as she felt. A small bead of sweat traced down the contours of her neck in the meantime, tickling at her pale complexion. Piper wasn't sure how long she'd be able to handle this, her brain and heart feeling two very similar things. One, being heavily influenced by alcohol, while the other was being influenced by her aching body.

His hand was pushing further up her dress and the contact made her fidget, grasping tightly at his forearm with both palms in surprise. He was all taut muscle, straining under the surface and full of promise. It only worsened her condition and she hoped he'd be able to notice it, to try and give her something.. anything, that would drag her out of this heavy fog.

There was a moment of silence, before the men started to converse again. Thomas participated, but not before he had forcefully grabbed at Piper's chair, and brought her directly next to him. Their thighs touched with no gap between them, and his arm drew over her neck and shoulders, casually, as if he had touched her like this a million times. His far hand, on the other side of her, reached to give her attention under the table. His body carefully twisting to give himself more access.

First he placed it on her knee and pulled it to keep her legs open. "Drink your champagne, love," he whispered while the other two talked. His hand and wrist ventured past the folds of her dress, and his finger tips gently tickled against the front of the fabric of her underwear, curiously judging the sort of type she wore by rubbing his finger tips against it. Already she would be able to tell how experienced his finger tips were, considering that he quickly located her slit through the material and began to sensually move his finger tips up and down.

The waiter came inside and he pulled his hand away at the sight of the man. He was standing and he would be able to see downwards what was going on between Thomas and Piper, unlike the two sitting across from them. He began to take their orders, and after the other two ordered, Thomas decided on a plate of pasta with a salad on the side.

Back
Top Bottom