Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Next Doctor Who

Hahvoc The Decepticon

Singularity
So it's been revealed that Matt Smith will not be The Doctor come 2014 and there is speculation that a woman might be the next doctor, which I'm opposed to only because the doctor has always been a guy and I like that. He learns humility and other good traits from the companions he acquires. I feel it would be weird to have a female doctor unless it was someone like Donna Noble.

Anyways, who do you think should be the next Doctor?

My vote is Nathan Fillion.

They'll most likely choose someone British, eh? Seeing as how they're all mostly British on that show.

And if Moffat is still writing, I sincerely doubt they'll make the next Doctor a woman. If they did make it a woman and he continues to write episodes for it, then I'd expect some major misogynist themes being played with.

I don't know who it will be, though there are a lot of actors who would fit the bill.

As a long time fan of Doctor Who, going back long before it was resurrected and is now to many boys and fan girls as a fap tool, I sincerely doubt it will be a woman either. The entire show's dynamic in the current version relies heavily on sexual tension, and unless they are willing to flip the script of that completely and keep out misogyny completely.. I agree with RQ... it is not happening.

I heard a rumour flying around that Daniel Radcliffe was in the running to be the next Doctor. I'm not sure about this, although it would be good for him to not be constantly seen as Harry Potter.

I think there's some lore behind why the doctor won't ever be ginger...

Apparently a poll was held to see who fans wanted to be the next doctor and the winner was David Tennant lol.

The new doctor is most likely someone we'd hardly expect. They keep their auditions super secret and both David Tennant and Matt Smith were both surprises. I want an older guy again... I doubt they'd get too old too quick. People are too used to the younger guy.

Welp, it's been announced. If by some freak chance people have slipped through the cracks on the word, it's Peter capaldi.

What do you guys think?

I like him. I've been wanting there to be an older doctor. I know he's not of any other demographic, but I didn't want to use this as an opportunity for social justice just to go against a white british man.

Is it me but am I the only one that finds it funny that the new face of the Doctor has already been on Doctor Who? The Pompeii episode.

Plenty of Doctor Who characters have had their actors recycled, even past doctors appeared on the show before they were actual doctors. I think it's simply due to Britain's lower population compared to the US. Less people = less actors = less options.

Plus they may keep people on file to refer to later on for auditions for other stuff.

For me it doesn't have anything to do with his age, I just don't know enough about him to know if I will like him as the Doctor. It was the same with Matt Smith and I learned to love him <3

The thing with Doctor who that is different about other shows though, where we are allowed and able to get attached to the main characters, we cant do that with the Doctor or his companions, because they are always changing. The tenth doctor will always be my favorite, and i was so sad when he left but its how it must happen.

I've actually seen Capaldi in other roles (I was so prepared for it to be a guy I have never seen before). He is an actor capable of play a wide range of personality traits, he's a good actor, and I trust him to be a good doctor.

At first I hated how the doctor changed and how the companions left... I was about near done with the show when Rose left, she had been a constant in the first 2 seasons when I was still adjusting to David Tennant's doctor (I loved Eccleston enough to be skeptical when Tennant came on board). And then once I was finally warmed up to him and shipping him and Rose, Rose left and I was like "Oh hell naw, you're not doing this to me every frickin' season!" And it just got worse when I saw Martha falling for the doctor. I was like "Jeez, is this going to happen with every companion??" But I made it through that season, made it to Donna and fell in love with her and the doctor's friendship and got over the initial angst.

Now I'm used to it, and I'm fine with it, I was actually kind of glad Amy and Rory left when they did.

Also, I found this:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIzEgax3nOQ[/video]

Back
Top Bottom