Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Learning from a master (Cheshire x Tema)

"O--other pleasures?" Her voice was hesitant and insecure, something Serefina was rarely publicly. She cried aloud again with each nip. Falling onto her back as she was unable to maintain her balance, but as his teeth was on her nipples, it only succeeded in pulling them even tighter, her gasps of pain fading to soft moans of pleasure. "Oh goddess bless..." She wasn't even sure what was going on anymore.

As Vallios leaned up to kiss her, she gave a sigh of relief or disappointment she wasn't sure. Her lips met his and her response this time was more heated than before, her tongue coming to lick her lips as he left. Definitely disappointment. But she wasn't sure what he wanted as he placed her hands at her skirt, her innocence was complete in that regard.

"My lady!" The knock came at the door before the maid stepped inside the door. "It's time for mid day ---" Her own proclamation cut off by the site of Vallios' back. Luckily, this was not a new maid and she knew the back of Vallios' back when she saw it, most of the maids in the house did who weren't new. However, she wasn't certain as to the proper protocol. Technically they weren't coupled yet so he had no rights, but who was going to tell Weapons Master that, so she simply stared for a moment before gaining her composure.

"The runners are waiting for your ladyship and the Weapon Master...uhmm..the matter with Lady Beatrix..." and began fidgeting with her dress.

At the sound of the maid's knock and voice, Serefina did her best to hide behind Vallios' back which wasn't that hard to do at all. But even Vallios would be able to hear the whimpers of pleasure that even pulling away from his bites had induced.

"Blood and damnation..." Vallios growled.

Vallios hung his head for a brief second and then sighed, moving the covers to retain Serefina's dignity. He slipped off the bed and retrieved the clothing he'd discarded, turning to face the maid. They had impeccable timing, these maids did. It was as if they had little radars in their head to peek in whenever one of Serefina's garments was removed. It'd been fortunate earlier today, but now it was quite the bother, as the maid would be able to see from the rigid bulge in Vallios' pants.

Unlike most men, he did nothing to hide the evidence of his previous arousal. She'd interrupted their time, and so she could choose which head to focus on as he spoke. Vallios cleared his throat before responding, understanding what the woman had meant through her jumbled sentence.

"Thank you for alerting us, I dare say time had slipped both our minds. We will be down shortly."

And with that Vallios gave a polite wave of dismissal to the maid, making sure to handle the matter as diplomatically as possible. She was after all, only doing her job. And so Vallios settled down on the bed, his back to Serefina to allow her to dress in privacy if she so desired. By the time Vallios was seated the anatomical signs of his interest had passed, the moment was completely dead.

"Sorry, Weapon Master." Her gaze drawn first to his lower head before flushing her cheeks and looking up at his proper head. It was rather difficult to concentrate. But there'd like be a new rumor about the Weapon Master's prowess with a sword before the day was up. She curtsied and quickly fled, not wanting to get into any trouble.

As for Serefina, she'd been grateful for the cover, but once the maid was gone, her curiosity returned and instead of dressing, she explored her body, lifting a breast to examine the small marks that Vallios had left. Fascinated, she didn't pay attention to Vallios and instead her fingers roamed her body feeling each sensitive pressure.

"Amazing...", her hands slipped between the skirt and her waist, reaching between her legs. "Moisture..." and pulled her fingers out, the tips covered with a light clear coating. "I wonder if this was what mother was talking about.." she mumbled to herself, forgetting Vallios for the moment as she explored.

Vallios had been a little too busy cursing the fates silently to notice Serefina's self explorations. With a low sigh he moved back to the bed and bowled Serefina over, wrapping his arms around her as he lay playfully atop her. The ambush was sudden, but Vallios made sure that the bulk of his weight landed on the bed, and not on her small frame. When he spoke, his voice was one of quite resignation.

"It appears as if time alone will be quite scarce, if this is any indication of what the future holds."

Vallios gave another gentle bite to Serefina's neck before standing up and swinging his legs off the bed, waiting for Serefina to get herself up and prepared. Food sounded good...A potential altercation with Beatrix and her royal guards, not so great. However, something deep down inside Vallios was burning for a fight. It'd been so long since he'd been able to genuinely let loose. Hopefully Beatrix would see the error of her ways and not choose a champion to fight; that champion would be on the receiving end of roughly six months of pent up frustration and blood lust if one was chosen.

Serefina let out a squeak as she was ambushed, barely getting her hands up to defend herself before she realized that he had no intentions of squishing her. Laughing, she put up her hands pushing first against his face as it was the first thing she could reach, not realizing her fluids had a slight certain smell to them and then sliding them to his shoulders to push playfully against him.

"Oof...you are a big one..."

But as he spoke, she smiled up at him. "It is only because they are protective. Once we are coupled, they will find ways to be more discreet." and she wrapped her arms around him, and used him to lift her upper body enough to kiss him softly. Yet another initiative action on her part. Progress was being made. But she released him as he got up and watched him for a moment before she made to get dressed.

"Besides, the house is full of secret passages we could use if need be." Not thinking of what intimacies that would entail but instead simply problem solving.

"Well, that is convenient..." Vallios purred.

Vallios licked the traces of her nectar from his lips when his back was turned. The lingering scent of the remnants of her arousal had slight sway over Vallios, and he found himself compelled to try luring her into another bout of passions. However, he managed to maintain his control. When Serefina was ready to leave he'd join her, and the two would make their leisurely way down to the dining hall. It was so strange, this entire situation. Despite the knowledge that the two were predestined to couple, Vallios found himself enjoying this form of courting.

Then again, Vallios had already decided that if the two were fated to be mates, he would be her only. The idea that some other man could enjoy what he'd fight and spend his daily life protecting made his blood boil, even so early in their relationship as now. But, that was just the territorial alpha-wolf type of man that Vallios was.

"Supposedly they were built by my Ancestors...the ones that had 13 children." She chuckled, although how secret passages could be attributed to so many children was something she didn't quite get, although she'd overheard it several times. But she took Vallios' arm with ease, their intimacies easing her own troubles and fears for the moment. As they entered the dining room, all heads turned towards them with a quiet that made her uneasy. Apparently rumors of what had occurred during the day had reached all ears.

As usual, Anastazi was right by the door, waiting for Serefina. "My Lady." he lifted her hand, and kissed it softly. "Your couriers await.", motioning to the five men who were standing beside the head table. They had already eaten and were simply awaiting their papers. He had returned from the councils and had papers to go over with her, things that would require her signature and they could be off.

"Yes, of course." She glanced up at Vallios, after this morning's incident and his protective attitude all day, she wasn't sure if he was going to sit with the men as he normally did, or if he would do otherwise.

Vallios would take his proper place by her side at the table, and the men would understand. Most had seen it coming long down the line, and few were shocked when it'd been announced that Vallios would be Weapons Master. Though, that part of the dining hall did seem slightly suppressed without Vallios amongst it's inhabitants. However, he had his duty and his place, which was beside Serefina. Vallios settled into the chair on her right hand side, as their end of the table was meant to only be wide enough for two.

Silence, that was his part in this play. In public matters the Weapons Master rarely spoke, preserving his honor and the dignity of the house through his reserved silence. After all, a quiet and almost brooding guard made a stronger impression than one who made idle conversations, or made proclamations that heralds could have done in his stead. Vallios nodded silently as a house servant handed him a plate heavy with a variety of meats, along with several hearty potatoes. Vallios licked his lips slightly at the scent of food, he was absolutely famished.

She took her seat as well, quickly looking over the papers and signing them with a flourish before handing each off to their proper courier, and wishing them safe travels.

Anastazi took his own place and quietly kept watching. And what he saw was interesting.

A plate was placed before Serefina, but she barely picked at her food. She took comfort in Vallios' presence however, and he'd gotten brownie points when he chose to sit with her. The entire day still have a sense of unreality about it. She felt no different, and yet, she was sitting at the Head table where her Mother had sat just over a week ago, and until today, her aunt had sat. Her aunt who was now a traitor. And somewhere in the crowd was potentially a person who had deflowered her, and she had no memory of it whatsoever. Man was cruel was becoming the way she was starting to see things.

"'Fina, you must keep up your strength. Eat." Anastazi had leaned over to whisper to her. "Or shall I have the Kitchen Mistress bring out dessert?"

She simply looked at him, "I'm just not hungry, Stazi. Forgive me."

"Of course, but I think even your Weapon Master would want you to eat."

She glanced over at Vallios' and his healthy appetite and her mind flashed back to last night when he'd pretended to not notice her trying to steal his food at first until it suited him to do so. With a sad smile, she turned back to Anastazi. "Be that as it may, it would only weaken me further if I were to eat and could not keep it down, would it not?"

He conceded the point with ill grace. "I worry about you. Shall I come into your bed chamber and defend you against any unscrupelous advances until your coupling?" He grinned, trying to lighten her mood. He felt guilty about what he'd done, but not enough to admit his guilt.

But it got the reaction he wanted out of her, she laughed. The imagery it painted for her was amusing. She was afraid that Vallios would break Anastazi if he tried to forbid him from her presence. Everyone else in the room turned at the sound of her laughter. The ice princess had laughed with delighted joy at a joke from her Minister of Information (His formal title). They looked to Vallios to see how he would react. They weren't sure what to make of it at all. Her behavior was so strange compared to normal.

"I've already gotten security covered, personally...But, thank you for your interest in her well being." Vallios growled.

The look in Vallios' eye promised a painful and grizzly death if the other man came within 100 feet of Serefina's bed chamber during the night. However, Vallios quickly resumed his neutral silence, knowing that Serefina would not tolerate any blatant hostility towards her friend. Instead Vallios reached over and gently stroked Serefina's back, his fingers working slowly up and down her spine, searching for any knots that had formed.

"At least eat enough to hold you over, heavy travel on an empty stomach is never a good idea."

With that Vallios tended to his own appetite. His pace seemed relaxed, and yet the plate was swiftly becoming empty, completely devoid of any evidence that food had once been on his dish apart from a bit of stray juices that had pooled. Vallios finished the meal with a large portion of bread, keeping any further stabs at Anistazi stifled. However, the aura of dislike was pretty tangible, flaring up whenever Anistazi opened his mouth, or addressed Serefina for any matter that was not strictly House Ahn'kir business.

"But of course, my lord." Anastazi all but purred the words, knowing that it would likely rankle against Vallios wrongly. "I've looked after my precious 'Fina for years. Old habits die hard." Of course, the words 'my' and 'Fina' were stressed, so show how close they were.

Serefina had an idea that something was going on between the two, but wasn't sure exactly what it was, but she complied with Vallios and tried to eat a bite. But then his words sank in.

"Heavy travel? Am I going somewhere?" she couldn't think of anything, so she was rather confused.

"Her safety is not your primary duty. You would serve her best by keeping your eyes off of her, and on the world around this keep. You are the eyes and ears that maintain leads to further Ahn'kir's diplomatic and mercantile strengths. Do not forget this."

The words were cutting, a forceful slap to the face. Vallios had called Anistazi's subtle, but inappropriate desires in a tasteful manner. To the unaware it would seem as if Vallios was merely directing the Spymaster to where his talents were most needed. However, to those well versed in the great game, or any red-blooded male, the true nature of Vallios' comments was somewhat obvious. "Get the fuck out of my territory." Vallios was swift to put somebody who he felt out of line back in place, something that could definitely be considered a flaw.

"If you have decided to not pursue Beatrix, I would not be adverse to such a decision. However, it is a pressing matter."

Had she forgotten? They'd already gathered a force to meet and route Beatrix before she could begin any subversive activities. However, if a different plan had formulated in Serefina's mind Vallios was happy to hear it. Yes, he did ache for battle...However, he was also somewhat saddle sore. Spending the day training or pursuing other activities did not sound terrible to Vallios. Perhaps, perhaps it'd be more effective to hold Ahn'kir keep, and have a force ready to detain Beatrix when she arrived rather than go out and spend time that could be spent fortifying in pursuit.

"Of course, Weapon Master." But there was a glint of challenge in Anastazi's eyes then. "Hopefully nothing will occur to harm her on your watch then."

There were times; such as these that she wished she had her mother's hand to guide her. She would not ever understand men in that regard. There was hostility between the two but she had no idea it was over her. In her mind, one was her all but in deed consort and the other was her dearest friend. To her there was no conflict.

But when Vallios explained his thoughts, she realized she hadn't been clear previously. "I'm sorry, Weapon Master. I believe we have a misunderstanding. My aunt only took a small number. Her personal guard. They do not number more than a score. My orders that I have sent out tell all of our allies and house members that they are not to assist Beatrix in any way. They will not harm her unless she tries to harm one of them or to take what is House property. I can not condone parricide, unless the council decides she was treasonous. I know it leaves us weak, but she is the only family I have left besides my sisters who are too far away and have their own concerns. Besides, without the familial crest and the main house, she has no true authority." she smiled then. "But if you advise otherwise, I am willing to listen."

"The couriers should suffice to deal with her attempt at a show of power. However, I do have need of a messenger myself."

Hmm...A hound, that was what was needed in this equation. But, not just any dog would do. Vallios needed something large, powerful, and vigilant. Ashir war hounds were known for their fierce loyalty, remarkable alertness, and keen intellect. He'd send word for House Ashir's master breeder to bring the eldest and best trained of their most recent litter. Of course, he had need of a hound that had not yet imprinted a master to itself. A young man raised his head and opted to take on the task, and so Vallios had the message relayed from a servant to the eager messenger. Vallios managed to speak low enough that only the servant could hear the message, and Vallios carefully watched the lips of the servant as she relayed his orders. All was well, that matter would be tended to.

Vallios reached down and gave Serefina's knee a gentle squeeze as he waited for her to finish her business at the table. Of course, he'd follow when she departed, and try to find out what her agenda for the remainder of the day was. A battle between spending more time beside Serefina and resuming his training activities raged, with Serefina so far on the wining side. Her plans would be the final factor to settle the debate.

She kept glancing at Vallios as he spoke to the messenger, but unfortunately her ears were not as sharp as the warriors and so she was left frustrated on that end. Finally, she couldn't eat another bite if her life depended on it, and she stood, dismissing those who would leave as well as herself. She did have other plans for the day. It was the same as she did every day.

"You need not dance attendance on me, Wea---Vallios. I'm sure you have more important things to do." That and she wasn't sure exactly what he would think of what her plans were. She considered lying about her plans, but she would not lie to anyone, let alone one who would be her consort. She would simply not mention exactly what they were.

"My plans do not change, I can train any other day. I'd preferred to spend today with you."

The training classes were being taught by one of the instructors, as was normal. Lessons with the Weapons Master were a weekly, or bi-weekly thing. Besides, Vallios needed to learn her routine in case he ever needed to find her should a situation ever arise. It'd also be nice to learn just what the other side of the ruling couple did. For the most part, Vallios was stowed away in the armory or training rooms, bettering himself or preparing Ahn'kir's more promising warriors, and the royal guard for their duties.

"What do you have planned?"

Meanwhile, Vallios' chosen messenger was already mounted and riding quickly to house Ashir, to seek out their Hound Master. Hopefully the hounds would be ready by sun-down, meaning Vallios could surprise Serefina with her new "gift." Two hounds he'd decided would suffice, that way the dogs had companions of equal strength to play with, rather than Vallios having to find some poor keeper to watch over them. Ahn'kir had a Hound master of course, but Ahn'kir hounds were bred strictly for war and were about as far from domesticated as your average lion.

She sighed, there was no way around this. Hopefully, he was understanding. "Normally this time of day is when 'Seres', " using the nickname that the Rany'r had given her to use when training with the recruits, " trains with the new recruits. Rany'r doesn't dare let me train with the older recruits since it would be more difficult to hide my identity then." Older recruits did everything together, and Seres disappearances at certain times would be noted. As a newbie recruit, it was just believed that she was held back or dropped out all together.

"I'm still not sure how I'm ever going to be able to hold my own against you in anything but an arguement", she muttered, quite annoyed by the fact.

"It'll take time. I've got about five years on you, and better training. Bere'nohl warriors are taught to hold a blade before they are taught to walk."

Vallios reached down and gave Serefina's rear a light squeeze as he pulled her close, looking down straight into her eyes. The next words were quiet and sincere, reassurance that Vallios felt Serefina needed. He had plans for her to train, had already lined up several sparring partners for her to work with on a frequent basis, in addition to their own personal lessons. Vallios was confident that he could mold Serefina into a formidable opponent. He'd also address the fact that she'd been limiting her potential, one could only learn so much working with trainees.
"However, your current study limits your potential. I assure you, I'll shape you into something." He whispered.

Vallios then snared her lips in a gentle, almost loving kiss, something to ease the tension. Her trainings were something he'd be able to have little interaction with. New recruits very rarely got to work with the Weapons Master, besides a monthly demonstration to help inspire them to adhere to their studies. It looked as if he'd have to find something else to occupy himself with while she was busy. Besides, the Weapons Master personally escorting a mere commoner would definitely draw unwanted attention. It was best that Seres trained in secret, in case an assassin infiltrated the ranks of house Ahn'kir in hopes to ambush Serefina during a period of unsuspecting vulnerability.

And people thought that women talked in circles. She almost felt as if there was something hidden in his words, but she had no idea what they were. As the most physically active of her sisters, she hadn't often taken much interest in the gossip circles that happened with most woman. But Serefina forgot her agitation as Vallios captured her lips, and she found her arms wrapped around his neck, almost clinging to him. Which was exactly what she'd found herself doing as the kiss ended.

"I could make an excuse today." But it was half-hearted attempt; she knew she needed the training, but it wasn't likely that Vallios would let her call it off on a whim. She wanted some of that security of last night and even this morning. She wasn't quite ready to admit it out loud yet, but she simply wanted his company.

"You could...The choice is entirely yours. "

Vallios' mind suddenly settled on the date he'd go hunting. The night after their joining he would leave, allowing Serefina some time to embrace solitude and think of her new position. Though, she'd be far from alone...At least one of the two hounds Vallios had ordered would be by her side, guarding her in his stay. Of course, if she requested to come along with him he would not mind in the slightest.

A soft chuckle escaped Vallios' lips as he thought of the expression on her face if she didn't come along...He wondered how she'd react to seeing him return on the back of a bear. Sure, the stories of his kin and their mounts were well known, but it was certainly a whole different manner to have the stuff of legends come alive before one's very eyes.

"After all, there is a flu going around and poor Seres is a rather meek young lad. It'd be a miracle if he managed to escape unscathed."

Was he actually condoning her skipping out on training? If Serefina’s eyes had gotten any bigger they would have devoured her face. Her mind was still reeling from that when he announced a perfectly plausible reason for Seres to not be at practice. She looked at him shrewdly, wondering if this was a test of some kind. He was so difficult to read that Serefina found it hard to judge, and normally she judged people fairly well. Although even she admitted that Anastazi was one of her blind spots.

“This is true. He is rather delicate.” She wouldn’t say that her alternate identity was meek; she’d proven just the previous day that she was not meek by any standards. “After all, we wouldn’t want him to injury himself or make any of the other recruits sick when House Ank’hir may soon have need of them.” She grinned, she wasn’t sure why that made her so very happy, but it did.

“The question is how I now want to spend the day…” In an uncharacteristic manner, she hooked her arms around Vallios' and looked up at him. "Have any suggestions?"

"Well, first I feel I should inform you of pending plans. The night after our...Ceremony, I intend to go on a hunt. You are more than welcome to attend if you wish."

It was best to tell her now, so that she didn't form any of her own secret plans. Vallios smirked at the shrewd look she'd given him, finding how baffled she was by him quite amusing. She just didn't seem to realize that Vallios' mind was always working on some plot or plan. Silence was his favored disguise, nobody expected anybody from barbaric heritage to have any grasp of schemes. Vallios decided to address her second question with one of his own, wondering just what she felt like doing.

"Well, my life is very simple when the house is not in any danger. Training is all I have on my agenda, and I can afford to take a day away if you've got some flight of fancy you wish to pursue."

He also needed to keep her distracted, he wanted the hounds to be a surprise. So, he resigned to his silence to ponder back-up options to keep Serefina busy if she found herself hard pressed to think up other plans. Vallios curled an arm around her and pulled her close as he waited for her response.

Until yesterday, her life had consisted of training for her position and fighting. While it had not been public knowledge till recently about who would take over after her mother, the family had known. Her father had said she had the fighting spirit of someone three times her size, and glancing at Vallios, she wasn't so sure of that, but it was a small comfort that when he'd picked Vallios, he hadn't said anything about her needing to train harder to catch up to him. Then again, part of his job was to help see her become his equal.

Without thinking about it, she leaned slightly against Vallios' arm. As they walked past, a few servants here and there paused and stared at the odd couple. The ice princess actually being affectionate with someone, it was a shock. "I honestly don't know. I've never had much time of freedom." As for his comment about the hunt, she wasn't sure what to say. After all, for all she knew she might be a hindrance to him, despite his assurances that she was welcome to. She still had this morning's arguement in the back of her mind when she's stumbled across that recently deserted fire. She had a temper, and it could have gotten her killed, or even Vallios. Her grip on his arm tightened for a moment as she thought of that unpleasant reality. For a moment, the vision of it would not go away, and she pressed her face into his arm to stifle what felt like her eyes burning.

"I...I don't mean." Her voice was hesitant, something she rarely was. "I don't mean to be uncertain. I know that as House Mother, I must be bold and certain, but I just don't know. I've been sheltered from a great deal. I've never even gone to the town's markets."

"Then we should go somewhere you've never been before. It's up to you...This city holds no surprises for me."

Vallios knew the city inside and out. However, it'd be nice to learn just what caught Serefina's attention most. Vallios began steering her away from the safety of the halls of the house, gradually leading her out to the world. As he did so he began to understand the realities of his task. There was so much she'd never been taught, so much she'd have to learn as she went...So much he had to guide her through. Vallios gave her a reassuring squeeze.

"Confidence isn't grown into. It is earned. Earned by pushing your limits and fighting through the losses."

Sagely words from a savage. It was strange, how much wisdom lay behind that scar. Life in the wild had definitely accelerated Vallios' views on the world as a whole. As Vallios thought about her words he suddenly felt aged. Serefina was so fresh to the world, and he so jaded...Perhaps he could take this as an opportunity to shed new light on an old canvas.

She looked up at him and smiled gratefully. She got to choose, huh? Really choose. "Alright, I want to go to the bazaar. I've been told that ANYTHING can be bought there. Besides, I still need to choose a gift for you. What better place." She smiled the smile of the innocent, having no idea just what 'anything' could entail. While their house did not participate in some of the less humane things, did not mean they weren't there and weren't for sale. She wasn't sure what she could get Vallios that wouldn't be some sort of trinket, but if it was there, she'd find it, she swore.

"But you'll have to lead, I'm not even remotely sure how to get there."

Back
Top Bottom